View Full Version : Rudolphin (Gift Givers Trio Pt. 1) - 2015 Dec 11

LonePudding
12-11-15, 12:45 PM
Gift Givers Trio Pt.1

Rudolphin - Rare
Water + Nature Combo
15 Hours Breeding & Incubation
16 Hours Evolution

(The Gift Givers Trio will last for 21 days, so it should end on Friday 1st January 2016 :))

Sandybellee
12-11-15, 12:47 PM
No special element this time, which is a relief because now there's no stress about missing out on a whole element. Unless the 3rd animal has a special element.

ogreve
12-11-15, 12:47 PM
I'll be starting late...
90 hours of gem hatching and breeding to get out of the way first..
I do wonder if the third animal will be of a single element kind. If not, I may have no advantage of the two Unicorns :(

ThynaSmith
12-11-15, 12:53 PM
I'm wondering the same thing, and actually commented on the updates thread about it, following your comment, ogreve :)

chippychan
12-11-15, 12:54 PM
I'm kind of torn with the whole no-special-element thing... I think if the first one doesn't have a special element then the others won't either (but I could be wrong). On one hand we don't need to worry about adding yet another unique element to the battle chart since the chart was getting HUGE, but then on the other hand I kind of like the challenge of trying to breed the final single element.

I was sort of hoping this trio would re-use the Christmas element since that's the only one I'm missing.

LonePudding
12-11-15, 01:01 PM
I'm kind of torn with the whole no-special-element thing... I think if the first one doesn't have a special element then the others won't either (but I could be wrong). On one hand we don't need to worry about adding yet another unique element to the battle chart since the chart was getting HUGE, but then on the other hand I kind of like the challenge of trying to breed the final single element.

I was sort of hoping this trio would re-use the Christmas element since that's the only one I'm missing.

I agree, I loved the trios having unique elements. And Christmas is also my only missing element (I don't count treasure because, well, it's treasure :p).

ogreve
12-11-15, 01:03 PM
I agree, I loved the trios having unique elements. And Christmas is also my only missing element (I don't count treasure because, well, it's treasure :p).

Well it would certainly be a nice Christmas gift if that third animal is A single element one in the form of a new Treasure animal! :P

Scribbles138
12-11-15, 01:15 PM
I don't think there will be a new element considering the new habitat is water/earth/fire and usually the habitats are designed to go along with whatever we're supposed to be breeding. My first attempt is 6 hours...historically I haven't had much luck with trios, but I'm really hoping my luck will change as I'd like them all!

cardinalpsy
12-11-15, 01:19 PM
Got this one after 8 attempts with emerald and frostfang. The egg design is certainly pretty. Breeding time 15 hrs. Be prepared for turtisle and aquatter fails. Best of luck to those trying for it.:)
26813 26814

ninasidstorm8
12-11-15, 01:22 PM
I believe that S8 is phasing out the use of special elements for the Trios because it complicates things for the Battle Arena. It would be fairly easy for them to reuse special elements for World Events sine those animals generally cannot be bred anyway. The downside for them though, is that they are not as desirable without the special element. We'll have to see how they handle the trios in the future.

It was nice of S8 to start off the Trio with Water/Nature for anyone still trying to breed a Turtisle for the Storybook Adventure.

ogreve
12-11-15, 01:24 PM
Congrats Cardinalpsy!

I noticed something of potential interest though it may mean nothing: the artwork of the splash screen shows parts of the Winter Wonderland habitat and not of the Tinkerer Workshop habitat!

It shall be interesting to see what elements have to be bred for the other animals and it shall also be interesting to see if the third animal can be bred with only the first two animals or also with something else...

ninasidstorm8
12-11-15, 01:24 PM
Got this one after 8 attempts with emerald and frostfang. The egg design is certainly pretty. Breeding time 15 hrs. Be prepared for turtisle and aquatter fails. Best of luck to those trying for it.:)

Congratulations!!! 15 hours is a long time for a Rare. It's longer than 6 of the 8 Water/Nature Super Rares.

jojopeanut
12-11-15, 01:28 PM
26813 26814

YES!!!!! Congrats to you and me... Whee!!!! I got same timer with Panda and frostfang... ;) And on my first breeding attempt none thw less

jojopeanut
12-11-15, 01:31 PM
Someone new here how does the habitat come into this? Is it a goal prize?

Scribbles138
12-11-15, 01:31 PM
Someone new here how does the habitat come into this? Is it a goal prize?

You'll still have to buy the habitat.

jojopeanut
12-11-15, 01:40 PM
You'll still have to buy the habitat. okay Thanks well guess if I'm lucky enough to breed all 3 I'll treat myself to an early Christmas gift.

FigmentValley
12-11-15, 01:55 PM
I hate trios.

