PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/10 Update - Holiday Workshop EXPIRED

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

jbfps116
12-21-15, 06:38 AM
Can't believe how unlucky some are and how lucky others are!!! I saw a neighbor who had like 8 ice statues, but I got none. There really should be a trading system!!
I'm trying a few more times tonight but I doubt it will help. I want to save the presents though for deco so I don't want to use all those up!

dollyjanet
12-21-15, 07:02 AM
I have two more waiting and may get the chance for one more try after that, then I wont have the resources to try anymore, I did vanish one of my elves as I tried to sell it. " I was very disgruntled at the time " and it disappeared in a puff of smoke, very satisfying at the time,but now I'm thinking Santa is going to have an elf short, ha ha

ShibuyaCloth
12-21-15, 07:08 AM
In the nick of time, I got my fountain! Finally got the final prize.

meme1098
12-21-15, 07:11 AM
I have two more waiting and may get the chance for one more try after that, then I wont have the resources to try anymore, I did vanish one of my elves as I tried to sell it. " I was very disgruntled at the time " and it disappeared in a puff of smoke, very satisfying at the time,but now I'm thinking Santa is going to have an elf short, ha ha

Sent a PM

dollyjanet
12-21-15, 07:34 AM
Just collected the two that were in, and guess what,mmmmm two more poinsettias.
So far
24 poinsettias
24 elves plus another one I sent to never never land
1 gingerbread house
3 scating ponds
4 frozen fountains
4 snowmen
6 Ivy lamposts

And a partrige in a pear tree

jbfps116
12-21-15, 08:07 AM
And...... drumroll.... my last attempt at getting the ice statue is..... THE STATUE! [oh sorry, error. of course I DIDN'T get it!!!!!!!!!!!] And as final act of anger on my part, I sold that little gnome to Egypt land for the bargain price of 50 coins!!

hope he doesn't come back to haunt me!

tigerlillyherron
12-21-15, 08:29 AM
Today i am uninstalling castle story.
i find the increasing difficulty to meet the demand of game desingers
too much for me to continue playing.

3 days til christmas..you are making players beg for ribbons and
trying so hard to start an event when they should be worrying about their
families and their real lives.

You can shove your gold troll coins where the sun don't shine.
I am done.

riverly
12-21-15, 08:35 AM
This quest feels like a kick in the pants. Whatever they offer now will be too little too late. What was suppose to be fun turned into a gut wrenching event. If I had a fiery furnace I would throw all the deco from this event and burn up all memory of this event.

my2place
12-21-15, 08:43 AM
Just about to craft my last time. Will I get that elusive fountain?
Same here .... If I don't get the fountain, it will be the first time in 1 1/2 years of playing that I won't have completed a goal that I set out to complete 😒

AliceWinter24
12-21-15, 08:45 AM
I really wanted the gingerbread house :( I get nothing but elves, poinsettas and scating ponds ...

BuddyB111
12-21-15, 09:00 AM
Can someone please tell me what time this challenge will finish in the UK ?

ladyperidot
12-21-15, 09:14 AM
Finally got the last prize, the fountain, with about 8 hrs left!

azriX2012
12-21-15, 09:26 AM
I wonder if we're going to have an update today...

nuttynicky
12-21-15, 09:32 AM
More poinsettias & elves today. What on earth do I need 17 poinsettias for?! My army of elves, however, may come in useful one day if my queendom is invaded!

Think I've crafted about 40 times & I've still only got 3 of the items �� Even if my next drops were my missing 3, I wouldn't have time to collect them all now. I couldn't play any more than I have so I'm really disappointed.

I like tasks to be difficult but they should be achievable if you put in the time & effort. It's a kick in the teeth to regular players to put in all this effort & still not complete the task.

Jinc4
12-21-15, 09:35 AM
Can someone please tell me what time this challenge will finish in the UK ?

I think at 02:00 on 22nd - on the first page is says it finishes at 6pm 21.12, and I think the game is on PST, which is 8 hours behind us. Also I have a 'special value bundle' on my screen which has 9 hrs 26 minutes left and it is 4:30pm here in the uk. I assume they would not leave this for sale after the event closes (though I guess you never know....!).

But please don't base your strategy on this in case I am wrong!!

spchstew
12-21-15, 10:14 AM
Finally got the last prize, the fountain, with about 8 hrs left!

My kingdom for the fountain!! Please!!!

spchstew
12-21-15, 10:15 AM
same here! >.>

Ditto here. Good luck to you!

annieandcoco
12-21-15, 10:17 AM
Still missing gingerbread house! I will not make it. Does anyone know what the gold coins are for?

spchstew
12-21-15, 10:19 AM
I agree with this post. If I get one more elf or potted poinsettia, I am going to scream. I play Castle Story several times a day. This is my first time complaining. We are going to need an extension to get all the decorations.

