PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/03 Update - Expansions

sourp4tch
12-03-15, 12:02 PM
EXpecting lots of guests this seasons? Perhaps a lot of space is needed to contain them all? All throughout the season, people come and go, come and go. Now, if there were more room for them to mingle, perhaps they'd stay a while longer? Definitely, something worth considering!

[==Update will be live starting 12/03 @ noon.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: EXPAND

sourp4tch
12-03-15, 12:02 PM
Troubleshooting expansions with SpiritWind;)

To open up a square, you must have a % of royal items on your board, have lanterns, coins and permits. Once these items are given to a particular square, they cannot be 'ungiven'.

If you tick all of the items in an expansion square, you get a big green tick over the land you've opened up.

If it does not open:
1. Check you had enough royal Points
2. Force close your game
3. Check you didn't give the items to another square already.

This is a good explanation: (thank you Queenzod)

Go back to expansion mode and you will see a big green arrow in the area. Tap on that. It didn't used to work like that, but it does now that they've changed something. Once you pay/give everything, it kicks you out of expansion mode.

Need help? You can post in the Bugs thread if you've tried the above and the land still hasn't opened up. Make sure you say which square you're having trouble with.

Post in this Bugs Forum thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87143-Expansion-won-t-open-post-here-if-you-re-having-issues-SW&p=1217946#post1217946

Post 4 below has the map.

Thanks,
SW

55lee55
12-03-15, 02:20 PM
Awesome!

I already had enough expansion permits made from last time but I am refraining from fully expanding until I replace those in my inventory.

If I remember from previous expansions, it seems to me that the cost per expansion is less this time around. Can someone confirm? This would be a big help to many.

So far, in the four blocks I have cleared, there have been no valuable finds, but I just need the space and not the great finds, so this is fine with me.

Thanks S8!

ShibuyaCloth
12-03-15, 02:31 PM
The new update is with expansions. So let your coins roll, lantern shine, and expansion permits fly (or make a huge dent into your trade ticket stock).
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-ExpansionsMap.png

New plots:

X Y Coord RP Lanterns Coins Permits
B 6 B6 3,300 20 310,000 1
N 8 N8 3,000 19 350,000 1
B 9 B9 3,300 24 310,000 3
D 11 D11 3,800 18 520,000 3
E 11 D11 3,300 24 310,000 3
J 11 J11 2,500 23 250,000 3

For this session you will need:

Royal Point: 3,800
Lanterns: 128
Coins: 2,050,000
Permits: 14

That converts to 420 trade tickets.

rulerofjennyville
12-03-15, 02:33 PM
EXpecting lots of guests this seasons? Perhaps a lot of space is needed to contain them all? All throughout the season, people come and go, come and go. Now, if there were more room for them to mingle, perhaps they'd stay a while longer? Definitely, something worth considering!

[==Update will be live starting 12/03 @ noon.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: EXPAND

Well, 12:03 noon has come and gone for me and no update. Nothing about this whatsoever. I looked under my settings and forced it closed. Does anyone else have this yet?

ShibuyaCloth
12-03-15, 02:36 PM
Well, 12:03 noon has come and gone for me and no update. Nothing about this whatsoever. I looked under my settings and forced it closed. Does anyone else have this yet?

See my post!

rulerofjennyville
12-03-15, 02:40 PM
See my post!

I see it but I don't see any new expansions in my park

greediron
12-03-15, 02:53 PM
I see it but I don't see any new expansions in my parkgo to the market and click on expand. I had to go there to see them.

carebear0211
12-03-15, 02:53 PM
I know everyone always seems to be begging for expansions, but I was really really looking forward to a fun goal oriented update. Last week's update was great, but it only took 2 days to complete.... oh well, maybe next week!

totalwasteoftime
12-03-15, 03:19 PM
I know everyone always seems to be begging for expansions, but I was really really looking forward to a fun goal oriented update. Last week's update was great, but it only took 2 days to complete.... oh well, maybe next week!

