PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Spirit Goals - Dec 14 2015 - Released 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

fmaismylove
12-24-15, 11:45 AM
If anybody figures out how to get Noelle the elf to show up faster please message me. I cant even make the eggnog or fruitcakes because shes been only giving me 1 winter spice every like 5 hours T_T On restaurant story my ID is fmaismylove, since we cant add neighbors on rs2 and i really dont want to open rs1 back up lol

ghjvcucjb
12-24-15, 01:04 PM
If anybody figures out how to get Noelle the elf to show up faster please message me. I cant even make the eggnog or fruitcakes because shes been only giving me 1 winter spice every like 5 hours T_T On restaurant story my ID is fmaismylove, since we cant add neighbors on rs2 and i really dont want to open rs1 back up lol
A lot of us are in the same boat.

SerenityRen20
12-24-15, 03:20 PM
I'm on my last batch of cookies to complete 11but I hope the team will maybe create some side character goals so we can get some additional ginger and or spice. I've had 4,7,9, & currently 11 glitch on me. I really liked the animated reindeer so I bought gems and now have 2 mixers. The drops combined with ginger are so hard that I mastered fruitcake and I'm 7-8 drinks away from an egg nog mastery. I would not blink an eye if Jack popped in saying make a bunch of coffee drinks because his girl's mother's neighbor's best friend will get me some ginger for some baked goods lol.

CammoAmmo
12-24-15, 05:08 PM
I'm on my last batch of cookies to complete 11but I hope the team will maybe create some side character goals so we can get some additional ginger and or spice. I've had 4,7,9, & currently 11 glitch on me. I really liked the animated reindeer so I bought gems and now have 2 mixers. The drops combined with ginger are so hard that I mastered fruitcake and I'm 7-8 drinks away from an egg nog mastery. I would not blink an eye if Jack popped in saying make a bunch of coffee drinks because his girl's mother's neighbor's best friend will get me some ginger for some baked goods lol.

How did you know?! Jack does in fact pop in and ask you to make 4x Mocha Frappes and 4x Peppermint Mocha Frappes(or whatever they're called) in exchange for 3 ginger.

anaghasaki
12-24-15, 05:10 PM

Talking about this??..

http://i68.tinypic.com/mbhevs.png
:-):-):-):-)

SerenityRen20
12-24-15, 05:16 PM
How did you know?! Jack does in fact pop in and ask you to make 4x Mocha Frappes and 4x Peppermint Mocha Frappes(or whatever they're called) in exchange for 3 ginger. *Gasp* YAY!!! I was just being silly, but I'm excited for the tip (I was using coffee beans up on my drink that uses peanuts, so I'll save them going forward) Thank you S8 team!

alexsjusa
12-24-15, 05:40 PM
Ummm my elf has stopped coming by every 2 hours!! What is going on??

vickyville14
12-25-15, 08:25 AM
I can't believe we can not throw the holiday stuff. I have 34 cookie cutters and inventory is stuffed! What's up with this?

hushkat
12-25-15, 09:18 AM
I can't believe we can not throw the holiday stuff. I have 34 cookie cutters and inventory is stuffed! What's up with this?

Cookie Cutters don't count towards your pantry capacity.

Auntie65
12-25-15, 04:19 PM
Help S8, the elf seems to not visit and only drop 1 at a time when she does, makes for a lousy Christmas present... I can't make any eggnog or houses when I don't get any winter spice delivered. It's really starting to make me want to stop playing in order to avoid frustration

phatzs
12-25-15, 11:39 PM
If I'm a betting person, I'm gonna bet and say you will need to bake the gingerbread house 15 times to master. I hope I'm wrong.

alexsjusa
12-26-15, 04:03 AM
If I'm a betting person, I'm gonna bet and say you will need to bake the gingerbread house 15 times to master. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope not because I'll never finish! That elf stopped coming for about ten hours yesterday and I don't see how we will make the 3 Candy canes, master that eggnog (twelve times) and then make 15 of those! When will we sleep? We have to collect constantly!

alexsjusa
12-26-15, 04:17 AM
So some of those goals require a chair and counter that you have to buy with gems! If anyone is further along can you tell me if any rewards involve either of these items like they did with the gingerbread man reward? If not then maybe that is why they give the offer to download another game for gems! We need to use those same gems to get the gingerbread counter, man and woman!

catfoodie
12-26-15, 09:23 AM
So some of those goals require a chair and counter that you have to buy with gems! If anyone is further along can you tell me if any rewards involve either of these items like they did with the gingerbread man reward? If not then maybe that is why they give the offer to download another game for gems! We need to use those same gems to get the gingerbread counter, man and woman!
To be fair, it's just side quest that require gem spending. The main quest line doesn't require you spending gems, unless you want to speed up things (which is not mandatory).
I'm not really happy about it either, because it would be nice to get some decor for free, but at the same time I see this gem based goals in other games too :<
Also, I don't think you get tables/counters that are required for those goals. I know you get gingerbread man after mastering gingerbread cookies, but that's about it (as far as I'm concerned).
P.s. I didn't even get the option to download games for gems, so I'm definitely not spending money on this game :>

catfoodie
12-26-15, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty much over this quest :< I tried hard to force myself to cook recipes and care about this quest, but the reward is just not appealing to me and the amount of time I have to spend cooking all these dishes makes it extremely boring. Mastery spice would definitely help out, but since we don't even have this option I really don't feel motivated enough to continue.

CammoAmmo
12-26-15, 12:17 PM
I'm pretty much over this quest :< I tried hard to force myself to cook recipes and care about this quest, but the reward is just not appealing to me and the amount of time I have to spend cooking all these dishes makes it extremely boring. Mastery spice would definitely help out, but since we don't even have this option I really don't feel motivated enough to continue.

Yes I think the problem is that this goal line is all or nothing...either you reach the end and get one big prize or you don't and get nothing. Of course the recipies are sort of a reward in themselves but I think next time it would be better to have the rewards in between not be tiles that can be bought for two coins or a tree that can be bought for fifty and so forth.

phatzs
12-26-15, 12:37 PM
Another problem with the goal is the mastery levels are a lot to do especially when you need items that you have to wait along time for. Either shorten the time for the drop or refresh time for an item, or give a few more days to complete. I would rather have the winter spice or the ginger as a rewards after completing a part vs a counter, chair etc....

SerenityRen20
12-26-15, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty much over this quest :< I tried hard to force myself to cook recipes and care about this quest, but the reward is just not appealing to me and the amount of time I have to spend cooking all these dishes makes it extremely boring. Mastery spice would definitely help out, but since we don't even have this option I really don't feel motivated enough to continue. Even if you don't continue I recommend cooking some of the high coin holiday dishes. An expansion came up as a goal, and I can tell the holiday food has been helping me (I need to reach 625K coins + building tools)

LonePudding
12-26-15, 03:54 PM
Even if you don't continue I recommend cooking some of the high coin holiday dishes. An expansion came up as a goal, and I can tell the holiday food has been helping me (I need to reach 625K coins + building tools)

I second this. The gingerbread cookies are worth 9 coins per dish! Cook them casually.

SerenityRen20
12-26-15, 05:07 PM
I second this. The gingerbread cookies are worth 9 coins per dish! Cook them casually. Fruitcake is a great choice too! It's worth 8 coins and you only need fruit and holiday spice. If I manage to finish I'm going to split between the f.c. and gingerbread houses for those whopping 12 coins.

debrasbistro
12-26-15, 10:45 PM
What is the grand reward anyway? I never have enough ginger or Winterspice so probably won't get there. This quest is not very motivating.

phatzs
12-26-15, 10:53 PM
What is the grand reward anyway? I never have enough ginger or Winterspice so probably won't get there. This quest is not very motivating.

I think its gingerbread house decor piece

ghjvcucjb
12-26-15, 10:57 PM
I think its gingerbread house decor piece

That's it's? For some reason I thought it was going to be an amazing recipe that would either give gems or a zillion coins

SpiritWind00
12-26-15, 11:15 PM
I like how much money I'm making from this. I had to do the 300000 expansion to clear inventory space, but it's only taken 2 days to make it all back. I like the high coin dishes and the daily bread is a nice little earner too for doing practically nothing. Now if only Noelle would pop in more often! :)

catfoodie
12-26-15, 11:15 PM
Even if you don't continue I recommend cooking some of the high coin holiday dishes. An expansion came up as a goal, and I can tell the holiday food has been helping me (I need to reach 625K coins + building tools)

I second this. The gingerbread cookies are worth 9 coins per dish! Cook them casually.
Thanks for advice! :> I will try to cook recipes just to get some coins! ;) I also decided to master gingerbread cookies coz I would get a gingerbread man and also, as you mentioned, they give lots of coins, so at least I'll get some mini prize :>

Rynetory2
12-26-15, 11:38 PM

Not sure if this has been answered but it's 10 for mastery level.

I think the grand prize should be the Gingerbread House (150 gems) in the decor tab.

Rynetory2
12-26-15, 11:44 PM
I like how much money I'm making from this. I had to do the 300000 expansion to clear inventory space, but it's only taken 2 days to make it all back. I like the high coin dishes and the daily bread is a nice little earner too for doing practically nothing. Now if only Noelle would pop in more often! :)

Oh I'm with you on this. Love Noelle to drop in more often! I am sure all of us can do with more coins. I'm saving up for several items atm, I will need a million haha. :D

SerenityRen20
12-27-15, 09:28 AM
You will need to make fruitcake 5 times, peppermint mocha frappe 5 times, and gingerbread cookies 5 times. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Jenny's cookie cutters don't add to your total pantry count.

If someone can reply to this message or pm me on how I can add pictures from a phone to my post I have screenshots.

edit(KP) sent PM

hushkat
12-27-15, 09:35 AM
Well I'm done. Yup, I'm the proud owner of a way too big, completely unnecessary, flashing gingerbread house that will not fit in my bakery until I expand like 10 more times.

But that's not why I'm here. I'm here to warn you that when you complete this challenge you will not receive anymore Winter Spice. Noelle will continue to show up at random intervals, and still has the spice icon over her head, but when you click on her you only get the coins for what she has consumed in your bakery.

My suggestion to you, if you want to continue making those high revenue recipes, is to not master the gingerbread houses until the very end of the allotted time so you can take advantage of the earn rate of the holiday spirit recipes. I wish I would have known, I'd be happily making fruitcakes and cookies up until the last day for the coins.

Yes I used gems, yes I purchased a second mixer. Just wanted to get that out here now.

anaghasaki
12-27-15, 10:11 AM
Well I'm done. Yup, I'm the proud owner of a way too big, completely unnecessary, flashing gingerbread house that will not fit in my bakery until I expand like 10 more times.

