PDA

View Full Version : Come share the rare Dragons that Elude Your Island (upper level players)

blackeneddove
12-13-15, 02:41 PM
Ok! I wanted to start a thread for upper level players (I will say level 100 and up) who have certain dragons that have just never joined their island. This thread is for those supposedly "rare" two color dragons (or three color - as long as it is considered "rare" - super rare dragons need not apply here :cool:).

For me, the ones who stand out the most are Fairy, Music, and Cosmic. It seems like every island I come across has these seemingly "rare" and "easy to breed" dragons.

I'm level 143 and they just don't like me for whatever reason. :confused: I've never bred them.

OH - that is until just now! I finally got my first Fairy as a fail! lol - and I've been playing for an entire year.

Are there any "RARE" dragons that just seem to avoid you at all costs? Especially players who've been playing for a long time. (but others are welcome, too ;) ) Please share them! I'm very interested to know! :)

hiabarara
12-13-15, 03:11 PM
I'm level 111 and I just got my first Music on Thursday and my first Cosmic on Friday (and two more right afterwards) :D

But I never got a Butterfly dragon. I see players at level 8 and they have multiple ones and it seems as common as Life or Landworm, but I never had one shrugs It's no big deal for me, but it still surprises me :)

blackeneddove
12-13-15, 03:35 PM
I'm level 111 and I just got my first Music on Thursday and my first Cosmic on Friday (and two more right afterwards) :D

But I never got a Butterfly dragon. I see players at level 8 and they have multiple ones and it seems as common as Life or Landworm, but I never had one shrugs It's no big deal for me, but it still surprises me :)

I know what you mean! I did really want a fairy (I generally like most of the dragons with the fairy base), but not having a music dragon is no big deal really. It just surprises me that I've never bred one since they are only considered "rare". The same with Cosmic, which I really would like so that I can try for Eclipse or Saturn.

Speaking of single types, I've also never bred a Dino or a Tropic. Also no big deal, but strange.

jjblueyes
12-13-15, 04:04 PM
I can't get get Helios and I can't get a few really annoying dragons, castle, jester,chess I can't get bubble to save my life. Hunter or bat. Troll, dark steel and medusa. I'm missing many newer ones but these dozen or so I just can't get! Bah!

jjblueyes
12-13-15, 04:06 PM
I know what you mean! I did really want a fairy (I generally like most of the dragons with the fairy base), but not having a music dragon is no big deal really. It just surprises me that I've never bred one since they are only considered "rare". The same with Cosmic, which I really would like so that I can try for Eclipse or Saturn.

Speaking of single types, I've also never bred a Dino or a Tropic. Also no big deal, but strange.

I have Dino and tropic but none of the other ones of their type...

DeeDe99
12-13-15, 04:46 PM
Kitsune! I've given up, at least for the moment!

I bred Triceratops before I ever saw sight or sign of Dino. Really odd, but there you go. I'm level 107 and don't YET consider that I'm struggling to get any particular dragon because I've only been playing since August. I've just scored my second Metal type, Armor (which I didn't even know existed, so a surprise!).

Like many, the Diamond hybrids prove elusive, other than Crusader and Gold - they LOVE my island with a passion - although really I haven't been trying for Diamonds much lately as I need to level up the ones I do have. So maybe I shouldn't say they are elusive just yet! I did breed Diamond/Scorpio a few times trying for Black Diamond or Mercury, but no luck so far.

I have no Mythic, no Cosmic and no Tropic yet. I tried Diamond/Infinity heaps of times (resulting in Stone, Metal and Triceratops) to get the minor types, plus got Aries from Diamond/Scorpio. I'd like some Cosmic, I love the habitat! Given I got my first stone, metal and dino type dragons from that pairing, I assume the other three minor types will come in time.

I just got Fairytale overnight as a Present fail. I tried for Fairytale many times before, nothing - now I get it as a fail for something else! That, I find, often happens to me.

No Egypt, Valentine or Soccer either, but Valentine hasn't been available, I don't think, since I've been playing, soccer I can live without, frankly, and Egypt I just haven't got around to trying for.

Edit: natsu_d just reminded me about Moon. That eludes me too, so much so I'd forgotten I gave up!

Xyn25
12-13-15, 07:10 PM
Crusader! I tried for it more than 200 times with no luck. I know it's ultra rare and all, but I bred Quetzal, Black Diamond and now Gold no problem.
Also Zodiac. I bought the habitat once but the dragon turned out to be a Social fail and it still avoids me.

DeeDe99
12-13-15, 07:27 PM
Crusader! I tried for it more than 200 times with no luck. I know it's ultra rare and all, but I bred Quetzal, Black Diamond and now Gold no problem.
Also Zodiac. I bought the habitat once but the dragon turned out to be a Social fail and it still avoids me.

I've traded Crusaders - there are only so many any one island needs and I kept getting them. I've kept a spare. Now Infinity - THAT was difficult for me.

natsu_d
12-13-15, 07:46 PM
I can't breed Helios or moon to save my life. I even bought a second breeding den and charge it when a boosted breed weekend comes around. Still no luck. I still have hope it will drop for me someday!!

owa411
12-13-15, 08:08 PM
This may sound ridiculous but everyone I visit (or at least try to visit) has Wooden, Treefrog, Metal hybrids (I'm still failing to get Armor or Gadget for that matter). I have a great number of black hybrids, but the black/green ones (like hunter/troll) are giving me a hard time. I have been playing for nearly 3 years, have over 310 unique dragons but a "simple" double rainbow is still no show...
Thnx for this thread, needed to vent a little ;)

Clark_Wayne
12-13-15, 08:55 PM
No Egypt, Valentine or Soccer either, but Valentine hasn't been available, I don't think, since I've been playing, soccer I can live without, frankly, and Egypt I just haven't got around to trying for.

just to precise : egypt and soccer are not breedable : we got them from old world event ;)

DeeDe99
12-13-15, 08:58 PM
excellent news, Clark! Well, re soccer anyway. Egypt might have been nice, Cleopatra would make a great dragon, think of Sorceress!

amalsaba
12-13-15, 09:32 PM
I've traded Crusaders - there are only so many any one island needs and I kept getting them. I've kept a spare. Now Infinity - THAT was difficult for me.
How did you get infinity? I know you got it while you had the diamond temple activated but what combo did you use?

DeeDe99
12-13-15, 09:50 PM
How did you get infinity? I know you got it while you had the diamond temple activated but what combo did you use?

Diamond and Crusader. That's probably why I got a lot of Crusader fails! I just checked, Diamond and Crusader for all. I had Crusader and Diamond already, it was trying to get Quetzal that drove me to get the Temple, I was over the whole Diamond/Forest thing. The parents of Diamond were Love and Jewelry. Very fitting I thought.

pernmagic
12-14-15, 03:36 AM
The more difficult black diamond and prism hybrids evaded me after nearly 2 years , caved in and bought dark angel but also cannot get Archangel or Siamese .....why because the black splits in so many combos and with 300 + dragons I have all the super rare long breeding evolving times purple / blue and get frustrated with the long breeding times to only have a repeat repeat fail ..... But some dragons just don't want to live with us ..... But try intermittently always hoping :)

Good thread....

Annica5
12-14-15, 04:32 AM
I've played over 2 years, level 190, and I've tried and tried for Black Swan/Mask/Flamingo. Bah humbug. Are they really breedable?

And since I have a lot of the zodiacs you'd think Bat would have been a fail, but no. Black hybrids...

Good thread, I feel better now :)

Xyn25
12-14-15, 04:38 AM

I've traded Kitsunes... imagine how great it would be if we could trade dragons between us. I could also offer a spare Black Swan I have lying around.

hiabarara
12-14-15, 05:36 AM
I'm sinply talking about a Butterfly Dragon that I never got and you guys complain about Diamond Hybrids :D The difference is huge here :D
I tried many times for a Diamond, but at the moment I simply wait for one to be on sale. I usually bred Purple/Pink/White/Black because these are my favorite simple types and I hate to get too many red/green/yellow/blue fails (well, tbh I'm not a big fan of these types in general). But after a while it got too frustrating, so I tried for other dragons. But then you see another dragon you really, really want and you try for weeks and it's just as frustrating as trying for a Diamond (I'm looking at you, Cauldron!)

just to precise : egypt and soccer are not breedable : we got them from old world event ;)I was really upset when I figured that out a while ago because I really like Mummy. All world events I've been a part of only had decorations and sometimes a nice dragon, but no new types or even habitats (I so desperately want to get habitats as world event prizes again :c)

tengoambre123
12-14-15, 07:21 AM
I'm at level 128 and have never been able to breed a rainbow or fairytale type whatsoever. I only have sweet tooth from crafting and Hook from the wheel. I got lollipop from a world event as well as splatter from tales, and bred sour gummy. But for some reason, i can never ever breed the base dragons and end up with fruitful and mist fails galore. Black hybrids seem to love my island, but i find it very hard to breed hybrids from special minor types. They ALWAYS seem to split and the only one i've gotten is Darksteel

Xyn25
12-14-15, 08:47 AM
Well, as a matter of fact I don't have Butterfly either :D
Pink and green hybrids avoid me too. I tried a lot for Cupcake, Winter Lily, Balloon, Flower, Pansy, and got nothing.

zyfazix
12-14-15, 12:07 PM
Messenger, Disco, Hippogriff and Troll keep avoiding me :(. Have also tried for Teacup multiple times

amerirish
12-14-15, 12:30 PM
Level 183, been playing for just over 2 years.

