PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/10 Update - Holiday Workshop EXPIRED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 12:53 PM
Greetings to all across the land! In the spirit of giving, kingdoms far and wide are searching for things to present to their friends and loved ones. Festivities begin with the finding of the perfect items, but then there is the matter of wrapping! Thankfully, we sometimes can find help with that part!

[==Update requires Level 15+ to participate, and is available from 12/10 to 12/21 @ 4pm.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: GIFT

Hey guys! I think I found the issue with the task to place a Gift Box, and am working to get the fix tested and pushed out.

In the meantime, that task should still work if you place the Gift Box received from the Mystery Gift Box craft - however, you must place the Gift Box immediately after the task completes. Do not store the item first, as that may cause the task to not complete.

RESOLVED

Alright, the fix is live! I confirmed on my account that placing a Gift Box out of your inventory completes Task 2 of "Chocolate Giftwrapping?" :)

Additionally, we went ahead and removed the task button, so that it doesn't contribute to any confusion as to how to complete that task.

Thanks for your patience everyone! I hope you enjoy the rest of the event :)

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 12:54 PM
Holiday Workshop
Limited time event
prepared by SpiritWind

Join in the Creative Holiday Display (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87398-Creative-Holiday-Displays) fun - post a picture of your kingdom's Christmas display in this thread.

Mystery Decoration: 1 holiday ribbon, 6 holiday bells, 2 snowman orb - 1 hour Workshop
Holiday Ribbons can only be received as a gift from neighbours. You get 3 ribbons in the gift. It would appear that you can hold more than 15 when received through gifting!
DROPS:
Potted Poinsettia
Elf Gnome
Princess Lorelei Sculpture
Gingerbread House
Frozen Fountain
Skating Pond

Mystery Gift Box: 1 holiday ribbon, 6 holiday bells, 10 chocolate coins - 1 hour Workshop
DROPS:
snowman orbs (used to make the mystery decoration)
+ an assortment of gifts of either: a mystery box (of which there are 3 types to chop) , winter walls x3, holiday ribbon, Ivy's lamppost, mermaid scales

Gift Box:
- Snowman Orbs(1)
- Holiday Ribbons(1), Mermaid Scales(1), Mithril(1), Ivy Lamppost(1), Wreath Lamppost(1), Snowman(1), Pile of Gifts(1)

Special Gift Box:
- Snowman Orbs(3)
- Holiday Ribbons(1), Mermaid Scales(1), Simple Glue(1), Winter Gate(1), Winter Wall(3), Winter Tower(1), Pile of Gifts(1)

Grand Gift Box:
- Snowman Orbs(5)
- Holiday Ribbons(1), Earth Wisp(1), Simple Glue(1), Festive Gate(1), Festive Wall(3), Festive Tower(1), Pile of Gifts(1)

1st Goal line
Goal 1: Shopping's The Easy Part
1. Ask for holiday ribbons x1 (from a neighbour)
2. Collect 6 jingle bells (from cottages)
3. Collect 10 chocolate coins (from Ivy and Thomas's houses. 4 drops each from a collection.)
(you will get 4 coins each from Ivy and Thomas - if you're maxed on coins, you won't receive any)
Reward: 270 coin, 2 xp, 1 Gift Box

Goal 2: Chocolate Giftwrapping?
1. Craft a mystery gift box
2. Place a gift box (will auto complete now that the fix has gone through - refer to post 1)
Reward: 1400 coin, 5 xp, 1 Grand Gift Box

Goal 3: All Wrapped Up
1. Open any 10 gift boxes
2. Craft a mystery decoration
Reward: 2000 coin, 7 xp, 1 elf gnome (decoration)
Note: I have sent a question through to S8 on whether completing goal 3 will still let you craft mystery boxes - to be confirmed. If you are at this point, please post the answer if it's before I hear back from S8
CONFIRMED..... THE CRAFTS REMAIN EVEN IF YOU FINISH BOTH GOALS. .

2nd goal line: Present's Galore
Have 1 potted Poinsettia
Have 1 Elf Gnome
Have 1 Princess Lorelei Sculpture
Have 1 Gingerbread House
Have 1 Frozen Fountain
Have 1 Skating Pond
Reward: 2000 coin, 7 xp, 5 Gold Tokens

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb700069.png_2v_31020.png
Ivy Lamppost
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 1x1

The decorations of the event:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701067.png_2v_31020.png
Potted Poinsettia
Info: A seasonal brilliantly red flower in a gold-foil pot. Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Crafted in: Workshop
Requirements: 1 Holiday Ribbons, 6 Jingle Bells, 2 Snowman Orb
Events: Holiday Workshop - December 2015
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87314

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701068.png_2v_31020.png
Elf Gnome
Info: A statue of the world's tiniest but merriest holiday helpers! Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701069.png_2v_31020.png
Info: A glistening ice statue of the lovely Princess Lorelei. Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Size: 2x1

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701070.png_2v_31020.png
Gingerbread House
Info: A house made of delicious gingerbread, sugary frosting and sweet candy! Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Size: 2x2

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701071.png_2v_31020.png
Frozen Fountain
Info: A grand fountain whose waters have frozen in the seasonal chill. Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Size: 3x3

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701072.png_2v_31020.png
Skating Pond
Info: A smooth, icy pond perfect for skating and games! Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.

Final package, the gift boxes:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701064.png_2v_31020.png
Gift Box
Info: Chop for Snowman Orbs!
Requirements: 1 Holyday Ribbons, 6 Jingle Bells, 10 Chocolate Coins
Drops: Snowman Orb, Holiday Ribbons, Wreath Lamppost, Mithril

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701065.png_2v_31020.png
Special Gift Box
Drops: Snowman Orb, Winter Wall

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701066.png_2v_31020.png
Grand Gift Box
Drops: Snowman Orb, Simple Glue, Holiday Ribbons, Festive Wall, Festive Tower, Festive Gate

paisdelasmaravillas
12-10-15, 01:16 PM
More pics

meme1098
12-10-15, 01:16 PM
2 new crafts in the work shop

Won't let me upload pics for some reason.

The snowmen orbs are obtained from chopping mystery gift boxes.

The pic above doesn't show the text above the first craft:
"Get 1 of 6 new decorations for your kingdom"

With my luck I'll get the poinsettias every time....lol

paisdelasmaravillas
12-10-15, 01:17 PM
Ivi and Thomas gives 4 chocolate coins each time
Each cottage gives one jingle bells each time

Anaboe
12-10-15, 01:21 PM
Too bad I just collected from Ivy's a few hours ago...

meme1098
12-10-15, 01:25 PM
Too bad I just collected from Ivy's a few hours ago...

And I didn't think to put out any cottages this morning. Oh well...I'll probably end up with nothing but poinsettias anyway with my luck...lol

****Okay, I've had to force close to get the ribbons to show up in the workshop. ****

Thanks to all my great nbrs, I have 12 already :D

newpam575
12-10-15, 01:29 PM
You can gift ribbons and the felt and leaves are now removed.

Guardian452
12-10-15, 01:31 PM
Anyone know how we are suppose to be able to request additional Holiday Ribbons?

Sandybellee
12-10-15, 01:31 PM
How can I ask more ribbons from neighbors? I already got one and now I can't ask for more through the goal. I didn't send many requests because the goal asked for just one, but then noticed the text says we need a lot of it.

meme1098
12-10-15, 01:34 PM
Anyone know how we are suppose to be able to request additional Holiday Ribbons?

How can I ask more ribbons from neighbors? I already got one and now I can't ask for more through the goal. I didn't send many requests because the goal asked for just one, but then noticed the text says we need a lot of it.

Did that part of the goal get ticked off for you already? Oh, no, I hope not.
I was able to send requests out after each new one came in from a nbr since I knew they were on. Mine didn't close until after I got 12.

Also, newpam575 above posted they are now giftable.

Sandybellee
12-10-15, 01:38 PM
I was able to send requests out after each new one came in from a nbr since I knew they were on. Mine didn't close until after I got 12.

Yes, it ticked off as soon as I got one. :(

meme1098
12-10-15, 01:39 PM
Yes, it ticked off as soon as I got one. :(

Send a quick PM to Sourpatch maybe??

kdgulle
12-10-15, 01:39 PM
I would think you can ask for more through the workshop. I have 14 so I can't ask for more. For the holiday ribbons.

mreames
12-10-15, 01:40 PM
And we can only hold 15 ribbons in inventory. I'll have to wait on bells before I can use any ribbons.

meme1098
12-10-15, 01:41 PM
And we can only hold 15 ribbons in inventory. I'll have to wait on bells before I can use any ribbons.

Aw gee! Just 15??? Poo! Hadn't checked my inventory yet.

mimiamelia
Seems like a fun quest...wondering if I should build more cottages, I only have 5.

Good luck everyone! :)

kdgulle
I didn't have any cottages out either. I'll have to wait as well.

mreames
12-10-15, 01:44 PM
Aw gee! Just 15??? Poo! Hadn't checked my inventory yet.

I guess I got lucky enough to have neighbors respond at the same time. I have 17/15 right now. Lol

my2place
12-10-15, 01:46 PM
Gotta give it to S8 for keeping us on our toes! I didn't know if I should just ask for one ribbon, that maybe other requests would be needed as well or go all out and risk getting overflow .... so I did a happy medium and sent out 10 requests.

