PDA

View Full Version : Astounding expansion costs

lizd725
12-12-15, 09:09 PM
Out of curiosity, why does it cost 1,000,000 to expand in fantasy forest? Let alone 5,000,000 if you want to expand into an area with an animal inhabiting it? I am level 105 on DS and I don't remember having to shuck out this much just to expand... Even with the short break I took from playing DS I am still paying less than 700,000 to expand... Where as I'm scrounging just to make 1,000,000 to expand... At only level 31... And I'm a player who has a very lax type job who can play the game for 12 hours a day. Yet still I scrounge for loose change.

It is VERY discouraging...

jojopeanut
12-13-15, 02:30 AM
Don't know how much you expanded to the blue area. I just started playing when it was available for Android myself. But the blue area in some spots after you pay 1 mil coins to expand it's another mil just to clear a big rock away.

Sandybellee
12-13-15, 03:50 AM
It gets easier over time as you get more animals and habitats and are able to collect more coins! I remember those days of saving for the expansions and then for clearing obstacles. (At the beginning even saving to be able to grow any food!)

I started making a lot more coins when I distributed my animals evenly in habitats (one common, one rare, one super rare) and leveled them up to about level 7 for optimal coin production per feeding cost. There's a whole thread about that by an ex-player Zenobia.

Nowadays I don't have to worry about any of that and can expand and clear obstacles without batting an eye! You'll get there too and it will feel great because you have struggled! :)

infinitelove19
12-13-15, 01:47 PM
There's a thread around here somewhere that maps out the obstacles (foliage, rocks, etc) that have to be cleared. That way, once you do earn enough to expand, you can clear a spot that is cheaper to clear. Anybody know where that thread is?

infinitelove19
12-13-15, 01:59 PM
There's a thread around here somewhere that maps out the obstacles (foliage, rocks, etc) that have to be cleared. That way, once you do earn enough to expand, you can clear a spot that is cheaper to clear. Anybody know where that thread is?

Here's the thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71537-Expansion-Obstacles&highlight=expanding

The first post shows the cost to clear obstacles. Still costs the same to expand, but if you spend less on clearing you'll have more left for your next expansion. ;-)

LonePudding
12-13-15, 02:00 PM
Here's a thread about coin-earning that has helped me through the tough beginnings of this game. It is also by ex-player Zenobia.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74733-How-to-make-the-best-of-having-no-unicorn