12-18-15, 11:40 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/xaymgk.png

Collect Snowglobes

http://i65.tinypic.com/dot6o8.png

Gracious Gift at 25 Snowglobes

http://i63.tinypic.com/2u8kqwy.png

hiabarara
12-18-15, 11:42 AM
None of the three dragons have caught my eye yet, but I like World Events, so yay! :)

Anaboe
12-18-15, 12:13 PM
Yup. Too bad I've been batteling a Sabretooth lvl 10 all day and yesterday, was hoping for a tournament, because it starts to look like a glitch: it has defeated my lvl 15 Rainbow Sentinel 4 times now, and my Amazon lvl 14 2 times now, which has the same odds as winning the lottery...

Sandybellee
12-18-15, 12:17 PM
Yay! Happy to have the world event! This time I was prepared for it with 20 hour crops ready on all farms.

Happy collecting, everybody! :)

lenasdinner
12-18-15, 12:25 PM
this event bring us only 3 dragnos...Mistletoe Dragon looks very nice maybe and Candy Cane Dragon.but Sweater Dragon 0 point,dont like it at all.these dragons are offcorse for Christmes time sweet and nice but not so very atractive. but I like to play world event so I'm on it!!

Sandybellee
12-18-15, 12:31 PM
this event bring us only 3 dragnos...Mistletoe Dragon looks very nice maybe and Candy Cane Dragon.but Sweater Dragon 0 point,dont like it at all.these dragons are offcorse for Christmes time sweet and nice but not so very atractive. but I like to play world event so I'm on it!!

I think the Rocking dragon may be an actual dragon. We'll have to wait and see.

belarica
12-18-15, 01:05 PM
The 2 headed dragon looks the best. I'm disappointed there's only 3 dragons this time, but I love world events!

intrinsicallyknotted
12-18-15, 01:13 PM
The first community prize looks exactly like the Christmas Cabin decor from last year's event, as best I can tell from the silhouette. Are they reusing prizes now?

I like the look of the dragons, including the sweater dragon--cute but not ridiculous!

vshephard96
12-18-15, 01:14 PM
When hatching eggs is it the same amount of globes no matter the dragon that is hatched?

lady_saphira
12-18-15, 01:21 PM
When hatching eggs is it the same amount of globes no matter the dragon that is hatched?
You get 1 globe per hour of hatching time.

Emma3B
12-18-15, 01:23 PM

I got 24 globes from hatching a sunrise dragon which takes 24 hours

lindseyny
12-18-15, 01:43 PM
LOVING THIS EVENT! All of the dragons and prizes look awesome! Puts me in the Christmas spirit! =)

DeeDe99
12-18-15, 02:00 PM
Make sure to send a Fire dragon on the Quest for Globes!

freshfunin2008
12-18-15, 02:36 PM
I like the Candy Cane dragon. The final prize. The rocking horse dragon looks like decor to me and not a real?? dragon. Good luck everyone. Something to keep us busy for 18 days.

lenasdinner
12-18-15, 03:08 PM
I like the Candy Cane dragon. The final prize. The rocking horse dragon looks like decor to me and not a real?? dragon. Good luck everyone. Something to keep us busy for 18 days.

it's decor.... Rocking Dragon Toy,not real dragon.

lenasdinner
12-18-15, 03:13 PM
The first community prize looks exactly like the Christmas Cabin decor from last year's event, as best I can tell from the silhouette. Are they reusing prizes now?

I like the look of the dragons, including the sweater dragon--cute but not ridiculous!

yes its the same!!if you have one from last year now you will have 2!unles thay change it for the same reason....who know.I dont have it works for me.

DeeDe99
12-18-15, 03:32 PM
it's decor.... Rocking Dragon Toy,not real dragon.

I think it is a dragon. Last world event was similar, one looked like decor. Also if it isn't, there won't be the usual 4 dragons. There is a rocking horse animal in Fantasy Forest too.

Edit: No, I think you are right, just a toy. That's good actually, I wouldn't like a rocking horse dragon, how could it fly?

monbohn
12-18-15, 08:33 PM
Do newer players not get events until they reach a certain level? My friend recently started playing and doesn't have the event. Ty.

blackeneddove
12-18-15, 08:37 PM
Yay! Candy Cane dragon! I suggested this in the Winter/Holiday suggestion thread. I only wish the had gone with the colors I wanted, too (white/red/pink). We have enough white/red/green dragons already.

DI3S3L
12-18-15, 08:58 PM
I have not received my "gracious gift" that gives globes. I got the notification that says I got it but still don't have it.

DeeDe99
12-18-15, 09:39 PM
I have not received my "gracious gift" that gives globes. I got the notification that says I got it but still don't have it.

Make sure you have selected the "All" tab in Storage. I thought I didn't have it too, then realised I did when I selected the "All" tab. Which is usually selected, but I must have accidentally clicked on one of the other tabs.

hiabarara
12-19-15, 01:05 AM
Do newer players not get events until they reach a certain level? My friend recently started playing and doesn't have the event. Ty.

It should be available at level 17.

messacity
12-19-15, 01:29 AM
Me to, I did'ent get it! It must be a glitch. Lets hope Storm8 will look into it.

MaribouMay
12-19-15, 08:33 AM
Me to, I did'ent get it! It must be a glitch. Lets hope Storm8 will look into it.

Did you storage using the ALL tab? If it isn't there, send a report toS8. You might want to check the bugs forum too.

MaribouMay
12-19-15, 08:45 AM
It looks like the final community prize, Candy Cane, is a rare dragon. I don't recall there ever being a rare final community prize. Same thing in FFS.

I looked it up and the only other rare dragon given as the final community prize was the 3rd world event (this one is the 16th). Curious.

Natasha_07
12-19-15, 08:59 AM
I like this event, so Christmas-y which is kinda lacking around my surroundings for whatever reason this year!

monbohn
12-19-15, 09:48 AM
Still haven't quite figured out how to reply using the quotes....I quoted the wrong post. Sorry. To hiabarara, thank you for the info in response to my question.

hiabarara
12-19-15, 11:03 AM
Still haven't quite figured out how to reply using the quotes....I quoted the wrong post. Sorry. To hiabarara, thank you for the info in response to my question.