Can't get an Arctic Diamond Hybrid to save my life :(

On the main island, I have no luck with Troll, Night Elf or most of the black types. Also, Zodiacs don't seem to like me very much.

zayn95
12-14-15, 12:40 PM
I've been trying for moon and night elf for months. I'm almost to the point of giving up.

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 03:54 PM
Hmm... this thread took on a life I never intended. When I said "rare" dragons, I simply meant that. I know super rare and ultra rare are hard to breed, that's expected. Even rare three-color dragons. But when you are at level 143 and have never bred a "rare" fairy, music who are only two colors, or cosmic dragon... Not to mention Dino & tropic. I just wanted to see if I was the only one.

I guess I am. lol

I don't even have half of the ultra-rare stuff many are complaining about. Oh well. :)

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 03:56 PM
Oh. I've also never bred a Leo, but have managed to breed a Taurus & an Aries. Weird, huh?

Oh well, I guess you can all carry on with complaints of never breeding the super rare/ultra rare stuff. lol :rolleyes:

DeeDe99
12-14-15, 05:48 PM
Hmm... this thread took on a life I never intended. When I said "rare" dragons, I simply meant that. I know super rare and ultra rare are hard to breed, that's expected. Even rare three-color dragons. But when you are at level 143 and have never bred a "rare" fairy, music who are only two colors, or cosmic dragon... Not to mention Dino & tropic. I just wanted to see if I was the only one.

I guess I am. lol

I don't even have half of the ultra-rare stuff many are complaining about. Oh well. :)

I am sorry! I should never have mentioned Kitsune, I think that kinda threw everyone off. :( I need reading lessons, clearly!

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 06:29 PM
I am sorry! I should never have mentioned Kitsune, I think that kinda threw everyone off. :( I need reading lessons, clearly!

No, no dear! It's not just you. Don't worry about it.;) I'm just glad people are having fun chatting within the thread, even though it wasn't what I originally created it for. :)

I basically wanted to see if my island was the only lame one. Apparently so. lol

DeeDe99
12-14-15, 07:13 PM
LOL I don't think yours is the only one with genetic challenges.

I've just checked my stats.

Including unhatched eggs in storage and stuff on the nest at the moment, I have:

Rarity

Count
Percentage

Common
13.37%

Rare
40.11%

Super Rare
39.04%

Ultra Rare
7.49%

Realistically, I don't know what I don't have because I don't know everything available yet.

The Rares I have (excluding duplicates) are:

8 Bit
Ambassador
Amethyst
Aries
Armor
Banshee
Bat
Beast
Bride
Butterfly
Candy Corn
Cloud
Cosmos
Dino
Druid
Emerald
Explorer
Fairy
Fairytale
Fireflash
Firemane
Flower
Franken
Gemstone
Gilded Knight
Graffitti
Healer
Holographic
Hypnotic
Iridescent
Jewelry
Knight
Laserlight
Loch Ness
Lorekeeper
Lotus
Maple
March Mayhem
Meadow
Metal
Night
Paradise
Past
Patchwork
Pearl
Pegasus
Penumbra
Picnic
Pixie
Plum Blossom
Quartz
Rainbow
Rose
Royal
Scarecrow
Seafarer
Seer
Smoke
Sour Candy
Splatter
Stone
Storm
Tree Frog
Trickster
Virtue
Waverider
Wild
Wizard
Wooden

So take into consideration my level and playing time and compare yours and mine. Although you won't have exactly the same, I am sure you have many more that I don't even know exist!

MaribouMay
12-14-15, 07:15 PM
I have been playing for over 2.5 years and many rare dragons still elude me. Based on my breeding combos I should have Bat (please, please, please), Dapper, Golem, Hook, Humming, Hunter, Lavender, Lunar Rainbow, Paradise, Plum Blossom, Red Queen, Tropic (had an empty habitat for over a year, finally sold it just before the recent big expansion), Winter Lily (have tried soooo many times), and Wooden.

DeeDe99
12-14-15, 07:24 PM
MaribouMay, Wooden was one of the first dragons I ever bred. Like you Winter Lily has stayed away - I thought it was no longer available, I will try again if it is still there. (Mental note to self, check the market, DeeDe). I also got Bat quite early, but sadly have done little with him. Now I have a Fairytale, I'll try for Red Queen. The rest you mention I've not tried for yet. Edited to add - except Paradise which was another early birth on my island.

owa411
12-14-15, 07:30 PM
I don't have Wooden either. It's like i stated before -> even those simple ones are too hard for me to breed...

MaribouMay
12-14-15, 07:36 PM
I don't have Wooden either. It's like i stated before -> even those simple ones are too hard for me to breed...

I think that there are so many dragons now that it can be difficult to breed a specific dragon no matter its rarity. This is my issue with the trios being introduced to DS. It works okay in FFS where there are maybe 1/3 as many animals. But I digress ...

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 07:45 PM
I have been playing for over 2.5 years and many rare dragons still elude me. Based on my breeding combos I should have Bat (please, please, please), Dapper, Golem, Hook, Humming, Hunter, Lavender, Lunar Rainbow, Paradise, Plum Blossom, Red Queen, Tropic (had an empty habitat for over a year, finally sold it just before the recent big expansion), Winter Lily (have tried soooo many times), and Wooden.

I feel your pain. lol :D Well, on Winter Lily for sure (isn't she SO lovely!?). But at least she is three colors, so I guess a bit harder to breed, but I've gotten 3 cupcakes while trying to get her! :confused: <headdesk>

The only ones I have bred out of your list above are Golem, Lavender, and Dapper, so I'm missing all those as well. :rolleyes:

See! This is the other reason I wanted to share. I figure maybe if those of us who haven't bred certain Rare dragons (and in all likelihood should have by now because they are only "rare" and we are well over level 100) can share with each other, and maybe we can help each other to breed them!

Because maybe our islands have something in common somehow? Like I would really like to know how to breed a cosmic. I even bred a Rapunzel when she came out & never got a Cosmic or Music. lol

Anyway, I have been pretty good about keeping a list for most of the ones I've been really excited about, or that have taken me a while to breed.

For Lavender, I used Familiar & Black Swan. (My 2nd Lavender was bred using Lavender. lol)
For Golem, I used Diamond & Diamond.
For Dapper, I used Gatekeeper & Kitsune. My 2nd Dapper was bred with Bubblegum & Moon.

Maybe one of these combos can help you! :D

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 07:49 PM

Since Wooden was released, I've bred like 4 Butterflies & 3 scorpions, but no wooden. lol

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 07:58 PM
I can't get get Helios and I can't get a few really annoying dragons, castle, jester,chess I can't get bubble to save my life. Hunter or bat. Troll, dark steel and medusa. I'm missing many newer ones but these dozen or so I just can't get! Bah!

Hey Jen! :)

Out of those "rare" dragons, I don't have any of the ones you mentioned either. I do have a Castle though, (and Jester - which is Super Rare). I won't even go into the lack of Ultra-rare's (or super rares for that matter) in this thread. lol

For Castle & Jester (along with Shell, who is the only Tropic type dragon I have), I used Diamond & Diamond.

Diamond & Diamond has been a powerful combo on my island for single color dragons, which for whatever reason, I have unable to breed any other way.

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 08:05 PM
Well, as a matter of fact I don't have Butterfly either :D
Pink and green hybrids avoid me too. I tried a lot for Cupcake, Winter Lily, Balloon, Flower, Pansy, and got nothing.