Count me in for agreeing with you. I love CS, but this game of chance and timed to boot, is the most frustrating experience for me ever in this game.

swstar
12-21-15, 11:14 AM
i agree, I have needed a skating pond for 4 days and not gotten it. I wish we could exchage extras with neighbors to help each other. I am tired of trying non stop and getting nothing.

bald1e
12-21-15, 11:22 AM
Like many i'm waiting on the Frozen Fountain and i have played most of the day since this started with multiples of everything else and now it looks like i will run out of time. Not happy to say the least.

mini188
12-21-15, 11:23 AM
Looks like I won't be able to finish this quest.. Been waiting for the sculpture for 4+ days..

bald1e
12-21-15, 11:29 AM
Looks like I won't be able to finish this quest.. Been waiting for the sculpture for 4+ days..

Over a week my end. :mad:

Nikospets
12-21-15, 11:33 AM
I'm in the same boat, multiples of everything but the last 2, it stinks!

Nikospets
12-21-15, 11:35 AM
I wish I could give you one of my ponds, I have 5!

kingdomgirl1234
12-21-15, 11:51 AM
Yes ive got 16 Elves 12 poinsettia's 3 ponds 3 fountains and no sculpture. Been trying for days. Also not impressed by the randomness of items

ashoxo
12-21-15, 12:12 PM
Still nothing but more elves and poinsettias...sigh. Agreeing with those saying this game is supposed to be a stress reliever, not cause stress. I went in not planning to care but even casually making so many of these it's just asinine. Especially since you can't sell some of these - only the poinsettias and ginger bread houses are even cute, but still why would I want 6 of them!? Better not be some limit to our inventory when having to store 40+ items from another hot mess courtesy of s8....

marykidd
12-21-15, 12:23 PM
No Lorelei statue :(......... and that was the one of the only ones i wanted. The other was the gingerbread house! So sad :(, in my 1 year and a half of playing castle story, I have never not finished a goal for lack trying and the only goal I did not accomplish was the bakery last christmas.....I missed that by a couple of hours and that was due to going on vacation and a miscalculation in the event end timing......sigh!!!! another poinsettia......

zozojess
12-21-15, 12:32 PM
Finally got my gingerbread house with a couple of hours remaining 😭😭

BuddyB111
12-21-15, 12:47 PM
I think at 02:00 on 22nd - on the first page is says it finishes at 6pm 21.12, and I think the game is on PST, which is 8 hours behind us. Also I have a 'special value bundle' on my screen which has 9 hrs 26 minutes left and it is 4:30pm here in the uk. I assume they would not leave this for sale after the event closes (though I guess you never know....!).

But please don't base your strategy on this in case I am wrong!!

Thank you, I have decided to call it a day and focus on fireworks!
:cool:

cjbeastmaster77
12-21-15, 12:51 PM
I got all of them in a row besides the ice sculpture and have been trying every day since!! If I don't get it I'm going to be very upset. Probably quit playing. It's different if you don't try and then don't get it but I've been playing constantly!!!

amerirish
12-21-15, 12:57 PM
I'm so disappointed; there are going to be two goals that I will fail to complete. It's really unfair because I'm constantly in the game collecting but it's still not enough :( I HATE not finishing goals and almost never do. This really stinks :(

danzplace
12-21-15, 01:13 PM
Received my fountain with three hours left and my last try!

AliceWinter24
12-21-15, 01:35 PM
Will you still get the crafts if you start them but don't get to pick them up before the event ends? I know it won't count because the goal will be gone, but will they still be there to pick up ... Might be a silly question, just want to be sure.

volissos
12-21-15, 01:50 PM
14 elfs, 12 poinsettias, 5 gingerbread houses, 2 frozen fountains, 1 skating pond, 0 lorelei sculpture, less than 4 hours left. Thank you for making this Christmas special...

Huldadottir
12-21-15, 01:59 PM
What more to say. Yes disappointed. I just had the sculpture, but stil no pond or fountain... Only 16 elfs, 18 pointsettia's and 6 gingerbreadhouses.....

biartiemgi
12-21-15, 02:14 PM
This really stinks.... Did a couple of crafting gifts today and still no Lorelei.... Speed upto visit old Thomas a few time.... Last gift is almost finished and then I am closing for today. Constantly collecting and not finishing that really stinks....

