PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update 9th December 2015

LalaSmooth
12-06-15, 09:34 AM
Hoping for goals and possibly old items back :)

Natasha_07
12-07-15, 08:10 AM
Most likely goals, doubt the sale. I have no expectations or enthusiasm for these games anymore, LOL! :rolleyes:

meme1098
12-07-15, 09:48 AM
I don't either. Especially when bugs from June haven't been addressed yet. That just shows how much they really care about the game.

bitemesnickers
12-07-15, 10:07 AM
I hope this goal has a new drink machine and christmas stuff with NO purple and NO more children.

rita6834
12-07-15, 02:26 PM
I would like new Christmas tiles and wallpaper ��.. elegant not child like thx

alicee11
12-08-15, 01:27 AM
Elegant, beautiful Xmas goal, would love to see some frozen trees full of snow and some wall deco like Xmas lights.

night123b
12-08-15, 12:22 PM
Anything green, white, gold, red, and snowy please :)

BettyJoPeters
12-08-15, 12:40 PM
My restaurant visitors need dressed in winter clothes, a lil snow falling would be nice :)

deekathleen
12-08-15, 03:52 PM
Hmm another no preview week? Smh

nic1967
12-08-15, 04:00 PM
I'm still hoping for a preview. It's only 6pm here in NY & it's come later than this before. Soon I hope!!

214sed
12-08-15, 04:15 PM
There I never any videos of update unless very important.

rhondablue
12-08-15, 05:40 PM
What the Christmas ovens that are locked to be unlocked

nic1967
12-08-15, 05:48 PM
What the Christmas ovens that are locked to be unlocked

Where did you see them? I just looked in my appliances & didn't see anything.

eternal222
12-08-15, 06:10 PM
That apliance cannot be unlocked, it from past goal

alicee11
12-09-15, 12:55 AM
Hope S8 is working hard that there is still no preview!

deekathleen
12-09-15, 08:05 AM
Yeah I'm sure they are working hard on bs2, which seems to be a hot programing mess if you read the board for it.

swampdarling
12-09-15, 08:29 AM
Looking for any news on a Restaurant Story Christmas Goal. When Halloween came, there were pictures, and news reports days before the event. What am I missing, or is this how it's gonna be?
❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤ ❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤🐊❤
ℳƎЯЯУ ℂℍЯ?Ƨ✞ℳДƧ ИƎ?ᎶℍᏰ?ЯƧ

kj1214
12-09-15, 09:01 AM
It'd be nice if they gave us more than one design for the walls and floors for once. RS has floor sitting decor, but none for walls and floor while BS has both :/

Natasha_07
12-09-15, 09:13 AM
1.5 hours to go before the 'grand finale' surprise! :)

jmterao
12-09-15, 09:45 AM
I am expecting the announcement that they will no longer support RS or BS. The timings about right, just before Christmas.

triciamarie1999
12-09-15, 10:15 AM
I don't know why it's taking so long for the announcement

cheuk18me94
12-09-15, 10:58 AM
The latest new is 4Dec of new farm story 2...No other announcement.since

DragonWished
12-09-15, 10:59 AM
The weekly update generally releases around 1:30 pm Eastern. About a half hour from now, unless there's a delay at S8's end.

I don't know why it's taking so long for the announcement

alicee11
12-09-15, 11:14 AM
I am expecting the announcement that they will no longer support RS or BS. The timings about right, just before Christmas.

I was thinking the same since they made RS&BS 2 .... Well I hope not... Who is playing those games anyway.. Ya I know it's great graphic, but ohh noooo for this kind buying and cooking the food, makes me angry and annoying..