I finally bred my first Flower at like level 141, too. LOL! :D Trying for Winter Lily. I think I used Dawntree & Lacewing.

I've also bred 2 balloons & four Pansy dragons.

I for sure bred both a Balloon and Pansy with the Malachite & Pixie combo.

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 08:11 PM
I've played over 2 years, level 190, and I've tried and tried for Black Swan/Mask/Flamingo. Bah humbug. Are they really breedable?

And since I have a lot of the zodiacs you'd think Bat would have been a fail, but no. Black hybrids...

Good thread, I feel better now :)

Thanks! I'm glad you feel better. I think that's what the forums are for! :D

I also want to say I feel ya on the Mask/Flamingo thing, but I haven't been playing as long as you - that must be so frustrating!

I also wanted to share my combo for Black Swan in case it may help. I feel like maybe our islands can help each other some how...lol... Like we're in the "non-rare breeding" caretakers club or something. :D

For Black Swan, I got lucky with Bubblegum & Moon. :o

Do you remember any of your Zodiac Combos? I had so many people tell me I would breed a Leo one day, but nope. lol
But what I really want is a Gemini. I'm a Gemini and have tried SO hard to get one, but...nope again! lol

blackeneddove
12-14-15, 08:17 PM
Level 183, been playing for just over 2 years.

Can't get an Arctic Diamond Hybrid to save my life :(

On the main island, I have no luck with Troll, Night Elf or most of the black types. Also, Zodiacs don't seem to like me very much.

I've been trying for moon and night elf for months. I'm almost to the point of giving up.

Even though I was mainly focused on Rare dragons, that won't stop me from addressing the "night elf" thing, because I wanted one SO badly for so long. And when I finally got one I was beyond ecstatic!! :D

I will just say if you are lucky enough to have two diamonds, never underestimate the breeding power of Diamond & Diamond (or infinity I guess, if you don't have another diamond) to breed single types. I have gotten a Night Elf from them (though not my first, which I got through Soulmate & Lotus).

I also got both my Zodiacs (Taurus & Aries) from them as well. :)

I keep a list for all the cool dragons I've gotten just from Diamond & Diamond. lol

Also - Amerirish, I have gotten no arctic diamonds. It seems beyond impossible at this point. I would love to know whenever you get one! :D

Xyn25
12-14-15, 10:24 PM
Even though I was mainly focused on Rare dragons, that won't stop me from addressing the "night elf" thing, because I wanted one SO badly for so long. And when I finally got one I was beyond ecstatic!! :D

I will just say if you are lucky enough to have two diamonds, never underestimate the breeding power of Diamond & Diamond (or infinity I guess, if you don't have another diamond) to breed single types. I have gotten a Night Elf from them (though not my first, which I got through Soulmate & Lotus).

I also got both my Zodiacs (Taurus & Aries) from them as well. :)

I keep a list for all the cool dragons I've gotten just from Diamond & Diamond. lol

Also - Amerirish, I have gotten no arctic diamonds. It seems beyond impossible at this point. I would love to know whenever you get one! :D

I 'm definitely trying Diamond + Diamond next. Maybe I'll finally get a Zodiac that way!

DeeDe99
12-14-15, 10:31 PM
I think that there are so many dragons now that it can be difficult to breed a specific dragon no matter its rarity. This is my issue with the trios being introduced to DS. It works okay in FFS where there are maybe 1/3 as many animals. But I digress ...

I think it is a valid digression. The mathematical laws of probability. Too many possible outcomes and it starts to be like buying a lottery ticket.

It may well be that DS has reached the level of maturity where an overhaul of the underlying breeding logic is required. The problem with that is the investment required on what is now a three year-old platform (or longer?).

DS is still, in my opinion, the best game in the Storm 8 stable. As have no doubt most of us, I've downloaded many to earn the rewards for DS. Not one has held my interest long term. Castle Story is already annoying me with the energy depleting constantly. Who can be bothered?

hiabarara
12-15-15, 07:44 AM
I feel your pain. lol :D Well, on Winter Lily for sure (isn't she SO lovely!?). But at least she is three colors, so I guess a bit harder to breed, but I've gotten 3 cupcakes while trying to get her! :confused: <headdesk>

The only ones I have bred out of your list above are Golem, Lavender, and Dapper, so I'm missing all those as well. :rolleyes:

See! This is the other reason I wanted to share. I figure maybe if those of us who haven't bred certain Rare dragons (and in all likelihood should have by now because they are only "rare" and we are well over level 100) can share with each other, and maybe we can help each other to breed them!

Because maybe our islands have something in common somehow? Like I would really like to know how to breed a cosmic. I even bred a Rapunzel when she came out & never got a Cosmic or Music. lol

Anyway, I have been pretty good about keeping a list for most of the ones I've been really excited about, or that have taken me a while to breed.

For Lavender, I used Familiar & Black Swan. (My 2nd Lavender was bred using Lavender. lol)
For Dapper, I used Gatekeeper & Kitsune. My 2nd Dapper was bred with Bubblegum & Moon.

For Winter Lily I used Virtue/Fuzzy. I never got Cupcake, but I got Flower, Pansy and Lorekeeper.
And for Cosmic I used Air/Magic. I was trying for Cosmic and Royal, and I got Cosmic (three in a row!), Trickster and Music.

MaribouMay
12-15-15, 09:10 AM

Funny, I have sold so many Cosmos! It is one that frequently visits my isle. I agree the Winter Lily is harder because of having three colors. That one is pink certainly doesn't help either. And I got a Cupcake trying for it too. Just one so far.

Thanks for the breeding combos. I haven't been able to breed a Kitsune either. I guess I will be trying the Diamond-Diamond combo.

MaribouMay
12-15-15, 09:17 AM
I think it is a valid digression. The mathematical laws of probability. Too many possible outcomes and it starts to be like buying a lottery ticket.

It may well be that DS has reached the level of maturity where an overhaul of the underlying breeding logic is required. The problem with that is the investment required on what is now a three year-old platform (or longer?).

DS is still, in my opinion, the best game in the Storm 8 stable. As have no doubt most of us, I've downloaded many to earn the rewards for DS. Not one has held my interest long term. Castle Story is already annoying me with the energy depleting constantly. Who can be bothered?

I quit CS a long time ago. Like you, I have played many (all that have been goals) DS and FFS are the only games I still play.

I wonder how many will be able to complete the trio. I am trying and have had no luck on either dragon released so far. On FFS I already have the first of the current trio and it came out after the DS trio.

amerirish
12-15-15, 09:31 AM
.....Also - Amerirish, I have gotten no arctic diamonds. It seems beyond impossible at this point. I would love to know whenever you get one! :D

I will definitely keep you posted - as a matter of fact, I'll probably post a thread with big, shouty capital letters! lol :D

I'm so determined to beat this odd and get the last three Arctic dragons. One benefit I've noticed for people with low coin counts: when you breed in the Arctic Isles, the cost is 200 coins. When you sell your fails, you get 1,000 coins so you actually make a profit on fails.

MaribouMay
12-15-15, 09:48 AM
I will definitely keep you posted - as a matter of fact, I'll probably post a thread with big, shouty capital letters! lol :D

I'm so determined to beat this odd and get the last three Arctic dragons. One benefit I've noticed for people with low coin counts: when you breed in the Arctic Isles, the cost is 200 coins. When you sell your fails, you get 1,000 coins so you actually make a profit on fails.

I have all the Arctic-Diamond hybrids. It took constant breeding for months with a spare Crusader (any diamond type will work). I was obsessed with completing my Arctic Isles and now only go there to request maps.

amerirish
12-15-15, 11:18 AM
I have all the Arctic-Diamond hybrids. It took constant breeding for months with a spare Crusader (any diamond type will work). I was obsessed with completing my Arctic Isles and now only go there to request maps.

Congrats! I've read others saying they go there to request maps. I don't understand that, could you please explain how that works? Thanks :)

MaribouMay
12-15-15, 11:42 AM
Congrats! I've read others saying they go there to request maps. I don't understand that, could you please explain how that works? Thanks :)

When you are expanding on your main isle, you can still request maps from the Arctic isle. Just act as if you want to expand there and request maps. It is the same as on your main isle except the number of maps required for expansion may be less so you might not be able to request enough to expand on your main isle, but it will help. If you are fully expanded in the Arctic isle, you are out of luck.

BiteMe111
12-15-15, 12:17 PM
Hah, while reading this thread, the following string of thoughts was going through my head:
"Lavender? I don't have it, though never really tried for it."
"Oh! (excited "Oh!") Someone posted a combo they used for it."
"Oh! (disappointed "Oh!") They used Black Swan. I've never been able to breed Black Swan".

