PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming! Black Ice Dragon Tournament and Christmas World Event

debrasbistro
12-01-15, 08:55 PM
From the App Store:

Participate in the Christmas World Event to win cool dragons, awesome decor, and other fun prizes!

Win against the toughest dragons this season to take home the Black Ice Dragon!

hiabarara
12-02-15, 01:03 AM
A World Event, yay! I like then because they're absolutely not stressful. I just wish we would get habitats as prizes again. That would be so amazing!

And Black Ice sounds cool. Hopefully it'll look cool as well.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 03:24 AM
Yay! I like the world events too! Can't wait! :)

amerirish
12-02-15, 06:54 AM
"Win against the toughest dragons this season..." That sounds like a very bad omen :(

freshfunin2008
12-02-15, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have the stats on the Black Ice dragon?

pepleigh
12-02-15, 09:19 AM
There is a Giftwrap Dragon coming soon. no stats as of yet

sugarteddys
12-02-15, 11:41 AM
excited! i think Giftwrap will be a prize in the event, just like jack o' dragon :D

amerirish
12-03-15, 12:03 PM
This will probably start tomorrow, not today, right?

Natasha_07
12-03-15, 01:11 PM

I think so too, but I like world events. They are the least stressful event for me! :)

I just wish S8 could include a Christmas habitat to go with the event so I don't have to scatter my dragons all over the place, my 3 Christmas habitats from last year are currently full and I don't know where to put those non-holiday ones.

delimiah
12-03-15, 11:57 PM
Yes agreed with previous posters, pls include a 4 dragon habitat as 1 of the prize! Pretty please S8!!!

lady_saphira
12-04-15, 06:28 AM

The last 6 world events have started on a Tuesday. As for the tourney, flash tourneys usually start on Friday, full length on Tuesday so it's anyone's guess.

lorentw
12-07-15, 09:42 AM
I have planted 20 hour crops and have all my nest full, hoping it starts tomorrow

freshfunin2008
12-07-15, 05:25 PM
Well if it is a 3 week event it could start 12/8 but if it is a 2 week event it may not start until 12/15

jao1961
12-08-15, 11:41 AM
Yes!!!!! Can't wait! When is it going to be in app store ? I keep checking but nothing here yet.

lady_saphira
12-08-15, 12:08 PM
Guessing it will not start until next Tuesday. Maybe Friday but more likely Tuesday.

lorentw
12-16-15, 04:40 AM
Well looks like next Tuesday if at all, but going through Christmas Day will make it difficult unless you get a jump on it right away

Sandybellee
12-18-15, 03:39 AM
Excited so see if the world event or the tournament start today or maybe both! Wishing that at least the world event starts already!

lady_saphira
12-18-15, 06:37 AM
Well the black ice dragon tournament has already happened but I'm still holding out hope for a world event!

groovyedwin
12-18-15, 06:57 AM
Well the black ice dragon tournament has already happened but I'm still holding out hope for a world event!

No black ice dragon on Android! Must have been an IOS only tournament!

Sandybellee
12-18-15, 07:06 AM
No black ice dragon on Android! Must have been an IOS only tournament!

I haven't had it either and I'm on iOS.

amerirish
12-18-15, 07:25 AM
Definitely no Black Ice tournament on ios yet

hiabarara
12-18-15, 07:29 AM
No, there hasn't been a Black Ice Tournament. Maybe they're confusing it with the Avalanche Tournament.

Jackiesq
12-18-15, 07:33 AM
I think both will start today, 4 hours from now...

kirby52
12-18-15, 09:22 AM
Oh..i hope not both at once lol😬

anaghasaki
12-18-15, 09:51 AM
I have 20 hrs crop ready.. just in case.. planted yesterday just when the value pack timer showed 20 hrs 15 minutes..

Jackiesq
12-18-15, 10:08 AM
Oh..i hope not both at once lol😬
Why not both? You get the "eventparts" from battles too, so during the tournament you work on both at once every battle! ;-)

MaribouMay
12-18-15, 10:13 AM
Why not both? You get the "eventparts" from battles too, so during the tournament you work on both at once every battle! ;-)

Agree. Bring it on! I'm battling anyway to gain parts for the new crafting dragon.

Jackiesq
12-18-15, 10:26 AM
Agree. Bring it on! I'm battling anyway to gain parts for the new crafting dragon.
Me too, so we win 3x every battle if it will start... waiting...waiting...1 hour to wait for we know for sure...

amerirish
12-18-15, 11:22 AM
Not long now :D I kinda don't mind if they do both events together. It's been a little slow on my island lately :)

hiabarara
12-18-15, 11:27 AM
I really want a World Event. It's relaxing and when you have seven upgraded farms and two nests then it's absolutely easy to reach the last prize and you'll usually still have some days left :) But you still have something to do every day.