No problem :) And you just need to click the "Reply With Quote" button that's at the right corner below every post. Then this whole post will get quoted in the reply window right below that post.

Emma3B
12-19-15, 11:16 AM
Make sure to send a Fire dragon on the Quest for Globes!

Thanks for reminding me :) forgot about that!

Tictoclolo
12-19-15, 09:58 PM
- On Dragon Story, only three Dragons in the World Event and a recycled deco from last year
- On Fantasy Forest Story, only three Animals in the World Event and a recycled deco from last year
- On Castle Story, only decorations in the World Event...
If we add the several re-released Events in Castle Story during this year, is that me or TL is becoming more and more lazy in addition to becoming more and more greed? I know that recycling and substainable developpment are fashion nowadays but still...

TL, if you have a lack of inspiration why not listening your community for once? There're so many players full of great ideas who ask nothing but sharing them with you...

DeeDe99
12-19-15, 10:23 PM
Tictoclolo, I'd be more cognisant of possible economic problems. Such a suggestion is officially denied, of course, but the actions are typically indicative.

redstar177
12-19-15, 11:34 PM
I actually like that there are only 3 dragons- they release so many these days, it's a welcome break!

hiabarara
12-20-15, 01:40 AM
I actually like that there are only 3 dragons- they release so many these days, it's a welcome break!

They do release many dragons, but most of them are hard to get. Spin The Wheels is unpredictable, the tournaments can be tough as hell, Dragon Tales is getting really expensive/time-consuming and your chances to get a new breedable dragon are not that high, either (I'm looking at you, Past!). At least the World Event basically guarantees you to get these new dragons which makes me happy :)

DeeDe99
12-20-15, 02:38 AM
I think they've planned this quite well, actually. This IS a busy time for some, not so busy for others. So here we have an event with lower value dragons (I.e. The prices aren't 1,600 gold from the market) so if people are too busy due to the season, they won't feel they've missed an unmissable dragon, while the less busy of us still have an entertaining, yet relatively easy, event we can work around.

If it was high value Ultra Rares, or four dragons etc, there would be complaints about having it over Christmas. No way to please everyone, I suggest.

This way there is something for everyone without anyone feeling pressured or feeling they've missed out.

Plus there is the Trio happening as well, which will suit some players better than others as well. I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to do a Dragon Tales over Christmas, with an Ultra Rare at stake.

athena238
12-20-15, 02:22 PM
I have 505 and I didn't receive the festive tree. I looked everywhere in storage, nowhere to be found

athena238
12-20-15, 02:29 PM
I just shut down my Ipad and found it :)

delimiah
12-21-15, 12:16 AM
Personally I liked that there are only 3 dragons. But I hate the fact that there's still NO habitat as a prize! And I understand that there's the new habitat which requires gold to buy. But it would be better if can be purchase with coins instead. After all, most players have millions of coins just stocked up for nothing!

persezabar
12-21-15, 04:58 AM
I am in community...
60.000000 is too much for first prize, now just more than 28 million

DeeDe99
12-21-15, 05:04 AM
For the 12th and 13th events it was 50,000 for the first community prize, then dropped in the 14th and 15th events. Interesting, one would think there'd be consistency.

MaribouMay
12-21-15, 10:19 AM
For the 12th and 13th events it was 50,000 for the first community prize, then dropped in the 14th and 15th events. Interesting, one would think there'd be consistency.

Sometimes they are consistent. This time we have 25 days, longer than I can recall for a previous world event. It makes sense that we would have higher thresholds.

hiabarara
12-21-15, 10:24 AM
Sometimes they are consistent. This time we have 25 days, longer than I can recall for a previous world event. It makes sense that we would have higher thresholds.

I thought we only had 18 days? It says until 1/5 and it started last Friday.

freshfunin2008
12-21-15, 10:31 AM
Mine stated 18 as well. More time higher goals.... but we can do it

konstantine820
12-21-15, 10:38 AM
576 snow globes so far, and went to look for my "Gracious Gift" but it was not in my storage. Can TL assist?

username: Konstantine820
island: FatherOfDragons

MaribouMay
12-21-15, 10:42 AM
I thought we only had 18 days? It says until 1/5 and it started last Friday.

Ooops! I confused it with the World Event in FFS which is 25 days. My mistake!

hiabarara
12-21-15, 10:44 AM
Ooops! I confused it with the World Event in FFS which is 25 days. My mistake!

No problem :) I'm just glad we're on the same page here and that there are no differences between the players.

DeeDe99
12-21-15, 01:32 PM

Ah yes, that makes sense! :)

roguebee
12-21-15, 06:28 PM
It's a nice Christmas present that S8 is giving us. Looks like we will need to collect 2600 snow globes for the final personal prize. So we have 17 full days and 2 fractions which together is almost a full day. Using the 17 days, if you collect 153 globes per day, you'll have the 2600 plus whatever you collected on the 2 half days. Running 20 hour crops on 7 farms, hatching one Water dragon and collecting just once a day from the Gracious Gift will give 156 per day. No need to worry over achieving the goal. Assuming you have 7 farms and willing to accept the lower food production rates, you could log in once a day and complete the event.

persezabar
12-22-15, 03:18 AM
Look picture, community total now... I think that this is not good. We will not get the lastes prize, so slowly.
I have 1126 globes.

hiabarara
12-22-15, 07:00 AM
Look picture, community total now... I think that this is not good. We will not get the lastes prize, so slowly.
I have 1126 globes.

I don't think S8 would introduce a new dragon and not let us get it. I mean they're basically throwing new dragons at us every day, so it would be a waste for everyone if we didn't get it (we can't even use their favorite strategy - gold!). During the last World Event we reached the last prize a couple hours before the event was over. I'm honestly so chilled about it.

MaribouMay
12-22-15, 07:50 AM
I have 1126 globes.

