PDA

View Full Version : Solved Holiday Spirit Goal Issues

pieandcream
12-15-15, 06:43 AM
Hi everyone! We are aware of two issues which are preventing players from progressing properly on the Holiday Spirit quest line.

If you are experiencing an issue with your mastery level of a recipe not updating for one of the following quests, please see below:

Holiday Spirit 4/16
Holiday Spirit 7/16
Holiday Spirit 9/16
Holiday Spirit 11/16
You will need to complete any other tasks within the quest, then force close and restart the app. As long as all other tasks are completed, this should auto-complete the quest for you and allow you to proceed in the quest line.

If you are experiencing an issue with one of the following recipes being locked in your game, please see below:

Egg Nog
Fruitcake
Lil Gingerbread House
Gingerbread
These recipes have now been unlocked. You may need to force close and restart your game to see the update. In order to learn the recipe, you will need to gather the ingredients. There is no coin cost and the learning process is instantaneous. There will still be a cooking time for further orders of these recipes.

the 4th goal is bugged for me. i reached thr artisan level and novice for each but its not counting O_O

Rynetory2
12-15-15, 06:47 AM
Can you restart game and see if it registers? Thanks.

pieandcream
12-15-15, 07:10 AM
Can you restart game and see if it registers? Thanks.

did that before i posted. didnt work :(

Rynetory2
12-15-15, 07:14 AM
Hmmmm this is strange...

Are you using the latest software and game version? What specific device and game version are you playing on?

pieandcream
12-15-15, 07:21 AM
Hmmmm this is strange...

Are you using the latest software and game version? What specific device and game version are you playing on?

using HTC phone, running android 5.0.2 and BS 2 version 1.4.1.

Rynetory2
12-15-15, 07:30 AM
i will flag this over to the team.

In the mean time, I'm not sure if you want to try cooking the nearest recipe again... Sorry this happened. :(

pieandcream
12-15-15, 07:36 AM

In the mean time, I'm not sure if you want to try cooking the nearest recipe again... Sorry this happened. :(

thanks for passing it on :)

no need to apologize XD, thanks for your help!!!

Rynetory2
12-15-15, 07:40 AM
Wish I can do more for you.. Thank you. :)

Sabriiinax4
12-15-15, 01:20 PM
I have a little problem with my game, I reach the Mastered level of Candy Canes but in my goal, it's still ''0/2'' on Reaching Artisan's Level. I have closed and restart the game but no change on my goal .. ?

Sabriiinax4
12-15-15, 01:32 PM
The same thing is happening to me, last version on a Samsbung Galaxy Tab. I have mastered candy canes but still ''0/2'' on the goal, even if I close and start the game

Carbuck
12-15-15, 02:15 PM
the 4th goal is bugged for me. i reached thr artisan level and novice for each but its not counting O_O

Same thing is happening to me. It counted for one now it doesn't count for any and I have satisfied both goals. So it is stuck there. I am using latest game version on iPad 2, IOS 9.2

Carbuck
12-15-15, 03:17 PM

Any idea when this problem will be fixed?

kooky panda
12-15-15, 03:24 PM
Any idea when this problem will be fixed?
They are currently looking into the issue.

pieandcream
12-15-15, 03:55 PM
seems like its been fixed. just checked and goal popped up as completed

Sabriiinax4
12-15-15, 04:15 PM
I close and restart the game .. not fixed on mine yet

Amberfoxx
12-15-15, 05:59 PM
I have a little problem with my game, I reach the Mastered level of Candy Canes but in my goal, it's still ''0/2'' on Reaching Artisan's Level. I have closed and restart the game but no change on my goal .. ?

I have the same problem... :( I finished this part of quest, but it is still 0/2 and 0/1 showing. I can not go further to next goal.

Carbuck
12-15-15, 06:15 PM
I close and restart the game .. not fixed on mine yet

Hi!

I just deleted the game and reinstalled it from the App Store. Now I am on to the 5th goal. Try doing that as well. I hope it works for you.

Carbuck
12-15-15, 06:17 PM
They are currently looking into the issue.

Thanks Kooky. I deleted and reinstalled the game. So I am good now. :)

Sabriiinax4
12-15-15, 06:46 PM
It worked, and later it come back at what it was (0/2 for the Candy canes I already mastered), so I'm trying to delete/reinstall the game again to see if it will work long enough for me to finish this goal and move to the next one

Rynetory2
12-15-15, 06:47 PM
I have the same problem... :( I finished this part of quest, but it is still 0/2 and 0/1 showing. I can not go further to next goal.

Can you try reinstalling your game? Thanks.

