PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Animals

cocauina
12-03-15, 12:24 PM
Why all of them have been removed?

Prize Pony and the sale were the only limited things...

Scribbles138
12-03-15, 12:25 PM
They were all on sale on December 1, and were then taken out of the shop. No explanation given, just that during the sale that it would be the last time to get them.

Clark_Wayne
12-03-15, 02:34 PM
they were on sale only for 1 day. like for dragon story. they said it for dragon story but i don't remember if they said it too for ffs

cocauina
12-03-15, 04:31 PM
Like I already said

Prize Pony and the sale were the only limited things...

I now the animals were on sale for 1 day along with the gold dragons from DS, I bought another Money Badger in FFS.

But TL didn't removed the gold dragons from the game, only Midas and Stainglass since they are the limited ones that appear once a year, when in FFS the only limited treasure animal is Prize Pony and not the rest, why remove all the other treasure animals when they are breedable and were never limited animals? That doesn't make sence, TL didn't gave any notice saying this was the last time the animals would be in game, I have the screenshots were they only say that the animals will be on sale and not available for the last time.

We need an explanation Kooky, it would be appreciated.

cocauina
12-03-15, 04:36 PM
Just found this screenshot from calvinxx (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86936-To-TL-Important-questions-about-Treasure-animals-sale&p=1215371&viewfull=1#post1215371)

I just hate this, why they were discontinued? That doesn't make sense..

sweetdeda
12-03-15, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately Kooky doesn't have the answers we have all been asking. No one knows why TL did this. But I think everyone agrees one day warning was just wrong.

cocauina
12-03-15, 10:38 PM
Unfortunately Kooky doesn't have the answers we have all been asking. No one knows why TL did this. But I think everyone agrees one day warning was just wrong.

The warning was made on the sale's day.. That's just wrong.. But unfortunately, warning the players is something that TL loves not to do.

O know Kooky doesn't have that answer, but I was hoping and still hope that she will be able to have an explanation for us from TL, after all, this is not the first time that Kooky is the one that answer and give explains to us :)

LonePudding
12-04-15, 09:47 AM
I wish we were all warned earlier - I would've tried to breed one instead of failing to breed animals that are (or that we think are) permanent animals. No treasure animals for me. :(

cocauina
12-04-15, 12:48 PM
I wish we were all warned earlier - I would've tried to breed one instead of failing to breed animals that are (or that we think are) permanent animals. No treasure animals for me. :(

I bought 3 of them, 2 Badger's and 1 Retriever, but only bought Badger on this sale thinking that the animals would not desappear...

I hope have a rain of crystals happening so you can have crystal to buy at least one treasure when TL released again :p

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 06:20 PM
I just collected my first Gem from my Treasure Trove which contains the Money Badger I bought during the Cyber Monday sale. It took all week to hatch it and raise it up to level 15. Now I can start collecting on my investment.

Clark_Wayne
12-07-15, 06:59 PM
Like I already said

I now the animals were on sale for 1 day along with the gold dragons from DS, I bought another Money Badger in FFS.

But TL didn't removed the gold dragons from the game, only Midas and Stainglass since they are the limited ones that appear once a year, when in FFS the only limited treasure animal is Prize Pony and not the rest, why remove all the other treasure animals when they are breedable and were never limited animals? That doesn't make sence, TL didn't gave any notice saying this was the last time the animals would be in game, I have the screenshots were they only say that the animals will be on sale and not available for the last time.

We need an explanation Kooky, it would be appreciated.

i just found out all the treasure animals disappeared from the market ! sorry i didn't understand before :eek:
well looks like we are not having treasure animals anymore :(
it is probably their new politics : no more gems rewards from tourney, no more gems animals.
not a good thing : more players will stop playing !
i'm scared about the next thing they will remove ! :eek:

ogreve
12-08-15, 02:56 AM
i just found out all the treasure animals disappeared from the market ! sorry i didn't understand before :eek:
well looks like we are not having treasure animals anymore :(
it is probably their new politics : no more gems rewards from tourney, no more gems animals.
not a good thing : more players will stop playing !
i'm scared about the next thing they will remove ! :eek:

I fully agree. I hope they stop right here with taking "gem receiving options" away from us. If everything cool can only be done with money-bought gems, the fun will quickly go away. Besides, lots of players cannot afford to buy (many) gems with real money.
TL would do far better if they leave our little gem rewards and Treasure animal given gems intact and just continue with their normal strategy of releasing the special habitats that have either a 100 or 200 gem sale cost and that surely do result in many players buying such habitats.
The Prize Pony's release surely was good for their revenue too as many players (me included) jumped on the 600 gems sale price. I also bought a 1100 gems costing Quartz Quetzalcoatl on sale in order to kick-start gem breeding, and I bought quite a few of the special habitats on sale, as well as the Magnetic Mouse on sale and the Mamaroo on sale, and of course to top it off: TWO of the Crystal Unicorn value packs.
Now, what did I NOT buy on sale? Right: the Cyber Monday Treasure animals, DESPITE having a gem sale that day.
I really did not like the short notice and I did not want to let them "win" by getting MY money for that particular sale technique. I'm sure they got away with it though, as many players quite righteously so did buy Treasure animals as they would otherwise not have any chance at ever getting them anymore. I can fully understand that, but I at least decided not to jump on that Treasure train.