Jackiesq
12-18-15, 11:31 AM
I really want a World Event. It's relaxing and when you have seven upgraded farms and two nests then it's absolutely easy to reach the last prize and you'll usually still have some days left :) But you still have something to do every day.
That's what I like about world events, you can do them without stress, most things I already do every day... :-)

Jackiesq
12-18-15, 11:35 AM
World Event! 😀 (no tournament yet...)

nicsdragonisle
12-18-15, 11:35 AM
It just popped up on my game. Yay!

lady_saphira
12-18-15, 01:24 PM
No, there hasn't been a Black Ice Tournament. Maybe they're confusing it with the Avalanche Tournament.

Yep, that's it, lol! My apologies, y'all! I'm blaming it on having a sick toddler and getting no sleep...

freshfunin2008
12-18-15, 02:38 PM
I think Black Ice will happen this coming Tuesday but it may be the following one.

DeeDe99
12-18-15, 02:42 PM
That's what I like about world events, you can do them without stress, most things I already do every day... :-)

Ditto! I think a world event is a good choice for over the Christmas period for exactly that reason.

hiabarara
12-19-15, 12:59 AM
Another reason why I like World Events is because there won't be a Dragon Tales during the next 18 days, so I can finally spend some of that food :D So I just spent 100.000+ food to finally get Northstar to level 10. And now I'm sad because I had so much food saved and now it's gone :c

mylord7
12-19-15, 07:31 PM
...so I can finally spend some of that food :D So I just spent 100.000+ food to finally get Northstar to level 10. And now I'm sad because I had so much food saved and now it's gone :c
Don't worry, i am doing it all the time. One moment i am happy because of my previous action and the next moment i am thinking the consequences and i am sad!
Do you think i need to visit a doctor? :p lol
By the way, i think we are the one and only mentally unbalanced specie on the planet who has such reactions and always there will be a red thin line between happiness and sadness!
That's why there are thousands of wealthy shrinks around us... :p lol

I hope you don't misunderstand me. Just joking and first of all trolling myself ;)

DeeDe99
12-19-15, 07:59 PM
Another reason why I like World Events is because there won't be a Dragon Tales during the next 18 days, so I can finally spend some of that food :D So I just spent 100.000+ food to finally get Northstar to level 10. And now I'm sad because I had so much food saved and now it's gone :c

Don't worry, i am doing it all the time. One moment i am happy because of my previous action and the next moment i am thinking the consequences and i am sad!
By the way, i think we are the one and only mentally unbalanced specie on the planet who has such reactions and always there will be a red thin line between happiness and sadness!

I hope you don't misunderstand me. Just joking and first of all trolling myself ;)

Add me to the list. I've been feeding up dragons too and every time my food drops, I react negatively - but what did I grow it for if not to feed 'em up????

Humans, we are weird! LOL

hiabarara
12-20-15, 01:46 AM

Haha, don't worry! I like your humor, so no offense taken :D And obviously no misunderstanding :)

I'm just glad the holidays are coming up. For a lot of people it'll be a stressful time, but not for me. I have some time to plant Rushrooms and even Upgrapes, so I can get back on track. (But then we'll probably get a new Tournament and I'll want to feed the new Champion. Or if I'll ever get Past I want to feed that, too! Oh no, it starts again :D)

edit: Yup. I just decided I'll feed Ornament to level 10 because it's really cheap (only ~ 38.000 food from level 1 to level 10). Regret incoming :D

mylord7
12-20-15, 08:11 AM
Humans, we are weird! LOL
"It's a crazy world, I know,
But I'm sticking round"
As Puressence wisely sing... ;)

I'm just glad the holidays are coming up. For a lot of people it'll be a stressful time, but not for me. I have some time to plant Rushrooms and even Upgrapes, so I can get back on track. (But then we'll probably get a new Tournament and I'll want to feed the new Champion. Or if I'll ever get Past I want to feed that, too! Oh no, it starts again :D)
Hmm... This is exactly the definition of the vicious circle... :p

hiabarara
12-22-15, 10:21 AM
So... Does anyone else hope/think there might be a new Tournament in a few hours? :)

MaribouMay
12-22-15, 10:49 AM
So... Does anyone else hope/think there might be a new Tournament in a few hours? :)

Yes, as long as it isn't a 3 day tournament.

amerirish
12-22-15, 11:20 AM
Yes, as long as it isn't a 3 day tournament.

Bite your cyber tongue! :p

:D

kooky panda
12-22-15, 11:32 AM
New Tournament has started

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87611-Black-Ice-Dragon-Tournament-Dec-22-2015