Carbuck
12-15-15, 07:31 PM
It worked, and later it come back at what it was (0/2 for the Candy canes I already mastered), so I'm trying to delete/reinstall the game again to see if it will work long enough for me to finish this goal and move to the next one

Yikes! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

SerenityRen20
12-15-15, 07:34 PM
I'm on the 4th goal and even though I had artisan leveled the candy canes it deleleted my checkmark. I later noviced leveled the drink and it wiped that checkmark out too. I have forced stopped my game and even cleared the cache on my android phone for the app and it still won't award the gingerbread. I read this happened to someone else.

Sabriiinax4
12-15-15, 07:38 PM
It works :) Thanks Carbuck !

Sabriiinax4
12-15-15, 07:40 PM
I had to delete and then reinstall the game for the check marks to finish the goal and move on to the next one

Rynetory2
12-15-15, 07:45 PM
I'm on the 4th goal and even though I had artisan leveled the candy canes it deleleted my checkmark. I later noviced leveled the drink and it wiped that checkmark out too. I have forced stopped my game and even cleared the cache on my android phone for the app and it still won't award the gingerbread. I read this happened to someone else.

Yes it did. Reinstall your game and it should work. Thanks.

SerenityRen20
12-15-15, 08:16 PM
Yes it did. Reinstall your game and it should work. Thanks.
It didn't work for me...thank you for trying.

Rynetory2
12-15-15, 08:21 PM
It didn't work for me...thank you for trying.

Oh no, sorry it didn't work for you. :( Can you post your device and game version in this thread? The team is looking into this. Thanks.

rendon83
12-15-15, 09:03 PM

Same here.=/

RatherRapidRain
12-15-15, 10:18 PM
Hey! Anyone else having problems with goal 4/16? It says to get candy canes to artisan level and and peppermint mocha frappe to novice level. I have completed the steps, and if I check it says they're at the proper levels but the goal won't progress/ complete and says I've done 0/1 for the mocha and 0/2 for the candy canes. I restarted the game AND my iPad but it won't move on.

Ebullientumbra
12-16-15, 12:07 AM
4th goal not completing. HTC one M8. Will try reinstalling.

violet0220
12-16-15, 12:46 AM
I'm stuck too. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. I'm using a Droid Turbo.

CammoAmmo
12-16-15, 04:58 AM
It seems to do this every time you have to master something. Got it on the 7th goal again :(

Najchi
12-16-15, 05:48 AM
I've stuck on 4/16. I have mastery of both dishes, but it won't let me pass to next one. Anyone has the same problem?

Najchi
12-16-15, 06:12 AM
Reinstalling did the trick. Thanks!

Ebullientumbra
12-16-15, 09:38 AM
Reinstalling worked for me. I just wish I would have noticed before mastering both lol. I WAS ahead of the players on the forums.

ampenn
12-16-15, 10:29 AM
Reinstalling worked for me. I just wish I would have noticed before mastering both lol. I WAS ahead of the players on the forums.

When you uninstall and reinstall did your game data stay?

cherrycolafreak
12-16-15, 11:19 AM
Is this going to be fixed?

I'm not going to delete the game & then download every time the goal asks to reach a level just so it will register for the goal.

We shouldn't have to do that.
Not everyone has free WiFi.

The game should just work.
For everyone.

So any word on when this will be fixed?

kooky panda
12-16-15, 11:26 AM
When you uninstall and reinstall did your game data stay?
Make sure you have a storm ID and password set up for your game.

Your games are saved on the storm 8 servers so your progress is safe!

FoxLys
12-16-15, 12:04 PM
Reinstalling did not fix it for me, just glitched my graphics.

ampenn
12-16-15, 01:04 PM
Make sure you have a storm ID and password set up for your game.

Your games are saved on the storm 8 servers so your progress is safe!

How do i know if i have an id for the game? I actually had to download bakery story 1 just to create this id then once created uninstalled it.

BEBEROS25
12-16-15, 01:19 PM
Same problem for me I tried everything even looked for an update and there are none.... I hope it gets fixed soon have already lost almost 2 days on this part of the mission I would really like to complete it before time is up

goldsilvercoin
12-16-15, 03:01 PM
I have the same exact problem

cherrycolafreak
12-16-15, 04:22 PM
Hello?!?

Had a check mark on one recipe.
Logged back into the game later & now its gone.
Should actually be done with this part of the goal.

I am stuck now.

cherrycolafreak
12-16-15, 04:29 PM
Stuck on the goals because they won't register what I've done.
It's on the 4/16 part.

kooky panda
12-16-15, 05:08 PM
How do i know if i have an id for the game? I actually had to download bakery story 1 just to create this id then once created uninstalled it.
In your game look under menu-help. You will see an area showing your storm ID and a place for a password.
If you forum name is your storm ID, then you have a storm ID and password for the game. It is the same as your forum user and password.

kooky panda
12-16-15, 05:20 PM
Stuck on the goals because they won't register what I've done.
It's on the 4/16 part.

