PDA

View Full Version : Merry Misfits Storybook Adventure

Pages : [1] 2

19sparkles96
12-01-15, 12:41 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26501&d=1449003579 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26501&d=1449003579)

IOS Level 50 on iPad Mini 4

AS COMPLETED ON MY GAME

CH 1

"As the other animals ran off to find hiding spots, Jingle Shells raced to the best location an animal could wish for when playing Hide-n-Seek. The spot was perfect, a little rocky alcove concealed on all sides with hanging vines. No one would find Jingle Shells here! Despite the impeccable spot, Jingle Shells was found first..."

1- Plant Aura Apples x6 Skip 5 gems
2- Visit 2 Community Members x3 Skip 6 gems

PRIZE Jingle Shells Unlock early 5 gems

CH 2

"It wasn't the spot that gave him away, it was his jingling! With every jolly step and bounce, the Jingle Shells produced a joyful, yet quite audible, ding. No matter where he went, the jingle-jangling noise followed. It was part of him and he hated it."

1- Raise your Jingle Shells to level 4 Skip 4 gems
2- Harvest Misfigs x4 (New food item) Skip 8 gems

PRIZE 10,000 coins Unlock early 10 gems

CH 3

"The other animals giggled with every defeated step he took. It didn't matter what Jingle Shells tried to do to cover the sound, all the other animals would point and laugh. Feeling alone and different, he ran. He ran and ran until the world around him was no longer familiar. Maybe out here, where everything seemed different, Jingle Shells could feel normal."

1- Harvest Adventurnips x3 Skip 12 gems
2- Hatch a Fairy Ferret Skip 25 gems

PRIZE 8 Realm Runestones Unlock early 15 gems

CH 4

"Days went by as Jingle Shells traveled, accompanied only by his self-produced music. The further he traveled the stranger things became. The normal fruit and fauna of his old life changed into different shapes, colors, and smells. The trees were different. The sky looked different. Sitting in a beam of light in the middle of a clearing in the woods sat a toy. It was a Jack in the Box...wait, no. It was a Jack in the Ball? What odd, misfit, toy was this?"

1- Feed your Fairy Ferret x20 Skip 20 gems
2- Raise your Jingle Shells to level 7 Skip 7 gems
3- Breed Jingle Shells with another animal Skip 15 gems

PRIZE "What an odd toy" (Decoration) Unlock early 20 gems

CH 5

"As Jingle Shells examined the odd toy he heard a rustling in the tree line nearby. Before he could turn his head and take a look, a blur of blue and pink crashed through the bushes and into Jingle Shells knocking him over! In a tumble of jingles and jangles, Jingle Shells lay belly up, face to face with a small, pink polka-dotted, Toy Elephant!"

1- Breed a Frostfang with another animal Skip 15 gems
2- Hatch a Firefox Skip 35 gems

PRIZE 8,000 Apples Unlock early 25 gems

CH 6

"For a moment the two stared at each other with surprised expressions before the Toy Elephant rolled over and apologized profusely. She explained that she was so excited to see another animal like her that she rushed out of the woods to give him a big hug. But being a clumsy Toy Elephant she tripped and accidentally tackled him instead!"

1- Harvest Power Pears x8 Skip 12 gems
2- Feed your Firefox x15 Skip 15 gems
3- Raise your Jingle Shells to level 10 Skip 20 gems
4- Collect Oddball Buttons from harvesting x85 Skip 50 gems

PRIZE Toy Elephant Unlock early 30 gems

CH 7

"Jingle Shells began to laugh at the Toy Elephant who turned red and started to walk away in embarrassment. Seeing that he inflicted the same pain the other animals put on him, Jingle Shells rushed over in a myriad of jingles and apologized, explaining that he was actually looking for others like him. That put a smile on Toy Elephant's face as she threw her arms up into the air and let out a trumpeting cheer! She explained that she knew exactly where other animals like them lived: the Winter Wonderland! The only way to get there was over the Wavy Plains, accessible only by Land Boat!"

1- Plant Aura Apples x5 Skip 15 gems
2- Raise your Toy Elephant to level 4 Skip 4 gems
3- Collect Oddball Buttons from harvesting x50 Skip 40 gems

PRIZE Land Boat (A decoration) Unlock early 35 gems

CH 8

"Sailing across the wavy fields of grass in their Land Boat, the two roared with laughter and excitement. On their way they found trails of Oddball Buttons, and enjoyed lunching on some deliciously ripe Misfigs! The land didn't seem all to different however. Snow began to cap the landscape, but where was this magical land of misfits like the Jingle Shells and Toy Elephant? After some time travelling, the two had fallen asleep. Slowly waking up in the depths of night, Jingle Shells became confused. It should be nighttime, but why was it so bright? Then he saw it, an aura of magical lights that danced above the world of the Winter Wonderland!"

1- Raise your Toy Elephant to level 7 Skip 17 gems
2- Hatch a Turtle Skip 25 gems
3- Raise your Jingle Shells to level 15 Skip 95 gems

PRIZE 10,000 Apples Unlock early 40 gems

CH 9

"It took some time travelling through chilly canyons and hills blanketed in snow, but the two finally arrived at their destination. Their Land Boat was immediately greeted by an assortment of funny and unique animals. Zebras with spots, dogs that meowed, and fish that could fly! From among the crowd, a different-looking horse slowly came forward to welcome Jingle Shells and Toy Elephant. It introduced itself as, Rocking Horse."

2- Raise your Toy Elephant to level 10 Skip 20 gems
3-
4-

PRIZE
AS COMPLETED ON MY GAME

ogreve
12-01-15, 12:44 PM
I'm glad we got a new Storybook.
Bummer that this whole Treasure breeding mess now has just gotten me a 16 hour Thunderhawk on the nest. I don't feel much like speeding the egg off the nest but I may yet decide to do so anyway. A Storybook conflicts with my desire to hatch a 45 hour Crystal Unicorn so I'll have to think about how to time all of this. I did just start the Storybook so I can at least get the first animal on the nest soon. Hopefully we will then have a few days as gap before we have to hatch the second animal. If the previous Storybooks at anything to go by it will then be wise to hatch my Unicorn right after hatching the first animal as previously it wasn't until the later steps that more animals needed to be bred etc.

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 12:44 PM
I definitely like the spotted elephant! The rocking horse is pretty great, too! I will be starting on the 3rd or the 4th.

ninasidstorm8
12-01-15, 12:47 PM
I am a little surprised that the Storybook didn't start next week but it's OK with me.

Chapter 1 Act 1 - Plant Aura Apples x6
Chapter 1 Act 2 - Visit Community Members x3

Chapter 1 prize Jingle Shells - 6 hours in the nest.

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 01:00 PM
What are the elements for these animals, does anyone know, already?

ninasidstorm8
I completed Chapter 1 but I will quickly fall behind in Chapter 2 since I just put my purchased Money Badger in the Evolution Flower for the next 40 hours. I forgot to check what the Evolution time was first, otherwise, I might have waited to evolve the Jingle Shells once first. I am not that worried, I have fallen a couple days behind before and I was able to catch up with no problem.

LonePudding
The Jingle Shells is adorable! I'm in love guys.

LonePudding
12-01-15, 01:01 PM
What are the elements for these animals, does anyone know, already?

Jingle Shells is a rare electric-fire.
Toy Elephant is a dark-earth super rare.
And the Rocking Horse is an ultra-rare earth-fire.

JeffW60
12-01-15, 01:06 PM
I'm a newbie and have been playing about 3-4 weeks. I got the Jingle Shell but had to put it in storage since I have not quite expanded to the Lightening Leopard. I expect to do that tomorrow.

sweetypies97
12-01-15, 01:07 PM
I can't see a habitat yet - hopefully it will arrive soon!

Scribbles138
12-01-15, 01:09 PM
The Jingle Shells in adorable! I'm in love guys.

100% with you on that one! :D

orleansparish
12-01-15, 01:15 PM
I checked my game and didn't see this. Thankfully I planted only five hour crops and not 20 do I'd have to start late. May just use gems to skip. I don't have enough food to get anything to epic!

jojopeanut
12-01-15, 01:21 PM
I'm so excited!!! This looks like so much fun:) my first storybook adventures. I also love the book opened on the mountain top with leaf arch. Well this game has great graphics anyway. Got my fist prize but nest full right now. How fun thanks S8

ninasidstorm8
12-01-15, 01:22 PM
I checked my game and didn't see this. Thankfully I planted only five hour crops and not 20 do I'd have to start late. May just use gems to skip. I don't have enough food to get anything to epic!

No need to rush. Once your farms are clear, it won't take 5 minutes to complete the first Chapter.

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 01:22 PM
Jingle Shells is a rare electric-fire.
Toy Elephant is a dark-earth super rare.
And the Rocking Horse is an ultra-rare earth-fire.
Thank you, LonePudding!

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 01:25 PM
And for you guys who started the storybook already, is there anything about a new habitat? Since the new animals have four elements (electric-fire-dark-earth), altogether, I wonder how that's going to play...

Silverrain1
12-01-15, 01:30 PM
When do we have to start this by? I don't see a date? Plus, iv got the book in my top corner but not on the podium yet, is that cause iv not started

intrinsicallyknotted
12-01-15, 01:32 PM
I'm a newbie and have been playing about 3-4 weeks. I got the Jingle Shell but had to put it in storage since I have not quite expanded to the Lightening Leopard. I expect to do that tomorrow.

If Jingle Shell is indeed electric-fire, you should be able to put it in a fire habitat if you can't build the electric enclave yet. The small fire habitat is cheap and quick, so you could build one temporarily and sell it later to make space for a better habitat.

chippychan
12-01-15, 01:39 PM
When do we have to start this by? I don't see a date? Plus, iv got the book in my top corner but not on the podium yet, is that cause iv not started

I believe it said to start it before December 4th. I'm going to wait a couple days to start myself since I'm a little low on food at the moment and want to give myself a little time to re-stock. :)

jojopeanut
12-01-15, 01:45 PM
I see there's new crops we're going to need to plant.

Silverrain1
12-01-15, 01:53 PM
I believe it said to start it before December 4th. I'm going to wait a couple days to start myself since I'm a little low on food at the moment and want to give myself a little time to re-stock. :)

Thanks, I never saw a date. Iv next to no food either so gotta save before I start!

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 01:59 PM
Yep, December 4th.26501

LynsoKevin
12-01-15, 02:02 PM
Ch 1

The second act is visit 3 community members

JeffW60
12-01-15, 02:07 PM
Anybody been beyond the first chapter yet? Curious to know what lies ahead.

theone2001
12-01-15, 02:31 PM
Is Jingle Shells the Turtle??? Can anyone post a picture? thx

ogreve
12-01-15, 02:53 PM
I just got a push notification that reads:

NEW Storybook Adventure:
Merry Misfits! Will Jingle Shells find a home?

Maybe that last phrase means that a habitat will be released (or awarded even) around the end of the Storybook?

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 02:55 PM
I just got a push notification that reads:

NEW Storybook Adventure:
Merry Misfits! Will Jingle Shells find a home?

Maybe that last phrase means that a habitat will be released (or awarded even) around the end of the Storybook?

Good point, I hope so! It would be nice to have the habitat included this time, without having to buy it ;)

sweetdeda
12-01-15, 02:58 PM
Good point, I hope so! It would be nice to have the habitat included this time, without having to buy it ;)

Or if we do have to buy it, it can be for coins. I hope that is the case if we do not get it through the storybook chapters.

jentlezat
12-01-15, 03:10 PM
Ch 1

Chapter 2 Raise Jingle shells to level 4 **don't know what comes next- ck out the added fruit choices**
evolve time for Jingle shell - 6 hours

forestwald
12-01-15, 03:17 PM
Chapter 2 Raise Jingle shells to level 4 **don't know what comes next- ck out the added fruit choices**
evolve time for Jingle shell - 6 hours

Chapter 2
Act 1. Raise jingle she'll to level four
Act 2. Harvest 4 misfigs

JeffW60
12-01-15, 03:21 PM
Chapter 2
Act 2. Harvest 4 misfigs

OK I'm a bit new. What are misfigs and how do you get them?

kokii123
12-01-15, 03:35 PM
Misfigs are new crops (3 hours) that have been available with the storybook.

ninasidstorm8
12-01-15, 03:40 PM
Chapter 2
Act 2. Harvest 4 misfigs

As I thought. I'll be siting out the Storybook tomorrow, since I have a 40 hour Money Badger in the Evolution Flower and it won't be finished until a few hours after Day 3 begins. It looks like it will take a minimum of 6 hours to complete Chapter 2 so I should still have quite a bit of time to catch up and complete Chapter 3 on time as long as it isn't to time consuming. It will probably be a breeding task.

I haven't seen a post from anyone that is fully expanded yet about an increase in the Rune limit. I would think S8 would need to do that to include a Rune collecting task for the event. I have 9 bombs right now and should be able to max out before any task that might need runes, but I hope the first Storybook Adventure was the only one to use such a task. I dislike the idea of planting/harvesting special fruit for the event that produces less per hour than Charm Cherries but I guess that is going to be a running theme with the Storybook Adventures.

Grod2875
12-01-15, 04:16 PM
do you get credit if you do a chapter or an act before you open it!! This is my first storybook!!!!

AFlamingRose
12-01-15, 04:16 PM
I never post, so I thought someone did this first. The below may be out of order a little, but gives you a heads up better than nothing, I guess.

Before below, probably in chapter 3: hatch a fairy ferret
Next: raise fairy ferret to level 4
Chapter 4 part raise jingle shells to level 7
Chapter 4 part breed jingle shells
Chapter 5 part 1- breed a frostfang
Chapter 5 part 2- hatch a Firefox

It took me 4 tries to get the common fairy ferret! LoL. Hope this helps, and hello to the group! :)

Grod2875
12-01-15, 04:19 PM
I thought jingle shells wasn't breedable

AFlamingRose
12-01-15, 04:24 PM
He is. I'm breeding him now with the frost fang. See it in community under BurningRose

LonePudding
12-01-15, 04:25 PM
Assuming we'll have to get the Jingle Shells and Toy Elephant to epic...

Jingle Shells Feedings
Toy Elephant Feedings

Level
Food
Cumulative Total

Level
Food
Cumulative Total

1-2

1-2

2-3

2-3

3-4

3-4

4-5

4-5

5-6

5-6

6-7

6-7

7-8

7-8

8-9

8-9

9-10

9-10

10-11

10-11

11-12

11-12

12-13

12-13

13-14

13-14

14-15

14-15

Total : 140,990

LonePudding
12-01-15, 04:27 PM
I thought jingle shells wasn't breedable

The Jingle Shells is only obtainable through completing Act One of this Merry Misfits Storybook. You can not breed him, but you can use him to breed for other animals.

Grod2875
12-01-15, 04:28 PM
Im sorry, I thought you meant breed to animals to get a Jingle Shells. Im still new and don't have all the Lingo down yet LOL

LonePudding
12-01-15, 04:31 PM
Im sorry, I thought you meant breed to animals to get a Jingle Shells. Im still new and don't have all the Lingo down yet LOL

Don't worry :) We've all been beginners here!

ogreve
12-01-15, 04:31 PM
Well, I did some math of my own too, for my particular situation.
I was (am!) still feeling rather "FFS down" from the way the Treasure animals were taken away from us. Not cool. Really. NOT cool.

Anyway, I had previously bought the Crystal Unicorn value pack, and though the "Treasure disaster" took much of the fun away from the BF sales, there's still a forest to get back in shape again. As the update brought a Storybook, I think I know pretty well what to expect in the various steps, assuming that the steps will be similar to those of the last two Storybooks. Though I did plan on first trying to breed a second Unicorn right up until the next update and then decide whether to buy a second unicorn or not, I think the decision has already been made really, and waiting until Friday would mean that I'd be on day 4 then, and the only "easy long gap" of nest time that I anticipate to get during the 10 days of the Storybook will be precisely during the first 3-4 days.