But that's not why I'm here. I'm here to warn you that when you complete this challenge you will not receive anymore Winter Spice. Noelle will continue to show up at random intervals, and still has the spice icon over her head, but when you click on her you only get the coins for what she has consumed in your bakery.

My suggestion to you, if you want to continue making those high revenue recipes, is to not master the gingerbread houses until the very end of the allotted time so you can take advantage of the earn rate of the holiday spirit recipes. I wish I would have known, I'd be happily making fruitcakes and cookies up until the last day for the coins.

Yes I used gems, yes I purchased a second mixer. Just wanted to get that out here now.

Thanks for that tip.. i have some 40 cookie cutters and i am on goal 14.. want to utilise them for making money.. Could you inform us about the last goal please.. so that we know how much time it will take to complete and can plan accordingly..

hushkat
12-27-15, 10:36 AM
The last goal was to master the gingerbread houses. You need to make 10 in order to do so.

Also wanted to add that Jenny continues to drop cookie cutters, ginger and peppermint are still available to purchase, and I could still make gingerbread and peppermint frosting in the mixer if I wanted to do so. Winter Spice is the only thing I no longer have access to.

UPDATE - No cookie cutters from Jenny on her last visit.

SerenityRen20
12-27-15, 10:43 AM

Yes I used gems, yes I purchased a second mixer. Just wanted to get that out here now. Thank you for the warning! I would have been bummed out so hard! I never wanted the big prize, this became my answer to being stuck on the main goals (Marco's shop, vanilla, cake maker, etc). Now that most glitches are gone I'm really enjoying these recipes.

alexsjusa
12-27-15, 12:35 PM
The last goal was to master the gingerbread houses. You need to make 10 in order to do so.

Also wanted to add that Jenny continues to drop cookie cutters, ginger and peppermint are still available to purchase, and I could still make gingerbread and peppermint frosting in the mixer if I wanted to do so. Winter Spice is the only thing I no longer have access to.

I hope they fix that for you! What's the point of collecting the other items if you can't get winter spice?? All the recipes need the spice no? I hope it's another glitch like when she stopped coming for 10 hours!

mscupcakefaerie
12-27-15, 02:55 PM
I accidentally bought 4000 coins with 20 gems, is there a way to return the coins and get back my gems?

kooky panda
12-27-15, 03:28 PM

I will check on this .

Auntie65
12-27-15, 04:20 PM
The final is to master gingerbread house...that means making 10 of them

ghjvcucjb
12-27-15, 04:31 PM

Thank you Hushkat. Information such as this is really helpful.

I'm at the point where I need to decide to keep ****ing myself to finish two more levels of the gingerbread house for a final prize I'm not interested in all for the sake of saying I finished it. Or drop it and focus on making money as I have just spent all my hard earned coins on opening the tropical shop to find out I need another 100k to open the first item. The OCD in me is pushing hard on finishing the event. The realist in me is saying don't be stupid, show me the money!

LonePudding
12-27-15, 05:36 PM
Thanks Hushkat. Although I'm nowhere near the end yet, I'll keep that in mind. It's a shame that you now have a disadvantage when something like this should've been mentioned from the get go. Hopefully Kooky'll get it sorted for you.

Could you tell us how big the final prize is? I'm hoping no bigger than 3x3...

hushkat
12-27-15, 05:47 PM
Thanks Hushkat. Although I'm nowhere near the end yet, I'll keep that in mind. It's a shame that you now have a disadvantage when something like this should've been mentioned from the get go. Hopefully Kooky'll get it sorted for you.

Could you tell us how big the final prize is? I'm hoping no bigger than 3x3...

It's only 2 x 2, but it's tall. I couldn't cram another table and chair into my bakery right now so this red-yellow-green flashing thing will remain in storage until Christmas of 2016 if I've managed to expand enough times to accommodate it. Come to thinkg of it 2017 is probably more realistic.

Auntie65
12-27-15, 07:13 PM
Thanks bunches for the heads up...since I am close I now know to keep baking the high $ things for a few days to make as much as possible. Need tons to do new appliances , expansions, and learn new recipe

LonePudding
12-28-15, 01:51 AM
It's only 2 x 2, but it's tall. I couldn't cram another table and chair into my bakery right now so this red-yellow-green flashing thing will remain in storage until Christmas of 2016 if I've managed to expand enough times to accommodate it. Come to thinkg of it 2017 is probably more realistic.

Haha, poor gingerbread house.

Now that you've mentioned it flashes, I want it. What I don't want is to do the work! So much mastering! I'm surprised my mixer still works.

phatzs
12-28-15, 08:00 AM
Too much to do and not enough winter spice.

phatzs
12-28-15, 08:17 AM
Here is 15/16 if anyone wants to know.27251

Sorry, pic got cut off. It's make 5 gingerbread man cookies

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27251&d=1451315664 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27251&d=1451315664)

CammoAmmo
12-28-15, 10:06 AM
Haha, poor gingerbread house.

Now that you've mentioned it flashes, I want it. What I don't want is to do the work! So much mastering! I'm surprised my mixer still works.

If you'd like to see it, it's just the one in the decor tab for 150 gems. You can preview it to see it.

Tarizza
12-28-15, 12:29 PM
I haven't seen Jenny yet this morning.

LonePudding
12-28-15, 12:58 PM
If you'd like to see it, it's just the one in the decor tab for 150 gems. You can preview it to see it.

Oh really? I thought it would make me buy it! Thanks for the tip :)

srg70
12-28-15, 02:56 PM
There is no way I am going to complete these goals. I feel so let down. I feel like all I do is play this game!! The elf is not dropping enough winter spice. I collect every 2 hours which is ridiculous, and sometimes she doesn't even show up all then I'm left guessing to when she will next appear! I have a life! The drop rate should be higher and not at two different times.

Please review the next goals based on the issues and suggestions given in this one.

sashahoney
12-28-15, 03:52 PM
There is no way I am going to complete these goals. I feel so let down. I feel like all I do is play this game!! The elf is not dropping enough winter spice. I collect every 2 hours which is ridiculous, and sometimes she doesn't even show up all then I'm left guessing to when she will next appear! I have a life! The drop rate should be higher and not at two different times.

Please review the next goals based on the issues and suggestions given in this one.

This goal has been designed for failure unless you buy gems! The last part of the goal is to master the gingerbread house so that means baking 10! They take 6 hours to bake! The Elf needs to be fired as her time keeping is scandalous! (Maybe she's kissing Santa behind the workshop?!)
I'm not that bothered if I make it or not as I don't even like the end prize and the cost of upgrading my shop is pathetic so I don't even have room for it! BS2 is one big fail and I can't see many people bothering with it unless they fix the abundance of flaws in the game such as parts storage and the costs in general.

phatzs
12-28-15, 04:44 PM

I feel the same way. She use to drop ginger as well but doesn't do that anymore. I think the ginger should have had a shorter restock time especially if you need it so much, plus the winter spice should be given more often. Hopefully they actually read some of the feedback and do a little better with the next one.

phatzs
12-28-15, 04:45 PM
This goal has been designed for failure unless you buy gems! The last part of the goal is to master the gingerbread house so that means baking 10! They take 6 hours to bake! The Elf needs to be fired as her time keeping is scandalous! (Maybe she's kissing Santa behind the workshop?!)
I'm not that bothered if I make it or not as I don't even like the end prize and the cost of upgrading my shop is pathetic so I don't even have room for it! BS2 is one big fail and I can't see many people bothering with it unless they fix the abundance of flaws in the game such as parts storage and the costs in general.

Is that the only thing you need to do on the last part?

sashahoney
12-28-15, 04:51 PM
Yes, that's the last part so if the elf shows up on time with enough spice, and you can bake 2 a day you could finish it if you want the prize bad enough. Good luck! ;)

LonePudding
12-28-15, 05:03 PM
I'm still only on step 9 :( don't think I'll make it on time.

phatzs
12-28-15, 05:31 PM
To bad they won't extend the time by a day or 2 especially for those who got stuck several times.

Rynetory2
12-28-15, 05:57 PM

There are 8 more days to go. It may be a close one for you. Try to prepare the ingredients like gingerbread in the mean time. Dont give up, keep going and give it a shot. :)

bluefoxcrystal
12-28-15, 08:21 PM
7 days... In part 11... Good luck to everyone that will beat this... It won't be me :(

srg70
12-28-15, 08:29 PM
15/16
Based on the amount of spice needed to complete this, it will take a minimum of 2 days assuming the elf shows up when she should.
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/c5ebcb1e3879aef7ecbcdc3e593f2a05.jpg

LonePudding
12-28-15, 09:25 PM
15/16
Based on the amount of spice needed to complete this, it will take a minimum of 2 days assuming the elf shows up when she should.
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/c5ebcb1e3879aef7ecbcdc3e593f2a05.jpg

How much spice is needed? I could work it out myself but :rolleyes:

LonePudding
12-28-15, 09:26 PM
There are 8 more days to go. It may be a close one for you. Try to prepare the ingredients like gingerbread in the mean time. Dont give up, keep going and give it a shot. :)

phatzs
12-28-15, 09:39 PM

If I did the math correctly it's 20. By the way, how can you load a picture on here? I tried to load that part earlier but it didn't work right.

Rynetory2
12-28-15, 09:49 PM
If I did the math correctly it's 20. By the way, how can you load a picture on here? I tried to load that part earlier but it didn't work right.

See this. How To A Post Photo On The Forum (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum)

phatzs
12-28-15, 09:56 PM
See this. How To A Post Photo On The Forum (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum)

Thanks

tuffyjkitten
12-28-15, 10:55 PM

Me too but I should finish it tomorrow morning. Some of the steps are short so hopefully they will allow us to jump ahead quickly to the next longer ones. I do think they made some of the mastery levels quite high for all the prep time and restock time that goes into them, especially the ones that require gingerbread. I hate gingerbread.

srg70
12-28-15, 10:59 PM

20 winter spice are needed.

cosmolife
12-29-15, 02:11 AM
Is anyone else having this problem?

The elf comes into my bakery with the winter spices can floating above her head. She sits down, and I tap on the can...and nothing happens!

Previously, when I tapped on the can, I could collect them. Now, nothing happens. Zilch. No winter spices. Nothing.

I've completed the goal and gotten the final prize (gingerbread house). Could this be the reason why? The game is not giving me any more winter spices to cook more of the event dishes just for fun and profits??!!

