PDA

View Full Version : Gem Sales gone?

skeexix
12-06-15, 10:07 AM
I usually have two gem sales in a week. I haven't had one now since the not-so-discounted Black Friday sale. I am wanting to buy the discounted habitat, but used all my gems in a futile attempt to breed a treasure animal. Is anyone else getting gem sales?

flowless
12-06-15, 11:50 AM
I started playing when fantasy was just released
I never had sales till Black Friday it was the only and last one ( probably till next year Black Friday

I don't know why my account seems to be lacking sales and very unlucky with trio and limited animals

Scribbles138
12-06-15, 12:01 PM
I've had one every day this week, except for today, which is unusual. I've noticed the gem sales aren't consistent from user to user.

Silverrain1
12-06-15, 12:06 PM
On my main account I get them really regularly and always 30% up until Black Friday, I haven't had a sale since then. On my secondary account I'm still getting them pretty often but only 20%. I don't ever buy gems on my secondary account tho

Scribbles138
12-06-15, 01:41 PM
The gem sale I had on Black Friday was 20% on the 250 and 530 gem packages. They are usually 30% off. The sales I've had since then have all been back to the regular 30% off, which is irritating. I think it's bad business to actually lower the discount on a day people are expecting a really good deal.

ogreve
12-06-15, 02:37 PM
The gem sale I had on Black Friday was 20% on the 250 and 530 gem packages. They are usually 30% off. The sales I've had since then have all been back to the regular 30% off, which is irritating. I think it's bad business to actually lower the discount on a day people are expecting a really good deal.

Echo that. Especially when last year (when I didn't play FFS yet) the sale price was 40% off and all stuff on sale was also much cheaper. I'm still very disappointed with the prices of the BF stuff. The items were good but the prices were not. The "icing on the cake" was the way Treasure was taken away from us. I got a normal 30% off gem sale that day but decided to boycot it and didn't buy any of the Treasure animals, even though I really wanted the Money Badger and Treasure Toucan, which I don't have.
I hung on to the remaining 22 Euros of iTunes credit for buying a second Unicorn value pack. I almost also didn't want to buy that anymore, as the 2nd Unicorn was mainly wanted for breeding for Treasure, but in the end I bit the bullet and bought it. It was either "bite the bullet" or "bite the dust" and perhaps never ever see another CU sale anymore, and having to continue the boring 4-element breedings perpetually. Also, it helped that I had already loaded the credit to my iTunes account and that FFS is the only game I currently spend real money on, so TL lucked out there.

Anyway, on December 1st I got a 30% sale and yesterday I had one too. As of the start of the BF sales I used almost an entire 50 Euros iTunes card (bought on sale for 40 Euros) on FFS, so I figured that was quite enough for now, and I didn't buy any more gems at this time and hope I don't "have to" for quite a while too. It's all too easy to get carried away into buying small volumes which then in the end amount to a lot of money. But well, there may come an occasion where I do decide to buy some more.

As for my second Unicorn: I pondered so hard about that one but bought it for the following reasons:
1) It should still be usable for trying to breed a 3rd trio animal.
2) The 22 Euros credit was waiting for it and I didn't really have anything else to spend them on that I really wanted.
3) We MAY at some time get some other Treasure animals or perhaps temporary rereleases of the now discontinued ones, so if that happens I can still use the two Unicorns for it.
4) I really, really wanted that second Unicorn to end the tedious 4-element breedings for once and for all and also to have a "breeding back-up" in case I want to keep one "unoccupied" for tournaments.

Sandybellee
12-07-15, 02:40 AM
I haven't had a sale since Cyber Monday. Usually I have about one a week or so.