PDA

View Full Version : Food quest has improved?

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 10:38 PM
I used to think the food quest a total waste of time. However, this last few days I've been getting 800 apples regularly and today I got 5,000.

Anyone else noticing improved returns lately?

Of course, once I actually got an 800 I sent Magic out more, but I reckon there has been a change to this.

blackeneddove
12-05-15, 10:40 PM
I went on a food quest yesterday and got 125 apples. This is the frequent norm for me. This or 3,000 coins.

My dragon needs questing lessons.

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 10:54 PM
That used to be my experience too, so I never bothered much. Now I'm sending him almost permanently!

devlinholics
12-05-15, 11:21 PM
Once I gt Magic I ONLY do food quest, I do not know if My Magic dragon is glitch or what but I am not complaining lol because overall I still think it is a better source for food in a Long run...

After 2 days of straight 3k coins, I farm 5k apples in the morning n another 8k apples just now lol

My Magic is at lvl1 never ever lvl her or gain an level she is my first magic ever breed... I breed another magic which is now lvl9 but do not seems to get the effect like my lvl1 tried her for a few times my hit rate in about a month...

Lvl9 magic
20% 3k coins, 70% 125apples etc, 10% 500apples at most

Since I use her for dragon battles so no big deal lol but....

Lvl1 magic
70% 3k coins, 20% 125 ~ 500apples, 10% 5k n 8k apples

You can see I really dun mind the few days coins lol I am so afraid to level her or evolve her. I name her miracle btw :)

hiabarara
12-06-15, 04:48 AM
If you guys don't use the food quest, what else do you do with your Quest Outpost? Not using it at all seems like an absolute waste and the other quests are not that great.
The gold quest doesn't even exist anymore and the map quest is an absolute joke. I tried it the last days because my Magic dragon is in the Breeding Den, but I get about 1 map every two or three days. The comet quest might be an alternative, but I read that it takes many months to get all the parts...

Back to the question - I always use the food quest and I noticed the 5.000 and 8.000 food a couple weeks ago.

DeeDe99
12-06-15, 05:14 AM
To answer your first question, not a lot really. During Dragon Tales I Use it a lot, of course, but other than that? Agree re the map quest, not worth the effort. If Island came back with 10 or 20 maps, even if only every now and then, I'd do it. But for 1?

The food quest is now worth doing. I think I got 6,725 apples today. I used to be lucky if I got 125 a week! Mind you, I recognise the success rate depends on how often one sends him out but there was no indication it was going to be any better and it was mostly coins. I think I got one lot of coins out of the last 5 trips.

Major improvement, in my view!

freesiawoods
12-06-15, 07:21 AM
I've been getting very poor returns since those tales started, which is of course when I most needed food. Nothing over 500, mostly 3000 coins or 125 apples for my six hours. Mind you this is consistent over my four accounts. Lucky for you, Deede.

blackeneddove
12-06-15, 08:29 AM
Once I gt Magic I ONLY do food quest, I do not know if My Magic dragon is glitch or what but I am not complaining lol because overall I still think it is a better source for food in a Long run...

After 2 days of straight 3k coins, I farm 5k apples in the morning n another 8k apples just now lol

My Magic is at lvl1 never ever lvl her or gain an level she is my first magic ever breed... I breed another magic which is now lvl9 but do not seems to get the effect like my lvl1 tried her for a few times my hit rate in about a month...

Lvl9 magic
20% 3k coins, 70% 125apples etc, 10% 500apples at most

Since I use her for dragon battles so no big deal lol but....

Lvl1 magic
70% 3k coins, 20% 125 ~ 500apples, 10% 5k n 8k apples

You can see I really dun mind the few days coins lol I am so afraid to level her or evolve her. I name her miracle btw :)

My magic is at 8 & was thinking to level it more...but maybe not. lol But I never get over 500 apples, and that would be a REALLY good day.

Maybe getting a new Magic fail won't be such a bad thing... ;)

To Hiabarara - I use my quest mainly to try and get parts for the Comet Dragon. I've been trying for about 8 months now to get them all... I only need one more core. Been trying 3 months alone just for that one part. :( Seems impossible for my island, yet my Moon dragon is still on a quest for one as we speak.

blackeneddove
12-06-15, 08:32 AM
I've been getting very poor returns since those tales started, which is of course when I most needed food. Nothing over 500, mostly 3000 coins or 125 apples for my six hours. Mind you this is consistent over my four accounts. Lucky for you, Deede.

