PDA

View Full Version : Dragon occupational health & safety concerns

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 07:06 PM
I am very worried about the isolation being suffered by Fruition and Cartographer. They aren't getting to share life with anyone and I am sure this is affecting them psychologically. Cartographer just doesn't seem chirpy and Fruition has such a frown. They can't even visit neighbouring habitats. This really needs addressing sooner rather than later.

While the Diamonds also live alone, some minor building modifications have meant their units are all interconnected now and they enjoy a roaring social life. Sometimes a little TOO roaring, to be honest. Since Unicorn arrived they are quite unruly. Unicorn and Gold just seem to run riot.

This evolution temple bottle neck is causing issues for the married couples. Mr and Mrs Franken are STILL on different levels, meaning the Breeding Den is not available to them. Mr and Mrs Lotus are in the same sad predicament.

Then there is the issue of the cliffs. While most of the younger set are reasonably good on the wing, little Sweet Tooth and Night Imp, having no wings to speak of, could easily fall off the edge. I recognise it is the Caretakers' responsibility to ensure a safe environment, but I do think the land developers (Storm 8) could pay a little more attention to safe precipices, before there is an unfortunate accident. Come to think of it, a young Coral doesn't exactly have a wing span worth more than a flutter.

Night Elf is just groovin' out and I really worry if he is "on something" most of the time. Perhaps he needs to be more gainfully employed so he has less time on his paws.

I am really, really worried about Sorcerer. He is missing Sorceress SO MUCH but as she is expired, I am concerned he is doomed. Perhaps she could make a fleeting reentry and they could be reunited.

Nouveau is going to get a very sore neck, flicking her hair from side to side every time she changes direction. I know she wants people to be able to see her pretty face, but the constant strain on her neck muscles is going to show up sooner or later.

General Crusader is fast outgrowing his accommodation. At Level 12 he is already knocking holes in the walls because he just doesn't have room to spread his wings properly. I think at Level 15 the walls will be demolished!

Cosmos is suffering an identity crisis. Being a blue/yellow hybrid, he can't adjust to being more orange than yellow. We've had long therapy sessions and he just isn't getting any better. The big grin is all outward bravado.

I've had to keep Glitter and Beast well away from each other. Until recently, Glitter basked in the glory of being the premier blue/purple (Dark Phoenix is still too young to rival her) but now she is feeling depressed about her position. She feels Beast has been brought in to usurp her.

Oh dear - a Caretaker's life is never dull.

lady_saphira
12-05-15, 08:36 PM
Your posts like this are always rather entertaining, lol. Thanks for something to lighten up the mood around here!

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 08:53 PM
Glad you enjoyed! The dull, boring life of the unemployed leads to imaginative flights of fancy.

JMThrive
12-05-15, 11:27 PM
Don't forget the SPCD (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Dragons) would probably take a very dim view to all the dragon battles we wage day after day.

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 11:34 PM
Excellent pick up JMT. I will ensure this is considered at the next Caretaker Committee Meeting.

mystctattoo
12-07-15, 07:24 AM
Omg I so needed a good laugh!! The title had me far too curious to pass this by without reading. Thank you for posting this!!! You don't even know how much I needed that laugh. Whew I'm crying over here ������

Annica5
12-07-15, 07:40 AM
An excellent thread! I've been longing to air my concerns about Air - he crashes down again and again instead of landing. His blue/yellow cousin Seabreeze have the same problem so it must be a hereditary defect. They both practice flying a lot but landing never ever goes smoothly.

The babies that trip themselves up, like Firestorm, seems to outgrow it so I try not to worry - until you mentioned the precipice! Those clumsy babies must be kept far from the cliffs! Oh my, I must hurry back and check on my islands.

Jackiesq
12-07-15, 08:22 AM
😂 I will give some special attention to the dragons that are sadly when I visit them!

mylord7
12-07-15, 05:47 PM
Glad you enjoyed! The dull, boring life of the unemployed leads to imaginative flights of fancy.
That's because your positive thinking and imagination is more than the cruel employers can stand! :)

DeeDe99
12-07-15, 08:18 PM
That's because your positive thinking and imagination is more than the cruel employers can stand! :)

:o Thanks!

Dragosle
12-07-15, 11:22 PM
You should make a regular journey out this in the future lol, name: The everyday life and troubles of a Dragons' Caretaker :D

DeeDe99
12-08-15, 12:43 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed! Thank you all for the compliments. :o

Simdiva
12-08-15, 01:29 AM
Just what I need to make me laugh myself to sleep ty

ecxtasy
12-08-15, 06:51 AM
Haha this was so funny had to let my daughter read. Thanks for the laugh!

FlatFoot
12-08-15, 03:39 PM
Haha, this gave me a chuckle. Nice @DeeDe99!

Xyn25
12-08-15, 08:59 PM
This was awesome!
Oh and my dragons are complaining about the long line at the Healing Spring! After being mauled by Steelflare this Tournament they can't wait to get a refreshing bath. Roaring and groaning ensues when I tell them it's not their turn yet.

DeeDe99
12-08-15, 09:38 PM
Oh yes, Xyn25 - health care is of paramount importance. Another item for the Caretaker Committee meeting to be sure!

You never know what wounds might become septic without prompt and appropriate care!

awsumum
12-09-15, 12:36 AM
Nice! And very humorous! Good read, keep up the epic work :)

chic4stylin
12-09-15, 04:30 AM
Very cute & well written! I agree that you should do a new installment every so often...I'd definitely read it! Thanks!;)