amerirish
12-21-15, 02:46 PM
I had but one item left (the fountain) and couldn't pull it off :( I'm really mad about this :mad:

cookies2crumbs
12-21-15, 02:59 PM
I have to agree with all the above comments I have10 poinsettia, 2 frozen fountain, 13 Elfs, 6 skating ponds and 2 gingerbread houses and still no sculpture. It's not like I haven't tried , I have used about 100 gems with speeding up and finally gave up when I ran out of coins and snowman orbs couldn't carry on without either items and have struggled with not enough ribbons. I have to say that I am not really trying with the new year event annoyed with the rare or should I say lack of rare drops

ashoxo
12-21-15, 03:18 PM
I also don't understand how the max number limits for the ribbons, bells, etc were configured. Those also vary widely, on top of the restricted ways of receiving the ribbons and orbs... I think they wanted the majority to fail because it would be good the s8 economy. I've actually been trying today to get the last item and still no luck. This is not fun when you try and the developers set you up for failure.

carove
12-21-15, 03:45 PM
I don't have that button, all that appears in front of me is Post quick reply, Go advanced and Cancel

Well 2 hours left and no way to finish it now. After about fifty attempts still no fountain. VERY DISAPPOINTED S8. Not sure that I should bother with these challenges anymore. Too time intensive for no reward.:(

carove
12-21-15, 03:52 PM
I got all of them in a row besides the ice sculpture and have been trying every day since!! If I don't get it I'm going to be very upset. Probably quit playing. It's different if you don't try and then don't get it but I've been playing constantly!!!

I AGREE. I have been trying for the fountain for the week still haven't got it. Only two hours left now so won't have time to get it.

janddolphins
12-21-15, 04:10 PM
Well I did not make it and not for lack of trying. Today I did another 7 attempts but could not make that last gift. Bittersweet as I said earlier anyone who put effort into the event should have made it. I realize the reward is not unique but it is something actually helpful rather then deco. Going to slow down my play and see what happens after the next few months otherwise it might be time to look for a new #1 game. I do hope CS gets back to where it was but it just has been yoyoing lately and who knows. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be posting upset posts about not making it and anyone who worked to make even half as much as I did should have made it and deserve to complain. This should not be a game of roulette leaving loyal players on the curb and honestly that is how I am leaving tonight feeling, but there are other things to do so I will move past it, it just doesn't make it right.

armarbon2
12-21-15, 04:12 PM
18 plants, 9 gnomes, 2 ponds, 2 fountains, 2 gingerbread houses and 50 mins to go. No statue... Thanks S8, for another laim quest

riverly
12-21-15, 04:12 PM
I think I our next project should be to build a bonfire and burn all this trash deco. I don't even want it in my storage. Whoever developed this- Shame on you!

SassyRebellion
12-21-15, 04:16 PM
I am NOT happy.

After numerous attempts, I still haven't gotten the Lorelei Statute and there's only 45 minutes left in the challenge. I'm tired of wasting gems and time trying to complete these challenges that seem impossible to finish.

ashoxo
12-21-15, 04:36 PM
Agree whole heartedly with all of the above. Just made my final 2 attempts and am out of resources and gems and have refused to buy anything from them ever again....all I got were 2 more poinsettias. So around 50 tries in the 10 days they gave us for only 6 items and still failed. Epic fail. I don't know how many more chances I can give s8, I've been playing since the beginning and that's why it's hard to give up...but they're pushing me closer & closer to the edge aka that delete button.... Grrrrr. Not that those 5 coins would've helped me much (I'm only around 30 for the camp) but for such intense effort I would've liked something! I'm still mad the only other reward they gave us was a stupid elves. I'll never look at elves the same agin. Thanks s8 for ruining a delightful Christmas icon.

ninasidstorm8
12-21-15, 04:52 PM
I am disappointed that I was not able to get the last prize and collect the 5 Gold Tokens. Because of the strange things that happened at the beginning of the quest, I didn't start off with many ribbons and ended up running short earlier today. I probably lost out on another half dozen decoration constructions. At least it wasn't a must have prize. My final Tally

25 Potted Poinsettias
20 Elf Gnomes
3 Gingerbread houses
4 Skating Ponds
1 Princess Lorelei Sculpture
0 Frozen Fountains

LiquidSnob
12-21-15, 04:59 PM
10 poinsettias, 18 gnomes, 2 skating ponds, 4 Lorelei statues, 3 gingerbread houses ... and NO fountain ...

I'm thinking about training up my gnomes into an army to keep the Baron out of my kingdom ... or perhaps they can carry off my extra Lorelei statues to trade neighboring kingdoms for their extra fountains.

icastled
12-21-15, 05:11 PM
Well, I normally don't get on here and complain but this event has triggered a level of anger and frustration that I haven't had so far. I am a few weeks shy of playing this game for 1 year. I would hate to celebrate my 1 year anniversary by deleting the game. I understand having a level of difficulty in the game, but when randomness is multiplied over and over in 1 event alone, it becomes ruthless. Not only having the ribbons be random, and HOPING that your gifting neighbors will gift those (which for me was random), but crafting had to be done and randomly get ribbons/orbs. Then having an influx of elves and flowers was ridiculous to say the least. I was foolish enough to think that if I let myself fall into the "game economy" trap, I might have a bit of change in luck and get the final item. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Nope, the only truth to that statement was FOOLISH!! I spent almost 100 gems to buy the ribbon I could never get, and even bought the "value pack" (haha) and still nothing changed my luck.