So, my options were to either wait with starting the Storybook until December 4th and putting in as many 4-element attempts as possible and start it then, or to speed some matters at this time, and get on with it. I *really* didn't want to wait longer. I want to be part of the joy of the Storybook early on. So, though strategically not the wisest move, perhaps, here's what I did:
-I sold the 2 Treasure Troves that I had pre-constructed last week already. I constructed 2 Grand Farms on the space they occupied. I'm now back to 5 Grand Farms, which will surely be well needed during the Storybook.
-I'm at 237K food now, but in parallel to the Storybook feedings, of which I expect to need around 150-175K for the Storybook in the next 10 days.
-I sped the remaining 12 hours of Thunderhawk hatching off the nest (I couldn't bear to look at that fail any longer) and put the Jingle Shells on it. I took a screenshot an then sped it away to put the Crystal Unicorn egg on the nest. Total speeding cost: 18 gems, but now at least the CU is being "deployed".
-I instantly fed the Jingle Shells so it could go into the flower. The evolution time is only 4 hours.

So, that's the current situation in my forest. I *think* it's just about a certainty there will not be any "Feed a Jingle Shells x times" steps, but only "Raise your Jingle Shells to level y" steps, so I'm almost sure that it's o.k. to bring this animal directly to epic level.
Whatever "common animals" we'll likely have to breed, probably WILL have those "Feed this and that animal x times" steps, and they will likely have less time between such feeding/evolving steps, so it will be more difficult to find large gaps on the nest and in the evolution flower to handle the logistics of getting a CU to level 4 (at least) without speeding at a high gem cost.

Once I have 1 CU at level 4, that should be enough for at least the duration of the Storybook, as IF indeed I buy a second CU, as of today's update there's now no longer a big hurry in breeding two of them together...

Depending on whether I'll find out enough of the upcoming steps in time, I may or may not adjust the above strategy. By not having gotten lured into buying a Treasure animal, at least I know have 187 gems left, so if push really comes to shove, I do have some speeding credit...

HappyHeartBakery
12-01-15, 06:19 PM
New pop up for habitat.
Winter Wonderland. Electric/dark/fire.
Limited time sale 200 gems

calvinxx
12-01-15, 06:35 PM
New pop up for habitat.

OMG it's beautiful!

This was my #1 concern about the storybook because I love having a themed habitat to put all the creatures in! I bought it immediately and put Shell in there :) He looks so cute walking around that bridge. (Also bad news he takes feeding costs of a super rare but is only rare)

My other thought on this storybook is how pretty the Rocking Horse looks! Definitely my favourite top prize out of all the 4 storybooks so far

jojopeanut
12-01-15, 06:43 PM
Yes it's very nice how long before it goes away? I bought 5 new habitats during last week sale I need some recovery time... Lol but is this the habitat for the adventure or different?

JeffW60
12-01-15, 06:44 PM
New pop up for habitat.

How long will it be available?

theone2001
12-01-15, 06:51 PM
Drats I like the new habitat but don't have enough gems for them. I bought the habitat for Swan Prince and Princess. Didn't have enough gems for that one when it first came out. But really liked it. Also bought prize pony. So gems are fairly low. Oh well may have to wait till next year to get habitat. Unless they do a Christmas in July and have habitats on sale.

saucysammis
12-01-15, 07:12 PM
I totally wanted another Arctic abode but held out ....just sure that a winter habitat was on its way and I'd need space for it. Yay. Now it is nicely nested amongst the ice and snow waiting for tenants. So pretty!

BiggerBubbles
12-01-15, 07:17 PM
Drats I like the new habitat but don't have enough gems for them. I bought the habitat for Swan Prince and Princess. Didn't have enough gems for that one when it first came out. But really liked it. Also bought prize pony. So gems are fairly low. Oh well may have to wait till next year to get habitat. Unless they do a Christmas in July and have habitats on sale.

My poor swan prince & Princess live in the slums, only got a small dark habitat. I don't spend real money, have a spare space, but these groups that require multi type habitats are a pain.

RowanaFarrin
12-01-15, 08:01 PM
Oh, the rocking horse is very pretty! Love the habitat too, though I'm tapped out on gems so hopefully I'll have time to save up some and get it. I have plenty of food saved up, but I think I'll start tomorrow after my nest empties. It may not be new treasure animals, but I like what I see of the holiday creatures so far! ^_^

19sparkles96
12-01-15, 08:14 PM
Just updated my Act chart on page 1.

jojopeanut
12-01-15, 09:31 PM
I wonder if the boat is a toy or possibly a habitat?

jojopeanut
12-01-15, 09:35 PM
My plan for tonight hatch Jingles in couple hours feed to lvl 4. Then harvest my figs I have growing. Breed Panda and Pyro Pony for FairyFerret. Plant turnips.

ThynaSmith
12-01-15, 09:40 PM
I wonder if the boat is a toy or possibly a habitat?

There's a new habitat for sale (200 gems), Winter Winderland, that holds electric, dark and fire animals.

jojopeanut
12-01-15, 10:03 PM
There's a new habitat for sale (200 gems), Winter Winderland, that holds electric, dark and fire animals.
I know but wouldn't it be cool to have the boat also.

orleansparish
12-01-15, 10:05 PM
I think the rockin horse is THE most beautiful creature ever released on here and on dragon. So pretty!

jojopeanut
12-01-15, 10:25 PM
I think the rockin horse is THE most beautiful creature ever released on here and on dragon. So pretty!
I plan hopefully if I finish to put her in my Palatial Garden with my Unincornucopuia. I think I spelled the habitat and Unicorn wrong but you get the idea. ;)

orleansparish
12-02-15, 12:41 AM
I plan hopefully if I finish to put her in my Palatial Garden with my Unincornucopuia. I think I spelled the habitat and Unicorn wrong but you get the idea. ;)

I wish I had one of those! I had to visit some places to get gems for a goal and saw it and some other gem habitats. Im too jealous. Its SO pretty. Too bad I never save the gems I get and dont buy any.

theone2001
12-02-15, 02:29 AM
My poor swan prince & Princess live in the slums, only got a small dark habitat. I don't spend real money, have a spare space, but these groups that require multi type habitats are a pain.

I agree. I still have the candy themed ones from the community event in storage. As I don't have space for all of them. I wish S8 would let us store habitats and animals. That way we could have different themes/and decorations. And we could rotate animals around. I have the space to expand but I need around 70 runes to expand (just increased to 70 from 67) . And it takes a long time to gather that many runes.

I really like these animals so if I have to sell commons or rares I may have to do that to make room.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 03:07 AM
Love the habitat!!! I have absolutely no room for it right now and am a long way from another expansion. Hopefully I'll make it in time.

Edit: Oh, shoot! Since there's a world event coming, I need a sixth farm so I need two expansions! I wish we could buy habitats to our storage!

ogreve
12-02-15, 09:23 AM
[...]
I bought it immediately and put Shell in there :) He looks so cute walking around that bridge. (Also bad news he takes feeding costs of a super rare but is only rare)
[...]

...in fact I'm glad to report that that latter part is not correct; it takes the feedings of a normal rare animal (as listed by LonePudding in this post: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87014-Merry-Misfits-Storybook-Adventure&p=1216126&viewfull=1#post1216126 ). I already fed mine all the way up to where it's now in the flower for its final evolution and I'm not 96K food down, but rather more around the 44K of a normal rare.

NOTE: I'm taking a bit of an "educated risk" by already bringing it to epic level. I'm about 99.99% sure that the unique animals on the Storybook that we can't breed for do not have the "feed animal X times steps" as that causes trouble for those unfamiliar with Storybooks and who inadvertently then raise it before such a step comes around. So, if you do the same, proceed at your own risk!

My reason for doing this is that tonight at 21:00 CET I want to speed the remaining 24 hours of Crystal Unicorn hatching off the nest and then get that asap in the flower so it is at level 4 on Friday morning 9:00, and so I can choose to use it with the other "breeding" steps. And... I want to put in a few more last 4-element attempts before the Friday update (i.e. 20:30 CET). There are still 50 hours left before then and before the Crystal Unicorn value pack expires; those will be do-or-die hours, for trying to have final shots at breeding a Crystal Unicorn. If it fails, I'll probably buy the second Crystal Unicorn then.

calvinxx
12-02-15, 09:35 AM
...in fact I'm glad to report that that latter part is not correct; it takes the feedings of a normal rare animal (as listed by LonePudding in this post: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87014-Merry-Misfits-Storybook-Adventure&p=1216126&viewfull=1#post1216126 ). I already fed mine all the way up to where it's now in the flower for its final evolution and I'm not 96K food down, but rather more around the 44K of a normal rare.

NOTE: I'm taking a bit of an "educated risk" by already bringing it to epic level. I'm about 99.99% sure that the unique animals on the Storybook that we can't breed for do not have the "feed animal X times steps" as that causes trouble for those unfamiliar with Storybooks and who inadvertently then raise it before such a step comes around. So, if you do the same, proceed at your own risk!

My reason for doing this is that tonight at 21:00 CET I want to speed the remaining 24 hours of Crystal Unicorn hatching off the nest and then get that asap in the flower so it is at level 4 on Friday morning 9:00, and so I can choose to use it with the other "breeding" steps. And... I want to put in a few more last 4-element attempts before the Friday update (i.e. 20:30 CET). There are still 50 hours left before then and before the Crystal Unicorn value pack expires; those will be do-or-die hours, for trying to have final shots at breeding a Crystal Unicorn. If it fails, I'll probably buy the second Crystal Unicorn then.

You are right ogreve! I saw 16 apples per feed but that was at level 3 not level 2. My mistake!

forestwald
12-02-15, 09:40 AM
Chapter 5
Act 1 - Breed an animal with frostfang
Act 2 - hatch a Firefox

tezzy37
12-02-15, 09:52 AM
Ugh when will I learn?? Threw in 4 elements on the assumption I'd get a fairy ferret after a couple tries (hoping for either a stuffin puffin or brave eagle "fail"), and got the 45 hour timer. I'm almost convinced they increase the odds of breeding ultra rares on the first couple days of the storybook adventures. It seems to be the only time I can get them! And of course I'm out of gems to speed breed because I spent them all trying to get treasures yesterday ��

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 10:11 AM
Ugh when will I learn?? Threw in 4 elements on the assumption I'd get a fairy ferret after a couple tries (hoping for either a stuffin puffin or brave eagle "fail"), and got the 45 hour timer. I'm almost convinced they increase the odds of breeding ultra rares on the first couple days of the storybook adventures. It seems to be the only time I can get them! And of course I'm out of gems to speed breed because I spent them all trying to get treasures yesterday ��

Congrats!!! It's still very rare to get that timer!

kuppikahvia
12-02-15, 10:15 AM
Hey everybody, is it 10 chapters this time around or less?
Thanks!!!

jojopeanut
12-02-15, 10:34 AM
Chapter 5
Act 1 - Breed an animal with frostfang
Act 2 - hatch a Firefox

Please tell me firefox is 16 HRS breeding time..lol I went ahead with what I thought they were getting at and breed Jingle with the FairyFerret

LynsoKevin
12-02-15, 10:36 AM
Congrats!!! It's still very rare to get that timer!

Congratulation is it a unicorn?

LynsoKevin
12-02-15, 10:42 AM
See it says hatch a ferret, does it have to be in the breeding den until then or can you put it in the nest ?

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 10:44 AM
Please tell me firefox is 16 HRS breeding time..lol I went ahead with what I thought they were getting at and breed Jingle with the FairyFerret

Firefox is 9 hours dark-fire.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 11:13 AM
Congratulation is it a unicorn?

If tezzy37 didn't use a gem hybrid it can only be a Unicorn.

kuppikahvia
12-02-15, 12:00 PM
Could someone please confirm how many chapters there are? I'm trying to understand which day would be the best for me to start the Storybook, but it really depends on the number of chapters :-p (trying not to make it end on next weekend because there's so much RL stuff going on there :-p) Thank you guys!

monbohn
12-02-15, 12:04 PM
I am a fairly new player and haven't unlocked lightning yet....I have to do one more expansion still. I have no bombs and can't do anything With Jingle Shells to move on in Storybook. Any advice on what I need to do? Don't think I have enough gems to get 6 more runes in mine for expansion.

MaribouMay
12-02-15, 12:07 PM
Could someone please confirm how many chapters there are? I'm trying to understand which day would be the best for me to start the Storybook, but it really depends on the number of chapters :-p (trying not to make it end on next weekend because there's so much RL stuff going on there :-p) Thank you guys!

I don't think we know yet. We are relying on those who are willing to spend gems to speed through the event and report back to us. Huge thanks to those people who make the way easier for the rest of us.

Based on past events, I would assume 10 days. The first Storybook Adventure was 7 days, the 2nd and 3rd Storybook Adventures were both 10 days. We are currently doing the 4th Storybook Adventure.

tezzy37
12-02-15, 12:22 PM
If tezzy37 didn't use a gem hybrid it can only be a Unicorn.

Yes, it will be a unicorn - fallaby and dream bat were my breeding pair. I'm happy, but it also means I'll need to buy some gems in order to finish the storybook. Next time I'll just use straight elements to get the fairy ferret!

ninasidstorm8
12-02-15, 12:24 PM

There are 10 Chapters to the Merry Misfits Storybook Adventure so there are 10 days total.

ThynaSmith
12-02-15, 12:26 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26501&d=1449003579 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26501&d=1449003579)

CH 1

"As the other animals ran off to find hiding spots, Jingle Shells raced to the best location an animal could wish for when playing Hide-n-Seek. The spot was perfect, a little rocky alcove concealed on all sides with hanging vines. No one would find Jingle Shells here! Despite the impeccable spot, Jingle Shells was found first..."

CH 2

"It wasn't the spot that gave him away, it was his jingling! With every jolly step and bounce, the Jingle Shells produced a joyful, yet quite audible, ding. No matter where he went, the jingle-jangling noise followed. It was part of him and he hated it."

CH 3

"The other animals giggled with every defeated step he took. It didn't matter what Jingle Shells tried to do to cover the sound, all the other animals would point and laugh. Feeling alone and different, he ran. He ran and ran until the world around him was no longer familiar. Maybe out here, where everything seemed different, Jingle Shells could feel normal."

CH 4

"Days went by as Jingle Shells traveled, accompanied only by his self-produced music. The further he traveled the stranger things became. The normal fruit and fauna of his old life changed into different shapes, colors, and smells. The trees were different. The sky looked different. Sitting in a beam of light in the middle of a clearing in the woods sat a toy. It was a Jack in the Box...wait, no. It was a Jack in the Ball? What odd, misfit, toy was this?"

CH 5

"As Jingle Shells examined the odd toy he heard a rustling in the tree line nearby. Before he could turn his head and take a look, a blur of blue and pink crashed through the bushes and into Jingle Shells knocking him over! In a tumble of jingles and jangles, Jingle Shells lay belly up, face to face with a small, pink polka-dotted, Toy Elephant!"

2-

PRIZE
The prize for chapter 2 is 10000 coins or 10000 apples? In that other site it says apples...

Scribbles138
12-02-15, 12:30 PM
The prize for chapter 2 is 10000 coins or 10000 apples? In that other site it says apples...

It's 10,000 coins.

ThynaSmith
12-02-15, 12:34 PM
It's 10,000 coins.
Pity, it would be nice to have 10000 apples, lol. By the way, the site I mentioned is Wikia.

ThynaSmith
12-02-15, 12:39 PM
I've never started a storybook late. I'm still waiting to gather more food, to feed all the animals required during the different chapters. Does anyone know if I'll have the same time to complete the chapters, say 10 days or so, as the other players, who started right away?

I even went ahead and bought the habitat, already, even though I'm still disappointed with the whole Black Friday shenanigans, and thought I wouldn't be spending any money on FFS for the time being. I had some gems from those promotional games, and just had to buy 120 to complete the price for it, so, I didn't have to spend much, after all.

It's really beautiful, I really like this theme, and now I feel even more compelled to finish this storybook and get all the prizes. So, I don't want to wait too long and then not be able to finish in time. I probably won't have gems to speed up stuff, so, better plan correctly before starting.

19sparkles96
12-02-15, 12:42 PM
Just updated my Act chart on page 1. My listing's are AS COMPLETED on my level 150 IOS game.