Other than these two, definitely some other pink hybrids (such as Porcelain or Neverending) are missing on my isle. And Moon.

For the longest time, my second dragon on the breed wish list was just a rare two-color: Holographic. I love the looks of its epic form, especially the stuff on its tail and head. For many many months, while breeding blue with another color, I was adding green to the mix, hoping for a Holographic fail. Which can turn one into a real islandophobe, as I was getting Island after Island after Island. Finally, some 2-3 weeks ago, the elusive Holographic visited my nest... and the funny part is that it happened right before first I needed food for the Tales dragons, then I bought a few gold producing dragons and the Prime Chroma and bred my #1 wish list guy (Eclipse), so the poor Holographic is sitting at level 1, even though I wanted it for the level 10 looks.

I really really wish we could swap dragons with other players. I see a couple people lusting for Cosmic... geez, how many Cosmics did I sell when trying for Eclipse! Not to mention a couple of Sorceress doubles I had to delete and other dragons I'm sure someone would give a loving home to.

blackeneddove
12-15-15, 12:51 PM
For Winter Lily I used Virtue/Fuzzy. I never got Cupcake, but I got Flower, Pansy and Lorekeeper.
And for Cosmic I used Air/Magic. I was trying for Cosmic and Royal, and I got Cosmic (three in a row!), Trickster and Music.

Thank you! I haven't tried that combo for Winter Lily. I will try it out (after this Present/Future business is over lol)...Also will give Air/Magic a try for Cosmic. :) I don't know that I've ever bred those two together exclusively while trying for purple/yellow dragons.

I have bred 4 cupcakes. (^_^; ) One I bred using a cupcake...lol... but the other 3 I bred with Quetzal/Cotton Candy, Quetzal/Melody, and Kitsune/White Rose.

blackeneddove
12-15-15, 01:04 PM
Hah, while reading this thread, the following string of thoughts was going through my head:
"Lavender? I don't have it, though never really tried for it."
"Oh! (excited "Oh!") Someone posted a combo they used for it."
"Oh! (disappointed "Oh!") They used Black Swan. I've never been able to breed Black Swan".

Other than these two, definitely some other pink hybrids (such as Porcelain or Neverending) are missing on my isle. And Moon.

LOL! This made me laugh. Yes, I figured someone would mention Black Swan & Moon. Lavender I didn't try for, but it was a fail I got while trying for Divine (which I shout for joy the day I finally get ;)).

I just realized I forgot to post the lucky combo which got me a Moon = Gatekeeper & Kitsune (I think I was trying for mask/flamingo)

For Kitsune (which I love like Night Elf & shouted for joy when I got it), I used Crusader & Justice (was trying for Unicorn).

The Plasma & Smoke combo got me both a Teacup & a Porcelain.

I also just bred my first Never-ending last week during the boost. I guess I didn't record what I used :(, but I ended up getting a 2nd Neverending with Diamond & Cupcake, while trying for Winter Lily. (yes, sorry...I know Cupcake doesn't help unless you have one!Can't remember now who said they didn't have it...)

So, if those of you reading hadn't noticed, out of all of these combos I posted were the result of fails. LOL.

The only one I used and actually got what I was trying for was the one for Teacup. I just had a good feeling. ;) The rest of them..."fails." But good fails.

The Diamond x Diamond combo I use when I get bored of trying for hybrid colors and experiment just to see what I get. Usually always get something cool. :) I think I've only gotten a Magic fail from the combo once! :D However, I did get Mythic like 3 times in a row one time, so I wasn't too happy about that. lol I would have loved an Atlas or something.

DeeDe99
12-15-15, 05:04 PM
For Winter Lily I used Virtue/Fuzzy.

I just checked that is one combination I didn't try (I tried just about everything else). Will try!

stefen35
12-16-15, 05:43 AM
dragon that i try hard already but i still cant get it :( i think hundred tries already :b)
-cerberus( the top one also :b)
-hook (the top one)
-cherry blossom
-mask(this one is really tough :( i could get flamingo but this one is ridiculous)
-present right now ( 20 tries already)
-triple rainbow
-double rainbow
-prism
-dark angel
-ANGEl
-diamond prism
-astromancer
-etc

ALso winter lily i try hard already and still cant get it
one day i got 15 hours and suddenly there were a glitch and the breeding den was empty ,so i tried the same combo and got fuzzy instead :( so sad

Jackiesq
12-16-15, 06:35 AM
I miss even common dragons, most because I didn't try yet. Level 124, playing 7 months, on my first of 2 id's. I tried very hard for 1, and still doesn't have it! It was the first "special" type on my 2nd id, so I can't beleave why Mythic doesn't want to be on my islands... 😢 Have all yellow/red combo's, but still trying from time to time to get it. Changed from Fire+Air to Crusader+Air so I can get Gold as new fail. I think that will show up earlier... 😉

amerirish
12-16-15, 07:14 AM
When you are expanding on your main isle, you can still request maps from the Arctic isle. Just act as if you want to expand there and request maps. It is the same as on your main isle except the number of maps required for expansion may be less so you might not be able to request enough to expand on your main isle, but it will help. If you are fully expanded in the Arctic isle, you are out of luck.

OOOHHHH, I see now. Thanks for explaining; I guess I'm out of luck then :(

blackeneddove
12-16-15, 08:59 AM
I miss even common dragons, most because I didn't try yet. Level 124, playing 7 months, on my first of 2 id's. I tried very hard for 1, and still doesn't have it! It was the first "special" type on my 2nd id, so I can't beleave why Mythic doesn't want to be on my islands... �� Have all yellow/red combo's, but still trying from time to time to get it. Changed from Fire+Air to Crusader+Air so I can get Gold as new fail. I think that will show up earlier... ��

Which "common dragons" do you not have?? Mythic is considered a "rare" type. ;) I hope you get one soon!

zayn95
12-16-15, 01:17 PM
No Leo, Taurus or Aries for me either.... You are not alone.

MaribouMay
12-16-15, 11:10 PM
OOOHHHH, I see now. Thanks for explaining; I guess I'm out of luck then :(

Bummer! I almost got there as I was using up my maps earned on Spin the Wheel to clear land in my Arctic Isle, mostly so I wouldn't feel like it was a waste to get them. Thankfully, I still have a couple of squares on the lower level left.

Jackiesq
12-17-15, 02:55 AM
Which "common dragons" do you not have?? Mythic is considered a "rare" type. ;) I hope you get one soon!

I know, that that's a rare, ultra rare it seems to be for me... 😕
Olympus in breeding den now! Yesterday got Hera (rare) and Scylla (common)! Apollo (I think that's my last common) still missing...

DeeDe99
12-17-15, 05:15 AM
Present is one VERY Rare dragon eluding my island presently. :( :(

Jackiesq
12-18-15, 02:37 PM
Still trying for Past, but I have Present and 5 new dragons as fails for the trio now (I try to forget the other fails): Griffin, Hera, Scylla, Athena and Apollo!
What to do now? Olympus did good work, no Sunrises, only 1 Fruitful but no new fail outputs now...
Trying for Mythic as fail with Sunrise + Fire?
Or back to my first combo Sunrise + Diamond and hoping for 2 new dragons that gives 44hour fails for Past?
Sometimes the craziest combo gives the best result... 😉

popcorn_belle
12-20-15, 04:23 AM
No Cosmic dragon here, past and future dragons still elude me.

Been trying to breed Infinity dragon by 2 diamond dragons but I got 3 zodiac dragons (Leo, Aries, Taurus), 2 Fairytale (fairytale, chesshire) and 1 royal (castle).

stevenlee2905
12-20-15, 04:42 AM
Maybe this sounds funny, but I got my first Parakeet two days ago (I am lvl. 113 now), lol... :D I saw many of my neighbours have Parakeet dragon in their island, even lower level neighbours, I was wondering why it's very hard for me to get even one, and finally got one as a "fail" for Present dragon two days ago. Another dragons that I think many have it, but I can't seem to get one are Honeybee and Butterfly, maybe they don't like my island, lol... ;D

mylord7
12-20-15, 06:38 AM
Another dragons that I think many have it, but I can't seem to get one are Honeybee and Butterfly, maybe they don't like my island, lol... ;D
Perhaps, you need some flower decorations to attract the attention of these specific 2 dragons. That's the way they were finally caught in my net... :p

stevenlee2905
12-20-15, 06:45 AM
Perhaps, you need some flower decorations to attract the attention of these specific 2 dragons. That's the way they were finally caught in my net... :p

I did, I renovated my island, put some flower decorations, there're also some flower decorations around the breeding den and nests, but they still didn't want to come, sigh... :(

LocalNews
12-20-15, 06:59 AM
Same for me although moon is the one I have put the most effort into. Let's hope both dragons are in our futures.