VanaCatu
12-29-15, 02:28 AM
I've completed the goal and gotten the final prize (gingerbread house). Could this be the reason why? The game is not giving me any more winter spices to cook more of the event dishes just for fun and profits??!!

yes, this is the reason - exactly as it was stated couple of pages ago.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87415-Holiday-Spirit-Goals-Dec-14-2015&p=1228065&viewfull=1#post1228065

Carbuck
12-29-15, 07:44 AM
It also seems like the drop rate has gotten lower. I am now getting only 1 winter spice every time Noelle visits. So many are needed when one has to prepare gingerbread houses, eggnogs and fruitcakes. Sheesh!!

cosmolife
12-29-15, 09:06 AM
yes, this is the reason - exactly as it was stated couple of pages ago.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87415-Holiday-Spirit-Goals-Dec-14-2015&p=1228065&viewfull=1#post1228065

Thanks VanaCatu :)

Well that sux. So I'm getting punished for finishing the goal early :(

I should have come here first!!! But then why would I when I wasn't having problem with the goal :(

Hope S8 will sort this one out and let us have the winter spices back so we can cook the dishes just for fun. I love the ginger house cake. It's so cute. But alas! Not able to cook anymore of it kinda sux :(

And if not, then it's just not fair we're getting punished for finishing the goal early!

BBragg15
12-29-15, 10:16 AM
Not sure anyone mention this probably has, but if you master the gingerbread cookies you get a gingerbread man decoration, so that is one less to buy for the other quest that is in line with the holiday event.

ghjvcucjb
12-29-15, 12:06 PM
It also seems like the drop rate has gotten lower. I am now getting only 1 winter spice every time Noelle visits. So many are needed when one has to prepare gingerbread houses, eggnogs and fruitcakes. Sheesh!!
This is has been the norm for me since the first day

ghjvcucjb
12-29-15, 12:08 PM
Thanks VanaCatu :)

Well that sux. So I'm getting punished for finishing the goal early :(

I should have come here first!!! But then why would I when I wasn't having problem with the goal :(

Hope S8 will sort this one out and let us have the winter spices back so we can cook the dishes just for fun. I love the ginger house cake. It's so cute. But alas! Not able to cook anymore of it kinda sux :(

And if not, then it's just not fair we're getting punished for finishing the goal early!

I find it's important to check here for all events. If not to put together a game plan then for heads up on bugs, problems, issues. The community is great at giving heads up on issues. I feel bad for those players who have no idea this place exists.

eta! And to read before posting. At least the first couple of pages and the last couple of pages. The first ones have all the updated steps and the last ones have all the updated issues others are experiencing.

cosmolife
12-29-15, 12:35 PM
eta! And to read before posting. At least the first couple of pages and the last couple of pages. The first ones have all the updated steps and the last ones have all the updated issues others are experiencing.

Thanks so much for the advice! I work full time. Plus my home is currently invaded by family visiting for Xmas and new year. But yes! I normally read not just the first, last pages, but the whole thread!

Thanks those who help answer busy players such as myself, so I don't feel overwhelmed by the big 32 pages of this thread :)

ghjvcucjb
12-29-15, 12:58 PM
Thanks so much for the advice! I work full time. Plus my home is currently invaded by family visiting for Xmas and new year. But yes! I normally read not just the first, last pages, but the whole thread!

Thanks those who help answer busy players such as myself, so I don't feel overwhelmed by the big 32 pages of this thread :)
Yes, this time of the year is nutso insane, plus all the ballet recitals and obligatory parties. Can't wait for things to calm down to regular nutso life. That ETA wasn't actually to anyone specifically. Just something many of us use to be told years ago in the olden days of these forums when a thread would be over 200 pages and span several parts in a matter days i.e. Castle story Badges. And no one could find an answer because a million people would post the same comment over and over without reading through the threads and once the threads got too big it was impossible even if you wanted to. Once it was pointed out to me about the first and last couple of pages, I thought it was genius advice. So every so often I pass it on to others who may be either new or don't have much time to read through everything.

BBragg15
12-29-15, 04:24 PM
How is everyone doing on it if your still working on it? I'm on 12/16 not sure if I'm going to be able to finish it in time. the only 2 recipe that I have to master is the eggnog and the gingerbread house. Good luck to the rest who is working on it. If I don't finish its no big deal. I know I hit some bad spot in this event for every time I have to master something I had to remove the app and reinstall it, it must be like the 4th time so far in this event.

LonePudding
12-29-15, 04:34 PM
How is everyone doing on it if your still working on it? I'm on 12/16 not sure if I'm going to be able to finish it in time. the only 2 recipe that I have to master is the eggnog and the gingerbread house. Good luck to the rest who is working on it. If I don't finish its no big deal. I know I hit some bad spot in this event for every time I have to master something I had to remove the app and reinstall it, it must be like the 4th time so far in this event.

I'm two peppermint-mocha-frappe-serves away from 10/16. I already mastered fruitcake for the coins so that's one task out of the way I guess. The gingerbread house looks like a load of stress on a plate lol, we can do it! Although I'm still on level 21, I've started saving for the bazaar, and I'm currently at 200k. These recipes really do help with the coins!

Good luck to everyone still baking away!
https://i0.wp.com/www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/cook/chef.gif

phatzs
12-29-15, 06:50 PM

I'm on level 15. I'm working on mastering the house and finishing the cookie part of 15. GL to you! Hope you can get it!! This first quest was really hard!!

sashahoney
12-29-15, 06:59 PM
Just to keep up the spirit of hope for those still baking furiously! I haven't spent any money or gems on this goal but I have played an obscene amount of hours playing this game, considering it's the holiday season I'm sure not everyone is able to do this. I'm about to start my 6/10 gingerbread house then I'll be done with this quest with plenty of days to spare. But I have had to log in hourly to pre prepare the ingredients needed and collect ginger and spice. I haven't been able to do any side quests and I'm not really bothering with take out orders unless they need dishes I have already made and I absolutely cannot spare to bake anything that requires icings! So keep the faith people and bake your little hearts out! It can be done! :p

goombajoe
12-29-15, 08:46 PM
Just finished. Not remotely worth it. Oh well. Some of the items required sell for decent coin I guess.

inara_24
12-29-15, 09:46 PM
Just finished. Not remotely worth it. Oh well. Some of the items required sell for decent coin I guess.

I've tried already and there are some things I can't sell like the gingerbread man.

Rynetory2
12-29-15, 10:08 PM
I kept my prizes since they are limited edition items. As to whether the goals are worth it, I guess it depends on individual liking to the grand prize Gingerbread House. It's a nice decoration and I certainly wont mind getting it free through goals especially when it costs 150 gems.

ghjvcucjb
12-30-15, 01:14 AM
I gave up a few days ago somewhere around mastering the gingerbread house. Focusing on trying to get enough money to learn Cream brulee.

mags1210
12-30-15, 04:24 AM
I have gave up too, I don't know how they expect us to do all the mixing with only 1 mixer, they gave 2 stoves which didn't help much, maybe it was just me but it's a bit much HAGD

goombajoe
12-30-15, 04:38 AM
I didn't sell my reward items, I meant the required items were worth a decent bit, like the fruit cakes.

adorablerican
12-30-15, 08:07 AM
I wish they could extend it more the goal for like an extra week. Some of us work full time.

kooky panda
12-30-15, 08:59 AM
Not sure if I will make it, but I am going to keep going until time runs out!

Moissonor
12-30-15, 09:16 AM
Not sure if I will make it, but I am going to keep going until time runs out!
I agree (to extend it more the goal for like an extra week).
Also, it will be appreciate to increase the visit rate of the Elf.(Like 4 times an hour or 1 time for 15 minutes !!!!)

Merci

patayita
12-30-15, 09:35 AM
I'm still at step 9, because it takes so much time to master everything! Can you please increase the drop rate from Noelle the Elf? I really want to finish this!!

kooky panda
12-30-15, 10:05 AM
Also, it will be appreciate to increase the visit rate of the Elf.(Like 4 times an hour or 1 time for 15 minutes !!!!)

Merci
I have requested this. Hopefully as we get closer to the deadline, we will see more drops or have her drop by more often.

goombajoe
12-30-15, 10:49 AM
That's not really fair to the people who woke up in the middle of the night to get the spice in the first place. I notice there's conveniently a new gem pack that sells 15 spice with it though. What a coincidence!

srg70
12-30-15, 02:12 PM
That's not really fair to the people who woke up in the middle of the night to get the spice in the first place. I notice there's conveniently a new gem pack that sells 15 spice with it though. What a coincidence!

I think the new gem pack is a bad deal even with the spice. Last week you could get 200 gems for $4.99 plus other items but this week it's 200 gems plus other items for $9.99!!

srg70
12-30-15, 02:14 PM
I have gave up too, I don't know how they expect us to do all the mixing with only 1 mixer, they gave 2 stoves which didn't help much, maybe it was just me but it's a bit much HAGD

It will be a close call to whether I will finish these goals and that's with 2 mixers going all the time! I think these goals were very unbalanced but I'm hoping they will learn from it for next time.

kooky panda
12-30-15, 03:41 PM
I'm here to warn you that when you complete this challenge you will not receive anymore Winter Spice. Noelle will continue to show up at random intervals, and still has the spice icon over her head, but when you click on her you only get the coins for what she has consumed in your bakery.

I did check on this and I am sorry, but once you complete the goal, these items will no longer drop.:(

Requests for this to be changed, has been forwarded to the team.

ghjvcucjb
12-30-15, 04:38 PM
It will be a close call to whether I will finish these goals and that's with 2 mixers going all the time! I think these goals were very unbalanced but I'm hoping they will learn from it for next time.

More likely we the players will learn that future events will involve no sleeping! No bathroom breaks! No family or friends! Just collect cook collect cook!!!!

yppahc
12-30-15, 04:56 PM
What is the final task? I am on 15 and want to keep making these items for as long as possible. I don't want to get caught out with a long task 16/16.

trs1782
12-30-15, 05:02 PM
I have too many cookie cutters! I'm up to 48 and only have room to hold 90 items in my pantry, and have mastered gingerbread men already, why can't we delete this Christmas stuff from our pantry like everything else?!?!?!

phatzs
12-30-15, 05:04 PM
What is the final task? I am on 15 and want to keep making these items for as long as possible. I don't want to get caught out with a long task 16/16.

I read a few pages ago it was to master the gingerbread house to 10

SpiritWind00
12-30-15, 05:05 PM
I have too many cookie cutters! I'm up to 48 and only have room to hold 90 items in my pantry, and have mastered gingerbread men already, why can't we delete this Christmas stuff from our pantry like everything else?!?!?!

Cookie cutters do not count towards your pantry count. You can delete items when you're at 90% pantry capacity only.