ThynaSmith
12-02-15, 12:43 PM
Oh, by the way, since I bought the habitat last night, I put some temporary inhabitants on it, let's say they're renting it ;) for a few days. I put my best earners there (whose elements are "allowed" there) to produce more coins overnight, since the other habitats can only hold so many coins, so I can make the most of planting charm cherries during the day.

So, just an idea, if somebody is in a similar situation: if you already got the habitat, don't leave it empty, specially overnight, it can hold a lot of coins :)

cocauina
12-02-15, 01:07 PM
Just updated my Act chart on page 1. My listing's are AS COMPLETED on my level 150 IOS game.

* level 50 19sparkles96 :p

Confusing DS with FFS is pretty normal ahah

theone2001
12-02-15, 01:41 PM
I am a fairly new player and haven't unlocked lightning yet....I have to do one more expansion still. I have no bombs and can't do anything With Jingle Shells to move on in Storybook. Any advice on what I need to do? Don't think I have enough gems to get 6 more runes in mine for expansion.

Could you put jingle shells in a fire habitat? Not sure what is happening in you forest. But you may need to sell a common fire element to place jingle shells. Look ahead at the chapters that are already listed and don't sell any animals you may need to complete storybook.
You don't need Frostfang untill day 5. So that may give you enough time to expand to that area.

ALSO a NOTE to NEW Storybook players...
There is a difference between FEED and RAISE
When it say raise you can do that ahead of time.
But when it says feed, WAIT until storybook asks for it. Otherwise it will NOT count and you will need to use gold to skip parts of it or have another animal to feed.

Those of us who have played several of these have learned the hard way.

ALSO if this storybook follows the 10 day/chapters as the previous ones, you will have 10 days to complete from the day you started. So someone who started yesterday will complete storybook before someone who starts today or tomorrow.

Hope this helps some of the newer players.

ninasidstorm8
12-02-15, 03:52 PM
I am off to a slow start with the Merry Misfits Storybook. I came into the last update with a money Badger just ready to hatch and farms ready to harvest. So it took me a couple minutes to complete Chapter 1 and get the Jingle Shells. I was thinking that I would get one evolution of the Money Badger out of the way, so that I could start collecting 2 gems every 2 days not thinking that the evolution time for the Money Badger is 40 hours, not 24. I should have waited a day and evolved the Jingle Shells instead.

Act 1 of Chapter 2 is to raise your Jingle Shells to Level 4, so that meant that I was taking today off from making any progress in the Storybook. So I decided to continue with my breeding for a Trick or Trent or Gem Hybrid and received a 17 hour Frightingale, my first new animal in almost a month. It is due to leave the nest about 15 minutes after the Money Badger is due to leave the evolution Flower, so at least the timing matched up well.

What to do next? My Money Badger will be ready to leave the Evolution Flower at DAY 3 +4 HRs, So the earliest I could complete Chapter 2 Act 1 is DAY 3 + 8 HRs since it will take me 4 hours to evolve Jingle Shells. I can plant four farms with Misfigs in time to have them ready to harvest when Jingle Shells leaves the Evolution Flower at level 4, so I can complete Chapter 2 at that time. Since Day 3 will have already started, I can immediately move on to Chapter 3.

Chapter 3 Act 1 requires harvesting 3 Adventurnips. I can’t really plant them early since 3 of my farms would have just harvested Misfigs. So I can plant the Adventurnips after harvesting the Misfigs and then wait 2 hours to harvest them at DAY 3 + 10 HRs. Chapter 3 Act 2 is to hatch a Fairy Ferret. So I had to decide whether to try to breed one now or try to squeeze in one more attempt at some other animal. After removing the Frightingale from the nest, the other activities can be done in about 6 hours so anything bred that takes longer than that would delay me some more. But then again, finishing early doesn’t help much, since I would have to wait for up to 14 hours to start Chapter 4. I figured anything more than a 10 hour timer would set me back since it takes 20 hours to move ta 10 hour timer through both the Breeding Den and Nest.
Since there isn’t any animal I want to breed that had a breed time of 10 hours or less, except the Trick or Trent and Dark/Nature has many fails greater than 10 hours, I decided to play it safe and try to breed the Fairy Ferret now. My first try at the Ferret resulted in a 6 hour timer, which is either a Fallaby or Solar Simian. I won’t be able to try again tomorrow about 8 hours into Day 3.

So despite losing a little more than a day of playing for the Storybook, I should be able to catch up sometime tomorrow. If not, I hope to catch up in day 4. I have a level 10 Fairy Ferret that I can feed for Chapter 4 Act 1 without waiting to evolve a newly hatched Ferret.

ninasidstorm8
12-02-15, 03:59 PM
It looks like S8 has made the breeding/Hatching tasks for Chapters 3, 4 and 5 more difficult to accomplish than they have been in the past. The fail times for the breeding tasks are much longer and closer together. The key tasks that I am planning for now are the following:
CHP 4 - ACT 4: Breed Jingle Shells(Electric/Fire) with another animal
CHP 5 - ACT 1: Breed a Frostfang (Water) with another animal
CHP 5 - ACT 2: Hatch a Firefox (Dark/Fire)

Breed Jungle Shells with another animal is simple enough but the results may occupy the Nest and the Breeding den for a significant time. The Jingle Shells elements are Electric/Fire so at least Electric/Fire animals are possible outcomes no matter what other animal is used. They are 11 hrs, 14 hrs, 16 hrs, and 21 hrs. Looking ahead, you can try to breed a Firefox for hatching in Chapter 5. A Firefox is Dark/Fire so at least Dark must be introduces into the possible results. Dark/Fire animals have breeding times of 9, 13, 14, 16, and 17 hours. Electric/Dark animals would also be possible which have breeding times of 17, 18, 18, 19, and 23 hours.

Another element can also be introduced to give you a chance at some animal that you want but doing that will create a myriad of fail possibilities that you need to worry about and the common fail for any other Electric combination is more than the 11 hours for the Electric/Fire combination. I still need a Fennec Shox, so I am inclined to play it safe and breed the Jingle Shells with a Pyro Pony and reduce the chance for long fails.

Next up is Breed a Frostfang with another animal. Breeding with Earth would result in Water/Earth which has the shortest breed times of 5, 8, 9, and 11 hours. If you want to finish the task with a known time, you can breed Water with Fire and get a 7 hour Skyger, guaranteed. Or if you have a second Frostfang you could bred the two which would result in another 4 hour Frostfang. Again, you could try to breed a Firefox for the next Act at the same time by using a Frostfang and Dark/Fire. The outcomes are Dark/Fire animals with breed times of 9, 13, 14, 16, and 17 hours; Electric/Water animals with breed times of 13, 16, 17, and 22 hours and the 7 hour Skyger.

Since I am already behind, and few animals I need are available using these combinations, I will probably keep things simple as outlined below. I will probably breed Nature with the Frostfang for a possibility at a Sea Horse since the resulting breed times for Water/Nature are similar to that expected from the other two steps.
CHP 4 - ACT 4: Breed Jingle Shells (Electric/Fire) with Pyro Pony
CHP 5 - ACT 1: Breed a Frostfang (Water) with Pandaffodil
CHP 5 - ACT 2: Hatch a Firefox (Dark/Fire) using Skyger and Pyro Pony

How closely I follow this plan will depend on what happens in the earlier steps and possible information about Chapters 6 and beyond. I hope everyone is further along then me at this time.

LonePudding
12-02-15, 04:55 PM
My plan for the breeding steps are to breed said animal with my Crystal Unicorn. I do believe there is a higher possibility of breeding gem hybrids during storybooks. And I have enough gems to speed if I need to (something I can rarely say :rolleyes:)

forestwald
12-02-15, 05:23 PM
Chapter 6
Act 1 - harvest 8 power pears
Act 2 - feed Firefox 15 times
Act 3 - collect 85 oddball buttons from harvesting

monbohn
12-02-15, 08:06 PM
Thanks for replying! No, I wasn't able to do anything at all with Jingle Shells until I expanded to get lightning. He was just in my storage shadowed out and locked. Luckily I was working on the expansion for lightning already and was able to buy 5 bombs and get the runes I needed. Just finished the expansion and Jingle Shells is now in the nest. I'll be a little behind but it won't matter since there is no possible way I can complete the entire event....not even close to enough apples. So I'll see how far I can go and be better prepared for the next time. I'm just happy for the cute Jingle Shells and the chance to participate. ..maybe I can get the elephant too. :-)

Edit: apparently I did this wrong...I meant for it to be a reply to theone2001 but it didn't tag or anything. Sorry.

theone2001
12-02-15, 08:24 PM
Thanks for replying! No, I wasn't able to do anything at all with Jingle Shells until I expanded to get lightning. He was just in my storage shadowed out and locked. Luckily I was working on the expansion for lightning already and was able to buy 5 bombs and get the runes I needed. Just finished the expansion and Jingle Shells is now in the nest. I'll be a little behind but it won't matter since there is no possible way I can complete the entire event....not even close to enough apples. So I'll see how far I can go and be better prepared for the next time. I'm just happy for the cute Jingle Shells and the chance to participate. ..maybe I can get the elephant too. :-)

Edit: apparently I did this wrong...I meant for it to be a reply to theone2001 but it didn't tag or anything. Sorry.

No worries. Sorry I wasn't able to help. Glad you were able to expand and get jingle shells. I am waiting a couple of days to start. This helps with getting more apples for the event. Keep reading the forum and it will help with future story books. For example post #86 I find quite helpful.

You will learn how to use the forum too. Next time click on Reply with quote instead of reply and that will copy who you are responding to. And you have already learned how to do the edit.

Good luck with this storybook!

theone2001
12-02-15, 08:27 PM
It looks like S8 has made the breeding/Hatching tasks for Chapters 3, 4 and 5 more difficult to accomplish than they have been in the past. The fail times for the breeding tasks are much longer and closer together. The key tasks that I am planning for now are the following:
CHP 4 - ACT 4: Breed Jingle Shells(Electric/Fire) with another animal
CHP 5 - ACT 1: Breed a Frostfang (Water) with another animal
CHP 5 - ACT 2: Hatch a Firefox (Dark/Fire)

Breed Jungle Shells with another animal is simple enough but the results may occupy the Nest and the Breeding den for a significant time. The Jingle Shells elements are Electric/Fire so at least Electric/Fire animals are possible outcomes no matter what other animal is used. They are 11 hrs, 14 hrs, 16 hrs, and 21 hrs. Looking ahead, you can try to breed a Firefox for hatching in Chapter 5. A Firefox is Dark/Fire so at least Dark must be introduces into the possible results. Dark/Fire animals have breeding times of 9, 13, 14, 16, and 17 hours. Electric/Dark animals would also be possible which have breeding times of 17, 18, 18, 19, and 23 hours.

Another element can also be introduced to give you a chance at some animal that you want but doing that will create a myriad of fail possibilities that you need to worry about and the common fail for any other Electric combination is more than the 11 hours for the Electric/Fire combination. I still need a Fennec Shox, so I am inclined to play it safe and breed the Jingle Shells with a Pyro Pony and reduce the chance for long fails.

Next up is Breed a Frostfang with another animal. Breeding with Earth would result in Water/Earth which has the shortest breed times of 5, 8, 9, and 11 hours. If you want to finish the task with a known time, you can breed Water with Fire and get a 7 hour Skyger, guaranteed. Or if you have a second Frostfang you could bred the two which would result in another 4 hour Frostfang. Again, you could try to breed a Firefox for the next Act at the same time by using a Frostfang and Dark/Fire. The outcomes are Dark/Fire animals with breed times of 9, 13, 14, 16, and 17 hours; Electric/Water animals with breed times of 13, 16, 17, and 22 hours and the 7 hour Skyger.

Since I am already behind, and few animals I need are available using these combinations, I will probably keep things simple as outlined below. I will probably breed Nature with the Frostfang for a possibility at a Sea Horse since the resulting breed times for Water/Nature are similar to that expected from the other two steps.
CHP 4 - ACT 4: Breed Jingle Shells (Electric/Fire) with Pyro Pony
CHP 5 - ACT 1: Breed a Frostfang (Water) with Pandaffodil
CHP 5 - ACT 2: Hatch a Firefox (Dark/Fire) using Skyger and Pyro Pony

How closely I follow this plan will depend on what happens in the earlier steps and possible information about Chapters 6 and beyond. I hope everyone is further along then me at this time.

Nina Thank you for the detailed info. I have lost access the to tool I used for calculating breeding(computer problems). So your list of possible hour outcomes will be quite helpful for me to decide what animals to breed.

Best of luck to everyone!

jojopeanut
12-02-15, 08:36 PM
If I use GEMS and skip breeding a FireFox then feed my current lvl 10 FireFox 15 times will that work? I'd much rather use food on an animal I already have if possible to complete. Anyone tried this in other storybooks?

ninasidstorm8
12-02-15, 08:45 PM
If I use GEMS and skip breeding a FireFox then feed my current lvl 10 FireFox 15 times will that work? I'd much rather use food on an animal I already have if possible to complete. Anyone tried this in other storybooks?

Yes that will work.

jojopeanut
12-02-15, 08:57 PM
Yes that will work.

Thanks that did work.

jojopeanut
12-02-15, 08:58 PM
Chapter 6
Act 1 - harvest 8 power pears
Act 2 - feed Firefox 15 times
Act 3 - collect 85 oddball buttons from harvesting

Act 3 I think you may have wrong mine says raise JingleShells to lvl 10.

MaribouMay
12-02-15, 09:02 PM

Keep in mind that we don't know if there is more to do with the Firefox. In later steps we may need to feed it further so you'll need another Firefox anyway. Of course you can feed your existing Firefox to level 15 and then feed the new one as much as is required. It will take more food to do that, though luckily it doesn't require huge amounts of food.

I plan to to breed one, feed my existing Firefox, and then delete the younger one after the event.

jojopeanut
12-02-15, 09:03 PM
Act 3 I think you may have wrong mine says raise JingleShells to lvl 10. I'll also add at lvl 9 you need to evolve him to lvl 10 evolution time 4 HRS.

The oddball buttons are next not sure testing I haven't received 1 button yet from harvesting regular food maybe only able to get them from the foods for the storybook.

EDIT: yes you can through the normal foods. But they come slowly like collecting the bon bons.

Sandybellee
12-03-15, 01:22 AM
Started the Storybook and Jingle Shells is on the nest (the egg is so cute!). I really hope the multiple breeding steps go smoothly!

ogreve
12-03-15, 03:27 AM
Started the Storybook and Jingle Shells is on the nest (the egg is so cute!). I really hope the multiple breeding steps go smoothly!

Well, I have set myself up for a bit of a "challenge" by combining the Storybook with the difficult agenda of finding gaps in between the various steps for getting my Crystal Unicorn to level 4 so I can use it already during the Storybook for specific breedings, AND to try and do as many 4-element breedings as possible, at least up until the Crystal Unicorn value pack expires.

So far most of the things I could plan for went well: my Jingle Shells is an epic already, which was done while the hatching of the Crystal Unicorn was done. Last night according to plan, just before 21:00 CET I sped the remaining 24 hours of Unicorn Hatching off the nest, moved an Armordillo egg from the den to it and then wanted to get back asap to 4-element breedings using the Quartz Quetzalcoatl. As today I need to hatch a Fairy Ferret to stay on track, and as I can't combine the QQ + fire-water (for shortest fail times), I decided to use a formula that could result in the Fairy Ferret or a Firefox (and that could also result in the Brave Eagle as a 'fail'): the QQ + dark-fire. This has the risk of getting some long unwelcome fails (with the worst one being a 20 hour Lunar Moth), but I have enough gems in reserve to even speed through getting up to two gem-hybrids (yeah, like THAT will happen...;) ), so I did play it out that way.
First attempt: 9 hours. Not that bad, as it is a Firefox and my mainstay Firefox is an epic already so I can't feed that anymore. Now, at least I already have one brand new Firefox, which will prove to be very useful, even if only for reducing potential feeding costs in the chapters after chapter 6. And... in the meantime I can work on breeding for a Fairy Ferret. My second attempt with the same formula gave me a 5 hour timer, which is IIRC a Jackalope. Not needed, nor desired, but it could be worse. I'll probably sit out the Jackalope breeding, then speed the 4 hour gap between hatching and breeding and probably use a 3-element breeding of the QQ + Pyro Pony (or such) to give a better shot at the Fairy Ferret, and one at that with a breeding time close to the 5 hours that the Jackalope will tie up the nest. That way the worst undesired fail would be a Flyerfox, which is only 9 hours, so that's not too bad. With a tiny bit of speeding here and there I should then be able to quickly get back to 4-element breedings. I don't want to bluntly skip the "hatch a Fairy Ferret" step, as my current one is level 12, so I need one anyway for feeding it.

