PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: different rewards for tournaments

mayday2001
12-06-15, 12:12 AM
While I love the battles and winning unique dragons, after playing this game for 2 years, I have 21 champs and 6 more in storage. I would love it if once in a while we could have a different reward. 100,000 apples for instance, or a unique habitat now that we have room. Maybe a credit towards diamond temple or purple breeding den activation. You get the idea. Wondering what you all think. I realize many lower level players still want champions to battle for, perhaps this could be offered to players over level 125 or 150 just as the tasks in tales are different for some lower level players.

DeeDe99
12-06-15, 12:28 AM
Very good suggestion. Not all tournament bosses are Champions, but even so, there must be players who just don't want any more dragons, Champions or otherwise.

Maybe a selection of prizes and the winner selects which is most appropriate for them.

Half-time evolutions for a week - I'd take that!

AnglChk507
12-06-15, 02:05 AM
I absolutely love all those ideas! Wonder if they will actually listen to them

hiabarara
12-06-15, 04:43 AM
I love to get Champions, but some variety would be nice. I'm already sad we don't get habitats from World Events anymore, so I'm all for that! But food is something we all can use, so I'm cool with that, too :)

owa411
12-06-15, 05:07 AM
Super suggestions, may!!

DeeDe99
12-06-15, 05:17 AM
Hiabarara, that's why I never complain about food on the wheel! I'll take whatever food I can get!

hiabarara
12-06-15, 05:38 AM
Hiabarara, that's why I never complain about food on the wheel! I'll take whatever food I can get!

Sometimes I get upset (especially when I want a specific dragon), but it's better than maps, coins or crafting parts, so after some sighs I'm okay with it, too :)

DeeDe99
12-06-15, 05:57 AM
Oh, I never complain about maps either. I ALWAYS want maps! Bring me more maps!

devlinholics
12-06-15, 08:46 AM
I not trying to be biase against other players or S8, just stating suggestion IMO. I played DS for almost 3months I Guess... I ASSUMED S8 directions are players who buy gold who speed evolve, speed maybe dragons esp gold dragons. So impatient players would spend gold or players who can afford IMO.

They have success maybe in some events, dragon battles or DT. Where maybe players would spend goal on them. DS earns when gold are being bought. But they forgot something not all players like all of the dragons design.

Like this dragon battle, I do not really like the dragon design so I just skip it completely lol. I do not know about other players but even not 3months in I feel a little bored, I am like logging in just to farm for apples if no nice design dragons in a couple of months I might just plant 20hrs crop n log in daily.

Enough ranting l suggest if it helps. This happens in a card game which I quit a few years ago hope it helps.

Suggestion.
Whatever events not just the grand dragon is prize. Make 2 options in case players do not like that dragons( I use example like this dragon battle)

So if you complete 30 rounds you EITHIER choose Avalanche dragon as your prize ... Or if you do not want it you can pick the second option... It really helps when you pick #1 dragon or #2 perks. Once players tap on EITHIER give a confirmation button yes so players do not mass send S8 email telling them they pick wrong etc...

Perks can be what mayday mention 10k apples & 10 maps or whatever fits in.

But the way I look at it... Even how good suggestion we offer S8 is going have a cut in business as we all know S8 is going to have buying gold lost in people buying silver, apples or buying breeding dens. DS overall consist of players who do not spend $$$ n can get almost all dragons it is just time n patient vs players who pay.

OFF TOPIC: while playing other games a few years back, since events TOP prize are awarded to the top10 clans, it is almost impossible for players who do not spend or play causal... I am not going to lie I spend $100+ on just a single event(event is every week or 2weeks) I almost glue my eyes on the game for few hours Everyday lol.... Imagine there are 50 of us paying this much n hours spend on events, we are at TOP 4 to 7. I always felt those belong in higher tier than me, EITHIER they sleep 2 hours daily or do not sleep lol. You might think I am crazy but that is the best times I ever had in a FREE TO PLAY game lol

JMThrive
12-06-15, 05:27 PM
I put forth this suggestion a couple of months ago. For tournaments have two or three paths. One easy, one normal difficulty, one very difficult. Each path has a different reward and once you lock in on a path you cannot change.

howardsend
12-07-15, 03:03 AM
I like many of these tournament options too. Not the right thread perhaps, but with an older version/earlier start I can only evolve dragons first at level 7 so I rarely get crafting parts for dragons. I use food to level up to have battle arena dragons and they take so much now. I would like to see another way to get those parts, perhaps via the expansion mine instead. Sorry about wrong thread, if there's somewhere else to post this suggestion I will do so. Thanks!

DeeDe99
12-07-15, 03:19 AM
Having to evolve the extra time isn't all good. We have to evolve each dragon 3 times but have only the same single evolution temple. I have over one third of my dragons stuck on level 3 because there just aren't enough evolution hours available.