This is my experience, exactly.

Are you a more seasoned player, freesiawoods? I've noticed that my neighbors who haven't been playing the game as long (regardless of how quickly they've leveled up, like DeeDe ;)) have had better luck with things. Or it could just be the device they play on. Or possibly the time of day you do certain things makes a difference?

There are many things it could be, but I suppose it could just be luck...

BiteMe111
12-06-15, 02:43 PM
A bonus of sending Magic on food quests is that you don't have to see him in your isle (yes, I think it's a particularly ugly dragon). :=)

feonalily
12-06-15, 03:09 PM
I've been getting a lot of apples too. Got 5,000 yesterday and then 800 and 3000

DeeDe99
12-06-15, 04:00 PM
I've noticed that my neighbors who haven't been playing the game as long (regardless of how quickly they've leveled up, like DeeDe ;)) have had better luck with things. .

I used to never bother with is, blackeneddove - I'm surprised at the improvement in returns this week. Have you tried doing it much recently? Would be interesting to see if you have a similar change in returns.

*sigh* rather easy to level up when unemployed, sadly - but it keeps my brain active. I'm not much of a TV person.

mylord7
12-06-15, 05:32 PM
I read at least 2 posts mentioning 8.000 crops.
I am sending "quest for crops" for months and i know that there 6 different prizes:
3.000 coins -> 125 crops -> 500 crops -> 800 crops -> 1.200 crops -> 5.000 crops
So, are you sure that it was 8.000 crops and not 800 ones?
As we have seen the last days, S8 reduces the prizes and i don't think it has been added a new prize, which is 8.000 crops.
I hope i am wrong...

belarica
12-06-15, 05:43 PM
If you guys don't use the food quest, what else do you do with your Quest Outpost? Not using it at all seems like an absolute waste and the other quests are not that great.
The gold quest doesn't even exist anymore and the map quest is an absolute joke. I tried it the last days because my Magic dragon is in the Breeding Den, but I get about 1 map every two or three days. The comet quest might be an alternative, but I read that it takes many months to get all the parts...

Back to the question - I always use the food quest and I noticed the 5.000 and 8.000 food a couple weeks ago.

I am currently sending my moon on quests since I only need 2 more parts. I got the Atlantis part very quickly after I finally bred one, within a week of sending him out.

DeeDe99
12-06-15, 06:20 PM
I am currently sending my moon on quests since I only need 2 more parts. I got the Atlantis part very quickly after I finally bred one, within a week of sending him out.

I'm still trying to actually breed a Moon! :D I've sent Atlantis (a recent arrival, a Duchess fail) on his quest a few times, he brings back food too, not what I actually sent him out for.

blackeneddove
12-06-15, 07:49 PM
I used to never bother with is, blackeneddove - I'm surprised at the improvement in returns this week. Have you tried doing it much recently? Would be interesting to see if you have a similar change in returns.

*sigh* rather easy to level up when unemployed, sadly - but it keeps my brain active. I'm not much of a TV person.

Yes, well...a few times anyway. Right after my tales ended I sent Magic out a few times. Got 500 food, then 125 food, and then 3,000 coins. Since I noticed a downward spiral in returns for my 6 hr investment, I started sending my Moon dragon back out on quests for the comet core.

amerirish
12-07-15, 11:45 AM
I've also had terrible results on this quest lately. Like others above, I usually get 3,000 coins, 125 food and the very infrequent 800 apples. I think I'd pass out if he ever brought back 5,000 apples.

hon3ycomb
12-07-15, 01:44 PM
I've never got more than 800 :(

MaribouMay
12-07-15, 02:03 PM
I find the quest for food to be very streaky. Sometimes I get good returns like 800 and 1200 food, occasionally 5000 food. Other times I get nothing but 3000 coins or 125 food. I continue to send out Magic as I have crafted a Comet and get maps regularly from my neighbors (I request from the Arctic Isle when I have an expansion in progress). I don't think I have seen an 8000 food reward.

pernmagic
12-07-15, 03:22 PM
I keep my magic on constant quest for food amounts vary between 125 -800 get 250 coins about every 5 quests ..... It has been better lately

hungryres
12-07-15, 09:01 PM
I went on a food quest yesterday and got 125 apples. This is the frequent norm for me. This or 3,000 coins.