I have participated in every world event except the first two and we have never missed the last community prize.

persezabar
12-22-15, 11:11 AM
I don't think S8 would introduce a new dragon and not let us get it. I mean they're basically throwing new dragons at us every day, so it would be a waste for everyone if we didn't get it (we can't even use their favorite strategy - gold!). During the last World Event we reached the last prize a couple hours before the event was over. I'm honestly so chilled about it.

I have participated in every world event except the first two and we have never missed the last community prize.

Great, then I was optimistic now... 😀

Natasha_07
12-22-15, 02:26 PM
I like the Christmas house and the cabin, I just wished the tree was HUGE!

DeeDe99
12-22-15, 04:01 PM
I don't think S8 would introduce a new dragon and not let us get it.

Let's hope your logic holds true for the Future Dragon........ :)

hiabarara
12-22-15, 11:58 PM
Let's hope your logic holds true for the Future Dragon........ :)Well, the thing is that a) the Future Dragon is breedable und some people already got it and b) you could buy it with gold. None if this is true for the last World Event prize.

DeeDe99
12-23-15, 12:09 AM
Well, the thing is that a) the Future Dragon is breedable und some people already got it and b) you could buy it with gold. None if this is true for the last World Event prize.

LOL Some of us are questioning the term "breedable" in this case! But yes, you are right......unfortunately!

NancyJosJewels
12-23-15, 02:54 AM
You have to download the "base" version of dragon story. It's confusing, but they do a ton of releases with special names, and the only one that does the tales is the plain one.

bakerystoe
12-23-15, 04:02 AM
I had a mistake and I plant DIAMONDATES before this
:( NO NO NO NO NO

freshfunin2008
12-23-15, 03:08 PM
I don't know if I can take 18 days of this. I am already bored with it. Bring on the dragons. This decor will never see the light of day on my island.

hiabarara
12-24-15, 12:59 AM
I don't know if I can take 18 days of this. I am already bored with it. Bring on the dragons. This decor will never see the light of day on my island.

Haha, I know what you mean :D I don't care about the decor at all. I love to see islands that are beautifully decorated, but I don't really feel like wasting space for it. I try to fill every space with habitats. It's not even worth selling because then I would have to go through my storage multiple times and it loads so badly (and most things only sell for 100 or 200 bucks).
But I'm always happy with World Events because that means they won't surprise us with another highly expensive Dragon Tales :D So at least we still have 2 weeks to save food and feed the dragons we want to feed :p

DeeDe99
12-24-15, 01:01 AM
I enjoy decorating while I can - before I hit habitat limits. Want to do more of it, gradually getting more free space available. I want space between my habitats!

On an unrelated matter, my poor level 8 Fire dragon is exhausted and complaining bitterly about the extra work load. He didn't mind questing for gold back in the day, but he is finding this 24/7 snowglobes hunt very draining.

I gave him extra Vegemite sandwiches.

persezabar
12-24-15, 05:35 AM
First dragon prize, beautiful Sweater is on my nest....but 22hour ufff.

Natasha_07
12-24-15, 07:02 AM
Glad to find another decorating keeper, LOL!

I got lazy mid year with the decorating then too busy with work so it's the same way ever since plus it takes long to decorate for me been android.
I would like to have a few more of the Christmas trees from this world event since they're so tiny and get lost in between the habitats, don't think it is.

Is it possible after unlocking ? :confused:

BTW my fire is also questing but only once per day, since I only get to check once!

I enjoy decorating while I can - before I hit habitat limits. Want to do more of it, gradually getting more free space available. I want space between my habitats!

On an unrelated matter, my poor level 8 Fire dragon is exhausted and complaining bitterly about the extra work load. He didn't mind questing for gold back in the day, but he is finding this 24/7 snowglobes hunt very draining.

I gave him extra Vegemite sandwiches.

belarica
12-24-15, 07:28 AM
First dragon prize, beautiful Sweater is on my nest....but 22hour ufff.

22 more snow globes for you in the morning :) I'm almost there, I have 1673

DeeDe99
12-24-15, 02:58 PM
I must be running behind, even though my nests are virtually occupied non-stop with Fruitfuls at the moment! I only have 1484 with Topaz to hatch in about 7 hours and another Fruitful cooking. My farms are never idle except for maybe three hours if I don't wake up in the middle of the night (which I usually do at my age - darn it). But I don't have the 16 per 4 hour tree!

Natasha_07 - not sure if we can get more. There is the one for sale, but 450 Gold for a Christmas Tree? No likely on my island! I could get a habitat for that!

hiabarara
12-24-15, 03:45 PM
I must be running behind, even though my nests are virtually occupied non-stop with Fruitfuls at the moment! I only have 1484 with Topaz to hatch in about 7 hours and another Fruitful cooking. My farms are never idle except for maybe three hours if I don't wake up in the middle of the night (which I usually do at my age - darn it). But I don't have the 16 per 4 hour tree!

Natasha_07 - not sure if we can get more. There is the one for sale, but 450 Gold for a Christmas Tree? No likely on my island! I could get a habitat for that!

I have nearly the exact same amount of snowglobes at the moment and I don't think we're running behind. This event started six days ago and if we keep our pace then we'll get the last individual prize in less than six more days and we'll still have some days left :)

bakerystoe
12-25-15, 06:22 AM
Why this not have the habitats! these decorations are not good as I think:( S*cks

hiabarara
12-25-15, 06:31 AM
Why this not have the habitats! these decorations are not good as I think:( S*cks
I also wish they would give us habitats as prizes again :c I would be so happy! Seems like the 7th World Event "Dragons Of Japan" was the last World Event that offered one. That habitat was so gorgeous and held 4 dragons!

DeeDe99
12-26-15, 09:31 PM
Sitting on 2004 snow-globes now. Sweater hatched.

Yes, habitats as prizes - that would be good! But I do like the decor, it brightens the place up a bit. :)

freesiawoods
12-27-15, 07:30 AM
I also wish they would give us habitats as prizes again :c I would be so happy! Seems like the 7th World Event "Dragons Of Japan" was the last World Event that offered one. That habitat was so gorgeous and held 4 dragons!