PrincessCupOButter
12-10-15, 01:49 PM
I sent out 20 requests, and was saving stormie for later....since I've received 9 ribbons so far, I decided to send out a few more requests from neighbors who are currently requesting them. No such luck. The ability to ask is gone.

I just read that they added the ability to gift them. That's good, but hopefully we won't be limited to sending one per day as we were with the felt and leaves (or at least I was).

Assuming we get a different mystery gift each time, it will take a minimum of 6 ribbons to collect all gifts (I'm with Lorraine....with my luck I'll end up with all poinsettias). But who knows how many gifts we will need to make to get the snowman orbs.
This isn't a complaint.....it looks like it will be fun! And won't chain me to the iPad!! But could someone from the staff or a moderator please find out if there will be additional ways to collect ribbon? Or will the ability to request it be back?

ShibuyaCloth
12-10-15, 01:49 PM
You can overrun the ribbons cap. I am now at 25 within minutes.

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 01:52 PM
Hey guys! Here to clarify the Holiday Ribbons... They come from gift requests, unrelated to the task in the first quest. That task is just a way to quickly get you the first ribbon :)

Every request you accept through gifting will give you 3 Holiday Ribbons each.

Hope that helps, and you all have fun with the event!

mreames
12-10-15, 01:52 PM
You can overrun the ribbons cap. I am now at 25 within minutes.

Yeah I was going to report back that it must have been a mistake because I have 19 now. Now I wish I had sent a request to everyone. Lol

mreames
12-10-15, 01:55 PM
Gift requests as in we can only send out 3 a day as opposed to neighbor requests?

Hey guys! Here to clarify the Holiday Ribbons... They come from gift requests, unrelated to the task in the first quest. That task is just a way to quickly get you the first ribbon :)

Tastyfood134
12-10-15, 02:03 PM
Sourpatch, are you sure about ribbons? If you press question mark on ribbon for more info it says to ask more from neighbors. How can we do that if option is gone?

brendaisme
12-10-15, 02:06 PM

I was conservative too and sent out about 20. Now the ability to ask for more is gone. Shoukd have checked the forum before I did anything!

BellaRose0720
12-10-15, 02:11 PM
I asked my neighbours for holiday ribbons and a few of them have replied but the goal still says it is not done and I have no ribbons in inventory. I asked all my neighbours already so I cannot ask anyone else today. Please help?!

UPDATE: It took until someone gifted me a ribbon before it checked the goal. All good now. :)

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 02:13 PM
Through here :)

Social > Neighbors > Gift

ktorewqas
12-10-15, 02:14 PM
I asked my neighbours for holiday ribbons and a few of them have replied but the goal still says it is not done and I have no ribbons in inventory. I asked all my neighbours already so I cannot ask anyone else today. Please help?!force close or visit a neighbor then come back, the number should be updated

jim23cash
12-10-15, 02:14 PM
The next task asked me to buy a gift, but there are no gifts in the market?

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 02:16 PM
Gift requests as in we can only send out 3 a day as opposed to neighbor requests?

Yes, I believe so. The event is tuned with the 3/day limit in mind, so if you're sending/receiving your limit of 3 (which grants you 9 Holiday Ribbons total, 3 per gift) you should be right on track!

meme1098
12-10-15, 02:17 PM
I guess I got lucky enough to have neighbors respond at the same time. I have 17/15 right now. Lol

I don't know how but I've got a bunch, too. Not that I'm complaining but I guess the limit is a bit more than 15.....lol.

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-10-15, 02:18 PM
Something fun AND new... Yayyyyyyy!!!

So, to clarify, once we ASK for holiday ribbons in the first goal, the only way to get them afterwards is by receiving them as a gift ... ?

PrincessCupOButter
12-10-15, 02:20 PM
Through here :)

Social > Neighbors > Gift

How many ribbons will we be able to send and recieve daily? I know we are limited to sending three gifts daily, but of the three, I was only ever able to send one holiday felt and one leaves per day.

I sure wish I'd sent out more requests too. :( I'm stuck at 10 ribbons, and I definitely sent to active players. Starting out with 15+ would have been a great boost.

my2place
I just read that they added the ability to gift them. That's good, but hopefully we won't be limited to sending one per day as we were with the felt and leaves (or at least I was).

You can send more than one - I hadn't gifted yet today and was able to send 3 out

mreames
I don't know how but I've got a bunch, too. Not that I'm complaining but I guess the limit is a bit more than 15.....lol.

The other 2 items are 60 and 75 limit. Yeah I was up to 23 last I saw. YP isn't doing as well. Lol only 11.

ktorewqas
12-10-15, 02:21 PM
Has anyone crafted the gift box? How many orbs can we get from one box? If only old Thomas and ivy give coins, then I think I can craft 3 boxes per day. So the orbs's dropping is critical here since the decoration's Radom rate is 1/6 possibility. Wish me good luck :D

PrincessCupOButter
12-10-15, 02:24 PM
You can send more than one - I hadn't gifted yet today and was able to send 3 out

Thanks! That definitely helps!!

jim23cash
12-10-15, 02:27 PM

SOURPATCH: Can you help with this please?

Anaboe
12-10-15, 02:27 PM
Gotta give it to S8 for keeping us on our toes! I didn't know if I should just ask for one ribbon, that maybe other requests would be needed as well or go all out and risk getting overflow .... so I did a happy medium and sent out 10 requests.
Oeps... I sent out 311 requests as I imagined I could send out only 1 request and then the boxed will be checked.

So now I have 24 Holiday Ribbons in inventory, and 287 neighbours that will still recieve my request over the next days...

Which isn't nessecarily a bad thing, only when I need to sent out another request in the next few days...

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 02:28 PM
Something fun AND new... Yayyyyyyy!!!

So, to clarify, once we ASK for holiday ribbons in the first goal, the only way to get them afterwards is by receiving them as a gift ... ?

Reliably, yes. There is also a small chance for them to drop from the gift boxes, but it is not guaranteed.

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-10-15, 02:29 PM
Reliably, yes. There is also a small chance for them to drop from the gift boxes, but it is not guaranteed.
K, thx for clearing up *that* lil confusion :) ... Now how about that gift we're suppose to buy that's not in the market? Lol

Anaboe
12-10-15, 02:31 PM
On the twelfth day of christmas, my lover gave to me... 2 snowman!!!

Do you want to build a snowman?

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 02:31 PM
No no no, you don't need to buy one! There's one in your inventory :) Each quest gives one of the different Gift Boxes. You'll also have one after you complete the craft!

That task will complete once you place either the gift box from your inventory or the one that comes out of the craft. Please let me know if this is not the case!

jim23cash
12-10-15, 02:35 PM
No no no, you don't need to buy one! There's one in your inventory :) Each quest gives one of the different Gift Boxes. You'll also have one after you complete the craft!

That task will complete once you place either the gift box from your inventory or the one that comes out of the craft. Please let me know if this is not the case!
Ok, it said "Place one gift" but the button said "Buy" and took me to the market.... But I placed one from inventory, and it completed the task. I was confused by the "Buy" button.
Thank you! :D

ktorewqas
12-10-15, 02:35 PM
On the twelfth day of christmas, my lover gave to me... 2 snowman!!!

Do you want to build a snowman?are the two snowman called "orbs"? Are they from one gift box? Thank you :)

Anaboe
12-10-15, 02:38 PM
I don't know, I still need 6 Jingle Bells and 6 Chocolate Coins before I can advance and build a Mystery gift box...

I just had to think of these songs when I saw the snowman we need :)

kolakid
12-10-15, 02:38 PM
placed my gift box from inventory but the goal didnt complete:mad:
bug?!

kolakid
12-10-15, 02:41 PM
now say buy... but none to buy!!!

l03z
12-10-15, 02:41 PM

Same here. And I placed the one from the inventory, but that doesn't tick off the box!

ktorewqas
12-10-15, 02:46 PM
I don't know, I still need 6 Jingle Bells and 6 Chocolate Coins before I can advance and build a Mystery gift box...

I just had to think of these songs when I saw the snowman we need :) lol thank you :D

crystalfire2000
12-10-15, 02:50 PM
Doesn't seem fair, it said collect 1, then allowed 20? I just asked for one. Had I know, would have asked for 20.

arikasi
12-10-15, 02:50 PM
I am so frustrated with each event needing to first sell town buildings from a previous event. Seriously, please double or triple the town building limit.

That being said I sold my farm houses to buy cottages again and am happily collecting.

susbebe
12-10-15, 02:56 PM
Hi, i did not get a change to ask my nieghbors. I accepted one as a gift and when the goal pop up, I only have a checkup mark... Not fair...

mreames
12-10-15, 03:12 PM
placed my gift box from inventory but the goal didnt complete:mad:
bug?!

Apparently it should have completed after placing it from inventory. It doesn't require buying. You might try force closing and reopening.

susiepetcat
12-10-15, 03:14 PM
Hi, i did not get a change to ask my nieghbors. I accepted one as a gift and when the goal pop up, I only have a checkup mark... Not fair...

