PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 12/17 update: EXPIRED Happy Glimmer Year! (timed / optional)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

mreames
12-21-15, 09:36 AM
So we only get 4 small spring trees?

I believe that is the case, no pun intended. ;) I haven't actually gotten there yet.

twinkletoes12348
12-21-15, 09:48 AM
So we only get 4 small spring trees?

I think so. That's all I got (I just hit 450 fireworks this morning). It kind of reminds me of one of those gifts you get from a weird aunt or old, dotty grandma. Like socks that don't match or an ugly sweater that isn't your size. :D

azriX2012
12-21-15, 09:55 AM
Yes we get 2 Blossom Branches and 2 Festive Sprigs. Nothing special about either of them. So far I'm very disappointed with the ind/com prizes.

spchstew
12-21-15, 10:22 AM
More decorations?? A lot of time and effort, not to mention materials, just for a few decorations. Just my opinion . . .

katbtodd
12-21-15, 11:27 AM
I just reach 600 fireworks and open up the community , didn't think I would ever get there ,also made level 3 on glimmer fountain , with only 4 taverns ,3 jeweler, 5 markets and 5 libraries , and not losing any sleep ,or using gems , thinking for just decorations it's just not worth it ,I am so disappointed it's not Christmas related and to me this has nothing to do with a new year ,. But it is what it is.. Good luck every body

tuffyjkitten
12-21-15, 12:11 PM
My daily goals are always to plant 10 flowers and the chop 10 logs!!!! I mean how many flowers can i buy?? I am gettingi vaded by flowers and have to store them all after i complete the daily goal. I think we shound have to do something else that buying flowers

I had this yesterday and buying the grass patch counted for all 3 steps....tending, buying, and clearing.

tuffyjkitten
12-21-15, 12:14 PM
I'm also confused as to why the optional (but not really optional) goal didn't involve flowers. It repeatedly mentions how faeries like flowers...so instead of an upgrade we have to do anyway (though not necessarily in the required time limit) why wasn't it something like give 50 or so petals of each color and then the award is marble or stone or something that actually helps with the upgrade?

This event seems very thrown together and poorly planned.

fish63
12-21-15, 01:36 PM
Now my Christmas trees won't store so I'll have Christmas year round! Since we won't get new ones. Same on Farm Story2! No Trees! Did get snow there. Would love to see snow in my Kingdom!

rulerofjennyville
12-21-15, 06:07 PM
More decorations?? A lot of time and effort, not to mention materials, just for a few decorations. Just my opinion . . .

What prizes do we get from this contest that aren't decorations? Are there any? From what I'm reading even the level 5 fountain is a decoration.

senshin
12-21-15, 09:28 PM
@Fish63, I'm able to store my trees in CS. Did you partially chop them? That might preventing them from being able to move from your kingdom into your inventory.

QueenCarolyn
12-21-15, 11:42 PM
Well, part of this quest ended for me. My cottages no longer drop bells. The ability to craft gift boxes is gone in my workshop. I have not upgraded my fountain to level 3 yet, but I thought I had more time. I was expecting this to last a few more days.

lexilea69
12-21-15, 11:49 PM
I agree with many of the comments. First I was stressing with all these times goals right at Christmas but now that I see we are getting crappy decorations not even related to the holidays I'm not stressing anymore! Got better things to do with family than waste my time trying to get stuff I don't want r need. My kingdom never gets set up way I'd like it to be b/c of all the buildings u have to put out to get through a goal. I'm getting disappointed with this game too, not what it use to be😔

riverly
12-21-15, 11:58 PM
Well, part of this quest ended for me. My cottages no longer drop bells. The ability to craft gift boxes is gone in my workshop. I have not upgraded my fountain to level 3 yet, but I thought I had more time. I was expecting this to last a few more days.the gift box event is over , but the fountain/fireworks event still has about 20 days.

hagypagy
12-22-15, 03:58 AM
once again...

THE FOUNTAIN ISN'T CENTERED!!

can this be fixed please?!

EsmeW2
12-22-15, 07:18 AM
After the disappointment of gifts challenge, I'm finding it really hard to be motivated by this one. I've built a few extra firework-dropping buildings, but will not do the frantic collecting that I normally do on these community events. If it turns out that any of the rewards are worth it I might step it up after Xmas, but at the moment these fireworks are damp squibs for me.

And sorry if this has already been answered, but since Android players are at a disadvantage again, is there anything specially done for us to make up for it?

Aliciak25
12-22-15, 07:31 AM
I agree thinking of u installing game. Don't like adding building I don't want and storing later. Once in awhile wasn't bad but everyoth e r event? Not happy, and not losing sleep and not caring if I make any goals

fish63
12-22-15, 08:27 AM
Chopped one each just to see if they still dropped items, but love them to much to chop them down! So Merry Christmas year round! I stay on this game to talk with neighbors I've had since Hidden Objects got cancelled! For those who never saw it. We built an estate and the fountains all flowed. But guess it wasn't a money maker. So we came to Castle to stay in touch!

farmerbrown2010
12-22-15, 08:39 AM
Now my Christmas trees won't store so I'll have Christmas year round! Since we won't get new ones. Same on Farm Story2! No Trees! Did get snow there. Would love to see snow in my Kingdom!

I can store my Christmas tree that I never chopped - but the 2 that I had partially chopped can't be stored. I just have a Christmas section & a Halloween section and leave them up year round.

PrincessCupOButter
12-22-15, 08:55 AM
I've been thinking about why the decorations...um, excuse me...prizes seem so off the wall for this event. I've come to the conclusion that since this 'holiday' is completely made up, then the deco for glimmer year doesn't follow the logic of any known holidays. That being said, I personally have no use for or desire to own a blown glass alien tumbleweed. And once again, the building (fountain) gets less attractive as it levels up (imho).
I realize that not EVERY prize can be something that drops useful things. And some people are very creative and do fun things with the deco! I enjoy seeing what my neighbors come up with. :) However, back to back deco only events at the busiest time of the year has me burnt out on this game.
We keep asking for core story, new trades and adventures, and, if it must be deco, at least animate it, but none of those things seems to be a priority. I don't want to quit because I love my neighbors and I really want to know the rest of the young ruler's story.
So, I'll make it to 600 fireworks, then I'm off to enjoy a Merry Christmas with my family. Hoping for new, better, different next year!

Maybe next year we can celebrate Festivus :rolleyes:

roguebee
12-22-15, 09:55 AM
Completing the goal to get my fountain up to level 3 was a complete disappointment. One basic fireworks box for my efforts.

RenZenGoddess
12-22-15, 09:57 AM
Regarding the Glimmer Garden "optional" timed event: I am at 39 glimmerstones and 39 glimmermarble-the event says there is less than 49 minutes. I can't collect again for about 2 hours...
I am pretty sure I collected close to every 3 hours (setting my clock at night to wake and collect)-
How was this one possible to make???Any possibility of time extension on this?
(I am having fun, otherwise!). Was looking forward to another case of fireworks, though.

dipwid
12-22-15, 10:03 AM
Regarding the Glimmer Garden "optional" timed event: I am at 39 glimmerstones and 39 glimmermarble-the event says there is less than 49 minutes. I can't collect again for about 2 hours...
I am pretty sure I collected close to every 3 hours (setting my clock at night to wake and collect)-
(I am having fun, otherwise!). Was looking forward to another case of fireworks, though.
If you chop your fireworks rewards you also get stone and marble drops. Mine was on track to drop enough for the upgrade. It was recommended to start the quest with at least 15 of each to be able to complete. I also sped my fountain a couple of times to make sure.

pcfroglad
12-22-15, 10:09 AM
Any event should be doable without having "insider" knowledge. This one was not. I have 7 hours left and cannot make the goal in spite of collecting as often as possible. This was because i upgraded to level 2 without knowing i should wait until i already had a good stock towards level 3. I think making goals like this is wrong.

carebear8724
12-22-15, 10:14 AM
I usually hate just deco events but some of this deco can be used year round which I am completely happy with. And the stuff that is only for Christmas is supposed to be JUST FOR CHRISTMAS to make your kingdom look more festive. I think they covered all the boundaries this time around when it came to deco which we were all clambering for. Yea the new years deco is well... hideous they do actually drop nice deco pieces as well. I just got 2 cherry blossom bush thingys and 2 what I am asuming are a take money trees. Clearly has nothing to do with our New Year but maybe since the game doesn't celebrate Chinese New Year maybe that's just a HEYO! to the players of China. I would prefer a red envelope my self lol but what ever.
Stop being so grinch like everyone, it is the holidays for everyone not just you so give the mods and developers a break.

monsville13
12-22-15, 11:01 AM
I had the same issue this morning, thought I was getting a firebox, not plants

Guardian452
12-22-15, 11:15 AM
I usually hate just deco events but some of this deco can be used year round which I am completely happy with. And the stuff that is only for Christmas is supposed to be JUST FOR CHRISTMAS to make your kingdom look more festive. I think they covered all the boundaries this time around when it came to deco which we were all clambering for. Yea the new years deco is well... hideous they do actually drop nice deco pieces as well. I just got 2 cherry blossom bush thingys and 2 what I am asuming are a take money trees. Clearly has nothing to do with our New Year but maybe since the game doesn't celebrate Chinese New Year maybe that's just a HEYO! to the players of China. I would prefer a red envelope my self lol but what ever.
Stop being so grinch like everyone, it is the holidays for everyone not just you so give the mods and developers a break.

IMO, the criticism of the devs is well-deserved. For folks wanting holiday-themed decorations, that could have easily been provided by making them available in the market for purchase with gems. The player-base is getting tired of being given nothing but timed events. Believe it or not, the majority of people have lives and schedules that aren't dictated by having to login to an app every 2-3 hours.

mreames
12-22-15, 11:20 AM

We were all clambering for deco???

Anaboe
12-22-15, 11:57 AM
Since I started playing this game, there hasn't been any event I didn't fully participated and completed, I even have 3 jewel dragons while I didn't have any dragons when that event started. This is the first event I don't see myself finish.

Even more, this is the first even I don't enjoy. It's nothing but wait: 4 hours for the jeweled, 8 for the tavern and libraries, 22 for the market. I have 10 Marketplaces, 8 libraries, 5 jewelers and 3 tavernes, and only 537 Fireworks.

I have 37 glimmer marbles - and only 21 glimmer stones! This is annoying, very annoying. And I only have 1 day left to upgrade to lvl 3...

I was always very confident about this game being doable, but now I'm loosing hope...

KadeeDid
12-22-15, 12:15 PM
Would be nice if we could gift fireworks now instead of ribbons.

That would be awesome!

rulerofjennyville
12-22-15, 01:31 PM

That's what I was complaining about with the dumb wedding carriage goal where you had to click every four hours. I made it and it did no good whatsoever - I collected enough of the other supplies to get THREE carriages before I started getting lace. I would just ignore goals like that in the future. I don't know why they put them in - a goal where you have to stay up and click every three hours is just going to alienate people.

ETA I have a question for everyone. I got past level two, it showed a box then said I had two spring trees and those two cherry blossoms. So should I be looking in my inventory for a box or are the four trees what was in the box? Kind of like the troll token box from the mystery table goal?

Sandybellee
12-22-15, 02:09 PM

You're lucky to have had such even drops! I currently have 40 marbles and just 30 stones. Didn't make the timed goal but didn't even expect to make it so that's fine.

twinkletoes12348
12-22-15, 02:36 PM
So ... that first community prize is just a decoration then? Bah humbug. And since when is the harvest in late December? So weird ...

mreames
12-22-15, 02:36 PM
The plants were the in the "crate". (Box)

That's what I was complaining about with the dumb wedding carriage goal where you had to click every four hours. I made it and it did no good whatsoever - I collected enough of the other supplies to get THREE carriages before I started getting lace. I would just ignore goals like that in the future. I don't know why they put them in - a goal where you have to stay up and click every three hours is just going to alienate people.