Yes, that was so wonderful and the Egypt event too. It really nakes a difference having the whole set in a themed habitat.

belarica
12-27-15, 07:57 PM
Just hit 2600 and mistletoe in storage. Now back to planting diamondates round the clock :)

persezabar
12-27-15, 11:41 PM
Mistletoe is in my storage, but hard work not finish for community collect....

uku383
12-28-15, 12:43 AM
Hey, can anyone say how many Food units it takes to earn a snow globe? Ta! :)

DeeDe99
12-28-15, 01:32 AM
Uku383 it isn't food units, it is farming hours. So if you plant a 5 hour crop on 1 farm, at the end of the five hours you will get five snowglobes. Hope that makes sense. If you plant a 20 hour crop at the end you will get 20 globes.

Crops less than 1 hour, I do not think provide globes, but I am not sure - I never plant them - they may aggregate.

One globe per one hour per farm

uku383
12-28-15, 01:43 AM
Thanks DeeDe99. That was perfectly explained.

For info, less than one hour crops do produce globes (I will sometimes plant for ten minutes at a time to boost productivity).

devlinholics
12-28-15, 02:32 AM
Hey, can anyone say how many Food units it takes to earn a snow globe? Ta! :)

Snow globes can be gotten by.

1. hARVESTING crops, if you harvest a 20hr crop you get 20 snow globes SG, harvest 1hr crop you get 1 SG. Anything less yr SG melts so you get nothing.

2. HATCHING or SELLING yr dragons, if it is 44hr completes, you get 44 SG, if it is 3hr complete you get 3 SG, 10sec or 20sec yr SG just melts

3. Questing yr fire dragon, you get 5 SG upon complete regardless lvl1 or epic you just get 5 SG

4. Collect from yr present, you can spend gold to get the Xmas tree or another present which yields more SG

5. Dragon battles, winning one dragon tournament nets you 2 SG (sadly it just ended) ,winning normal dragon battles nets you 1 SG

Natasha_07
12-28-15, 09:11 AM
I don't really like the rocking dragon, S8 could have given us a 4 dragon elegantly designed Christmas habitat. :rolleyes:

hiabarara
12-28-15, 09:45 AM
I don't really like the rocking dragon, S8 could have given us a 4 dragon elegantly designed Christmas habitat. :rolleyes:

It's not a dragon, but a decoration. Though I would like to have such a dragon :D

mylord7
12-28-15, 09:48 AM
For info, less than one hour crops do produce globes (I will sometimes plant for ten minutes at a time to boost productivity).
Less than one hour crops don't always produce globes.
Actually, most of the time don't produce anything and sometimes produce 1 globe.
Perhaps it's needed 6 crops of 10 minutes (1 hour in total) to produce 1 globe or the globe is given randomly.

lenasdinner
12-28-15, 12:34 PM
with 2 612 snowglobes I finished my individual prize! now I just have to work on community prize!

Natasha_07
12-28-15, 12:51 PM
It's not a dragon, but a decoration. Though I would like to have such a dragon :D

LOL! I know it's a decoration, that why I don't like it!

Bastiaan0
12-28-15, 02:24 PM
with 2 612 snowglobes I finished my individual prize! now I just have to work on community prize!

You don't really have to, as S8 is always making sure 3rd community prize is achieved. Otherwise they would have created a dragon no-one could display ;)
I'm at 2079 snowglobes right now, easy does it. The only thing I do extra to get snowglobes is buying Water, Light and Air eggs, just because I can. I don't think I actually should have...

DeeDe99
12-28-15, 02:33 PM

I don't much like it either, but I don't like it for reasons of logic. Horses don't play on rocking horses, humans do. So I highly doubt dragons would play on rocking dragons. It is just weird.

What would dragon kids play on? I don't know, but the designers should have thought of something more in keeping with the story!

Dragon kids could play on........rocking elephants or something completely fantasmagorical (or phantasmagorical if you prefer). :)

Bastiaan0
12-28-15, 02:40 PM
Dragon kids could play on........

Rocking humans? :p:rolleyes:

DeeDe99
12-28-15, 02:45 PM

He he he - I did think of that, but thought I might start a furore!

Bastiaan0
12-28-15, 02:52 PM
He he he - I did think of that, but thought I might start a furore!

Whahaha LOL :D I'd love to see one :p

mylord7
12-28-15, 04:59 PM
LOL! I would love to see such a toy as a dragons' one.
It would be extremely allegorical, like the "Planet of Apes" ;)

hiabarara
12-29-15, 04:10 AM

Even I would consider to display such a decoration :D And I never display decorations :p

Natasha_07
12-29-15, 06:50 AM
LOL! I don't really complain about decor in DS, but this rocking dragon is just ugly. Something about it just gives me the jeepers...

lenasdinner
12-29-15, 10:24 AM
You don't really have to, as S8 is always making sure 3rd community prize is achieved. Otherwise they would have created a dragon no-one could display ;)
I'm at 2079 snowglobes right now, easy does it. The only thing I do extra to get snowglobes is buying Water, Light and Air eggs, just because I can. I don't think I actually should have...
so if we achived individual prize we dont have to collect snowglobes any more for community prize ?? its not really hard to do since I plant food all the time and breed dragons all the time so I have a planty eggs to keep or to sell.my breeding den is rearly empty...lets say never.I have 2,815 snowglobes buy now.

kooky panda
12-29-15, 10:49 AM
so if we achived individual prize we dont have to collect snowglobes any more for community prize ?? its not really hard to do since I plant food all the time and breed dragons all the time so I have a planty eggs to keep or to sell.my breeding den is rearly empty...lets say never.I have 2,815 snowglobes buy now.
In the past we have already received the final community prize, but there is no guarantee that this will always happen. I always keep collecting even after getting my last dragon.
If everyone stops, then is it possible that we will not get the last community prize.

belarica
12-29-15, 10:50 AM
I never stop collecting, though I do go back to planting better food after I get the personal prizes. :)

lenasdinner
12-29-15, 10:56 AM
In the past we have already received the final community prize, but there is no guarantee that this will always happen. I always keep collecting even after getting my last dragon.
If everyone stops, then is it possible that we will not get the last community prize.

thanx Kooky....that's my thot too! so will keep collecting snowglobes!

feonalily
12-29-15, 10:58 AM
My mistletoe dragon is in storage. I like this dragon the most out of the event. I might keep the sweater dragon in baby form because he's cuter that way

belarica
12-29-15, 11:08 AM
My mistletoe dragon is in storage. I like this dragon the most out of the event. I might keep the sweater dragon in baby form because he's cuter that way

Mine is the candy cane, can't wait to get it. :D

feonalily
12-29-15, 11:21 AM
Mine is the candy cane, can't wait to get it. :D
lol well i'll continue collecting snowglobes so you can get your candy cane dragon

Bastiaan0
12-29-15, 12:14 PM
thanx Kooky....that's my thot too! so will keep collecting snowglobes!