Same here!

mreames
12-10-15, 03:17 PM

Ouch! Not that it changes the pain, but you should have 3 in inventory from that 1 gift?

meme1098
12-10-15, 03:17 PM
Same here. And I placed the one from the inventory, but that doesn't tick off the box!

Do you need to chop it?

meme1098
12-10-15, 03:19 PM
Ok, it said "Place one gift" but the button said "Buy" and took me to the market.... But I placed one from inventory, and it completed the task. I was confused by the "Buy" button.
Thank you! :D

Ok..here Jim just placed it & it completed so don't know 103z

kellbell710
12-10-15, 03:20 PM
I have sent out tons of requests yet, I haven't received anything. I have answered several requests but I still don't see anything. My neighbors are great. They always come through when asked. I have force closed my game 2x just to be sure thats not the issue. I hate these kind of tasks.

Update : I have force closed for a 3rd time and the original requests from my neighbors that I responded to earlier are back like I never sent them. I think it's a sign to give up on this game :D

kolakid
12-10-15, 03:26 PM
did force close
but didnt tick off goal and now says "buy" but nothing to buy!

mreames
12-10-15, 03:29 PM
did force close
but didnt tick off goal and now says "buy" but nothing to buy!

Yeah, S8 already said you shouldn't have to buy anything. Have you tried chopping it like meme1098 suggested? (Even though it shouldn't require that.)

mreames
12-10-15, 03:30 PM
Sounds like another sync error.

I have sent out tons of requests yet, I haven't received anything. I have answered several requests but I still don't see anything. My neighbors are great. They always come through when asked. I have force closed my game 2x just to be sure thats not the issue. I hate these kind of tasks.

Update : I have force closed for a 3rd time and the original requests from my neighbors that I responded to earlier are back like I never sent them. I think it's a sign to give up on this game :D

kolakid
12-10-15, 03:32 PM
OK, finished the "wrap" goal...then completed... so was complete even though showed "buy"
bit confusing!

88silver
12-10-15, 03:37 PM
I was asking neighbors for ribbon as I got requests from them (hoping to get an active neighbor and wanting to save my requests in case the next step required more neighbor requests). After two requests, someone answered mine. And now I can't ask for more. Not happy that we have one chance to ask neighbors and then we're stuck hoping that we get ribbons as gifts. My neighbors are great at responding to requests, but I only have a small handful of neighbors that I exchange gifts with.

Please, S8, provide a way to continue to ask neighbors for ribbon!

caius76
12-10-15, 03:38 PM
are we supposed to also receive ribbons when we accept requests for them? I accepted a gifted ribbon before sending requests, so my goal box is checked off. Then I accepted a slew of requests, but only have 3 in my inventory. No change after force closing.

kolakid
12-10-15, 03:41 PM
got a "winter gate" ... not one of the ones for the " Present Galore" goal!
So possibility of getting Other decorations that are not in the Goal...?!!!

ripley3344
12-10-15, 03:43 PM
I have the same question about how to send more ribbon requests once it disappears. AND, my goal says there is one gift in my inventory to purchase but, there is not.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ripley

ripley3344
12-10-15, 03:44 PM
The gift box just appeared...

Still trying to figure out how to ask for more ribbon.

sircatalot
12-10-15, 03:45 PM

Me too! So sad!

ripley3344
12-10-15, 03:46 PM
It looks like we can send/receive only 3 ribbons a day through the Send Gifts option. This isn't good...

mreames
12-10-15, 03:49 PM
It looks like we can send/receive only 3 ribbons a day through the Send Gifts option. This isn't good...

Those 3 should translate to 9, at least. Each gift is 3 actual ribbons.

mreames
12-10-15, 03:51 PM
It looks like the elf gnome will come as a reward, not through crafting. Just based on it showing on the 1st goal.

ripley3344
12-10-15, 03:52 PM
I second this request: "Please, S8, provide a way to continue to ask neighbors for ribbon!"

totalwasteoftime
12-10-15, 03:59 PM
That was quick... The "buy" now says "place" BUT since I already placed my bonus one it didn't tick off the goal. Assuming it will once I place the one that's crafting. My first present yielded 1 snowman orb and one ribbon. (1 chop after placing)

l03z
12-10-15, 03:59 PM
Ok..here Jim just placed it & it completed so don't know 103z

Still no, after force quit and restart... :/

sircatalot
12-10-15, 04:00 PM
I second this request: "Please, S8, provide a way to continue to ask neighbors for ribbon!"

Or at least let those of us who never got a chance to ask neighbors, make the requests.

mreames
12-10-15, 04:06 PM
Or at least let those of us who never got a chance to ask neighbors, make the requests.

I'd second that, too, and it wouldn't even benefit me.

LillieNomi
12-10-15, 04:15 PM
That was quick... The "buy" now says "place" BUT since I already placed my bonus one it didn't tick off the goal. Assuming it will once I place the one that's crafting. My first present yielded 1 snowman orb and one ribbon. (1 chop after placing)

Yes, that was fast! But it doesn't work! I already placed and then because nothing happend chopped the first box before the change. Now the goal isn't ticked off... I also assumed that the box I crafted would do the trick but I just collect that one and it doesn't work! The "place" button in the goal now takes me nowhere. I also tried placing it with the edit mode but it doesn't register... So now I'm just stuck on the goal!

my2place
12-10-15, 04:21 PM
I just crafted and placed the gift box, but it did not register :(

mreames
12-10-15, 04:26 PM
Hey all... Especially those that didn't get to request ribbons... I wouldn't panic too much after thinking about it...
The Ivy/ old Thomas drops (chocolate coins) will be more limiting than the 9 ribbons a day from gifting. If you have regular trade partners, I definitely would communicate with each other and get on the same page about gifting ribbon, though.

ripley3344
12-10-15, 04:36 PM
I've opened 2 gift boxes and 1 grand box. But, it only gave me credit for 2 boxes. I think we have bugs...

Anaboe
12-10-15, 04:39 PM
I never communicate with my neighbors and those with whom I gift... but for now, I feel the need...

I already have 34 ribbons... And since I sent out 311 requests, I guess I will recieve lots more... so I don't need gifts now... am gonna tell my neighbors that...

kdgulle
12-10-15, 04:43 PM
I placed and chopped my gift in my inventory and that didn't count either. I'm not sure what's going on. I forced close too. Nothing

mreames
12-10-15, 04:45 PM
I placed and chopped my gift in my inventory and that didn't count either. I'm not sure what's going on. I forced close too. Nothing

Ugh, I'm not to that point yet so I was sure hoping y'all would have it worked out before I got there. Lol

Anyone that has actually experienced this might want to report it in the bugs section. I don't know if it'll trigger a fix faster or not but worth a try.

myzterious32
12-10-15, 05:11 PM
I'm android and didnt get a chance to ask for ribbons either! Seems quite unfair after all the hundreds I spend on this game

kolakid
12-10-15, 05:13 PM
Happened me too
BUT
when I finished the "Wrap" part in goal
it completed the goal even though the "place/buygift box "from inventory hadnt been ticked off

LillieNomi
12-10-15, 05:19 PM
Happened me too
BUT
when I finished the "Wrap" part in goal
it completed the goal even though the "place/buygift box "from inventory hadnt been ticked off

Good for you!!!
But no change here! Just force closed and reopened again, I'm still stuck...

janddolphins
12-10-15, 05:38 PM
Thank you S8 for what looks like will be a fun quest. My sneak peek musings came true with the Hanukkah gelt and I look forward to collecting that alongside the Christmas items.

Good luck everyone!

Haflaxus
12-10-15, 05:46 PM
Hey all... Especially those that didn't get to request ribbons... I wouldn't panic too much after thinking about it...
The Ivy/ old Thomas drops (chocolate coins) will be more limiting than the 9 ribbons a day from gifting. If you have regular trade partners, I definitely would communicate with each other and get on the same page about gifting ribbon, though.

I don't know if I can be as calmed as you. I woke up and saw 2 of my neighbor sent me 2 (6) Ribbons. I accepted them then the ask button never popped up, all I get is the green checked mark. I was unable to ask my neighbor for ribbons, not even one. I feel so frustration to have only 9 Ribbons from gifts a day. I want my ask button back.

isabeland
12-10-15, 05:47 PM
A couple of my cottages just gave me 2 bells each.

meme1098
12-10-15, 05:49 PM
Good for you!!!
But no change here! Just force closed and reopened again, I'm still stuck...

Try putting the gift back in storage, then do a force close & come back to place it after that. Hoping that works for you unless that's how you just did it. *fingers crossed for you*

PS:
I'm wondering if all those who lost the option to request ribbons from nbrs are on android????

mreames
12-10-15, 05:55 PM
I understand but the reality is you need 1 ribbon for every 10 chocolate coins. If you collected from Ivy twice a day and from old Thomas for every 2 hours for even 20 hours, that's a max of 48 chocolate coins. That means you'll use 4 ribbons for making mystery gift boxes and occasionally 5. That leaves 5 or occasionally 4 a day for mystery decorations. But it is important to get those 9 ribbons a day.