I think our turn will come... The winter upgrade talked about "Eight new exclusive items for your kingdom" - I'm hoping that will include some useful building and am guessing they won't all be 1x1 sized! I still have room to expand and am slowly trading away to get those expansion tickets but some of our friends have no more room on their boards and no open plots for expansion, so will need the chance to open up some space before getting anything new!
Consider this S8's gift to the rest of us... a week free of timed quests/events to stock up on all the basics, have our buildings ready for collecting/crafting/adventuring and crops ready to harvest for whatever comes next week!

SpiritWind00
12-03-15, 03:20 PM
I see it but I don't see any new expansions in my park

You'll only see the new ones if you've expanded everywhere else in front of them.

vednir
12-03-15, 03:31 PM
What on earth possessed them to not open plot C9 and leave it as a hole? I wonder if it'll be used to introduce something new so people won't have to expand out further to reach a spot.

rulerofjennyville
12-03-15, 03:31 PM
You'll only see the new ones if you've expanded everywhere else in front of them.

OK. I was thinking there was a pop-up box announcement or something I was looking for. Does the expansion go down to that gold gazebo? I can't tell from the picture but it looks like it might.

SpiritWind00
12-03-15, 03:33 PM
OK. I was thinking there was a pop-up box announcement or something I was looking for. Does the expansion go down to that gold gazebo? I can't tell from the picture but it looks like it might.

No ;) left side and top mainly.

jessiefromshimerville
12-03-15, 03:37 PM
I see 4 new plots of land to expand upon. I like the fact that the new expansions only need 1 permit. It has been a tiresome process to work on. 3 and 4 permits per plot of land

Queenzod
12-03-15, 03:54 PM
What on earth possessed them to not open plot C9 and leave it as a hole? I wonder if it'll be used to introduce something new so people won't have to expand out further to reach a spot.

My question exactly! It looks silly.

tigarlilyvol
12-03-15, 04:14 PM
My question exactly! It looks silly.

We need to give it a name, Sherwood Forest, Central Park, Blythewood Hidden Forest.

kimberly0822
12-03-15, 04:16 PM
Pffft! Ive been working on expansions forever and still had 3left from last time. I wish i knew the secret of all those that can get fully expanded and still have expansion permits left over. My exchange is going non stop but it takes forever to get 30 exchange tickets for just 1 expansion permit. That is the ONLY way to get them right? What am I doing wrong? Anyone out there have any advise?

SpiritWind00
12-03-15, 04:47 PM
Not really any secret, it's just that at some point you eventually catch up and then start stockpiling. And there may be gems spent for some too... ;)

kellbell710
12-03-15, 04:48 PM
Are expansions the only update for this week? I hope that doesn't sound ungrateful. I was just wondering because I havent collected from anything that takes more than 12 hours to regenerate since yesterday and I have saved my energy from 2 horses just in case there was something more.

vednir
12-03-15, 05:02 PM
Just a friendly FYI but be sure to stock up on EVERYTHING this week in order to be ready for next week's update. The holiday updates have generally been timed events of various kinds.

labsandboxers
12-03-15, 05:15 PM
I don't mind the hole. Its in my pastures and fairyland. I was hoping for blocks onM and N, I need to expand my Christmas village

Queenzod
12-03-15, 06:01 PM
We need to give it a name, Sherwood Forest, Central Park, Blythewood Hidden Forest.

The Very Silly Shrubberies of the Knights of Ni! ?

Moulin1
12-03-15, 08:50 PM
oh dear, I had just sent Old Tom's letter to Agnes, so my exchange is out of action for 3 days ��

janddolphins
12-03-15, 09:49 PM
I had 9 left before this update so I will be busy for quite a while but I enjoy getting to expand so always happy to know more places will be available when I reach the point. For those already there congrats!