Natasha_07
12-09-15, 11:16 AM
15 minutes to go... (I'm not expecting anything good but still countdown) :)

kj1214
12-09-15, 11:31 AM
Goals are finally up

aiyoosha
12-09-15, 11:34 AM
it looks like a snow goal

twospoons
12-09-15, 11:39 AM
okay, that could be good, i like snow (although this relatively warm weather we're getting by me is also nice). i'm going to have to sneak away from my desk so i can see it.

aiyoosha
12-09-15, 11:42 AM
okay, that could be good, i like snow (although this relatively warm weather we're getting by me is also nice). i'm going to have to sneak away from my desk so i can see it.

say u have to go toilet n then just play XDDDD

aiyoosha
12-09-15, 11:43 AM
okay people we got silver skates, jack frost, frozen pond, and a snowy owl for sale all low coins price too and the oven is only like 23,000

Childsplay2014
12-09-15, 11:44 AM
Check your goal. The oven is not registering as being bought so it's still asking me to purchase one stove.

aiyoosha
12-09-15, 11:47 AM
Check your goal. The oven is not registering as being bought so it's still asking me to purchase one stove.

hmm mine is im making roast beast

PepperWoo
12-09-15, 11:47 AM

It will register after you've built it, not just bought.

deekathleen
12-09-15, 11:48 AM

Did you finish building it?

deekathleen
12-09-15, 11:48 AM
It will register after you've built it, not just bought.

You beat me to it lol

LalaSmooth
12-09-15, 11:51 AM
Why do people rush these goals and then complain when they've mastered everything so quick??? We have a whole MONTH to finish these goals not Days lol

aiyoosha
12-09-15, 11:54 AM
Why do people rush these goals and then complain when they've mastered everything so quick??? We have a whole MONTH to finish these goals not Days lol

well for me i like to just be done with it as soon as possible so i can move on n make more gems and be lazy, with goals for some reason i feel like i have to hurry up n do it or else i wont have time lol but i dont complain so i cant respond to the other sentence :P

Childsplay2014
12-09-15, 11:55 AM
Thanks Pepperwoo

LalaSmooth
12-09-15, 11:55 AM
well for me i like to just be done with it as soon as possible so i can move on n make more gems and be lazy, with goals for some reason i feel like i have to hurry up n do it or else i wont have time lol but i dont complain so i cant respond to the other sentence :P

I hope we don't need to ask neighbours for 12 one thing and 12 another. I remember back in 2012 goals it was required to ask 50 of your neighbours for something

Childsplay2014
12-09-15, 11:56 AM
Thanks, yes Deekathleen

aiyoosha
12-09-15, 11:58 AM
I hope we don't need to ask neighbours for 12 one thing and 12 another. I remember back in 2012 goals it was required to ask 50 of your neighbours for something

i hope not too, god i hate that so much. dont they kno we can only ask for one thing a day do they not care!!!!!!!!

Natasha_07
12-09-15, 12:02 PM

I bought and build 2 however when I exited the game it reverted to my basic ovens which I had stored 9 of them.

I did not get back my coins for the 2 ovens I bought though. :(

sandylbaum
12-09-15, 12:10 PM
I like the new floor decorations.

pipipooh1977
12-09-15, 12:42 PM
Glad these goals are geared towards winter and NOT Christmas! Whatever is Christmas I can sell. Yippie!

twospoons
12-09-15, 12:47 PM
roast beast! hee!

i love the grinch. best christmas special ever!

deekathleen
12-09-15, 01:18 PM
Maybe that is a message that they are going to be grinchy for Christmas?

Natasha_07
12-09-15, 01:20 PM
Maybe that is a message that they are going to be grinchy for Christmas?

We need to start a list for Cindy Lou's to audition and melt their heart!

deekathleen
12-09-15, 01:21 PM
We need to start a list for Cindy Lou's to audition and melt their heart!

Yeah really lol

jmterao
12-09-15, 03:05 PM
Anyone else notice the chairs look too small again?

eastie41
12-09-15, 03:14 PM
Yeah! Winter decorations are so cute. Love the tiles and wallpaper, too. Thanks Team Lava. :cool:

youki388
12-09-15, 03:26 PM
Anyone else notice the chairs look too small again?

Yep... sure did. I love the items. The snowy owl, jack frost and ice skating couple are all really nice. But its a huge shame the chairs look so ridiculously small. The same thing happened with the cheery carts last week. I mentioned they were small but got told it was intended to be that size lol :rolleyes: :D Hopefully they will rescale both the chairs and carts.