For goal 4 and Goal 7- The team is still looking into this issue.
For now, deleting and redownloading the game should allow you to complete the goals.

nancydrew88
12-17-15, 12:30 AM
Same with me...I mastered it but it's not registering

tuffyjkitten
12-17-15, 09:31 AM
Still not working....mastered the candy cane part yesterday and collected the last peppermint mocha this morning. It checked that off but reset candy cane to zero. I force closed and reopened and now both say zero.

Sorry but shouldn't have to waste my data plan reinstalling a game I already have because of something that should have been fixed by now.

kooky panda
12-17-15, 10:03 AM
For those that the reinstalling did not help. What specific device do you play on?

FrozenTurtle
12-17-15, 10:57 AM
Hey all, this should be fixed now! Please force-close and restart your game and your quests should auto-complete if you fulfill the requirements. Sorry again, and let me know if any issues persist!

cherrycolafreak
12-17-15, 12:36 PM
It's still not working for me.
I forced closed two times now.
Still stuck on the 4/16 part.

tuffyjkitten
12-17-15, 01:00 PM
Same for me. Force closed twice and still showing step 4 as not completed.

LonePudding
12-17-15, 02:43 PM
I forgot to say this yesterday, a quick reinstall solved this for me.

Carbuck
12-17-15, 02:57 PM
I reinstalled game again and a check mark showed for mastering candy canes. Now I've come back to the game and the checkmark is not there. This event is not fixed. I am not about to aggravate myself by constantly deleting and reinstalling the game. I plan to wait until I have satisfied all goals by the designations indicated on the recipe in the respective stove before I delete and reinstall.

kooky panda
12-17-15, 03:30 PM
I will let them know that some games are still not fixed.

ChrisLenard
12-17-15, 08:58 PM
What is this? Seriously? HAHAHAHAHA. Bugs as always. Kindly FIX. :p :p http://i64.tinypic.com/24mapfc.png http://i67.tinypic.com/2yx52rp.png

Rynetory2
12-18-15, 05:07 AM
Can you restart your game and see if your goal registers your mastery level? If it doesn't, pls post your device and game version that you are using. Thanks.

juliet12321
12-18-15, 06:51 AM
Same thing here too! I have mastered all the peppermint ones but it is showing I haven't done them in the goals.

Rynetory2
12-18-15, 06:56 AM
Same thing here too! I have mastered all the peppermint ones but it is showing I haven't done them in the goals.

Can you try this? Thanks.

Can you restart your game and see if your goal registers your mastery level? If it doesn't, pls post your device and game version that you are using. Thanks.

supeRTeenie
12-18-15, 07:27 AM
i have a the same problem but in 2/16.
reinstall didn't help. i play on a huawei ascend mate 7, android 5.1.1

Rynetory2
12-18-15, 07:43 AM
Thanks you for your feedback. I'll update the team on your device and version. Sorry about this. :(

supeRTeenie
12-18-15, 09:17 AM
it worked now.

cherrycolafreak
12-18-15, 09:23 AM
This is ridiculous.
Why hasn't this been fixed, yet?

I am on an android.
I just did the update for the game last week so I am up to date on it.

And I just went to Google play store & it says I am up to date on it.

We are losing out on time on this.
I hope it is extended.

teagal
12-18-15, 11:09 AM
What is this? Seriously? HAHAHAHAHA. Bugs as always. Kindly FIX. :p :p http://i64.tinypic.com/24mapfc.png http://i67.tinypic.com/2yx52rp.png

This is my problem also. I play on iPad2, totally up to date, I have deleted and reinstalled this game 5 times now. Running out of patience.

tuffyjkitten
12-18-15, 11:21 AM
Not wasting my data plan by reinstalling as it doesn't seem to fix the problem anyways. I don't understand why it even is a problem....it's not the first time anyone there coded goals like this, they are concurrent with the event in RS2!

I've missed an entire day so far....I see others have missed several days. We need the time back.

cherrycolafreak
12-18-15, 03:05 PM
I looked at the comments at Google play store & there are many complaints about not being able to do the Christmas goals. Does anyone from storm8 bother to check them out?

I also play RS2 & haven't had any problems with progressing in the goals that they have given us in that game.

P.s. ---- still can't do the goals due to the problems not being fixed.
But now its Friday.
I'm guessing they won't bother with this until Monday?