MaribouMay
12-20-15, 09:40 AM
Maybe this sounds funny, but I got my first Parakeet two days ago (I am lvl. 113 now), lol... :D I saw many of my neighbours have Parakeet dragon in their island, even lower level neighbours, I was wondering why it's very hard for me to get even one, and finally got one as a "fail" for Present dragon two days ago. Another dragons that I think many have it, but I can't seem to get one are Honeybee and Butterfly, maybe they don't like my island, lol... ;D

I just got my 4th Parakeet fail trying for Present. It is crazy! I'm not speed breeding either. All Fruitfuls and Parakeets.

We may need a companion thread for which super rares are common on your isle?

irishbaker3
12-20-15, 11:58 AM
I still have not be able to get Humming, Tropic, and many of the rare pink/purple dragons like Pixie. Ive also been trying for roughly 6 months to get the elusive Astromancer! I keep hoping the 13hr timer will finally pop up!!!!

Jrod333
12-27-15, 04:11 PM
Only dragons that elude my island are those never released to android. So therefore I need those. More specifically about 20 champion type dragons. Oh and I really want underworld and Magma , platinum, magnetic, and steempunk, Apherdite, Ares, and Posiden. I'd also like to get Egyptian dragons and habitat. Breedables... Got em all

jjblueyes
12-28-15, 05:36 PM
Only dragons that elude my island are those never released to android. So therefore I need those. More specifically about 20 champion type dragons. Oh and I really want underworld and Magma , platinum, magnetic, and steempunk, Apherdite, Ares, and Posiden. I'd also like to get Egyptian dragons and habitat. Breedables... Got em all

Wow! You are a rock star!

cascadia59
12-29-15, 12:16 PM
Great thread! Glad to hear others are frustrated too! For me, on my IOS account, it's chess, crown prince, saturn and I've been trying for over a year for triple rainbow. Also cannot seem to get Mercury and Gold, and yet on my smaller Android account, they were the first 2 diamonds I got! I have to say that generally speaking, i can breed dragons with much more success on the Android than on the IOS - perhaps its the small perk for all of the other deficiencies. For example - I had little trouble just breeding all 3 of the Christmas dragons on Android and I'm still stuck on my millionth fail for Present on iOS and it looks like I just ran out of time. Finally - no luck with diamond/blacks and so I caved and just bought the Prime Eternal - of course that's probably the whole point - motivation to purchase.

Jrod333
12-31-15, 10:27 AM
Wow! You are a rock star!

Thanks ;-). I've been playing 3 years now and I would every dragon ever released if TL were not unfair_________ to android

blackeneddove
01-09-16, 12:18 PM
No Cosmic dragon here, past and future dragons still elude me.

Been trying to breed Infinity dragon by 2 diamond dragons but I got 3 zodiac dragons (Leo, Aries, Taurus), 2 Fairytale (fairytale, chesshire) and 1 royal (castle).

LOL - I got those same EXACT dragons from breeding Diamond & Diamond. Except Leo. Still don't have one of those yet. I ended up getting infinity from trying for Quetzal with Diamond & Forest. Still not sure if that is a intended change to breed for infinity by using a single color with a diamond, or if that was really what is known as the "infinity glitch". Not sure if people are still getting infinities by trying for diamond hybrids or not.

blackeneddove
01-09-16, 12:20 PM
I just got my 4th Parakeet fail trying for Present. It is crazy! I'm not speed breeding either. All Fruitfuls and Parakeets.

We may need a companion thread for which super rares are common on your isle?

I think this is a fabulous idea. LOL! I couldn't tell you how many Landworms I've gotten... enough to rival the dreaded Fruitful dragon! Tons of Parakeets while trying for Present, too. :)

luckyaa7
01-09-16, 08:44 PM
I have been trying for sugar skull since October and still haven't gotten it yet...

Simdiva
01-10-16, 12:00 AM
The rare dragons that elude me are all the tropics and all the stones except stone. I somehow managed prism but no other stone hybrids. Took me forever to get the fsirys but then they all came at once except for the cat. I have only Saturn from comics so defiantly short there. Other than that my Colors and types are in decent shoes for rares and even supers for the most part, blacks being the only week spot on supers.

DeeDe99
01-10-16, 01:12 AM
I think this is a fabulous idea. LOL! I couldn't tell you how many Landworms I've gotten... enough to rival the dreaded Fruitful dragon! Tons of Parakeets while trying for Present, too. :)

With me it is Cupcakes. Great idea, I agree too!

savage_mel
01-10-16, 09:34 AM
I'm level 145 and have been playing on and off for about 3years . I can't get a Rainbow for the life of me! I've had more Mists than I can count and even several Socials, which are supposed to be super rare.

blackeneddove
01-10-16, 09:44 AM
I'm level 145 and have been playing on and off for about 3years . I can't get a Rainbow for the life of me! I've had more Mists than I can count and even several Socials, which are supposed to be super rare.

I finally got a Rainbow at like level 137 or something - so very recently! I got it during a boosted breeding weekend during the time that Puffer was out. Man, I tried so hard to get that dragon! Never got him though. I bet if it weren't for the boost, I still wouldn't have a Rainbow. They seem so hard to get! Fairy was that way for me, too.

I'm totally gonna start the "sister" thread to this for Super Rare dragons. :D

Bastiaan0
01-10-16, 11:12 AM
There is just one dragon I've been trying to breed (or at least made it a possible outcome) regularly: Elements.
And limited dragons somehow don't like my island, during Christmas time I tried to breed Peace, Giftwrap, Hanukkah, the ****ens Trio, New Year and Eve, but only got Present...

Edit: Due to auto correction the name of the writer of 'A Christmas Carol' is cencored, but I think we all know who Charles D. was ;)

mayday2001
01-10-16, 11:37 AM
I can't breed neon or divine. Had at least 20 rose dragons as fails. Also have no metal or fairytale hybrids other than those crafted or won in events like sour candy and brightsteel and one hook that I won on a spin
Also tried for months for Siamese and archangel (white/black/blue) and had numerous godmother aether and dark phoenix(all super rare) as fails
I'm level 184. Been playing over 2 years

blackeneddove
01-10-16, 12:29 PM
I can't breed neon or divine. Had at least 20 rose dragons as fails. Also have no metal or fairytale hybrids other than those crafted or won in events like sour candy and brightsteel and one hook that I won on a spin
Also tried for months for Siamese and archangel (white/black/blue) and had numerous godmother aether and dark phoenix(all super rare) as fails

Yep. I don't have any of those dragons either. I know how you feel! Oh- but I did just get my first metal hybrid, Gadget, while trying for Eve dragon. But you know - Sour Candy is a breedable dragon! So you must have bred him somehow. ;-) Oh! Maybe you meant that other one, the little craftable fairytale hybrid...what was it called...

Also weird that I too won Hook on a spin. My only other Fairytale hybrid.

Bastiaan0
01-10-16, 12:59 PM
Thankfully I got Neon from the wheel, seems incredibly hard to breed because of the black and pink in it.
If there are no specific dragons to breed for I like to breed Neon with Gold and see what comes out of it (145 possibilities!).

Yep. I don't have any of those dragons either. I know how you feel! Oh- but I did just get my first metal hybrid, Gadget, while trying for Eve dragon. But you know - Sour Candy is a breedable dragon! So you must have bred him somehow. ;-) Oh! Maybe you meant that other one, the little craftable fairytale hybrid...what was it called...