I saw some icicle tables at the back (not sure if these are the ones for this goal... but lets hope these are not small too lol ;)

LalaSmooth
12-09-15, 04:17 PM
Need 3.5 million to expand and now we need appliances and goal items. I have 250 gems and it costs me 40 gems to expand but I really don't want to use it to expand

twospoons
12-09-15, 04:23 PM
Need 3.5 million to expand and now we need appliances and goal items. I have 250 gems and it costs me 40 gems to expand but I really don't want to use it to expand

well, it's not like you didn't know goals were coming. just buy the minimums, or skip the goals, and keep cooking until you've got the coins required for expansion. so what if it takes you a little while longer than you thought it would?

meme1098
12-09-15, 04:27 PM
Yep... sure did. I love the items. The snowy owl, jack frost and ice skating couple are all really nice. But its a huge shame the chairs look so ridiculously small. The same thing happened with the cheery carts last week. I mentioned they were small but got told it was intended to be that size lol :rolleyes: :D Hopefully they will rescale both the chairs and carts.

I saw some icicle tables at the back (not sure if these are the ones for this goal... but lets hope these are not small too lol ;)

Yea...the chairs don't even match that blue table!! Did no one set them together to see how they'd look?

youki388
12-09-15, 05:45 PM
Arrgh! Just a warning guys... Jack Frost is part of the goals. And, yesss, I had already got one (I did the same with the apple vendor last time but it registered... not this time though, :p ). Am glad Jack Frost is quite cheap, as I had to purchase it again!

PS: I will laugh even more if the frozen pond is part of the next step of goal too! As yep, I also got that... geez I think for the new year goals I will refrain from purchasing the deco till after I've done each step of goal lmao :rolleyes: :D

pcabral03
12-09-15, 07:27 PM

Aww lucky on my device I need 80gems for expansion, I have enough coins for it but will wait till I'm done with goals just in case I needed extra for appliances or decor.

Rynetory2
12-09-15, 10:21 PM
Arrgh! Just a warning guys... Jack Frost is part of the goals. And, yesss, I had already got one (I did the same with the apple vendor last time but it registered... not this time though, :p ). Am glad Jack Frost is quite cheap, as I had to purchase it again!

PS: I will laugh even more if the frozen pond is part of the next step of goal too! As yep, I also got that... geez I think for the new year goals I will refrain from purchasing the deco till after I've done each step of goal lmao :rolleyes: :D

Awww you werent the only one who did this, I did that years back. Now I refrain from buying anything until I am done with the goals - no matter how tempting it is.

Rynetory2
12-09-15, 10:25 PM
This is a nice update. Agree with the size of the chairs. The recipes look yummilicious.

alicee11
12-10-15, 04:09 AM
Really in love with this update! Finally something frozen as I suggested in the forum yay! Just really hate the chairs :D

alicee11
12-10-15, 04:10 AM
Next time plz for some frozen forest, fountain, trees full of snow :D

DLL137
12-10-15, 12:50 PM
Loving this update, thank you S8! I absolutely adore the snowy owl and she's now amongst the trees in the winter clysdesdales (there's a "he" by the food for now with the santas helper cat looking up at him) I'm sure I'll buy at least one or two..or even 3 more and have a little owl family, it's a really beautiful floor decoration! I also, unlike what seems like everyone else, loved the chair..I don't see a big scale size difference, maybe it's a tiny bit 'thinner' but it's not like teeny tiny..and the back of it!!! WHAT A FUN SURPRISE!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The silver skates are especially loved by me as I am a huge fan of Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, I don't have a spot for them as yet but I'll be redecorating soon and can't leave them out (just curious, why silver and not gold? The Americans, Meryl Davis and Charlie White "won" Sochi so I'm just really curious why the skates are not gold...if I don't get a reply..I'm going to selfishly think what I want lol)
Can't wait to open up the nutcracker, looks like one that isn't creepy so well done there as well S8 cuz those things are like 99% always creepy..like lawngromes...so creepy..lol
And you know what? I'm done complaining, if I don't like something I'm not going to share it, so if I don't comment on something now and for forever - I don't like it for one reason or another.
Oh and the recipes! I got so excited for the first one, roast beast - what a great nod! (The guy I live with had no idea..bah)
The ones on the second appliance looked very fun, I love the snow candy, it's really really REALLY pretty.
Happy Holidays - Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Felix Navidad and Happy Festivus for the rest of us to S8 and forum goers! Lots of love - Donna (heart)

MamaFoodie
12-10-15, 12:56 PM
I like the recipes except for the stew. Too many soups and stews lately. Where's the beef? Lol I want a standing rib roast. That would be really cute.