I AM VERY DISPLEASED WITH THIS EVENT. And I'm growing more and more discontent with each non-story line goal/quest/event that comes around.

The designers are ruthless in their attempt to take the fun out of the game with SO MANY timed events that require so much time in the game there isn't time for real life. As long as I am still working to catch up on the storyline of the game, it is fun and relaxing, and yes, I do spend money on the game. I choose this to spend my extra money on it instead of partying.

I really hope the new year brings with it a New Year's resolution from S8. Bring the fun back. You are going to GAME ECONOMY your way out of a game that brings you the economics!! i.e. $$$money$$$

PLEASE, rethink how the game is progressing and make it fun again.

BungoCook
12-21-15, 05:12 PM
Look I am really really annoyed and disappointed in TL, was crafting right up to the deadline. The last mystery box only gave me one snowman orb so I thought ok I'll keep it as a souvenir. I carried on playing the game, no refresh or force close, and pressed the expired goal button in my goal book. I then went back to the workshop to put on some craft and found that I miraculously had 2 orbs. So I craft a deco and speed with gems for 4 and guess what..... The one remains item pops out. Frozen fountain . Now I am glad to have it it's a nice piece of game art work but the overwhelming disappointment in coding that would allow this to happen
"Oh so coincidently" yeah right POOR SHOW TL REALLY POOR SHOW.

nuttynicky
12-21-15, 05:20 PM
Ended up using gems to speed up Old Thomas's house to get one final box, with the intention of speeding up the decoration. Only got 1 orb so no point. Even using gems I stood no chance of getting all of the remaining decorations but I was hoping for one more!

So out of about 40 decorations, I ended up with just THREE unique items. I certainly didn't fail through lack of trying, my poor family think I've abandoned them! I can't believe how much time I invested into this task with such a poor return.

What a flop this task was.

I must admit, I've been considering deleting too. As hard as it is to quit when i've been a level 50 player for so long, there are better things I could be doing with my time this close to Christmas!

therealfork
12-21-15, 05:23 PM
well, this goal has ended and I am totally irked!!!!!!

this random goal was totally out of whack and my sole purpose for participation was for the 5 tokens since it was all deco again!!!!! spending so many resources for a couple of deco items is getting really old really quick. and then not being able to complete the goal as a level 50 long time player is not right! I did speed up quite a bit but I barely ever had enough orbs to build a box anyway. it was almost impossible to get either of the two bigger gift boxes, so it was always 1 orb at a time. not happy at all!!!!!!! I did finally get 1 frozen item last night before bed but 13 elves, 13 poinsettias, 4 gingerbread houses and 1 frozen deco later I did not complete this annoying goal. I want 5 tokens!!!!!

I'm scared to see what we will get from this fireworks event. if it is all deco I might just throw in the towel and give up on storm8. extremely dissappointed. maybe we can all throw in the towel and then storm8 can build their customer base back up from scratch with a bunch of players that have no idea that there was ever anything more than just decor!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr

townnie
12-21-15, 05:23 PM
There must be a software glitch. Theres no way that S8 in their wisdom would design this type of event with near zero possibility of success.
The following is my collection:
21 Elf Gnome's
18 Potted Poinsettia's
8 Gingerbread Houses
4 Skating Ponds
1 Princess Loreiei Sculptures
0 Frozen Fountains
=52

40 % Elf Gnome's
35 % Potted Poinsettia's
15 % Gingerbread Houses
7 % Skating Ponds
2% Princess Loreiei Sculptures
0 % Frozen Fountains

In my calculations 52 times, with all the restrictions with respect to ribbons and coins, is a lot of time invested.

Would any of you think that this is note a software glitch?
What about you Spiritwind00? Any other moderators? This can't be by design can it?

SpiritWind00
12-21-15, 05:31 PM
The event has now concluded. I'm really sorry for those that didn't get a complete set of decorations. I'll send through feedback to S8 about how disappointed and frustrated this has made lots of players, especially when I have read you have all tried so very hard. I'm sure it's not by design that you haven't got a complete set. I'll raise the random factor again as well.

Feel free to leave feedback, but please don't break the forum rules and swear, even in acronyms. Thanks.....

JojoMoonflower
12-21-15, 05:36 PM
I remember seeing that this event ended at 6pm PST, which is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from now. The forum now shows 4pm PST. Why did that change? I still don't have the sculpture and the event has now ended. I spoke to someone else who also remembers seeing 6pm PST. This was posted at 6:36pm cst.

therealfork
12-21-15, 05:46 PM
I remember seeing that this event ended at 6pm PST, which is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from now. The forum now shows 4pm PST. Why did that change? I still don't have the sculpture and the event has now ended. I spoke to someone else who also remembers seeing 6pm PST. This was posted at 6:36pm cst.