EBJW
12-03-15, 10:54 PM
I'm so happy with N8 (#4 ShibuyaCloth): I can finally place my forgotten roost in my spooky cornor!
But that C9 puzzles me as well....! Have to think about (around) that one :rolleyes:

And right now not running out on permits, but on lanterns, my workshops look like Sinterklaas'and Santa's factories now: busy busy working overtime 😊

Sinterklaas: dutch celebration, dec.5. Santa once took a good look at him and decided....

mreames
12-04-15, 03:39 PM
Just got 3 free trade tickets for visiting old Thomas. ;) since it talked about the farm, I assume it had to do with installing Farm Story 2: Christmas.

ninasidstorm8
12-04-15, 03:42 PM
Just got 3 free trade tickets for visiting old Thomas. ;) since it talked about the farm, I assume it had to do with installing Farm Story 2: Christmas.

Same thing happened to me though I am not sure how many Trade Tickets I received. What ever happened to 30 Gems :-)

mreames
12-04-15, 03:50 PM
Same thing happened to me though I am not sure how many Trade Tickets I received. What ever happened to 30 Gems :-)

I got the 30 gems when I installed it last night. Hopefully you did too. ;)
I made sure how many I had before I visited old Thomas so I know it was 3.

meme1098
12-04-15, 04:20 PM

I tapped an animal collecting from my cows & it popped up immediately. So I'm thinking it had something to do with that. I did the FS2 thing this morning & already got the reward for that. Anyway it was a nice surprise :D

nickiz09
12-04-15, 04:27 PM
Any else have an issue expanding to a section it reload and the it be gone?? I forced close the app and it was still gone!! That's a lot of lanterns and 3 permits I just lost ;(

ShibuyaCloth
12-04-15, 04:36 PM
Any else have an issue expanding to a section it reload and the it be gone?? I forced close the app and it was still gone!! That's a lot of lanterns and 3 permits I just lost ;(

You probably didn't have enough RP.

mreames
12-04-15, 04:56 PM
I tapped an animal collecting from my cows & it popped up immediately. So I'm thinking it had something to do with that. I did the FS2 thing this morning & already got the reward for that. Anyway it was a nice surprise :D

I had just gone in and not collected from anything yet. This was similar to another time we got lanterns from old Thomas and it was associated with a download at that time too. It still gives the gems but this is an additional reward on top of those.

It also had a similar pop up in Dragon Story.

ktorewqas
12-04-15, 05:00 PM
I got the task but no gems :(

BahSunFarms
12-04-15, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the 3 free trade tickets!

mreames
12-04-15, 05:03 PM
I got the task but no gems :(

Had you already installed Farm Story 2: Christmas? Had you already had a goal to install it? I got the goal to install it late last night and got the gems then. (And 30 gold in DS.)

nickiz09
12-04-15, 05:07 PM
I definitely did. When I got to expand again the lot doesn't even light up. 😁

You probably didn't have enough RP.

mreames
12-04-15, 05:12 PM
I definitely did. When I got to expand again the lot doesn't even light up. ��

Just to be sure, how to put this.... Have you tried to see if the trees and rocks can be chopped in that space etc.? Just wondering if it might look like it hasn't expanded because it's full of stuff. I'm sure you know the difference, I just had to ask. Lol

ktorewqas
12-04-15, 05:21 PM
Had you already installed Farm Story 2: Christmas? Had you already had a goal to install it? I got the goal to install it late last night and got the gems then. (And 30 gold in DS.)
It was not in the goal list but in the left bottom above menu, so it might be that reason. Thanks :)

mreames
12-04-15, 05:25 PM
It was not in the goal list but in the left bottom above menu, so it might be that reason. Thanks :)

Yeah, never, ever install anything from there, I think. Anytime I do, I lose out on getting gems. :(

ktorewqas
12-04-15, 06:06 PM
Yeah, never, ever install anything from there, I think. Anytime I do, I lose out on getting gems. :(I will remember that, thank you :)

mreames
12-04-15, 06:11 PM
I will remember that, thank you :)

I had to remember it, too... For a reason. Lol been there, done that. ;) I have also had to wait a day for it to show up in my goal book.

nickiz09
12-04-15, 06:31 PM
Just to be sure, how to put this.... Have you tried to see if the trees and rocks can be chopped in that space etc.? Just wondering if it might look like it hasn't expanded because it's full of stuff. I'm sure you know the difference, I just had to ask. Lol

Yep- tried :(

coolssp
12-04-15, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the 3 free trade tickets!