If anyone from storm8 reads this, please extend the time on these goals once the problem gets fixed.
Please.

tuffyjkitten
12-18-15, 05:15 PM
I sent a PM to Frozen Turtle yesterday and have not had a response. Looks like my response will be deleting this game.

juliet12321
12-18-15, 09:39 PM
Can you try this? Thanks.

I did try that already. All I know is that my tablet is a Lenovo.

tuffyjkitten
12-18-15, 10:07 PM
Well for no apparent reason my step 4 popped up as complete just now. When I opened the game it was still stuck but then after collecting the goal for hungry babies it popped up. Yay I am making gingerbread now!

amuletmoon
12-18-15, 11:21 PM
I have the same issue on my iPhone 5.

Rynetory2
12-18-15, 11:36 PM
I did try that already. All I know is that my tablet is a Lenovo.

I have the same issue on my iPhone 5.

I am very sorry about this. At this time I dont have any solution for this until further advise from the team.. Maybe you try what tuffykitten did? It worked for her.

Well for no apparent reason my step 4 popped up as complete just now. When I opened the game it was still stuck but then after collecting the goal for hungry babies it popped up. Yay I am making gingerbread now!

Thanks sweetie for sharing this! I am very surprised it got through, very happy for you! Happy cooking!

amuletmoon
12-18-15, 11:38 PM
I completed the goal for Hungry Babies and still haven't gotten my 4th goal to go through. :(

ETA: Okay well I closed the game again and came back, and now it's working.

Rynetory2
12-18-15, 11:41 PM
I completed the goal for Hungry Babies and still haven't gotten my 4th goal to go through. :(

ETA: Okay well I closed the game again and came back, and now it's working.

Oh boy I am so glad it worked for you too! :D

Anniemon89
12-19-15, 04:49 AM
Thought I'd let you know that I'm having the same issue too re levels of candy canes and the frappe - on an iPad 2 everything updated :S

Anniemon89
12-19-15, 05:48 AM
Thought I'd let you know that I'm having the same issue too re levels of candy canes and the frappe - on an iPad 2 everything updated :S

Update: all seems to be working now; installed the hungry babies haha :)

Carbuck
12-19-15, 08:06 AM
Mine was working after I got gems from playing Hungry Babies. All earned check marks appeared. I woke up this morning and it's back to no check marks for the goals I achieved. I have one more gingerbread to make to achieve all the goals for 7. Then I will reinstall so that I can go on to 8. Using iPad with latest IOS and game version.

cherrycolafreak
12-19-15, 09:22 AM
Just to let the invisible people at storm8 know that I AM STILL STUCK!!!

I didn't get a goal for this hungry babies game which seems to be helping people move forward for these goals.

Maybe this is why everyone should get goals for new games?!?

p.s. ---- I am still stuck.

Anniemon89
12-19-15, 05:46 PM
Hello... It's me (again) :P

Just like Carbuck the same thing happened to me; signed back on this morning and they were unchecked again :(

catloverchibi
12-19-15, 06:22 PM
I had exactly the same problem as others (stuck at #4); however, I was able to fix it by deleting the data, uninstalling the game, and reinstalling the game. Not only I am now onto the Gingerbread, but also a new quest has showed up.

SerenityRen20
12-19-15, 06:51 PM
Oh no, sorry it didn't work for you. :( Can you post your device and game version in this thread? The team is looking into this. Thanks.

In the 1st thread I mentioned I had to delete my game two days in a row for the 4th goal to register and go to 5. When I reached the 7th goal everything reset to no check marks even when I mastered. I play on an LG Stylo (android) and have 1.4.1 of the game. I have just worked on the goals and will delete the game when done (thankfully my gems & food are kept since I registered). I will update if it works again and I reach goal 8.

jeannieg3
12-19-15, 10:23 PM
Im stuck on step 4 as well....completed the peppermint frappe and didnt register the candy cane and i exited out and went back in the game and now i have to start over..its like it deleted all the frappes i made :(

Uvraz1
12-20-15, 08:31 AM
I am getting very frustrated with this "Holiday Spirit" task. I make the necessary items over and over, but nothing registers. It happened to me on 4/16 and now on 7/16.

tuffyjkitten
12-20-15, 07:19 PM
Same here. My step 7 is screwed up now. I mastered candy canes earlier today and now it says 0/3 towards mastery on it. You guys said this was fixed days ago and it clearly isn't. Get your act together!!

lsloman
12-21-15, 06:38 AM
I was stuck on goal 4 and now I'm stuck on goal number 7 as well. Is there an eta on a fix?

candycoble
12-21-15, 11:11 AM
I'm having the same problem I have mastered candy canes and it's not registered I play on iPad

cherrycolafreak
12-21-15, 11:35 AM
Is this ever going to be fixed?

tuffyjkitten
12-21-15, 12:03 PM
Is this ever going to be fixed?