I never said I completely stop collecting, otherwise that would mean you'd have to stop planting, breeding and battling altogether. In my case: no way!
But maybe it's a good idea to keep buying eggs, just because I can :D and to help the community a bit ;)

groovyedwin
12-29-15, 01:39 PM
Waiting for the world event where the final community prize is not awarded to players. It would be an interesting thing to see and hear the feedback from players.

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 02:14 PM
I never said I completely stop collecting, otherwise that would mean you'd have to stop planting, breeding and battling altogether. In my case: no way!
But maybe it's a good idea to keep buying eggs, just because I can :D and to help the community a bit ;)

How do you have enough free nest time to need to buy eggs? I have 3 nests and they are almost always occupied, or about to be occupied.

Mistletoe is waiting for a nest! Might be waiting a while, I think!

belarica
12-29-15, 02:44 PM
How do you have enough free nest time to need to buy eggs? I have 3 nests and they are almost always occupied, or about to be occupied.

I have 3 nests and usually one is always empty unless I've been speed breeding. :)

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 02:52 PM
I have 3 nests and usually one is always empty unless I've been speed breeding. :)

I get loooooong fails! LOL I had one free this morning, but a Sunrise and a Past on the other two, with FUTURE needing that free nest. Yippee. So Mistletoe waits...... The Past has 5.5 hours to go. Then I have a 14 hours on the Den for when the Sunrise finishes.

Bastiaan0
12-29-15, 03:16 PM

There is your answer... The fact is that I very rarely speed up anything, I like gold too much :p
I've got 2 nests, one of those was almost continuously occupied by Sunrise fails from trying for Past. I only had to hatch Black Ice and Sweater, so enough nest time left to buy some commons.

2299 snowglobes so far, guess Mistletoe will arrive on the last day of this year :)
By the way, does anyone know for how long Mistletoe needs a nest?

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 03:21 PM
By the way, does anyone know for how long Mistletoe needs a nest?

Yes, 25 hours. That's why he's waiting in Storage at my place - I like to think I'll have a nest free "soon" when all three are occupied.

Like you, I rarely speed up breeding, I too like gold too much! Watch the pennies, the pounds look after themselves, my father always said.

Bastiaan0
12-29-15, 03:28 PM
Wow, 25 hours :eek: Another big temple time consumer...
Your father is a wise man! ;)

heskett2008
12-29-15, 08:46 PM
I'm very disappointed that there is only three dragons this time for the event instead of our usual four! Not only this but reusing last years Christmas cabin decoration! TL has really let the ball drop on this event and if they try this sort of stuff in the future I d think they're not going to get the huge support for world events like they are used to. We look forward to these things. But only if they really are fun and have good prizes. The dragon tales are beginning to get to the breaking point as well where its beginning to not matter to do them anymore. Don't do the same thing to world events!

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 09:00 PM
Heskett2008, many of us felt this was a good event as it was more relaxed for the busy season without too much at stake if people were too busy with real life to devote much time to the game. Everyone has different perspectives. The pace of this event and the prizes catered for the competing demands on people's time nicely.

The Dragon Tales are good, not sure what you mean by "breaking point", but I wouldn't want one over Christmas/New Year.

minicooper11
12-29-15, 09:12 PM
DeeDee she means that the dragon tales events are a gigantic waste of resources for prizes that are merely duplicate colors of dragons we already have. Oh and I completely agree with you Heskett! Well said.

heskett2008
12-29-15, 09:27 PM
What I mean is I dont want this event to be duplicated in the future with old repeat prizes and short changing us dragons! I want four dragons for Valentine's day event and new decorations! I am crystal clear that this should not be a precedent! Deedee! I don't care about your life! I care about precedents being made! Maybe you are too dim to see that implications that are being made here by TL! And the dragon tales last time included a rare dragon, not a super rare that we were forced to level up to 15. This is what I mean by getting to the breaking point for them. And an ultra rare in dragon tales is useless btw. It's not a diamond. It's just unbreedable in the arena so it's not even that powerful to make such a big deal over to get.

roguebee
12-29-15, 09:30 PM
I found the pace right for the holiday season. So we only get 3 dragons... At least they will all go together in a green habitat in stead of being spread across the islands.

D_Raho
12-29-15, 09:39 PM
We have the second community prize. Just 120,000 more to go. Really would have been nice to see that Rocking Human. lol

Deedee! I don't care about your life! Maybe you are too dim to see that implications that are being made here by TL!

While I certainly see and even somewhat agree with your initial point about disappointed with this event, there is simply no reason to be this rude to anyone here.

florawynn
12-29-15, 09:42 PM
I'm very disappointed that there is only three dragons this time for the event instead of our usual four! Not only this but reusing last years Christmas cabin decoration! TL has really let the ball drop on this event and if they try this sort of stuff in the future I d think they're not going to get the huge support for world events like they are used to. We look forward to these things. But only if they really are fun and have good prizes. The dragon tales are beginning to get to the breaking point as well where its beginning to not matter to do them anymore. Don't do the same thing to world events!

I agree. Traditionally, events have given 4 or 5 dragon prizes. Even the shorter ones. I think other commenters have completely missed the point of this post. TL simply took away the 4th dragon we would've received and replaced it with the duplicate Christmas Cabin from last year's event. The number of dragons we received--3 vs 4--has nothing to do with "pacing"; TL just decided not to put the work in to design a 4th dragon.

