PDA

View Full Version : Expiry timer for decor

dollydaydreams1
12-11-15, 08:59 AM
Please, please, please can you put an expiry timer on all the decor before it goes?
I save up gems and check every day to see what is expiring first so I can collect as much as I can. Some of the decor has had a timer, like the Halloween and Hunger Games items. I was deciding what to buy next between all the new stuff; Thanksgiving, Snack Wars and Festive decor. No timers have appeared on anything and I was expecting the Thanksgiving decor to go first. Looked yesterday in all the tabs and the Snack Wars decor has gone with no warning. Very disappointed that I didn't get to buy more of it before it went.

dollydaydreams1
12-11-15, 09:04 AM
To balance it out so I don't sound too ungrateful and whiny, I'd like to thank the developers for all the great quests and decor lately. I really do love this game :D

cquinn32
12-12-15, 09:19 AM
I agree I was really bummed to see all the snack wars decor disappear without any notice!! I wanted to buy the TV. Why did it all go away so fast? And why does EVERYTHING cost gems?

dollydaydreams1
12-12-15, 12:34 PM
I know :( I don't even have a problem with anything being limited edition or even costing gems (although I do think the gem prices can be far too high sometimes), I just really want a warning when it's going. The Snack Wars stuff disappeared quicker than any other limited decor I've seen on this game so far. Frustrating!

dollydaydreams1
12-19-15, 07:40 PM
:mad: Now some of the Winter decor has gone! Come on, it's not even past Christmas yet AND there's still Thanksgiving decor in the shop. I really wanted the snow-covered stone wall and the icey blue counter (and probably more). Did anyone notice a timer on any of this? I work very, very long hours in December so I can't remember if I've looked in the past few days.

dollydaydreams1
12-19-15, 07:50 PM
:( The snowflake and wrapping paper wallpaper went too

catfoodie
12-21-15, 04:09 PM
:mad: Now some of the Winter decor has gone! Come on, it's not even past Christmas yet AND there's still Thanksgiving decor in the shop. I really wanted the snow-covered stone wall and the icey blue counter (and probably more). Did anyone notice a timer on any of this? I work very, very long hours in December so I can't remember if I've looked in the past few days.
I agree that it would be nice to have timer on items! It could be confusing sometimes when you see the decor and assume it's going to stay for a while, and then it dissappears randomly. There is timer on recipes, so I don't think it would be hard to add timer to decor too!
In defence of S8 I wanted to mention that the winter decor such as snow covered stone wallpaper and wrapping paper wallpaper was announced as limited time only during the Black Friday, so I was actually surprised when it stayed more than 3 days (I think that sale on appliences lasted only around 3 days). It was also decor from last Christmas, so I would assume that is the reason why it was gone so fast! But overall I think that it would help to avoid confusion even in this kind of situation if the timer would be present!