I end up with two of the mining dragon each time and the arena dragon because I collect so many pieces. I'd have more Epic dragons if it wasn't so hard to get them through the temple 3 times each.

freshfunin2008
12-07-15, 05:13 PM
I want a chance to win an ultra rare of your choosing. It just has to be ultra rare and we choose 1 from the group.

I am still waiting for them to bring back the find the diamond in the mine weekend. I got a diamond in one of my accts that way. That was the acct I had a hard time getting the 1st diamond. Now I have 3 in that acct.

mayday2001
12-07-15, 07:12 PM
I want a chance to win an ultra rare of your choosing. It just has to be ultra rare and we choose 1 from the group.

I am still waiting for them to bring back the find the diamond in the mine weekend. I got a diamond in one of my accts that way. That was the acct I had a hard time getting the 1st diamond. Now I have 3 in that acct.
Cool! I never heard of the find the diamond?i like that idea! And whoever posted the idea on options of tournament prize, also good idea.

jao1961
12-07-15, 07:22 PM
I don't mind champions. I have several. But yes a few apples for a win would be a great new addition. I get apples from mining but there's never enough😁

Simdiva
12-08-15, 02:04 AM
In response to devlin

Skipping because you don't like a design is not a great idea at the earlier stages, especially if is a dragon with very desirable crafting colours such as black, pink, or white. Those three are all difficult to come by and black especially you will need a lot of to craft dragons that you will find helpful. Unless if course you don't care about arena battles in which case it does not matter anyhow. So in other words, just because you do not like the appearance of a dragon does not mean it is not quite valuable. Many people were upset about feeding beast to fifteen but those that did got a strong fighter and Beauty will be a good fighter once epic. the nice bonus with beauty is that she is relatively cheap to feed unlike all the other ultras so those of us that got her got a bit of a food break there. She is not just a Barbie doll so to speak and the beast as some said is far from useless. Ditto for ghost and cursed rose. No dragon is ever useless.Avelance while not my personal cup of tea either is very good for trading.

Dragosle
12-08-15, 02:18 AM
My suggestion is adding food as reward when winning a match. Normally, you only win a piece of material to craft a dragon, and if you have happen to have 99 pieces, you'll get nothing (while mining dragon pieces can exceed its limit, weird!)

hiabarara
12-08-15, 07:15 AM
I am still waiting for them to bring back the find the diamond in the mine weekend. I got a diamond in one of my accts that way. That was the acct I had a hard time getting the 1st diamond. Now I have 3 in that acct.Wait, that was an actual thing? Oh my God! Please tell me more! When was that? And was it just a random one-time event or was it part of a bigger event? I never thought we could get a Diamond without breeding or buying it :eek:

amerirish
12-08-15, 07:43 AM
I would love it so much if after like 1000 battles (including or excluding tournaments) we could collect pieces that would let us craft any Ultra Rare. They are so freaking hard to breed and this would give players incentive to play more often :)

mylord7
12-08-15, 09:03 AM
My suggestion is adding food as reward when winning a match. Normally, you only win a piece of material to craft a dragon, and if you have happen to have 99 pieces, you'll get nothing (while mining dragon pieces can exceed its limit, weird!)
You are right that by battling the collected pieces can't exceed the limit as it happens in mine, but if you craft the dragon the counter goes to zero and then you earn again the pieces for a second dragon (the same one).

ndtrance
12-08-15, 11:09 AM
I put forth this suggestion a couple of months ago. For tournaments have two or three paths. One easy, one normal difficulty, one very difficult. Each path has a different reward and once you lock in on a path you cannot change.

I really love this idea. I play another game where during the events there are different paths you can take based on your capabilities. The rewards vary with the paths. I think this could offer more variety to the battles.

freshfunin2008
12-08-15, 07:18 PM
Wait, that was an actual thing? Oh my God! Please tell me more! When was that? And was it just a random one-time event or was it part of a bigger event? I never thought we could get a Diamond without breeding or buying it :eek:

It was early March 2014 when you had a chance to find the diamond in the mine. AFAIK it was a one time event.

Clark_Wayne
12-08-15, 08:57 PM
It was early March 2014 when you had a chance to find the diamond in the mine. AFAIK it was a one time event.

and it was a big mess LOL : many players got the diamond in the mine but could not find it in storage, so the support had to correct the bug LOL
may be that's why they didn't renew the experience ;)

hiabarara
12-09-15, 06:26 AM
and it was a big mess LOL : many players got the diamond in the mine but could not find it in storage, so the support had to correct the bug LOL
may be that's why they didn't renew the experience ;)

Sounds exactly like the Cursed Rose Dragon catastrophe of 2015 :D Some things never change.