(If you see the thread closed, just refresh... I removed my signature and accidentally closed the thread for a few seconds! Sorry about that! :))

phatzs
12-30-15, 05:07 PM

The cutters don't count in your storage. I have over a 100 and my storage is only 70.

trs1782
12-30-15, 05:15 PM
Oh. . . I feel dumb now, I'm gonna go count all the stuff in my pantry, lol, thanks for the help!

yppahc
12-30-15, 05:29 PM
I read a few pages ago it was to master the gingerbread house to 10

Thanks

janddolphins
12-30-15, 06:42 PM
Happy to be a part of this first big quest in BS2. Gonna be cutting it close for me. Still working on mastering the gingerbread but I have fruitcake mastered and working on mastering eggnog so I think after gingerbread men all that's left is the houses which look really material consuming. 6 days left though so who knows.

I do agree with others I wish the elf came more often. If anything is going to be the cause of me not completing the event she is as she is not coming every 2 hours for me. I have way more cutters than spices from her, so the drop rate is unbalanced but otherwise I can't complain it's been a fun event for the first big one in the game and I enjoy when I have time I stock up on quick item and when I don't I make the longer ones.

Good luck to everyone else and happy New Year!

PS it could be my imagination but it does seem the elf is coming around less often for me too, for example she has not been here past 4 hours. On vacation so havnt actually been timing it but checking in quite frequently including the middle of the night just to get spice thanks to insomnia and I just don't seem to be getting enough. I hope I make it. Not sure if I would keep the prize out but the OCD side of me liked to finish quests whenever possible although I will not pay as this game is too new

PPS the trick of posting worked again, logged in and there she was. She has some making up to do though lol

sashahoney
12-30-15, 07:45 PM

I'm very grateful for this advice since I only have one more gingerbread house to make to complete the goal. I will leave making until the last day so I can continue to make the festive goodies and stockpile coins. Thanks for the heads up :D

Rynetory2
12-30-15, 07:51 PM
Goal 16

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27310

sally_brown
12-30-15, 09:07 PM
I did check on this and I am sorry, but once you complete the goal, these items will no longer drop.:(

Requests for this to be changed, has been forwarded to the team.So the recipes are still available after the goals are completed (even though there are no more drops)? Will these recipes be removed once the goal is over?

MysticOrchid
12-30-15, 09:59 PM
I'll be done with the event by tomorrow morning. If it wasn't for the event, I wouldn't of really gone into this game.

We really need a social update because this game is seriously lacking.

Perry9877
12-31-15, 01:45 AM
I am on goal seven. Mastered the candy canes and it's still showing that I have to complete it. I shut down the app and it's still not recognizing the goal as complete.

I have this issue as well! I am not sure if making additional helps any. It is a very challenging FIRST mission!

P.S. There are several more pages to read. I am hoping someone has a fix for this. . . . .

Rynetory2
12-31-15, 03:34 AM
I have this issue as well! I am not sure if making additional helps any. It is a very challenging FIRST mission!

P.S. There are several more pages to read. I am hoping someone has a fix for this. . . . .

Please force shut, restart your game and your goal should register. If you are still having issues, please post which goal are you facing issues with in the Holiday Spirit Goal Issues (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87427-Holiday-Spirit-Goal-Issues&p=1229378#post1229378) thread. Thanks.

YasminIssa
12-31-15, 04:05 AM

Merci

I totally agree with you. I made it up to goal 14 yesterday and until this moment i'm thinking how i'm going to finish goals 15 & 16 without the sparkles since the Elf is hardly showing up. I feel bad for the time I spent on this event and angry because I wouldn't be able to finish it.
I join my voice to those who think we should have more time and I hope TL. will listen and extend the time and please let the Elf visit us more frequently.

CammoAmmo
12-31-15, 09:51 AM
For those of you who finished, I think the best way to maxmize the winter spice is to only make gingerbread cookies. They require only one spice, so the return is much larger than gingerbread houses and fruitcake. Although gingerbread houses give 12 coins, I think the cookies give a high enough coin amount per plate that it is better to cook them.

tuffyjkitten
12-31-15, 11:33 AM
I have a ton of winter spice but always seem to be running short on ginger. I'm on step 11 and only halfway to mastering gingerbread cookies. No way I will ever make it past all those gingerbread houses in the time we have left. This is really hard with only 1 mixer when every ingredient for that recipe requires the mixer....it takes 2 hours just to make one set of gingerbread house ingredients! Someone didn't think this through very well. The time lost due to the goals not registering didn't help us either. Oh well! I will get as far as I can, it's a good way to build up coins!

kgp70282
12-31-15, 01:33 PM
This is redic I have all but given up on this I am on only number7 I have noviced the recipes in the goal but the check mark will be there and then it will be gone

LonePudding
12-31-15, 02:04 PM
I'm running low on winter spice now!! My eggnog took it all! I won't give up yet!

phatzs
12-31-15, 04:11 PM
I wish I could give some of you my winter spice. I got a ton of spice that I probably won't end up using it. I am basically done just got one more house to do and 2 cookies and I am done

phatzs
12-31-15, 04:12 PM
I'm running low on winter spice now!! My eggnog took it all! I won't give up yet!

Don't give up you can do it!!!

Em_storm
12-31-15, 04:34 PM
I have a ton of winter spice but always seem to be running short on ginger. I'm on step 11 and only halfway to mastering gingerbread cookies. No way I will ever make it past all those gingerbread houses in the time we have left. This is really hard with only 1 mixer when every ingredient for that recipe requires the mixer....it takes 2 hours just to make one set of gingerbread house ingredients! Someone didn't think this through very well. The time lost due to the goals not registering didn't help us either. Oh well! I will get as far as I can, it's a good way to build up coins!

Me too! My elfin friend has stopped dropping it for some reason. I hope she starts remembering to bring it with her.

LonePudding
12-31-15, 06:39 PM
I wish I could give some of you my winter spice. I got a ton of spice that I probably won't end up using it. I am basically done just got one more house to do and 2 cookies and I am done

Aww thanks, too bad we can't transfer things *hint hint* *cough cough* Newsstand like FS2 please! Congrats on finishing!

phatzs
12-31-15, 07:04 PM
Aww thanks, too bad we can't transfer things *hint hint* *cough cough* Newsstand like FS2 please! Congrats on finishing!

That would be nice. Maybe once they put in the neighbor feature we can request items like this in future events from our neighbors like in RS and bs 1.

cnlsmommy
01-01-16, 08:36 AM
Is the last step posted anywhere? I've been through the thread and don't see it, unless I overlooked it. I'm on the second to last and trying to prepare for the last. That's the only chance I have to get this completed :-/ thanks all

catfoodie
01-01-16, 08:39 AM
Is the last step posted anywhere? I've been through the thread and don't see it, unless I overlooked it. I'm on the second to last and trying to prepare for the last. That's the only chance I have to get this completed :-/ thanks all
It's in the first post! You have to master gingerbread house to level 3

alexsjusa
01-01-16, 08:56 AM
I have requested this. Hopefully as we get closer to the deadline, we will see more drops or have her drop by more often.

If the time runs out while making the last item do you still get the house or do you have to 'complete' before the time runs out?

cnlsmommy
01-01-16, 09:01 AM
Thank you, I can see every pic except that one. I can see where it should be, but it's just a tiny blank box

Edit- I was replying to the person that helped me with last goal, some reason it did a new post instead. Thanks again.

catfoodie
01-01-16, 09:11 AM
If the time runs out while making the last item do you still get the house or do you have to 'complete' before the time runs out?
I don't think you will get reward unless you complete the quest. If you would be making the last house to get the last mastery level, but time runs out, you wouldn't master the house and, therefore, you won't get the reward.

Rynetory2
01-01-16, 09:17 AM

The last goal says to reach mastery level of lil Gingerbread house. So you will need to serve it before the timer runs out. Good luck.

ginourmous
01-01-16, 06:33 PM
I should have read this forumfirst. I finished the goal and now the elf doesnt drop anything. So I can't make those high revenue recipes. Totally not fair. The elf should keep dropping the stuff until the time runs out. I don't understand why the elf stops. You should be rewarded for finishing early and then have the hability to cook what gets you the most money. Fix this problem while there is time left to collect and make a few recipe.

phatzs
01-01-16, 06:47 PM
I wish I could give some of my cutters and spice to those who still need/want them. I have 118 cutters and 40 spice left over. Finished the goals today and now I'm trying to play catch up on the other goals I have

ginourmous
01-01-16, 09:13 PM
With 40 spices why don't you cook those recipe that give you lots of money?? My guess is that if you have a pantry this big, you don't need money. Lol

janddolphins
01-01-16, 11:03 PM
For those who have finished, I have mastered everything but the houses, haven't started those yet, starting now. I have quite a lot of time to play next few days, do you think this will be realistic to complete without gems?

Thanks!

LonePudding
01-01-16, 11:35 PM
For those who have finished, I have mastered everything but the houses, haven't started those yet, starting now. I have quite a lot of time to play next few days, do you think this will be realistic to complete without gems?

Thanks!

I just started the houses recently too, I don't think I'll be able to finish without gems :( I already do babysit the game, but I played the beginning a bit slower, not realising how tough the last few steps would be. I'm definitely regretting that now!

I hope I am wrong and we can make it to the end. Good luck!

LonePudding
01-02-16, 03:02 AM
I think for this event to be enjoyable, the gingerbread houses shouldn't have been included. Once they were introduced, the event went from fun to annoying. Mastering 4 recipes was hard enough! Messing with Noelle's drop rate wasn't helpful either.

Because it is the first event of the game (that I won't be completing otherwise), I will probably end up buying the final prize. I won't feel as accomplished as I would've if I earned it but it's better than nothing. I sure hope the next event is doable (and soon, I love events!)

kgp70282
01-02-16, 05:49 AM
There's only 3 days left I'm only on 9....

catfoodie
01-02-16, 06:23 AM
I think for this event to be enjoyable, the gingerbread houses shouldn't have been included. Once they were introduced, the event went from fun to annoying. Mastering 4 recipes was hard enough! Messing with Noelle's drop rate wasn't helpful either.

Because it is the first event of the game (that I won't be completing otherwise), I will probably end up buying the final prize. I won't feel as accomplished as I would've if I earned it but it's better than nothing. I sure hope the next event is doable (and soon, I love events!)
I completely agree, I'm close to mastering gingerbread cookies and I felt like it was hard enough. I did slack few days but most of the time I was consistent with collecting ingridients and making required recipes. It felt like I was constantly making something, especially last 5 days or so (when ppl on forum pointed out that recipes give good amount of coins). I knew I wouldn't be able to finish when I started making those cookies because I thought it's hard enough to make them, and gingerbread house required like double the effort. I feel like I wasn't motivated enough to get the last prize, so I would love to see either easier quests or better rewards :> I'm happy with gingerbread man I'm about to get (don't have enough space for gingerbread house in my restaraunt and holidays are over so doubt I would put it on display anyways). Maybe be I will have more luck in upcoming events! Im glad that events started early in this game, but would be nice to have them adjusted for players' needs! :3

cosmolife
01-02-16, 11:56 AM

Requests for this to be changed, has been forwarded to the team.