RowanaFarrin
12-11-15, 02:05 PM
I didn't have great luck with the last trio (though still better than many), so I have mixed feelings about having another one. On the plus side, if it's true that there is no new element, then I can focus on the ones I want most without stressing as much about getting all three. The first ones is very adorable, so I will certainly try! Also glad that it's water/nature for the elements as there are still animals in that combo I don't have yet. It also means I don't have to put aside trying to get an Arboar as the elements are the same.

Good luck all! Hopefully this trio is less stressful than previous ones for many of us. Holidays should be about fun! ^_^

One last note, I'm guessing the last one is some kind of Santa Bear...wonder if I'll be right...

ninasidstorm8
12-11-15, 02:09 PM
I think the Tinkerer's Toyshop habitat is meant for the Gift Givers Trio. Since the Habitat is Water/Earth/Fire, my guess at the animals will be
1) Water/Nature
2) Nature/Fire
3) Earth/Fire

That way the Tinker's Toyshop is the only currently available place where you could put all three. What would a holiday be without a chance to breed a Fairy Ferret for the second animal. :-) Although the 3rs animal would be Earth/Fire we will still need to breed the first two to get the 3rd. That is my guess on how it will work out.

Drachenia
12-11-15, 02:46 PM
Oh how beautiful new Christmas Trio, best of luck to all in the breeding. I breed with Winter Wolverine / Quartz Quetzacoatel, I got 4x Turtisle, 2x Chilly Goat, Seamur and Rudolphin ;)
26820 26821

Gweenykay
12-11-15, 02:55 PM
26813 26814
Took your idea and put Frostfang Lvl 15 and my second Crystal Unicorn Lvl 14 into breed (thought I'd keep Emerald for the battles)! Got 42hr timer so absolutely over the moon! Thanks. (I'm not so bothered about the trio now)!

ninasidstorm8
12-11-15, 03:19 PM
Congratulations on your Pearl Peyton.

sweetdeda
12-11-15, 04:09 PM
Think I'll try to keep track of my attempts for this trio. Not sure how I feel yet about it not being a new element. Good look all.
1- 14 hour fail (1 gem used to speed previous fail)
2- 6 hour fail

ogreve
12-11-15, 04:47 PM
Took your idea and put Frostfang Lvl 15 and my second Crystal Unicorn Lvl 14 into breed (thought I'd keep Emerald for the battles)! Got 42hr timer so absolutely over the moon! Thanks. (I'm not so bothered about the trio now)!

EXCELLENT!
Many congrats!
Today I bred a second Ruby Razorback, only a few days after my first one. I'm very happy with it too!
It sure feels special to see these long timers appear! :)

JeffW60
12-11-15, 07:46 PM
So with the trio and tournament starting today, when are the world event and spin to win likely to start?

Krisenfest
12-11-15, 08:15 PM
got it 1st try on the storybook step to breed Frostfang with something:)

jojopeanut
12-11-15, 08:27 PM
I just hope my luck continues, but I doubt it lol. My first breeding attempt gave me 15HR timer. I used Pandafollia and FrostFang.

Can't wait to find out what the next elements we need are. Just PLEASE no earth/fire we don't need anymore Armadillos..lol

At least we have 21 days to try. Best of luck everyone.

Tiamat68
12-11-15, 08:35 PM
EXCELLENT!
Many congrats!
Today I bred a second Ruby Razorback, only a few days after my first one. I'm very happy with it too!

Lucky you!!! I have wanted a ruby razorback for ages and just can't seem to hit the right breeding combination.

Drachenia
12-11-15, 08:55 PM
A challenge would be electric / dark or dark / fire for the next Trio Animal :rolleyes: :confused:

HappyHeartBakery
12-11-15, 10:37 PM
Attempt 1 - 8 hr timer

Think that's an Aquatter - which is a good fail for me, new animal & final one I needed in goal reward

Attempt 2 - 3 hr fail
Attempt 3 - 6 hr fail
And drumroll plz. Attempt 4 - 6 hr fail;(

Gweenykay
12-11-15, 11:51 PM
EXCELLENT!
Many congrats!
Thanks and well done too.

Gweenykay
12-11-15, 11:53 PM
Congratulations on your Pearl Peyton.
Thank you. Good luck!

jojopeanut
12-12-15, 12:17 AM
Put Rudolphin on the nest. Took a guess at next breeding nature/fire. Fail 3HR timer.

Scribbles138
12-12-15, 01:03 AM
I'm shocked! Only my third attempt! :D

skeexix
12-12-15, 07:49 AM
Put Rudolphin on the nest. Took a guess at next breeding nature/fire. Fail 3HR timer.

You won't be able to breed the next trio animal until the update on Tuesday.

Sandybellee
12-12-15, 08:34 AM
I can't believe how much of a difference the lack of a special element has done for me already! I have absolutely no sense of urgency to get the Rudolphin. I'll be trying for it, sure, but I'm fine even if I won't get it.

First try is a Turtisle. Won't be able to try again before tomorrow because there's a Frightingale on the nest.

Congrats to everyone who got it already!