Where and how did you get free trade tickets :rolleyes:

shinmachi
12-04-15, 09:18 PM

I'm having the same problem too.

coolssp
12-04-15, 09:46 PM
Where and how did you get free trade tickets :rolleyes:

Got them, the quest came at a different time to others :D

Spelletje1
12-04-15, 11:55 PM
I lost N8 and had enough coins!

Spelletje1
12-04-15, 11:55 PM
Me too! N8

Spelletje1
12-04-15, 11:57 PM
Happened the same with me

Queenzod
12-05-15, 12:09 AM
I lost N8 and had enough coins!

Go back to expansion mode and you will see a big green arrow in the area. Tap on that. It didn't used to work like that, but it does now that they've changed something. Once you pay/give everything, it kicks you out of expansion mode.

Spelletje1
12-05-15, 12:13 AM
Happened the same with me
Sorry I forgot to repley with quote. I meant loosing the expension

SpiritWind00
12-05-15, 02:57 AM
Having troubles with expansions? Check out post 2 for help... ;)

nickiz09
12-05-15, 03:25 AM

Is there a diagram with the square code thing so I can post in bugs? Thanks :)

mreames
12-05-15, 03:45 AM
Is there a diagram with the square code thing so I can post in bugs? Thanks :)

See post #4. Good luck.

nickiz09
12-05-15, 04:47 AM
See post #4. Good luck.

Ha yea I saw that before not realizing the letters/numbers part LOL
Can someone link me the bugs thread please? I swear I'm losing it ��

mina_32
12-05-15, 05:29 AM
Any tips on how to get coins? I feel like I'll never have 300K+ 😭

Spelletje1
12-05-15, 06:33 AM
I did everything in post 2. But N8 didn't open after I put tickets, lanterns etc.
I have one more to go!

rulerofjennyville
12-05-15, 08:39 AM
Any tips on how to get coins? I feel like I'll never have 300K+ ��

I get the most coins from growing either carrots or those felladora flowers. It costs a lot to plant them all but when you harvest you get a lot. I get the most gems by only playing to goal 2 of a game then deleting it - they will offer you gems again to put it back on your device.

mreames
12-05-15, 11:09 AM
I did everything in post 2. But N8 didn't open after I put tickets, lanterns etc.
I have one more to go!

Sounds like you need to post in the bugs part of the forum and/or contact support.

mreames
12-05-15, 11:12 AM
If you can use most of your energy for harvesting for a while, strawberries add up quickly, if you can harvest every hour. Carrots and fellora blossoms are great for plant and forget for 1 and 2 days respectively, if you have the initial coins to invest.

Any tips on how to get coins? I feel like I'll never have 300K+ ��

I get the most coins from growing either carrots or those felladora flowers. It costs a lot to plant them all but when you harvest you get a lot. I get the most gems by only playing to goal 2 of a game then deleting it - they will offer you gems again to put it back on your device.

LadyLolepere
12-05-15, 11:30 AM
Are we doing ANYTHING for Christmas? I missed most of the Thanksgiving stuff because it ended 1/2 way thru  Also, do I need to keep the witches table out? Was that for Thanksgiving?

rulerofjennyville
12-05-15, 12:07 PM
Are we doing ANYTHING for Christmas? I missed most of the Thanksgiving stuff because it ended 1/2 way thru  Also, do I need to keep the witches table out? Was that for Thanksgiving?