The next "issue" will be to house the animals that are required. I have 1 vacancy in the Candy Canyon, which is where the Firefox will go for now. From the looks of it, I can at least cope with running on 4 Grand Farms until the end of day 6, as I planned well ahead and have a 222K food stock, with the Jingle Shells an epic already, and with the Crystal Unicorn having been fed up to the point where it's currently evolving to level 4 (which is enough to make it selectable for breedings). This probably means that at the time when I'll have managed to breed and hatch a fairy Ferret and have to house it, I'll temporarily sell 1 Grand Farm and shall start falling back to running on only 4 Grand Farms. Depending on what kinds of fruits we need to grow in later stages, I may even fall back to selling one more Grand Farm and then putting 3 small ones on its spot, as those can equally well grow the special Storybook fruits (an option often overlooked by players!), so I could then grow the special fruits on those 3 farms (and on the Grand Farms as well, if needed) and use the Grand Farms for more exotic fruits.
Once at least one farm has been sold, I'll buy a 10 seconds Fire Field, move in the Fairy Ferret and the low lever Firefox and shall directly set to upgrade it. The next Firefox that needs to be bred in step 5.2 can then either directly move into that (by then) Big Fire Field, or go in the Candy Canyon (assuming the vacancy to not have been occupied by something else then).

With some luck we may soon also know all of the other remaining steps and then we know just how long we'll have to keep the temporary Fairy Ferret(s) and Firefox(es).

So far, it's been pretty steady going and at a speeding gem cost I now at least have my Crystal Unicorn deployed and I'm actively working on those last few desperate 4-element breeding attempts, that should come to an end tomorrow evening, one way or another, either by having succeeded at breeding a Crystal Unicorn, or perhaps by buying a second one. If for some reason I decide to not buy a second value pack, the 4-element breeding will be continued at a different time in the future. In that case for a looooong foreseeable time I shall simply focus on breedings for the gem hybrids using the Crystal Unicorn plus whatever we have to breed around the coming respective time for goal and limited animals, or animals I still want to breed. With Treasure gone there's no real "pressure" anymore now for me to desperately get a second Unicorn now, so there's still a chance that I'm reluctant to buy a second one tomorrow.

Update:
Done as planned. The remaining 2 hours of Firefox hatching were sped off the nest so the Jackalope egg could go on it. I then put in the QQ + Pyro Pony and got the needed 3 hours timer. Good that there were no mishaps. I'll at least sit out the Fairy Ferret breeding and shall probably speed away the two remaining hours of Jackalope hatching as time to do 4-element breeding is running out FAST.

natxjkkggg
12-03-15, 05:42 AM
Hallo ogreve how do You manage it to stock up your foodstock so quick and simultaneous having fed Jingle Shells to epic???

evys_mom
12-03-15, 06:12 AM
Assuming we'll have to get the Jingle Shells and Toy Elephant to epic...

Jingle Shells Feedings
Toy Elephant Feedings

Level
Food
Cumulative Total

Level
Food
Cumulative Total

1-2

1-2

2-3

2-3

3-4

3-4

4-5

4-5

5-6

5-6

6-7

6-7

7-8

7-8

8-9

8-9

9-10

9-10

10-11

10-11

11-12

11-12

12-13

12-13

13-14

13-14

14-15

14-15

Total : 140,990

Thank you Lonepudding for this info. I only have about half that currently so I am glad I postponed starting!

FIREFLY62
12-03-15, 06:27 AM
I'm rather new to Fantasy Forest and have a question regarding the Storybook Adventure. In Dragon Story, the tasks change slightly for lower level accounts to something they can achieve. For instance, they do not have to raise a dragon to epic. Do these Adventures work in the same way where a lower level account gets slightly different tasks to complete? Something that can be achieved? I'm level 19 and don't have near enough food to raise either the Jingle or Elephant to epic during the event.

inespay
12-03-15, 07:26 AM
What happens when you unlock early? What happens the next time? Do you need to wait double the time next time?

natxjkkggg
12-03-15, 07:30 AM
Inespay so it is!!!

forestwald
12-03-15, 08:12 AM
Act 3 I think you may have wrong mine says raise JingleShells to lvl 10.

Oh, sorry. I already raised my jingleshell to level 15 before this Chapter. I wonder if that is the difference or if I just messed up.

MaribouMay
12-03-15, 08:37 AM
What happens when you unlock early? What happens the next time? Do you need to wait double the time next time?

The chapters unlock at even times. If you start today (thursday), the next chapter starts at midnight tonight (friday) Pacific time. The next chapter starts at midnight on saturday, then midnight on sunday, etc. If you unlock fridays chapter early you will still wait until midnight on saturday to unlock the next chapter. Unless you use gems again to unlock that day early. I strongly recommend that you don't use your gems to unlock chapters early as there isn't much to be gained and there may be parts you want or need to skip later.

ogreve
12-03-15, 08:45 AM
Hallo ogreve how do You manage it to stock up your foodstock so quick and simultaneous having fed Jingle Shells to epic???

Hi,
It wasn't done simultaneously.
Over the past few weeks I've constantly had such a strain on the forest by the slow expansion rate that I nowadays often am down to temporarily running on only 3, 4 or 5 Grand Farms. As my forest now generates such a high hourly coin income, I can afford to do back-to-back Charm Cherries planting during the day and Nexus Nuts overnight. I have enabled push notifications of FFS, so as soon as a planting is done, I harvest and replant. Very efficient. Especially since I normally only sleep some 6 hours per night and can hence in normal situations grow a lot of food per day.

Also, as of not all that long ago I now make more money than I can spend when doing the above so I'm in the luxurious position of not needing to feed animals anymore to generate more income. That's a relaxing thought, as I can now carefully focus on which animal I want to raise and as the more recently released animals almost always have feeding costs that are through the roof, I nowadays often don't bother anymore to get these animals to level 15 (as much as I'd have liked to get them to epic form). Since the first Storybook took us by surprise (though I luckily then had about 50K food), I've made sure to have a food bank of at least some 50K around the time we expect a Storybook to start, but preferably I have 150K or more and just use the excess food above that for raising animals. Such has also been the case recently. I already know that there's a Crystal Unicorn I'll be getting to epic level when possible, so my farms are running in overdrive to already stock up food for that.

For lower level players this is unfortunately not yet easily possible as you'll constantly need food to raise animals in order to generate income.

In a few hours I shall go down to 4 Grand Farms again. Luckily I've been preparing myself well for such situations so I won't easily be caught "off-guard" and especially at times when I'm running on fewer farms, I try to make sure I have that 150K food reserve so I can instantly act on some goals etc. requiring high food costs...

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 08:48 AM
Oh, sorry. I already raised my jingleshell to level 15 before this Chapter. I wonder if that is the difference or if I just messed up.

If an Act says to raise an animal to a particular level and you already have it at that level, then it will be completed as soon as you are able to start that Act. If it says to feed the animal, then you must feed it after starting the Act. You should be fine.

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 09:34 AM
Despite not being able to start Chapter 2 for over a day while my Money Badger was evolving, I will be able to catch up in the next couple hours.

This morning my Money Badger finished evolving to level 4. I immediately put my Jingle Shells in the Evolution Flower for its 4 hour stint to get it to level 4. A few minutes later my Frightengale hatched and I placed it in a habitat. The 6 hour timer I received trying for a Fairy Ferret last night, turned out to be a Solar Simian and I moved it to the nest. My second try for a Fairy Ferret turned out to be the desired 3 hour timer. I planted some Charm Cherries on my 6 farms. An hour later, I planted 4 farms with Misfigs (3 hours) and planted the remaining 2 farms with Charm Cherries.

I have just finished evolving Jingle Shells to level 4, to complete Chapter 2 Act 1. The 4 farms with Misfigs were ready at the same time and I harvested them to complete Chapter 2 Act 2 and Chapter 2 as well. I planted 3 farms with Adventurnips (2 hours) and I am sticking with Charm Cherries for the other 3. They should be ready to harvest in 2 hours. My Fairy Ferret is ready in the Breeding Den but I need to wait another 2 hours and change before a Solar Simian clears the nest. So in a little over 2 hours, I should complete Chapter 3 and be waiting about 14 hours for Chapter 4 to start.

My original plan moving forward wato breed Jingle Shells with a Pyro Pony to keep the breeding time to a minimum since I need a Fennec Shox. However, I am going to take the next two hours to consider the impact again of throwing Dark/Nature into the mix to get another attempt at the Trick or Trent.

FigmentValley
12-03-15, 09:58 AM
I think it might be worth noting. The goal stated to "hatch" a fairy ferret. Yet the act of placing the egg - moving it from the breeding temple to the nest - is sufficient to register as "hatching". Perhaps it could better be described as "placing a fairy ferret egg on the nest". Yet I do not know if purchasing an egg and placing it n the nest would count or not.

I am assuming the same thing will occur while "hatching" a Firefox. So breeding a Firefox from Jingleshells and hatching it later may not work to combine two goals.

RocioBM
12-03-15, 10:16 AM
What happen if I can't complete the goals during the day? Then the storybook ends or there is a chance of redo the chapter?

saucysammis
12-03-15, 10:56 AM
What happen if I can't complete the goals during the day? Then the storybook ends or there is a chance of redo the chapter?

Whatever is incomplete is waiting for you to complete throughout the duration of the storybook adventure.

saucysammis
12-03-15, 11:10 AM
I've completed chapter 3, and the Jingle Shells in my forest has finished his epic evolution. I had an empty nest for a time yesterday and put in the Rock Candy Rhino to hatch and he's currently lumbering about in candy land. I now have the hatchling Fairy Ferret as well as one at level 10 or 11. So I won't need the evolution flower for feeding the ferret. Lucky stars, my hatchling Money Badger (at lvl3) just gave forth its first precious little gem in perfect time to say thank you and send him to evolve. By my calculations I won't need that flower in the story book for the 40 hours that it takes for his evolution. Life is good now and here's hoping we all are able to smoothly get the fox. ( I sold a few recently, darn it)

JeffW60
12-03-15, 11:12 AM
I'm a bit new so I'm not up on how everything works. Just what does a realm rune do and how do I use them? And how are they typically acquired?

31aug2002
12-03-15, 11:22 AM
Realm Runes are required to expand , besides coins. Each level and plot has a set no. of runes required to expand .
You get realm runes from the mine. To mine for realm runes you need bombs, which we get from breeding animals.
Longer the breeding time, more is the number of bombs you get.

MaribouMay
12-03-15, 12:03 PM
I think it might be worth noting. The goal stated to "hatch" a fairy ferret. Yet the act of placing the egg - moving it from the breeding temple to the nest - is sufficient to register as "hatching". Perhaps it could better be described as "placing a fairy ferret egg on the nest". Yet I do not know if purchasing an egg and placing it n the nest would count or not.

I am assuming the same thing will occur while "hatching" a Firefox. So breeding a Firefox from Jingleshells and hatching it later may not work to combine two goals.

In the past placing an egg on the nest or hatching it has counted as "hatching". I would assume that a purchased egg would count as well, especially since S8 wants us to spend gems whenever possible.

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 01:15 PM
Things went as planned for Chapter 3, I harvested the Adventurnips to complete Act 1. A little over an hour later, the Solar Simian cleared the nest and I moved the Fairy Ferret to the nest to complete Act 2 as well as Chapter 3. It just hit me that we only won 8 Runes this time whereas the previous Storybook gave us 10 and the previous 2 gave us 15. Now I need to wait a little over 13 hours before I can start Chapter 4.

Since the first Act of Chapter 4 is to Feed Ferry Ferret 20 times and I will have a Level 1 and Level 10 Ferry Ferret by then, so there is nothing to do yet. Act 2 is to raise Jingle Shells to level 7, which I already have completed. So all I need to plan for is Act 3 which is to breed Jingle Shells with another animal. All I need for that I an empty Breeding Den. Looking ahead to Chapter 5, Act 1 is to Breed a Frostfang with another animal and Act 2 is to hatch a Firefox. So what I really want to do is have a free Breeding Den at the start of Chapter 5 which is in about 36 hours.

I decided to go for a Dark/Fire combination since there are two animals that I need and the common is the animal that we need to feed later in the Storybook Adventure. First try, netted me a Firefox fail. That will be ready for the nest in about 9 hours. I will save it for feeding but since I will need to use the Breeding Den twice before hitting the Act to breed a Firefox, I will need to breed a new one later. I also decided to put Jingle Shells back in the Evolution Flower to raise it to level 15 and it will be done in about 4 hours. That should free up the Evolution Flower from any Storybook requirements for a couple days so the Money Badger can use the Flower for the 40 hours after that.

Sandybellee
12-03-15, 01:27 PM
@ogreve congrats on breeding a spare Firefox so early! I hope you have luck with the Unicorn before time runs out!

The more I look at all these breeding steps, the more it stresses me out. It should be easy enough to breed commons but you never know... (I just had a horrible experience of that in the DS tales). I chose a 4-element breeding with a chance of Ferret, Fox and many good fails today and got a Planther. Tomorrow I'm on chapter 2 and will most likely go for a 3-element breeding with gem-nature-fire.

My Ferret is level 15 so it won't help in the feeding steps. Will take Jingle Shells epic overnight and then I need to calculate if I can fit in one 40 Money Badger evolution before it's time to evolve the Ferret... I have a feeling that this time the Storybook will be quite a juggling act. :p

JeffW60
12-03-15, 01:56 PM
When will the Christmas World event likely start? After the storybook is complete or before?

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 02:05 PM
When will the Christmas World event likely start? After the storybook is complete or before?

We have not had a World Event and a Storybook Adventure running at the same time so I believe that the World Event will not begin until the Storybook Adventure is complete. My guess is that the World Event will start with the DEC 15 update but that is only a guess.

Clark_Wayne
12-03-15, 02:31 PM
We have not had a World Event and a Storybook Adventure running at the same time so I believe that the World Event will not begin until the Storybook Adventure is complete. My guess is that the World Event will start with the DEC 15 update but that is only a guess.

you always guess well ;)

ThynaSmith
12-03-15, 03:23 PM
Thank you all for the information on the chapters and what it takes to complete them! This is the first time I'm going to start a Storybook late, so, it's nice to know what lays ahead!

By the way, I couldn't resist, and even though I said I wouldn't spend money with FFS, I ended up buying a Crystal Unicorn, which is in the nest right now.

ogreve
12-03-15, 03:33 PM
@ogreve congrats on breeding a spare Firefox so early! I hope you have luck with the Unicorn before time runs out!

Thanks, and after just having sped the last two hours of a Fallaby fail off the nest and 6 hours of remaining Planther breeding time in the den I put in the same formula and got... (no, not a Crystal Unicorn ;) ) ... a second Firefox!
It too shall be kept for now, at least until I know how many feedings will need to be given to a Firefox...
As for breeding a Crystal Unicorn? Well, I've never managed to do that in a gazillion of attempts. Tomorrow morning is likely to see my last 4-element attempt for a long time, when I have to do the "breed the Jingle Shells with another animal" step. That breeding shall also be done with the QQ and surely it too shall not result in a Crystal Unicorn, but well, at least I'll go down trying to the limit...

LynsoKevin
12-03-15, 03:34 PM
Could I do chapter 5 back to front, try breed firefox and have it in the nest then in the breeding den once the pop up appears put in a frostfang complete that then hatch the Firefox after the fostfang act?? Will that work

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 03:45 PM
I would like to add my thanks to 19sparkles96 for posting what is coming up. It helps a lot for planning.