813vv
12-12-15, 09:54 AM
Got it as fail in first try with Chilly Goat and Sea Horse, was trying for Turtisle. So happy :)

Doompicnic
12-12-15, 11:15 AM
2nd attempt and I got it with Frostfang & Emerald Dragon! I can't believe it. I usually have a hard time with these.

ninasidstorm8
12-12-15, 01:53 PM
Not a good start for this trio. So far I have bred 5 Turtisles.

kooky panda
12-12-15, 03:49 PM
I am not having any luck either!:(

saucysammis
12-12-15, 05:02 PM
Turtisle, turtisle, turtisle, and again and again and so on. Typical trio experience for me.

Silverrain1
12-12-15, 05:29 PM
I think I got this on about my 3rd maybe 4th attempt if it's the only 15 hour timer. Was very glad for it as I moved my 11 hour breed to nest and was soooooooexpecting the arboar but it wasn't that, so I was really disappointed and put in an other water nature breed and got 15 hours!

sweetdeda
12-12-15, 06:15 PM
Think I'll try to keep track of my attempts for this trio. Not sure how I feel yet about it not being a new element. Good look all.
1- 14 hour fail (1 gem used to speed previous fail)
2- 6 hour fail
3- (4 gems used to speed previous fail) 15 hour, looks like I got him!
Not bad total of 5 gems spent speeding. Good luck everyone. I hope the next member of this trio is this easy!

sweetdeda
12-12-15, 06:18 PM
3- (4 gems used to speed previous fail) 15 hour, looks like I got him!
Not bad total of 5 gems spent speeding. Good luck everyone. I hope the next member of this trio is this easy!

BTW, used ocean owl and unicorn.

pipokamommy
12-12-15, 08:47 PM
At 1st try... Can't believe it! Frostfang+hydro yak

JeffW60
12-12-15, 09:43 PM
Turtisle, turtisle, chilly goat, turtisle.

The chilly goat was not really a 'fail' since I did not have one.

55lee55
12-12-15, 11:46 PM
Oh no! I have a 15 hr breeding.

I need more room! Was hoping we would get an expansion first. I can shoehorn this one but this is it.

It is sad when getting the desired breeding causes so much stress because the game is not designed to accommodate all of the animals that have been released. I have bought a bunch of gem habitats as well and I am three animals short. How many of us are once again out of room?

ogreve
12-13-15, 04:38 AM
I can't believe how much of a difference the lack of a special element has done for me already! I have absolutely no sense of urgency to get the Rudolphin. I'll be trying for it, sure, but I'm fine even if I won't get it.

I'm 100% with Sandy here: I just sat out the entire 45 hours of Crystal Unicorn hatching and just moved Ruby #2 to the nest.
My second Crystal Unicorn at least has a prettier name than "Jasper", as it's called "Krystal". I'm not sure yet what to raise next: "Flame", my first Ruby Razorback will be an adult in some 2 hours from now. I'd like to either get Krystal to level 4 or Flame to epic level then. I think I'll do the Unicorn first, just in case we will be able to use it for the third animal. I may leave Krystal as a juvenile for a long time, or perhaps just as a normal adult. I shall look around a bit in other forests to see what I like best.
Same for the Rubies: the first one will be made an epic, for the second one I think I'll go with the normal adult form, but I'd like to get (at least) also a juvenile one and if Grand Gem Coves go on sale someday again, perhaps also a baby.

Now, as for what Sandy wrote above: right after moving the second Ruby to the nest, I started trying for the Arboar and Rudolphin: 6 hours; that's about the worst possible outcome: it leaves a 39 hour gap between hatching and breeding. I'm not sure how much of Ruby's hatching I'm going to sit out, but neither the first trio animal, nor the Arboar tempt me enough to already speed it away early.

Same for the new habitat. I've looked around hard in the forest, but if I put in another white habitat I can only envision it going nicely on the blue plots and there is no vacancy left there that isn't already spoken for (as I want to surround my Winter Wonderland with Big/Grand Gem Coves). It's pretty and would go nicely with the Winter Wonderland, but without more blue plots, I think I'll pass.

So, this is the first trio where I don't feel pressed to try for the animals. I'm not sure yet whether I'm happy about that or not. I *do* still hope there will be a special use for my second Unicorn, other than having one with a prettier name and better balancing out the Gem Coves fillings...:/

mrhammy48
12-13-15, 07:53 AM
What is the breeding time for arboar?

sweetdeda
12-13-15, 07:57 AM
What is the breeding time for arboar?

I believe it is 10 hours.

FigmentValley
12-13-15, 08:55 AM
Sea horse after seahorse after seahorse......

ninasidstorm8
12-13-15, 09:27 AM
Sea horse after seahorse after seahorse......

I am jealous, a Seahorse is the only fail that I want. It is the only currently breedable animal released in 2014 that is not an Ultra Rare that I haven't managed to breed. So far I have 7 straight Turtisles. No gaps in breeding but awfully boring.