I'm not sure if I remember ever seeing what time it was actually supposed to end but I love how the offer to buy orbs/coins/wreaths for $4.99 ends an hour AFTER the event! hurry! hurry! there's still 17 minutes to buy this pack for a GOAL THAT HAS ENDED and was nearly (oh you lucky few) impossible to complete!

Cakemama40
12-21-15, 05:50 PM
My results were similar to townnie's. Grand total of 43 pieces of decor, but never once saw a fountain. And I worked right up to the end, spending gems here and there to speed the process. I feel like there never was a real chance to earn the tokens, so why did I just waste all of that energy on items that won't even fit in my crowded little kingdom. And then to be slapped with a steep 250 gem price for a reward that I really feel I should have earned by at least the thirtieth try... Boo-hooing in Bethelvale this afternoon.

calivali123
12-21-15, 05:56 PM

Yes, add me to the list of disappointed folks. This morning the timer for the event gave the same time remaining as the treasure chest containing parts to be purchased, which put the end at 6 PM PST, my time zone. I purposely waited until close to the end to purchase add'l parts, in case I got the fountain on my own. No luck on the fountain, so I purchased the parts with the timer on the chest showing 1 hour 30 minutes remaining. After the purchase (with cash!) and speeding up the crafting with gems, I was finally rewarded with the fountain. Imagine my surprise and disappointment after placing the fountain only to find the event already EXPIRED! Hmmm, when, why, and who (obviously TL) changed the timer on the event? That's a dirty trick as I would not have spent gems, not to mention CASH just for a fountain deco. I wanted the 5 coins for completing the event.

rulerofjennyville
12-21-15, 06:04 PM
Look I am really really annoyed and disappointed in TL, was crafting right up to the deadline. The last mystery box only gave me one snowman orb so I thought ok I'll keep it as a souvenir. I carried on playing the game, no refresh or force close, and pressed the expired goal button in my goal book. I then went back to the workshop to put on some craft and found that I miraculously had 2 orbs. So I craft a deco and speed with gems for 4 and guess what..... The one remains item pops out. Frozen fountain . Now I am glad to have it it's a nice piece of game art work but the overwhelming disappointment in coding that would allow this to happen
"Oh so coincidently" yeah right POOR SHOW TL REALLY POOR SHOW.

I was one short, too. And I tried until the timer ran out. It seemed like a pretty pointless quest anyway. I wanted the five tokens but the rest were all just statues. When you compare it to past challenges it wasn't very good.

Araleth
12-21-15, 06:30 PM
Well, that just sucks! I've been playing this game from the beginning and this has to be the WORST one ever. Spent too much time and too many gems trying to get the stupid ice sculpture. I never want to see another elf! In the last ditch effort I actually got 2 skating rinks. Couldn't you have given us at least a chance at achieving the goal? Thanks and merry Christmas to you too! It's getting to be not so fun. Maybe time to try another game.

tuffyjkitten
12-21-15, 07:06 PM
I still have the option to craft gift boxes and mystery gifts in my workshops event though the goal timer expired. Does that mean we can still get a complete set, just not the reward of the troll tokens for it?

As of now my totals are 9 elf gnomes, 8 poinsettias, 3 skating ponds, 1 gingerbread house, 1 Lorelei statue, and 0 fountains. I was perpetually short on bells, which made me short on snowman orbs since I couldn't craft gift boxes.

There's no need to make these timed events impossible. I mean really....even the people who spent gems didn't get the complete set! I agree with the earlier posts that the game is no longer fun due to too many timed events and not enough focus on storyline. I feel the same about most of my S8 games at this point. I spend so much time on events that I can't move ahead and expand/finish other goals/save coins to buy new items/etc. It's becoming very tedious.

CLOVERKAITO
12-21-15, 07:55 PM
Most disgusting event ever, where effort was pointless. How is it fair that some players got all six items within 10 crafts and some still can't get it all after 30+ crafts? There really should've been an option to let's say trade 10 elves for the gingerbread house and trade 10 poinsettias for the Lorelei scruplture (I'm still missing these two). Random chance and timed event should NEVER go together. Even gem speeding up was pointless because even doing so wouldn't guarantee getting the right drop (it's like spending money on lottery). Whoever came up with this event idea should be fired right now. Or they should just gift those five troll tokens to everybody who have done the craft over 20 or 30 times or something. This is just ridiculous.

My count:
19 deadly elves
10 bloody poinsettias
5 tripping ponds
2 poison fountains

Still no gingerbread house (I really wanted this one) and lorelei scripture.