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 03:47 PM
Could I do chapter 5 back to front, try breed firefox and have it in the nest then in the breeding den once the pop up appears put in a frostfang complete that then hatch the Firefox after the fostfang act?? Will that work

The task says to hatch a Firefox not breed it, so what you are saying will work because you would complete the Acts in order. If things work out the way I want, my plan is to do that very thing.

jojopeanut
12-03-15, 05:19 PM
After collecting oddball buttons final chapter 6 act prize Toy Elephant.. Chapter 7 Act 1 raise Toy Elephant to lvl 4.. He is 8 HRS to hatch. EDIT: forgot to add the Toy Elephant is a dark/earth element.
Which means that I can not place him in the Candy Habitat.. I'm tired lol it's been a long week.

EDIT: I'm not speeding up the hatch time even though he'll be redy in about 3 1/2 HRS and my evolution flower is occupied for 5 more HRS kinda bad timing on that part. So I'll not know what act 2 of this chapter until sometime tomorrow. I'll be asleep when my evolution flower finishes.

I'll add this goes well with the Candy event we just finished. Sense I broke down and purchased the Habitat and will not be getting the newest habitat. The Elephant is going to go well in the Candy Habitat with my other animals especially sense I'm one short the RockRino.
And the jackontheball looks like it fits right into the theme hanging out peeking through the corner near the arch.

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 05:57 PM
After collecting oddball buttons final chapter 6 act prize Toy Elephant.. Chapter 7 Act 1 raise Toy Elephant to lvl 4.. He is 8 HRS to hatch.

I'll add this goes well with the Candy event we just finished. Sense I broke down and purchased the Habitat and will not be getting the newest habitat. The Elephant is going to go well in the Candy Habitat with my other animals especially sense I'm one short the RockRino.
And the jackontheball looks like it fits right into the theme hanging out peeking through the corner near the arch.

Thanks for the information. Looks like I chose the correct time to upgrade my Money Badger to Level 10, since I won't need my Evolution Flower again until Day 6.

Scribbles138
12-03-15, 09:48 PM
The task says to hatch a Firefox not breed it, so what you are saying will work because you would complete the Acts in order. If things work out the way I want, my plan is to do that very thing.

This will work because during Storybooks hatching counts as either moving the egg into the nest or the incubation finishing and moving the Neely hatched animal to its habitat, correct?

ninasidstorm8
12-03-15, 10:03 PM
This will work because during Storybooks hatching counts as either moving the egg into the nest or the incubation finishing and moving the Neely hatched animal to its habitat, correct?

Yes, both moving to the nest and moving from the nest count as hatching for a Storybook Adventure. I am grateful that S8 implemented it this way, it has come in handy a few times.

jojopeanut
12-03-15, 11:34 PM
I'm guessing very possible that JingleShells and ToyElephant may need to breed together for final prize the RockingHorse I'm tempted to try but will hold off. As these are not breedable anyway which also I would guess result in a fail until the Chapter and most likely final act show up.

natxjkkggg
12-04-15, 12:53 AM
Hallo jojopeanut,
Thanks for the Information of chapter7. How many oddball buttons You got per Hour food??

Sandybellee
12-04-15, 01:50 AM
And the first try at Fairy Ferret is a 6-hour timer! Hopefully this won't take too many tries...

ogreve
12-04-15, 02:29 AM
I currently have a second Firefox on the nest and my breeding of the Emerald Dragon + Jingle Shells gave me a second 3 hour Fairy Ferret in the den. I wished I already knew how many feedings the Fairy Ferrets and Firefoxes will require. I now have two babies of each and I decided to raise my main Fairy Ferret from level 13 to 14 so as to avoid an evolution (hence gaining 3 hours of precious breeding time). Now I have to make up my mind about the last few 4-element attempts; at the time of writing this the Crystal Unicorn value pack expires in 9:22 hours and the Firefox hatching ends in 8:13 hours, and the Fairy Ferret breeding ends in 2:14 hours. Already this means that without speeding I can put in one more 4-element breeding before the value pack expires, but then I'd lose 6 hours of breeding time. I could also speed the Firefox hatching away once it finishes and perhaps manage to gain one (or two, if I happen to get Fairy Ferret only fails) additional chance at a CU. As it's a bit of a "do or die" day, I'm inclined to do the latter. It's not so nice for the gem count, but it would be SO great if I actually DID manage to breed a Unicorn, and... if anything, it helps with the bomb count (or so I hope).
I would like to buy the special habitat. Fortunately this morning I got a game goal for the winter edition of FS2, so that were 30 easy gems and I am above 200 gems so I do have enough to buy it, but... I'd much rather first make another expansion on the upper blue plot first. I currently have 31 runes and 11 bombs. If I use up all of the bombs now, by average I would gain around 22 runes (give or take a few), bringing the total to around 53. Getting the remaining +/- 17 runes would then require around 9 more bombs, which translates back into 9*6 = 54 breeding hours (unless I luck out and get additional bombs from breedings that are not a precise multiple of 6).
So, 54 breeding hours if done back to back is well over two days still and then there's the 12 hour expansion time and the "fun" task of clearing the 33:20 hours (!) Fail Shales away.
Effectively (as it's hard to do this sequence without losing some time here and there) that means that I cannot buy the habitat sooner than in some 4 days from now at the very least, but more likely to be 5 or 6 days even.
Also, I currently want to have enough of a gem stash to be able to speed ultra rare outcomes away (if necessary) so as to not endanger the Storybook's steps. Instant speeding of a gem ultra-rare would cost a maximum of 90 gems (45 for the breeding, and 45 for the hatching).
Hmmm, I'll just have to be patient and wait with buying the habitat, unless I temporarily put it on the spot of a farm or so, but already I'm down to only 4 Grand Farms, so I don't really want to do that.
Well, I'll just have to be patient and hope that the habitat sale will last for the duration of the Storybook at least. I think it will.
I really wished those expansions could be done more quickly...
A very nice thing from the first Storybook was the 15 Realm Runes reward on one of the steps, after that it went down to 10 and with this Storybook it's only 8 of them. I hope a later step in the Storybook gives some more Realm Runes. That would be very, very welcome.

saucysammis
12-04-15, 05:10 AM
I put off expanding on the uppermost shelf for quite awhile in the interest of getting to the Treent, and then the Haeron. I think I had half of it cleared when the lower green shelf and the Treent first became available. At that point I only expanded there once in a great while because the new areas took less time, I haven't reached the solar bear yet. In the interest of acquiring habitats during the sale offering last weekend I sold an empty day of the dead habitat and moved creatures around then sold a valentines habitat. I'm prepared to move the lullabison on short notice should I need space. I sell the Evo flower at least once a week in the name of redecorating, then re-buy it

My input would be: While you could expand there and clear the fail shales before the storybook timer ends....and it's LIKELY that the sale of the habitat will continue through the duration of the storybook adventure....it's also slightly possible the habitat would go off sale with one of the updates before the storybook ends. It's guaranteed that you would have a space open sooner if you expand further into the dark areas and maybe move another habitat over to the dark if you really want the winter one to have a place in the blue area. Then you could save expanding into the blue for a time when you aren't under pressure to have space for a limited time habitat.

I find it compelling that there is more than one option that is appealing in the game. Funnily enough, having expanded my ice shelf I am now waiting to open up dark areas so I can try moving my swan lake away from the ice over to the dark area. I'm constantly re arranging habitats.

sweetdeda
12-04-15, 05:39 AM
So I put in my jingle shells with unicorn to breed and got a 14 hour timer, I checked the other site and can't figure out what it could be. Anyone know?

Scribbles138
12-04-15, 05:59 AM
Yes, both moving to the nest and moving from the nest count as hatching for a Storybook Adventure. I am grateful that S8 implemented it this way, it has come in handy a few times.

Thank you. :)

Another question for everyone...does anyone know how many buttons drop from harvesting? During the last Storybook I think we got two per hour, which was a change from the usual one per hour. Just trying to figure out which crops to plant to have ready for that step.

kokii123
12-04-15, 06:02 AM
I think its Fennec Shox

Scribbles138
12-04-15, 06:02 AM
So I put in my jingle shells with unicorn to breed and got a 14 hour timer, I checked the other site and can't figure out what it could be. Anyone know?

I'm not entirely clear on how breeding with a unicorn works, since I don't have one, but the only 14 hour timer I could see that includes the Jingle Shells elements is a Fennec Shox.

Scribbles138
12-04-15, 06:04 AM
...Fortunately this morning I got a game goal for the winter edition of FS2, so that were 30 easy gems...

I had the game icon in the bottom left corner of the game today, but no goal for gems. After reading your post I decided to download it and see if something came up for me in FFS, but nothing. I wonder why things are different for some players.

sweetdeda
12-04-15, 06:06 AM
I'm not entirely clear on how breeding with a unicorn works, since I don't have one, but the only 14 hour timer I could see that includes the Jingle Shells elements is a Fennec Shox.

Thank you not sure why I didn't see that on the other websites chart.

ogreve
12-04-15, 08:07 AM
Hmm, new "complication" or just "situation", if you will...
One of the Fairy Ferret hatchings just ended and another one was bred in the den. I moved the former to the last open position in a habitat and moved the latter to the nest, causing a 3 hour timer on the nest. Then I again put in the Emerald Dragon + Cosmic Phoenix in the den for a last or second to last shot at breeding a Crystal Unicorn before time runs out. I got a 15 hour Cosmic Phoenix fail as a result.

This complicates matters as it will leave a 12 hour gap between hatching and breeding. There are a few scenarios I could follow, and I have less than 3 hours to decide what to do.
Already I decided that, though a duplicate, for now I'll keep the Cosmic Phoenix as it will allow me to make my two most prominent spots in the forest symmetrical, being the Gold Lion Lava Lagoons. Currently I have two of those, with two Gold Lions in each and with an Aurora Pegasus over each. The differences are that one of the two has a Frightingale in it and the other a Cosmic Phoenix. That doesn't give the 100% aesthetically pleasing look I'm looking for, and the factor in it that is -IMO- most "off" is the Frightingale. So, for starters I want to move the Frightingale out to a different habitat (I have yet to decide which, but probably I'll sacrifice my duplicate Lunar Moth or Ember Bear for it). That then solves the question as to "where" to put the second Cosmic Phoenix.

So far, so good, but.... what to do with all this and the Storybook? If I let matters run out without speeding, there will be an unused 12 hour gap on the nest, and the Cosmic Phoenix will then finish hatching some 3 hours before the next chapter starts. That is where the complication occurs, as that is precisely where first a Frostfang has to be bred with something and then a Firefox has to be hatched. With a (then) 15 hour egg on the nest, almost my only option for the Frostfang breeding would be to pair it with dark-fire, in the hope that I get a Firefox as a result. Chances are an estimated 25-30% of that, as it could also be one of the other two commons (i.e. Skyger or a Chromadile), or it could be one of the dark-fire rares or super rares. If it's not a Firefox, I'll have no other option than to speed somewhere along the lines and then try to force-breed a Firefox on the next attempt. Risky and it could be costly.
I checked what animals from storage I could hatch in the 12 hour gap, those would be at least (without speeding) the Robber Racoon and the Gummybear, but... space is already enough of an issue as it is, so I don't want to do that.

It looks like my best bet is to sit out the 3 hours of the last Fairy Ferret hatching and then to speed-clear the den at a hefty 12 gem cost, and put in one very last "do-or-die" 4-element attempt at a Crystal Unicorn. I can only hope that IF it is not a Crystal Unicorn (which is almost a certainty), that it will result in a Firefox. If it doesn't, the next best outcome would be a Fairy Ferret, in which case tomorrow morning I can start using the Unicorn first for breeding it with the Frostfang (almost certainly a 4 hour outcome) and after that with dark-fire for trying to force-breed the Firefox.
It's a bummer that the skip cost for breeding a Firefox is so high. Had that been only a few gems, it would have been easiest to simply skip that step, but at 35 gems I'm confident I can get one using fewer gems for speeding attempts (and that will help for the bomb count too).

It looks like that's my best option. I'm not too happy with having to spend 12 gems on speed-clearing the den, but it does give one more 4-element attempt and sees to it that the Cosmic Phoenix gets hatched overnight and should be done tomorrow morning, so I can start day 5 nicely on time.

ogreve
12-04-15, 08:15 AM

You can almost certainly find it in the "11 hour section" (instead of the 14 hours one), as the Fennec Shox is one of the very few animals that has a different breeding time (14 hours) from the hatching time (11 hours). I know that at least in one location on "that site" I stumbled into this situation too. ;)

tennysonrobin
12-04-15, 08:46 AM
BIG BIG BIG BIG problem: the tortoise is tooooo cute I don't want to evolve it to epic =(((((((((((((((((( TL can you give us the choice to go back to baby?? I would spend a million coins for that!! plz plz plz pretty plz with cherry on top :(

19sparkles96
12-04-15, 08:46 AM
Just updated my Act chart on page 1.

ninasidstorm8
12-04-15, 08:48 AM
My nest came free last night just before going to bed and I decided to make another breeding attempt rather than leave it free for the Storybook step to Breed Jingle Shells and another animal. The result was a Ladypug (17 hours) which I need although my preference was the Brave Eagle.

This morning I feed my Level 1 Fairy Ferret through Level 3 and my Level 10 Ferret through Level 11 to complete Chapter 4 Act 1. I have already raised Jingle Shells to level 15, so Act 2 completed immediately which leaves Act 3 to complete Chapter 4. My new Ladypug will be ready for the nest in about 6 hours, then I can breed Jingle Bells and finish Chapter 4 and have about 11 ? hours to wait for Chapter 5. I would like to have a free nest when Chapter 5 starts so I can get to Act 2 to hatch a Firefox as soon as possible. But given my current situation, it might be beneficial to take a shot at breeding a Firefox while breeding the Jingle Shells. My Money Badger should be at Level 10 and free up the Evolution Flower in 24 ? hours, so I am on track so far.

The Jingle Shells elements are Electric/Fire so at least Electric/Fire animals are possible outcomes no matter what other animal is used. They are 11 hrs, 14 hrs, 16 hrs, and 21 hrs. A Firefox is Dark/Fire so at least Dark must be introduced into the possible results. Dark/Fire animals have breeding times of 9, 13, 14, 16, and 17 hours. Electric/Dark animals would also be possible which have breeding times of 17, 18, 18, 19, and 23 hours. I also need one animal from each possible outcome.

Breeding the Firefox would be great but that changes are probably less than 33% of doing so since it is only one of three possible commons. I am down to 27 gems after buying the Money Badger, so I do not want to speed away long failures at this point. It looks like Chapter 6 does not need the Breeding Den, so I can set it up to complete fairly quickly if I fail to breed the Firefox in the first try or two. So I am leaning to breeding the Jingle Shells with a Pyro Pony to be safe and get a potential Fennec Shox that I need. But I have a few hours to decide and today’s update might influence my decision as well.

jojopeanut
12-04-15, 10:06 AM
Chapter 8 Act 1- Raise your ToyElephant to lvl 7
Act 2- Breed a Tourtise
Act 3- Raise JingleShells to lvl 15

natxjkkggg
12-04-15, 10:32 AM
Here my question to the experts,
In chapter 4 we have to breed Jingle shells with an anmal. In chapter 5 frostfang with any Animal.Now the question of I breed Jingle Shells with frostfang in chapter 4 is that also simultaneous correct for point 1 of chapter 5??? That means point 3 of CH 4 and point 1 of CH5 ??

MaribouMay
12-04-15, 10:50 AM
Here my question to the experts,
In chapter 4 we have to breed Jingle shells with an anmal. In chapter 5 frostfang with any Animal.Now the question of I breed Jingle Shells with frostfang in chapter 4 is that also simultaneous correct for point 1 of chapter 5??? That means point 3 of CH 4 and point 1 of CH5 ??

Unfortunately, that will not work. Breeding always has to be done after the prompt.

The other way to view this is that S8 put these breedings back to back on purpose. They make money by getting the players to buy gems. Setting up situations that encourage us to spend gems (like by speeding breedings or skipping steps), encourages us to buy more gems. You can see this as a manipulation or as a savvy business policy.

sri2008
12-04-15, 01:05 PM

AS COMPLETED ON MY GAME

CH 1

CH 2

CH 3

CH 4

CH 5

2- Hatch a Firefox Skip 35 gems

PRIZE 8,000 Apples Unlock early 25 gems

CH 6

"For a moment the two stared at each other with surprised expressions before the Toy Elephant rolled over and apologized profusely. She explained that she was so excited to see another animal like her that she rushed out of the woods to give him a big hug. But being a clumsy Toy Elephant she tripped and accidentally tackled him instead!"