LonePudding
12-13-15, 10:02 AM
#1 - Turtisle
#2 - Turtisle
#3 - Chilly Goat {new!}
#4 - Turtisle
#5 - Turtisle
#6 - Chilly Goat
#7 - Turtisle
#8 - Seahorse {new!}
#9 - Turtisle

flowless
12-13-15, 12:50 PM
It doesn't feel like a trio to me
Perhaps not having to have a specific habit where it can only hold them
Make it seem like any other limited animal

RowanaFarrin
12-13-15, 06:53 PM
Mostly Turtisles and Seamurs for me, but one nice surprise today! My first Ocean Owl! :D Still crossing my fingers for a cute Rudolphin or Arboar, but pretty happy to have this one at last!

Sakrysta
12-14-15, 12:32 AM
So. Many. Turtisles.

Sandybellee
12-14-15, 02:38 AM
So. Many. Turtisles.

Same here!

RowanaFarrin
12-14-15, 06:13 AM
Mostly Turtisles and Seamurs for me, but one nice surprise today! My first Ocean Owl! :D Still crossing my fingers for a cute Rudolphin or Arboar, but pretty happy to have this one at last!

And the luck continues! Another ocean owl and....15 hours! Woo! So happy to have this guy before the second animal is out this time. The last trio didn't go so well for me, so this is a pleasent surprise! ^_^

I hope you all get lucky soon!

Almost forgot! I used Pandaffodil and Frostfang

1Peter1Pan1
12-14-15, 07:15 AM
I got it :D
I guess 6 tries Pandaffodil + Frostfang. Before just Turtisies.
Good luck.

ASapphireStar
12-14-15, 03:23 PM
I have got it, there is no part 2 ????????

kuppikahvia
12-14-15, 03:35 PM
5x Turtisles, 1 seahorse, 1 chilly goat and now even 1 Owl..... and I dont even like this guy so much, I am not sure why I am trying :-p

ninasidstorm8
12-14-15, 04:31 PM
I have got it, there is no part 2 ????????

Part 2 will not start until tomorrow's update.

ninasidstorm8
12-14-15, 05:23 PM
I have set a new personal record of breeding the same animal 12 times in a row (I believe the odds of doing this is less than 1%). Twice before, I reached 10. Of course it is our old friend the Turtisle. It seems that I usually have to breed each one of the other available Rare animals before I can breed the first of the Trios. Fortunately, there is only two Water/Nature Rares. Typically in 12 tries, I would have bred 3 Rares, so it would be nice to start the process of getting something other than a common.

Update: This is really unbelievable. I have now bred 14 straight Turtisles.

Clark_Wayne
12-14-15, 06:57 PM
my baby account got it 1st try but my main account still trying to get it :(

Crr008
12-14-15, 08:18 PM
Frost fang and panda - 1 turtisle, 1 aquater
Second combo of unicorn and aquater - 1 turtisle
Third combo (I know I'm impatient) unicorn and hyrdoyak - 1 turtisle and then 15 hours. :D

I've struggled some with the last two trios. I hope this means this one will go better. Fingers crossed.

Sandybellee
12-15-15, 02:02 AM
A bunch of Turtisles and a Sea Horse (new for me so: yay!) so far.

ogreve
12-15-15, 02:13 AM
Well, with the second Ruby Razorback finally off the nest it wasn't until today that I could put in my second attempt. Another Turtisle. At least it has a relatively short fail time. It shall be interesting to see what we'll have to breed for the second animal.

natxjkkggg
12-15-15, 04:41 AM
I got a 15 hour Timer at my 10 try with only turtlise!!

Sandybellee
12-15-15, 05:02 AM
And a second Sea Horse right after the first one... So just commons and super rares so far.

forestwald
12-15-15, 07:03 AM
After numerous tries, I finally have a 15hr egg with Chilly Goat and Hydroyak! Yay!

matiasabad94
12-15-15, 10:52 AM
I was hoping to get either a Rudolphin or Quartz Quetzacoatl, but a second Peryton will do.

http://i64.tinypic.com/3010wsy.png

ninasidstorm8
12-15-15, 10:57 AM
I was hoping to get either a Rudolphin or Quartz Quetzacoatl, but a second Peryton will do.

Congratulations!!!

Silverrain1
12-15-15, 11:29 AM
I have set a new personal record of breeding the same animal 12 times in a row (I believe the odds of doing this is less than 1%). Twice before, I reached 10. Of course it is our old friend the Turtisle. It seems that I usually have to breed each one of the other available Rare animals before I can breed the first of the Trios. Fortunately, there is only two Water/Nature Rares. Typically in 12 tries, I would have bred 3 Rares, so it would be nice to start the process of getting something other than a common.

Update: This is really unbelievable. I have now bred 14 straight Turtisles.

Oh no, not so fun with the turtisles! I got a few then rudolphin, I'm now trying for arboar so bk to the lovely turtisles, iv not counted how many fails iv had tho. Hope your luck changes!