ETA I have a question for everyone. I got past level two, it showed a box then said I had two spring trees and those two cherry blossoms. So should I be looking in my inventory for a box or are the four trees what was in the box? Kind of like the troll token box from the mystery table goal?

midsom
12-22-15, 03:02 PM
D
we were all clambering for.

Sorry we weren't ALL clambering for deco, in fact we are bogged down with deco, how about something useful for a change? anything extra that drops sugar or chocolate regularly would be a great Christmas present, a new adventure from the keep would be awesome, some new items in the kitchens gee there are endless possibilities yet all we get is deco.

Getting bored of events where all we do is build and click for deco, but, great for my economy, haven't spent anything on castle story for ages

ShibuyaCloth
12-22-15, 03:36 PM
Community Prizes:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701083.png_2v_31020.png
Glimmer Year Harvest
Info: A gathering of the harvest's best crops, in Human tradition. Prize from the Glimmer Year event.
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 1x1
Events: Happy Glimmer Year! - December 2015
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87491

rulerofjennyville
12-22-15, 03:44 PM
D

Sorry we weren't ALL clambering for deco, in fact we are bogged down with deco, how about something useful for a change? anything extra that drops sugar or chocolate regularly would be a great Christmas present, a new adventure from the keep would be awesome, some new items in the kitchens gee there are endless possibilities yet all we get is deco.

Getting bored of events where all we do is build and click for deco, but, great for my economy, haven't spent anything on castle story for ages

So everything is definitely just deco, including the fountain and the community prizes?

mreames
12-22-15, 03:54 PM
So everything is definitely just deco, including the fountain and the community prizes?

Can't be certain about the community prizes until they are awarded. At this time, the level 5 fountain only drops fireworks.

midsom
12-22-15, 05:37 PM

So far everything has been deco, still got my fingers crossed for the two main prizes, but on the last click and collect event the prize really wasn't worth the board space.

SassyRebellion
12-22-15, 08:32 PM
I used all of my gems trying to upgrade the Glimmer Fountain to level 3, and ran out of time. I'm getting sick and tired of trying to complete these challenges. It seems like Storm is trying to force us to purchase gems by purposely making these challenges impossible to complete.

Kevin0908
12-22-15, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=NorthWoodsKingdom;1224344]Been wondering the same thing (& about the ind/comm prizes, too)...but hopes are not high, lol.
We might end up with another stationary roundabout playground ride like the Castle Gardens lol
2701627017[/QUOTE

I want to know if it's going to drop anything good. I've had enough of statues.
Here here!

Kevin0908
12-22-15, 10:12 PM
It's not winter everywhere....just saying! A huge portion of the world's population live south of the Equator, and some of us even play online games!! And (shock, horror), we even have indoor plumbing, electricity, and stopped wearing grass skirts more than a year ago.

[tongue firmly in cheek].

Oh so 367 or 8 days ago then? Well, i hope you've enjoyed your first year of indoor plumbing. I could really use a grass skirt for costume parties. You wouldn't happen to have that year-old one stored in a box somewhere, wud u? 

Sandybellee
12-22-15, 11:16 PM
51 glimmer marbles and 34 glimmer stones... Sigh...

AnniePMH
12-23-15, 12:06 AM
Can't be certain about the community prizes until they are awarded. At this time, the level 5 fountain only drops fireworks.

Not entirely true, it also drops 350 coins. And 1-2 xp:):rolleyes:

Anaboe
12-23-15, 04:44 AM
How many Fireworks do you guys have? I feel like I'm so far behind... I have 637.

Jinc4
12-23-15, 04:49 AM
Hoe many Fireworks do you guys have? I feel like I'm so far behind... I have 637.

You are way ahead of me - I have 481 - I have 3 market places, 3 jewellers, 3 libraries and a tavern. I just don't have room for any more firework buildings!

twinkletoes12348
12-23-15, 07:28 AM

I'm willing to bet that because #1 is "A gathering of the harvest's best crops, in Human tradition", then the next is a "A gathering of the harvest's best crops, in Troll tradition", followed by "A gathering of the harvest's best crops, in Faerie tradition". The pictures, and the quest's steps, seem to support that.

dipwid
12-23-15, 08:44 AM
You are way ahead of me - I have 481 - I have 3 market places, 3 jewellers, 3 libraries and a tavern. I just don't have room for any more firework buildings!
I have 613. 5 jewelers, 4 market places, 4 libraries, and 1 tavern, along with level 3 fountain.

Sandybellee
12-23-15, 08:49 AM
How many Fireworks do you guys have? I feel like I'm so far behind... I have 637.

I have 560.

I have 6 market places, 1 tavern, 3 jewelers, 2 libraries. Didn't build any new buildings for this quest, just took what I had out of storage.

riverly
12-23-15, 09:16 AM
We were all clambering for deco???just like we were all "clambering" for a community event

ktorewqas
12-23-15, 09:26 AM
840 :D 9 jewler, 6 market, 4 library, 1 tavern. Just got the ballon arch this morning. I do not feel the waiting ... Cause there is no expectation :rolleyes:

mreames
12-23-15, 09:46 AM
I used all of my gems trying to upgrade the Glimmer Fountain to level 3, and ran out of time. I'm getting sick and tired of trying to complete these challenges. It seems like Storm is trying to force us to purchase gems by purposely making these challenges impossible to complete.

I hate to say this after you've already spent your gems, but for the sake of anyone else, these little timed goals on the side are not worth spending gems on. The reward was one fireworks case. If you want to spend gems, you're better off speeding up the fountain, but not for this reward.

mreames
12-23-15, 09:55 AM
Not entirely true, it also drops 350 coins. And 1-2 xp:):rolleyes:

I started to add that but decided I didn't care enough. 😜

mreames
12-23-15, 09:59 AM
just like we were all "clambering" for a community event

Well, yeah, that I believe.... Both cases virtually non-existent. Lol

twinkletoes12348
12-23-15, 11:38 AM
I'm sure none of us were clambering or clamoring.

I quite like community events, but I'm not a fan of purely deco prizes. I'd kind of like to bail on all the fireworks collecting, but I feel like I should contribute so that those who are clamoring for more deco get their prizes.

macdonald
12-23-15, 04:54 PM
1141 fireworks, 2 jewelers one of each other.

rulerofjennyville
12-23-15, 04:56 PM
I'm sure none of us were clambering or clamoring.

I quite like community events, but I'm not a fan of purely deco prizes. I'd kind of like to bail on all the fireworks collecting, but I feel like I should contribute so that those who are clamoring for more deco get their prizes.

It's the same with me. I'm trying to keep up my end of collecting fireworks since it's a group goal but I'm not terribly motivated to finish the fountain though I probably will since it seems like I have lots of time to finish it and there's the off chance that once the whole challenge is over it will start dropping something good. On the plus side, after the annoying start with my wedding carriage I now have the alicorn I wanted so bad and it's dropping 5 energy which makes me very happy. More alicorn drops in competitions for those of us who weren't around for the love shack!!!!

rulerofjennyville
12-23-15, 04:59 PM

You're not behind me - I have 589.

WindermereBakery
12-23-15, 05:36 PM
I only have 101 on my phone account. Hope that makes someone feel better. I'm desperately hoping the final community prize drops something and isn't just decoration.

Is it just me, or is it hard to see how many fireworks you have? The numbers are partially under the fireworks picture, so I have to click on the picture and read how many I have on the top left of that pop up. It's never been that hard to read before.

CLOVERKAITO
12-23-15, 09:00 PM
I sold off a bunch of cottages and bought a bunch of taverns (13 total). I took out the 7 marketplaces I crafted for previous event. I got 3 libraries and 4 jewelers to begin with. Now I collected around 800 fireworks so pretty sure I can get to 2200 easily. Just collecting for the community that's all, but I didn't bother setting a 3 hours timer like I did with previous events. Not feeling very enthusiastic about this event, especially after the previous event where I did close to 40 crafts and still didn't get Lorelei sculpture and the Gingerbread house. I don't even feel like decorating my kingdom for X'mas so my kingdom still looks ugly as ever right now.

littelprincess0313
12-23-15, 10:21 PM

Hey, ok I read this now the second time and Im really wondering: Why did you spend gems to level up? The 3 day (? Not sure on this tine) was only for a little extra help, not for the whole event? So you could have just let it run out... I did that by the way.

And my problem: I cant find the stuff we got for the second prize. I wanted to place the blossums cause they're pink and look pretty (I still totally agree that it's stupid to give us prizes complitly unrelated to this time of year - was hoping for sth with Christmas!) but I cant find them...
Does this happend for anyone else? And ideas where they could be?

tazdeil
12-23-15, 11:29 PM
It's Christmas Eve here in Tasmania. So Merry Christmas to all who celebrate :o

DrP4ever
12-24-15, 01:03 AM
How about we earn some trade tickets in the fireworks or something really useful, pretty please. I need to expand ,y kingdom but I'm slugging away at trades and have a very long way to go prior to opening up more land. With more land then I can put out my various decorations in theme areas, which would be awesome!

newzealander
12-24-15, 02:39 AM
It's Christmas Eve here in Tasmania. So Merry Christmas to all who celebrate :o
It's just over an hour till Christmas Day here in New Zealand, so Happy Christmas to my trans-Tasman neighbours, and then in another day or so, to the wider S8 community.

Tapping at fireworks is going to have to take a back seat to beach cricket tomorrow! (Wouldn't it be great if we could opt for a 24 hour freeze on events? Where no tapping would count, but no timer would move?)

EsmeW2
12-24-15, 04:00 AM
It's just over an hour till Christmas Day here in New Zealand, so Happy Christmas to my trans-Tasman neighbours, and then in another day or so, to the wider S8 community.

Tapping at fireworks is going to have to take a back seat to beach cricket tomorrow! (Wouldn't it be great if we could opt for a 24 hour freeze on events? Where no tapping would count, but no timer would move?)

How wonderful that we are playing this crazy game all over the world!

We are still in the morning of Xmas Eve over here in the UK. Happy Christmas to everyone Time to go and wrap real life presents and forget about fireworks for a bit.

ktorewqas
12-24-15, 05:31 AM
��Merry Christmas��

Jennerwein1
12-24-15, 05:37 AM
"I have noted not only in CS, but FS 2, RS2, DS: the random drops (at least in my games) are beyond crappy ( for lack of a better word - well there is ONE). Unable to finish an event in RS2, a first.Missed FS2, because could not upgrade sleigh, even though my planes were flying a great deal. " Posted this on the thread for the last nonfinishable event.
I have 655 fireworks, with 3 jewellers, 2 taverns, 2 libraries and 6 markets. Fountain only at level 3. Playing a lot. And did not get that box looking thing in my storage. Not bothering to uninstall, because it is so ugly, I would not put it out anyhow.
What is up with that? Getting frustrated.

Jennerwein1
12-24-15, 05:40 AM
To all players in Germany, where it is Christmas today: Wuensche Euch allen "Frohe Weihnachten"!
Merry Christmas to Australia, New Zealand and Tazmania.

xanethi
12-24-15, 05:55 AM
Merry Christmas for everyone here from Denmark .

Anaboe
12-24-15, 07:03 AM
A few hours to go for Christmas Eve, and then we have the first day of Christmas and the second de of Christmas, so happy holliday from The Netherlands :)

jazzydiva1
12-24-15, 07:12 AM
"I have noted not only in CS, but FS 2, RS2, DS: the random drops (at least in my games) are beyond crappy ( for lack of a better word - well there is ONE). Unable to finish an event in RS2, a first.Missed FS2, because could not upgrade sleigh, even though my planes were flying a great deal. " Posted this on the thread for the last nonfinishable event.
I have 655 fireworks, with 3 jewellers, 2 taverns, 2 libraries and 6 markets. Fountain only at level 3. Playing a lot. And did not get that box looking thing in my storage. Not bothering to uninstall, because it is so ugly, I would not put it out anyhow.
What is up with that? Getting frustrated.