1- Harvest Power Pears x8 Skip 12 gems
2- Feed your Firefox x15 Skip 15 gems
3- Raise your Jingle Shells to level 10 Skip 20 gems
4- Collect Oddball Buttons from harvesting x85 Skip 50 gems

PRIZE Toy Elephant Unlock early 30 gems

CH 7

"Jingle Shells began to laugh at the Toy Elephant who turned red and started to walk away in embarrassment. Seeing that he inflicted the same pain the other animals put on him, Jingle Shells rushed over in a myriad of jingles and apologized, explaining that he was actually looking for others like him. That put a smile on Toy Elephant's face as she threw her arms up into the air and let out a trumpeting cheer! She explained that she knew exactly where other animals like them lived: the Winter Wonderland! The only way to get there was over the Wavy Plains, accessible only by Land Boat!"

2- Raise your Toy Elephant to level 4 Skip 4 gems
3-

PRIZE

AS COMPLETED ON MY GAME

Isn't there supposed to be ten chapters

MaribouMay
12-04-15, 01:13 PM
Isn't there supposed to be ten chapters

We are waiting for those players that use gems to skip ahead and report back to us. This is all user content; S8 is not supplying this information. It takes a bit of time for all the steps to get fleshed out by generous players willing to spend gems to benefit us all.

ogreve
12-04-15, 01:56 PM
Hmm, my situation hasn't improved...
I did as planned, sped the Cosmic Phoenix to the nest and put in a last and definitive end-all 4-element breeding: 17 hours. Ouch. That's longer even than the Cosmic Phoenix already was...
With the formula I used it's either a Lady Pug (of which I have 3 already) or another Frightingale (of which I have 1). A further Ladypug will definitely not be kept. A Frightingale may be kept.. For a while. Too much strain on the forest for space as it is already.
Well then, no bred Unicorn for me, so I did what I had already decided to do: I bought a second one in the value pack, thus ending 4-element breeding once and for all.
The long fails are not handy for the next few storybook steps but they can be made up for later...

saucysammis
12-04-15, 02:05 PM
Hmm, my situation hasn't improved...
I did as planned, sped the Cosmic Phoenix to the nest and put in a last and definitive end-all 4-element breeding: 17 hours. Ouch. That's longer even than the Cosmic Phoenix already was...
With the formula I used it's either a Lady Pug (of which I have 3 already) or another Frightingale (of which I have 1). A further Ladypug will definitely not be kept. A Frightingale may be kept.. For a while. Too much strain on the forest for space as it is already.
Well then, no bred Unicorn for me, so I did what I had already decided to do: I bought a second one in the value pack, thus ending 4-element breeding once and for all.
The long fails are not handy for the next few storybook steps but they can be made up for later...

Congratulations on your diligence and on your second unicorn in spite of how very close the timer was on your efforts. I'll admit I've been on the edge of my seat rooting for you and checking the thread to see your results. I also was breeding 4 elements trying for a second unicorn and had no luck with it.

ogreve
12-04-15, 02:29 PM

Congratulations on your diligence and on your second unicorn in spite of how very close the timer was on your efforts. I'll admit I've been on the edge of my seat rooting for you and checking the thread to see your results. I also was breeding 4 elements trying for a second unicorn and had no luck with it.

Thanks for that!
These are the kind of things that are always so nice on this forum: we're all hoping the best for one another without competition and envy. :)
The fact that my two Unicorns were bought does give little "joy" or sense of achievement but I've definitely given it my best and I was tired of doing 4-element breedings, so I'm glad that that is behind me now. :P
The 4-element breedings have given several good fails too over the months, so they've not been total losses. I'm also happy with the second Cosmic Phoenix that I have on the nest as it sees me getting the Lava Lagoons up to my likings. The Cosmic Phoenixes may be placeholders in the hope that perhaps someday they can be swapped out for two Nightmares but there's no telling if that will ever happen so in the meantime I'm happy that as of tomorrow they'll have two Phoenixes.
The long 17 hour timer does complicate matters somewhat. I had planned on breeding the Frostfang with the Unicorn tomorrow but I may now opt to breed it with dark-fire so it hopefully will be either a Firefox or a Brave Eagle or Onyx Ox.

ninasidstorm8
12-04-15, 03:04 PM
I spent the last few hours debating on what to breed with Jingle Shells to complete Chapter 3. Today’s update didn’t affect the decision since there is no new animal to breed. I just moved my 17 hour Ladypug from the Breeding Den to the nest. A welcome addition to my forest but the timer is a bit long and I don’t want to spend any gems to speed at this point. I needed tp breed an animal with Jingle Bells to complete Chapter 3. I narrowed things down to two choices.

1) Breed with a Pyro Pony to limit the number of long fails while trying for a Fennec Shox.
2) Breed with a Dark element to try for a Firefox needed in Chapter 4. This gives me a chance at 3 animals I do not have but could result in as long as a 23 hour timer.

Chapters 6 & 7 do not have Acts that involve Breeding and I would like to get through Chapter 6 as quick as possible so I can plan out the use of the Evolution Flower better. Since I just put a 17 hour Ladypug into the Nest, the chances of me getting a timer much higher is really low. I went for choice 2, breeding the Jingle Shells with a Firefox to give the RNG an idea of what I wanted ;-).

I ended up with a 9 hour timer which has to be the Firefox. I figured I had a less than a 1 in 3 chance for this outcome but the RNG took the hint ant gave me what I wanted. So I will not be able to start Act 1 of Chapter 5 until about 6 ? hours after the Chapter 5 can start since my Breeding Den will be full until then. I will be able to complete Act 1 at that point and then just need to wait the 9 hours it will take the Firefox to hatch to complete Act 2 and Chapter 5. Then I will be waiting about 6 ? hours for Chapter 6 to begin.

It could not have worked out much better. I went from over 24 hours behind Wednesday to a possible 6 hours ahead of schedule by tomorrow. Now I have to think about what to breed with the Frostfang tomorrow morning and plan the use of my Evolution Flower. I hope things are working out as well for everyone else.

RowanaFarrin
12-04-15, 04:42 PM
Not really relevent, but thought it was cute and funny to share. XD Since I'm waiting to start Chapter 4 and all the breeding requirements, I didn't want to put in another four element try or anything that would take too long to hatch, but I feel silly leaving the nest empty. So I put in Water/Nature! Why? Because I'm almost garunteed a new animal: Turtisle! Been playing since early summer and still don't have one of these somehow. I think it's the last common I don't have. Well now I have two of them on the way. :P Pity they I don't have an open habitat they can share with Jingle Shells. Turtle party!

Scribbles138
12-04-15, 05:38 PM
I might have missed it, but do we know how many buttons drop per hour of farming just yet?

flowless
12-05-15, 01:35 AM
Do we still need the fairy after feeding it 20 times later on don't have space would love to sell it
Any one done could u tell us please

Sandybellee
12-05-15, 02:40 AM
Do we still need the fairy after feeding it 20 times later on don't have space would love to sell it
Any one done could u tell us please

We can't be sure yet. I'll hang on to mine for the time being. (It's still on the nest - must remember not to sell it when the egg is done!) Hoping to get another extra one just in case too.

ogreve
12-05-15, 05:28 AM
Situation: this is the very first time during a Storybook that I am about to fall behind in a chapter, as today (day 5 for me), the "breed a Frostfang" act was executed with dark-fire and it gave me an 18 hour outcome, instead of the desired Firefox. With a 17 hour Frightingale on the nest now, that means that the hatching and breeding will end in the middle of the night for me, unless I speed it a bit away.

Question: am I understanding it correctly that it doesn't matter if I don't manage to breed/hatch a Firefox BEFORE day 6 begins, but that it will just mean that I will have less time then for the Day 6 acts?

If the above understanding is correct, then there's no reason for me to do (much) speeding. Just as long as it's not the case that I absolutely need to have a Firefox hatched/bred before Day 6 begins.

On another note: the various speeding activities of the last few days have worked in my favour as far as bombs are concerned. Today I had just enough bombs to be able to mine for the required Runes for initiating a well-needed expansion. I wanted to do this on the blue plots (yes, they take a long time, but I want to finally clear that shelf first now) and could choose from the central spot or the topmost one. The latter is coolest for a supreme gem habitat, like the Grand Gem Cove I have, but it's the central one that I hope looks coolest for the newly released special habitat, so I decided to do that one first. In 12 hours the expansion is done and the lengthy wait (33:20 hours) for clearing the Fail Shales away begins. So, in some 2 more days I should be able to buy the special habitat (if I don't have to use a bunch of gems on something else first). I bought one on my secondary account and it's pretty, so I do want one on the main account too.

Also, last night when I got the 17 hour Frightingale fail, I noticed that I wouldn't really need the evolution flower for a day or two, so I decided to already raise my Unicorn to level 10; I wished I had known this in the morning, as then I could have done so a lot earlier, but well, it's "in progress" now...

chippychan
12-05-15, 06:39 AM

I got a 14 hour timer too and was trying to figure out what it was. Thanks Scribbles138!

I think the wiki has it listed in the wrong time block for incubation (11 hours) because it's supposed to have an 11 hour evolution time which is different than its incubation time of 14 hours.

ogreve
12-05-15, 07:05 AM
I got a 14 hour timer too and was trying to figure out what it was. Thanks Scribbles138!

I think the wiki has it listed in the wrong time block for incubation (11 hours) because it's supposed to have an 11 hour evolution time which is different than its incubation time of 14 hours.

The Fennec Shox has "something weird" about it. It was released off-schedule on a Thursday around the 1st birthday anniversary of FFS.
It has a 14 hour breed time but only 11 hours hatching time.

Scribbles138
12-05-15, 07:41 AM
Question: am I understanding it correctly that it doesn't matter if I don't manage to breed/hatch a Firefox BEFORE day 6 begins, but that it will just mean that I will have less time then for the Day 6 acts?

That's always been my understanding. I fell behind during one, and the next chapter had started by the time I had finished the previous one. All that happened was there was no waiting time and the next chapter began right away.

MaribouMay
12-05-15, 08:28 AM

You are exactly right. Day 6 will start immediately if your day 5 tasks run long and into day 6.

Congrats on your CU. I confess that I bought one too at the last minute. Now I too have the tricky task of working it onto the nest in between tasks.

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 08:32 AM
Situation: this is the very first time during a Storybook that I am about to fall behind in a chapter, as today (day 5 for me), the "breed a Frostfang" act was executed with dark-fire and it gave me an 18 hour outcome, instead of the desired Firefox. With a 17 hour Frightingale on the nest now, that means that the hatching and breeding will end in the middle of the night for me, unless I speed it a bit away.

If the above understanding is correct, then there's no reason for me to do (much) speeding. Just as long as it's not the case that I absolutely need to have a Firefox hatched/bred before Day 6 begins.

On another note: the various speeding activities of the last few days have worked in my favour as far as bombs are concerned. Today I had just enough bombs to be able to mine for the required Runes for initiating a well-needed expansion. I wanted to do this on the blue plots (yes, they take a long time, but I want to finally clear that shelf first now) and could choose from the central spot or the topmost one. The latter is coolest for a supreme gem habitat, like the Grand Gem Cove I have, but it's the central one that I hope looks coolest for the newly released special habitat, so I decided to do that one first. In 12 hours the expansion is done and the lengthy wait (33:20 hours) for clearing the Fail Shales away begins. So, in some 2 more days I should be able to buy the special habitat (if I don't have to use a bunch of gems on something else first). I bought one on my secondary account and it's pretty, so I do want one on the main account too.

Also, last night when I got the 17 hour Frightingale fail, I noticed that I wouldn't really need the evolution flower for a day or two, so I decided to already raise my Unicorn to level 10; I wished I had known this in the morning, as then I could have done so a lot earlier, but well, it's "in progress" now...

That's always been my understanding. I fell behind during one, and the next chapter had started by the time I had finished the previous one. All that happened was there was no waiting time and the next chapter began right away.

I have fallen behind on the Chapters many times and I can confirm what Scribbles138 says. You just have less time to complete the remaining Chapters. In the last Storybook I fell more than two days behind and I was able to easily catch up. From what I can see, it should be easy to catch up in Chapters 6 & 7 although it will mean a tighter schedule for Evolution Flower use to raise the Toy Elephant.

Good Luck.

ogreve
12-05-15, 09:14 AM
Thanks a lot all, that's great to hear as it means there's no stress on breeding the Firefox. :)

31aug2002
12-05-15, 09:41 AM
I too am falling behind in chapters as my Breed Jingle Shells with anything gave me a 23 hr fail, a hippogryph A good fail.
It is now on the nest and I have a 5 hr rainguin for the Frostfang with anything . So that leaves with some 18 hrs of speeding to do, which I will not as am low on gems rt now.. I may let a few hrs pass before I speed it to reduce the cost.

RowanaFarrin
12-05-15, 09:57 AM
I just finished Chapter 4 (I'm a day behind), and decided to try breeding Jingle Shells with dark for a shot at Firefox and a successful 9 hour timer! This should put me right on track to finish Chapter 5 tomorrow without problems.

In other news, since I had plenty of food and a bit of time before I need to evolve Jingle Shells, I put Lionheart in for it's evolution to epic. My first ultra rare epic animal! ^_^

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 10:59 AM
This morning, my Ladypug hatched and I moved my Firefox egg to the nest. I decided to breed the Frostfang with Nature to try to get a Seahorse. I received a 6 hour timer which should be a Turtisle. Ironically this is the animal needed for Chapter 8 Act 2 but I will not keep it in the nest to use it for that purpose. I will keep it in the forest in case Chapters 9 & 10 contain steps to feed it.

So this completed Chapter 5 Act 1. My Firefox is due to hatch in another 6 or so hours which will complete Chapter 5 and at that point I will need to wait another 8 hours before I can start Chapter 6. My Money Badger just reached level 10. The next time I will need the Evolution Flower is in Chapter 7 to raise the Toy Elephant to level 4. So I decided to feed my Money Badger through level 14 and put it back in the Evolution Flower for the last time to get it to Level 15. This will prevent me from raising the Toy Elephant to Level 4 early in the process but since there is nothing else in Chapter 7 that takes much time, I am comfortable waiting until Chapter 7 starts to have the Evolution Flower free for the Toy Elephant.

Chapter 6 should go well. Since Power Pears only take 3 minutes from planting to harvest, I don’t wat to waste valuable farming time overnight planting them. So I will stick with my normal Nexus Nut crops on all farms. I will feed my new Firefox 15 times which will take it through level 3 to complete Act 2, so it will take little time. I already have my Jingle Shells at level 15, so Act 3 will be completed immediately. This brings me to Harvesting to get 85 oddball buttons for Act 4. I thought of a couple different ways to approach this task. If we only get 1 button for each hour of harvesting, I will need 14 hours of harvesting 6 farms plus 1 farm for another hour. Since I will have most of the day to complete this act, I should not have a problem doing this but I want to be as efficient as possible.

I thought about planting some 20 hour crops today for harvesting in Chapter 6 on some of my farms to get a head start while leaving a few with regular crops to account for the Aurora Apples that need to be harvested in Act 1. Since Aurora Apples only take 3 minutes to harvest, I could leave only one farm for that and it will still only require a little over 24 minutes to complete Act 1. Even though I have plenty of food, I don’t like the idea of inefficient use of my farms. So I am going to plant Nexus Nuts overnight like I normally do. I will only harvest 2 of the farms when I start Chapter 6 and plant Aurora Apples on those farms 4 times to complete Act 1. Then plant one more crop of Aurora Apples, complete Acts 2 and 3 and then harvest all 6 farms once I start Act 4. This should give me at least a 20 oddball button to start. Then I will plant/harvest as normal throughout the rest of the day. I’ll plant Charm Cherries (1 hour) unless I can’t play for a couple hours and plant Nexus Nuts (5 hours) for that time.

That is my plan for the next two days of the Storybook. I can breed as normal today and then I will have to start thinking about the best way to accomplish the task of breeding a Turtisle for Chapter 8. Ironic, since I just bred one.