Sweet Tooth (Rainbow/Fairytale)?

mayday2001
01-10-16, 04:44 PM

Yes sorry I meant sweet tooth lol. Our accounts seem similar. I've also never bred Anubis, infinity, either of the prisms or astromancer. But have 4 Mercury 3 quetzal, 2 crusader, 2 angel and 2 diamond and one unicorn

blackeneddove
01-10-16, 07:49 PM
Yes sorry I meant sweet tooth lol. Our accounts seem similar. I've also never bred Anubis, infinity, either of the prisms or astromancer. But have 4 Mercury 3 quetzal, 2 crusader, 2 angel and 2 diamond and one unicorn

Our accounts DID seem similar lol... I can't breed a Mercury or angel or unicorn, no matter what I try. I'm actually trying for angel right now. Currently on light fail #6 ^_^;

I do have an infinity though. Got it while trying for Quetzal with diamond & forest. Still not sure if that was a "glitch" or a breeding change. Just glad that I got one, but when I first started trying for Quetzal I remember thinking, "with my luck I will end up with an infinity before a Quetzal, just because I'm trying to get a Quetzal." And sure enough, I did! LOL

Anaboe
01-11-16, 10:40 AM
In order of releasedate and availability (dragons I don't have and still want):
anubis
tiny
unicorn
dark angel
mask
medusa
helios
saturn
cheshire
golem
mossrock
turquoise
rex
icecrown
prism
turtle
castle
goldwing
icicle
jester
ninja
snowangel
owl
valkyrie
chrome
cyber
darksteel
double rainbow
mech
armor
gadget
cerberus
hook
oracle
trojan
aries
chess
melody
black diamond
dapper
gemini
pixie
archon
cancer
goldleaf
horizon
dionysus
hades
nyx
zeus
astromancer
athena
divine
fates
iris
diamond prism
fluffy
lunar rainbow
birthstone
sterling silver
forbidden
healer
emberglow
macaw
disco
charisma
flamingo
honeysuckle
invisible
prime energy
prime life
prime loyal
prime magic
prime power
seafarer
plum blossom
cartographer
cauldron
sour candy
duchess
fruition
winter lily
northstar
jingle bell
hot chocolate
prime eternal
eve

Tiny is the oldest (non-diamond) one that keeps eluding me, but the black and purple-hybrids are very difficult as well. Medusa, Mask, those.

I'm lvl 191, playing over 3 years now. I have 481 unique dragons.

blackeneddove
01-11-16, 10:52 AM
Anaboe - I don't have a Tiny dragon, either! I really like that one, too. I guess it doesn't like my island yet.

Many of those you list are harder dragons to get, I think, because they're not "rare" but Super Rare or Ultra rare. Fruition, I believe, also isn't available by breeding - along with the Gold-type dragons you listed.

The "Rare" ones are the ones I really scratch my head at...thinking... if it's supposed to be "rare" then why can't I get one??

Especially the OLD rare ones you do have listed, being that you've been playing for over 3 years! You'd think you'd be able to breed them by now. So weird, huh?

blackeneddove
01-11-16, 11:01 AM
Speaking of other "Rare" dragons - I know he's expired now, but I tried SO hard to get that Puffer dragon when it came out. It's only a "rare" two color, and while I know it was limited... I got my first Social dragon & my first Rainbow while trying for that little guy! Never got him. I really wanted that little guy.

blueangel826
01-11-16, 03:44 PM
Thought I'd be OK adding to this even though I'm lvl 99! I just want a Diamond! Have tried so many 4 color combos but fail! Still don't have a plan Rainbow either. Trying 2 be patient but am frustrated! Thanks for letting me vent

blackeneddove
01-11-16, 05:37 PM
Thought I'd be OK adding to this even though I'm lvl 99! I just want a Diamond! Have tried so many 4 color combos but fail! Still don't have a plan Rainbow either. Trying 2 be patient but am frustrated! Thanks for letting me vent

LOL! I wish you luck in getting both a Rainbow & a Diamond! :) Lvl 99 is plenty high enough! :D

lisa8040
01-11-16, 05:41 PM
I'm level 120, been playing for 5 months now! Everyday! I never stop trying for Moon or messenger! Never have any luck! My neighbor was trying for Smoke because I have it..she got moon on her FIRST try! LoL! Just my luck! :-)

blackeneddove
01-11-16, 07:54 PM
I'm level 120, been playing for 5 months now! Everyday! I never stop trying for Moon or messenger! Never have any luck! My neighbor was trying for Smoke because I have it..she got moon on her FIRST try! LoL! Just my luck! :-)

Ooh! Good luck getting one! I hear many complain about moon & how hard it is to breed. I got lucky and got one as a "fail" one day. I think I had been playing for about 6-7 months.

stefen35
01-12-16, 04:58 AM
some dragons which still eluding my island
-mask
-cerberus
-hook
-triple rainbow
-double rainbow
-sour candy
-tie dye
-siamese

Bastiaan0
01-12-16, 10:35 AM

If you have Smoke, breed it with Night. Because black splits so easily I thought it was a good idea to put an extra black in the pool. Got it second try with that combo :)
Not to discourage you, but it took me a total of 131 breeds to get Moon. The other 129 combo's I used (and never worked) were Night/Light and Diamond/Smoke.

pernmagic
01-12-16, 11:02 AM
Still hunting Archangel ...... :) intermittently anyway

roguebee
01-12-16, 01:43 PM
The one rare dragon I need for my main account is Moon.

blackeneddove
01-14-16, 05:36 PM
Ok! I wanted to start a thread for upper level players (I will say level 100 and up) who have certain dragons that have just never joined their island. Especially those "rare" two color dragons.

For me, the ones who stand out the most are Fairy, Music, and Cosmic. It seems like every island I come across has these seemingly "rare" and "easy to breed" dragons.

I'm level 143 and they just don't like me for whatever reason. :confused: I've never bred them.

OH - that is until just now! I finally got my first Fairy as a fail! lol - and I've been playing for an entire year.

Are there any dragons that just seem to avoid you at all costs? Especially players who've been playing for a long time. (but others are welcome, too ;) ) Please share them! I'm very interested to know! :)

Update: Just turned level 150 a couple days ago & as of today I am finally breeding my first Music Dragon! Huzzah! ^_^ Now if I could only get that cosmic...

jim23cash
01-14-16, 05:48 PM
I have been trying for Duchess every day since she was released. You would not believe the amount of Island and Poison fails! Aargh! :P. Annie

zaccy678
01-15-16, 12:08 AM
Rainbow and Mythic avoid my island like the plague.

I just got a rush of some of the other types though, so maybe these will come soon!

Hawk1
01-15-16, 10:36 AM
Got my first Trickster last week @ lvl 152

mayday2001
01-15-16, 12:45 PM
After months of trying, I put jack in the den for tales and randomly picked black cat to breed with. My result: Siamese !!! Yippee! Scratch that one off my list! Now back to neon and divine

lindseyny
01-15-16, 02:41 PM
I'm at level 123 and I don't have:

Plum Blossom
Lavender
Landworm (super rare but I feel like everyone has it!)
Balloon
Wooden
Holographic
Tree Frog
MYTHIC (love him!)
Familiar
Royal
Dino
Kite

JUST got Winter Rose the other day.

justinbieber4444
01-15-16, 05:06 PM
I've been trying for Hook for months! Just can't seem to get it! I think there are now 89 different dragons that can result from the combo that will give me Hook and I think I literally have all but about 4! I'm at Level 200 and have been playing from within weeks of the game's debut.

blackeneddove
01-15-16, 09:44 PM

Plum Blossom
Lavender
Balloon
Wooden
Holographic
Tree Frog
MYTHIC (love him!)
Familiar
Royal
Dino
Kite

OH, you don't want that Landworm... TRUST ME. I was the same way. Everyone had one but me, so I started trying to breed him to no avail. Then one day, suddenly he appeared! But I guess he must have told his family because not soon after he showed up, so did his cousin Larry and uncle Steve. Next came his aunt Mary, and his little sister Sue and baby brother Hermie... then their kids, and their kids pets (which were also Landworms). The pet landworms were also never spayed/neutered, so they had many landworm babies. *headsmack* Worse than rabbits, I tell ya.

Oh - congrats on your Winter Rose, btw! :)

blackeneddove
01-15-16, 09:50 PM
I've been trying for Hook for months! Just can't seem to get it! I think there are now 89 different dragons that can result from the combo that will give me Hook and I think I literally have all but about 4! I'm at Level 200 and have been playing from within weeks of the game's debut.

Wow!! That is ridiculous. I hope you get one soon!!:) I guess I got super lucky when I won him from a spin a couple wheel's back. One of the few good dragons I've won!

I haven't tried to breed Hook, but I have tried to breed Big Bad. Except Big Bad is a super rare, so I guess I won't be getting one anytime soon... I got like 7 Cheshire dragons in the process of trying. lol

lindseyny
01-15-16, 11:33 PM
OH, you don't want that Landworm... TRUST ME. I was the same way. Everyone had one but me, so I started trying to breed him to no avail. Then one day, suddenly he appeared! But I guess he must have told his family because not soon after he showed up, so did his cousin Larry and uncle Steve. Next came his aunt Mary, and his little sister Sue and baby brother Hermie... then their kids, and their kids pets (which were also Landworms). The pet landworms were also never spayed/neutered, so they had many landworm babies. *headsmack* Worse than rabbits, I tell ya.

