PDA

View Full Version : Holiday version vs. Original version

chrissydid
12-11-15, 02:08 PM
Hi, I posted this in the Holiday quests thread, but I am hoping for more response!

I started playing Restaurant 2 with the Halloween edition. I kept in that edition into November. When the Turkey cruise completed there was an error that prevented the Halloween edition from marking the cruise as completed. (This was noted in the bugs thread) So I dl the original version, where it showed me as having both completed the cruise and as not have finished the first step in same cruise! Oh well, I got the recipe and Timmy visits, though I did not get the cruise completion hurrah! (I believe that came with a gem reward...?)

All of that is to say that I'm wondering how best to proceed with the new holiday version. I asked in the other thread if I should play both versions at the same time, or if I should stick to only one or the other and moderator rynetory2 responded that I should play the original version (properly updated).

The holiday version is so nice with all the fun snow and an upcoming Winter cruise (though hopefully that will be in both?)

Does anyone have any experience with jumping between the versions that can give advice? Thanks!!

AlexKippy
12-11-15, 03:04 PM
I have had some issues back last year with the Valentine Version, I think the main issue I worry about is whether or not my things will transfer properly. Of course it is your choice but I would just stick with the Regular Version. Especially if there is another bug with this version and the completion of the quests for Christmas does not transfer over then I know I would be upset about all my hard work going to waste. So I would just stick with the original and just stay with it, a bit of snow isn't worth losing progress over in my opinion.

chrissydid
12-11-15, 06:36 PM
thanks Alex. glad to know i am not the only one to experience this!

wazka1
12-11-15, 07:32 PM
With the Halloween version I remember reading somewhere that you can play both versions but you need to hard close each one (so it's not playing in the background) before you open the other version. Since I've started doing that I haven't had any problems :)

chrissydid
12-12-15, 02:35 AM
Oo. Super good tip wazka. Thanks!

Rynetory2
12-12-15, 03:35 AM
@chrissydid

FYI I tested and did my goals in the Holiday version, so far so good. I hope this gives you some assurance that the holiday version is ok. However it is your choice ultimately. IMO I suggest you pick the version that you are comfortable with and stick to it for the whole duration of these goals and upcoming cruise. Hope this helps. :)