Any news on this yet, kooky? I so want to cook more of these cute holiday ginger cakes and cookies!

(Oops. I posted a question above 👆 without reading the first 2, and last 2 pages. Hopefully, the police/mummy will not give me a lecture for not reading before posting. Grrr )

phatzs
01-02-16, 12:45 PM
With 40 spices why don't you cook those recipe that give you lots of money?? My guess is that if you have a pantry this big, you don't need money. Lol

Lol I do need money, I have lots of things that I need to buy, but there is only 3 almost 2 days left and I can't see myself using them all. In between completing other goals, I try to make the recipes that doesn't require gingerbread. I know the gingerbread gives the most, but I hate waiting for the mixer to finish lol.

lsm830
01-02-16, 01:07 PM
I too have the same issue. I have the same problem

LonePudding
01-02-16, 08:35 PM
Constantly at 0 spices :( As soon as Noelle comes I'm left empty handed again!

janddolphins
01-02-16, 09:46 PM
Cross your fingers for me as I said in my earlier post I will be cutting this one close but after accidentally using an oven mitt on a gingerbread house I realized I do have 5 of those, now 4 to help with time if I am running short. I did a pretty good job stockpiling ingredients today as well so while I don't have as much time Monday and Tuesday I think I made up for it today, have enough for 5 more houses to bring me to 6 so only need 4 more.

I actually really enjoyed this quest as it took a lot of planning. Timing was bad with vacation but I hope more that inolve work and not luck continue in all S8 games as lately CS has became a game of routlette for a few quests.

Once again best of luck to everyone in the remaining days. I hope my next post is to say I made it!

lsm830
01-02-16, 09:59 PM
I give up. I gather ingredients and they disappear. I finally get the needed items and bake whatever is needed only to have that and the ingredients disappear. Ridiculous mess this game is.

Dragosle
01-03-16, 02:59 AM
Probably not gonna done with part 15/16 since it ask me to serve so many long hour cooking dishes, plus ALL of them need Winter Spice and the Elf is showing up less often with less and less drop (used to nearly always drop 3 with a Ginger, now no Ginger and only 1-2 Spice, sometimes 3).

I just have a feeling that this is getting worse the closer it goes near the expiration =.=

bexiboo2
01-03-16, 06:19 AM
Well I've made it to task 14 and this is where I will stop.

I am disappointed that the first goal of the game is so difficult and one that a lot of people won't complete - congratulations to everyone who has completed it! I would love to have the grand prize.

I didn't have the technical problems that a lot of people had, so I know ther are a lot of others who won't get to complete the task either.

Even if I hadn't been busy over Christmas and new year and could have checked in more often I still don't think I could have finished in time. I know Storm8 need to make the goals challenging and some people can check in more often than others, but if future goals aren't achievable for me I may well quit the game.

I don't often get to complete goals in FS2, but I'm not precious about that game so don't mind. With BS2 I would like to be able to complete the goals.

After the event it would be interesting to see the stats of how many completed the goal against the stages where other players stopped.

Good luck to everyone still with a chance of winning!

VanaCatu
01-03-16, 09:27 AM
Good luck to everyone still with a chance of winning!
not any single chance!
nothing to talk about so many holidays dropped here, when people have to live their real lives.

this kind of goals are oriented to the guys playing this one game ever.

because as i see - even "babysitting tactics" (c) ms. lonepudding - it doesn't work.
noel's drops are not balanced. 1-2 spices per 2hrs when you need d a m n lot of them everywhere - it cannot work.
d a m n tons of home-made ingredients via one single mixer - it cannot work.

yes, i understand it allows lower level players to participate, not having to level up, save and build blender - but who cares when even being lvl 24 and having everything but gem-invested - i cannot get in time to do this?

they want to attract more attention by making quests so hard?
this is wrong way, i say it.

monthly goals in regular BS and RS are much more easier.
they can be done in one week, without special efforts, no rush, no bloody eyes.
and the people attracted because of weekly updates - they come to buy new decor, to build new ovens, to master new recipes.

wanna attract more attention? gosh, just make "daily bread"-type of goals forever everywhere, in all games! -
people will come each day, just to get another lollipop as a result!

because in such a stress - cruise in RS2, event in FS2, goals in RS and BS, tournament in DS, events in CS and DS, goals in BS2 - just guess what i choose?

i choose d a m n nothing! just drop ALL-IN-ONE-GO - ang go living!

because the games meant to relax people. not stressing them.
inventing other ways to attract players instead of previously worked ways - is a crime against game and gamers.
le mieux est l'ennemi du bien!

tuffyjkitten
01-03-16, 11:24 AM
I will stop when I finish step 11...have to make 1 more gingerbread cookie recipe to do that. I am so sick of the mixer and the endless gingerbread supplies. I've barely even tried these last few days.

LonePudding
01-03-16, 12:24 PM
I would have a chance if Noelle brought 3 spices like she used to! Only 2 at a time means I can cook one holiday recipe! One! One recipe every 2 hours! Definitely going to get the job done, thanks Noelle.

VanaCatu
01-03-16, 12:30 PM
I would have a chance of Noelle brought 3 spices like she used to! Only 2 a time only means I can cook one holiday recipe!
my noel is evel queen for sure! 1 spice per visit. it's nothing.
i understand the guys did this to make us spend gems.
but i have no gems.
whoa, guys, u r awesome planners! )))))))

LonePudding
01-03-16, 12:47 PM
my noel is evel queen for sure! 1 spice per visit. it's nothing.
i understand the guys did this to make us spend gems.
but i have no gems.
whoa, guys, u r awesome planners! )))))))

I'm so annoyed! The fact that I'm so close to the end makes it even worse :( I had a look at buying gems...they were a bit pricey so buying the gingerbread house is out of the question for me. *sigh*

Carbuck
01-03-16, 01:18 PM
I gather also by the silence that the team is not going to extend the time in light of all of the glitches they created throughout the game. No holiday spirit in them. Bah humbug! :(

VanaCatu
01-03-16, 01:31 PM
I gather also by the silence that the team is not going to extend the time in light of all of the glitches they created throughout the game. No holiday spirit in them. Bah humbug! :(
подпишусь под каждым словом!

(sorry guys, had to say it. undersigned for every word above, i meant)

Tccelizabeth
01-03-16, 05:29 PM
I gave up on the dream of ever completing these goals on Step 9....and that was AFTER TL suckered me out of $5 or so in gems. (I do not normally pay money for ANY game I play, but made an exception this time because I love Gingerbread holiday decor.) TL made it SO tedious to reach every single part of the goal - I kept saying to myself, "I need at least 3 mixers to get this done!" Couple that with my valuable pantry real estate squandered on SIXTY cookie cutters and 48 Holiday spices that I can't delete - I couldn't collect the ingredients I needed! After a week of that, all the "holiday goal fun" was sucked right out of BS2 (for me anyway.) It was overwhelming and actually gave me anxiety when I saw what needed to happen for me to advance from Step 9...so much so that I closed my door and haven't played the game in over a week. I reached level 99 on BS1 several years ago and continued to play despite only having holiday goals - because I LOVED the holiday goals - they were FUN to complete and allowed me to show off my prizes BEFORE the holiday passed. If this goal series is typical of what BS2 players have to look forward to, I will promptly delete the app and go back to enjoying my goal-less bakery in BS1. What a horrible way to thank fans for downloading and playing their new offering...and at Christmas no less. For shame, TL. For shame.

LonePudding
01-03-16, 06:23 PM
I would have a chance if Noelle brought 3 spices like she used to! Only 2 at a time means I can cook one holiday recipe! One! One recipe every 2 hours! Definitely going to get the job done, thanks Noelle.

She has given me 3 spices twice now, thank goodness... I hope I haven't spoken too soon.

janddolphins
01-03-16, 06:24 PM
Well maybe I was being too hopeful. I thought for some reason you needed a total of 10 houses to Master which I could have possibly made, but that only brings me to silver so I'm guessing another 5-10 to Master and I don't see that as I am working on the first for silver now.

Really wanted to complete first quest but timing with vacation was bad so I'm not going to let this get to me as real life will always come first.

Will keep going to the end though and see how close I make it or on the rare rare chance finish. I've had insomnia anyway so will play as often as I can

LonePudding
01-03-16, 07:59 PM
!!!!!
http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah12/jenniessimp/018D0B6A-B3BD-4768-8974-A6CF59143064.png_zpsyrfhl0fg.jpeg

@janddolphins
I don't sleep much either so I'm using all the time I can possibly get. I'm two away from a silver mastery, so if I see you've given up, I pretty much will too! No pressure. :D

Carbuck
01-03-16, 08:31 PM
She has given me 3 spices twice now, thank goodness... I hope I haven't spoken too soon.

LOL! Hope you make it. :-)

phatzs
01-03-16, 08:57 PM
Don't give up !!!! You all can do it!!!!

srg70
01-04-16, 09:05 AM
I've just made my last gingerbread house but haven't clicked on it to serve it. The elf is still coming and dropping winter spice so I'm going to leave it till the end of the day and then serve it. Fruit cake is the easiest to make so I'm going to make them all day long.

Moissonor
01-04-16, 09:22 AM
I've just made my last gingerbread house but haven't clicked on it to serve it. The elf is still coming and dropping winter spice so I'm going to leave it till the end of the day and then serve it. Fruit cake is the easiest to make so I'm going to make them all day long.

After the 16th step, the elf does not leave winter spice. Is it fair for the time passing on the game by peoples ?
I have chance, i have finished. I have received the illuminated gingerbread house.

Carbuck
01-04-16, 10:24 AM
Don't give up !!!! You all can do it!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement for all of us to finish. :D

I worked diligently on 8 of the 10 houses for the last goal so that I could gauge whether it was then worth it to do step 15. This morning I completed step 15 and witihin the next 8 hrs I will have all of the ingredients for the last 2 houses. I can bake them at the same time since I have 2 ovens.

I will make as many fruitcakes as I can before I have to bake the last 2 houses. Yay!

YasminIssa
01-04-16, 11:09 AM
My last 2 Lil gingerbread houses are on oven now and will be ready within 6 hours. Although I had doubt earlier but luckily I was able to complete the goals without spending gems. Thanks to all who advised us to use the rest of the time to make coin generating recipes.

Congrats to those who finished and best of luck to the rest.