Silverrain1
12-15-15, 11:30 AM

Lucky u and congrats! I really want that one!

ogreve
12-15-15, 11:30 AM
Bleh, I'm 4 attempts in and all four were Turtisles. So, already I'm sure that this time around I also shall not be getting the Arboar. Already these outcomes are boring and I've only just started. Let's see what today's update brings....

ogreve
12-15-15, 11:31 AM

Yayyyy !!!!
Big congratsssss!

Silverrain1
12-15-15, 12:52 PM
Earth rock for second one. Some interesting fails there, not lol. I know what's coming. Would love the noelephant to but that's fire nature!

Sandybellee
12-15-15, 01:25 PM

Congrats!!!

jbb4ever
12-15-15, 01:47 PM
Finally got Rudolphin! I kept failing over and over again with Frostfang and Pandaffodil, so I decided to try Hydro Yak and Frostfang, and I got it on the first try with that combo! I hope I can get the other two animals for the trio! It would be nice to complete a trio since I only completed a couple of them before!

ninasidstorm8
12-15-15, 04:43 PM
If other payers hadn't posted their results, I would swear that S8 has some kind of bug with the Water/Nature breeding. Since the Rudolphin has been released, I have now reached an unbelievable total of 15 straight Turtisles. I figure there is about a 0.3% chance of that occurring using a 68% chance of breeding a common.

I still need a Sea Horse, so I wouldn't mind that fail but if I am going to fail I guess its good to use the smallest amount of time possible. On the bright side, I have no breeding gaps.

LonePudding
12-15-15, 04:59 PM
I've bred two new animals whilst trying for the Rudolphin, which I guess is quite good for only 9 attempts. But I'm already getting worried. Will this be my 4th, consecutive, incomplete trio..?

#1 - Turtisle
#2 - Turtisle
#3 - Chilly Goat {new!}
#4 - Turtisle
#5 - Turtisle
#6 - Chilly Goat
#7 - Turtisle
#8 - Seahorse {new!}
#9 - Turtisle

JeffW60
12-15-15, 05:10 PM
I've had 9 Turtisles and 2 chilly goats. Fail after fail. On my first spin to win I did get a reindeer so it's not a total failure. I am getting very frustrated with the rudolphin however.

DeeDeeBird70
12-15-15, 05:21 PM
I had been trying nonstop for Rudolphin as soon as it was announced. Didn't keep track of how many Turtlisles. Did get an Ocean Owl (fail) and Chilly Goat (new). So sick of six hour shelled critters, I put Crystal Unicorn with Swan Princess and up popped a 45 hour timer. Yea! So either Sapphire or Jade. The breeding gap will allow me to hatch the Rocking Horse and maybe the Rock Candy Rhino that have been sitting in storage. I depleted the last of my gems to get the Workshop habitat for the toys. No room for anymore habitats. And only a couple of duplicates that could be sold to make room. Expanding takes so long, it's getting very frustrating.

But I am very happy with the new gem animal.

ninasidstorm8
12-15-15, 06:05 PM
I had been trying nonstop for Rudolphin as soon as it was announced. Didn't keep track of how many Turtlisles. Did get an Ocean Owl (fail) and Chilly Goat (new). So sick of six hour shelled critters, I put Crystal Unicorn with Swan Princess and up popped a 45 hour timer. Yea! So either Sapphire or Jade. The breeding gap will allow me to hatch the Rocking Horse and maybe the Rock Candy Rhino that have been sitting in storage. I depleted the last of my gems to get the Workshop habitat for the toys. No room for anymore habitats. And only a couple of duplicates that could be sold to make room. Expanding takes so long, it's getting very frustrating.

But I am very happy with the new gem animal.

Congratulations!!!

ogreve
12-15-15, 11:37 PM
@DeeDeeBird70: Wow! Congrats on your new ultra rare!!! :)
Let us know which one it turns out to be....

@ninasidstorm8: Unbelievable.... Indeed statistically spoken the (true!) odds of that happening are really small. Makes you think. Wasn't there some saying like "Too much coincidence indicates deliberate intent"? :S
I had an unbelievable run of "pure bad luck" during the Service trio. There comes a moment where it's hard to believe that all of it is mere coincidence...
I really hope your outcomes change for the better for you too!

As for me: 5 Turtisles so far, but... I do now have a good fail: an 11 hour Ocean Owl!
FINALLY!!!!
This, along with the Paradise Parrot (that I also recently got) was one of the "normal super rares" that had eluded me all of this time, despite having put in a great deal of attempts at it. Two days ago I also got a (first) Ocean Owl in the secondary forest. Nice! I like that animal.
Bummer that it happens after the Treasure Toucan has been discontinued, I really wanted to try for that one, but well, at least I'm very happy to finally get the Ocean Owl and a vacancy for it is open in the Tinkerer's Workshop. :)

saucysammis
12-16-15, 12:26 AM
Ohboyohboyohboyohboy. I got a 15 hr timer after a whole lot of turtles. I never got a single one of the skull trio so I'm kinda relieved. If I'd had room I'd have enough habitats to have kept all those turtles though.