You get the the things that are in the box. Not the box. I got blossoms and festive springs.

Jennerwein1
12-24-15, 08:17 AM
Merry Christmas to Europe and UK.

Jennerwein1
12-24-15, 08:17 AM
Jazzydiva: Thanks. Got those. Pretty.

0LIW0
12-24-15, 10:08 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

So far this event has been the best. I really like the confetti path for some reason. At least with events like this it's easier to obtain the necessary items needed for the prizes. I should be able to finish with time to spare! ;)

meme1098
12-24-15, 10:19 AM
Talk about out of proportion... I have 2 marble & 18 stone working towards level 4. :eek:

kat8rose
12-24-15, 11:50 AM
First place says 4 glimmer drops for lvl 2... lucky to get 2! No wonder I am so far behind! HELP IF SOMEONE IS WORKING TODAY.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! !!!

meme1098
12-24-15, 12:55 PM
First place says 4 glimmer drops for lvl 2... lucky to get 2! No wonder I am so far behind! HELP IF SOMEONE IS WORKING TODAY.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! !!!

I think that's combined - stone + marble

I'm level 3 & I get 5 but that's 3 of one & 2 of the other. Just collected & I got 3 marble & 2 stone.

kat8rose
12-24-15, 01:32 PM
I think that's combined - stone + marble

I'm level 3 & I get 5 but that's 3 of one & 2 of the other. Just collected & I got 3 marble & 2 stone.

Thanks but I know that's combined... Not holding my breath for anything retroactive lol... Merry Christmas!

anurulz
12-24-15, 09:49 PM
Merry Christmas to all!!

zyfazix
12-25-15, 03:59 AM
Currently at 392 Fireworks. At this rate I'll be 900 fireworks short of the final individual prize. 1 Tavern, 1 Jeweler, 2 Marketplaces and 2 Libraries

anurulz
12-25-15, 06:06 AM
Just crossed 600 fireworks and got the first community deco..

jessiefromshimerville
12-25-15, 10:33 AM
Your blossoms should be in inventory under decorations

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-25-15, 10:46 AM
I finally chopped a fireworks box on my baby account (I'm hoarding them all on my main account, lol) and...

Am I the only one who was expecting (& disappointed not to see) it shoot off FIREWORKS like the castle & barracks do, when an adventure returns?

Call me crazy but when I bust open a box of fireworks, I expect to see FIREWORKS!!! LOLOL

newpam575
12-25-15, 01:19 PM
I finally chopped a fireworks box on my baby account (I'm hoarding them all on my main account, lol) and...

Am I the only one who was expecting (& disappointed not to see) it shoot off FIREWORKS like the castle & barracks do, when an adventure returns?

Call me crazy but when I bust open a box of fireworks, I expect to see FIREWORKS!!! LOLOL
That would be really cool and make chopping those boxes really worth it! I think I will start to hoard a few now.

ShibuyaCloth
12-25-15, 01:49 PM
That would be really cool and make chopping those boxes really worth it! I think I will start to hoard a few now.

Once you are at level 5 it makes sense.

ktorewqas
12-25-15, 03:44 PM

Call me crazy but when I bust open a box of fireworks, I expect to see FIREWORKS!!! LOLOLgreat idea! Would love to see that instead of a bunch of wheat popped out lol

lmirul
12-25-15, 05:36 PM
Goal 5: Faerie Festivities
- Study in the conservatory x5
- Plant 10 flowers
- Spread 5 piles of seeds
Rewards: 1400 gold, 5 exp, troll fireworks case

Also triggers timed optional goal:
Glimmer Hearth (5 day timer)
- Upgrade the Glimmer Fountain to level 5
Rewards: 2400 gold, 7 exp, faerie fireworks case

ktorewqas
12-25-15, 07:22 PM
Goal 5: Faerie Festivities
- Study in the conservatory x5
- Plant 10 flowers
- Spread 5 piles of seeds
Rewards: 1400 gold, 5 exp, troll fireworks case

Also triggers timed optional goal:
Glimmer Hearth (5 day timer)
- Upgrade the Glimmer Fountain to level 5
Rewards: 2400 gold, 7 exp, faerie fireworks case
5 days timer lol thanks

lmirul
12-25-15, 09:09 PM
Just giving everyone a heads up hehe. I'm guessing most people won't bother with it as the reward is only a fireworks case xD

coolssp
12-25-15, 10:27 PM
Merry Christmas every one

This quest has been really boring - anyone else feel that, even with the orphanage and essence pool, there was more chatter. I think with decorations as prizes and this being family holiday time, even the community collection has been kind of slow... My wish for 2016 is for better quests

starcontrol
12-25-15, 11:07 PM
In the credit where credit is due department, thanks to the efforts of our gem speeders the rest of us can kick back and relax secure in the knowledge that there is absolutely no value in the quest rewards. Also, I have to say in the game designers defense that they at least got the pacing reasonable on this quest. There is enough time to finish it without undue stress. If the rewards were worthwhile I would really be enjoying this quest. Fireworks are period appropriate enough and the glimmer marble and stone is really pretty. Hoarders can't resist good building materials. I just dont understand S8's fascination with frozen fountains. The central water feature on this one looks like an alien blue flower.

lmirul
12-26-15, 01:45 AM
Goal 6: Ring in with a bang!
- Visit the Market Place x5
- Visit the Glimmer Fountain x5
- Open 5 Firework Cases
Reward: 1400 gold, 5 exp, faerie fireworks case

OnlyOneRamoth
12-26-15, 09:13 AM
I am pretty sure that putting the gem Christmas trees in the market would be good for your game economy S8. You are missing the boat.

The fountain in pretty....animation would alleviate the apathy we are all experiencing...and is not bad for the game economy. We will only buy so many Griseldas fountains.

Thank you for the Thanksgiving table, the Glimmerbat Habitat and the turkey animals....they go some way in making up for the disappointments experienced by all of us with the (truly horrible) Halloween and Christmas events.

Really? Nary a tree to put all those gifts under?

OnlyOneRamoth
12-26-15, 09:16 AM
The Christmas deco was also nice.....but we all thought is was just a prelude to the real event lol.

RenZenGoddess
12-26-15, 10:54 AM
I may have missed this answer:
I have both the Hearth timed event (upgrade fountain to level 5) and the final portion of the Fireworks "Ring In" goal (visit 5 markets, chop 5 fireworks boxes, visit fountain 5 times). I will still be able to collect fireworks when I complete the Ring In portion (as long as the event is still going)-right? Working on upgrading my fountain is going to have me finish the Ring In portion. This is how events have happened before-just want confirmation, please. BTW - I am enjoying this challenge immensely! Thank you, Storm8!

anne202b
12-26-15, 02:25 PM
Holy cow...am I the only one with under 1000 fireworks and still at Level 3 on the fountain? Seems like it's taking forever to get the marble and stone. Am I doing something wrong?

spoiledrotten2020
12-26-15, 03:12 PM
Holy cow...am I the only one with under 1000 fireworks and still at Level 3 on the fountain? Seems like it's taking forever to get the marble and stone. Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like you and I are operating at the same speed. I just passed the 800 mark in fireworks, and am halfway along with my level 3 fountain. But after rushing like crazy for the essence pool (which by the by, has NEVER dropped an earth wisp) I am no longer concerned about finishing any of these events. I simply enjoy tending my kingdom.

scotslassuk
12-26-15, 03:36 PM
Well am really doing something wrong!! Still on lvl 3with just over 400 fireworks but honestly I am not one bit bothered after the fiasco of the last quest that I never got the statue!! So didn't get the gold troll coins I am not going all out for another inanimate object to sit in my already inanimate kingdom and a balloon arch aint gonna cut it!! Merry Christmas all enjoy!!

mreames
12-26-15, 04:37 PM

Nope, I'm at level 3 on my fountain and under 1000 fireworks too. I haven't opened all my fireworks cases yet but that wouldn't change my level.

anne202b
12-26-15, 05:32 PM
Whew ~ good to know I'm not crazy far behind. This quest seems to be taking forever. Not one to complain but I'm jumping on the 'wish-prizes-were-more-than-decorations' bandwagon. (So, I guess I'm complaining?) LOL

Sending a 'late' Merry Christmas to all! Xo

ladyperidot
12-26-15, 08:45 PM
Nope, I'm at level 3 on my fountain and under 1000 fireworks too. I haven't opened all my fireworks cases yet but that wouldn't change my level.

I am that stage too. I'm a little more than halfway to level 4 with regards to stones and marble and just broke 900 for fireworks. I've chopped all my fireworks Caesars, sometimes you get a stone or marble

seisurreal
12-26-15, 09:12 PM
Hi Lovelies

Is it me or does it occur to you that we have lopsided parts from the fireworks case?

I got more glimmer stones, but where's the marbles? :p

meme1098
12-26-15, 09:59 PM
Hi Lovelies

Is it me or does it occur to you that we have lopsided parts from the fireworks case?

I got more glimmer stones, but where's the marbles? :p

Mines even more lopsided...lol. I have 42 marble & 58 stone. That's a pretty big difference

VictorianKnight
12-27-15, 06:58 AM
Mines even more lopsided...lol. I have 42 marble & 58 stone. That's a pretty big difference

Yes it wasn't too bad up to this point, now at the last stage....mine is 17 marble to 35 stone.

Snowtiger333
12-27-15, 07:53 AM
Im at 667 fireworks. Just updated to level 3 today. I have 5 stone and 18 marble. Why does everybody else have so much stone? What can I do to get stone? For upgrading to level 3, it took days to get the stone while I had the marble a while ago.

I dont expect to finish, I very rarely finish these events. I am not upset about it, either. The decorations just go in storage.

Jennerwein1
12-27-15, 07:54 AM
I have 1033 fireworks, am halfway through level 3 on fountain. Also not getting enough marbles. And this series of lackluster events is making me loose some!
And why, do tell, am I still get ribbons as gifts and am able to gift them? Anybody have a crystal ball? Or am I missing something?

meme1098
12-27-15, 08:04 AM
Im at 667 fireworks. Just updated to level 3 today. I have 5 stone and 18 marble. Why does everybody else have so much stone? What can I do to get stone? For upgrading to level 3, it took days to get the stone while I had the marble a while ago.

I dont expect to finish, I very rarely finish these events. I am not upset about it, either. The decorations just go in storage.

I try to collect every 3 hours from the fountain since that's the only source of the upgrade materials. Doesn't always work exactly at 3 but getting in as many collections during the day as possible should increase your chances. Several nights had insomnia & even did a quick collect then. I probably won't finish either but 3 hour collections are a lot better than tapping every hour.

rulerofjennyville
12-27-15, 08:05 AM
Well, I'm snowed in for the umpteenth time this winter. So I should be able to pull my weight on collecting the fireworks at least. Does anyone have a good guess as to what the final collective prize is? And I have the opposite problem as to collecting - I'm stuck at level three and am lacking 3 glimmer stones to move on. At least this one isn't too taxing.

meme1098
12-27-15, 08:08 AM
Well, I'm snowed in for the umpteenth time this winter. So I should be able to pull my weight on collecting the fireworks at least. Does anyone have a good guess as to what the final collective prize is? And I have the opposite problem as to collecting - I'm stuck at level three and am lacking 3 glimmer stones to move on. At least this one isn't too taxing.

You can check the first post for info on individual prizes. As for community prizes no one knows until they actually open up & if you check your game, we're only 61% to the 2nd prize.

Snowtiger333
12-27-15, 08:14 AM
Since Friday, I have been collecting every three hours and get one stone (max) per click on the fountain. On Monday, I wont be able to click every three hours as I will have to go to work. I wont finish and I dont want the decorations so it doesnt really matter but I dont understand why everybody who posted, less one person, is having trouble finding marble when Im having trouble finding stone.

meme1098
12-27-15, 08:22 AM
The level 3 fountain should be dropping a total of 5 stone & marble, 2 of one & 3 of the other. Hopefully that will help increase your materials. The lop-sidedness though is a problem.

