PDA

View Full Version : Plan the work, work the plan

DeeDe99
12-03-15, 04:34 PM
Honestly, I am hopeless. Absolutely hopeless! I cannot pick a dragon to be leveled up and STICK TO THE PLAN!

For better or for worse, my current focus is to get the Dragon Tales final prizes up to Epic. This may not be everyone's choice, but it is mine.

However, I keep getting side-tracked as I stroll around my island.

"Oh, darn, I've been meaning to get Nightlight raised" and on the spur of the moment I'll feed him.

No, woman, that is NOT your current plan! Stop it!

Then I look at Nouveau and think "I wouldn't mind getting her to 15". Given she wants 15,000 apples a meal, I'm never as tempted to spontaneously give her a snack. Thankfully.

There are these little gold producing blighters: not much use if they don't produce gold are they? But they tie up the evolution temple FOR EVER! Which is probably not a bad thing, because I can feed up Autumn and Spirit Queen while they wait.

Autumn is sitting at 8 and 3/5ths. Spirit Queen is on 6. Autumn is older so she gets priority, but even if I feed her, she can't get to the temple.

In the mean time I still have Winter Rose, Dark Crystal and Shadow I need to finish off, not to mention the three baby Champions looking at me bleakly every time I pass by the barracks.

"OH! Azurite, you poor young men. Here, have a snack!"

Don't do that, stop that, stop feeding the starving masses, STICK TO THE PLAN!

ecxtasy
12-03-15, 05:01 PM
Haha I can totally relate. I find thought that when it comes to battling level does not matter. So I have decided to feed my favourites first but that's if I can get enough food saved for tale events first.

owa411
12-03-15, 05:14 PM
DeeDe99, welcome to my wonderful world. Think we both have a "feeding-illness" ;)

DeeDe99
12-03-15, 05:43 PM
And all that's before I even look at Cupcake, languishing on level 7 after I wanted her so badly, or Prime Chroma still on level 3. Not to mention Mr & Mrs Franken and Mr & Mrs Lotus, who I am also drip feeding.

Beauty has to fix her lipstick, honestly, it is just too much. I feel like not feeding her at all until she sees a makeup artist.

Ecxtasy, I certainly believe colour/type carries more weight than level, to be sure. My problem is: TOO MANY FAVOURITES!

Owa411 - glad I am not alone!

Hawk1
12-03-15, 06:54 PM
I'd get gold producing dragons to 10 then worry about the rest.

MaribouMay
12-03-15, 07:00 PM
Beauty has to fix her lipstick, honestly, it is just too much. I feel like not feeding her at all until she sees a makeup artist.
Hahaha! I so agree with you!

I have a spreadsheet that I plan all my feedings, evolutions, etc. I always have something evolving. I pick dragons I like, that are good battlers, or fill a certain time slot. It all goes into my spreadsheet. That is the only way I can keep myself from spontaneous feedings.

DeeDe99
12-04-15, 03:44 AM
Haha I can totally relate. I find thought that when it comes to battling level does not matter. So I have decided to feed my favourites first but that's if I can get enough food saved for tale events first.

On that point re level, Bride of Franken I find to be a useful colour combo - at level 6 she just took out a level 14 Bat in fine style. In the last two tournaments I used her against opponents more her level, but today had a little bit more level disparity.

DeeDe99
12-04-15, 03:45 AM
Hahaha! I so agree with you!

I have a spreadsheet that I plan all my feedings, evolutions, etc. I always have something evolving. I pick dragons I like, that are good battlers, or fill a certain time slot. It all goes into my spreadsheet. That is the only way I can keep myself from spontaneous feedings.

Oh, no! I already have enough spreadsheets! LOL - I can't have an evolution schedule too!

pernmagic
12-04-15, 05:02 AM
L
And all that's before I even look at Cupcake, languishing on level 7 after I wanted her so badly, or Prime Chroma still on level 3. Not to mention Mr & Mrs Franken and Mr & Mrs Lotus, who I am also drip feeding.

Ecxtasy, I certainly believe colour/type carries more weight than level, to be sure. My problem is: TOO MANY FAVOURITES!

Owa411 - glad I am not alone!