My dragon needs questing lessons.

sadly i am with you for low food yield from this quest. i never got more than one thousand apples (125 apples and 3k coins is the norms for me). once i was stoked to get over a thousand apples, but game reset kicked in and i have collect the quest again , which had only coin return for me (that is for the same quest).

i was using high level magic for the quest before i bred second (or third ) magic dragon. current second magic i keep is only at lv 3, perhpas that affected the yield as well. i sorta stopped sending it to quest last week before i kept getting coins and for the tales.
after reading this thread, sending in high level (lv10) still did not affect much, just collect and got 125 apples.

Simdiva
12-08-15, 01:48 AM
I usually get 125 or 500 apples but I have gotten both 5000 and 8000. When I got the 8000 nobody believed me and I believe it was right about be time the gold quest was removed. As I said at the time a decent exchange in my view as I need food and was sometimes buying it anyhow. My level six tends to do better questing than my baby. I have never evolved magic past six.

Bastiaan0
12-08-15, 10:35 AM
I only started questing for food since they took away the quest for gold, so I can't tell the difference between then and now. I've had 5000 and 8000 apples too, but 3000 coins and 125 apples are common. Last days I've seen a few 500 and 800 apples rewards, too.

blackeneddove
12-08-15, 10:46 AM
Well, you guys mentioning the 5,000 & 8,000 apples have inspired me to try again. Lol - after my Moon came back from his last 3 quests with "40,000", "30,000", and "20,000" coins respectively, I sent magic out questing this morning. Plus, I have decided to start breeding for Anubis, so when I get a magic fail, I will send it questing to see if my baby one will do better than my lv 8. I'll keep you guys posted & let you know how it goes. 😉

mylord7
12-08-15, 06:49 PM
Thanks Simdiva and Bastiaan0 for confirming the 8.000 crops rewards.
As i already mentioned, i am questing for crops for months (3 every day) and i haven't seen such a reward until now. Perhaps it's a new entry after they have stopped the "quest for golds".

By the way, a friend of mine, which also questing only for crops, has 3 Magic Dragons on Level 4, 7, 9 and claims that Level 7 Dragon has earned the best rewards than the other two.
I don't know if it's only coincidence/luck or if the level of the dragon really influences the result of the quest, but i am mentioning it just in case someone wants to make some tests.
I only have one Epic Magic Dragon and i can't make tests for myself too.

lady_saphira
12-08-15, 08:59 PM
Well the minute I commented on this thread, my quest starts tanking. I've only gotten 125 food the last 6 times I've sent him out. Coins every other time, lol. Go figure!

devlinholics
12-08-15, 10:00 PM
By the way, a friend of mine, which also questing only for crops, has 3 Magic Dragons on Level 4, 7, 9 and claims that Level 7 Dragon has earned the best rewards than the other two.
I don't know if it's only coincidence/luck or if the level of the dragon really influences the result of the quest, but i am mentioning it just in case someone wants to make some tests.
I only have one Epic Magic Dragon and i can't make tests for myself too.

Since I only do magic quest since I gt it. I felt it is again pretty random.... I tried magic7 result are 3k coins, 125~800apples random... Tried to level to 9, I felt the result are worst Imo (I did almost 1month trail with magic9 I have gotten 800apples at most I believe)

My Magic1 is having the best result as you can see from page 1....

My Neighbour is testing this... Every 3days trail, farm maybe 2 or3x like me a day... He reported that one of his magic3 is having result like me... After 2 or 3days of straight 3k coins... Boommmm 5k apples or 8k apples...

Average I EITHIER get at least 5k or 8kapples in 7days except I was very lucky on last DT events I got 8k apples n after next again 8kapples... My best record not counting 125~800apples was that DT week I think in 7days I got total 2x8k apples n 2x5k apples for a level50+ it is pretty huge.

If any1 got spare magic laying around maybe try the magic quest for 3days since you are doing it than level up again to see if you can get the 5k or 8k apples effect

Edit: my Neighbour name his magic3 "miracle" too like me lol

blackeneddove
12-09-15, 08:55 AM
Well, you guys mentioning the 5,000 & 8,000 apples have inspired me to try again. Lol - after my Moon came back from his last 3 quests with "40,000", "30,000", and "20,000" coins respectively, I sent magic out questing this morning. Plus, I have decided to start breeding for Anubis, so when I get a magic fail, I will send it questing to see if my baby one will do better than my lv 8. I'll keep you guys posted & let you know how it goes. ��

So, to update: My last three quests with my Magic have been 800 apples, 500, & then 125. So nothing in the thousands for me yet, but overall not too bad since he didn't come back with any coins in three consecutive trips.