Also, need more desserts. I would like a cookie or cupcake oven for restaurant story. Snowman desserts!

pixiegamer
12-12-15, 12:44 PM
Next time plz for some frozen forest, fountain, trees full of snow :D

Yes please!!! :D

I like the recipes except for the stew. Too many soups and stews lately. Where's the beef? Lol I want a standing rib roast. That would be really cute.

Also, need more desserts. I would like a cookie or cupcake oven for restaurant story. Snowman desserts!

I agree about there being too many stews, at least for players that have been around for a while. We have the regular 2-day stew on the stove, of course, but we recently got the Hearty Stew with current Christmas goals; Stocking Stew and Sleighbell Stew last Christmas; and Veggie Stew (which I loved the artwork for; kudos to the artist responsible for that one!) in January. At some point, you just have to step away from the stews :p (Though if we do get more, I hope they're Bouillabaisse or Provencal).

Soups, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing more of. French Onion Soup (in a handled crock like the one below would be amazing!), Potato Leek Soup, Cream of Mushroom... yum! :p

http://thefoodaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/frenchonionsoup11.jpg

But I agree some Christmas roasts would also be great to see. I was pretty surprised Roast Goose wasn't one of the recipes in the first appliance; 2015's Roast Beast seems a far cry from 2013's Roasted Pheasant. Maybe in a future update?

We got some desserts in the 2nd appliance :)

MamaFoodie
12-12-15, 03:12 PM
Responding to pixie gamer. I do love French onion soup. All the soups you mentioned are good. I just want more trandtional food. Green bean casserole I would love to see. Lasagna, standing rib roast, broccoli with cheese, garlic toast, hummingbird cake with lattice cream cheese frosting, banana cake. Geezz, snowman cookies, snowman donuts, snowman shake, twice baked potatoes. A baked potato oven! I'm hungry!

teammaggie
12-12-15, 05:49 PM
Does anyone else find the nutcracker massive compared to everything else? I wonder if they can make it smaller. I don't mind one that's large but this is just way too big.

pipipooh1977
12-16-15, 07:54 AM
Way to go S8, you HAD to ruin the final goal prize! It was perfectly fine looking, but I guess I didn't look closely enough....till I put it out on the floor. The one peep has a stupid Santa suit on!!!!! So I sold it...along with all the BS decor. The recipes weren't bad, they were more wintery than xmasy, so that part of the goal was doable. But the peep in the Santa suit was unnecessary...it could have been perfect....

And I'm sure today will be more xmas stuff, probably a crate...Let's get JUST winter decor. No tacky red and green junk, no Santas (who isn't even real in the first place), or elfs (who again aren't real), or flying reindeers...smh :rolleyes: JUST WINTER THEMED! Is that even possible? Can you even go against the grain for a bit? Or do you always have to run with the crowd? Can't be different. Can't just do just Winter themes. No imagination what so ever, how much red and green can you do? Really. It's the same stuff over and over....EVERY YEAR! Same characters in costumes, same type of tree, same wrapped xmas presents, seriously???? How much of that "stuff" to people really need? DO SOMETHING ELSE!!! Do a ski resort theme, a winter lodging theme, hot cider theme, hot cocoa theme...I know it takes imagination, something you may struggle with, but since you don't care, I guess it will continue this way. LAME!

Hopefully one of these weeks b4 spring comes we will finally get Winter themes, but I know it's a stretch of the imagination. Guess I will check the blog after xmas is over, no point coming on here or the blog till after xmas...but then you will probably move on to another type of theme, like more baby dragons...:rolleyes:

deekathleen
12-16-15, 09:35 AM
Some of us have no Christmas stuff. If you can't fit in the time to draw new Christmas items then at least release some old content for those of us who have NONE. One confusing Christmas birthday party display is sad.