I don't think there's much enthusiasm for these events any longer since decor is so prevalent. I know I'm not a fan any longer. It just becomes so tedious after a few days.
Wishing you good luck though. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-27-15, 08:55 AM
..... Does anyone have a good guess as to what the final collective prize is? .....

My guess on the last comm prize is ...hmm...another source for mushrooms?
....Or just more decor, lol

....and meme-Lorrainne ~ you can join in on my conversations ANYtime, Thuakian #16. :)

ETA: ..Is that 2nd comm prize a Chocolate Volcano?? Lol ... I'd luv a reliable source for chocolate!

meme1098
12-27-15, 09:03 AM

....and meme-Lorrainne ~ you can join in on my conversations ANYtime, Thuakian #16. :)

Thanks, NW, Grand PooBah. As usual, just trying to help but looks like the tinsel & glitter's off the tree already.

A chocolate volcano would be nice if it drops chocolate. :D

katbtodd
12-27-15, 09:57 AM

I can't believe I finished it this morning this event seems long , my firecracker boxes are still dropping glimmer marbles and stones .

meme1098
12-27-15, 09:58 AM

I can't believe I finished it this morning this event seems long , my firecracker boxes are still dropping glimmer marbles and stones .

What's that table with the pink champagne flutes called, Meeka?

BTW...I like how you've arranged everything. :D

mreames
12-27-15, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if twinkletoes nails this.

I'm willing to bet that because #1 is "A gathering of the harvest's best crops, in Human tradition", then the next is a "A gathering of the harvest's best crops, in Troll tradition", followed by "A gathering of the harvest's best crops, in Faerie tradition". The pictures, and the quest's steps, seem to support that.

ETA: ..Is that 2nd comm prize a Chocolate Volcano?? Lol ... I'd luv a reliable source for chocolate!

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-27-15, 11:04 AM

LOL, ok I can't resist (& you better laugh with me, lol!) but....

Check the first post; it's called the Toasting Table. LOL :p

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-27-15, 11:09 AM
Noooooooooooo, lol...I'm not giving up hope yet ...
(Spoiled Veruka Salt from Willy Wonka voice): I want a chocolate volcano now!! Lol
...I still don't get what harvest stuff has to do with NEW YEARS, anyway ...cornucopias from trolls, faeries or even zombie orphan elves shoulda appeared at THANKSGIVING! LMAO

Snowtiger333
12-27-15, 11:14 AM
I am at 686 fireworks, level 3 fountain, have 22 marble & 7 stone. Its now 1:14pm. At 9:53am (almost 3.5 hrs ago) i had 5 stone & 18 marble. Why cant i get stone?

ktorewqas
12-27-15, 12:28 PM
Just hit the 1400 fireworks, working on lvl 5 now, 17 marbles and 18 stones so far:cool:

katbtodd
12-27-15, 01:08 PM

They are toasting table,,the 4 price and thank you

midsom
12-27-15, 01:24 PM
Last individual prize is a 2x2 deco, Are you kidding me? There are several words I would use to describe it but sadly Spiritwind would need a dictionary to edit me

haha! I barely have room to swing the proverbial cat, let alone a 4x4 deco with all my non Christmas buildings.... Thanks for laugh though midsom! SW ;););););)

Someone shrunk it �� I went away for two hours and it shrunk, too scared to leave it now it may disappear

ktorewqas
12-27-15, 02:21 PM
The last one looks like an alien plant ;)

Snowtiger333
12-27-15, 02:43 PM
I am at 686 fireworks, level 3 fountain, have 22 marble & 7 stone. Its now 1:14pm. At 9:53am (almost 3.5 hrs ago) i had 5 stone & 18 marble. Why cant i get stone?

3.5 hours later: 713 fireworks. 26 marble, 9 stone with level 3 fountain. Wish we could trade for what we need, since most people have tons of stone & i have tons of stone but marble is rare. Since i am getting two stones per click, i need another 28 clicks to get the required 65. Yep not happening in time bc i have to work and i wont spend gems for decorations.

atiragram
12-27-15, 03:20 PM
I have more marble than stones too. And I'm way behind. But if it's all about a 4*4 deco, I won't invest much of my time and resources to catch up. Those community events definitely have seen better times.

meme1098
12-27-15, 03:25 PM
LOL, ok I can't resist (& you better laugh with me, lol!) but....

Check the first post; it's called the Toasting Table. LOL :p

Haha... Been gone for awhile or would've answered already...lol.
I guess I deserved that one...lol. That's what insomnia for 2 straight nights will do to ya.

twinkletoes12348
12-27-15, 05:42 PM

Believe me, I'd love to be wrong!

WANtez
12-27-15, 05:56 PM
5 days timer lol thanks

I might have missed it (and have not read the whole thread) but is it said somewhere what is needed to upgrade the Glimmer Fountain to level 5 within the 5 days time? It is also not in the first post.

mreames
12-27-15, 06:13 PM
I might have missed it (and have not read the whole thread) but is it said somewhere what is needed to upgrade the Glimmer Fountain to level 5 within the 5 days time? It is also not in the first post.

Actually, it is on the 1st page, 2nd post.

Level 5: 350/3 hrs | drops 11 fireworks | upgrade: 90 glimmer rock, 90 glimmer marble, 10 iron ore, 10 coal

cavegirl1
12-27-15, 06:45 PM
On the first page it say 1200 fireworks for the 4th individual prize but mine game says 1400 . Is this the same for anyone else? And if so, do you know how many for the last? And, no, I don't need decorations but always want to finish ��

mreames
12-27-15, 06:55 PM
On the first page it say 1200 fireworks for the 4th individual prize but mine game says 1400 . Is this the same for anyone else? And if so, do you know how many for the last? And, no, I don't need decorations but always want to finish ��

It's 1400 for me, too. But I don't know how many for the last.

cavegirl1
12-27-15, 08:00 PM

Thanks. Guess I'll find out in 328 fireworks time !

newzealander
12-27-15, 09:08 PM
It was 1400 for the 4th, and I just hit it, and it's showing 2200 for the last of the exciting (:confused:) overwhelmingly generous decorations.

cavegirl1
12-27-15, 10:23 PM
It was 1400 for the 4th, and I just hit it, and it's showing 2200 for the last of the exciting (:confused:) overwhelmingly generous decorations.

Thanks! Might be tempted to put away a couple of markets then. :-). That seems achievable

0neSilver
12-28-15, 12:12 AM
I am not getting any glimmer stone or marble from the fireworks case's that I open. Have checked it for the last 5 opens and only getting rockets! Not real happy. Anyone else having this happen to them and is there anything I can do to get it happening again?

biartiemgi
12-28-15, 01:14 AM
I am not getting any glimmer stone or marble from the fireworks case's that I open. Have checked it for the last 5 opens and only getting rockets! Not real happy. Anyone else having this happen to them and is there anything I can do to get it happening again?
I have exactly the same Problem .... Since i upgraded the glimmer fountain To stage 3 i noticed that i didn't get any glimmer stone or marble any more.... Maybe the fountain upgrade heas something To do with it?

SpiritWind00
12-28-15, 01:51 AM
I have exactly the same Problem .... Since i upgraded the glimmer fountain To stage 3 i noticed that i didn't get any glimmer stone or marble any more.... Maybe the fountain upgrade heas something To do with it?

The items inside the case boxes are random as are whether you get stone or marble. If you chop a few at a time you'll see that it only drops stone and marble from some of them (well that's my own experience:))

0neSilver
12-28-15, 02:53 AM
Will keep watching out for what I get. See if it changes.

biartiemgi
12-28-15, 03:24 AM
The items inside the case boxes are random as are whether you get stone or marble. If you chop a few at a time you'll see that it only drops stone and marble from some of them (well that's my own experience:))

I throught before stage 3 allmost every box gave stone or marble, after allmost none.... But maybe i need more and it takes longer, so it looks less :-(

rere123412345
12-28-15, 05:41 AM
This one is a bit boring. I will save up all my fireworks boxes for when I need them to go from level 4 to 5. should have a bunch, to make sure I get it in 5 days. I do not like having to get collect every 3 hours to try to get more stone and marble.....

scotslassuk
12-28-15, 07:46 AM
Have to say this is the most BORING quest to date!!! It doesn't matter how often am collecting my amount seems to hardly move!! I've still not collected the "fabulous balloon arch" (sarcasm folks ;-)! ) really am I the only one finding this tedious?? Apart from having more stone than marble it feels like collecting 65 of each is a never ending task!! Then off course we will need more for nxt lvl..........it's never ending and so boring. I think it would have been bareable had the prizes been better but they are out off context with the time off year but will no doubt have some connection to the story!! Oh well back to clicking.....good luck all ;-)

coolssp
12-28-15, 09:07 AM
Level 4 with 20 odd stone and 25 marbles and 1320 fireworks... Still a long way to go...

scotslassuk
12-28-15, 09:39 AM
Ok I've got 62stone 47marble is anyone else having this trouble?? How are we meant to complete when we have such a difference in items? I really am becoming downhearted with this quest! Any tips would be appreciated oh still stuck at lvl3 in case you haven't worked that out lol and am clicking every 3hrs when possible as I do have a life other than CS although I think S8 has forgotten to take that into consideration!!

meme1098
12-28-15, 10:27 AM
Ok I've got 62stone 47marble is anyone else having this trouble?? How are we meant to complete when we have such a difference in items? I really am becoming downhearted with this quest! Any tips would be appreciated oh still stuck at lvl3 in case you haven't worked that out lol and am clicking every 3hrs when possible as I do have a life other than CS although I think S8 has forgotten to take that into consideration!!

Yes...the disparity between marble & stone is ridiculous. I have 73 stone & only 57 marble. Level 4 is sure looking an awful long way down the road. And getting 90, was it?, for level 5... Just ugh is all I can say.

Community events have never been my favorite. They become tedious for me after just a few days.

QueenEverly
12-28-15, 11:25 AM
I have lobsided amounts of stones and marble too. I wish we had the ability to craft some of the supplies we need - I find just collecting every few hours to be a bit tedious. Normally I like these events but between the lack of actual tasks to complete and the deco-only rewards, I'm having a hard time drumming up enthusiasm.

I also wish we'd had more Holiday stuff - I hoarded my gems so I could splurge on Christmas trees and other festive stuff but we never had the chance to buy any. Although I did appreciate getting lots of snowmen and wreath lampposts in the gift boxes. They made my kingdom look rather lovely!

jessiefromshimerville
12-28-15, 01:54 PM
Why are we still able to gift ribbons? That event is over, right?

nuttynicky
12-28-15, 01:56 PM
Must say, after the disappointment of the last task, I'm really not fussed about this one. I'm playing to contribute to the community pot rather than playing for myself. I don't care if I complete it or not. I'm not collecting every few hours again over the Christmas holidays unless there's a particularly good (& achievable) prize at the end of it.

I guess I should thank the team for a good excuse for family time �� Fingers crossed for some good main storyline updates in the new year.

jessiefromshimerville
12-28-15, 02:09 PM
The problem is .... You don't know if a level 5 fountain is worth the effort. Greselda's fountain drops items so it sounds like this fountain should too after the event. When we were working toward destrier and rouncey it would have been nice to know what the drops were to make an intelligent decision on purchasing the second horse. So when the sir daisy event came out, I made sure to push for sir daisy . But that was a total flop. I purchased 45 horses for just coins which drop the exact same thing as sir daisy. We need consistency and worth while prizes to go with the effort involved

WindermereBakery
12-28-15, 03:42 PM
I am seriously having a senior moment. Was just looking at the first post to see how many fireworks drop from the level 4 fountain and saw this:

Level 4: 350/3 hrs | drops 6 glimmer drops, 1 fireworks case, 7 fireworks | upgrade: 65 glimmer marble, 65 glimmer stone, 10 glimmerdust, 20 water

Someone please tell me what a glimmer drop is. I don't remember seeing anything with that name in my inventory and it's not used to upgrade the fountain. I'm starting to think the stress is getting to me...