LonePudding
01-04-16, 12:04 PM

Please! To anyone deciding to finish purposely nearer the end, do not leave a few minutes! Try a half hour or so! S8 pull events early on FFS a lot, and it causes so much unnecessary frustration. Please be careful!

LonePudding
01-04-16, 12:05 PM
10 more gingerbread houses to make.... And all of goal 15 :(

10 hours to complete 15, and then 5 hours for 16. No sleep tonight!

Congrats to everyone nearly done! Hey Janddolphins, how's it going? :)

seesters
01-04-16, 02:19 PM
I am truly surprised that "the powers of BS2" have ignored pleas for help. There is no way I will be able to finish. Since the game has not allowed friends as yet there must be a lot of problems to work out. In the meantime, those of us that felt safe playing another Storm 8 game have been disallusioned.......Winter Spice....really? One drop.??

srg70
01-04-16, 03:26 PM
Please! To anyone deciding to finish purposely nearer the end, do not leave a few minutes! Try a half hour or so! S8 pull events early on FFS a lot, and it causes so much unnecessary frustration. Please be careful!

Thanks for the advice. I've just collected the last winter spice from the elf and hit serve. I've got the prize!! I like it but it definitely was not worth how much I had to play the game to complete it. I won't be doing it again!

vickyville14
01-04-16, 06:47 PM
What happened to the winter spice? I have been waiting to finish my last house, now the last two times she only gave coins. I need one more spice for my last house. Anyone else still getting spice?

SpiritWind00
01-04-16, 06:55 PM
Noelle has been to my bakery twice today, but she's not being very generous. 1 drop first time, then 2. So, yes still dropping spice if you haven't finished.

Oh and as LP said above, please be mindful of your timer. I'm making extra gingerbread with my surplus supplies for the money. If nothing else, this event has been an excellent money generator.

vickyville14
01-04-16, 07:15 PM
Noelle has been to my bakery twice today, but she's not being very generous. 1 drop first time, then 2. So, yes still dropping spice if you haven't finished.

Oh and as LP said above, please be mindful of your timer. I'm making extra gingerbread with my surplus supplies for the money. If nothing else, this event has been an excellent money generator.

Are you sure? I would swear the last two times I only got coins. I will watch again, more closely!

srg70
01-04-16, 07:21 PM
What happened to the winter spice? I have been waiting to finish my last house, now the last two times she only gave coins. I need one more spice for my last house. Anyone else still getting spice?

Once I finished the goal the elf would come and eat with the winter spice icon above her head. When I clicked on it she gave me coins.

Are you sure you've not finished the goals? Check to see if you've got the gingerbread house in your inventory.

janddolphins
01-04-16, 08:50 PM
Well a bug that left me sleeping all day knocked me out of this one. I don't like challenge need that don't give enough time off for real life stuff and I spent many nights playing and sadly don't think I can make it. Still need 6 gingerbread, out of ginger and I actually need to sleep tonight to recover from whatever I'm feeling as I have a long day tomorrow. A shame I don't have gems in this game but not going to pay for it. Just will have to live with not making it

Best of luck to everyone else!

goombajoe
01-05-16, 09:32 AM
There was really more than enough time to complete this even with real life stuff if you played consistently from the start. I finished 6 or so days ago, you just needed to be on top of mixer timers.

I'm not saying it wasn't designed extremely poorly, but time wasn't necessarily the problem.

LonePudding
01-05-16, 09:33 AM
Well a bug that left me sleeping all day knocked me out of this one. I don't like challenge need that don't give enough time off for real life stuff and I spent many nights playing and sadly don't think I can make it. Still need 6 gingerbread, out of ginger and I actually need to sleep tonight to recover from whatever I'm feeling as I have a long day tomorrow. A shame I don't have gems in this game but not going to pay for it. Just will have to live with not making it

Best of luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear that, I hope you make a speedy recovery.

phatzs
01-05-16, 09:48 AM
There was really more than enough time to complete this even with real life stuff if you played consistently from the start. I finished 6 or so days ago, you just needed to be on top of mixer timers.

I'm not saying it wasn't designed extremely poorly, but time wasn't necessarily the problem.

I really don't think people had an issue with time as they did with the constant glitches getting through the levels. If you were to read through this thread, you would see people's game would continue to glitch on them and they weren't able to move on up. I think if they they didn't have certain problems they probably would be done too. Also real life should always come before a game, just my opinion.

LonePudding
01-05-16, 10:02 AM
I give up now. Better luck next time I guess.

goombajoe
01-05-16, 10:07 AM
I really don't think people had an issue with time as they did with the constant glitches getting through the levels.

The glitches were definitely one of the huge problems. That, and the fact that almost everything was "make ingredients in the mixer, then bake" made it so it wasn't fun. Zero variation at all in the challenges and it was basically "wait for the mixer" or "wait for a dumb NPC". Poor design overall, topped with a lame reward (a gaudy gingerbread house).

tuffyjkitten
01-05-16, 10:10 AM
I stopped after goal 12, learning the gingerbread house. I'm fine with that. Continuing to make holiday recipes to use up the ingredients and generate coins, but not continuing with the goals.

One of my major New Years resolutions was not to let these games dictate my life. It got too crazy with events over the holidays in 6 different games at the same time. Sure I had time off then to spend playing, but no timers and clock-watching anymore.

ghjvcucjb
01-05-16, 12:34 PM
I stopped after goal 12, learning the gingerbread house. I'm fine with that. Continuing to make holiday recipes to use up the ingredients and generate coins, but not continuing with the goals.

One of my major New Years resolutions was not to let these games dictate my life. It got too crazy with events over the holidays in 6 different games at the same time. Sure I had time off then to spend playing, but no timers and clock-watching anymore.
I'm right there with you Tuffyjkitten! I stopped a long time ago at the last step. Although not an actual resolution, I decided a few weeks ago that I will no longer **** myself over several games just to finish goals. Instead I will make a decision to participate based upon the reward. And even then, I give my permission not to have to finish if it becomes overwhelming. Wow, does this mean I'm maturing? Hope not.

Marmalademuffin
01-05-16, 02:02 PM
Not going to make it. Still making gingerbread houses but just plain out of time. I think having an extra mixer would have helped a lot in this event. It was fun, better than no event and I am not overly disappointed with not earning the last few prizes. I've played since the beginning but was busy a lot during the holidays.

catfoodie
01-05-16, 02:08 PM

For me the problem was that everything required mixer. I don't mind checking game often during events, but when almost every recipe require something from mixer it gets pretty annoying fast. For gingerbread cookie you have to make 5 items on mixer, for gingerbread house the amount is even more. I really don't think it's fair to require players to check on game every 10/30 minutes during the day in order to make items just to make one recipe. If it would be few different appliences I guess it wouldn't be that bad. Not to mention the glitches and the amount of spices, cutters the npc drop. Considering that the quest was during the holidays and people have real life it was hard to complete the event for a lot of people according the forum. And the final reward wasn't that great for the amount of time you have to put into finishing this event :/

vickyville14
01-05-16, 02:32 PM

She did start dropping spice again; thanks for the encouragement!

HarleyQuinn28
01-05-16, 04:55 PM
For me the problem was that everything required mixer. I don't mind checking game often during events, but when almost every recipe require something from mixer it gets pretty annoying fast. For gingerbread cookie you have to make 5 items on mixer, for gingerbread house the amount is even more. I really don't think it's fair to require players to check on game every 10/30 minutes during the day in order to make items just to make one recipe. If it would be few different appliences I guess it wouldn't be that bad. Not to mention the glitches and the amount of spices, cutters the npc drop. Considering that the quest was during the holidays and people have real life it was hard to complete the event for a lot of people according the forum. And the final reward wasn't that great for the amount of time you have to put into finishing this event :/

I agree. Im only on step 13. The mixer situation was very frustrating and it was so busy during the holidays. I hate when they have things like this during the holidays. Especially Christmas when so many travel and are on vacation. I know it's a choice to participate but still frustrating none the less because I hate not being able to complete things and obviously I wanted the prize too.

LonePudding
01-05-16, 05:05 PM
I am a little worried about future events... I couldn't complete this having time off, now the new year has started, I'm back to my normal schedule. Things have to become easier.

LonePudding
01-05-16, 07:25 PM
My mixer has broken since the event ended. I had peppermint frosting already made waiting to be collected when I opened the game again, and it turned up as a white cube in the mixer. I thought nothing of it as the frosting has left the game now. But I just made some normal icing/frosting and the same thing happened. When I press the white cube, nothing gets collected, wasting my ingredients.

Anyone else experiencing this?

janddolphins
01-05-16, 07:35 PM
Thanks LonePudding (quoted you but it's not showing up), I have a chronic illness so used to this, I go through periods where I can't sleep and periods where all I do is sleep. I'm hoping another nights sleep helps get me over whatever bug triggered this.

Shame I missed the event. I'm not saying they didn't give enough time but I think we have to remember the timing. I was away on vacation with my family half of it and sick the other half the the odds where against me. Yes, it would have been nice to say I completed first event but my New Years Resolution is not to be as addition to my S8 games and I've even found some other pretty cool games that are either completely free or have a confirmation so it's a win win :)

Congrats to those who made it, and those who had glitches like me and real life happen remember it's a game meant to make you happy, not stress you out so if it is stressing you maybe it's time to rethink.

For now I'll continue playing BS2 at my own pace as I originally planned :)

Carbuck
01-05-16, 08:51 PM

Thanks LonePudding (quoted you but it's not showing up), I have a chronic illness so used to this, I go through periods where I can't sleep and periods where all I do is sleep. I'm hoping another nights sleep helps get me over whatever bug triggered this.

Shame I missed the event. I'm not saying they didn't give enough time but I think we have to remember the timing. I was away on vacation with my family half of it and sick the other half the the odds where against me. Yes, it would have been nice to say I completed first event but my New Years Resolution is not to be as addition to my S8 games and I've even found some other pretty cool games that are either completely free or have a confirmation so it's a win win :)

Congrats to those who made it, and those who had glitches like me and real life happen remember it's a game meant to make you happy, not stress you out so if it is stressing you maybe it's time to rethink.

For now I'll continue playing BS2 at my own pace as I originally planned :)

I'm with both of you in your thoughts about these games as it relates to the impact it makes on your life. I was able to make it to the finish only because I felt it was designed to frustrate and make us give up or spend loads of money on the game. I became determined to finish without spending a dime.

I have become more reluctant to spend too much time on these games. I pass up a number of events where I think it will take too much of my time and that the prize is not a big incentive for me. I believe this BS2 event was my first and will be the last if future ones are like this.