If you're talking about the harvest table it only gave a handful of coins unless it was fully upgraded. Then it gave a meal every two days. So if you didn't get it upgraded I'd think you could put it back in storage.

skinnyoldcoot
12-05-15, 01:16 PM

Same here, it's happened to me twice. I wouldn't expand until they fix this, you lose everything.

nickiz09
12-05-15, 01:55 PM
Same here, it's happened to me twice. I wouldn't expand until they fix this, you lose everything.

Yea it happened to me again. I only have one spot left so yeah until I hear or see that it's fixed in just going to keep trading tickets/getting expansions.

Spelletje1
12-05-15, 02:16 PM
Yea it happened to me again. I only have one spot left so yeah until I hear or see that it's fixed in just going to keep trading tickets/getting expansions.
To me too! I also have one spot left.

tiger533
12-06-15, 05:16 PM
I don't know what's going on I expanded to b9 it took my permits and now the option to expand is gone without giving me the plot. I only have d11 and e11 left to do I wish I hadn't used my expansion on something that isn't there. Anyone else have this issue

Trin5
12-06-15, 10:47 PM
I don't know what's going on I expanded to b9 it took my permits and now the option to expand is gone without giving me the plot. I only have d11 and e11 left to do I wish I hadn't used my expansion on something that isn't there. Anyone else have this issue

I haven't expanded to b9 yet but I think I see why there's a problem. So far expansions haven't skipped any plots except for this one. I wouldn't expand there just yet until it is corrected. Was anyone successful expanding to b9? Check out the map on the first page of this feed. A plot was skipped.

Spelletje1
12-07-15, 12:50 AM
I haven't expanded to b9 yet but I think I see why there's a problem. So far expansions haven't skipped any plots except for this one. I wouldn't expand there just yet until it is corrected. Was anyone successful expanding to b9? Check out the map on the first page of this feed. A plot was skipped.

No not yet, it's the only one I still have to do. Mine was N8 who got lost

meme1098
12-07-15, 07:46 AM
I expanded to b9 without a problem. Course now I have a mysterious section covered in fog between my open areas.

I have quit expanding though after reading about all the issues & waiting to see if S8 responds later today.

nickiz09
12-07-15, 08:54 AM
B6 and B9 and D11 I had no issue with until I got to E11 and J11. My guess is it's hit or miss depending on which order you go. Hopefully they respond and figure something out soon.

camelittke
12-07-15, 09:12 AM
In castle story my ID is Camelittke, kingdom name Thronfield, level 50. I just gathered enough items to buy a new expansion square (upper left corner) and just as a did the game skipped and restarted. Now not only do I not own that square, it's not even showing to be available anymore. I have reser the my device twice with no change. What do I do?

vednir
12-07-15, 11:57 AM
It looks like this week's update will be good for the game's economy since you pay but don't get the expansion.

riverly
12-07-15, 10:37 PM
I thought at first that this happened only when expanding ones last plot, but now I just read that is not the case. There is no rhyme or reason to this. Has anyone expanded completely? I am planning on leaving one plot open, but am afraid to go any further than where I am right now because that is a lot to lose!! Not taking any chances. There really is no real big hurry anyway. Need to replenish some lanterns. But I hope we will be informed when this bug is fixed. It seems like there's been a lot of those lately
Something strange in the neighborhood
Something weird and it doesn't look good
Sorry, that just popped into my head

SpiritWind00
12-07-15, 11:00 PM
Dear players,
Please check post 2 in this thread and also in the link i added to the bugs forum to help correct any issues. S8 are investigating and any reports from them will be made in the bugs forum, not here in discussions.