Jennerwein1
12-21-15, 08:06 PM
My total: 6 ponds, 8 elves, 11 poinsettias. Yay! NOT! This was a waste of time.

outhouse01
12-21-15, 08:12 PM
By far the most disappointing event so far, mainly as this is the first event I have failed. 51 crafts gave me 22 gnomes, 12 potted flowers, 8 skate ponds, 6 gingerbread houses and 3 frozen fountains. No Lorelei.

I also collected along the way 4 snowman, 2 festive gates, 2 pile of gifts, 5 wreath lamp posts, 8 Ivy lamp posts, 4 winter towers, 7 winter walls, 6 festive walls and 1 winter gate from the boxes. All useless junk now in my inventory.

I never buy gems as I never get a sale and refuse to pay full price when others are offered a discount. However, I was happy to "support the games economy" by purchasing values packs from time to time as everyone is offered the same. I purchased 1 pack at 7.99 AUD.

Yes, it was my choice to purchase, however, after 51 crafts without completing the goal, S8, it will now be my choice to never purchase any value packs again.

An absolute joke.

freesiawoods
12-21-15, 08:26 PM
Anyone knows how long more the collecting and crafting will go on? I still need the sculpture and statue. Am not too frustrated though, hey I have a bunch of nice decorations without needing to spend gems, and thus event has been a lot more fun than some recent ones, so I won't get hung up on the couple of items I didn't get.

Jennerwein1
12-21-15, 08:37 PM
Forgot: 2 gingerbread houses, too. What a deal !

DeeDeeBird70
12-21-15, 09:10 PM

One thing that is very confusing is the time listed on the forum seems to still be PDT, one hour ahead of PST. I'm in the Pacific zone so it's quite noticeable for me.

ripley3344
12-21-15, 09:17 PM
Just want to pass along that I find it odd to have a challenge in which you can't win/complete it because you never get the final prize (frozen fountain and the subsequent gold coins). I have a load of elves, piontsettas, snow men, ice ponds, ice sculptures, etc. but I never once received the frozen fountain. The random generator needs a kick... We all know we need the gold coins for that cooking caravan. Foul!

tuffyjkitten
12-21-15, 09:46 PM
Well my crafting ability is gone now so I guess that's it. I did manage to get a souvenir of each type of gift to put by last years Christmas trees though...

hugpete
12-21-15, 10:51 PM
I placed and opened my last box to find....nothing! Not cool! I spent all that time and energy crafting it. :(

minndom
12-22-15, 12:26 AM
I got my last missing piece about 30 minutes until this expired. I could have done with fewer poinsettias or elves..

hagypagy
12-22-15, 03:32 AM
!! Officially the worst event ever !!

I managed to achieve completing it , but it was a tedious time doing it

I feel for all the people that spent all that time (some gems, and some even real money) to not complete!

I'm really not too sure what's going on in the creative department there, but the current team are really dropping the ball - from the design elements all the way through to the release of buildings/items and execution of events.
Also seems the decisions they are making are having an adverse effect on building/maintaining the fanbase. Must be effecting Storm8's profits.

My recommendation would be that the creative team should really be using this forum to drive their ideas and implementation of events.
From what I can tell they pay little to no attention to what is an invaluable tool that allows them to tap directly into their market's mindset.

Ravasy
12-22-15, 03:45 AM
Definitely the worst event ever and the first one I have failed :confused:

20 Potted Poinsettias
28 Elf Gnomes
3 Gingerbread houses
4 Skating Ponds
0 Princess Lorelei Sculpture
2 Frozen Fountains

If I see another Elf this year, he should hide :mad:

It certainly felt completely unfair for this goal to be missed purely down to random chance. I don't mind tougher goals that you can work hard to complete (e.g. Halloween dirt pies before the final set of quests that made this easy) but to be denied any chance of achieving a goal based purely on luck feels really pointless.

moizad
12-22-15, 03:46 AM
Ok, so once more didn't complete the event, I think I have an army of elves, poinsetttias, I even have several skating ponds et fountains, finally crafted ONE mermaid statue a few hours before the end of the event, but not an once of this delicious looking Gingerbread House ....
i don't know how much gems I spent here to try and get this :mad::mad::mad::mad: house, to no avail :'(

So, I can sit on these 5 golden tokens which would have been more than welcome if I still want to dream on the troll kicthen (android user here ! yoohoo..... -_-")
I really don't feel welcome here anymore... Thinking more and more about dropping the game. What a pity, I used to enjoy it so much ! :(

I didn't even have the option to "pressed the expired goal button" or to buy the remaining item with gems, is it normal ??

rayhanna
12-22-15, 03:48 AM
Very disapointed!

azriX2012
12-22-15, 04:04 AM
I hope Storm8 takes serious notes of how disappointed they left the players with this event... I've been playing this game almost for 4 years now and this was the most unfair event that I recall.