BBragg15
12-16-15, 06:55 AM
I finally have the dolphin what is the next part except waiting for the egg to hatch

ninasidstorm8
12-16-15, 08:03 AM
@DeeDeeBird70: Wow! Congrats on your new ultra rare!!! :)
Let us know which one it turns out to be....

@ninasidstorm8: Unbelievable.... Indeed statistically spoken the (true!) odds of that happening are really small. Makes you think. Wasn't there some saying like "Too much coincidence indicates deliberate intent"? :S
I had an unbelievable run of "pure bad luck" during the Service trio. There comes a moment where it's hard to believe that all of it is mere coincidence...
I really hope your outcomes change for the better for you too!

As for me: 5 Turtisles so far, but... I do now have a good fail: an 11 hour Ocean Owl!
FINALLY!!!!
This, along with the Paradise Parrot (that I also recently got) was one of the "normal super rares" that had eluded me all of this time, despite having put in a great deal of attempts at it. Two days ago I also got a (first) Ocean Owl in the secondary forest. Nice! I like that animal.
Bummer that it happens after the Treasure Toucan has been discontinued, I really wanted to try for that one, but well, at least I'm very happy to finally get the Ocean Owl and a vacancy for it is open in the Tinkerer's Workshop. :)

Well I now have two more Turtisles to make 17 straight. I put the odd of this happening by random chance at less than 0.15% or less than 1.5 times in 1,000. I am firing off a note to support to check it out and I am going to try reinstalling.

dollyumi
12-16-15, 08:47 AM
Hey why I breed till now haven't get the rudophin??i love this so much !!

dollyumi
12-16-15, 08:49 AM
Hey I keep breeding till now I can't even get rudolphin I m a royal player

ninasidstorm8
12-16-15, 01:46 PM
My incredible streak of breeding 17 straight Turtisles has come to an end. I hate to think that my reinstalling the FFS App corrected anything and it is just a coincidence that my first attempt after reinstalling was a different outcome. I did not get the desired 15 hr or 40+ hour timer, but I did get a 13 hour timer. This should be a Sea Horse which has long eluded me.

Now I just need to get a Fennec Shox to breed a Prize Pony that is no longer available. :-)

The Sea Horse is the last breedable animal released in 2014, other than Ultra Rares, that I had not bred. So I am pleased with the result. I still hope to breed the Rudolphin and the entire Trio. The 18 attempts so far is the highest number of fails to get the first animal of a Trio that I have had except for the last two Trios (which took 22 and 27 attempts respectively). However, I still have a little over two weeks to do it.

ogreve
12-16-15, 03:20 PM
Now I just need to get a Fennec Shox to breed a Prize Pony that is no longer available. :-)

Hahaha, yeah we can both sit together in a corner and cry: in that very same way now that the Treasure Toucan is no longer available I finally got an Ocean Owl! Interestingly enough all my other gem-water-nature outcomes this time around (some 7, encounting) were also only Turtisles...

I'm very happy with the Ocean Owl though! It's a pretty animal and I hope that someday we'll have some chances at breeding for Treasure again... I decided to treat it to a good spot in the Tinkerer's Workshop.

Enjoy your Sea Horse, that's a pretty animal too! :)

ninasidstorm8
12-16-15, 04:36 PM
Hahaha, yeah we can both sit together in a corner and cry: in that very same way now that the Treasure Toucan is no longer available I finally got an Ocean Owl! Interestingly enough all my other gem-water-nature outcomes this time around (some 7, encounting) were also only Turtisles...

I'm very happy with the Ocean Owl though! It's a pretty animal and I hope that someday we'll have some chances at breeding for Treasure again... I decided to treat it to a good spot in the Tinkerer's Workshop.

Enjoy your Sea Horse, that's a pretty animal too! :)

Thanks, I will.

Congratulations on the Ocean Owl, I never had problems breeding them. I have 3 in the Forest and sold a few as well. I find it kind of ironic that I am still trying to breed some of the 2014 animals as 2015 comes to a close. I missed a couple that are gone now and still have a couple Ultra Rares to pursue.

Buttercup0001
12-16-15, 06:57 PM
Back to back breeding since the release of Rudolphin, has resulted in Turtlsles, Ocean Owls and Sea Horses, which unfortunately are all fails.

ogreve
12-17-15, 01:48 AM
I too am getting a bit more variety in my fails now: first an 8 hour Aquater and then a 14 hour Chilly Goat. :S
I currently only need the Dolphin from the nature-water combination, so none of those fails are any good to me and when the Aquater finishes hatching it'll leave a 6 hour gap between the den and nest. Speeding up the nest is no good, as then the hatching of the Chilly Goat ends in the middle of the night, not handy. I think I'll sit the breeding out and tonight put in a shot at the second animal. From earth-fire at least I have a good fail to be had: a Stuffin Puffin.

epinederose
12-17-15, 10:24 AM
dont know how many turstiles I got by now, but I am giving it up.... I dont want to bother anymore with turstiles...... and it is not the first trio I miss....
as long as it is not a new element, i dont care....... good luck to all......