OzFamily
12-29-15, 09:53 PM
Heskett2008, many of us felt this was a good event as it was more relaxed for the busy season without too much at stake if people were too busy with real life to devote much time to the game. Everyone has different perspectives. The pace of this event and the prizes cated for the competing demands on people's time nicely.

The Dragon Tales are good, not sure what you mean by "breaking point", but I wouldn't want one over Christmas/New Year.

Plus, since Android users didn't get World Events until January, it's nice for those who didn't get last year's items to at least get something offered last year. From time to time, people who couldn't get previous items do request for items to return in some way. What those who had the opportunity last year think is laziness, may actually be a nice gesture to those who wanted that opportunity and finally have it.

heskett2008
12-29-15, 10:00 PM
Making the argument that this event fits into the confines of your "life" is ridiculous and absolutely not what TL intended in giving us only three dragons. It's not what they intended by giving us a repeat decoration either. That's why I said I don't care about your life because bringing it into this discussion is ridiculous and moot. It has no bearing on TL's intentions. It simply wasn't to be rude.

OzFamily
12-29-15, 10:11 PM
Making the argument that this event fits into the confines of your "life" is ridiculous and absolutely not what TL intended in giving us only three dragons. It's not what they intended by giving us a repeat decoration either. That's why I said I don't care about your life because bringing it into this discussion is ridiculous and moot. It has no bearing on TL's intentions. It simply wasn't to be rude.

How do you know TL's intentions?

heskett2008
12-29-15, 10:22 PM
Their intentions as usual are to make money off of us of course. That's why habitats are no longer offered in world events and if we don't complain about this precedent that they're setting with this event we will get less dragons and more repeat prizes. It's obvious they're testing the waters with these changes just like they did with the three gold being given out for boss battles in tournament and we complained about that and it got changed with the next tournament back to five. When they put out a precedent like this it's a test to see if we will care enough to complain or not. If we don't, they will continue it this way in the future. and save themselves money.

OzFamily
12-29-15, 10:30 PM
Their intentions as usual are to make money off of us of course. That's why habitats are no longer offered in world events and if we don't complain about this precedent that they're setting with this event we will get less dragons and more repeat prizes. It's obvious they're testing the waters with these changes just like they did with the three gold being given out for boss battles in tournament and we complained about that and it got changed with the next tournament back to five. When they put out a precedent like this it's a test to see if we will care enough to complain or not. If we don't, they will continue it this way in the future. and save themselves money.

And, how does giving people a chance at prize they weren't given before and giving out less dragons help them make money? Less dragons actually could mean less money for TL, since we have fewer mouths to feed and fewer habitats needed. A repeat prize could have also been offered for gold for anyone unable to get it last time. It sounds like TL could actually make less money as the result of this world event...

heskett2008
12-29-15, 10:39 PM
No, it just saved them money by not creating a new dragon and decoration for us. But if you like less and repeat stuff just keep at it and that's all we'll get. Eventually this game will only be good for you and other new players while the old players quit.

heskett2008
12-29-15, 10:49 PM
Also many people gold rush their nests to make goals to get the dragons in events and since the goals are especially high this time and there's been several limited time dragons up for breeding during this period, they have been certainly making much in gold usage during this event.

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 10:53 PM
Heskett2008, this game isn't all about the old players only. The reality is the longer you play, the less new stuff there will be. Newer players can't be ignored at the whim of the older players, newer players need to be catered for as well.

You are welcome to your opinions, but please be courteous enough to allow others' opinions to be voiced as well. There are many players who like the game as it stands.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about the 3 or 5 gold in the tournaments. No idea why there is any gold at all, the dragon is sufficient reward, surely?

Any minute now Kooky will be along to request we stay on topic, as this discussion is way off topic. If you feel strongly enough, I suggest you start a new thread.

OzFamily - very good points you have raised.

heskett2008
12-29-15, 10:58 PM
Since you feed with coins and can buy a habitat with coins too, that's a moot point on your behalf. The real money making during events and dragon tales is always gold usage.

heskett2008
12-29-15, 11:01 PM
It was off topic long before I came along and im only recognizing the direct attacks that are being made at me.

OzFamily
12-29-15, 11:03 PM
No, it just saved them money by not creating a new dragon and decoration for us. But if you like less and repeat stuff just keep at it and that's all we'll get. Eventually this game will only be good for you and other new players while the old players quit.

Once again, you are assuming. I am in no way a "new" player. I, like many others who have been playing the game for years, have several dragons in storage, in fact. I could go on, but, as I recall, you do not care about how this event affects anyone else's life- only your own.

You have to understand, as DeeDee mentioned, everyone has a different perspective. Some people are looking at the positives this world event is providing, while others prefer to look for negatives. When all you can find are negatives for something that is only a game, and get this worked up about it, perhaps it is time to quit...

OzFamily
12-29-15, 11:17 PM
Wow.

A. There is no need to "gold rush" nests. There is plenty of time. We just got the 2nd community prize, and have just about a week to get the last one. Without using gold, I will have my Mistletoe in storage tomorrow, which I think is the earliest I've gotten the final individual prize.

B. Food, like the speeding up of nests, can be purchased with gold.

C. Habitats, like the new one available which holds four dragons, can be purchased with gold.

Note: You can use gold any way you want to. If you prefer to speed up your nest (s), that is perfectly fine, and it does help all of us reach the goals faster, so, thank you if you do. I'm just saying that you don't need to, just like you don't need to buy extra crops or buy the fancy habitats. I prefer the fancy habitats.

heskett2008
12-29-15, 11:33 PM
Gee, Captain Obvious! Got anymore useless information to bore me with. Just go back to your game already. I'm tired of dealing with you. Your useless points are nothing.

OzFamily
12-30-15, 12:11 AM
Also many people gold rush their nests to make goals to get the dragons in events and since the goals are especially high this time and there's been several limited time dragons up for breeding during this period, they have been certainly making much in gold usage during this event.