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 11:05 AM
I just finished Chapter 4 (I'm a day behind), and decided to try breeding Jingle Shells with dark for a shot at Firefox and a successful 9 hour timer! This should put me right on track to finish Chapter 5 tomorrow without problems.

In other news, since I had plenty of food and a bit of time before I need to evolve Jingle Shells, I put Lionheart in for it's evolution to epic. My first ultra rare epic animal! ^_^

Congratulations, RowanaFarrin! I brought my Lionheart to Epic last week, and it looks pretty cool! I can't wait to use it in the Tournament! :)

flowless
12-05-15, 11:09 AM
This morning, my Ladypug hatched and I moved my Firefox egg to the nest. I decided to breed the Frostfang with Nature to try to get a Seahorse. I received a 6 hour timer which should be a Turtisle. Ironically this is the animal needed for Chapter 8 Act 2 but I will not keep it in the nest to use it for that purpose. I will keep it in the forest in case Chapters 9 & 10 contain steps to feed it.

So this completed Chapter 5 Act 1. My Firefox is due to hatch in another 6 or so hours which will complete Chapter 5 and at that point I will need to wait another 8 hours before I can start Chapter 6. My Money Badger just reached level 10. The next time I will need the Evolution Flower is in Chapter 7 to raise the Toy Elephant to level 4. So I decided to feed my Money Badger through level 14 and put it back in the Evolution Flower for the last time to get it to Level 15. This will prevent me from raising the Toy Elephant to Level 4 early in the process but since there is nothing else in Chapter 7 that takes much time, I am comfortable waiting until Chapter 7 starts to have the Evolution Flower free for the Toy Elephant.

Chapter 6 should go well. Since Power Pears only take 3 minutes from planting to harvest, I don?t wat to waste valuable farming time overnight planting them. So I will stick with my normal Nexus Nut crops on all farms. I will feed my new Firefox 15 times which will take it through level 3 to complete Act 2, so it will take little time. I already have my Jingle Shells at level 15, so Act 3 will be completed immediately. This brings me to Harvesting to get 85 oddball buttons for Act 4. I thought of a couple different ways to approach this task. If we only get 1 button for each hour of harvesting, I will need 14 hours of harvesting 6 farms plus 1 farm for another hour. Since I will have most of the day to complete this act, I should not have a problem doing this but I want to be as efficient as possible.

I thought about planting some 20 hour crops today for harvesting in Chapter 6 on some of my farms to get a head start while leaving a few with regular crops to account for the Aurora Apples that need to be harvested in Act 1. Since Aurora Apples only take 3 minutes to harvest, I could leave only one farm for that and it will still only require a little over 24 minutes to complete Act 1. Even though I have plenty of food, I don?t like the idea of inefficient use of my farms. So I am going to plant Nexus Nuts overnight like I normally do. I will only harvest 2 of the farms when I start Chapter 6 and plant Aurora Apples on those farms 4 times to complete Act 1. Then plant one more crop of Aurora Apples. Complete Acts 2 and 3 and then harvest all 6 farms once I start Act 4. This should give me at least a 20 oddball button to start. Then I will plant/harvest as normal throughout the rest of the day. I?ll plant Charm Cherries (1 hour) unless I can?t play for a couple hours and plant Nexus Nuts (5 hours) for that time.

That is my plan for the next two days of the Storybook. I can breed as normal today and then I will have to start thinking about the best way to accomplish the task of breeding a Turtisle for Chapter 8. Ironic, since I just bred one.

I also obtained turtisle too
While firefox was on the nest
However i will keep it till chapter 8
And use this chance to get an animal or 2 out of my storage
Cuz
1- i dont want to test my luck
(Plus im having terrible luck with tournment, losing in almost every level)
I might not get turtisle first try again
And i it would be chapter 8 so if im delayed i will be worried if i cant catch up due to the littel time left
( especially that steps to ch 9,10 still unknow )

2 i hate when i inturrpet breeding
After chapter 7 ends i would need the nest to keep toy elephant

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 11:21 AM
I started late in the Storybook, and I'm still on chapter 3, having completed it and I'm waiting for chapter 4 to start. I can see that one of the requirements is to breed the Jingle Shells with another animal. What are you guys doing about it? I'm thinking what's the best idea, to breed it with the Pyro Pony (will I get another Pyro Pony? If so, awesome, since the breeding time is so short) or will I get a fire and electric animal, whose breeding times can vary from 11 to 21 hours?
I also thought about breeding the Jingle Shells with the Pandaffodil, which would probably produce a fairy ferret (3 hours) or a Thunderhawk (16 hours). I don't want any of these animals, to be honest, I'm only thinking about the breeding time.
On the other hand, what could I get if I breed the Jingle Shells with my newly evolved (level 4) Crystal Unicorn?

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 11:22 AM
And by the way, thank you all for the information you guys have been posting! I'm reading most of the posts, and really rooting for everyone to successfully get to the end of this Storybook!

LynsoKevin
12-05-15, 11:37 AM
How do use know that a turtile is needed for chapter 8? And does anyone who the elephants hatching time??

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 12:29 PM
I started late in the Storybook, and I'm still on chapter 3, having completed it and I'm waiting for chapter 4 to start. I can see that one of the requirements is to breed the Jingle Shells with another animal. What are you guys doing about it? I'm thinking what's the best idea, to breed it with the Pyro Pony (will I get another Pyro Pony? If so, awesome, since the breeding time is so short) or will I get a fire and electric animal, whose breeding times can vary from 11 to 21 hours?
I also thought about breeding the Jingle Shells with the Pandaffodil, which would probably produce a fairy ferret (3 hours) or a Thunderhawk (16 hours). I don't want any of these animals, to be honest, I'm only thinking about the breeding time.
On the other hand, what could I get if I breed the Jingle Shells with my newly evolved (level 4) Crystal Unicorn?

You won't get a Pyro Pony. No matter what you use at a minimum you can get any of the Electric/Fire hybrids. If you introduce other elements, you multiply the possibilities. I bred it with a Skyger to try for the Firefox you need to hatch in Chapter 5 and was lucky enough to get it but I think that outcome has a less than 1 in 3 chance of occurring.

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 12:42 PM
You won't get a Pyro Pony. No matter what you use at a minimum you can get any of the Electric/Fire hybrids. If you introduce other elements, you multiply the possibilities. I bred it with a Skyger to try for the Firefox you need to hatch in Chapter 5 and was lucky enough to get it but I think that outcome has a less than 1 in 3 chance of occurring.

Hi ninasidstorm8! Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I guess I was expecting too much, lol, to get a Pyro Pony from that combination. I like your idea, to try and hatch a Firefox, too. A less than 1 in 3 is not a bad chance, it's a little bit more than 30%... It's probably the best approach, come to think of it.

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 12:43 PM
How do use know that a turtile is needed for chapter 8? And does anyone who the elephants hatching time??

Post #147 by jojopeanut reports that Act 2 of Chapter 8 is to breed a torutise which I take to mean a Turtisle. It has been reported that the hatch time for the Toy Elephant is 8 hours and the Evolution time is 6 hours but I haven’t got that far yet to know for sure.

jojopeanut
12-05-15, 12:50 PM
I didn't take notes of all the acts sorry but I'm on the last act of chapter 10 which is raise your toy elephant to lvl 15 I don't have enough food yet. The firefox causing all the discussion has not been needed beyond the breeding and feeding back in those chapter's which worked great for me sense my firefox I already had was only lvl 10. The Tourtise will also need to be fed. But no breeding requirements with it either besides hatching.

LynsoKevin
12-05-15, 12:50 PM
Post #147 by jojopeanut reports that Act 2 of Chapter 8 is to breed a torutise which I take to mean a Turtisle. It has been reported that the hatch time for the Toy Elephant is 8 hours and the Evolution time is 6 hours but I haven’t got that far yet to know for sure.

That's a bummer because I have a turtisle in the nest just now.

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 12:51 PM
Hi ninasidstorm8! Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I guess I was expecting too much, lol, to get a Pyro Pony from that combination. I like your idea, to try and hatch a Firefox, too. A less than 1 in 3 is not a bad chance, it's a little bit more than 30%... It's probably the best approach, come to think of it.

Your welcome, the downside of that approach is you could get an Electric/Dark fail which are 17, 18,18, 19 and 23 hours. I figured it wouldn't cost me too much if it did't work out because I had a 17 hour egg in the nest at the time that I had to clear out anyway.

LynsoKevin
12-05-15, 12:52 PM
I didn't take notes of all the acts sorry but I'm on the last act of chapter 10 which is raise your toy elephant to lvl 15 I don't have enough food yet. The firefox causing all the discussion has not been needed beyond the breeding and feeding back in those chapter's which worked great for me sense my firefox I already had was only lvl 10. The Tourtise will also need to be fed. But no breeding requirements with it either besides hatching.

So can you confirm chapter 9?

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 01:06 PM
Your welcome, the downside of that approach is you could get an Electric/Dark fail which are 17, 18,18, 19 and 23 hours. I figured it wouldn't cost me too much if it did't work out because I had a 17 hour egg in the nest at the time that I had to clear out anyway.

Yeah, I thought of that, but worst case scenario, I can speed up the hatching, if I get a long fail. I still have some gems left from the sales and the promotional games, that I'm saving for this kind of situation ;)

I really hope, though, that I get a fail that I already have, if I'm to get a fail at all, because I have no room for new animals right now, lol! I had to get rid of some in the past couple days to clear some room for these required hatchings, and right now there's only one animal (a Rainguim) that I don't care if I have to sell :S

jojopeanut
12-05-15, 01:29 PM
So can you confirm chapter 9?
I apologize no I had a long work week worked 6 days straight. Yeaterday got the best of me I was very tired when completing this chapter. I know you need to feed your tourtise and you will be collecting (wish list) from harvesting. Chapter 10 Act 2 I can confirm collect 50 wishlist and final chapter raise toy elephant to 15 I'm on lvl 13 with him busy planting, harvesting BTW (195 GEMS) to skip this I'm not doing that..lol if only we could gift 5 apples to each neighbour we can't gift GEMS to..lol
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2015-12-05-12-36-36-1.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2015-12-05-12-36-36-1.png.html)

cardinalpsy
12-05-15, 01:44 PM
Chapter 9

cardinalpsy
12-05-15, 01:52 PM
Chapter 10 Good luck everyone.:)

jojopeanut
12-05-15, 02:00 PM
Thanks cardinalspy

In the mean time I'm making use of my breeding den and the FairyFerret I didn't need after this to try for HollyCollie

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 02:29 PM
Thank you for the info, cardinalpsy and jojopeanut for the screenshots :)

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 02:36 PM
I want to add my thanks for the information. I will make the job of finishing a lot easier for the rest of us.

ogreve
12-05-15, 04:06 PM
Ok so if all the steps were written down correctly we don't seem to need the Firefox anymore after stop 6.2 ("feed your Firefox 15 times")?
And... It seems the Fairy Ferret also doesn't require more than 20 feedings in an even earlier step, right?
That's great news because that means that I can then sell the Firefox and Fairy Ferret duplicates that I've been keeping.
The remaining 3 hours of Frightingale hatching were just sped away (I kept it for now, even if it's a duplicate) and the last 4 hours of 18 hour breeding were sped too. It's a Freezel which was disappointing as I just got one the other week and I was hoping it to be an Onyx Ox. Well, so it goes...
At least the good news is that with the Crystal Unicorn in the flower, I simply chose a straight Pyro Pony + Skyger breeding and got the desired 9 Hours Firefox timer. It will end conveniently just before the start of day 6 but by then there will still be 9 more hours of Freezel hatching and I don't think I want to speed all of that away. I did plant Rune Prunes earlier today for the 85 oddballs step. Maybe I'll speed just before those finish so I don't accidentally harvest them to early and can get on with matters. There should be no trouble in getting back on track again tomorrow. :)

MaribouMay
12-05-15, 04:42 PM
A huge thank you to cardinalpsy for chapters 9 & 10! It is tremendously helpful.

ThynaSmith
12-05-15, 04:58 PM
Ok so if all the steps were written down correctly we don't seem to need the Firefox anymore after stop 6.2 ("feed your Firefox 15 times")?
And... It seems the Fairy Ferret also doesn't require more than 20 feedings in an even earlier step, right?
That's great news because that means that I can then sell the Firefox and Fairy Ferret duplicates that I've been keeping.
The remaining 3 hours of Frightingale hatching were just sped away (I kept it for now, even if it's a duplicate) and the last 4 hours of 18 hour breeding were sped too. It's a Freezel which was disappointing as I just got one the other week and I was hoping it to be an Onyx Ox. Well, so it goes...
At least the good news is that with the Crystal Unicorn in the flower, I simply chose a straight Pyro Pony + Skyger breeding and got the desired 9 Hours Firefox timer. It will end conveniently just before the start of day 6 but by then there will still be 9 more hours of Freezel hatching and I don't think I want to speed all of that away. I did plant Rune Prunes earlier today for the 85 oddballs step. Maybe I'll speed just before those finish so I don't accidentally harvest them to early and can get on with matters. There should be no trouble in getting back on track again tomorrow. :)
Your posts are always useful, ogreve! Thanks for the input! It's good for me to remember to plant those pesky Rune Prunes when the time comes...

ninasidstorm8
12-05-15, 05:07 PM
I hatched my Firefox to complete Chapter 5 and collected my 8,000 Apples. Now I have 8 hours to wait for the start of Chapter 7. I decided to sell my Level 10 Firefox and keep the one I just hatched. Since I have a day or two of free breeding, I am going to return to trying for a Trick or Trent. Of course I received a Planther.

jojopeanut
12-05-15, 11:02 PM
Final evolution on ToyElephant 6 HRS

RockingHorse 15HR to hatchhttp://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2015-12-05-21-58-27-1.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2015-12-05-21-58-27-1.png.html)

MaribouMay
12-05-15, 11:25 PM
Final evolution on ToyElephant 6 HRS

RockingHorse 15HR to hatchhttp://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2015-12-05-21-58-27-1.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2015-12-05-21-58-27-1.png.html)

Congratulations!

pipokamommy
12-06-15, 12:58 AM
Im stuck no breeding firefox. The good part is already raised me jingle shells to levei 15 and now I'm hoarding food and already got a hot dog.... I'm limiting the breeding to skyger+pyro pony to avoid other more rare animals but failing... Any suggestions????

Sandybellee
12-06-15, 01:22 AM
Well, I hit a snag completing chapter 4. I decided to breed Jingle Shells with my Jade Kirin and got a 45-hour timer! It was the very first time for Jade Kirin in the breeding den! So, it's either another Jade Kirin or Crystal Unicorn or Ruby Razorback or Citrine Peregrine. Any of them is very welcome!

Now the problem is, I don't have enough gems to speed it up if I buy the winter habitat today like I was planning on... Will need to think about this... Maybe it would be less expensive to skip some Storybook steps instead. Really wish I had a gem sale! Haven't had one since Cyber Monday.

BiggerBubbles
12-06-15, 02:16 AM
I bred the frostfang with pandaffodil in chapter 5. I got a 6 hr timer, so assume I have a turtisle. I have been very careful not to put it in the nest so that when I have collected all the buttons at the end of chapter 6 I can put the toy elephant in the nest. What I want to know is if I leave it there when I get to chapter 8 act 2 and I have to 'breed' a turtisle will moving it from the breeding den to the nest work, or will I have to start again? Have others done it this way?

flowless
12-06-15, 02:43 AM
I bred the frostfang with pandaffodil in chapter 5. I got a 6 hr timer, so assume I have a turtisle. I have been very careful not to put it in the nest so that when I have collected all the buttons at the end of chapter 6 I can put the toy elephant in the nest. What I want to know is if I leave it there when I get to chapter 8 act 2 and I have to 'breed' a turtisle will moving it from the breeding den to the nest work, or will I have to start again? Have others done it this way?