DeeDeeBird70
12-17-15, 10:45 AM
Just to let you know, the gem animal I got when I put Crystal Unicorn with Swan Princess when I was to tired of Turtlisles turned out to be the Jade Kirin. That's the one I really wanted as I already have a gem/water in the Pearl Peryton. If I remember correctly, I got that one when I did a combo that different from the then current goal. Hmmm. Has that happened to anyone else?

Btw next try, another Turtle. Ugh!

JeffW60
12-18-15, 05:44 AM
After countless turtisle......14 I believe....and a couple of chilly goats......I finally got a 15 hour breed time.

What an ordeal.

ninasidstorm8
12-18-15, 08:13 AM
After breaking my 17 straight Turtisle streak, I am back to a normal failure pattern:

17 straight Turtisle
Sea Horse
2 Turtisle
Seamur
Turtisle

21 failures so far. Looks like I am following the pattern of the last two trios, Cannot breed the first one until the third one is available.

chippychan
12-18-15, 11:16 AM
I managed to get this one rather quickly on my secondary account but it was a little harder on my main account. Countless turtisles and about 100 gems in speed-breeding last night finally gave me a Rudolphin. Now onto the second animal...

Congratulations to the lucky breeders and I wish the very best of luck to everyone still trying.

31aug2002
12-18-15, 11:30 AM
For me it's a repeat of Dogs from Hell - the Service Trio!!!
It was back to back turtisles , only good fail has been the Emerald dragon. Though that has put me back 90 hrs for breeding...
And now it is back to turtisles again.
My secondary account on android has had the same results with only one chilly goat as a consolation prize!! :(:(

dollyumi
12-18-15, 01:03 PM
I use so many gem I still can't breed the rudophin

HappyHeartBakery
12-19-15, 05:31 AM
For me it's a repeat of Dogs from Hell - the Service Trio!!!
It was back to back turtisles , only good fail has been the Emerald dragon. Though that has put me back 90 hrs for breeding...
And now it is back to turtisles again.
My secondary account on android has had the same results with only one chilly goat as a consolation prize!! :(:(

Thank goodness you've at least gotten the emerald dragon.
Wishing all of us still in Trio limbo some holiday luck:)

mmeeccee
12-20-15, 12:05 AM
Thanks for posting this! I also bred my Frostfang and unicorn and got a 42 hour timer. Great fail!

idrispad
12-20-15, 09:06 AM
Aaaagh! Still no Rudolphin despite many attempts.

So I started breeding for Rudolphin and the Secret Santler at the same time. No sign of either but I have just got a 45hr timer... :) Level 50 and first one ever!

ninasidstorm8
12-20-15, 09:43 AM
Aaaagh! Still no Rudolphin despite many attempts.

So I started breeding for Rudolphin and the Secret Santler at the same time. No sign of either but I have just got a 45hr timer... :) Level 50 and first one ever!

Congratulations!!!

idrispad
12-20-15, 01:01 PM
Thanks.

I was actually planning to give up the game!

Sakrysta
12-21-15, 05:10 PM
I also have had no luck breeding the Rudolphin on my Persepheny account, though Sakrysta did manage one. With all the animals to try for, I started 4-element breeding and scored a 45-hour fail with the Charger and the Sidekicker. I already have a Crystal Unicorn, so I'm really hoping for a hybrid. So hard to wait to find out! But I'm using the breed time to hatch some of my stored critters, so it's not a total waste. 😀

ninasidstorm8
12-21-15, 06:30 PM
I also have had no luck breeding the Rudolphin on my Persepheny account, though Sakrysta did manage one. With all the animals to try for, I started 4-element breeding and scored a 45-hour fail with the Charger and the Sidekicker. I already have a Crystal Unicorn, so I'm really hoping for a hybrid. So hard to wait to find out! But I'm using the breed time to hatch some of my stored critters, so it's not a total waste. ��

Sorry to tell you that it has to be a Crystal Unicorn, You can only breed one of the Gem Hybrids if at least one of the parents has the Gem element. Congratulations, on your second Crystal Unicorn.

Sakrysta
12-21-15, 07:04 PM
Well :p. Oh well, at least I can breed with the juvenile & keep the epic free for tournaments.

ninasidstorm8
12-22-15, 01:26 PM
After 22 fails for the Rudolphin, I decided to switch to breeding the Secret Santler. After 8 failures, I was debating on whether or not to speed up the last hour of the last failure to get one more Secret Santler attempt before it left the Forest. I decided against the idea and decided to wait to see what would happen with today's update instead. Since there were no new animals for me to breed, I decided to go back to the Trio.