I don't know if I can be as calmed as you. I woke up and saw 2 of my neighbor sent me 2 (6) Ribbons. I accepted them then the ask button never popped up, all I get is the green checked mark. I was unable to ask my neighbor for ribbons, not even one. I feel so frustration to have only 9 Ribbons from gifts a day. I want my ask button back.

ktorewqas
12-10-15, 06:06 PM
I got one orb ONLY from one gift box :( that means that I only can craft 1.5 decoration per day. Good luck, everyone :confused:

SpiritWind00
12-10-15, 06:18 PM
i was stuck on the 2nd goal too. I placed the gift from my inventory, chopped it, didn't clear goal. I force closed and then did the first craft and when i collected it finished the goal.

If you're stuck, do the first craft and place the gift box. Force close your game. Please post if you're still stuck.

mreames
12-10-15, 06:18 PM
I doubt they're all on android. This is one of those very rare cases where the early starters have an advantage over the later starters. People had already sent out gifts and those that accepted the gift before they could send out requests to neighbors, lost the ability to ask neighbors because that part of the goal was already completed by already having a ribbon.

Try putting the gift back in storage, then do a force close & come back to place it after that. Hoping that works for you unless that's how you just did it. *fingers crossed for you*

PS:
I'm wondering if all those who lost the option to request ribbons from nbrs are on android????

Haflaxus
12-10-15, 06:20 PM
I understand but the reality is you need 1 ribbon for every 10 chocolate coins. If you collected from Ivy twice a day and from old Thomas for every 2 hours for even 20 hours, that's a max of 48 chocolate coins. That means you'll use 4 ribbons for making mystery gift boxes and occasionally 5. That leaves 5 or occasionally 4 a day for mystery decorations. But it is important to get those 9 ribbons a day.

Thank you for a very useful information. Hope that we all get through this event successfully.

shash75
12-10-15, 06:36 PM
I never got a chance to ask any of my neighbors for ribbons. When I opened the goal, it was already checked. It's not an android issue, because I play on my iPad. It's not really fair that some of us were unable to make any requests while others were able to make multiple requests, even hundreds.

mreames
12-10-15, 06:41 PM

I never got a chance to ask any of my neighbors for ribbons. When I opened the goal, it was already checked. It's not an android issue, because I play on my iPad. It's not really fair that some of us were unable to make any requests while others were able to make multiple requests, even hundreds.

It's not quite as bad as it seems if you check the math above, as long as you can get 3 people to gift you. Plus the grand gift that comes as a prize tried to give me some ribbons but I was maxed. I don't know how many ribbons it would've given but it did give 5 orbs.

Lunaticus
12-10-15, 06:41 PM
Got 5 snowballs from each grand gift + 1 freebie (1 simple glue/1 ribbon/3 festive wall/ 1 festive tower/ 1 feative gate)

sunnygirl634
12-10-15, 06:46 PM
Drop report:

When I chopped a my mystery gift box I got 1 snowman and a wreath lamppost.

When I chopped the special box I got as a reward in goal 2, I got 5 snowman and 1 festive tower.

zernzid
12-10-15, 06:57 PM
i was stuck on the 2nd goal too. I placed the gift from my inventory, chopped it, didn't clear goal. I force closed and then did the first craft and when i collected it finished the goal.

If you're stuck, do the first craft and place the gift box. Force close your game. Please post if you're still stuck.

It's now working. I'm still stuck...........
2 boxes are gone and I'm waiting for my 3rd box. :(

olcastle
12-10-15, 06:59 PM

I crafted the second box but still can't "Place" it properly. I tried many times with both boxes, force closed, nothing works.

isabeland
12-10-15, 07:00 PM
I chopped a gift and got 1 snowman and 1 mithral.

SpiritWind00
12-10-15, 07:10 PM
It's now working. I'm still stuck...........
2 boxes are gone and I'm waiting for my 3rd box. :(

Try a reinstall of the app and see if that works if the "Place" goal is still in your book.

isabeland
12-10-15, 07:11 PM
I'm stuck at placing too. I've made a gift and placed both multiple times, force closed a few times. Chopped both, still no luck. Making two more now...

ReMurph90
12-10-15, 07:12 PM
I placed the first box and crafted a second; I then chopped both and got one Ivy Lamppost and some Earth Wisps. I now have no boxes in my inventory and need more ribbons to craft more boxes.
I have forced closed the game as well as deleting/reinstalling; but the goal ?Chocolate Giftwarpping? is still there

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 07:21 PM
Hey guys! I think I found the issue with the task to place a Gift Box, and am working to get the fix tested and pushed out.

In the meantime, that task should still work if you place the Gift Box received from the Mystery Gift Box craft - however, you must place the Gift Box immediately after the task completes. Do not store the item first, as that may cause the task to not complete.

Lunaticus
12-10-15, 07:22 PM
How many times a day can we receive gifts from neighbors? Would that mean thats the only times you can crafts gifts (if you haven't ask for any/get extra from choppong gifts)

SpiritWind00
12-10-15, 07:32 PM
How many times a day can we receive gifts from neighbors? Would that mean thats the only times you can crafts gifts (if you haven't ask for any/get extra from choppong gifts)

You can receive quite a few, 20 I think off the top of my head. The bigger issue is that can only store 15 ribbons and each gift is 3 ribbons. So be careful when you hit Accept.

mreames
12-10-15, 07:39 PM

You can RECEIVE quite a few but can only gift 3 neighbors a day.

Lunaticus
12-10-15, 07:39 PM
You can receive quite a few, 20 I think off the top of my head. The bigger issue is that can only store 15 ribbons and each gift is 3 ribbons. So be careful when you hit Accept.

Thanks SW! I'll remember that.

castleqt
12-10-15, 07:40 PM
I have force closed and did a reinstall, but place button is still not working. How do we get past chocolate gift wrapping goal?

meme1098
12-10-15, 07:48 PM
I have force closed and did a reinstall, but place button is still not working. How do we get past chocolate gift wrapping goal?

See post by Sourp4tch:

I'm waiting now too as placing isn't working for me either.

Indryia
12-10-15, 07:50 PM
Ribbons are also available in Baron's Game Tent. I had 2 cases.

sunnygirl634
12-10-15, 07:57 PM
My first mystery decoration drop was the poinsettia. There was no quantity listed on the back of the card, so apparently there is no limit on the decorations.

carebear8724
12-10-15, 08:12 PM
I'm having the same problem too. I actually got the chance to place my box and chop it but it didn't register. Help!

vednir
12-10-15, 08:15 PM
Another buggy update that's good for the game's economy as I was also not able to ask for ribbons due to having received one as a gift.

AngieA67
12-10-15, 08:16 PM
This one doesn't seem possible for me as I have no gifting buddies :-(

my2place
12-10-15, 08:19 PM
however, you must place the Gift Box immediately after the task completes. Do not store the item first, as that may cause the task to not complete.
Thanks SP! That was my problem, I did not place directly after crafting, I stored first. Second craft, I placed directly and the task completed :)

LadyFencer
12-10-15, 08:29 PM
I had to chop a gift box to get it to register as having placed the box. Neither the one from my inventory nor the one I crafted registered when I placed them, and I placed the one I crafted immediately.

meme1098
12-10-15, 08:35 PM
Thanks SP! That was my problem, I did not place directly after crafting, I stored first. Second craft, I placed directly and the task completed :)

Oh, good. Have another gift crafting & keeping my fingers crossed it works then for me as well.

anurulz
12-10-15, 08:42 PM
One of my nbrs had gifted the ribbon to me which i foolishly accepted before even opening the quest and it for ticked off...cnt request for any now...*sad face*

djyipyipyippee
12-10-15, 08:50 PM

Too late! That's exactly what I did. I guess I'll be waiting on the fix.

stargaze91
12-10-15, 09:14 PM
Don't know if this has already been posted ,but I got the holiday ribbons and jingle bells from the barons tent too, in my gift account.so yay to those who use their 3 free cabbages,but for those who have the cabbage hut ( my main account:( ) we miss out on the chance to get those free stuff

meme1098
12-10-15, 09:22 PM

The 2nd craft completed the goal for me. Immediately when collected, I placed it & the popup came up as completed. Ya!!!
Thanks, my2place! :)

SpuriousNotion
12-10-15, 09:46 PM
I got the gingerbread house for my first mystery decoration. Quite festive. Now it just needs to have a witch start living in it to lure in some of those orphans. :)

tuffyjkitten
12-10-15, 09:57 PM
The prize gift didnt register when placed but the crafted one did.

judyvines
12-10-15, 10:45 PM
Three mystery decorations made, three poinsettias. Oh joy!

OnlyOneRamoth
12-10-15, 10:57 PM

I do not think that the inventory limit applies to gifts. It has not in the past; for example, it did not with holiday felt....I started with 30-the max- and now have 64.

coolssp
12-10-15, 11:18 PM
Another buggy update that's good for the game's economy as I was also not able to ask for ribbons due to having received one as a gift.

Same here :(

jaymieb2
12-10-15, 11:34 PM

My first present yielded 3 Snowman Orbs and one Winter Wall...

vulpesvulpes1
12-10-15, 11:43 PM
Placed two gift boxes, opened one, closed game numerous times, reinstalled game--still can't complete "Chocolate Giftwrapping?" goal.

ggfdddgh
12-10-15, 11:48 PM
I didnt ask for any ribbons and the option ticked off by itself. So dissapointing

lexigoodies
12-10-15, 11:53 PM
If anyone needs ribbons as gifts, add me as a neighbor {lexigoodies} and write a note on my wall. I don't always visit neighbors but I always respond to requests and return gifts.

