PDA

View Full Version : Which Champ to take past Level 10

Simdiva
12-03-15, 03:59 AM
I have already raised Gilded Knight to level 15 who I selected due to food cost. I would now like to select another champ to raise up but I am now less concerned about food cost but instead would like to choose the best fighter. I have eight others to choose from at this time plus any others that happen to land in my lap. I am particularly fond of Highlander who was my first and am leaning towards him but am not sure he is the best choice. I really want to go on best fighting attributes so would like a bit of feedback here in your overall experience. Not all of these are at level ten yet but most are close except for dueller who is still in baby stage. Any feedback is most appreciated. I have all but eliminated the Warriors as I have not had the best luck with princess except for one tournament so may not even take the prince to ten. I have heard really good things about Immortal as well but with such high food costs he would be a very slow raise. However definately not eliminated for that reason. I am willing to grow food lol. I never complained about feeding beast so...

My dragons are:

Warrior Princess and Prince
Highlander
Rose Knight
Chariot
Skeletal Knight
Immortal
Dueller

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

DeeDe99
12-03-15, 04:15 AM
My Warrior Prince is level 10 and no further solely due to his rapacious appetite. I took Gilded Knight up for the same reason as you, less food. I'll be interested in the responses as I have Dueler, Skeletal Knight and Immortal all at 3. Warrior Prince has been good in the Arena for me.

Mind you, I'm yet to be convinced more than two Champions are necessary. Unless one comes up against Rainbow Sentinel! LOL

I'm also yet to be convinced there are any real differences between them or than any one player's experience with any particular dragon can be replicated on another island.

I'm leaning towards Skeletal Knight for advancement on my island. But it is not a high priority for me, Prime Chroma will get preferential promotion.

Of course, I need to discuss any promotions with General Crusader as he has more day-to-day experience of the individuals. I put him in charge of the military barracks about two months ago.

Annica5
12-03-15, 04:37 AM
I'm pretty certain it's down to individual dragons, different on each island. Ninja is by far the best fighter for me despite being only rare. And yes, he's in charge of all military strategy - I go in first is his motto - and usually wins tournament singlehanded. I have 10 other epic champions that sit on the bench and cheer their leader, plus 10 junior ones that dream of fighting one day. Dream on... So feed your favorite!

Simdiva
12-03-15, 04:38 AM
No you don't need more than two, I'm a collector of them for the sake if collecting but I want two at fifteen. I don't try to take down champs with champs, usually not a winning proposition. And there are differences. Some don't do well with magic, some are good all rounders. For example I know that Highlander is good at balancing both magic and bash but some are better with straight bash. I seemed to find that with the princess to a degree but have not used her enough to confirm. But there are definite differences. Probably the reason why some champs are so much harder to take down in tournaments. Remember the dueller tournament. Most people had a terrible time with only a few of us being lucky like me getting him in the first or second go.

JMThrive
12-03-15, 09:12 AM
Here was my strategy in leveling dragons to 15. I took Diamond to 14, then I took Warrior Princess to 14 as the big jump in food cost was from 14 to 15. Then I took Diamond to 15 & Warrior Princess to 15. I have several others at and on the way to 14 as the gain from 14 tom15 is just 5% which to me isn't worth the cost in food. I would rather have 3 champions at 14 that I can use in rotation in tournaments than just one at 15.

freshfunin2008
12-03-15, 09:56 AM
I take the ones that win and the ones that cost the less in food to go to 14 or 15

Sandybellee
12-03-15, 10:57 AM
Wow! At the moment I can only dream to have such large number of champs that many players have collected. For a long time I had only one champ, my beloved Battlesteed, and I have raised him to 11 so far. Now I have Dueler too and he still has a lot of growing to do. He will soon be evolved to level 7.
I'm wondering if it's a better strategy going forward to slowly level up both one level at a time or to take one to epic first and only then start leveling up the other further?

amerirish
12-03-15, 11:12 AM
Wow! At the moment I can only dream to have such large number of champs that many players have collected. For a long time I had only one champ, my beloved Battlesteed, and I have raised him to 11 so far. Now I have Dueler too and he still has a lot of growing to do. He will soon be evolved to level 7.
I'm wondering if it's a better strategy going forward to slowly level up both one level at a time or to take one to epic first and only then start leveling up the other further?

Personally, when I only had a few champs, I would raise them all to level 10 as soon as possible. After that, I only raised Angelfire to level 14 (so far). That's been the absolute best fighter for me. I'll eventually get them all to 15 but having at least one at Epic (or almost) has been a huge help in battles.

Sandybellee
12-03-15, 12:11 PM
Personally, when I only had a few champs, I would raise them all to level 10 as soon as possible. After that, I only raised Angelfire to level 14 (so far). That's been the absolute best fighter for me. I'll eventually get them all to 15 but having at least one at Epic (or almost) has been a huge help in battles.

Thank you! I will definitely raise Dueler to level 10 as soon as possible and see how it does in battle.

freshfunin2008
12-03-15, 12:21 PM
I feel if you have a few of different types between 10 and 15 you don't need a bunch at 10. Food costs too much. I have 2 champs that are 15 and 13 or 14 and I use them all the time. If they need rest than I go to the other 20 or so that are sitting between 7 and 10.

pernmagic
12-03-15, 01:12 PM
My RS is L15 and highlander L13 both are brilliant the others are mainly L 10 .... The warrior family do not work for me ever

DeeDe99
12-04-15, 02:16 AM
Hey, Simdiva, Warrior Prince has performed particularly well today. I think he is miffed I promoted Gilded Knight ahead of him and he is trying to prove his worth, but every time I sent him in, he KOed the opponent. While, like you, I haven't always been impressed, he has upped his game lately. Just more food for thought.

owa411
12-04-15, 06:28 AM
I have already raised Gilded Knight to level 15 who I selected due to food cost. I would now like to select another champ to raise up but I am now less concerned about food cost but instead would like to choose the best fighter. I have eight others to choose from at this time plus any others that happen to land in my lap. I am particularly fond of Highlander who was my first and am leaning towards him but am not sure he is the best choice. I really want to go on best fighting attributes so would like a bit of feedback here in your overall experience. Not all of these are at level ten yet but most are close except for dueller who is still in baby stage. Any feedback is most appreciated. I have all but eliminated the Warriors as I have not had the best luck with princess except for one tournament so may not even take the prince to ten. I have heard really good things about Immortal as well but with such high food costs he would be a very slow raise. However definately not eliminated for that reason. I am willing to grow food lol. I never complained about feeding beast so...

My dragons are:

Warrior Princess and Prince
Highlander
Rose Knight
Chariot
Skeletal Knight
Immortal
Dueller

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Imo, after looking at some tourneys outcomes, I have noticed that Highlander is actually a great champ to have maxed out (though I don't have him). Other players that have him, mostly win all their battles with him...
I have made the mistake leveling my Warrior King to max lvl due to the lower food costs. After several tournaments, he is not as tough as I thought he would be. My epic Ninja is more powerful then WK could ever be.
So, if I may give you advice, try maxing out the champ you love most. I might consider (for myself) feeding my Immortal to max lvl, but that's just me ;)

Simdiva
12-04-15, 11:49 PM
So as I suspected down to highlander and immortal lol. Immortal is doing amazing even at level 8. Think it may very well be him but it will only take a yearlong so I think highlander for now since I do find him ferocious even at ten.