Since you feed with coins and can buy a habitat with coins too, that's a moot point on your behalf. The real money making during events and dragon tales is always gold usage.

Gee, Captain Obvious! Got anymore useless information to bore me with. Just go back to your game already. I'm tired of dealing with you. Your useless points are nothing.

I'm sorry, according to these posts it appeared you did not understand that the way you choose to spend gold is not the only way, or primary way, TL makes money during the event. As a result, you said I made a "moot point." I was proving my points were valid. I like to use these things called facts to back up my points.

heskett2008
12-30-15, 12:29 AM
I believe I used facts as well. And using gold to buy food is atypical. But it does happen. The more widely accepted way is with coins. And the more widely accepted way of habitat buying is also with coins but a fancy one bought with gold is nice now and then when one can afford it. I believe many people were gold rushing their nests more importantly to get the limited time dragons than to meet the event goals, but they do coincide. Now these are facts. Are you happy? I'm still not seeing how your argument is any more valid.

hiabarara
12-30-15, 05:06 AM

Let me just join this conversation to politely demand to stay on topic. No one wants to attack you personally. We all have different opinions (I even agree with some of yours). But you start to get really rude. So please just stop right here. You can open a new thread and we can all discuss this stuff over there in a polite manner, but let's just end this here. Thanks.

belarica
12-30-15, 08:54 AM
Wow.

A. There is no need to "gold rush" nests. There is plenty of time. We just got the 2nd community prize, and have just about a week to get the last one. Without using gold, I will have my Mistletoe in storage tomorrow, which I think is the earliest I've gotten the final individual prize.

B. Food, like the speeding up of nests, can be purchased with gold.

C. Habitats, like the new one available which holds four dragons, can be purchased with gold.

Note: You can use gold any way you want to. If you prefer to speed up your nest (s), that is perfectly fine, and it does help all of us reach the goals faster, so, thank you if you do. I'm just saying that you don't need to, just like you don't need to buy extra crops or buy the fancy habitats. I prefer the fancy habitats.
I like fancy habitats that hold 4 dragons :)

kooky panda
12-30-15, 09:11 AM
Okay guys, the thread is going off topic with personal conversations and some mild attacking of other members opinions.
Please keep your posts to the topic of the Event .

Thanks

Simdiva
12-30-15, 11:14 AM
Uku383 it isn't food units, it is farming hours. So if you plant a 5 hour crop on 1 farm, at the end of the five hours you will get five snowglobes. Hope that makes sense. If you plant a 20 hour crop at the end you will get 20 globes.

Crops less than 1 hour, I do not think provide globes, but I am not sure - I never plant them - they may aggregate.

One globe per one hour per farm
You can get globes with upgrapes I plant them often and get just as many as with the rushrooms by the time it all evens out, probably ten per hour maybe more. I have my mistletoe and did nothing but upgrapes, rushrooms and dates when I was sleeping so. I've been power planting to raise as many dragons as possible during this break. I've managed to do a ton including prima to epic, fire to fourteen, black pearl and quite a few other heavy hitters. Now working on Eternal and expect to finish with a lot of food in storage for tales. Granted I'm tied to my iPad! But what else do you do when you have a bug? Very grateful for this event and the time it has given us to finish all these Dragons up. A true gift in my opinion and I like the dragons too.

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 05:02 PM
Looks like we are all on target for the final community prize. 2/3rds of the way through the event and almost 2/3rds of the required snowglobes collected. Taking into account many players report not having played on Christmas Day and perhaps a day either side, looks like the total is achievable without any of the oft rumoured "assistance" from "above"! :p

Hollyhok45
12-30-15, 10:19 PM
I think the Rocking dragon may be an actual dragon. We'll have to wait and see.
I was very disappointed

stefen35
12-31-15, 02:42 AM
tomorrow i will get the last prize form the individual one :)

hiabarara
12-31-15, 06:57 AM
Just got Mistletoe :)
I'm always glad how easy it is to get the individual prizes. After my very first World Event I learned a lot and since then it's always been easy, but in a really nice and relaxing way. I enjoy it quite a lot.

roguebee
12-31-15, 08:37 AM
I just put Mistletoe on the nest. It was a day earlier than I had expected. hatching all those Sunrise fails from trying to breed Future paid off.

Bastiaan0
12-31-15, 08:39 AM
I just put Mistletoe on the nest. It was a day earlier than I had expected. hatching all those Sunrise fails from trying to breed Future paid off.

The same her exactly :D

jaymieb2
12-31-15, 09:08 AM
Hmmm... I have completed the last few World Events easily, but several days during this event, I lost track of time (the whole day), and am WAY behind! Hovering around 1800 snow globes with 5 days to go. I think I will make it, but things are going to be closer than I am comfortable with. Happy New Year everyone!

Simdiva
01-01-16, 10:31 AM
I was very disappointed

It's a great decoration, I love decor, as far as I'm concerned there are not enough decor items in the market and woukd like a lot more. Be something to spend all those coins on!

persezabar
01-02-16, 05:23 AM
I'm hardworking woman, I have alredy collect 4345 snowglobes. We must to get the last prize. Let's do our best 👍

blackeneddove
01-02-16, 11:13 PM
I'm hardworking woman, I have alredy collect 4345 snowglobes. We must to get the last prize. Let's do our best ��

Holy WOW!! How did you get so many so fast!? Thank you for your dedication to helping out the community! :D

DeeDe99
01-02-16, 11:18 PM
I'm hardworking woman, I have alredy collect 4345 snowglobes. We must to get the last prize. Let's do our best ��

I was feeling good about my 3,748 count, now I see I am merely a second-rate collector! Wow and well done!

persezabar
01-03-16, 02:53 AM
Now I have 4607. I collected so much, when I'm like crazy speed up breeding for to get Future and now Eve.

Bastiaan0
01-03-16, 01:02 PM
Now I have 4607. I collected so much, when I'm like crazy speed up breeding for to get Future and now Eve.