(edit) Oh yeah I'm losing it, it means stone or marble. sheesh! Too many events for me (/edit)

meme1098
12-28-15, 04:01 PM
The problem is .... You don't know if a level 5 fountain is worth the effort. Greselda's fountain drops items so it sounds like this fountain should too after the event. When we were working toward destiny and rouncey it would have been nice to know what the drops were to make an intelligent decision on purchasing the second horse. So when the sir daisy event came out, I made sure to push for sir daisy . But that was a total flop. I purchased 45 horses for just coins which drop the exact same thing as sir daisy. We need consistency and worth while prizes to go with the effort invovled

Greselda's Fountain is a beautiful, animated, decorative fountain but does not drop anything. It's pure deco, sorry.

jessiefromshimerville
12-28-15, 04:53 PM
Darn you are so right. No fountain has ever been more than deco. Totally depressed now

newzealander
12-28-15, 05:10 PM
I don't know if this has been said already, so apologies if it's just a repeat but....
...the "reward that will get you ahead" for levelling the fountain up from Level 4 to Level 5 within 5 days is just a Faerie Fireworks Case, and only gave me 15 fireworks. Given that the indivual prizes for the community event are all decorations, I wouldn't be busting my boiler to level up in a hurry if I was you. It's no great advantage.

meme1098
12-28-15, 05:42 PM
Darn you are so right. No fountain has ever been more than deco. Totally depressed now

Sorry about that.

tonyjosiah
12-28-15, 08:35 PM
Have to say this is the most BORING quest to date!!! It doesn't matter how often am collecting my amount seems to hardly move!! I've still not collected the "fabulous balloon arch" (sarcasm folks ;-)! ) really am I the only one finding this tedious?? Apart from having more stone than marble it feels like collecting 65 of each is a never ending task!! Then off course we will need more for nxt lvl..........it's never ending and so boring. I think it would have been bareable had the prizes been better but they are out off context with the time off year but will no doubt have some connection to the story!! Oh well back to clicking.....good luck all ;-) I concur. It's totally lame

wesley1218
12-29-15, 12:26 AM
Wanna know if level 5 building still drops firework case? If no, I think I will not upgrade to level 5 until the event ends as there may be chances for faerie case to drop magic fruit!

azriX2012
12-29-15, 03:04 AM
Wanna know if level 5 building still drops firework case? If no, I think I will not upgrade to level 5 until the event ends as there may be chances for faerie case to drop magic fruit!

Yes it continues to drop fireworks cases at level 5. It only stops dropping glimmer stones and marbles.

What a boring, tedious event.

WANtez
12-29-15, 08:23 AM
Actually, it is on the 1st page, 2nd post.

Level 5: 350/3 hrs | drops 11 fireworks | upgrade: 90 glimmer rock, 90 glimmer marble, 10 iron ore, 10 coal

Thanks, I was staying longer on level 3 to build a head start for getting th 90. Found out that there is a limit on 99 for both items, so the maximum stock that can be build up front is 34.

scotslassuk
12-29-15, 08:39 AM
So glad to see so many players agreeing with me on this quest!! It's BORING, TEDIOUS and NOT WORTH THE EFFORT!! After reading through all the posts it seems that even those who have finished (how they managed got no idea lol) agree its not worth the hassle!! Even after posting I now have 72stone 59marble!! Come on S8 your ****ing us with BOREDOM!! I am now resigned to the fact I will not finish this quest! I will continue to collect when I can be bothered simply for the community.......unless the next quest is mind-blowing I for one will not be starting it!! I am extremely bored with my kingdom right now and have noticed I've lost alot off nbrs over the Christmas period I can only hope this is not going to be the trend that ppl are so bored they are leaving!!! Time to take NOTICE S8!! Before its too late!!

tarheel219
12-29-15, 09:25 AM
Agree with all the people who are disappointed with the prizes and the event as a whole. This seems to be a trend that may stop me from keeping up with my community. I am a level 50 player who has expanded to about 90 percent. My goal was complete my expansion which would still take me about another year but if the events don't get better I am not sure I will care anymore. I used to buy gems but with what I am seeing I have stopped.

starcontrol
12-29-15, 10:05 AM
The thing that keeps me going when S8 does stupid and annoying stuff is shibuyacloth's unofficial goals. The thread for that is usually on the first or second page. It will keep you busy for a few years and give you something else to focus on instead of repetitive clicking for useless, anachronistic decor. S8's hit ratio has been going way down lately, but you still ocasionally get something wothwhile like the recent mystery dining table, so it is probably worth sticking around.

Jennerwein1
12-29-15, 06:30 PM
Zzzzz ... Someone wake me up when there is a worthwhile quest. Doing this one just because my quest book is empty. Still working on extensions, but that is about it.

h72g
12-30-15, 03:14 AM
I can understand, why people think this is a boring event, but I am totally happy with it:
With Christmas and New Year I have lots of better things to do and limited time to play, so a boring + long quest, which I might finish even if I play just in the mornings and evenings - and if I don't finish, it is not really a loss, because it is just useless decoration, but still, there is an event going on and a reason to play a bit after all. That is exactly what I needed at the moment :)
But I am also hoping for more interesting events in the new year :)

LadyJessicaAtreides
12-30-15, 05:41 AM
i need just 9 more stones but 38 marble to get to level 5! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

QueenEverly
12-30-15, 05:52 AM
I can understand, why people think this is a boring event, but I am totally happy with it:
With Christmas and New Year I have lots of better things to do and limited time to play, so a boring + long quest, which I might finish even if I play just in the mornings and evenings - and if I don't finish, it is not really a loss, because it is just useless decoration, but still, there is an event going on and a reason to play a bit after all. That is exactly what I needed at the moment :)

That's a great point and a very glass-half-full way to look at things. Thanks for the perspective!

meme1098
12-30-15, 06:55 AM
i need just 9 more stones but 38 marble to get to level 5! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Wow...that's 1 big discrepancy...:(

I'm at 17 marble & 35 stone for Level 5. I wasn't even going to upgrade to 4 because of the look but did it anyway since it will be in storage right away after the event. Level 5 is even less attractive in my opinion.

mreames
12-30-15, 08:02 AM
I agree on both accounts... I prefer level 3 over 4 or 5 and going to level 5 anyway because it'll go into storage.

I'm at 17 marble & 35 stone for Level 5. I wasn't even going to upgrade to 4 because of the look but did it anyway since it will be in storage right away after the event. Level 5 is even less attractive in my opinion.

Mylania
12-30-15, 02:01 PM

Is there a picture of Level 5 somewhere? Page 1 only goes to Level 4. The addition of the flower? water? alien? in the center ruined it imo anyway, but curious to see it. Still need 85 marble and 74 stones to get there, and not stressing at all about any of this quest, so may never see Level 5 except in forums.

ShibuyaCloth
12-30-15, 02:19 PM
New entry:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb448004.png_2v_31020.png
Glimmer Fountain L5
Info: A venue for the kingdom to celebrate the Glimmer Year! Drops Fireworks, Glimmer Stone, and Glimmer Marble.
Size: 3x3
Requirements: 90 Glimmer Marble, 90 Glimmer Stone, 10 Iron Ore, 10 Coal
Drops: Coins, Fireworks Case
Timer: 180 minutes // 3 hours

Only missing the two community prizes.

Mylania
12-30-15, 03:05 PM
Thank you ShibuyaCloth

rulerofjennyville
12-30-15, 03:31 PM
So glad to see so many players agreeing with me on this quest!! It's BORING, TEDIOUS and NOT WORTH THE EFFORT!! After reading through all the posts it seems that even those who have finished (how they managed got no idea lol) agree its not worth the hassle!! Even after posting I now have 72stone 59marble!! Come on S8 your ****ing us with BOREDOM!! I am now resigned to the fact I will not finish this quest! I will continue to collect when I can be bothered simply for the community.......unless the next quest is mind-blowing I for one will not be starting it!! I am extremely bored with my kingdom right now and have noticed I've lost alot off nbrs over the Christmas period I can only hope this is not going to be the trend that ppl are so bored they are leaving!!! Time to take NOTICE S8!! Before its too late!!

And yet I'm still clicking and collecting. At least I should have no trouble finishing it. I'm hoping the community prizes turn out to be something good, or the fountain turns into something good when it is all over. Maybe it will drop more than we think.

AnniePMH
12-30-15, 03:35 PM
It looks like a colorful vehicle for space-time travels, lol:confused: Sort of fits with the fireworks, and might be useful for New Year's celebrations, when my gnomes are leaving the Glimmer Woods at high speed:eek::p

lol, you are right:p
someone knows stephen hawking to explain this multi-dimensional-string-gate?:confused::rolleyes:
the gnomes went home through this...

Sadly have not been able to reach Mr. Hawking, but it goes like this: For gnomes to travel home by string, they have to be very very small indeed. Ok, gnomes are small, but now we're talking about Planck size here! Therefore they need to pass through the storage cellar, where items become infinitely small in size. From there they can go into the space-time flower warp speed string vehicle, and travel home. Where they come from is uncertain to me, maybe from California, maybe from other dimension:confused: Power supply by serial connected Faerie Fireworks. Hope it works, although not approved by registered particle physicist...:eek: Lift off at the New Year, lol:p

Edit: The cats and dogs will be stored, to protect them from the fireworks. Just hoping they won't decide to follow the gnomes out of Glimmer Woods...

riverly
12-30-15, 09:53 PM
Okay, I decided I liked the detail of the balloon arch, but I can't seem to make any sense of it in my kingdom. Everything just seems so hodge podge. Right now it is surrounded by potted shrubbery and flowering branches. How are these things supposed to be related? Oh well just making the best of things with what we are getting and trying to make sense out of this event-- not succeeding though. It's crazy. Oh and I also have a little confetti laying around. Say What??

ReinierMamaWouter
12-31-15, 01:38 AM
But I am also hoping for more interesting events in the new year :)

This is exactly how I am looking at this event as well. Between al the hecktic family stuff, it's a nice easy quest. One for which I don't feel bad when I forget to check the ipad when I wake up in the middle of the night.
Also hoping for more interesting events in 2016!

ShibuyaCloth
12-31-15, 02:07 AM

The cats and dogs will be stored, to protect them from the fireworks. Just hoping they won't decide to follow the gnomes out of Glimmer Woods...

Pffuuuu... you scared at me first, Happy to see/hear all animals are safe. With an army of gnomes it must be an easy task to put them in the multi-dimensional storage.

With all that fireworks, I am sure I can see it from my keep highest tower when it goes off. A couple of hour to wait :)

AnniePMH
12-31-15, 02:39 AM
Pffuuuu... you scared at me first, Happy to see/hear all animals are safe. With an army of gnomes it must be an easy task to put them in the multi-dimensional storage.

With all that fireworks, I am sure I can see it from my keep highest tower when it goes off. A couple of hour to wait :)

It goes off in 13 hrs and about 20 min, lol:)

ShibuyaCloth
12-31-15, 06:09 AM

I tune my glimmer-watch on mid-night Sweden time. I'll dive into my stock of fire crackers from the glimmer fountain. I have not fired any in days so my inventory should be quite well stocked. Kind of hoarding them :p

meme1098
12-31-15, 08:11 AM

I'll be heading up to the tallest tower in my Queendom to get a glance at the spectacle, Nat. :D

Will be watching in your direction too, Shibuyacloth.

Anaboe
12-31-15, 10:34 AM
Am I the only one whose ratio between Stone and Marble are very far off? I just upgraded to lvl 4, and have 2 Glimmer Stones, and 31 Glimmer Marbles. With the Stones and Marbles already spent, I got 122 Glimmer Stones, and 151 Glimmer Marbles, almost % more drops of Marbles than Stones...