Lo and behold a 15 hour timer. On to the Storking

LonePudding
12-22-15, 09:17 PM
After 22 fails for the Rudolphin, I decided to switch to breeding the Secret Santler. After 8 failures, I was debating on whether or not to speed up the last hour of the last failure to get one more Secret Santler attempt before it left the Forest. I decided against the idea and decided to wait to see what would happen with today's update instead. Since there were no new animals for me to breed, I decided to go back to the Trio.

Lo and behold a 15 hour timer. On to the Storking

Congrats, I hope you can get the other two!

I still have nothing .I decided to use a water-nature-fire combination to try for the Yule Mule, Krampus and Rudolphin. I think my breeding choice will get me a new animal quicker because the water and fire only contribute 1 fail instead of the usual 6-7 outcomes. I hope that makes a difference!

ogreve
12-23-15, 01:16 AM
Congrats, I hope you can get the other two!

I still have nothing .I decided to use a water-nature-fire combination to try for the Yule Mule, Krampus and Rudolphin. I think my breeding choice will get me a new animal quicker because the water and fire only contribute 1 fail instead of the usual 6-7 outcomes. I hope that makes a difference!

I'm doing the very same with one small difference: for the "fire" part I use my Ruby Razorback, so it's a 4-element breeding and gives all sorts of possible gem outcomes too (including a further Crystal Unicorn even). :P
This way it feels like I'm using my breeding time in a very effective way...

LonePudding
12-23-15, 05:40 AM
I'm doing the very same with one small difference: for the "fire" part I use my Ruby Razorback, so it's a 4-element breeding and gives all sorts of possible gem outcomes too (including a further Crystal Unicorn even). :P
This way it feels like I'm using my breeding time in a very effective way...

The only gem animal I have for those 3 elements is my new QQ, who I'm deciding to level up before the next tournament, so it's back to basic breeding for me! This is the first time I've ever thought so hard about a breeding pair, I hope it proves to be effective for us both! :)

31aug2002
12-23-15, 09:42 PM
After countless turtisle fails trying for rudolphin , and fire glider fails trying to get the secret Santler , I puin earth-fire-water-nature, and got a 15 hr timer. Dreaded that it could also be a Magmacore. After 15 hrs moved the egg to the nest it was a Rudolphin. So a yay!!! I got the first of the trio with less than 9 days to go. Now on the other 2.

Somehow not very excited about this trio as no special element being added with this trio.

And the same is with the this world event and the last one .... No special elements there too..:(:(

mariyana2014
12-24-15, 01:15 AM
After more than 10 days trying for trio animals, turtisle and turtisle again! today I spend 24 gems for speed breading with no success!

I think it is not a good strategy for TL to make the game as hard as possible, I will not spend even a single dollar on this game anymore, and also will stop playing if they continue in this way! :(

dollyumi
12-24-15, 08:13 PM
Not fair!

dollyumi
12-24-15, 08:15 PM
My id dollyumi not fair at all

dollyumi
12-24-15, 08:15 PM
I agree

freesiawoods
12-26-15, 03:52 AM
Nothing, and another flash tournament that is so difficult. I'm only getting commons - turtistle, and fairy ferret when trying for Christmas animals. Am starting to resent this game too.

jsburas123
12-26-15, 10:19 PM
This is the first time I have yet to not at least get one of the trio animals. Been trying steady since they came out switching up now and then to see if I can get one or the other or something new but can't get anything! Don't understand this!!!

oo56
12-26-15, 10:44 PM
Can't get this one! Always getting stupid Turtisles! My luck is not working!:mad:

mrhammy48
12-29-15, 12:15 PM
I can't get it either.

mariyana2014
12-29-15, 11:58 PM
after too many failures, I changed my combination to: Sidekicker + Gracial Griffin, and after 4 breeding, I got 45 hours timer (it means i got my second unicorn) which is very welcomed.

but this time I got none of Trio animals! :(

HappyHeartBakery
12-31-15, 01:21 PM
OMG - think I may have finally gotten this one. Been trying since it came out (with a few attempts at limited animals in btw, which netted me a Yule mule ;)).
Wonder if I can get the next one & a shot at the last one before time runs out on this trio

ninasidstorm8
12-31-15, 01:39 PM
OMG - think I may have finally gotten this one. Been trying since it came out (with a few attempts at limited animals in btw, which netted me a Yule mule ;)).
Wonder if I can get the next one & a shot at the last one before time runs out on this trio

Not without speeding. With less than 24 hours to go, you would have to breed the Storking, move it to the nest 15 hours, Hatch it 15 hours, evolve it 17 hours before you can use it to breed the Teddy Bear.

sweetypies97
01-01-16, 05:29 AM
No luck for me either - but I can't complain since I bred a Treent on both of my games and a confetti yeti on one (already had him on the other).