Oh - congrats on your Winter Rose, btw! :)

LOL! I read on the other thread (which super rare dragon do you seem to keep getting?) that so many people had the same thing happen with Landworm! I guess I'll just cross my fingers and if I get it, I get it. And thank you! I remember Winter Rose was one of the very first goals in the book and I wondered why I still hadn't been able to breed one! Then of course it happened when I wasn't even trying. :D

blackeneddove
01-17-16, 05:45 PM
Update: Just turned level 150 a couple days ago & as of today I am finally breeding my first Music Dragon! Huzzah! ^_^ Now if I could only get that cosmic...

Update again: Cosmic is here!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! :cool::D:o

I also just bred my first Hermes. Not sure how that is since he's a common dragon. I guess I haven't bred my Olympus types enough. ^_^;

blackeneddove
01-17-16, 05:47 PM

Plum Blossom
Lavender
Balloon
Wooden
Holographic
Tree Frog
MYTHIC (love him!)
Familiar
Royal
Dino
Kite

Dang. I would also be happy to give you some of my tree frogs... Idk why those frogs and worms like my island so much. :rolleyes:

blackeneddove
01-17-16, 05:48 PM
LOL! I read on the other thread (which super rare dragon do you seem to keep getting?) that so many people had the same thing happen with Landworm! I guess I'll just cross my fingers and if I get it, I get it. And thank you! I remember Winter Rose was one of the very first goals in the book and I wondered why I still hadn't been able to breed one! Then of course it happened when I wasn't even trying. :D

They always do. At least for me, they always seem to happen when I'm not trying. I definitely wasn't expecting a music when I got one, or a Cosmic dragon from Gold & Artemis. lol

newbie2b
02-07-16, 07:16 PM
Leo, how in the world do I get get Leo so I can try breeding the zodiacs!

blackeneddove
02-09-16, 01:46 PM
Leo, how in the world do I get get Leo so I can try breeding the zodiacs!

You can get Leo from black and yellow. I believe you have to have black on one side and yellow on the other. I'm level 153 and still don't have a Leo dragon lol... But I do have a Taurus & Aries from breeding diamond with diamond.

Good luck getting a Leo! :)

Starwulf99
02-09-16, 11:13 PM
I know this is a thread for dragons you want but haven't gotten, but wanted to share my good fortune. In the last week I've gotten two dragons that I've spent pretty much my entire time in Dragon Story breeding for: Double Rainbow & Diamond. The Diamond I just got tonight by breeding Cursed Rose & Seabreeze. It was funny because when the 44 hours popped up my mind shut down for a moment and I had the distinct thought "oh great, what [] is that, I'm sure it's gonna be something I already have". Then my brain caught up with reality and I screamed "YES I FINALLY GOT IT" and my wife was like "Diamond?" and I said Hell yeah!

blackeneddove
02-13-16, 03:48 PM
Congrats! :) But this thread is for sharing frustrations about not being able to breed simple "rare" dragons. Or helping give tips for how to breed "rare" dragons, not Ultra rare lol

To keep the thread on topic, may I suggest posting your good news in the Diamond dragon thread or the Bragging thread? They are both already in the forum, but I'm not sure how to post links.

Maybe kooky panda can help?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84059-Diamond-Dragon-Part-IV/page17

jg63wi
02-14-16, 05:59 AM
I'm at level 129. I have some of the ones you all have mentioned not being able to get. I don't have a clue how to get a diamond dragon, though. Any suggestions? I did buy and activate the Diamond Temple, but it's probably a waste. Sorry, I just saw the link above to the diamond thread. I was having a hard time finding it. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

pernmagic
02-14-16, 07:52 AM
Ones who still boringly refuse to live with us ...... Archangel and Siamese .....

blackeneddove
02-17-16, 01:30 PM
Ones who still boringly refuse to live with us ...... Archangel and Siamese .....

LOL! I feel your pain. I don't have them either. :/ Maybe one day! :)

Sandybellee
02-25-16, 05:13 AM
Metal! I still don't have one even after breeding white and blue a lot and having most of the super rares with these colors. Will need to make a dedicated effort to get a Metal finally.

blackeneddove
02-27-16, 03:42 PM
Metal! I still don't have one even after breeding white and blue a lot and having most of the super rares with these colors. Will need to make a dedicated effort to get a Metal finally.

Ooh...yes, that is a good one. I hope you get one soon!! :)

Can you believe I forgot I still don't have a Paradise or a Waverider? Lol :D I don't necessarily want either of them though, so that's ok. ^__^

Scarletfyr
03-03-16, 09:15 AM
I have been trying for Neon since the day it came out. I just gave it a break for awhile. I noticed with the new dragon departure, breeding results have seemed to variate. So back trying for neon again with Troll and Virtue. I am trying to avoid the blue & green long fails. Started getting purple and white fails so I tried Troll and fire. Still no luck but interesting fails like Dark Phoenix and Familiar.

ericrypt
03-03-16, 01:13 PM
I'm with you Scarletfyr, I tried neon for MONTHS and after awhile I just said forget it for this "rare" dragon! Not even super rare! lol!

Hawk1
03-03-16, 01:21 PM
Mask..Kite..Neon..Siamese..Archangel

Niire
03-03-16, 02:18 PM
Mistmoth...*cries*, have been breeding on and off for her since I was old enough to. Also, divine, winter rose, winter lily, ice queen, duchess, beaded. I know there are more, lol. I am level 135 and have pined for so long for misty! :(

PrairieGrass
03-03-16, 03:55 PM
I'm level 134 and I still don't have any royal or tropic dragons. I don't have Leo and it's my zodiac sign. Of the ones going away tomorrow ( I think) I don't have Eagle. I don't have any diamonds except for the two hybrids that I bought.

blackeneddove
03-04-16, 03:05 PM
Mistmoth...*cries*, have been breeding on and off for her since I was old enough to. Also, divine, winter rose, winter lily, ice queen, duchess, beaded. I know there are more, lol. I am level 135 and have pined for so long for misty! :(

I think most of the ones you mentioned are Super Rare, not Rare - so they should be a bit harder to get. The Rare dragons should be easier, and there are many old ones I still don't have even at level 157 lol...

Mistmoth is beautiful. She is a Super Rare, though, not a Rare dragon...so harder to breed. (I named my Mistmoth 'Misti' lol :D) I believe I got one while trying for a diamond hybrid, or possibly trying for a black dragon hybrid. Keep trying :)

blackeneddove
03-04-16, 03:08 PM
I'm level 134 and I still don't have any royal or tropic dragons. I don't have Leo and it's my zodiac sign. Of the ones going away tomorrow ( I think) I don't have Eagle. I don't have any diamonds except for the two hybrids that I bought.

Yeah...Eagle is a questionable one to remove. I don't think I bred an Eagle until I started trying for Helios with Diamond and Mythic. And I know I was over level 145 when I bred him. I also only have one tropic dragon, and two of my Royals were obtained by breeding Diamond & Diamond. I don't have a Leo, either. :-/ Nor do I have a Gemini - also a rare dragon - which I really want! (My zodiac sign ;) )

Errena41
03-06-16, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone,

I know this is about rare dragons that eluded out islands. However, I just got Archangel! There are many on here trying for Archangel so I wanted to post my results to help others.

Flame tail LV7 and Lord of Light LV12!

Good luck everyone!

blackeneddove
03-09-16, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone,

I know this is about rare dragons that eluded out islands. However, I just got Archangel! There are many on here trying for Archangel so I wanted to post my results to help others.

Flame tail LV7 and Lord of Light LV12!

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! :D

Bastiaan0
03-15-16, 11:07 AM
There is just one dragon I've been trying to breed (or at least made it a possible outcome) regularly: Elements.
And limited dragons somehow don't like my island, during Christmas time I tried to breed Peace, Giftwrap, Hanukkah, the ****ens Trio, New Year and Eve, but only got Present...

Edit: Due to auto correction the name of the writer of 'A Christmas Carol' is cencored, but I think we all know who Charles D. was ;)

Yeah! :D Finally got my Elements!
Parents are Gold and Neon ;)

stevenlee2905
03-16-16, 08:42 AM
Yay, finally I got my first Butterfly dragon after years of trying, lol.., :D Still working on Honeybee though...