Some troubleshooting tips in post 2. I'm yet to check on whether c9 was deliberately left out of the available expansion squares, but I'll do that now.... Thanks, SW.

riverly
12-07-15, 11:06 PM
I have read post 2 and the bugs thread, but I haven't seen anything about a fix yet. I'll keep checking.

sinemyilmz
12-08-15, 07:27 AM
Hi friends
My english is not good. First of all I'm sorry for this.
I play this game about +2 years. And i have a problem this expansions. I pay all of it. I buy land and the server refresh and thay all gone missing. And i didn't buy again because its not expanded.
And the big problem is my all materials gone :(
It's happened two times. I write team lava support on saturday. They didn't answer me and today it happened again. What will i do?

ktorewqas
12-08-15, 08:33 AM
Hi friends
My english is not good. First of all I'm sorry for this.
I play this game about +2 years. And i have a problem this expansions. I pay all of it. I buy land and the server refresh and thay all gone missing. And i didn't buy again because its not expanded.
And the big problem is my all materials gone :(
It's happened two times. I write team lava support on saturday. They didn't answer me and today it happened again. What will i do?it happened to me once. I lost all things in my storage. The support team fixed it few days (4-5) later. So keep playing and wait. Good luck!

sinemyilmz
12-08-15, 09:53 AM
Thank you :)

baimifan
12-10-15, 12:34 AM
it happened to me once. I lost all things in my storage. The support team fixed it few days (4-5) later. So keep playing and wait. Good luck!

I had the same problem!

sourp4tch
12-10-15, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone!

We are looking into the issue with players being locked out of expansions after they've spent the resources to unlock them. Myself or PikaSquirrel will let you all know when the issue is resolved :)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

my2place
12-11-15, 06:54 AM
I still have a few "older" plots remaining that I can expand to ... does anyone know if this problem is now effecting all expansions, or is it just the new ones? The one I have my eye on needs 5 expansion permits and I don't know if I want to chance it! :)

klembodius2
12-11-15, 08:36 PM
****bug alert*** One of my expansions disappeared. I had 2 lanterns left to fill till it was ready to open and once I filled it it went to the loading screen and disappeared never to return 2 days later. It's one of the newest expansion all the way on the left. It's right next to my huge castle to the right if anyone wants to check it out. But how or when do I get what I worked for back?!

SpiritWind00
12-11-15, 08:47 PM
****bug alert*** One of my expansions disappeared. I had 2 lanterns left to fill till it was ready to open and once I filled it it went to the loading screen and disappeared never to return 2 days later. It's one of the newest expansion all the way on the left. It's right next to my huge castle to the right if anyone wants to check it out. But how or when do I get what I worked for back?!
sorry, but you just have to wait until S8 have fixed the problem which they are currently investigating.

steve3812
12-12-15, 10:06 PM
Sourp4tch I just done an expansion right at the southerly point of my game not the extreme right hand side but coming in towards left centre when I clicked the expand button I got what seemed like a sync error and lost the chance to expand it 3 permits and a whole load of lanterns. It's the one next to my trade wagon please investigate thank you

echowuuu
12-13-15, 03:32 AM
I had the same issue, the expansion disappeared after all resources provided!

DrP4ever
12-13-15, 05:03 AM
I've finally finished the last set of expansions. I have the coins and just finished the lanterns for these expansions but the tickets take forever. So slow w and monotonous. 30 tickets each and needing at least 300 to complete. Eek!

stygimoloch
12-13-15, 08:13 AM
Hey everyone!

We are looking into the issue with players being locked out of expansions after they've spent the resources to unlock them. Myself or PikaSquirrel will let you all know when the issue is resolved :)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

For the record, this just happened to me. cell D11. 3 expansion tickets and 24 lanterns; poof! Hope you figure it out soon. (I'm in no hurry, but I suspect the Storm8 team doesn't want to have to spend too much time figuring it out!)

labsandboxers
12-15-15, 05:54 PM
Ditto. Happened to me just now on B9.

steve3812
12-15-15, 10:13 PM
Sourp4tch I can not expand to J11 please resolve

labsandboxers
12-17-15, 07:30 PM
Any chance of a fix before the weekend. I could use the space for the current event

SpiritWind00
12-18-15, 12:14 AM
Expansion problems are still being investigated by S8. Any news will be updated here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87143-Expansion-won-t-open-post-here-if-you-re-having-issues-SW

Posted correct link

ShibuyaCloth
12-18-15, 12:34 PM
Crossing my finger for my last extension, so far I didn't got the bug.