I doubt it. My candy canes registered as complete briefly just now but it's gone again.

BellasHouse1
12-21-15, 03:04 PM
My 7/16 is also messed up...they have been complete for several days now but still nothing. Hoping fully mastering the other 2 will trigger it? I already reinstalled the game, which only made my progress show nothing compared to at least 1/2 for one of them before that.

Citygirl_xx
12-21-15, 03:27 PM
Same happening over here! I achieved the goals but it won't let me get further :-(

pinkpanther8116
12-21-15, 03:32 PM
My number seven is not registering for me. Usually resets when I restart tablet but not this time.

FrozenTurtle
12-21-15, 03:40 PM
Can you guys let us know if cooking another serving of a required mastery dish helps the goal recognize your progress?

konxita
12-21-15, 04:21 PM
I have the same problem. And it's not a specific level. I'm on different level, on my phone and on my tablet, and both stopped registering. Please fix it.

sally_brown
12-21-15, 05:49 PM
Can you guys let us know if cooking another serving of a required mastery dish helps the goal recognize your progress?It's not for me (Samsung S6), and I'm on part 7.

I'm wondering whether anything I make now will register once the bug is fixed, or if not.

cherrycolafreak
12-21-15, 06:20 PM
Can you guys let us know if cooking another serving of a required mastery dish helps the goal recognize your progress?

Did it and it did nothing.
Why can't it just be fixed?

The problem isn't on our end.
Someone on your end messed up on the programming.

If I messed up something at my job, I fix it.
Otherwise, I get fired.

jaymes0412
12-21-15, 08:23 PM
Goal #4 issue reaching Novice level of Peppermint Mocha!

bluefoxcrystal
12-21-15, 09:31 PM
K, I have no idea what happened but how to fix this...

And I don't think I've been the only one affected.... :(

Citygirl_xx
12-21-15, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately not

zier_29
12-21-15, 10:50 PM
try to install the game again... it work for me.

violet0220
12-21-15, 11:55 PM
I'm on 9/16 and it happened to me too... And with the gingerbread men and the peppermint mochas! Sooooooo frustrated!

violet0220
12-22-15, 12:04 AM
Now I'm having this problem on 9/16! And yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it doesn't help. I guess I'll just have to master them all and then uninstall/reinstall and hope that I get credit for all of them at once so I can move on. 😕

seesters
12-22-15, 03:51 AM
Same here...??

SerenityRen20
12-22-15, 06:35 AM
Now I'm having this problem on 9/16! And yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it doesn't help. I guess I'll just have to master them all and then uninstall/reinstall and hope that I get credit for all of them at once so I can move on. 😕 The game has reset on levels 4, 7, and 9 for me. What consistently works for me is I wait until I have done all 3 goals for the level. Please make sure you have done nessary steps to register gameso your items are saved (if someone has the link, please reply) I force stop then uninstall the game. (I have made sure to be on wifi to avoid burning data) On the reinstall I am given the next level- I'm currently on 10.

violet0220
12-22-15, 06:41 AM
And now that I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game in hopes for it to fix this issue, I lost my consecutive days of the "daily bread"!!!! GRRR I've PAID MONEY for gems on this game too. So frustrating!!!! 😠

SerenityRen20
12-22-15, 06:48 AM
If any developers are reading, as feedback please consider adding some extra time to thise event since it has been so unstable. This event started out really gem heavy, and if you bought gems like I did, it would be extremely disappointing if glitches that affected a lot of players slowed you down. It took me a while to find a work around, and I don't have consumer confidence to just pour more money into this event, possibly even this game. Thank you for new content and hopefully some consideration on this.

SerenityRen20
12-22-15, 06:51 AM
And now that I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game in hopes for it to fix this issue, I lost my consecutive days of the "daily bread"!!!! GRRR I've PAID MONEY for gems on this game too. So frustrating!!!! 😠 oh no! It's bought back all food and gems on my re-installs, so I hate that this happened to you. I will go back and mention there is some type of registration so that team lava has your settings, I believe another post in the main game thead had how to do that

FrozenTurtle
12-22-15, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone, we've just added a fix for this which will auto-complete your goal if you have fulfilled all tasks of that goal. You will not see the reward dialog, but you will receive the reward and be able to progress to the next quest. Once you have completed all other tasks of the goal and you know you have fulfilled the mastery requirements as well, please force close your game and restart. Your progress will be moved to the next quest.

salemjada
12-22-15, 08:10 PM
I got to part 11 and now my egg nog is locked even though I made one for part 10 tried uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work what now?