EBJW
12-11-15, 12:19 AM
I don't get it (either):
this morning I had made a mystery gift box; just collected, got 2, put them in inventory first, then placed them, and opened them. Then I saw the quest ?chocolate giftwrapping', but the 'place a gift box' was still open, had not counted.
Usually this happens automatically, even if I work around the right buttons it still counts. Not this time. Now I have to wait and wait, and then push the button before I place the gift box?! Or when I make a new one will I be asked (again) if I want to place them or take them to inventory, and do the first one now, will it work then?!

Why is this so weird?
If you don't know (like me) you may NOT place them in inventory first you're in bad luck, have to wait and guess what's going on (not everybody reads the forum)(or like me not in time).

I have all the supplies ready to make a Mystery Decoration now, but will hold off, cause I'm afraid it will mess up my quests....

???
What happens now for me?

ShibuyaCloth
12-11-15, 12:38 AM
What is the cap for the Snowmann Orb?

mreames
12-11-15, 12:41 AM
They have acknowledged there is a bug in that part and are working on it. The next time you craft a gift, don't store it first. Hopefully then it'll work.

I don't get it (either):
this morning I had made a mystery gift box; just collected, got 2, put them in inventory first, then placed them, and opened them. Then I saw the quest ?chocolate giftwrapping', but the 'place a gift box' was still open, had not counted.
Usually this happens automatically, even if I work around the right buttons it still counts. Not this time. Now I have to wait and wait, and then push the button before I place the gift box?! Or when I make a new one will I be asked (again) if I want to place them or take them to inventory, and do the first one now, will it work then?!

Why is this so weird?
If you don't know (like me) you may NOT place them in inventory first you're in bad luck, have to wait and guess what's going on (not everybody reads the forum)(or like me not in time).

I have all the supplies ready to make a Mystery Decoration now, but will hold off, cause I'm afraid it will mess up my quests....

???
What happens now for me?

mreames
12-11-15, 12:45 AM
What is the cap for the Snowmann Orb?

You can hold 50 of them.

yansnowy
12-11-15, 12:54 AM
I log in the game and one neighbor gifted me the ribbon. I had no opportunity to ask my neighbors for ribbons. I only have 3 and I used up. I wouldn't request from my 78 neighbors. I wouldn't continue the game as I have zero ribbon.

stargaze91
12-11-15, 01:30 AM
I log in the game and one neighbor gifted me the ribbon. I had no opportunity to ask my neighbors for ribbons. I only have 3 and I used up. I wouldn't request from my 78 neighbors. I wouldn't continue the game as I have zero ribbon.

Sent over an invite ..I have one gift slot left ,so I'll send you holiday ribbons :)

pieandcream
12-11-15, 01:48 AM
sorry for double post......silly posting delay

pieandcream
12-11-15, 01:48 AM

i accepted 2 requests since reboot (new day ..), sent out 2 ribbons but only found 3 ribbons in inventory....., not 6. this whole ribbon concept sucks >.< i'll have to hope that 3 of my neighbours will send me ribbons..... to even get 3 per day this way.

janddolphins
12-11-15, 01:49 AM
Can someone please tell me when sending your three gifts if you collect ribbon first you lose that option to send? I may have misunderstood here.

Thanks!

Ps loving the diversity and collecting as much gelt as I can!

SpiritWind00
12-11-15, 02:05 AM
Can someone please tell me when sending your three gifts if you collect ribbon first you lose that option to send? I may have misunderstood here.

Thanks!

Ps loving the diversity and collecting as much gelt as I can!

No, that was only about the first goal about neighbours. A gift sends 3 ribbons, so send away! ;)

yansnowy
12-11-15, 02:10 AM

I accepted at least 20 requests but I only have 3 ribbons from one neighbor at start of game.

ShibuyaCloth
12-11-15, 02:11 AM
Crafting items:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50505.png_2v_31020.png
Chocolate Coins
Info: Tasty chocolate favors! Visit Old Thomas and Ivy for more!
Type: Material
Requirements: 3 gems
Found: Ivy's Hut, Old Thomas's House
Cap: 75

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50504.png_2v_31020.png
Jingle Bells
Info: Bright beels, perfect for spreading cheer! Visit Cottages for more!
Requirements: 5 gems
Found: Cottage
Cap: 60

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50503.png_2v_31020.png
Holiday Ribbons
Info: Festive Ribbons, perfect for wrapping gifts! Ask neighbors for more!
Requirements: 5 gems
Found: Gifts
Cap: 15 (25)

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50506.png_2v_31020.png
Snowmann Orbs
Info: Frosty bauble ornaments! Craft and chop Gift Boxes for more!
Requirements: 20 gems
Found: Gift Box, Special Gift Box, Grand Gift Box
Cap: 50

GlvtenFree
12-11-15, 03:00 AM
I accepted at least 20 requests but I only have 3 ribbons from one neighbor at start of game.

I am in the same boat, not receiving anything for accepting neighbors requests for ribbon, aswell as I never got a chance to send requests since the first goal skipped it when I mistakingly acepted one ribbon before i knew of the event :(

anissada
12-11-15, 03:26 AM
TL is watching us.. and taking over as well.
i send out requests for another goal (oinment) yesterday, still need 29..
so was not able to ask for ribbons

and now TL has changes my requests into ribbons.. and i do not like that at all.

i want to decide myself which items i ask and when!

this also means i am missing out on 21 ribbons asthose neighbours did send me oinment and won't get a ribbon request from me.. must be another bug.
if not, why bother playing a game if the gamedevelopers overrule our actions

also stuck on my goal for which i need to ask the ointment.. not allowed to make up my mind which item i want to ask from my neighbours. smells like dictatorship?

pieandcream
12-11-15, 04:00 AM
TL is watching us.. and taking over as well.
i send out requests for another goal (oinment) yesterday, still need 29..
so was not able to ask for ribbons

and now TL has changes my requests into ribbons.. and i do not like that at all.

i want to decide myself which items i ask and when!

this also means i am missing out on 21 ribbons asthose neighbours did send me oinment and won't get a ribbon request from me.. must be another bug.
if not, why bother playing a game if the gamedevelopers overrule our actions

wish they had done that with me O_O same boat, i asked for oitment (i think...) was maxed out on requests but due to game design never got to ask for ribbons.....just they didnt replace my oitments with ribbons. i got 2x3 ribbons in total, from yesterday 3 and today 3......despite having accepted 4 ribbon requests overall.........very weird.

anissada
12-11-15, 04:08 AM
well.. here is the next bug..
i crafted a mystery gift box as requested..
placed two gift boxes and a special gift box, but the goal refuses to award and keeps wanting me to place a gif box.

and the button here to upload a picture keeps hanging on the upload file thing.

EBJW
12-11-15, 04:11 AM
They have acknowledged there is a bug in that part and are working on it. The next time you craft a gift, don't store it first. Hopefully then it'll work.

I didn't get the impression it was a bug, but I may have mis-understood of course!

Anyway, my waiting wasn't as long as I expected, luckily, and I tried another time, this time placed it immediately, and indeed, it worked okay now!
Thanx for helping!

EBJW
12-11-15, 04:19 AM
I just received a pile of gifts:

I wonder about it: it's just deco, can't chop it.
I seem to remember having seen this in previous events, but then they gave stuff when you chopped it?!

Anyone else having received it, experiences?

(sorry if it has been mentioned in this thread, I can't recall, but I'm so confused about this event and other IRL-stuff my mind is a bit blurry...)

CharmOfLea
12-11-15, 04:19 AM
How do we request ribbons? Is there a button? A special pop-up? Searched left and right, top to bottom. Can't request ribbons. Last time I requested items was Thanksgiving, so no queue. I see my neighbors' requests coming in, so there must be a way. Suggestions please. Thanks.

CharmOfLea
12-11-15, 04:22 AM

I seem to remember having seen this in previous events, but then they gave stuff when you chopped it?!

(sorry if it has been mentioned in this thread, I can't recall, but I'm so confused about this event and other IRL-stuff my mind is a bit blurry...)
That's the pile of gifts from last year's Christmas event. It used to have a timer and drop items, which was removed upon completion of the event, rendering the pile only deco.

jessiefromshimerville
12-11-15, 04:23 AM
I placed the gift immediately as suggested. But I did not get credit for opening the small gift under the all wrapped up goal. I only got credit for the larger gift. Did not do anything differently between the two types of gift.

ShibuyaCloth
12-11-15, 04:58 AM

You are correct. This than can be chopped:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb806020.png_2v_31020.png
Large Trove

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb805090.png_2v_31020.png
Treasure Trove

chaben7
12-11-15, 05:00 AM
Placed 2 gifts now, neither of them registered!! Have 11days left to complete this goal but seems I will not get over the 2nd hurdle. Have force closed game, un-installed & re-installed to no avail. Please can something be done about this BUG😟

EBJW
12-11-15, 05:10 AM
That's the pile of gifts from last year's Christmas event. It used to have a timer and drop items, which was removed upon completion of the event, rendering the pile only deco.