1whitty
12-18-15, 05:04 PM
Is it safe to expand the spaces we had before the new expansions?

ShibuyaCloth
12-19-15, 01:17 AM
I managed to open all slots without a problem.

newzealander
12-19-15, 02:26 AM
Expansion problems are still being investigated by S8. Any news will be updated here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87143-Expansion-won-t-open-post-here-if-you-re-having-issues-SW

Are you sure about that update link, Spirit? It takes me to a random post part way through The Blythewood Faeries, Part 2 thread.

SpiritWind00
12-19-15, 05:56 AM
Are you sure about that update link, Spirit? It takes me to a random post part way through The Blythewood Faeries, Part 2 thread.

Oops! let's try that again then..... I'll replace the link above as well. ;) sorry about that
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87143-Expansion-won-t-open-post-here-if-you-re-having-issues-SW

pcfroglad
12-22-15, 10:03 AM
I want to expand! but i don't want the land grabbing bug to bite - any news?

1whitty
12-22-15, 11:08 AM
Is it safe to expand to the old expansions we had before the new expansions came out?

mreames
12-22-15, 11:43 AM
To me, it was worth the risk trying. I've expanded successfully at least 6 times between 2 accounts since the bug was reported, some old, some new spaces. I figured that if I completely held up on expanding then I wouldn't have any new space anyway and if the bug bit me, it'll be fixed eventually anyway. Just my 2 cents.

I want to expand! but i don't want the land grabbing bug to bite - any news?

Is it safe to expand to the old expansions we had before the new expansions came out?

zyfazix
12-22-15, 12:06 PM
I expanded to two of the older parts after the release and had no issues with those D7 and J6. Currently saving up to expand to D8. Can't reach any of the new expansions yet

1whitty
12-22-15, 12:34 PM
I expanded to two of the older parts after the release and had no issues with those D7 and J6. Currently saving up to expand to D8. Can't reach any of the new expansions yet
Thank you. I'm going to try it.

1whitty
12-22-15, 01:04 PM
Thank you too mreames.
On the color coded grid, are the yellow squares older expansions? And if the red squares are the new ones, I didn't realize there was so many

zyfazix
12-22-15, 02:24 PM
Thank you too mreames.
On the color coded grid, are the yellow squares older expansions? And if the red squares are the new ones, I didn't realize there was so many

It's an image from this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77377-Nugget-2-Expanding) about expansions. Yellow is used for regular expansions, red plots require at least one permit

1whitty
12-22-15, 02:36 PM
It's an image from this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77377-Nugget-2-Expanding) about expansions. Yellow is used for regular expansions, red plots require at least one permit
Thank you zyfazik. I understand now.

rulerofjennyville
12-22-15, 03:05 PM
I don't know if I've expanded anywhere new but I've been on a big expansion and I've had no trouble so far.

1whitty
12-22-15, 03:13 PM
Can someone please tell me the grid numbers of the new expansions? Thanks

mreames
12-22-15, 03:17 PM
Can someone please tell me the grid numbers of the new expansions? Thanks

Post #4 on page 1. ;)

1whitty
12-22-15, 03:30 PM
Post #4 on page 1. ;)
Thank you. & I even read that post. ��

VictorianKnight
12-26-15, 09:36 PM
I would love to know when we get to expand to the golden gazebo in the bottom right corner. It appeared almost 2 years ago and nothing in the story or expansions since. It's the longest tease in history :)

rulerofjennyville
12-27-15, 08:10 AM
I would love to know when we get to expand to the golden gazebo in the bottom right corner. It appeared almost 2 years ago and nothing in the story or expansions since. It's the longest tease in history :)

I get the feeling it's going to be the same with that lorelei gem that was the final prize in the harvest festival competition. I thought it would automatically unlock some long-term new goal but it didn't. So I don't think we're going to be seeing anything more about it until long after we've all forgotten we've even won it.