Solenas84
12-22-15, 08:33 PM
Keep having problems with the quest. First it wouldn't move on to the next quest even though I met all the requirements. Now I need to make the eggnog but it says it is locked even though I completed the 9th holiday spirit quest

marylou15
12-22-15, 09:10 PM
I have the same issue with the fruitcake. I done the same.. uninstalling, reinstalling as well as turning my device off and on.. Fruitcake is locked again, I even have 1 fruitcake in my shop right now. Please fix and thank you.

I play on acer android tablet.

cherrycolafreak
12-22-15, 10:41 PM
So after being stuck on part 4, I was finally able to move on to part 5.
Then on to 6. After unlocking the gingerbread on the mixer & making it, it became locked again.
But I was still waiting on 1 more cookie cutter from jenny so I could make gingerbread cookies.

After waiting 3 hours on jenny, I was able to make the cookies. I then used the quick serve & then part 7 popped up.
Since I mastered the canes & peppermint mocha days ago, there were check marks on the tasks.
But i still had to cook more gingerbread cookies but the gingerbread was locked on the mixer.
So I leave the game & force close it... open it back up & the gingerbread is still locked up AND..... the check marks are now gone on the other tasks!!!
Forced closed again & again but it's not doing anything!

So now I'm back to being stuck!
Obviously, the problem isn't truly being fixed.

It's like you're just putting tape on a leaky pipe but then the tape comes off after a while.
Not a fix!

Is the regular team that fixes games on vacation?
I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed?!

You would think more attention would be put on this since it is a new game.

mscupcakefaerie
12-22-15, 11:06 PM
I completed goal 8, and at goal 9 now but the fruitcake still locked. I uninstalled and reinstall the app but it still locked. I need to bake fruitcake to pass goal 9. Please help ! !

Citygirl_xx
12-23-15, 12:17 AM
Bug fixed, thank you!!

Citygirl_xx
12-23-15, 01:03 AM
Oh no! Fruit cake keeps on being locked!!

Cafeaulait7777
12-23-15, 05:43 AM
Having completed all goals to get the fruit cake when the next set of goals came up to do discovered fruit cake locked again tried coming out of game and going back into the game still locked what can I do please Happy Christmas all

bethjoy20
12-23-15, 06:22 AM
I'm having the same problem with the fruitcake being locked after I've already made one. I play on Android. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling since that fixed the other bugs, but didn't fix this one.

LadyRe76
12-23-15, 07:31 AM
I finished part four, after being stuck from the game not registering my progress, and the gingerbread has not unlocked on my mixer. Tried leaving the game, uninstalling and reinstalling it, and still no dice. The gingerbread is still locked. I can't make the gingerbread men to complete part seven. And now it's not showing that I mastered Candy Canes. I really like this goal, but might have to abandon it because of all the glitches. Any suggestions? Thanks. ☺

werser
12-23-15, 08:06 AM
I'm currently on 6/16 after big stuck on 4 with the bug previously for a few days. The gingerbread was unlocked but once I finished 5/16 it locked again and now I can't do 6/16. Can u please unlock for me.

Ive tried the usual restart clear cache and data and on latest version etc but to no avail. I've got a Samsung s5 and on latest firmware too.

Please help

pinkpanther8116
12-23-15, 09:24 AM
I am on part 9 and all progress I made is gone. What is going on? Here's a friendly suggestion ... Stop adding new games.

kgp70282
12-23-15, 10:04 AM
I deleted and reinstalled still locked

Sabriiinax4
12-23-15, 11:06 AM
My gingerbread house is now locked, even if in my other oven there is one baking. Please do something to fix this bug as this recipe is longer than the other !

jewelfang
12-23-15, 11:56 AM
I've come across this issue now. My eggnog is still locked even though I am well past the first step to unlock it, and I've made a few of them. It locked yesterday, and no amount of force closing and re-opening is fixing it. What do I do? Am I just screwed and cannot complete the quest after putting a ton of time into it this far??

candycoble
12-23-15, 11:58 AM
Now I'm stuck on 7 I'm about to give up on this game and delete it

kgp70282
12-23-15, 11:59 AM
I've come across this issue now. My eggnog is still locked even though I am well past the first step to unlock it, and I've made a few of them. It locked yesterday, and no amount of force closing and re-opening is fixing it. What do I do? Am I just screwed and cannot complete the quest after putting a ton of time into it this far??