2% may nog seem like much, but as you see, it gives very different numbers by the time you're at lvl 4...

And since a Stone costs 15 gems, and a Marble only 10, I guess it's set up like this...

ktorewqas
12-31-15, 11:26 AM
Only 2 hours to finish the lvl5 upgrade, I still have to collect 4 times at least so it will be expired. Lucky the prize is only a firework case. Happy New Year!

rulerofjennyville
12-31-15, 02:41 PM

Here we go. Community prize 2. It is a deco, and on the back it says "an offering of the year's hunts, in the troll tradition. Prize from the glimmer year event".

katbtodd
12-31-15, 02:45 PM

Here we go. Community prize 2. It is a deco, and on the back it says "an offering of the year's hunts, in the troll tradition. Prize from the glimmer year event".
We need more then just decoration we haven't got enough room for our buildings

rulerofjennyville
12-31-15, 02:49 PM
We need more then just decoration we haven't got enough room for our buildings

I was holding out hope for the final community prize to be more than deco, but I've lost that hope. Maybe the fountain will start giving off something good. I haven't even bothered to put any of it out. I don't think any part of this event will be more than deco, just like the weird Christmas event. There are 11 days left and I will keep being a team player and clicking on fireworks buildings but I've already moved on to my goddess tree. I want to make it turn pink already.

twinkletoes12348
12-31-15, 02:54 PM
BAH! I was right! Second community prize is an offering of the year's hunt, in troll tradition. Boo. I really wanted to be wrong.

Which means #3 will be the same, in faerie tradition, and also pure deco.

rulerofjennyville
12-31-15, 03:00 PM
BAH! I was right! Second community prize is an offering of the year's hunt, in troll tradition. Boo. I really wanted to be wrong.

So really the only hope is that the fountain will start to give off something good? Mine is almost at level 5. Otherwise back in storage it goes. Lady Pheffernot's visit ( however you spell it) gave off the best community prize - a dog and a cat that give off decent drops. And I have a grape vine fence that looks pretty nice - I don't have room for it yet but I am going to put it out. If it's going to be deco it should at least be something nice looking like the gold barron's tower or a pretty carriage.

They should at least give the fairy garden that gives off fairy murmers for the final community prize. It's been two competitions with a lot of clicking and mainly luck with little show. And I'm still annoyed I played till the bitter end and got no troll tokens for my effort during the Christmas challenge - just a lot of useless deco. Meanwhile some people got the tokens right away. It was all down to luck.

ShibuyaCloth
12-31-15, 04:28 PM
Community Prize:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701084.png_2v_31020.png
Glimmer Year Tribute
Info: An offering of the year's hunts, in the Troll tradition. Prize from the Glimmer Year event.
Size: 2x2

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-31-15, 05:19 PM

Yep, you win the guessing game!
Which means, so much for #2 being my chocolate volcano that drops chocolate... Phooey!

....and so now I'm making bets that you're right for #3, too.

I can't see why these "harvest offerings" (which have nothing whatsoever to do with New Years, whether it's in the tradition of humans, trolls, faeries, zombie orphan elves or animals in costumes, LOL) ... Why can't they drop a food item or whatever which is related to the human/troll/faerie harvests???
Our feedback of "please no more community events of ALL DECO prizes" have been passed over to the design team, time & time again...and yet, here we are again...
*le new year sigh*

Community Prize:

Glimmer Year Tribute
Info: An offering of the year's hunts, in the Troll tradition. Prize from the Glimmer Year event.

....and so..um..what kind of Troll Hunt offering *IS* that on top...a lil campfire-sized pile of sticks!?!! LOL

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-31-15, 05:26 PM
I'd join others & climb my tallest watch tower to see, too, except nothing happens when you bust those fireworks crates so I wouldn't hear or see anything, LOL

NO FIREWORKS GO OFF!?! Sheesh, it's not like the code doesn't already exist, since fireworks blast off every time my knights return with loot, LOL
What gives here, S8? Ball seriously dropped on that one and I'm not talking about the dropping ball that coincides with the NYE countdown, lol.

Queenzod
12-31-15, 07:15 PM
Community Prize:

Glimmer Year Tribute

What is this thing? I've rotated it all the way around, but it still looks like a pile of fur and poo.

twinkletoes12348
12-31-15, 07:44 PM
What is this thing? I've rotated it all the way around, but it still looks like a pile of fur and poo.

They're trolls, it is fur and poo. :D

dragoniakingdom
12-31-15, 07:50 PM

Been trying to work out what it is also.

Your description fits it perfectly:rolleyes:

Queenzod
12-31-15, 08:53 PM
They're trolls, it is fur and poo. :D

Just what I always wanted! How did they know? 💩

anurulz
12-31-15, 09:00 PM
Glimmer fountain is only deco as was expected??

BriarAvenue
12-31-15, 10:32 PM
Am I missing something, TL?
The upgrade from lvl 4 to lvl 5 is from 350 coins per 3 hrs. to 350 coins per 3 hrs.
So it means what got upgraded is just the graphic? Nice upgrade!

starcontrol
12-31-15, 10:49 PM
It also stops dropping all that pesky glimmer marble and glimmer stone once you do the last "upgrade".

LadyJessicaAtreides
12-31-15, 11:25 PM
the only good community goal/quests is 2014's Halloween. at least the community prizes has a function. the spooky tree and the cauldron! this one was just painstaking!

Queenzod
01-01-16, 01:05 AM
I'm wondering if it might be wiser to forgo the last reward and stay at level 4 until the last minute, in order to collect more marble and stone. It's only 15 fireworks, right? What are people doing? Upgrading to 5 or waiting?

ShibuyaCloth
01-01-16, 01:14 AM
I'm wondering if it might be wiser to forgo the last reward and stay at level 4 until the last minute, in order to collect more marble and stone. It's only 15 fireworks, right? What are people doing? Upgrading to 5 or waiting?

I am waiting until I hit the cap for the stone & marble, then upgrade. I will continue hitting the fountain until the end to get more cases. They are nice deco to play with.

starcontrol
01-01-16, 01:55 AM
That's what I did. with the caps at 99 it doesn't take long to max out after you hit the 90 needed for the upgrade. Definitely let the timed goal expire if you are not capped out. You've got 11 days to make up the 15 lost fireworks.

Queenzod
01-01-16, 02:18 AM
Thank you for the advice! Sounds good!

rulerofjennyville
01-01-16, 05:33 AM
the only good community goal/quests is 2014's Halloween. at least the community prizes has a function. the spooky tree and the cauldron! this one was just painstaking!

Lady Pfeffernot's vinyard estate had a good community prize - the dog and the cat. I know people who have the cabbage hut are sick of dogs and cats but a lot of us didn't have any and they give off drops like fur, rat's tails, and other goodies. I even got gems off them once. As for this challenge I finally got the fountain at level 5 and I beat the timer doing it. But all I got was a box of fireworks. My fountain still has a timer but so far is giving off fireworks. We'll see what happens once the contest ends. If it just gives off water and fish I may put it in storage. And it may not give off anything - the timer may just quit and it will become pure deco. I'm still unenthusiastically tapping for fireworks and I will towards the end but I would be surprised if the final community prize is worth anything. This challenge just seems to be a way for them to reuse random items they'd had in previous challenges. I don't see what half of them have to to with New Year's and except for the balloon arch they aren't even attractive. And the balloon arch looks out of place in my town.

rulerofjennyville
01-01-16, 05:36 AM
I'd join others & climb my tallest watch tower to see, too, except nothing happens when you bust those fireworks crates so I wouldn't hear or see anything, LOL

NO FIREWORKS GO OFF!?! Sheesh, it's not like the code doesn't already exist, since fireworks blast off every time my knights return with loot, LOL
What gives here, S8? Ball seriously dropped on that one and I'm not talking about the dropping ball that coincides with the NYE countdown, lol.

Actually a little Waterford crystal ball that dropped when you clicked on it would have been a cuter prize to upgrade than a fountain that does nothing at all.

AnniePMH
01-01-16, 08:00 AM
Lady Pfeffernot's vinyard estate had a good community prize - the dog and the cat. I know people who have the cabbage hut are sick of dogs and cats but a lot of us didn't have any and they give off drops like fur, rat's tails, and other goodies. I even got gems off them once. As for this challenge I finally got the fountain at level 5 and I beat the timer doing it. But all I got was a box of fireworks. My fountain still has a timer but so far is giving off fireworks. We'll see what happens once the contest ends. If it just gives off water and fish I may put it in storage. And it may not give off anything - the timer may just quit and it will become pure deco. I'm still unenthusiastically tapping for fireworks and I will towards the end but I would be surprised if the final community prize is worth anything. This challenge just seems to be a way for them to reuse random items they'd had in previous challenges. I don't see what half of them have to to with New Year's and except for the balloon arch they aren't even attractive. And the balloon arch looks out of place in my town.

If a cat or a dog dropped gems, it would be major news. Are you sure about that? Some of them drop jewels, but they've never dropped gems for me. I wish they had, though!:)

katbtodd
01-01-16, 08:05 AM
If a cat or a dog dropped gems, it would be major news. Are you sure about that? Some of them drop jewels, but they've never dropped gems for me. I wish they had, though!:)

Never a gem here either but jewels or silver along with the normal stuff

katbtodd
01-01-16, 08:07 AM
I was holding out hope for the final community prize to be more than deco, but I've lost that hope. Maybe the fountain will start giving off something good. I haven't even bothered to put any of it out. I don't think any part of this event will be more than deco, just like the weird Christmas event. There are 11 days left and I will keep being a team player and clicking on fireworks buildings but I've already moved on to my goddess tree. I want to make it turn pink already.
I'm still tapping all my fire work building too, in hopes the last prize,will be give us something it looks so cute.

rulerofjennyville
01-01-16, 08:20 AM

Yep. It wasn't that long ago. I got one from each of them and five from Sir Hammy. I was surprised, too.

lubok
01-01-16, 12:12 PM
Can anyone please tell me does the glimmer fountain continue dropping firework cases at level 5 ?

jessiefromshimerville
01-01-16, 12:48 PM
Yeah the Waterford crystal ball was pretty this year with the changing colors

Maj800
01-01-16, 12:58 PM
Can anyone please tell me does the glimmer fountain continue dropping firework cases at level 5 ?

Yes, it does. It continues to drop 1 firework, 1 firework case and 1 experience point.

jessiefromshimerville
01-01-16, 12:58 PM
Wow I put my dog and cat back out. Gems are really the big thing i care about. I am swimming in coins so for me it is a waste of energy to just collect coins now but if they drop gems it might be worth the effort

jessiefromshimerville
01-01-16, 01:01 PM
I really do try to reply to a thread but my replies do not always go where I think they should go. I don't understand what I am doing wrong

jessiefromshimerville
01-01-16, 01:04 PM
happy New Year everyone. Special thanks to Sidney Australia.. The fireworks were magnificent... Wish I was there!!!!! But we did get to see some of it on the news here in the US

lubok
01-01-16, 02:09 PM
Yes, it does. It continues to drop 1 firework, 1 firework case and 1 experience point.
Thanks a lot.

jaymieb2
01-01-16, 09:18 PM

The Castle Gardens fountain has random drops. I have received fish, different colored petals, water, mushrooms, glimmer dust, etc. It isn't earth shattering, but I made it to the end and that was my reward. Cheers!

greywagtail
01-02-16, 09:17 AM
Less expensive to speed up the fountain than to use gems to upgrade

rulerofjennyville
01-02-16, 01:33 PM
The Castle Gardens fountain has random drops. I have received fish, different colored petals, water, mushrooms, glimmer dust, etc. It isn't earth shattering, but I made it to the end and that was my reward. Cheers!