Please don't shout it out loud, you might give S8/TL an idea :p
But a more challeging number of, let's say, 4000 items wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm now at 3208 snowglobes, without much effort...

hiabarara
01-03-16, 01:41 PM
But a more challeging number of, let's say, 4000 items wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm now at 3208 snowglobes, without much effort...

I do basically everything I can to gain snowglobes - the quest, collecting from the decoration, battling, harvesting and putting Air/Water dragons on empty nests. I'm not close to 4.000. The only way to gain more snowglobes would be to speed up farms or breeding and I think it would suck a lot if you would need to spend gold to get one of the prizes :/ (Sounds like something S8 would do, though. Ahem.)
So I wouldn't have any problems if they increased the price of the individual prizes, but it should still be doable without spending gold. And to be quite honest I like the World Events because they're easily manageable even if I have to go to work or something :)

Bastiaan0
01-03-16, 01:59 PM
I just won the tournament, so no more battling for me :) I only keep buying eggs, even Lights and Olympus'. And of course collecting from the gift, that's too easy ;)

TwinkleTwiny
01-03-16, 02:03 PM
Do you think we will be able to get the final community prize without S8 help? There are 2 days left and about 30.000.000 to go :/

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 03:09 AM
I think we'll be right. Seems right on target according to some rough calcs I did.

I'm over 4,000 now. Clearly I need a life!

Bastiaan0, I haven't bought any eggs in that lot! But I do keep battling. My research to make tournaments easier. I have records of 306 battle results now.

belarica
01-04-16, 06:41 AM

I would be okay with this as long as they extended the event by a few days, and only if it was a 4 dragon event. :) maybe even 5!

Kadygirl
01-04-16, 11:20 AM
We are never going to reach the best dragon which is the candy cane dragon. Kinda sad really.

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 11:24 AM
Yes we are Kadygirl. Why do you think otherwise?

belarica
01-04-16, 11:34 AM
We are never going to reach the best dragon which is the candy cane dragon. Kinda sad really.

Must be your first world event. :) it's not over until it's over!

blackeneddove
01-04-16, 11:36 AM

I have been busy this holiday season and just now collected 2700 globes. There have been a few times I have been too busy to get the last prize (I don't have a Snap Dragon or Bride of Franken - was on vacation during these events). So I definitely don't think they need to up the amount of items to collect... It's plenty challenging enough as it is.

Kadygirl
01-04-16, 12:24 PM
I just think we are to far away. I hope im wrong. I have 4964 snow globes and im still going strong.

zaccy678
01-04-16, 01:33 PM
Only at 1360 snow globes... Trying to work out whether I'll be able to get that Sweater Dragon...

I want him!!

And please, no talk about increasing requirements :rolleyes: :eek:

persezabar
01-04-16, 01:39 PM
Now 5013 globes. Go,go,go!

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 03:26 PM
Only at 1360 snow globes... Trying to work out whether I'll be able to get that Sweater Dragon...

I want him!!

And please, no talk about increasing requirements :rolleyes: :eek:

Zaccy678, I totally agree with you - under normal circumstances I wouldn't be anywhere near this many, in fact I am shocked - it is only because I am home at the moment. If I was working, it would be very different.

I think Storm 8 realise that and so I think you'll be very safe! I do hope you get Sweater!

What they could do is have a mystery prize for people who got to some really high number, like 5,000 - they could let that player pick a habitat they didn't already have or something.

freshfunin2008
01-04-16, 03:30 PM
Looks like we will go down to the wire on the final prize. Good job everyone!

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 07:34 PM
At the moment we are collecting at the rate of 768,000 per hour and we only need 684,000 per hour. So even though the northern hemisphere is about to go to bed, as long as you all planted crops, we should be fine.

jjblueyes
01-05-16, 12:49 AM
I have been busy this holiday season and just now collected 2700 globes. There have been a few times I have been too busy to get the last prize (I don't have a Snap Dragon or Bride of Franken - was on vacation during these events). So I definitely don't think they need to up the amount of items to collect... It's plenty challenging enough as it is.

I'm not even there yet. I didn't play on Christmas and I'm really not doing anything else different. Planting, quest, battles and breeding. I don't want anything harder. But that's me. :) cheers friend. Hope you are doing good!

hiabarara
01-05-16, 07:10 AM
Looks like we will go down to the wire on the final prize. Good job everyone!
Just the same as last time :D

Natasha_07
01-05-16, 08:17 AM
I'm not even there yet. I didn't play on Christmas and I'm really not doing anything else different. Planting, quest, battles and breeding. I don't want anything harder. But that's me. :) cheers friend. Hope you are doing good!

I don't want anything harder either, I think it's perfectly fine the way it is. It would be near impossible for those who can't check their games often to get enough pieces for the world events.
That would be too much stress... For a game! :)

vshephard96
01-05-16, 08:44 AM
It's crunch time... Are we going to make it... :)

TwinkleTwiny
01-05-16, 09:22 AM

I'm sure we will, less than 400 000 to go with 2hours left, candy cane, my island is waiting for you :)

hiabarara
01-05-16, 09:31 AM
I don't want anything harder either, I think it's perfectly fine the way it is. It would be near impossible for those who can't check their games often to get enough pieces for the world events.
That would be too much stress... For a game! :)
If someone wants a harder challenge then they can get excited for Dragon Tales events :p

Lurker2
01-05-16, 09:48 AM

We just made it with a little over 1 hour and 45 minutes to go.

hiabarara
01-05-16, 09:50 AM

Yes, we made it, but we still have 1 hour and 40 minutes :)

vshephard96
01-05-16, 09:52 AM
Great job everyone. Woot woot... Now on to the next challenge, event, battle.. Lolol

Jackiesq
01-05-16, 10:02 AM
Yes! My nest was waiting 2hours empty, but the egg is there now!

amerirish
01-05-16, 11:23 AM
Congrats & nice job everyone! :D

Bastiaan0
01-05-16, 11:48 AM

Well, that has been closer in previous events, like in the last 5 minutes...
Anyway, we got it :D Mine is on the nest now, takes 16 hours. Not too bad.
By the way, I had 3542 snowglobes on the counter. That's almost 200 per day average, perfectly normal, in my case.