EsmeW2
12-22-15, 06:43 AM
I managed to get everything on my main game, but never got the fountain on my phone. Then the expired button offered me the reward for 250 gems. Ha ha. I'm an android player, what use are the 5 gold coins to me? Why would I spend ANY gems on them. I can't see myself getting the cooking camp in less than 5 years. I only wanted to get to the end goal for the satisfaction of it.

I guess I can have some fun when things are quiet arranging the army of elves and the forest of poinsettias. I think the statue is pretty, but it's invisible on my phone game and I already had to uninstall and reinstall a few times to get the firework boxes to show up, so I can't be bothered to do it again. Disappointing!

amerirish
12-22-15, 06:58 AM
I'm so disgusted; I play this game all day, every day (even at work) and tried so hard to complete this goal. It makes me so very sad when I can't complete a quest - it almost never happens. But there wasn't much I could do except spend numerous gems which I refuse to do. My gems are very hard earned and I don't want to be forced to use them for a goal. It's just not fair.

PrincessCelestian
12-22-15, 07:23 AM
I must say that I was quite disappointed with this challenge. I was very diligent and produced over 60 mystery decorations. 23 were poinsettias, 25 were elf gnomes and the others were gingerbread houses, fountains and skating ponds. NO statue so I could not complete the challenge. Out of over 60. Not ONE statue.

renki4648
12-22-15, 08:15 AM
I'm very disappointed in this event. The design is flawed and unfair. From day 1 I have been consistently collecting the materials needed to craft the decoration/gift boxes. I ended up with 20 poinsettias, 18 gnomes, 3 gingerbread houses, 3 ponds and 0 of the other 2. I even purchased their package to give myself more materials, thinking it should produce at least one of the decorations I'm missing. Now I just feel stupid for spending that money on something that was never going to happen. Thanks for all the frustration in the past 11 days Storm 8.

pcfroglad
12-22-15, 09:48 AM
What the heck am i supposed to do with all these bloody Gnomes and pot plants? This event was very frustrating as it came down purely to luck - and responsive neighbors.
In addition all the things are now stored - and forgotten - except 1 of the many gingerbread houses which is out because it is vaguely interesting to look at.

I like a challenge - but please make it so it challenges us. We should have had ways to make to presents without relying on others.

I ended up with 23 Gnomes, 20 poinsettias, 3 gingerbread houses, 3 stupid skating ponds (ugly, or what!) and 1 rather bizarre sculpture. These are now cluttering up my inventory and are neither use nor ornament. Could we have a classification in the inventory where we can put all the things we don't really want ... but might need one day ;) ?

Guardian452
12-22-15, 12:05 PM
Poorly designed event. Crafting all 6 items should have been guaranteed by anyone who crafted a minimum number of mystery gifts. Instead, you get some players who were lucky enough to get all 6 in less than 15 attempts and others who couldn't get all 6 in 40, 50, 60+ attempts.

rulerofjennyville
12-22-15, 01:26 PM
What the heck am i supposed to do with all these bloody Gnomes and pot plants? This event was very frustrating as it came down purely to luck - and responsive neighbors.
In addition all the things are now stored - and forgotten - except 1 of the many gingerbread houses which is out because it is vaguely interesting to look at.

I like a challenge - but please make it so it challenges us. We should have had ways to make to presents without relying on others.

I ended up with 23 Gnomes, 20 poinsettias, 3 gingerbread houses, 3 stupid skating ponds (ugly, or what!) and 1 rather bizarre sculpture. These are now cluttering up my inventory and are neither use nor ornament. Could we have a classification in the inventory where we can put all the things we don't really want ... but might need one day ;) ?

I'd say it was just pure luck period. I had VERY responsive neighbors and ended up with more ribbon than I could store or use. I built enough cottages to have 12 and tried every day. I still didn't get the frozen fountain so I would get the troll tokens, which is really all I wanted. Meanwhile several people got them right off the bat with little effort. :mad: :rolleyes:

Scarletfyr
12-23-15, 08:00 AM
Just want to pass along that I find it odd to have a challenge in which you can't win/complete it because you never get the final prize (frozen fountain and the subsequent gold coins). I have a load of elves, piontsettas, snow men, ice ponds, ice sculptures, etc. but I never once received the frozen fountain. The random generator needs a kick... We all know we need the gold coins for that cooking caravan. Foul!

Same here, I had twelve cottages going and spent so much time and gems waiting for the Loreli statue and 5 gold pieces. 50 elves and flowers, incredibly disappointed.