Yes, of course!

So I checked cause I seem to remember to have one in inventory, and indeed. But weird, they look the same, are the same, but they don't add up, 2 separate items :rolleyes:

seisurreal
12-11-15, 05:25 AM
Placed 2 gifts now, neither of them registered!! Have 11days left to complete this goal but seems I will not get over the 2nd hurdle. Have force closed game, un-installed & re-installed to no avail. Please can something be done about this BUG��

Hi TL ★ I got the same issue, please debug it fast! :P ★ Ty ★

Happi2knight
12-11-15, 06:17 AM
I got a jingle bells from the tent.

mreames
12-11-15, 06:28 AM
They are working on it. See Sourpatch's post below.

well.. here is the next bug..
i crafted a mystery gift box as requested..
placed two gift boxes and a special gift box, but the goal refuses to award and keeps wanting me to place a gif box.

and the button here to upload a picture keeps hanging on the upload file thing.

I didn't get the impression it was a bug, but I may have mis-understood of course!

Anyway, my waiting wasn't as long as I expected, luckily, and I tried another time, this time placed it immediately, and indeed, it worked okay now!
Thanx for helping!

I placed the gift immediately as suggested. But I did not get credit for opening the small gift under the all wrapped up goal. I only got credit for the larger gift. Did not do anything differently between the two types of gift.

Placed 2 gifts now, neither of them registered!! Have 11days left to complete this goal but seems I will not get over the 2nd hurdle. Have force closed game, un-installed & re-installed to no avail. Please can something be done about this BUG��

Hi TL ★ I got the same issue, please debug it fast! :P ★ Ty ★

anissada
12-11-15, 06:46 AM
They are working on it. See Sourpatch's post below.

i do not understand why there are issues on EVERY update that has been released lately.
don't they test it before releasing? it's frustrating and takes aeay the fun in playing, which also happens due to all those timed events in my case... i don't live to play... have a real life and family too...

susiepetcat
12-11-15, 06:49 AM
I now have 4 Elves from 4 crafting of decorations! Has anyone received any of the other decorations?

moizad
12-11-15, 06:52 AM
You can add me, I'm in search of regular gifting buddies too ! :)

katbtodd
12-11-15, 07:26 AM
I now have 4 Elves from 4 crafting of decorations! Has anyone received any of the other decorations?

My frist was,the frozen fountain second was the Christmas red flower then I got the elf then I got another frozen fountain

PrincessCupOButter
12-11-15, 07:26 AM
i wish we could make the chocolates in the kitchens! :D

So far I've been able to craft 4 mystery gifts and only 3 of the gift boxes.

2 poinsettias 1x1
Frozen fountain 3x3
Gingerbread house 2x2

My last gift box dropped 3 snowman orbs and 1 ribbon

Now I just have to grab those chocolates from Old Thomas before he eats them!
Dear S8 Santa,
Can we please have another source for chocolate?
:rolleyes: ;)

Edit: mystery gifts 5 & 6

2 elf gnomes 1x1

CharmOfLea
12-11-15, 07:27 AM
3x3

anissada
12-11-15, 07:46 AM

doesn' work for me either in my both accounts (anissafashion and anissada)

zyfazix
12-11-15, 07:58 AM

You can add me, I'm in search of regular gifting buddies too ! :)

Adding both of you, I also need gifting neighbours :)

I haven't had a chance yet to place/open a box. Still waiting for more bells

isabeland
12-11-15, 08:10 AM
Deco 1&2: Potted Poinsettia
Deco 3&4: Gingerbread House
Deco 5: Elf
Deco 6&7: Skating Pond

loui5e
12-11-15, 08:10 AM

My first was the frozen fountain, second was the rink.

carove
12-11-15, 08:12 AM

Would like to know the answer to this too.

stargaze91
12-11-15, 08:19 AM
I got a princess Lorelei sculpture, size 2*1

loui5e
12-11-15, 08:20 AM
Would like to know the answer to this too.

Hi Carove, I think people are getting confused with the wording. The initial 'ask' where we clicked the button and selected neighbours was a bit of a nightmare for those that selected just one neighbour. After that option disappeared you need your neighbours to send them to you. When they say 'request' I would take this to mean write on neighbours walls and ask them. When a neighbour sends you a gift it is actually 3 ribbons (not just one). So as long as you have gifting neighbours you should get 9 (=3 ribbons from 3 neighbours) per day. Hope that makes sense?

ktorewqas
12-11-15, 08:25 AM
Crafted four decorations and none of them are the same :D now I only need the icy princess and mountain :)

carove
12-11-15, 08:27 AM
How many ribbons will we be able to send and recieve daily? I know we are limited to sending three gifts daily, but of the three, I was only ever able to send one holiday felt and one leaves per day.

I sure wish I'd sent out more requests too. :( I'm stuck at 10 ribbons, and I definitely sent to active players. Starting out with 15+ would have been a great boost.
I only sent out to one nbr for that too. Task description was not explained very well now I'm all ready out of ribbons.

ladyperidot
12-11-15, 08:28 AM
Crafted four decorations and none of them are the same :D now I only need the icy princess and mountain :)

I wish I was that lucky. So far I have two elves!

carove
12-11-15, 08:38 AM
Yes that's what I did unfortunately. I believe it was poorly explained in the task. I suppose you live and learn. Note to self: read then retread before pushing button. Lol

carove
12-11-15, 08:40 AM
Hi Carove, I think people are getting confused with the wording. The initial 'ask' where we clicked the button and selected neighbours was a bit of a nightmare for those that selected just one neighbour. After that option disappeared you need your neighbours to send them to you. When they say 'request' I would take this to mean write on neighbours walls and ask them. When a neighbour sends you a gift it is actually 3 ribbons (not just one). So as long as you have gifting neighbours you should get 9 (=3 ribbons from 3 neighbours) per day. Hope that makes sense?
Thank you for your help. I did make that error. In the first instance.

Lyzau
12-11-15, 08:41 AM
There are many neighbours who are not regular gifters suddenly sending me ribbons. I suppose they are hoping to receive some back, but I already use my daily 3x for my regular gifters. If I press "ignore" on their gifts, do they get a new chance to gift to someone else, or would that just turn it into a wasted gift as the gifting person does not get their gift chance re-opened for the day?

meme1098
12-11-15, 08:44 AM
There are many neighbours who are not regular gifters suddenly sending me ribbons. I suppose they are hoping to receive some back, but I already use my daily 3x for my regular gifters. If I press "ignore" on their gifts, do they get a new chance to gift to someone else, or would that just turn it into a wasted gift as the gifting person does not get their gift chance re-opened for the day?

I've always wondered that myself.
I have a rotating gift list so I usually just accept them all everyday. Then if I get a gift from someone not on the rotation, I'll leave a message on their wall about it & that I'll return it as soon as I can.

mehershey
12-11-15, 08:49 AM
Anyone else think the skating pond looks an awful lot like a re-purposed essence pool minus the bubbles??

So far I have two poinsettias and two elf statues.

And have we confirmed that all of these items are merely decor? No drops reported, correct?

mehershey
12-11-15, 08:50 AM
One more question - is there another task after "All Wrapped Up"? I'm not close to finishing (only have opened 3 gifts), but I'm curious about what may be coming next.

meme1098
12-11-15, 08:51 AM

2 poinsettias 1x1
Frozen fountain 3x3
Gingerbread house 2x2

Dear S8 Santa,

2 elf gnomes 1x1

It'd be great if we could craft the chocolates in the kitchen. Level 15s should have a kitchen. Milk, eggs, maybe 1 golden egg for the gold wrapping.

Pretty please, S8 Santa:D

ShibuyaCloth
12-11-15, 09:41 AM

2 poinsettias 1x1
Frozen fountain 3x3
Gingerbread house 2x2

Dear S8 Santa,

2 elf gnomes 1x1

Can you post a screenshot of front & back of the inventory card?

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-11-15, 09:52 AM
If you 'ignore' a gift, they do not get another chance to gift someone else nor does the gift go back to them. They don't even get a notice that you ignored it; the gift just disappears into the ether... So never ignore a prezzie, lol.

newzealander
12-11-15, 09:56 AM
Did you get this sorted, Angie? If not, add me. Newzealander.

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-11-15, 10:02 AM
i wish we could make the chocolates in the kitchens! :D ...

It'd be great if we could craft the chocolates in the kitchen. Level 15s should have a kitchen. Milk, eggs, maybe 1 golden egg for the gold wrapping.

YES! ...kitchens are available to level 10+ but wah, chocolate doesn't come along until level 24, so I like your idea Lorrainne, except substitute regular ole golden coins from our "bank" (say $1000?) for that golden egg, lol.

...maybe we'll get some little mini goals soon that reward us bags of chocolate coins? Anybody have any drop from chopping a gift? (I would have gotten holiday ribbons from chopping a special purple gift if I wasn't already past maxed on 'em, lol).

dragonstorm1981
12-11-15, 10:04 AM
Same thing happened to me, a neighbor had already sent me ribbon so I did not even get a chance to request any from neighbors at all. :-( it ticked off right after I read the goal :(

PrincessCupOButter
12-11-15, 10:16 AM
Can you post a screenshot of front & back of the inventory card?