I'm having the same issue

Sabriiinax4
12-23-15, 12:03 PM
They tried to correct the check marks bug but they create another issue instead.

strawberries957
12-23-15, 12:04 PM
I'm having a similar issue. I have unlocked the gingerbread goal of the holiday spirit saga, but it won't let me make any of the gingerbread. I tried paying gems to see if it was just something that as go g on with the goal, but even on the next one it was telling me that making gingerbread was a locked goal.

jewelfang
12-23-15, 12:10 PM
To be clear,I'm on step 11, and egnot unlocks on step 10, yet is has suddenly locked on me (When I click on it, it says locked by 9/16, even though I'm on 11/16. I've uninstalled twice, no luck fixing this issue.

candycoble
12-23-15, 12:11 PM
Oh great now the gingerbread isn't unlocked on mixer

FrozenTurtle
12-23-15, 12:24 PM
Sorry for the continued issue! Our team is looking into the issue with recipes still being locked and preventing progress on some of the quests.

FrozenTurtle
12-23-15, 12:24 PM
Sorry for the continued issue! Our team is looking into the issue with recipes still being locked and preventing progress on some of the quests.

Sorry!

cherrycolafreak
12-23-15, 12:51 PM
FrozenTurtle, can you please also pass along the message that we will need the time extended on this event since it's been messed up for quite some time now?

Especially for those of us who have been stuck on part 4.

I don't think that's asking for too much. Plus, it's only fair & there are legitimate reasons.

Thank you.

Carbuck
12-23-15, 03:03 PM
FrozenTurtle, can you please also pass along the message that we will need the time extended on this event since it's been messed up for quite some time now?

I don't think that's asking for too much. Plus, it's only fair & there are legitimate reasons.

Thank you.

I also feel the same as you. I am deleting and reinstalling as we speak in hopes of unlocking the next level. I am trying not to be so frustrated that I will quit the game all together. This has been the most difficult event to play in comparison to events on other Storm8 games.

seesters
12-23-15, 03:41 PM
This new version is obviously not ready! I too am getting fed up with having to uninstall, reinstall and keep my fingers crossed. I am ready to give up on the gingerbread house goals. If we cannot make headway why bother? We're losing time,effort, and patience. The costs are waaaaayyy to high.

Citygirl_xx
12-23-15, 03:43 PM
Fruit cake keeps on being locked too.

FrozenTurtle
12-23-15, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone! We are aware of two issues which are preventing players from progressing properly on the Holiday Spirit quest line.

If you are experiencing an issue with your mastery level of a recipe not updating for one of the following quests, please see below:

Holiday Spirit 4/16
Holiday Spirit 7/16
Holiday Spirit 9/16
Holiday Spirit 11/16
You will need to complete any other tasks within the quest, then force close and restart the app. As long as all other tasks are completed, this should auto-complete the quest for you and allow you to proceed in the quest line.

If you are experiencing an issue with one of the following recipes being locked in your game, please see below:

Egg Nog
Fruitcake
Lil Gingerbread House
Gingerbread
These recipes have now been unlocked. You may need to force close and restart your game to see the update. In order to learn the recipe, you will need to gather the ingredients. There is no coin cost and the learning process is instantaneous. There will still be a cooking time for further orders of these recipes.

cherrycolafreak
12-23-15, 05:24 PM

Thank you.

FrozenTurtle
12-23-15, 05:32 PM

Thank you.

I've shared your feedback, but it will be up to the game team to decide this

kgp70282
12-23-15, 06:08 PM
I'm giving up on this goal this is redic

LadyRe76
12-23-15, 06:34 PM
Okay. Now I can make the gingerbread, but it's still saying I haven't mastered Candy Canes. Which I have. Is there a permanent fix for this?

srg70
12-23-15, 08:12 PM
Since the changes tonight I've lost a counter with 20k plus of peanut butter balls. I had to start a new counter when needing to serve some more. I've just gone back into my game and the new counter I served the peanut butter balls has gone!!:mad: I've got more waiting to be served but I don't want to put them on a counter for fear of them vanishing!!
It's taken a long time to get 20k plus peanut butter balls not to mention the profit I will have lost on them.

Can you please restore these for me?

Rynetory2
12-23-15, 08:29 PM
Since the changes tonight I've lost a counter with 20k plus of peanut butter balls. I had to start a new counter when needing to serve some more. I've just gone back into my game and the new counter I served the peanut butter balls has gone!!:mad: I've got more waiting to be served but I don't want to put them on a counter for fear of them vanishing!!
It's taken a long time to get 20k plus peanut butter balls not to mention the profit I will have lost on them.