Scarletfyr
12-23-15, 08:05 AM
Any response from mods or TL?

seisurreal
12-23-15, 09:58 AM
Dear TL

Sorry to say, I am not sure what kind of quest I had done for this event.. One thing for sure is that I'm left with so many gift boxes, but what am I supposed to do with them? I chopped them by wasting 1 energy, and I got no pressie inside. And it's considered rude in my culture to open presents before Xmas is over :p ★

Could we still keep the presents in there, instead of empty boxes? Ty :p ★

riverly
12-23-15, 10:36 AM
Opening a present and not finding anything inside is cruel in any culture.

Erdebree
12-23-15, 11:08 AM
Same happened to me. Tons of poinsettia, elves, gingerbread houses, skating ponds but no ice sculpture. Kept trying throughout and even spent about 40 gems. It was all a giant waste. At least they should make such quests fair to everyone, especially those who try hard...

SpiritWind00
12-23-15, 02:51 PM
Any response from mods or TL?

If you go back a few pages, you would have seen my response when the event concluded. Here it is again.... I have passed on loads of feedback already. Thanks.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87314-Castle-Story-12-10-Update-Holiday-Workshop-EXPIRED&p=1225832&viewfull=1#post1225832

Jennerwein1
12-24-15, 05:25 AM
I have noted not only in CS, but FS 2, RS2, DS: the random drops (at least in my games) are beyond crappy ( for lack of a better word - well there is ONE). Unable to finish an event in RS2, a first. Did not finish this one either. Missed FS2, because could not upgrade sleigh, even though my planes were flying a great deal. What is up with that?

0LIW0
12-24-15, 10:03 AM
This event ended way too quickly. I only had one friend gifting me ribbons so that didn't help. Hard to figure out which friend is on reguarly enough to gift me things like that. Argh.

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-25-15, 10:42 AM
Hmm, looks like I am in the major minority here but... I actually enjoyed this event. (Ducking for cover, lol) I thought it was a nice combo of crafting and harvesting that we were recently polled about, lol.
Granted, if I hadn't gotten all of the 6 mystery gifts and if I didn't have such rocking giftin' neighbors, I probably would have felt differently. But I went into this event with a stress-free 'I get what I get' attitude & just looked at it all as a bonus from the start & decided at the onset that if I didn't get all of the mystery gifts, then it'd be like asking for a specific shirt from a family member, only to get the ugliest sweater in existence, lol. Sometimes ya just can't have it all, lol.

So, in the end, here's what I got:
- 40 Poinsettias (yes, I'll be using those like hedges at some point, lol)
- 7 Dwarves ...er, Elf Gnomes, lol
- 6 Skating Ponds (which are really Ice Hockey Rinks...I mean, who can just skate around the pond with a goal & hockey stick in the way??? lol)
- 6 Lorelei Ice Sculptures (yay, since Lorelei is one of my nicknames IRL)
- 4 Gingerbread Houses
- 3 Frozen Fountains of Neptune (I was hoping for a 4th to round it off but it didn't happen...oh well.)
- 2 ea., souvenir red, purple & grand gift boxes
- didn't keep track of walls, gates, towers, etc...but got 0 snowmen & 0 Piles of Gifts (the ones I have were from last year...Again, oh well).

Like some of you, I wasn't really sure when the event was going to end since it went longer than the first page said it was scheduled to end & I opened a gift box, obviously too late... Cuz also like some of you, I got NOTHING. And *that* made my eyebrows furrow as I LOL'd ...but then I held my mouth just right, turned around 3x, did some secret mojo...& got my gift box back! Nyah Nyah Nyah! LOL

This event reminded me a little bit of the Rainbow Pot event from 2014 & that was one of my faves so I just had fun with it.
Thanks S8 & Merry Christmas, all! :-*

ripley3344
12-26-15, 04:00 PM
The event has now concluded. I'm really sorry for those that didn't get a complete set of decorations. I'll send through feedback to S8 about how disappointed and frustrated this has made lots of players, especially when I have read you have all tried so very hard. I'm sure it's not by design that you haven't got a complete set. I'll raise the random factor again as well.

Feel free to leave feedback, but please don't break the forum rules and swear, even in acronyms. Thanks.....

So you passed on our sense of disappointment and feelings of being *****ed? I don't suppose they had a response? It sure would have been nice to hear back from them. It's still irritating that those gold coins were only attainable by the lucky few.

I've stuck with this game for over 2 years and have laid out enough cash to be embarrassed by the waste. Thinking with the new year coming up, I may need to leave my Kingdom behind...

jaymieb2
01-08-16, 02:39 AM
You receive 5 gold tokens towards the Troll chuck wagon

So... just catching up on my reading... I am going to be REALLY annoyed if people actually received 5 gold Troll tokens! I worked hard on this event. Ended up with about 19 elves, 8 poinsettias, numerous ice rinks, multiple gingerbread cottages and ice sculptures... tons of other decorations, but no Frozen Fountain to complete the set. Thought I missed out on 5 gold, which was bad enough... PLEASE don't let it have been gold Troll Tokens! Not from random chance!