I'm still getting the glitter stone and rocks from it. Not sure why since it is now fully upgraded. But I am also getting the occasional bell drops so maybe they're just slow stopping those.

Sandybellee
01-03-16, 10:36 AM
Finished upgrading the fountain to level 5. I liked the looks of it a lot more on level 3, though... Hopefully it will drop something worthwhile eventually.

Destiel0918
01-03-16, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know if it will be possible to continue building the fountain after the event finishes? I don't have any experience with these things and might not finish in time

Don't try that. It will be possible, but you'll have to BUY glimmer stones/ blocks for gems ( it will cost ridiculously - THOUSANDS). If you have event going on - update on first opportunity. LEvel 5 things start dropping items later. If you don't upgrade your item to level 5 during event - it is WAY too expensive to update it later ( literally thousands GEMS per update). LEvel 5 items are more beautiful, give more money ( usualy 350) and often drop different items ( AFTER the event).

tarheel219
01-03-16, 12:15 PM
Finally got enough marble and stone to upgrade to a level 5 but I think I will hold off so I can collect extra marble and stone in case we need them in future events.

Sandybellee
01-03-16, 12:54 PM
Finally got enough marble and stone to upgrade to a level 5 but I think I will hold off so I can collect extra marble and stone in case we need them in future events.

That's what I did too! You can only have 99 of each so it doesn't take too long to collect the max number after reaching 90.

DrP4ever
01-04-16, 01:56 AM
Still on level 3, no way will I get enough to upgrade to level 5 if I can't get enough for 4. Boo.

Maj800
01-04-16, 06:53 AM

That's great to look forward to on the extra drops. I have had my fountain at level 5 since the first few days of the quest and have not had the extra drops. Perhaps they will happen soon. Ty!

Lyzau
01-04-16, 07:29 AM
That's great to look forward to on the extra drops. I have had my fountain at level 5 since the first few days of the quest and have not had the extra drops. Perhaps they will happen soon. Ty!

jaymieb2 is referring to the Castle Gardens, not to the current Glimmer Fountain. Since the Castle Gardens have drops, perhaps the Glimmer Fountain will have some too after the event. But I'm not holding my breath.

NorthWoodsKingdom
01-04-16, 09:55 AM

Never a gem here either but jewels or silver along with the normal stuff

Yep. It wasn't that long ago. I got one from each of them and five from Sir Hammy. I was surprised, too.
Jennyville ~ Which cat/dog(s) do you think gave you a gem & did the pet(s) come from the current re-release of dogs/cats in the Baron's tent??
I have at least one of every dog & cat that's been released and I, too, have gotten a jewel or piece of silver from some of them (in addition to the regular drops) but the only animals to *ever* occasionally give me any gems are the purple cow, dragons, Sir P and Sir H. Never any from either cat or dog. Sure it didn't drop elsewhere and you just *thought* it was coughed up by a kitty or puppy?
Sorry to seem like a naysayer here but I think I need some TL/S8 confirmation on gem-dropping pets, lol.
Care to check on that for verification, SW? :)

...and on a totally diff note (& *kinda* back on topic, LOL)...

...(edit)....I just dont understand S8's fascination with frozen fountains.......
LOL!! ...None of us can understand it, starcontrol, lol.
But, you & Silky Nat have inspired me to arrange a temporary photo-op demonstration of S8's fascination, not only with frozen & stagnant fountains (with the 1 exception of Greselda's), but also with pools, ponds and various other "frozen" water features, in general.
Hmmm... I think I could open a Water Wonderland Park, if I just had a log ride & maybe a curly-Q waterslide (don't get any bright ideas, S8, I don't *really* want any kind of kid pee-saturated water park ride, tyvm. LOL)

Watch out! Don't trip & drown, y'all! LMAO!
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27435&stc=1&d=1451926051 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27435&stc=1&d=1451926051)

*All water-related items are north of the stone wall, but even the Faerie Respite, south of it, has some fuchsia water running in it, lol. (One of the few COOL animated water features in the game!)

Did I miss anything, y'all? LOL

AnniePMH
01-04-16, 10:08 AM
But, you & Silky Nat have inspired me to arrange a temporary photo-op demonstration of S8's fascination, not only with frozen & stagnant fountains (with the 1 exception of Greselda's), but also with pools, ponds and various other "frozen" water features, in general.
Hmmm... I think I could open a Water Wonderland Park, if I just had a log ride & maybe a curly-Q waterslide (don't get any bright ideas, S8, I don't *really* want any kind of kid pee-saturated water park ride, tyvm. LOL)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27435&stc=1&d=1451926051 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27435&stc=1&d=1451926051)

*All water-related items are north of the stone wall, but even the Faerie Respite, south of it, has some fuchsia water running in it, lol. (One of the few COOL animated water features in the game!)

Beautiful, Captain! I remember a great pool party at your place, now we can have a skating, winter bath and sauna party, lol:p

ktorewqas
01-04-16, 11:18 AM
Jennyville ~ Which cat/dog(s) do you think gave you a gem & did the pet(s) come from the current re-release of dogs/cats in the Baron's tent??
I have at least one of every dog & cat that's been released and I, too, have gotten a jewel or piece of silver from some of them (in addition to the regular drops) but the only animals to *ever* occasionally give me any gems are the purple cow, dragons, Sir P and Sir H. Never any from either cat or dog. Sure it didn't drop elsewhere and you just *thought* it was coughed up by a kitty or puppy?
Sorry to seem like a naysayer here but I think I need some TL/S8 confirmation on gem-dropping pets, lol.

Did I miss anything, y'all? LOL Bravo! The ice princess sculptures look good beside the mermaid pond. :)

labsandboxers
01-04-16, 05:04 PM
I'm still steadily collecting. Not rushing for decorations that I'm going to store anyhow. You would have thought that S8 would have learned by now that we will spend gems on animation and items that gives back

mreames
01-04-16, 06:02 PM

That's a different fountain than the current one.
Edit: oops I forgot to turn the page to see if anyone else commented about being different fountains.

mreames
01-04-16, 06:08 PM
On another note... Finally done wth this event on both accounts. :)

rst345
01-04-16, 07:00 PM

Very clever; makes me sad I missed out on the Lorilei sculpture. Would still like to slowly roast over an open fire those creepy elf gnomes.

SpiritWind00
01-04-16, 07:40 PM
Hi all, a few days ago I sent through a request for confirmation about the post from jennyville regarding gems dropping from dogs and cats. S8 have confirmed that gems DO NOT drop from cats or dogs. maybe jennyville's queendom had a momentary glitch? no idea. :)

katbtodd
01-05-16, 05:33 AM
PHOTOS The Blythewood Faeries, Part 1
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?84455-Castle-Story-09-03-Update-The-Blythewood-Faeries-Part-1

Goals for The Usual Way (part A)
A1. A Closer Look
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A1.%20-%20Copy.jpg
A2. Better Consult An Expert
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A2%20-%20Copy.jpg
A3. Regal Ramifications
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A3%20-%20Copy.jpg
Inventory pic of Blythewood Tree
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A3a.%20-%20Copy.jpg
A4. Let's Try That Again
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A4.%20-%20Copy.jpg
A5. Necessary Measures
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A5.%20-%20Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A5a%20-%20Copy.jpg
A6. More than Meets the Eye
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A6.%20-%20Copy.jpg
A7. A Second Opinion
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/A7.%20-%20Copy.jpg

Goals for The Tabernum Connection (part B)
B1. It's About Time!
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B1.%20-%20Copy.jpg
Unlocked Faerie Sap at the Faerie Workshop
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B2.Faerie%20Sap%20-%20Copy.jpg
B2. Preedle of Blythewood
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B2.%20-%20Copy.jpg
B3. Magic Collaboration!
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B3.%20-%20Copy.jpg
Inventory pic of Faerie Bulb
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B3a%20-%20Copy.jpg
B4. Faerie Discontent
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B4.%20-%20Copy.jpg
Upgrade to Lv.2
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/b4b%20-%20Copy.jpg
B5. For Glimmer Or Blythe?
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B5.%20-%20Copy.jpg
Upgrade to Lv3
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/b5b%20-%20Copy.jpg
B6. Of Faeries And Humans
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B6.%20-%20Copy.jpg
Upgrade to Lv.4
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/b6b%20-%20Copy.jpg
B7. Pre-emptive Provisions
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/B7.%20-%20Copy.jpg
Upgrade to Lv.5
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/b7b%20-%20Copy.jpg
Inventory pic of Lv.5 Faerie Bulb
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/Blythewood%20Faeries%20Part%201/b7c%20-%20Copy.jpg
Wish you had all pictures posted of each level I'm making my second one , but there was one level I like better then 5 ans I can't remember , right now I have stopped at level 3 so please post all levels

riverly
01-05-16, 07:35 AM
On another note... Finally done wth this event on both accounts. :)im just curious. How many marketplaces did you have? I've got eight, but doing the math I don't think I will get to 2200 fireworks.

ShibuyaCloth
01-05-16, 09:42 AM
Speculating what the last community prize will be:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701085.png_2v_31020.png
Glimmer Year ??? - Community Prize 3
Info: Prize from the Glimmer Year event.

The bets are open until we have unlocked it.

sunnygirl634
01-05-16, 10:24 AM

I really hope that it drop mushrooms and other random items. If this is another decoration, I think we'll all go crazy.

twinkletoes12348
01-05-16, 10:27 AM

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701085.png_2v_31020.png
Glimmer Year ??? - Community Prize 3
Info: Prize from the Glimmer Year event.

I'm still betting that it's "an offering of the year's hunts, in the Faerie tradition", and therefore, deco just like the others.

EBJW
01-05-16, 10:28 AM

Gnomes are coming to visit the elves and this is their new home...?!

(just hoping, it's probably just another deco....)

(I certainly hope it will not be 3x3 ; too big, I won't place it then, although it's one of the few prizes of this event I like.....)

meme1098
01-05-16, 11:36 AM
I really hope that it drop mushrooms and other random items. If this is another decoration, I think we'll all go crazy.

From the look, you'd *think* it would drop mushrooms &/or flower petals.:rolleyes:
But I too do not hold out much hope that's it's gonna be anything other than another decoration.

ShibuyaCloth
01-05-16, 12:14 PM
From the look, you'd *think* it would drop mushrooms &/or flower petals.:rolleyes:
But I too do not hold out much hope that's it's gonna be anything other than another decoration.

We have quite a few items dropping petals and mushrooms, it will be as good as a pure deco. Well it will certainly end up in my inventory like all the rest and all other event items. The only event items that permanently survives on the board are both tables.

AnniePMH
01-05-16, 12:37 PM
We have quite a few items dropping petals and mushrooms, it will be as good as a pure deco. Well it will certainly end up in my inventory like all the rest and all other event items. The only event items that permanently survives on the board are both tables.

I might keep the space string flower transportation module out. Otherwise, the gnomes might not be able to return:eek::)

Dabag
01-05-16, 12:47 PM
Happy Glimmer Year! - photos of missing dialog provided by AnniePMH

OT: Are you excited for the turning of the Glimmer Year, Young Ruler?
Ruler: I sure am!
But, I don't know how to celebrate.
I don't remember any of my past traditions.
OT: Hmm, a troubling problem indeed.
I am sure we will think of something to do, though!
IVY: Well, why don't we make our own traditions?
This is a new kingdom, after all! It makes sense to have something all our own.
Ruler: That's true! Sure, why not?
Where do we start, though?
OT: I have a few scrolls on the matter that I think may help.
They detail the varied cultures of we Humans, the Trolls, and the Faeries.
Ruler: Yeah, that's a great place to start! I bet we'll find lots of ideas!
IVY: In the meantime, why don't we go ahead
and start preparing a place to celebrate?
No matter what we decide to do, we'll need place to do it!
Ruler: oh yeah, good point, Ivy.
OT: Well, I have plans in my archives for a public fountain.
Shall we use those as a starting point for construction?
As we learn more about Glimmer Year practices,
we can adapt our plans as needed.
Ruler: A fountain would be a great place for people to gather.
And it sounds like it's very adaptable to the different cultural traditions.
I like it! Let's get to work right away!

