PDA

View Full Version : buy gems now in the 30% sale or wait till Xmas guys?

youki388
12-04-15, 09:21 AM
Hi I noticed there is a 30% sale of gems in all the games today. I play RS and BS and am seriously tempted to buy 50 gems for GBP 4.99 for my BS account (usually its GBP7.99 - am in UK). But I didn't want to buy them and find during Xmas sale that it's 40% off hehe! ;)

So my question is really for the longer term players. Do they usually have 40% off at Xmas sales time or is it usually just 30% off too? Thank you so much for taking the time to reply :)

luincristiel
12-04-15, 09:28 AM
Hi I noticed there is a 30% sale of gems in all the games today. I play RS and BS and am seriously tempted to buy 50 gems for GBP 4.99 for my BS account (usually its GBP7.99 - am in UK). But I didn't want to buy them and find during Xmas sale that it's 40% off hehe! ;)

So my question is really for the longer term players. Do they usually have 40% off at Xmas sales time or is it usually just 30% off too? Thank you so much for taking the time to reply :)

Have been playing for 2 years - and the 40% sale only occurred on black Friday.
But clearly this year it's different (judging from the number of items we get from the BF sale) so it's hard to tell what we'll get for Christmas sale (or if there's going to be a Christmas sale at all - I don't think we had one in 2013).

Do you have anything you want to get with that 50 gems?

aiyoosha
12-04-15, 10:48 AM
well if we didnt get one on bf then we might not get any at all for any other sale, so i say dont count on the 40% off one coming

youki388
12-04-15, 10:59 AM
Thinking of getting the Sakura treats and Italian bakery. But not sure whether to hold off buying gems till the Xmas sales in case any previous Xmas items come up that I will like instead.

Yep, it sure was different this year!... I was gutted there was no Halloween sale as I really wanted the well of spirits, haunted house and trick or treat house... well any of the old TL stuff would have been welcomed. Hopefully its like last year and S8 decide to give us all a decent Xmas sale to make up for the lack of items in the BF sale, (fingers crossed!!).

aiyoosha
12-04-15, 11:02 AM
i say dont buy anything thats permanetly for sale until all these sales pass. so say in January then go nuts buy watever but to be on the safe side til then, just incase they give us a xmas sale or a boxing day sale you dont wanna be without any gems.

youki388
12-04-15, 11:03 AM
Thanks aiyoosha :) Am in two minds over this as I've never spent real money on a game before lol. But after losing 100g last week I am really tempted too. But guess I can always wait see what items they have in the Xmas sale and then see if they have a 25% or 30% offer on gems then.

Edit - Lol, only just seen your second reply about waiting till the sales are over. Totally agree with u and will wait hun :)

aiyoosha
12-04-15, 11:27 AM
Thanks aiyoosha :) Am in two minds over this as I've never spent real money on a game before lol. But after losing 100g last week I am really tempted too. But guess I can always wait see what items they have in the Xmas sale and then see if they have a 25% or 30% offer on gems then.

Edit - Lol, only just seen your second reply about waiting till the sales are over. Totally agree with u and will wait hun :)

loool

yeh cuz ive made that mistake before last year, n then i was like but wait i couldve bought that item any time too n i had nothing to buy wat was on sale *smack* im so dumb.

im thinking were not gonna get anymore sales, i think theyre just done with us sadly but knowing my luck, if i spend all my gems now i guarentee that theyll come out with awesome displays lol

minidemon88
12-04-15, 11:35 AM
Like everyone said, don't buy gems first. I doubt there will be a 40% sale during X'mas, since it's usually a one time offer during Black Friday. You can slowly take your time to save up gems and get the displays. Since those are no LTOs. xD

youki388
12-04-15, 11:59 AM
Thanks minidemon88 and aiyoosha will defo heed your words! Am mastering as many recipes as I can hehe :D and will hold off till Xmas sales to see what items they have.

Lol aiyoosha, hopefully we will get lots of LTOs/awesome displays to make up for the lack of BF items! :p

pieandcream
12-04-15, 04:43 PM
im npt buying gems since there havent been any worthwhile sales (decoration) for what....over 6months? i also dont buy overpriced item....such as small ones for 25gems+ i consider a rip off....so......