I have yet to send him out for days and days at a time because I get bored & start sending Moon on quests again hoping to get that last comet core. lol :rolleyes: I usually switch them back and forth every couple quests (Moon takes a whole day, so I might try him 3 times & then get bored, then switch back to magic). This may be why I never see those food counts in the thousands.

With the addition of the Holiday Trio my Anubis breeding has been put on hold, so I will have to test out the baby Magic questing some other time.

mylord7
12-09-15, 11:41 AM
Since I only do magic quest since I gt it. I felt it is again pretty random.... I tried magic7 result are 3k coins, 125~800apples random... Tried to level to 9, I felt the result are worst Imo (I did almost 1month trail with magic9 I have gotten 800apples at most I believe)

My Magic1 is having the best result as you can see from page 1....

My Neighbour is testing this... Every 3days trail, farm maybe 2 or3x like me a day... He reported that one of his magic3 is having result like me... After 2 or 3days of straight 3k coins... Boommmm 5k apples or 8k apples...

Average I EITHIER get at least 5k or 8kapples in 7days except I was very lucky on last DT events I got 8k apples n after next again 8kapples... My best record not counting 125~800apples was that DT week I think in 7days I got total 2x8k apples n 2x5k apples for a level50+ it is pretty huge.

If any1 got spare magic laying around maybe try the magic quest for 3days since you are doing it than level up again to see if you can get the 5k or 8k apples effect

Edit: my Neighbour name his magic3 "miracle" too like me lol
I am thinking to e-mail TL asking them to downgrade my Magic Dragon.
On Epic form either he is too fat to produce the big amount of food or he is always starving and during the questing procedure he is eating most of the fruits that produces and finally i earn almost nothing! :p :D
I am good person and i won't say that i am jealous on you about your good luck!
Nahhh, i prefer to say that i envy you!!! :p lol

By the way, i have noticed that if i have a small stock of crops, like 1-2 dozen k. of them, then my earnings are better, but i am not 100% sure about it, cause most of the time i prefer to have a good stock, like 100.000 or more.

nicsdragonisle
12-09-15, 12:01 PM
I've not noticed an increase. Magic is out constantly on my 2 games and returning with 125 or 3000 coins. If anything, I'm seeing more coin returns. Never got 5,000 food on either.

DeeDe99
12-09-15, 05:31 PM
I have to say I haven't seen another 5,000 since I posted originally, but I am definitely getting more food, less coins. Of course, I'm also doing the quest more given I'm getting a better return!

devlinholics
12-10-15, 03:03 AM
I am thinking to e-mail TL asking them to downgrade my Magic Dragon.
On Epic form either he is too fat to produce the big amount of food or he is always starving and during the questing procedure he is eating most of the fruits that produces and finally i earn almost nothing! :p :D

Maybe yr theory might be right lol since I only plant 7x 3.2k 5 hour crop lol... I am too poor n yes dun feed magic too fat he needs a diet, I almost die laughing seeing this post

DeeDe99
12-10-15, 04:23 AM
Just got 800. I'm happy with 800.

amerirish
12-10-15, 11:57 AM
I've really been paying more attention to what I get back from this quest and it's been 125 apples, 3,000 coins and once today I got 500 apples :(

mylord7
12-10-15, 07:18 PM
Maybe yr theory might be right lol since I only plant 7x 3.2k 5 hour crop lol... I am too poor n yes dun feed magic too fat he needs a diet, I almost die laughing seeing this post
At least, you almost died laughing, which is way far better situation than the Magic Dragon's future, who will die, for sure, eating apples, MY APPLES!!! :p :D
I would have traded him, but he doesn't even fit to the trading portal... :p :D

DeeDe99
12-10-15, 08:37 PM
Including the one I posted about above, the last three have been 800, 125 and just now 800 again. Will see what the 4th trip brings.

amerirish
12-15-15, 06:50 AM
ZOMG!! Just got 5,000 apples!!!! :eek:

DeeDe99
12-17-15, 05:00 AM
I just got another 5,000. Plus an 800 earlier today and a 125. Pretty pleased with that!