Hope this helps!

gracelinda
12-11-15, 10:18 AM
So disappointed! Crafting away and got the poinsettia plant TWO times... This quest will require more crafting then I thought to get all the different crafting items.

ktorewqas
12-11-15, 10:40 AM
Wow, there is a special gift box from the gift box crafting and it gave me 3 orbs and winter wall lol

ladyperidot
12-11-15, 10:46 AM

Or, why can't we get them from thurston or Sabina or Griselda??

ladyperidot
12-11-15, 10:47 AM
Wow, there is a special gift box from the gift box crafting and it gave me 3 orbs and winter wall lol

I got orbs and a snowman!

PrincessCupOButter
12-11-15, 10:48 AM
YES! ...kitchens are available to level 10+ but wah, chocolate doesn't come along until level 24, so I like your idea Lorrainne, except substitute regular ole golden coins from our "bank" (say $1000?) for that golden egg, lol.

...maybe we'll get some little mini goals soon that reward us bags of chocolate coins? Anybody have any drop from chopping a gift? (I would have gotten holiday ribbons from chopping a special purple gift if I wasn't already past maxed on 'em, lol).

Fingers crossed for those mini goals!
I can see where the golden eggs could be a problem for some, but since I'm forever maxed on them, I'd gladly trade a few golden eggs for some chocolate coins. (I'm still doing lots of milk and dairy trades, so I'm picking eggs often! Lol)

So far I've gotten anywhere from 1-3 snowman orbs and a winter gate, an Ivy lamp post and one ribbon from the gifts boxes. But I've only chopped 4 due to the severe chocolate shortage. :rolleyes:

hottrthanhott
12-11-15, 10:55 AM
Hello all!
I was wondering if anyone knows what happens next? I only see pictures of the wrapping and gift boxes to be made. Anyone knows what happens after that step? Did I miss it on this thread?
I'm assuming we need chocolate. ☺️

Good luck all!

ktorewqas
12-11-15, 11:09 AM
I got orbs and a snowman!I got a snowman from a regular box so the decorations might be random from any Box. Now I have 5 of 6 decorations needed. Will that be end so quickly? are there any task after the opening 10 boxes? If no, then I will just craft boxes and not craft the decoration :o

tuffyjkitten
12-11-15, 11:43 AM
My first regular box gave mithril and orbs. Second one gave an ivy lamppost and orbs.

I'm going to perpetually be 1 behind on jingle bells I think. I had 5 at the end of yesterday due to the timing of the cottages that got pulled out and built. Collected 6 this morning. Unless I build another cottage I will always be one behind what I need....stupid cottages....

EBJW
12-11-15, 11:48 AM
I got a snowman from a regular box so the decorations might be random from any Box.

Aw.......
I...... want..... a....... snowman.....!!
Hope I'll have better luck this time, before I just didn't get any..... And therefore refused to buy one with gems (obstinate :rolleyes:).
Keep my fingers and toes crossed!

winddom
12-11-15, 12:28 PM
Can't place a gift :-( the button doesn't work. Looks like i can't finish this quest.

carebear8724
12-11-15, 12:37 PM
Anyone looking for a regular gifting neighbor?.?? I usually get gifts from my neighbors but for some reason they have all left me high and dry during this ribbon event. I absolutely promise to give you a gift each day even after this event. ���� add me carebear8724 if you need a giving neighbour

orleansparish
12-11-15, 12:49 PM

Do you need neighbors? I have 5 kingdoms and can send you ribbons from them. Let me know!

I turned in some finished packages and have one pointsetta, about six elves I think they are, two lamp posts, and two snowmen. I wish I didnt have the chop the gift boxes, they're SO pretty! Maybe if im lucky enough to win everything (which I doubt) ill be able to craft some more mystery boxes.

I like this one, seems simply enough as I dont need to turn in hard to come by materials. Just collect from three places and see what you get. I know some folks will throw fits, like when they didnt get stuff the last time...but im up for the challenge!

Super stress free, cant hate that. Considering im doing goals on about 6 games right now! Good luck everyone!

Now I wish I had my gem trees, to put the packages near. Or maybe its still on my kingdom? Got so much junk its hard to locate anything!

mreames
12-11-15, 12:55 PM
Can't place a gift :-( the button doesn't work. Looks like i can't finish this quest.

Did you get the gift out of inventory to place on the board?

Lyzau
12-11-15, 12:58 PM
If you 'ignore' a gift, they do not get another chance to gift someone else nor does the gift go back to them. They don't even get a notice that you ignored it; the gift just disappears into the ether... So never ignore a prezzie, lol.

Thank you for clearing that up! I wonder why that ignore feature even exists!

arikasi
12-11-15, 12:59 PM
So I have now seen three different types of boxes, will list later, (grand, special ...)

But has anyone seen a difference in the prizes or snowmen in them?

M1mi04
12-11-15, 01:03 PM

Same thing here :( I Did place my gift boxes on the board. And the qu'est doesn't finish. I actually place 3 boxes and even chopped them up to get my presents (I made 2 decoration already) and just placed a 4th box out. And still the quest did not finish.

I even tried to force close my game and put it in and out of my inventory.. No luck :confused:

ShibuyaCloth
12-11-15, 01:07 PM
The decorations of the event:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701067.png_2v_31020.png
Potted Poinsettia
Info: A seasonal brilliantly red flower in a gold-foil pot. Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Requirements: 1 Holyday Ribbons, 6 Jingle Bells, 2 Snowmann Orb

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701068.png_2v_31020.png
Elf Gnome
Info: A statue of the world's tiniest but merriest holiday helpers! Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701069.png_2v_31020.png
Info: A glistening ice statue of the lovely Princess Lorelei. Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.
Size: 2x1

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701070.png_2v_31020.png
Gingerbread House
Info: A house made of delicious gingerbread, sugary frosting and sweet candy! Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701071.png_2v_31020.png
Frozen Fountain
Info: A grand fountain whose waters have frozen in the seasonal chill. Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701072.png_2v_31020.png
Skating Pond
Info: A smooth, icy pond perfect for skating and games! Prize from the Holiday Workshop event.

sourp4tch
12-11-15, 01:11 PM
Morning everyone!

The fix for Chocolate Giftwrapping? is almost done being verified! I'll let you know when the fix should be live - at that point, that task will complete even if the Gift Box goes to your inventory first :) Additionally, that button will be removed, since it's not doing anything.

As a reminder, in the meantime this goal can be completed by placing the Gift Box you receive from the Mystery Gift Box craft. You must immediately place the Gift Box on your board - DO NOT STORE IT.

Thanks everyone! Hope you're enjoying the event :)

carebear8724
12-11-15, 01:15 PM
Anyone looking for a regular gifting neighbor?.?? I usually get gifts from my neighbors but for some reason they have all left me high and dry during this ribbon event. I absolutely promise to give you a gift each day even after this event. ���� add me carebear8724 if you need a giving neighbour

Wow thanks too everyone who added me that was quick, glad to see there is other castle story addicts just like me. Lol
Unfortunately I can only have 3 gifting neighbours so I did a first come first serve kinda thing. So thanks to Treno, Dar's Kingdom and Lithaney (I think) her name is printed in really pretty letters that I can't really read. Also thank you to everyone else who added me, and don't fret I visit all my neighbors kingdoms regularly and any request you send me will be promptly replied to.

carebear8724
12-11-15, 01:17 PM
Morning everyone!

The fix for Chocolate Giftwrapping? is almost done being verified! I'll let you know when the fix should be live - at that point, that task will complete even if the Gift Box goes to your inventory first :) Additionally, that button will be removed, since it's not doing anything.

As a reminder, in the meantime this goal can be completed by placing the Gift Box you receive from the Mystery Gift Box craft. You must immediately place the Gift Box on your board - DO NOT STORE IT.

Just wanted to thank you for being an awesome moderator I do not know what I would do without you on this forum! You're great!!
Happy holidays!

winddom
12-11-15, 01:25 PM
I placed the gift in my kingdom but the quest is still remaining. When i preses the button in the quest notification nothing happend

ktorewqas
12-11-15, 01:30 PM
My first regular box gave mithril and orbs. Second one gave an ivy lamppost and orbs.

I'm going to perpetually be 1 behind on jingle bells I think. I had 5 at the end of yesterday due to the timing of the cottages that got pulled out and built. Collected 6 this morning. Unless I build another cottage I will always be one behind what I need....stupid cottages....what does ivy lamppost look like? I have a wreath lamppost.

roguebee
12-11-15, 01:34 PM
what does ivy lamppost look like? I have a wreath lamppost.

Most of the "other" prizes from the regular gift boxes are from last year's Christmas event, part 2.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76096

meme1098
12-11-15, 01:38 PM
I placed the gift in my kingdom but the quest is still remaining. When i preses the button in the quest notification nothing happend

Probably should force close or just wait til the fix is implemented as stated by SourP4tch above.

Awww, yes. Here we go as I predicted yesterday.....

2 - elves
2 - poinsettias
1 - skating pond (which is way too big so I'm not putting it out)

Elves & poinsettias...all I want is the cute gingerbread house...pretty please...lol

M1mi04
12-11-15, 01:51 PM
Morning everyone!