Niire
03-16-16, 09:23 AM
I got duchess, so she can be crossed off the list...and had a very lucky run on super rare olympus types today. Got both dionysus and zues...also got a birthstone, which I didn't have. So three that were eluding me but not on my original list are there now! :D

cdbabe
03-17-16, 01:05 PM
I'm level 194 the dragon I really want was dragon RAINBOW SENTINEL I missed this dragon because TL didn't bother to let some us that we need to update the game and I only find out when it's like 3 days before the events end..

I was so annoyed even up to now because I really want that dragon in my collection :-).

I hope it will come back again

P,S. Add me as your new neighbor if you like cdbabe my codename

stevenlee2905
03-18-16, 03:53 PM
Yay..., finally I got my first Honeybee dragon after years of playing... *got it three days after I got my first Butterfly... :)
I only need Wooden to complete set of my Red-Yellow/Yellow-Red hybrids collection.

jjblueyes
03-23-16, 02:04 AM
Hey Jen! :)

Out of those "rare" dragons, I don't have any of the ones you mentioned either. I do have a Castle though, (and Jester - which is Super Rare). I won't even go into the lack of Ultra-rare's (or super rares for that matter) in this thread. lol

For Castle & Jester (along with Shell, who is the only Tropic type dragon I have), I used Diamond & Diamond.

Diamond & Diamond has been a powerful combo on my island for single color dragons, which for whatever reason, I have unable to breed any other way.

Hey you. I'm sorry! I didn't see you posted this! I still don't have any of the ones I posted! Geez! Anyways I was reading again and saw this and felt bad I missed it! Cheers him!
Jen

blackeneddove
03-30-16, 06:23 AM
Just wanted to share - I am now level 160, and would you believe I just bred my very first Waverider dragon?? LOL

That supposed rare dragon has finally appeared! I honestly kept forgetting about it - it was such a surprise to see.

blackeneddove
04-07-16, 09:20 AM
Ok!! Another "rare" dragon has finally joined me! My first Leo :) at level 162! Used Diamond & Aries. I've bred them about a 100 times before, so it's funny that I'm just now getting a Leo. Hopefully this helps someone else! :)

amalsaba
04-07-16, 03:12 PM
I bred chameleon with sweet tooth and Quetzal on second try following someone's suggestion

blackeneddove
04-17-16, 05:15 AM
I bred chameleon with sweet tooth and Quetzal on second try following someone's suggestion

Ooh! Congrats and thanks for the tip! :)

blackeneddove
04-28-16, 09:29 AM
I finally got an Aurora and a Hunter while trying for toxic! ...and then I got 2 more Hunters while trying for Equinox... :eek:

Hunter is my first green/black dragon at level 165. I didn't think I would ever get a green/black & now I have 3! Lol

I used Azurite and Quetzal.

pernmagic
04-28-16, 10:03 AM
Still missing Anubis and diamond prism from my diamond hybrids

Hawk1
04-28-16, 01:46 PM
Elements.. Always wanted one and bred for it a lot, just never happened.

blackeneddove
05-02-16, 08:13 AM
Elements.. Always wanted one and bred for it a lot, just never happened.

Ooh! I don't have an elements either! :/ Let us know if you ever get one! :)

I did just breed my first Wooden dragon! (Lv 166) Using Surprise & Infinity - hoping for a cherry blossom or starry night. I'm happy to have finally gotten a wooden - didn't think I would ever get one of those either lol. It's the last yellow/red hybrid that I still needed. :)

RocioBM
05-02-16, 06:29 PM
A rare dragon I want is Leo Dragon.

An ultra rare I want: playing since 2012 and still don't have a Diamond Dragon :( I even had a Diamond Temple, but nothing.

jacksusa
05-02-16, 08:37 PM
V

An ultra rare I want: playing since 2012 and still don't have a Diamond Dragon :( I even had a Diamond Temple, but nothing.

Same here, been playing for nearly three years and nothing.

irishcoffee30
05-15-16, 10:06 PM
Level 165 and just got Dapper. BOOM! Only about my 15th time pairing night and diamond. And after a whole lot of water and magics!

Niire
05-16-16, 05:57 AM
Just got a cheshire! :D Was not expecting that!! And a winter lily a few days ago...that was one on my wishlist I can cross off, and cheshire should have been on the list too, lol...I might have to make a new list soon.

For some reason, fluffy and goblin don't want to live here. :p

blackeneddove
05-17-16, 09:05 PM
Just got a cheshire! :D Was not expecting that!! And a winter lily a few days ago...that was one on my wishlist I can cross off, and cheshire should have been on the list too, lol...I might have to make a new list soon.

For some reason, fluffy and goblin don't want to live here. :p

Ooh!! congrats on Cheshire & Winter lily!! :D

I also do not have a fluffy or a goblin, but did breed my very first Bat dragon today! :) I used Quetzal & Pot of Gold.

Care to share your Winter Lily combo?? I love her! ^_^

blackeneddove
05-17-16, 09:06 PM
Level 165 and just got Dapper. BOOM! Only about my 15th time pairing night and diamond. And after a whole lot of water and magics!

Congrats on your dapper dragon!! :D

ETA: Wait... How'd you get dapper with night & Diamond? Did you use crusader perhaps? :confused:

TwiWoods
05-19-16, 02:47 PM
Most of the current rares I'm missing are black, pink or special element hybrids. I have a hard time breeding those.
And lots of limited expired ones (both rare and super rare). I stopped keeping track of limiteds that wouldn't come to my island and missed out on because I was getting too discouraged. So, not sure how many expired rares, but it's a lot.

Oh, and Wildflower, not when it was in game then limited the first time, and so far, not this time either.

kiraalex
05-22-16, 10:54 AM
I'm at level 110 and the Charisma dragon still eludes me. I've been breeding Lacewing & Twilight for what seems like forever to get it... If I breed one more Luck or Charm dragon I'll scream.

9krm
05-22-16, 10:58 AM

Yes! Dapper is the only dragon I really wanted. I finally got one a few months ago and the other day I got my second little dude. love them. lol

kimandamelia
05-24-16, 08:32 AM

Same here! I actually bought Astromancer then managed to breed Mercury and Gold by some magical stroke of luck, but no regular Diamond! The Zodiac Dragons, I also have bred Aries and Taurus, but no Leo either!!! I have also been trying non stop for the past two weeks to breed a Fairtytale hybrid, any of them, and have had zero luck. I am level 172!!

FireballFarm
05-30-16, 09:02 PM
Cheshire. I've been trying for a Cheshire for so long, but no love. He's adorable and I'm terrified he will expire (again). The others are mostly black hybrids. I just can't seem to breed black dragons and they are my favorites.

FireballFarm
05-30-16, 09:09 PM
Oops! Quoted wrong comment. This is for Niire.

Congrats on Cheshire and Winter Lily! That is awesome!
Those two are at the top of my want list, along with Siamese. I had never noticed Winter Lily for some reason, and for the life of me I can't figure out how. Saw her for the first time about two weeks ago and fell in love immediately. She's so very pretty!

Niire
05-30-16, 09:48 PM
Oops! Quoted wrong comment. This is for Niire.

Congrats on Cheshire and Winter Lily! That is awesome!
Those two are at the top of my want list, along with Siamese. I had never noticed Winter Lily for some reason, and for the life of me I can't figure out how. Saw her for the first time about two weeks ago and fell in love immediately. She's so very pretty!

Thanks! <3 I was shocked myself to see cheshire pop up, and I was trying so hard for so long for winter lily...so when I got her, I was like, she's getting epic, lol. :)

amerirish
05-31-16, 11:58 AM
I've been trying for Hot Chocolate and Cauldron off and on for a very long time but can't get close to either one of them :(

moonchild1987
05-31-16, 12:06 PM
I've been trying for Hot Chocolate and Cauldron off and on for a very long time but can't get close to either one of them :(

If you try for mosaic maybe you could get hot chocolate as a nice fail ;)

amerirish
05-31-16, 01:16 PM
If you try for mosaic maybe you could get hot chocolate as a nice fail ;)

I was thinking the same thing; thanks :D

starship412
06-25-16, 08:03 PM
I've been trying for Black Swan, Night Elf, Mercury, Black Diamond, Cauldron and Dark Angel for the longest but Coral, Luck and Athletic love my island. Thankfully I was able to cross Crusader and Rainbow off of my wishlist. I just really wish I could get a Black Swan or Night Elf.

Kennedward
06-26-16, 01:40 AM
Just realized I never got a Dino, even someone like me with over 500 dragons, I don't even have a single Dino habitat