OT>Now, then, where did I put those plans? ...
1. A Celebration For All - build the Glimmer Fountain
A venue for the kingdom to celebrate the Glimmer Year!
OT>Ah, very good! What is next, Young Ruler?

OT: We are off to a good start, Young Ruler!
Ruler: You and Ivy had great ideas, Old Thomas.
I'm feeling much better about the Glimmer Year already!
IVY: Hooray! Good!
The Glimmer Year should be a time of festive cheer for everyone!
Ruler: So, now that we've got the fountain started,
how about those traditions?
OT: Ah, yes! So, according to my scrolls...
...Ahh... hmm... Oh, dear...
I thought I had them here in my sleeve...
IVY: You must've dropped them in the rush to get the fountain started.
We'll look around the construction site. I'm sure we can find them!

Ivy>That Old Thomas! Oh well, it wouldn't be a proper celebration without his forgetfulness, would it?
2. Do Your Research! Did he drop them near the construction site?
Maybe he lost them among other scrolls? Search the Libraries.
Ivy>Here they are! Let's go find Old Thomas!

IVY: The fountain sure is coming along nicely!
Ruler: It is, isn't it? Though, I'm kind of stuck on what we should do next...
IVY: Well, I looked ahead a bit in Old Thomas. scrolls?
I didn't read the details, but I saw that Faerie celebrations involve gardens!
Ruler: Oh? Well, that's easy enough to incorporate into the fountain!
IVY: I thought so, too!
It should be fine to skip ahead a little bit and start planting.
After all, it takes a while for flowers to grow.
Ruler: True. We'll need a head start if we want them to be ready for the celebration!
IVY: My thoughts exactly! Let's go ahead and start planting!

Ivy>Let's decorate the fountain with lots of flowers!
2B. Glimmer Garden - Flowers might attract Faeries to the kingdom!

OT: Ah, my scrolls! Thank you, thank you!
Ruler: Not a problem! What do they say about the Glimmer Year?
OT: Right, then. Let us see... Shall we begin with what's closest to home?
The traditions of many Human kingdoms focus upon the harvest.
The idea is you select the finest crops from the season's harvest?
...from which a large feast is prepared and shared with all the citizens.
IVY: I have a feeling that's not how the Baron celebrates the Glimmer Year!
Ruler: All the more reason to make sure we do it right!
IVY: I agree! Let's plant fresh crops, then donate the best of the harvest.
Ruler: Sounds like a plan! We'll take everything to the Market Places.
Most of our citizens do their business there.
I bet it'll be a nice surprise!

OT>Sharing our crops shows gratitude for the land.
We do this to ask for plentiful harvests next year!
3. Human Habits - You'll need Carrots to make stew!
A good harvest benefit's the whole kingdom!
Let's bring our offering to the citizens!
OT>Great work!

IVY: The people look like they really enjoyed that part of the celebration!
Ruler: That's good! The happier the kingdom is, the better!
Next up are the Trolls, right?
OT: Very good, Young Ruler! Yes, our next study covers the practices of the Trolls.
IVY: Ooo! I know some of this part! My sister told me a lot about it!
A lot of what the Trolls do is centered around hunting, all throughout the year.
The Glimmer Year is no different!
OT: Yes, exactly!
...Well, sort of. There is no hunt held for the Glimmer Year.
Rather, it is the one time of the year when the Trolls do not hunt!
IVY: Oh, right! Instead of actually hunting, they honor past hunts, right?
OT: That is correct.
They do this by offering the armaments and spoils of past hunts.
Ruler: So, they're really not much different from Humans, right?
Instead of seeking good fortune in harvests, they see it for their hunts.
OT: That is an excellent way of putting it, Young Ruler!
IVY: Well, we've definitely had quite a few good hunts this year!
I'm sure we can find lots of good stuff to offer as thanks!

OT>While we conduct the Troll portion of our celebration, we should also resume work on the fountain.
4. Troll Traditions - Creep Tooth (This represents the spoils of past hunts) ;
Longswords ( we also offer the tools used in those hunts)
Horse Hair (A token from the steeds who aid our hunts)
Maybe a centerpiece atop the fountain?
(congrats dialog to go here)

following dialog copied from photos provided by AnniePMH
Ruler: Hmm...
OT: What troubles you, Young Ruler?
Ruler: Well, the fountain does a great job paying homage to the Faeries...
...but I'm at a loss s to how to do the same for the Trolls.
OT: Ah, yes. I suppose it is rather difficult to incorporate hunting in a fountain.
Perhaps if we think further outside of the box?
What elements can we think of which relate to the hunt...
...but are not directly involved in hunting?
Ruler: Well, let's see...
Oh! Well, when there's a great big hunt, you have to leave for a while, right?
So, camping is sort of involved in hunting, right?
OT: Ah! Yes, splendid thinking, Young Ruler! I think I know just the thing.
We can affix fire pits at each corner, designed in Troll aesthetic.
Ruler: That's a great idea, Old Thomas!
It's the perfect way to pay tribute to the Trolls, and it'll keep visitors warm!
Glimmer Hearth

Ruler: Okay, so we've so far covered Human traditions and Troll traditions.
The Faerie traditions are all that's left, right?
OT: That is correct, Young Ruler! Faerie culture is covered in this final scroll!
Unlike Humans and Trolls, Glimmer Faeries are not concerned with yearly fortune.
Instead, their practices are centered around the lore of their birth.
Ruler: All that stuff with Lady Finverra, right?
OT: Yes! Lady Finverra is credited with creating the Faeries' home, the Plume Hive.
IVY: Oh! Oh! I know this part!
The Faeries honor Lady Finverra with the planting of a brand-new garden!
I'm... not really sure why, though?
OT: Not to worry, I have it all right here in my scrolls!
The planting of the Plume Hive provided a home for the Faeries.
The planting of a new garden provides a home for various forest creatures.
In this way, they honor Lady Finverra's fabled hospitality and generosity!
Ruler: That's definitely something I want to emulate with this kingdom!
IVY: I guess we know what to do, then!
Ruler: Yup! Let's go plant a fresh garden, just like the Faeries do!
Hopefully, our garden will become a home to new critters, too!
Faerie Festivities

OT: So, Young Ruler!
We have learned much about Faerie, Troll, and even our own Human customs.
Do you know how you would like to celebrate the Glimmer Year?
Ruler: I do! I think what we did this year was great.
I want this place to be a land where everyone feels welcome and accepted.
So let's make an effort each and every year to embrace everyone's practices!
OT: A wonderful notion, Young Ruler, and one that I will gladly support!
IVY: Me, too!
There's just one more thing we forgot, though?
Ruler: Oh, yeah? What's that, Ivy?
IVY: FIREWORKS!!!
Ring In With A Bang!

Final dialog or proclamation, if there is any, will go here

Dabag
01-05-16, 12:51 PM
Hi All

I have posted the Happy Glimmer Year! dialog here, hoping that you can help.

Knowing that I will not get any further in this questline than I already am, sucks.

Helping to Fill in the blanks would be appreciated.

thank you for whatever you can do
dabag

mreames
01-06-16, 03:20 AM
I had 5 marketplaces and 3 taverns on both accounts. I had 10 libraries and 1 jeweler on 2nd account but finished first. I had 4 libraries and 5 jewelers on this account. I already had the 10 libraries from collecting spell books to upgrade wizard schools.

im just curious. How many marketplaces did you have? I've got eight, but doing the math I don't think I will get to 2200 fireworks.

riverly
01-06-16, 06:52 AM
I had 5 marketplaces and 3 taverns on both accounts. I had 10 libraries and 1 jeweler on 2nd account but finished first. I had 4 libraries and 5 jewelers on this account. I already had the 10 libraries from collecting spell books to upgrade wizard schools.thanks for the reply. I thought I had enough to make it, but I think I missed a lot of collecting over the holidays. Not a big loss, but I kinda just wanted to finish what I started. It's a little weird that a person with a "normal" kingdom would not be able to finish this.

janddolphins
01-06-16, 09:57 AM
thanks for the reply. I thought I had enough to make it, but I think I missed a lot of collecting over the holidays. Not a big loss, but I kinda just wanted to finish what I started. It's a little weird that a person with a "normal" kingdom would not be able to finish this.

I wouldn't worry about it. My new philosophy is if I had a good time with my family over the holidays and vacations and didn't need to be glued to my phone all the time some human interaction did me well and that is what this time is for, this is just a game, I'm sure in a couple months I'll forget I lost the last deco completely lol

Now once we get some interesting goals again my philosophy might change but it feels nice taking a break from all my S8 games and playing only once or twice a day. It's become enjoyable again rather than stressful

Sandybellee
01-06-16, 11:08 AM
I finished collecting for the final individual prize earlier today. The fireworks added up surprisingly fast! I like the look of the glimmer year blossom so I'll try to find a place to display it properly even though it's only deco.
Good luck collecting, everyone!

mreames
01-06-16, 12:05 PM
thanks for the reply. I thought I had enough to make it, but I think I missed a lot of collecting over the holidays. Not a big loss, but I kinda just wanted to finish what I started. It's a little weird that a person with a "normal" kingdom would not be able to finish this.

Out of all of that I only built 2 extra jewelers. Everything else I already had. I didn't go crazy with timers or anything like I have in the past. Just collected when I thought about it and I wasn't worried about the last prize. The extra libraries on my 2nd account paid off better than the extra jewelers on this account. 2nd acct started off behind but finished 2 days earlier than this acct.

Jinc4
01-06-16, 12:53 PM
Out of all of that I only built 2 extra jewelers. Everything else I already had. I didn't go crazy with timers or anything like I have in the past. Just collected when I thought about it and I wasn't worried about the last prize. The extra libraries on my 2nd account paid off better than the extra jewelers on this account. 2nd acct started off behind but finished 2 days earlier than this acct.

a little off topic...but how do you cope with 2 accounts? I play my one account all day (and night if I wake up) - I just could not cope with two! Also the thought of going through all that work again to get to where I am....

mreames
01-06-16, 02:02 PM
a little off topic...but how do you cope with 2 accounts? I play my one account all day (and night if I wake up) - I just could not cope with two! Also the thought of going through all that work again to get to where I am....

One or the other always suffers. Lol but events like this, I usually just open both at the same time and collect from everything and be done. Both accounts are caught up on the storyline so it's really not as big of a deal as it used to be.
One is level 50 and the other is 47. They've taken their turns at being the primary focus. ;)

It originally started as a way to gift myself. Lol ;)

rulerofjennyville
01-06-16, 03:43 PM
I'm still betting that it's "an offering of the year's hunts, in the Faerie tradition", and therefore, deco just like the others.

I'll try to stay optimistic. The fountain does give off drops and it's possible they will be decent drops after the event ends. It will really annoy if the final community prize is just deco surely it will be something at least a little good. The middle prize is just weird looking and worthless.

rst345
01-06-16, 04:23 PM
I completed Glimmer Hearth goal yesterday within the 5 day timer. Fountain is functioning at Level 5; no more glimmer drops.but there is still no pop up of Ring in with a bang goal? Did I miss something? Final goal is not really important to me. Decorations are taking over my storage & having a party there. Still it seems odd. Wisdom from the forum please.

rulerofjennyville
01-06-16, 04:39 PM
I completed Glimmer Hearth goal yesterday within the 5 day timer. Fountain is functioning at Level 5; no more glimmer drops.but there is still no pop up of Ring in with a bang goal? Did I miss something? Final goal is not really important to me. Decorations are taking over my storage & having a party there. Still it seems odd. Wisdom from the forum please.

I'm at level 5 too. No other goal popped up for me, either - it just ended. I didn't know I was looking for one. I'm just trying to get the community prize and that weird blown glass statue.