You are not alone ..... I'm trying to concentrate On my Gold producing dragons knowing the temple will be blocked forever each time but then I need the the gold to speed the evolution ..... Chicken and egg dilemma ...... Oh well collect food for now then decide ..... Maybe :)

ecxtasy
12-04-15, 05:46 AM
Yes I think I am going to ignore feeding all except gold and see how much food I can save. Dragons are on a diet!

hiabarara
12-04-15, 07:31 AM
I totally agree with you guys. I think it's especially hard to not feed dragons who don't want much. I always think "Oh, 240 food per feeding? That's not much! I can do that and still feed the expensive dragon later!" But in the end I still miss these 1.200 food and I regret it :D

amerirish
12-04-15, 08:26 AM
Just a little tidbit: for anyone who is leveling up the gold producing dragons, I wouldn't bother going past level 10. They don't give anymore gold after that level so it's kind of a waste of food IMHO.

For me, I try to balance the fine line between feeding dragons to be able to evolve them for bombs vs. saving as much food as I can for any upcoming Tales events.

BTW, this thread & the OP is too funny :D

DeeDe99
12-04-15, 10:34 PM
BTW, this thread & the OP is too funny :D

;) Thanks. Figured we needed a bit of lightheartedness around the place!

sugarteddys
12-05-15, 05:10 AM
i have the opposite problem! i cant decide which dragons to level up, so hoard food, and then its gone on the tales! :P thinking about levelling up 2 dragons over the next month or 2, and then try for the primes, since prime chroma is BEAUTIFUL!

DeeDe99
12-07-15, 01:41 AM
I did it again today. Remember my plan to level up the Dragon Tales prizes? Yes, well, you know, we had this tournament, and, well, some other young fry impressed with their performance, so I fed a couple of them.

*handcuffs hands AWAY from FEED button*

BiteMe111
12-07-15, 10:14 AM
Right now, I'm concentrating at bringing my two new gold producing dragons to level 10. But other than that, I alternate. I work on one dragon that is a good arena fighter for me and bring it one level closer to level 15 (those were already at 10 before we Android users got higher levels, so it's between 10 and 15 they need to be fed). Then I feed up to 10 one dragon that I like the looks of (no point of getting them higher, looks don't change after 10), which would be mostly my Halloween isle and Space isle. In the former group, I started with Gold (my best fighter), so the way it worked is that I got Gold to 11, then fed one of the cool looking dragons to 10, then got Gold to 12, another good looker to 10, Gold to 13...etc. This way, I have already gotten Gold and Divine to 15 and next up is Mercury, currently at 11, while at the same time I'm working on the nice looking guys.

I only plant Rushrooms or Diamondates. With over 30 million gold I don't know what to do with (was higher before I recently bought two Treasure habitats), I wish there was a crop that costs more but yields more.

Dragosle
12-07-15, 11:27 PM
So far my only feeding plan was: if I got a new gold dragon, he/she going up to lv10 ASAP. Other dragons: Arena usefulness > Pretty > Randomness if there too much food to spare. Also, I do have some dragons on the list of never-to-reach-epic (since their epic forms is too ugly). My real struggle is to match each dragons that I have out on the island together so that they looks like a pair of happy friends in a appropriate-looking habitat!

Luckily that the dragons are... well... virtue. If they are for real cuddling animals around than I can image myself with bigger problems than you now (also this is an imaginary opinion thought XD)

DeeDe99
12-08-15, 12:45 AM
TOO MUCH FOOD? I have 50 something dragons stuck at level 3. There is never a remote chance of too much food on my island!

Dragosle
12-08-15, 02:07 AM
TOO MUCH FOOD? I have 50 something dragons stuck at level 3. There is never a remote chance of too much food on my island!

It depend on how you spend them actually. If it goes like what you mentioned in the thread then indeed nowhere near enough. But in my case, and my "plan", it is like that. Plus, I had a policy of not raising any dragons beyond lv10 (my pretty number), which I think I forgot to mention; and my dragons still kicking in the Arena :cool:

With my amount of food now, although it's many but I don't think I even have enough to raise all of the basic dragons to level 15 alone (and I believe someone did mention that his/her million of apples were gone just to feed the basic dragon to lv15 :p )

Xyn25
12-08-15, 09:12 PM
Oh, goodness. There's NEVER enough food for me to evolve my dragons! Right now I'm sticking to hoarding food like a madwoman to be ready for the next tales. I'm only feeding new babies or the ones I plan to trade to level 4.The only exceptions were Rose Knight and Diamond which got evolution rights for the tournament.

DeeDe99
12-08-15, 09:35 PM
Since the tales finished, even with my erratic food allocation, I've managed to take Autumn to epic, Shadow to epic (man, he's ferocious in the Arena), Spirit Queen is nearly level 8, Firestorm is evolving to 7 (reward for previous tournament performance as the "angry little dude") and
Prime Chroma is next in line for the Evolution temple, to be followed by Winter Rose. My farms are working overtime. Rose is now level 8.

Beast is shaping up to be a fighter and a half.