PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting Life (and other commons), looking for combo suggestion

hungryres
12-04-15, 09:15 PM
It seems i keep getting only Life and other Commons for a week now.

Life dragon - first noticing as i have to hatch one for the tales. but even after i have one on my nest, i got like 3 to 4 life dragon afterwards even i have changed breeding combo in between.

then i have stopped for awhile, keeping the breeding den free for a few days.

after finishing breeding required for the dragon tales, i started trying again, and got like 5th or 6th Life egg as shown in the screencap below.

having changed breeding combo for something else, i got Island instead.
(granted, i got one rare , trickster during before. but perhpas the possiblity is like one out of 1x trials)

today after learning that there is free boosted breeding, i start trying again, but then i got two other life dragon again, one already hatched ... 2nd screencap as below. i got three hr timer again after switching combo again, using coral instead of other dragon with watermelon.
any breeding combo suggestion if i want more pink type on my island since there is free boosted breeding again?
watermelon is the first dragon i got with pink type, never ending came to my island just last month (but breeding never ending with others also got me Life or Love dragon if my memory is correct and not biased).
my island has quite many yellow/ red, and blue/green combo already.

http://holland.pk/xe8itum5

http://holland.pk/1gtw7jzx

blackeneddove
12-04-15, 10:56 PM
How often do you switch? I get life dragons a lot, too. But I noticed (for my island) if I get a common dragon & then switch to a new pair, I will get another common dragon about 95% of the time. So usually I will stick with the pair I have for a few breedings and I'm still not getting anything I want after 4 tries I will try something different. Or sometimes I will stick it out with the same pair for longer if I'm really determined...or bored...lol.

This is just my experience with my island though. (I'm sure everyone's experience differs, just as it does in battle arena.)

I also have a new theory that I get more common dragons when my island has a certain egg rating versus another egg rating. I just started testing it recently though, so I don't have anything definitive.

I wish you much success/luck in your future breedings! Getting the same dragon over and over again is just no fun. Good luck!

blackeneddove
12-05-15, 12:18 AM
Oh! Also, if you really want just a pink dragon you could try for Virtue with a red (fire) & white (light) dragon. Definitely no life fails there. Good luck!

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 12:23 AM
BlackenedDove, what do you mean by "egg rating" please? Curious.......

blackeneddove
12-05-15, 01:00 AM
@ DeeDe99 - Oh, I mean what your island is rated as you visit your neighbors & play with their dragons. I call it an "egg rating" because you can have Zero eggs up to 4 eggs filled in on your island profile (depending on how many dragons you play with). I don't know what it's actually called.

But it seems like if I have more eggs or less filled in, my breeding luck changes. Same with the spin wheel... (still testing this theory, though)

groovyedwin
12-05-15, 02:19 AM
It is called your social rating. No affect on breeding or spin the wheel. It does affect how often you show up when people are looking for neighbors. The number of eggs are filled in using an inverse return scheme (as your count goes up you need more and more to get the next block of egg filled in). You get docked a set amount each day and you build up cred based on the number of dragons you play with.

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the clarification, folks - I thought you were referring to the Social Rating, but wanted to be sure in case I'd missed something! :)

blackeneddove
12-05-15, 10:16 AM
Sorry, it was really late last night when I wrote that. Social rating. Duh. lol

I know people say many things in this game "don't matter" or "doesn't effect anything", but I'm starting to notice a correlation for my breeding and social rating.

Just what I've noticed for me. Could be coincidence, hard to say. Except by nature I don't really believe in coincidences so... lol...

Anyway, hungryres - Good Luck with getting a pink dragon!

groovyedwin
12-05-15, 03:46 PM
Social rating is important in order to get a constant influx of neighbors that visit along with having a steady stream of maps while you are expanding. If you reach enough neighbors you can request for maps every 3 or 4 days and do continuous expansion without having to wait for days between each one. Important for lower levels is the neighbor visits that provide an extra 250 coins per habitat that is played with. This extra coin is a tremendous help when you are starting out.

bakerystoe
12-05-15, 07:29 PM
If u try to get gift wrap u can use light and lady bug for no life!:( that's possible right!)

blackeneddove
12-05-15, 07:50 PM
If u try to get gift wrap u can use light and lady bug for no life!:( that's possible right!)

Unfortunately, whenever Red and green are together Life fails are always a possible result. :/

bakerystoe
12-06-15, 02:56 AM
Try to breed landworm and air! It maybe split