PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonderland Habitat Sale

cocoandfriends
12-08-15, 04:35 AM
Can someone please advise whether or not the Winter Wonderland habitat sale ends today?

ogreve
12-08-15, 06:22 AM
We cannot be sure. There have been occasions where indeed such sales ended earlier than the Storybook did, or at least, IIRC I think such was the case with the Swan Lake, but I'm not sure anymore.
In more recent times the habitat sales tended to have lasted until the end of the events and then disappear with the next regular update after that. If so, you should still be safe until around next week Tuesday's update.
If you want to be *REALLY* sure and have the gems and space for it, my recommendation would be to buy it as early as possible. At this time the only 99.99% sure thing I can say is that it SHOULD be around at least up until 1 hour before today's regular update time.

But.... I would be really surprised if the sale would end today already. I would guess that the sale simply lasts as long as up to next week Tuesday at least, but proceed at your own risk as TL didn't put a clear timer on it, so "results from the past are no guarantee for the future"...

MaribouMay
12-08-15, 01:43 PM
Still on sale after the Tuesday update. Yay! I'm hoping to free up space for a second Winter Wonderland habitat. It is particularly pretty. I'm inspired by Olafo's picture of Winter Wonderland with Gem Groves on the blue shelf.

cocoandfriends
12-08-15, 03:35 PM
We cannot be sure. There have been occasions where indeed such sales ended earlier than the Storybook did, or at least, IIRC I think such was the case with the Swan Lake, but I'm not sure anymore.
In more recent times the habitat sales tended to have lasted until the end of the events and then disappear with the next regular update after that. If so, you should still be safe until around next week Tuesday's update.
If you want to be *REALLY* sure and have the gems and space for it, my recommendation would be to buy it as early as possible. At this time the only 99.99% sure thing I can say is that it SHOULD be around at least up until 1 hour before today's regular update time.
But.... I would be really surprised if the sale would end today already. I would guess that the sale simply lasts as long as up to next week Tuesday at least, but proceed at your own risk as TL didn't put a clear timer on it, so "results from the past are no guarantee for the future"...

Thanks for responding earlier. Was unable to sign back on earlier to respond. I went ahead & purchased the habitat before today's update as a precaution but I see it is still on sale. However, I still have time to get one for my secondary account if I want which is good.

Sandybellee
12-08-15, 03:50 PM
Still on sale after the Tuesday update. Yay! I'm hoping to free up space for a second Winter Wonderland habitat. It is particularly pretty. I'm inspired by Olafo's picture of Winter Wonderland with Gem Groves on the blue shelf.

It's definitely a slam dunk of a habitat! They really listened to what we wrote in the winter suggestion thread and gave us a snowy white habitat with trees (and even snow covered bushes) and also beautiful aurora in the background! I would love to get a second one also if I had the space (and the gems) for it.

Natasha_07
12-08-15, 03:54 PM
Is this available for Android, it's not in my game. :confused:

ndtrance
12-08-15, 04:15 PM
Is this available for Android, it's not in my game. :confused:

It's on Android, I'm not sure why you don't have it. When you scroll through your habitats you don't see this one? I also receive popups for this everyday. Hope you find it.

It's a gorgeous habitat. It's the type I wanted to buy for Black Friday, but nothing like it was available. I don't have the gems for it unfortunately.

Natasha_07
12-08-15, 04:33 PM
It's on Android, I'm not sure why you don't have it. When you scroll through your habitats you don't see this one? I also receive popups for this everyday. Hope you find it.

It's a gorgeous habitat. It's the type I wanted to buy for Black Friday, but nothing like it was available. I don't have the gems for it unfortunately.

Thanks for replying, I checked back but it's still not there. I like Christmas things so I wanted this, maybe next time.

I'm not sure how long this will stick around.

Sandybellee
12-08-15, 04:48 PM
Thanks for replying, I checked back but it's still not there. I like Christmas things so I wanted this, maybe next time.

I'm not sure how long this will stick around.

It's for fire, lightning and dark animals so maybe it is available to buy only if you have unlocked all those elements. Have you expanded to Lightning Leopard and bred a Skyger yet?

AliceWinter24
12-21-15, 03:31 AM
I was trying to decide if I was going to buy this habitat or not, and when I finally decided that I definitely wanted it, it had gone. Can't have missed it by more than seconds, cause I was just admiring it, and then decided to buy but it wasn't there. Still bugs me, it would have looked so pretty next to the new christmas habitat.

BiggerBubbles
01-01-16, 07:55 PM
Wish I had thought a bit more before I placed this habitat. It's 'halo' extends so far that when I expanded next to it I couldn't clear all the rocks etc because I can't tap on them. It doesn't matter how I turn it around. I can only think to see if a small habitat will fit there temporarily until I can expand again so I can move Winter Wonderland or wait till world event is over and delete a farm and move it in, then buy the farm back. Pain really.

ninasidstorm8
01-01-16, 08:33 PM
Wish I had thought a bit more before I placed this habitat. It's 'halo' extends so far that when I expanded next to it I couldn't clear all the rocks etc because I can't tap on them. It doesn't matter how I turn it around. I can only think to see if a small habitat will fit there temporarily until I can expand again so I can move Winter Wonderland or wait till world event is over and delete a farm and move it in, then buy the farm back. Pain really.

That can often be a problem when expanding. I try to get to the upper left area from the bottom and then move to the right when expanding to limit that problem. If your Evolution Flower is not in use, you can sell that temporarily and then buy it right back.

BiggerBubbles
01-02-16, 06:26 AM
That can often be a problem when expanding. I try to get to the upper left area from the bottom and then move to the right when expanding to limit that problem. If your Evolution Flower is not in use, you can sell that temporarily and then buy it right back.

Not really worried about the coin so if I sell that does it require rebuilding like the farms or does it come ready built? Haven't had this problem before. Tks for replying.

Silverrain1
01-02-16, 08:23 AM
Not really worried about the coin so if I sell that does it require rebuilding like the farms or does it come ready built? Haven't had this problem before. Tks for replying.

It only takes 10 seconds to rebuild. I sell mine a lot when I'm rearranging my forest or can't reach certain obstacles.

saucysammis
01-02-16, 03:39 PM

I sell mine every time an animal finishes evolution!

I have a master plan for my forest and it is not there yet. In addition I like to rearrange things. So each time the Evo flower is free I sell it and rearrange a little and then buy it back. The farms take a significant amount of time to get back to full function but the Evo flower really. takes seconds.

natxjkkggg
01-02-16, 03:51 PM
This is really a super advice for us newcomers,Never thought about this in the past.
Thank You very much saucisammis

BiggerBubbles
01-03-16, 05:23 PM
It only takes 10 seconds to rebuild. I sell mine a lot when I'm rearranging my forest or can't reach certain obstacles.

Thank you. I have been playing this game since it first came out. Never thought about doing this. This trick will come in very handy as there have been times I've wanted to buy a new habitat but didn't have the room. So pleased I posted on this thread and you replied.

Thank you to saucysammis as well for their feedback.