For me BS2 was only downloaded to pass the time when I waited on things to cook, evolve in my other games. That's what I will be going back to.

Congrats to all who made it and good luck to those who want to affect changes in the game so that you can enjoy it more in the future.

Ciao!

alexsjusa
01-05-16, 09:27 PM
Aww shucks I made everything but somehow missed the deadline; I slept through my alarm lol! Oh well I don't get the gingerbread house but I made a boatload of money! Still have a house cooking now! I wonder if that's why Noelle still pops by to only give coins and you still have the option to make cookies and fruitcake? I guess that's a glitch!

juliet12321
01-05-16, 10:17 PM
Why are the foods and items back again??? They were gone but I had issues with pantry limits (the pantry said 60 but when buying food it said 80) but the goal foods were gone. Now the items, food and Noelle are back!!!!

phatzs
01-05-16, 10:37 PM
Is there a reason why the holiday recipes and ingredients are still showing up?

LonePudding
01-05-16, 11:25 PM
Too bad Noelle isn't dropping any more spice and the goal is gone. I thought there was extended time!

phatzs
01-05-16, 11:37 PM
Too bad Noelle isn't dropping any more spice and the goal is gone. I thought there was extended time!

I know right. If they are gonna keep the recipes in there they should have her keep dropping the spice

Rynetory2
01-05-16, 11:42 PM
Perhaps this is just extra time for those with remaining spice to use it up. :)

nuttynicky
01-06-16, 03:14 AM
I didn't even attempt the last goal. I couldn't play much during the school holidays as I try not to play games too much around my kids so I think I did pretty well to get as far as I did. Having to craft so much stuff with short craft times just wasn't going to happen for me. If I was able to play as often as normal then the time wouldn't have been a problem but I agree that timed events aren't achievable for some people.

I don't mind timed events generally but personally don't like them over Christmas as it's a busy enough time. I like that this game is generally one I can pop in & out of when I get chance without worrying about food spoiling, etc so there's no time pressure. I took the event as far as I could without losing time with my family. I'm happy with that. The money I made during the event has helped with expansions & unlocking things too.

I know other people love extended timed events as they get through the regular goals quickly. You can't please everyone!

alexsjusa
01-06-16, 05:42 AM
I didn't even attempt the last goal. I couldn't play much during the school holidays as I try not to play games too much around my kids so I think I did pretty well to get as far as I did. Having to craft so much stuff with short craft times just wasn't going to happen for me. If I was able to play as often as normal then the time wouldn't have been a problem but I agree that timed events aren't achievable for some people.

I don't mind timed events generally but personally don't like them over Christmas as it's a busy enough time. I like that this game is generally one I can pop in & out of when I get chance without worrying about food spoiling, etc so there's no time pressure. I took the event as far as I could without losing time with my family. I'm happy with that. The money I made during the event has helped with expansions & unlocking things too.

I know other people love extended timed events as they get through the regular goals quickly. You can't please everyone!

I just did it for the money ��������! I hope you made tonnes of it!

etoile1996
01-06-16, 08:49 AM
Why are the foods and items back again??? They were gone but I had issues with pantry limits (the pantry said 60 but when buying food it said 80) but the goal foods were gone. Now the items, food and Noelle are back!!!!

Aargh!! This is ****ing me. I kept accidentally hitting Jenny and getting more infernal cookie cutters and I can't get rid of them!! They were gone giving me back 16 slots in my pantry and now they are back! It is so annoying!!!

LonePudding
01-06-16, 09:42 AM
Aargh!! This is ****ing me. I kept accidentally hitting Jenny and getting more infernal cookie cutters and I can't get rid of them!! They were gone giving me back 16 slots in my pantry and now they are back! It is so annoying!!!

The cookie cutters were never meant to take up pantry space. I managed to save up over 100 of them because they weren't counted.

patayita
01-06-16, 09:51 AM
I only got to step 11, which is disappointing. We got three weeks to finish, but it wasn't enough for me. Really, the price wasn't worth it, but it just shows how unrealistic this quest is. I played constantly, and I'm sad that I waisted all the time on something I did not complete. I really think that the next quest in BS2 should be easier and more enjoyable. But at least I have over 300,000 coins now and I'm just going to enjoy the regular quests :)

alexsjusa
01-06-16, 09:56 AM
I only got to step 11, which is disappointing. We got three weeks to finish, but it wasn't enough for me. Really, the price wasn't worth it, but it just shows how unrealistic this quest is. I played constantly, and I'm sad that I waisted all the time on something I did not complete. I really think that the next quest in BS2 should be easier and more enjoyable. But at least I have over 300,000 coins now and I'm just going to enjoy the regular quests :)

Then it was worth it financially then? You made lots of expensive dishes and got lots of money for it! Not sure what level you are at but definitely keep making those $5 and $8 dishes mostly besides you orders so you can earn more!

patayita
01-06-16, 10:17 AM
Then it was worth it financially then? You made lots of expensive dishes and got lots of money for it! Not sure what level you are at but definitely keep making those $5 and $8 dishes mostly besides you orders so you can earn more!

Yes, financially it was worth it, but I'm not satisfied because I did not get the final price. All I wanted to say is that the creators behind BS2 need to think more realistic and make the next quest more enjoyable for the players. Some people will maybe disagree with me, but it's ok :)

cherrycolafreak
01-06-16, 10:19 AM
Surprisingly, I finished the goal but now I am unable to store the gingerbread house.

Just like with that ugly wall painting that can't be put into storage, now it's happening with the final goal prize.

Can't be stored!
What's up with that?!?

phatzs
01-06-16, 11:06 AM
Surprisingly, I finished the goal but now I am unable to store the gingerbread house.

Just like with that ugly wall painting that can't be put into storage, now it's happening with the final goal prize.

Can't be stored!
What's up with that?!?

I was able to store mine. Maybe try force closing your game or even uninstall/reinstall it and see if that helps

hushkat
01-06-16, 11:12 AM
My game kept storing items "behind" the gingerbread house before it stored the house. Maybe that's what's happening?

enaid03
01-06-16, 12:02 PM
Yes, financially it was worth it, but I'm not satisfied because I did not get the final price. All I wanted to say is that the creators behind BS2 need to think more realistic and make the next quest more enjoyable for the players. Some people will maybe disagree with me, but it's ok :)

I think you are right. I realized that a little too late. I'm trying to save coins and I realized that two days before the end.

BUT COME ON. This was the holiday season. We should be spending time with our families and loved ones, not glued to a game. Every year, S8 disappoints. I actually was a fool to set a timer several times in order to meet requirements. Then I look across the room and see my niece I haven't seen in a year because she lives 4500 miles away. And that reminds me that S8 thinks we are going to buy gems in order to finish some of these ridiculous quests. And as I see her smile, my game goes away and I resign the fact that I believe S8 is probably sitting home with their families enjoying the holiday laughing at us for a game.

Sorry, I missed the gingerbread house by a couple of bakes. Even tried to buy it at the reduced price several times and that failed. Oh well. Was not meant to be.

kooky panda
01-06-16, 12:17 PM

Can't be stored!
What's up with that?!?
I was able to store mine. Can you post a screen shot when you try to store ? You should have the little box at the bottom with the green arrow to tap.

ghjvcucjb
01-06-16, 12:27 PM
I was super happy the recipes came back yesterday so I could keep making gingerbread for tons of money. Unfortunately it took me a few taps to realize the elf wasn't dropping the spice any more. Wasted all yesterday and a ton of ingredients before i realized it. Darn it!

alexsjusa
01-06-16, 01:52 PM

Yeah I totally understand! I had my alarm set to wake me before the event finished so I could click on my final house and I slept right through it apparently. So I only got that offer to buy at 60 gems! No thanks! Not like I really decorate the bakery; I immediately place and store everything lol! I was disappointed but I'm over it!

janddolphins
01-06-16, 07:05 PM
I think you are right. I realized that a little too late. I'm trying to save coins and I realized that two days before the end.

BUT COME ON. This was the holiday season. We should be spending time with our families and loved ones, not glued to a game. Every year, S8 disappoints. I actually was a fool to set a timer several times in order to meet requirements. Then I look across the room and see my niece I haven't seen in a year because she lives 4500 miles away. And that reminds me that S8 thinks we are going to buy gems in order to finish some of these ridiculous quests. And as I see her smile, my game goes away and I resign the fact that I believe S8 is probably sitting home with their families enjoying the holiday laughing at us for a game.

Sorry, I missed the gingerbread house by a couple of bakes. Even tried to buy it at the reduced price several times and that failed. Oh well. Was not meant to be.

I was in the same position as you, it was a choice to see family I have not seen in a while or play the quest a bit too much. Being sick at the end for the final 2 days did not help either as I was close and maybe just maybe if I went crazy those days I would have finished but sticking to my resolution.

I have to say as a postive comment the overall format I did not mind although it would have been nice to include other appliances, something to think for the future. I plan on staying around long enough to at least see the next event so hope to enjoy it :)

And I do agree it was nice to make money and I leveled up once more (will have to update that now, but getting to the scary levels, 24 now)

Looking forward to chatting with everyone again when the next new thing comes out!

etoile1996
01-06-16, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Lone Pudding:
The cookie cutters were never meant to take up pantry space. I managed to save up over 100 of them because they weren't counted

Oh, I didn't realize that. I would have clicked in Jenny more had I realized no don't usually take the time to add up what's in the pantry to realize what is and isn't being counted. Regardless, I dislike having a useless item on there. It's also annoying to have the recipes and holiday specific ingredients back on the pages. All these items have a timer, why didn't they expire at the end of the event?

kooky panda
01-07-16, 09:11 AM
Oh, I didn't realize that. I would have clicked in Jenny more had I realized no don't usually take the time to add up what's in the pantry to realize what is and isn't being counted. Regardless, I dislike having a useless item on there. It's also annoying to have the recipes and holiday specific ingredients back on the pages. All these items have a timer, why didn't they expire at the end of the event?

These recipes have been extended due to some issues during the goals. They will be removed soon.

phatzs
01-07-16, 09:55 AM
These recipes have been extended due to some issues during the goals. They will be removed soon.

Man I wish I would have known they were extending the time on the recipes, I wouldn't have rushed to use up all my spice.