Thanks! I just sent out an email to support a few minutes ago.. (Right after posting in here)

If I recall properly though the last box I crafted, I did place it right away instead of storing it. But it didn't seem to work for me.

Thanks for the info and I'll be watching here to see when the fix will be out.

Thanks again!

ktorewqas
12-11-15, 02:02 PM
Most of the "other" prizes from the regular gift boxes are from last year's Christmas event, part 2.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76096 thank you :)

jsburas123
12-11-15, 02:16 PM
Do you need neighbors? I have 5 kingdoms and can send you ribbons from them. Let me know!

I turned in some finished packages and have one pointsetta, about six elves I think they are, two lamp posts, and two snowmen. I wish I didnt have the chop the gift boxes, they're SO pretty! Maybe if im lucky enough to win everything (which I doubt) ill be able to craft some more mystery boxes.

I like this one, seems simply enough as I dont need to turn in hard to come by materials. Just collect from three places and see what you get. I know some folks will throw fits, like when they didnt get stuff the last time...but im up for the challenge!

Super stress free, cant hate that. Considering im doing goals on about 6 games right now! Good luck everyone!

Now I wish I had my gem trees, to put the packages near. Or maybe its still on my kingdom? Got so much junk its hard to locate anything!
I need one more gifting neighbor

GlvtenFree
12-11-15, 02:31 PM
Sadly I have no gifting neighbors and was blocked out of sending requests in the first goal :( looks like I'll be spending all my gems this Christmas :(

AngieA67
12-11-15, 02:31 PM
Did you get this sorted, Angie? If not, add me. Newzealander.

Just added you, thank you!! Expect ribbons in the morning 😊

meme1098
12-11-15, 02:42 PM
Geez...and now I have 3 poinsettias..:(

adragonluver
12-11-15, 02:51 PM
Ugh I have 5 poinsettias and one elf:mad:

janddolphins
12-11-15, 02:58 PM
My sister is also looking for two more neighbors to exchange ribbons with regularly. First come first serve. Please post on her wall that you are adding her for the ribbon quest to send back and forth.

Her storm ID: PurpleStars23

Thanks in advance!

*thanks for fast reply, she has Ribbon neighbors now :)

sarahlee86
12-11-15, 03:06 PM
I was hoping to build more cottages, but when I try to place another one I get a message that I have to level up. I'm at level 50, so that's definitely not possible �� I have 14 on my board now, but I've seen more that in other neighbors' kingdoms. Does anyone know what I can do?
������Happy Holidays!������

ktorewqas
12-11-15, 03:09 PM
I was hoping to build more cottages, but when I try to place another one I get a message that I have to level up. I'm at level 50, so that's definitely not possible �� I have 14 on my board now, but I've seen more that in other neighbors' kingdoms. Does anyone know what I can do?
������Happy Holidays!������ you could sell other town buildings like farm houses. However, I think 14 cottages are enough for this tasks.

rogue149
12-11-15, 03:23 PM
5 Gifts opened. 2 Potted Poinsettias, 3 Elf Gnomes. Sigh....

corgicapers
12-11-15, 03:23 PM
Have crafted a gingerbread house and went to place and accidentally pressed cancel. Disappeared into the abyss. not in inventory and has not gone from goal. Have force closed but no luck. Any ideas anyone.

Sandybellee
12-11-15, 03:25 PM
Have crafted a gingerbread house and went to place and accidentally pressed cancel. Disappeared into the abyss. not in inventory and has not gone from goal. Have force closed but no luck. Any ideas anyone.

Is it still in the workshop? I went to place the fountain, didn't have space for it, canceled and it went back into the workshop.

corgicapers
12-11-15, 03:31 PM
Is it still in the workshop? I went to place the fountain, didn't have space for it, canceled and it went back into the workshop.

Thank you found it

ShibuyaCloth
12-11-15, 03:34 PM
what does ivy lamppost look like? I have a wreath lamppost.

Look like this

Ivy Lamppost

CKittieSprint
12-11-15, 03:42 PM
This is my first post in the forums - so hello everyone! :cool:

Thus far I have received:

1 Special Gift Box - 1 Winter Tower & 2 Snowman Orbs
1 Grand Gift Box - 1 Elf

I've been playing this game for a while, and never thought to buy just a bunch of cottages to get through the goal & then just place them back in my inventory when done - even though I do that with my animals all the time. So thank you to whomever posted that they have 14 cottages :). I just wish we could have more than 2 workshops - especially when it comes to these timed quests.

arikasi
12-11-15, 03:44 PM
I think you get more snowmen in a grand box than you do in a gift box or a special box.

ShibuyaCloth
12-11-15, 03:44 PM

Gift Box
Drops: Snowman Orb, Holiday Ribbons, Wreath Lamppost, Mithril

Special Gift Box
Drops: Snowmann Orb, Winter Wall

Grand Gift Box
Drops: Snowmann Orb, Simple Glue, Holiday Ribbons, Festive Wall, Festive Tower, Feative Gate

sushi0606
12-11-15, 03:45 PM
3 elf gnomes in a row, not happy. I really don't like it when you have to use materials that are so hard to get and what you're making is random and repetitive. I would really prefer having to make each item seperately, even if it would require a little extra work.

sourp4tch
12-11-15, 04:03 PM
Alright, the fix is live! I confirmed on my account that placing a Gift Box out of your inventory completes Task 2 of "Chocolate Giftwrapping?" :)

Additionally, we went ahead and removed the task button, so that it doesn't contribute to any confusion as to how to complete that task.

Thanks for your patience everyone! I hope you enjoy the rest of the event :)

pieandcream
12-11-15, 04:05 PM

Gift Box
Drops: Snowmann Orb, Holiday Ribbons, Wreath Lamppost, Mithril

Special Gift Box
Drops: Snowmann Orb, Winter Wall

Grand Gift Box
Drops: Snowmann Orb, Simple Glue, Holiday Ribbons, Festive Wall, Festive Tower, Feative Gate

the gift box drops mermaid scales for me (along with snowman orbs) >.<

meme1098
12-11-15, 04:10 PM
3 elf gnomes in a row, not happy. I really don't like it when you have to use materials that are so hard to get and what you're making is random and repetitive. I would really prefer having to make each item seperately, even if it would require a little extra work.

I've gotten 2 elves & 3 poinsettias. Pretty irritating!

Elsie_Dee
12-11-15, 04:15 PM
Hey, thanks to developers for the fix! Now I am having another problem. I collected at Ivy's and didn't get any chocolates, and each time at Thomas' has only given 1 each. Have I missed what multi drops means?

CKittieSprint
12-11-15, 04:21 PM

I absolutely agree!

And while I do appreciate the Winter Tower, its not one of the 'Presents Galore!' prizes - so I am unable to advance in the quest. Additionally, there is not a 'Skip' option either. With that, on top of it being an timed event - it can make gameplay more stressful than fun. :/

sourp4tch
12-11-15, 04:23 PM
Hey, thanks to developers for the fix! Now I am having another problem. I collected at Ivy's and didn't get any chocolates, and each time at Thomas' has only given 1 each. Have I missed what multi drops means?

If you are not maxed out on Chocolate Coins (the limit is 75), you should be getting 4 Chocolate Coins from every harvest of Old Thomas's House and Ivy's Hut. If this is not the case, please email support@storm8.com and let them know so we can look into the issue :)

tazdeil
12-11-15, 04:39 PM
Three skating ponds!!!!

Queenzod
12-11-15, 05:07 PM
Three skating ponds!!!!

Where are you getting those? I opened a gift box, got a pointsettia. Opened two grand gifts, got glue, which I was full on. I've only been able to make 3 gift boxes so far. Not enough chocolate coins. Wah! I want fun stuff, too!

meme1098
12-11-15, 05:26 PM
Got a bit of luck, finally :D. Got the ice statue.

atiragram
12-11-15, 05:32 PM
Hi, just wanted to mention that gift boxes can also drop gift boxes. Chopped a special gift box and got a grand gift box (on top of the orbs and a winter wall).

So I'm quite fine on orbs now, but waiting for the bells despites having 15 cottages out (ok the last 3 I only put out very recently).

As for the decorations I'm with two poinsettas so far.

Cheers,

atiragram

AngieA67
12-11-15, 05:34 PM
4 poinsettias and 3 elf gnomes :-(

touchdown69
12-11-15, 06:05 PM
Well pretty much done the quest waiting on ice skate pond and tell me why the ice waterfall doesn't animate as it supposed to?

totalwasteoftime
12-11-15, 06:34 PM
I got the gingerbread house for my first mystery decoration. Quite festive. Now it just needs to have a witch start living in it to lure in some of those orphans. :)

Love it :)

ktorewqas
12-11-15, 06:36 PM
Look like this

Ivy Lamppost
thank you :D

tazdeil
12-11-15, 06:37 PM
Where are you getting those? I opened a gift box, got a pointsettia. Opened two grand gifts, got glue, which I was full on. I've only been able to make 3 gift boxes so far. Not enough chocolate coins. Wah! I want fun stuff, too!

I'll gladly give you one of my ponds. They take up a massive 4 squares. Where do you get the grand gifts from?