VictorianKnight
12-27-15, 11:02 AM
I get the feeling it's going to be the same with that lorelei gem that was the final prize in the harvest festival competition. I thought it would automatically unlock some long-term new goal but it didn't. So I don't think we're going to be seeing anything more about it until long after we've all forgotten we've even won it.

Actually, I have a feeling the two are related, but it's taken a huge amount of time to get to this point.

0neSilver
12-28-15, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know when this game started?

SpiritWind00
12-28-15, 01:46 AM
Does anyone know when this game started?

18 September 2012 ;) must have been very close to this time, cause this date is the date of the first forum post. ;)

tazdeil
12-28-15, 03:58 PM
Hi SW, any news on when the expansion problem will be fixed?

riverly
12-29-15, 08:10 AM
Just a tip for anyone waiting to expand- whenever your lantern inventory is full, give them to an expansion requirement. That way your workshops can be continuously cranking out lanterns and not sitting idle. ( Most players probably know this but I had forgotten to do that for a while .)

roguebee
12-29-15, 09:08 AM
It's a smart move. I have every expansion prepaid in lanterns. Just waiting to make my permits.

rulerofjennyville
12-30-15, 03:38 PM
It's a smart move. I have every expansion prepaid in lanterns. Just waiting to make my permits.

I'm the opposite. I somehow ended up with a bunch of coins and expansion permits and am now trying to finish up bunches of lanterns. Not sure how I did that.

Sheeba8188
12-31-15, 03:32 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I have a lot of expansions to catch up on to even get to this stage of new expansions at current I have 25 plots to expand to totalling 515 wisp lanterns and 41 expansion permits not sure how many coins this amounts to but coins is never an issue for me I have the maximum farm plots placed for my level and generally always plant fellora (unless kitchen is requiring something) this generates some serious coinage.

ShibuyaCloth
12-31-15, 06:17 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I have a lot of expansions to catch up on to even get to this stage of new expansions at current I have 25 plots to expand to totalling 515 wisp lanterns and 41 expansion permits not sure how many coins this amounts to but coins is never an issue for me I have the maximum farm plots placed for my level and generally always plant fellora (unless kitchen is requiring something) this generates some serious coinage.

Expansion Permits are very costly to produce if you are not an addicted player. On this account I play every day 2-3 times and I have a lot of plots to open. See nugget #2 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77377) to calculate your needs.

klembodius2
12-31-15, 06:23 AM
What's the word on these expansion bugs? It's been 2 weeks I'm guessing and I'm still missing 2 plots bought and paid for. Couple worked in new update until they didn't anymore. Saving one undone because I don't want to lose that 1 too. There's already not enough room for everything 3 plots would be crucial. So long story short what's the update? Or did everybody mail it in for the holidays?

SpiritWind00
01-05-16, 04:18 AM
A couple of new posts in the bugs thread reporting their expansion areas have now opened up... Might be worth checking if you're having an issue with expansions. :):)

Thorgal
01-06-16, 02:36 PM
A couple of new posts in the bugs thread reporting their expansion areas have now opened up... Might be worth checking if you're having an issue with expansions. :):)

Thx it solved my problem and my expansion permit was not lost either! Yey!

But pretty certain that it was my giant arrow formed by elf gnomes that fixed the problem :)

SpiritWind00
01-06-16, 02:51 PM
Thx it solved my problem and my expansion permit was not lost either! Yey!

But pretty certain that it was my giant arrow formed by elf gnomes that fixed the problem :)

Well, the elf's must be good for something. Perhaps this has been their true calling! ;););) I'm very happy you got your land. :)

DrP4ever
01-10-16, 03:49 AM
Still need at least 18 expansion permits, so slow going....much keep collecting milk and eggs over and over and over and.....