LonePudding
01-07-16, 11:23 AM

Can you clarify why they were extended? I still don't understand.

catfoodie
01-07-16, 11:44 AM
Can you clarify why they were extended? I still don't understand.
I'm thinking due to issues with completing steps when you would master the recipe and it wouldn't be counted so you would sit with the same goal for a few days. Regardless, I don't really understand how they are extended if the elf doesn't drop spices, even if you would be on the last stage many people didn't have enough spices to keep going so it just seems really weird that recipes is still there, but you can't make them.

phatzs
01-07-16, 12:35 PM
I was under the impression at least from past experience that once the timer ran out, that was it. Everything would disappear. Why wasn't the extension announced prior to the timer running out?

goombajoe
01-07-16, 12:46 PM
Because they can't seem to get things right. And what does the recipe extension matter if the goals are gone? Or if the elf doesn't drop spice at all?? lol

patayita
01-07-16, 01:18 PM
What's is the point with extending the time to cook the recipes if Noelle doesn't drop spice?

phatzs
01-07-16, 01:19 PM
Shoot my elf doesn't even stop by anymore lol

LonePudding
01-07-16, 02:28 PM
I'm thinking due to issues with completing steps when you would master the recipe and it wouldn't be counted so you would sit with the same goal for a few days. Regardless, I don't really understand how they are extended if the elf doesn't drop spices, even if you would be on the last stage many people didn't have enough spices to keep going so it just seems really weird that recipes is still there, but you can't make them.

Exactly, if the event was actually extended, including the goals and Noelle, I would've finished by now. But because she was stingy with her spice, I didn't get to save any :( and I agree with phatz, an announcement would've been nice. Even it there was just a little pop up.

goombajoe
01-07-16, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure it's actually extended. I think they just haven't patched it out properly yet.

LonePudding
01-07-16, 07:17 PM
The holiday ingredients and recipes have left the game again. Probably for good this time.

Moissonor
01-08-16, 09:13 AM
The holiday ingredients and recipes have left the game again. Probably for good this time.
I check the number of items in the pantry. There is a difference between this number and the one we see when I want to select new items (the number is higher) . The differences are 4 in one case and 5 in another case.
? +.
Moissonor
BelleMoisson

goombajoe
01-08-16, 10:54 AM
My pantry number is off frequently too. If I check how many items I have on the store screen it's more than how many it says when I go directly to the pantry. It's really messing up baking.

gerrywerry
01-08-16, 12:49 PM
My pantry number is off frequently too. If I check how many items I have on the store screen it's more than how many it says when I go directly to the pantry. It's really messing up baking.

Mine is as well. Played this morning for the 1st time in a couple of days and it says I have 98 items in my pantry when I go to buy something but when I click on my pantry I have 79 items. I can't delete anything so I cannot buy make anything except sugar biscuits lol.

VanaCatu
12-14-16, 06:34 AM
Are they just reusing all the event stuff from last year? I checked the two goals that showed up for me and they look the same as last year. One of them even gives out the winter spice from last year's event as a reward. At this point, my theory is that it's all the same and that since I completed last year's event and got the gingerbread house, there's nothing else to do.
well, let's hope they will announce something new next week (they did it in regular rs and bs, i've seen: re-released old goals, and then opened brand new too).
in the meantime, i'm pretty happy with this re-release! this was the first quest in bs2, and it was the only one i didn't finished: too low level i was, plus all this pre-holidays troubles, bla-bla...
and now, here we are! i just opened my game - and apparently i have 3 recipes done from 5 required for "holiday spirit 15 of 16", AND i have 81 (!!!) cookie cutters in my pantry! lol )))

so i'll get my ginger house this time! yay! :)

grega228
12-14-16, 09:11 AM
I have a problem ... this is the last year goal ... I didnt finished ... but now the elf dont drop me the blue thing that I need ... also have a goal to place gingerbread house as first one ... and cost 150 gems ... some help...

tuffyjkitten
12-14-16, 09:43 AM
I didn't finish this one last year either. It started me where I left off on goal 13. Maybe I will finish this time!

grega228
12-14-16, 10:53 AM
Any idea on my post before?

[S8] Elsa
12-14-16, 11:41 AM
Any idea on my post before?

Can you restart app and check storage?

sadgame
12-14-16, 07:42 PM
I don't remember wether I finish last year goal, just know that I have some ingredients left. How ever I'm also facing the problem of Noelle the elf not dropping anything. Tried a lot of times, confirmed she didn't drop anything not even coin.....

BonnieBobbles
12-15-16, 04:02 AM
Can someone tell me if there is a recipe as reward at end of this goal? Judging by the HUGE amount of recipes (some 4hours) you are supposed to master & the fact that Jenny only drops 2or3 cutters every 4 hours/Noelle the elf 2 or 3 icing every 2 hours to complete this they should have left it up for the whole year!!!!

ethan1brothers
12-16-16, 12:59 AM
Ok, my MIXER is on fire. This is ridiculous that the mixer is needed so mush and we can only have 1!!!! I have no room because I can't get 300,000 to expand with all the other things to learn and unlock. Vanilla, coconut, latte... Costing me a fortune! No left over money to expend.

Lower the cost of expansions
Give us another mixer
Maybe DOUBLE DECKER food counters?? So we don't need to take so much room with counters?

erm you can get more mixers I have 3 .......

Natasha_07
12-16-16, 09:40 AM
I didn't finish this event last year so I'm glad for the opportunity. :)

Fressie
12-16-16, 11:37 AM
I finished the goal last year so this year it's only giving me the option to finish the placing of the gingerbread family and the decor, and since they need gems to complete, I'm sure I will skip them again this year. No elf dropping anything and no recipes for me. ��

hushkat
12-16-16, 07:30 PM
I keep getting a notification that there is a Christmas goal with Noelle, but I don't have any new challenges or goals. I finished the event last year, is there nothing new for me this year?

Rynetory2
12-16-16, 08:47 PM
Can someone tell me if there is a recipe as reward at end of this goal? Judging by the HUGE amount of recipes (some 4hours) you are supposed to master & the fact that Jenny only drops 2or3 cutters every 4 hours/Noelle the elf 2 or 3 icing every 2 hours to complete this they should have left it up for the whole year!!!!

The reward is the Gingerbread House (decoration) when you complete Goal 16. :) All goals are listed in Post 1.

Rynetory2
12-16-16, 08:51 PM
I don't remember wether I finish last year goal, just know that I have some ingredients left. How ever I'm also facing the problem of Noelle the elf not dropping anything. Tried a lot of times, confirmed she didn't drop anything not even coin.....

I finished the goal last year so this year it's only giving me the option to finish the placing of the gingerbread family and the decor, and since they need gems to complete, I'm sure I will skip them again this year. No elf dropping anything and no recipes for me. ��

I don't get Noelle too, given I've finished this last year.

tuffyjkitten
12-17-16, 06:22 PM
I don't get Noelle too, given I've finished this last year.

That's sad, given that this appears to be the only holiday goal. Those that finished should still have the ability to make the recipes so that there's something they can participate in. :(

sadgame
12-17-16, 07:12 PM
That's sad, given that this appears to be the only holiday goal. Those that finished should still have the ability to make the recipes so that there's something they can participate in. :(

Yup, agree. Can see all the recipes but can't participate......at least let us make the x'mas recipes, that s good enough with me

txjenn
12-17-16, 11:51 PM
I have an issue with Noelle the elf.

When she sits down in the bakery she displays the winter spice above her head. When I click on her the winter spice disappears and it is not in my pantry. It's been going on for a couple of days.
Storm Id Txjenn

Rynetory2
12-18-16, 04:17 AM
I have an issue with Noelle the elf.

When she sits down in the bakery she displays the winter spice above her head. When I click on her the winter spice disappears and it is not in my pantry. It's been going on for a couple of days.
Storm Id Txjenn

Did you complete this last year? You won't get spice from her if you did. If not, try restarting your device and check when she comes again.

txjenn
12-18-16, 12:10 PM
Yes I completed the quest last year and have mastered all of recipes. But all the recipes are showing on my ovens and I can't make any of them because I don't have winter spice. I need money to open new recipes and ingredients so I would have made all of items anyway even though I completed the quest last year. Really weird that you put them in the bakery but don't give the winter spice?

gangstagran
12-19-16, 05:29 AM
While I'm happy to do these goals as I only started the game in January so didn't really participate in last year's event it does seem unfair that the people who finished previously don't even have the opportunity to cook the food. Has BS2 been abandoned??

Natasha_07
12-19-16, 12:46 PM
The drop rate from Noelle is too low, I'm stuck trying to master some of the recipes the goals require. :(

LHbaker8
12-20-16, 04:13 PM
Smh at the lack of anything for Christmas. I finished the spice drop goal from last year, so nothing for me at all.

There is some decor in the market, but it's nothing new, just a re-offer of last year's. Oh and it is almost all priced with gems, so that's a no-go. Guess the developers just didn't want to be bothered :(

BonnieBobbles
12-22-16, 03:07 AM
This goal is turning out to be impossible.. I can see how people never managed to finish last year.. I have gotten to step 13 and need 51 winter spices for completing recipes on this goal alone!! I won't get far at the rate Elf the Noelle drops every 2 hours.. Just 1 single one the last two drops....1 winter spice.. COME ON BS2.. this is unacceptable..

gangstagran
12-22-16, 11:47 AM
I also do not think I will finish this goal but I will continue making the food as it is quite cute and also brings in a fair amount of coin. My concern is that this is the only storm 8 game of this type not to have had a new Christmas quest which is making me wonder if they are intending to just let this game run out of steam as they did with Fashion Story. Nothing seems to be happening regarding neighbours and the few goals we do get are all the same. If they do abandon it it would be a shame as this is one of the nicest of their games with cute characters.

Citrie
12-28-16, 06:18 PM
This is my first year with this event, and Im debating not finishing it all the way just so I can cook the cute food next Christmas. I really like seasonal items and its a shame people who complete the event no longer have access to Christmas food. I imagine it discourages many players who either want something new or something festive.

CammoAmmo
12-29-16, 09:28 AM
This is my first year with this event, and Im debating not finishing it all the way just so I can cook the cute food next Christmas. I really like seasonal items and its a shame people who complete the event no longer have access to Christmas food. I imagine it discourages many players who either want something new or something festive.

I hope if they use it for a third year straight they will let us bake the food if we already completed it! I have not opened bakery story in so long because I feel so bored with the game! It's such a big letdown to look forward to the goals for your favorite holiday and get absolutely nothing. :(

bobbyrae
01-03-17, 01:43 PM

Thanks for this warning hushkat. I'm on the last part now and am thinking I may just not bother to complete the goal at all. Will just continue to cook as much of the recipes as I can until the end.

For those struggling, it may be a bit late now, but I just mastered whatever I could with whatever winter spice I had available. So when it required me to do one recipe that required two winter spice but Noelle dropped only one spice, I just went ahead and cooked whatever I could with the one spice until I got two or three spices from Noelle in a single drop. By the time I got to that part of the goal that required those other recipes, I had already mastered them so could fly through that part of the goal.
The gingerbread houses are ridiculous though.