This could be a syn error. Please force close your game when you are not playing and start the game afresh when you are. Try force close and see if your servings are returned. If not, pls send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Thanks.

bethjoy20
12-23-15, 09:33 PM
Thank you! Happy to see the fruitcake unlocked and free to re-learn tonight. :-)

tuffyjkitten
12-23-15, 10:15 PM
Making the last gingerbread on step 7 now. All the recipes that follow are unlocked for me already, I even made a fruitcake but haven't collected it yet. Waiting to see what happens when I have finished that step and force closed...will I still be stuck? Neither candy canes or peppermint mocha frappe are showing as completed though they are.

Collected last gingerbread just now and did have to force close to get step 7 to register. Also had to force close to get step 8 to register.

candycoble
12-24-15, 02:47 PM
I give up the event is a lost cause never will finish it cause game is so messed up

Simdiva
12-28-15, 02:08 AM
I have an issue with way t ok many cookie cutters, can someone please delete them for me as I don't need them and they are clogging my pantry. I have about sixty! Other than that that things going fairly smooth, I'm making good progress on the houses but need more spice

kooky panda
12-28-15, 10:04 AM
I have an issue with way t ok many cookie cutters, can someone please delete them for me as I don't need them and they are clogging my pantry. I have about sixty! Other than that that things going fairly smooth, I'm making good progress on the houses but need more spice
Cookie cutters do not count towards your storage space.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87633-Can-t-delete-cookie-cutters-from-the-pantry

jaybay881
12-28-15, 04:03 PM

I've had this same problem!! had 25k of peanut butter balls only to have them all disappear!

Carbuck
12-29-15, 10:23 PM
I have lost 12,000 coins for a gingerbread house that I just finished making. It registered in my goal list but didn't show up on my counter. I see others have lost out on making coins for items that baked but didn't show up on the counter for sale to customers. What's going on??? I have latest version and latest iOS on my iPad2.

Rynetory2
12-29-15, 10:41 PM
I have lost 12,000 coins for a gingerbread house that I just finished making. It registered in my goal list but didn't show up on my counter. I see others have lost out on making coins for items that baked but didn't show up on the counter for sale to customers. What's going on??? I have latest version and latest iOS on my iPad2.

Sorry about this. It could be due to sync issues. Please see and try my suggestion in Syncing Issues (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87757-Syncing-issues) thread. Thanks.

Carbuck
12-30-15, 07:06 AM
Sorry about this. It could be due to sync issues. Please see and try my suggestion in Syncing Issues (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87757-Syncing-issues) thread. Thanks.

Saw your thread. Tried it and it didn't work. I sent an email to support.

Also I hope the team will make a decision soon as to whether they will extend the time for this event to end. I and others are still having problems going from one stage of the event to another because goals we attain are not being recognized properly by the game. Some of us are still having to delete and reinstall to move on.

Rynetory2
12-30-15, 08:23 AM
Saw your thread. Tried it and it didn't work. I sent an email to support.

Also I hope the team will make a decision soon as to whether they will extend the time for this event to end. I and others are still having problems going from one stage of the event to another because goals we attain are not being recognized properly by the game. Some of us are still having to delete and reinstall to move on.

Thank you for your feedback and I've passed them to the team. I am sorry that you are facing these issues. :( But I am glad you wrote to support as they can check your game and give you specific advise and solutions. Good luck with your goals.

Carbuck
12-30-15, 06:59 PM
Thank you for your feedback and I've passed them to the team. I am sorry that you are facing these issues. :( But I am glad you wrote to support as they can check your game and give you specific advise and solutions. Good luck with your goals.

Thanks for your attentiveness in this thread. :-)

Rynetory2
12-30-15, 08:17 PM
You are most welcome. :)

CelestiasHeaven
12-30-15, 08:29 PM
How come the quest dont upatade automaticall that i did already master this receipt as you can see on the screenshot?
It has the gold medal with shows receipt has been mastered, but the quests simpley ignores my progress :(

Rynetory2
12-30-15, 08:35 PM
Can you try this solution? Thanks.

Holiday Spirit 4/16
Holiday Spirit 7/16
Holiday Spirit 9/16
Holiday Spirit 11/16

Egg Nog
Fruitcake
Lil Gingerbread House
Gingerbread

CelestiasHeaven
01-03-16, 06:13 PM
Sry but i dont get what you mean with Holiday Spirit 4/!6 and so on, and since many Users seems to have a problem i think it would only be fair if you hand out a patch, instead of this non helping answer.
Sry.

kooky panda
01-04-16, 09:03 AM
Sry but i dont get what you mean with Holiday Spirit 4/!6 and so on, and since many Users seems to have a problem i think it would only be fair if you hand out a patch, instead of this non helping answer.
Sry.
They actually did a fix for this. They unlocked all the locked recipes in advance for everyone. (see last comment)
The guide is to let players know that they may not see one quest complete until all the quests in that group are done.