Now, almost ALL of the above mentioned acquisitions I made were done AFTER I *bred* a Golden Retriever that loyally gifts me gems and after having received gem rewards earlier on from several things. Those rewards etc. have never stopped me from buying gems when the moments came around that really good stuff was released for fair sale prices. The keyword in all of my acquisitions is "sale" and not "expiration".

I again air my opinion that I consider it a very poor decision on TL's behalf to take Treasure away like this with only a 1 day's notice. Sure, on Cyber Monday they will have made many more sales because of it, but now they're gone. I think it would have been much smarter to simply let the (previously) permanent Treasure animals remain permanent and to release limited ones at times, like they did with the Prize Pony.

I still hope we'll at least get some new Treasure animals to breed for, and with longer breeding chances than just one week. At the very least a 1 month period would be needed, but it would be best if they would become permanent then.

Come to think of it, in the (now closed) Christmas thread I would like to add 1 request, just 1: to please get our Treasure animals back (or to get new ones), AFAIC all the other cool things I could think off could then be struck through.

Shadifern
12-22-15, 07:37 PM
Not fair. Why just suddenly remove them? I finally got the animals to breed a golden retriever, and now its gone. Some of us can't get the money to buy gems for treasure animals.

Phaedrakiki
01-13-16, 12:10 AM
I no longer see the treasure animals in the market--only the Ornate Ocelot. I checked its thread, and saw it couldn't be bred (what a disappointment!) So I checked one of the other threads, and saw someone had used 2 unicorns to breed treasure types. I just got a 2nd unicorn, so I started breeding them together, in hopes I'd get a toucan or other treasure (haven't gotten lucky breeding them yet.) After several fails, I decided to check their pictures in the market, to help with my prayers (lol.) But I can't find them! I searched for a thread about them, but no luck...

Sandybellee
01-13-16, 02:03 AM
Unfortunately the old treasure animals were all retired after a 1-day sale in the beginning of December. So you can't breed them anymore. There are a couple of threads about it (one one page 2 and the other on page 3).

Phaedrakiki
01-13-16, 03:56 AM
This makes me furious! I've been trying to breed treasure animals since they first came out (been playing since the beginning.) Never had luck, so I would have definitely purchased one on sale if I'd known. And especially if I'd known they were leaving the market! What kind of notice is one day? And during the holidays, no less...when ppl are busy with family & other stuff?

I recently bred another unicorn, and I've been trying to breed a treasure animal with it the last couple days (with my original unicorn.) Now I find out all that breeding was in vain!

I'm also angry that they did add another treasure animal (Ornate Ocelot,)...but it can't be bred. They took away the ones we could breed, and now only sell them. Not really fair! (And just as I was beginning to feel my luck was changing--just bred my 2nd gem hybrid!)

Players are always going on about how money-hungry TL/Storm is, but I try not to let it bother me. I usually just try to focus on the positive aspects of the game. But this time, I'm having a hard time "shaking it off." These guys are unbelieveable!

Phaedrakiki
01-13-16, 05:04 AM
Thanks for your reply!

Very upsetting news. I've been reading the posts--I'm so mad!

ogreve
01-13-16, 07:18 AM
Thanks for your reply!

Very upsetting news. I've been reading the posts--I'm so mad!

Yeah, TL "took 'm behind the barn". :(
I too am still VERY upset about it, especially since on BF I bought TWO Crystal Unicorns in order to aim for Treasure and third Trio animals. Both now seem to have been discontinued, so I guess the joke is on me --this time at least.

ogreve
01-13-16, 07:30 AM
But this time, I'm having a hard time "shaking it off."

Same here.
The way the former permanent treasure animals were discontinued and then a new buy-only (low reward) new one was introduced ****ed a lot of FFS fun for me and I'm no longer as enthusiastic about the game anymore. Moreover, it has caused a severe shift for me to go elsewhere. It's sad though; FFS was by FAR my #1 game. Plenty of fair challenges left elsewhere though.

I can only hope that TL comes to their senses and returns breedable treasure animals, or does something else which is cool. For now, they're at rock-bottom level for me. It's a good thing at least that FFS can be played with little effort and a few short daily bursts of activity. In a way it's kinda "refreshing" to take FFS lightly nowadays.
I don't intend to fully leave FFS though -- the thought of abandoning Ember would break my heart. :/

JeffW60
03-22-16, 03:22 PM
I believe Garnett Griffin was the last gem animal released. Will there likely be more gem animals released in the future? How often do new ones come out?

Sandybellee
03-22-16, 03:25 PM
So far they have released a second gem hybrid for water, nature and fire. I'm expecting a second hybrid for earth, electric and dark, as well.

kooky panda
03-22-16, 04:00 PM
New treasure animal will be joining us shortly!

Goldscale March 25 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?90159-Goldscale-March-25-2016)

Drachenia
03-22-16, 08:38 PM
New treasure animal will be joining us shortly!

Goldscale March 25 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?90159-Goldscale-March-25-2016)

Thank you Kooky Panda for your great inform :D