Im doing the same
In previous stories
Moving to the nest is counted
So im hatching eggs that r in my storage till chapter 8

LynsoKevin
12-06-15, 03:06 AM
For chapter 6 step 4 it is 2 per hour. I set mystic mangos overnight ready to use this morning and it completed it right away.

ogreve
12-06-15, 03:37 AM
Well, I hit a snag completing chapter 4. I decided to breed Jingle Shells with my Jade Kirin and got a 45-hour timer! It was the very first time for Jade Kirin in the breeding den! So, it's either another Jade Kirin or Crystal Unicorn or Ruby Razorback or Citrine Peregrine. Any of them is very welcome!

Now the problem is, I don't have enough gems to speed it up if I buy the winter habitat today like I was planning on... Will need to think about this... Maybe it would be less expensive to skip some Storybook steps instead. Really wish I had a gem sale! Haven't had one since Cyber Monday.

WOW! Big congrats!!! I'd love to have your "problem". ;)
It's very impressive that JK did this on its first breeding attempt. Again I shall eagerly peek at your forest to see which egg goes to the nest...:P
As for what to do: I *think* that the habitat will stay on sale until the end of the Storybook comes for everyone. I guess that's next week Friday or so. To be on the safe side I too am waiting. I could buy one now but first there's about a day more left before the Fail Shales are cleared from the central blue plot that I'm clearing now. And... if I buy the habitat now, I don't have enough gems to speed a 45 hour fail away, should that be necessary, so I'll wait until I'm a bit further in the Storybook. Possible tomorrow when the plot clears I'll buy it though, as I think by then I don't really need the nest anymore for the Storybook. I'll have to take a close look at the steps and plan it properly.

In a few hours I'll have my first Crystal Unicorn at level 10 and then I should have some free breeding time! I'm not sure yet with what animal to pair it. I'd love a Jade Kirin particularly but any gem hybrid is great (I do have bought gem-nature ones though). Maybe I'll first try my luck with pairing it with the Pyro Pony so the fails will be really short, making the nest usage more optimal. The only thing is that a 9 hour Firefox egg is about to go to it, but well, at one moment or another such a gap was bound to appear...

BiggerBubbles
12-06-15, 03:44 AM
Im doing the same
In previous stories
Moving to the nest is counted
So im hatching eggs that r in my storage till chapter 8

Thanks for replying. Not game to try breeding again, don't want to waste gems speeding any boo boos. Had enough gems for the lovely habitat, but would have had very few left, so have just bought a fire habitat. Will stash the elephant somewhere else. Shame not to have them together, but that's the way it is. May hatch another egg like you, but not sure if I have room to put it. Have been pleased to do the 'feeding' on my lvl 10 fairy ferret and Firefox, so as not to waste apples on ones I'm going to sell. Thanks again.

Sandybellee
12-06-15, 05:23 AM
WOW! Big congrats!!! I'd love to have your "problem". ;)
It's very impressive that JK did this on its first breeding attempt. Again I shall eagerly peek at your forest to see which egg goes to the nest...:P
As for what to do: I *think* that the habitat will stay on sale until the end of the Storybook comes for everyone. I guess that's next week Friday or so. To be on the safe side I too am waiting. I could buy one now but first there's about a day more left before the Fail Shales are cleared from the central blue plot that I'm clearing now. And... if I buy the habitat now, I don't have enough gems to speed a 45 hour fail away, should that be necessary, so I'll wait until I'm a bit further in the Storybook. Possible tomorrow when the plot clears I'll buy it though, as I think by then I don't really need the nest anymore for the Storybook. I'll have to take a close look at the steps and plan it properly.

In a few hours I'll have my first Crystal Unicorn at level 10 and then I should have some free breeding time! I'm not sure yet with what animal to pair it. I'd love a Jade Kirin particularly but any gem hybrid is great (I do have bought gem-nature ones though). Maybe I'll first try my luck with pairing it with the Pyro Pony so the fails will be really short, making the nest usage more optimal. The only thing is that a 9 hour Firefox egg is about to go to it, but well, at one moment or another such a gap was bound to appear...

Good luck with Crystal Unicorn breeding!

I bought the habitat... Just didn't have the patience to wait any longer for it. I will have to see what I'll do about speeding tomorrow. Worst case scenario, I'll have to buy the 120 gem package at full price if I don't get a sale soon and need to speed or skip something. If I do get a sale, I will probably top up my gems ready for Christmas too. :)

natxjkkggg
12-06-15, 06:42 AM
Hallo jojopeanut,
What has been the exact 3 or 4 points at chapter 8??
And howmany oddball Buttons and wonderous wishlists are given per hour plants??

ninasidstorm8
12-06-15, 06:58 AM
This morning's activities went as planned for Chapter 6. I harvested two farms of my overnight Nexus Nuts and planted them with Aurora Apples 4 times each to complete Act 1. Fed my level 1 Firefox 15 times to take it through level 3 to complete Act 2 and Act 3 completed immediately since my Jingle Shells is already at level 15. Harvested the reaming 4 farms of Nexus Nuts and planted Charm Cherries. I have since harvested two crops of Charm Cherries and planted a third. I have 11 more buttons to collect so I should have Chapter 6 done in a couple hours.

I have seen it reported at least once but in case anyone missed it, it looks like you get 2 Oddball Buttons for each hour of crop time when harvesting. I received 10 buttons for each of my 4 crops of Nexus Nuts (5 hours) and 2 for each of my 12 crops of Charm Cherries (1 hour). I harvested 2 crops of Aurora Apples (3 minutes) and didn't get any. That doesn't mean you can't, just the odds are low (maybe 1 in 20) to get them. I have received harvesting tokens in the past for crops that take less than an hour.

ogreve
12-06-15, 07:35 AM
Short note: in chapter 6.4 I got 2 oddball buttons per growing hour.
I'm right back on track again and need the Firefox to clear the nest so I can hatch the Toy Elephant.
My first CU breeding was with the Pyro Pony and it gave... Another Pyro Pony :P

ninasidstorm8
12-06-15, 11:11 AM
Now that I have completed Chapter 6, I need a plan going forward. Of the remaining Acts in the Storybook, I have two objectives that I have decided to focus on going forward. Raise my Toy Elephant to level 15 as early as possible and Breed a Turtisle for Chapter 8. I have a Money Badger in the Evolution Flower that will be ready shortly after the start of Chapter 7. Once it is complete, I will be able to devote the Evolution Flower to raising the Toy Elephant to level 15.

I have a Plantler( 10 hours) in the nest and a Frightengale in the Breeding Den . Since the Frightengale will not be making its way to the nest and hatched until close to the time that Day 8 will start, my next breeding attempt will be for a Turtisle. Following is my Breeding and Evolution schedule for the today and tomorrow:

DAY 6 + 13.5 hours: Hatch Plantler and sell it. Place Toy Elephant in Nest to hatch
Day 6 + 19.5 hours: Hatch Toy Elephant and move Frightengale egg to nest. Breed Water/Nature to get a Turtisle.
Day 7 + .5: Remove level 15 Money Badger from the Evolution Flower and put Toy Elephant into Evolution Flower.
Day 7 + 6.5: Toy Elephant to level 4 complete and back into the flower for level 10
Day 7 + 12.5: Toy Elephant to level 10 complete and back into the flower for level 15
Day 7 + 14.5: Frightengale hatched and sold off nest. My first try for a Turtisle can be moved to Nest
Day 7 + 18.5 Toy Elephant leaves Evolution Flower at Level 15.

If I get a Turtisle on my first try, it will be in the nest and ready to hatch 3 1/2 hours before the start of Chapter 8 but that is too small a time frame to try to breed anything else without speeding. If it is not a Turtisle, I can try to breed another one before Day 7 even starts. If I get one on the first try, my Breeding Den will be free from Storybook constraints for the rest of the event.

I can easily meet the Toy Elephant evolution requirements for the event although, they may occur later than the schedule I have outlined since the Money Badger will leave the evolution Flower in the middle of the night and I do not plan to wake up early to get it started as soon as possible. I will have two level 1 Turtisles ready for future feeding steps, so I won’t need to evolve 1 unless I choose to. If I fail to breed a Turtisle in the first 2 attempts, it looks like I can still finish the Event successfully if I can breed one by Day 9 or two more days. I doubt it will take that long to breed a common. Only the Harvesting tasks in the remaining Acts should take any significant amount of time and the time to complete them can be easily mitigated by planning for them properly, now that we know what they are.

LonePudding
12-06-15, 11:33 AM
Congrats Sandybellee! So many possible outcomes, let us know which one pops out!

ThynaSmith
12-06-15, 11:36 AM
Wow, Sandybellee, that's an awesome outcome!

Sandybellee
12-06-15, 11:41 AM
Thanks, LonePudding and ThynaSmith!

Yes, it's really exciting not to know which one it is! I'm not even sure which one I'm hoping for the most. I'll let you know when I see the egg. :)

ThynaSmith
12-06-15, 11:42 AM
So, in my attempt to get a firefox, by breeding the Jingle Shells with a Skyger (trying to **** two steps in one), I ended up with an 18 hours fail, lol. I with I hadn't got a fail now, specially one that I'm actually going to keep, because now I have to let some other animal go. I'm quite happy about getting an Onyx Ox, a super rare that I didn't have before, so, I'm not going to complain, lol. Sorry Volcamel, you'll have to go :p

flowless
12-06-15, 11:47 AM
Congrats thynasmith
Those fails are always welcome :)

By the way anyone knows prize for chapter 8&9 these are the only info missing
I wonder more runes :) hope so or gems or apples

ThynaSmith
12-06-15, 12:47 PM
Congrats thynasmith
Those fails are always welcome :)

By the way anyone knows prize for chapter 8&9 these are the only info missing
I wonder more runes :) hope so or gems or apples
Thank you, flowless!
Yeah, I'd like to know that info as well... Probably one of them is that boat that appears on the splash screen...
Edit: sorry, never mind! The boat is a prize for another chapter. I think it's probably apples, I remember something like that from previous storybooks. As much as I like the decorations, it's not like there's much space left for them... I only have a spot that's not big enough for a habitat, to the left of the nest, and all my decorations are "hoarded" there, lol. A pretty sad sight.

jojopeanut
12-06-15, 02:02 PM
I just hatched my RockingHorse he is sooo cute he rocks around the habitat his little maine bouncing. I can't wait for everyone to finish.. So excited for you all to see him and enjoy :)

EDIT I see some discussion on the boat it's 4 square decoration.

Drachenia
12-06-15, 03:47 PM
Here the remaining tasks:

Chapter 8 (3 Acts)

1. Raise your Toy Elephant to level 7. (Skip: 17Gem20px)
2. Hatch a Turtisle. (Skip: Gem20px)
3. Raise your Jingle Shells to level 15. (Skip: Gem20px)
Prize:

Chapter 9 (4 Acts)

1. Plant 5 Aura Apples. (Skip: 15Gem20px)
2. Raise your Toy Elephant to level 10. (Skip: 20Gem20px)
3. Collect 40 Wonderous Wishlist from Harvesting. (Skip: 40Gem20px)
4. Feed your Turtisle 18 times. (Skip: 36Gem20px)
Prize:

Chapter 10 (4 Acts)

1. Harvest 5 Misfigs. (Skip: 20Gem20px)
2. Feed your Turtisle 12 times. (Skip: 24Gem20px)
3. Collect 50 Wonderous Wishlist from Harvesting. (Skip: 60Gem20px)
4. Raise your Toy Elephant to level 15. (Skip: 195Gem20px)
Prize: 1 Rocking Horse

sweetdeda
12-06-15, 04:08 PM
I just hatched my RockingHorse he is sooo cute he rocks around the habitat his little maine bouncing. I can't wait for everyone to finish.. So excited for you all to see him and enjoy :)

EDIT I see some discussion on the boat it's 4 square decoration.
Had to visit you to have a peek, he sure is cute! Congrats on finishing.

jojopeanut
12-06-15, 04:20 PM
Had to visit you to have a peek, he sure is cute! Congrats on finishing.
Thank you I'm really excited for everyone to finish. I think their going to enjoy it. It'll also be interesting to see what fighter he turns out to be. Although I decided mines a she.. ;)

EDIT: Once I have my food back up and can feed her and my Uniconcopia up they'll really look good together in the habitat.

RowanaFarrin
12-06-15, 04:51 PM
Slowly making my way through the chapters fairly well so far. I'm a bit anxious that we have to do a third common breeding in this one, but I think Turtisle shouldn't be too hard and there are "fails" I don't have yet which is always nice! Thank you everyone for all the useful information posted! It helps me plan ahead so I can finish chapters quickly.

I also went ahead and bought the Winter Wonderland habitat and I have to say, I am glad I did. I think it's one of the prettiest habitats in my forest! I love the way the aurora goes in the background the cute little bridge in the middle. I can't wait to put my other toy and/or christmas critters in it!

ThynaSmith
12-06-15, 07:31 PM
Thank you, Drachenia, for the information on the last chapters!

natxjkkggg
12-07-15, 03:19 AM
There is a correction You get 4 oddball Buttons per Hour food and not 2 als was written. This cost me a loss of many Food because I take to many farms with to long Time the Night before !!!!

ogreve
12-07-15, 03:45 AM
There is a correction You get 4 oddball Buttons per Hour food and not 2 als was written. This cost me a loss of many Food because I take to many farms with to long Time the Night before !!!!

That's really odd. For me there was no mistake in what I wrote: my 20 hour Rune Prunes all gave me 40 Oddball Buttons, i.e. 2 per hour. Are you absolutely sure you got 4 per hour?

sweetdeda
12-07-15, 03:49 AM
I only received 2 per hour also.
I fell asleep last night and forgot to put toy elephant in to evolve, now I'm a little behind where I want to be. Still have time and everything but prefer to have more cushion time in case I get hung up.

natxjkkggg
12-07-15, 03:52 AM
Ogreve no I am not.I lost the survey! Sorry for posting quicker than having thinked about!!

ogreve
12-07-15, 03:58 AM
Ogreve no I am not.I lost the survey! Sorry for posting quicker than having thinked about!!

No problem; ever since the Patriotter tournament (which all of a sudden disappeared and then was reset for many players) I've been making screenshots of lots of things in FFS, just in case I need to send them to support (I also take screenshots during tournaments so I don't have to update my post every hour and simply do so in batches using the pictures for the information).
Now, even if you did get 4 per hour, I only got 2 per hour, so for those who still have to reach that step, it's wisest to take the 2 per hour amount in mind, even if just in case...:P

ogreve
12-07-15, 04:06 AM
Hey all,

I wanted to share a "moment of beauty" with you all.
This morning the central blue plot was finally cleared of the foliage and I bought the new habitat. I think it goes really beautifully where I put it. In due time I would like to see it flanked by Gem habitats all around, such that the Winter Wonderland will be a kind of "Central Park in a Gem shelf" there :)

For a long foreseeable time though such is not likely to be the case as I don't want to have empty habitats around it and gem breeding sure don't come easy for me. :O

Wow! I really *love* this new habitat. Bummer they come at 200 gems each. :(
I must say, we may not always agree with TL's commercial choices (like taking Treasure away, grrrrr!), but their art department sure does a real fine job! :D

sweetdeda
12-07-15, 04:19 AM
Very Nice Ogreve! I have to agree TL did great with this habitat. I love how jingle shells walks over the bridge!

0tyPrincess
12-07-15, 04:52 AM
Can the Firefox be already in the nest to complete the goal?

Scribbles138
12-07-15, 04:53 AM
Can the Firefox be already in the nest to complete the goal?

Yes...during Storybooks hatching counts as either moving the egg into the nest or taking it out.

0tyPrincess
12-07-15, 04:56 AM
Yes...during Storybooks hatching counts as either moving the egg into the nest or taking it out.

Thank you

natxjkkggg
12-07-15, 05:03 AM
Hallo ogreve, of course I got only 2 buttons per hour. By the way your forest is outstanding!!!

Sandybellee
12-07-15, 07:37 AM
I haven't had time to think things through yet what to do about the gem timer and Storybook steps but I will definitely speed the rest of the breeding at some point tonight.
I got 10 gems by hatching Reckless Roc but those won't help too much. I'm hoping to get a gem sale tomorrow but by that time I will already be behind on the storybook if I don't manage to get a Firefox by some miracle when breeding Frostfang with a dark-fire animal tonight.

@ogreve: The habitats look gorgeous together on the blue shelf!

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 08:13 AM
I haven't had time to think things through yet what to do about the gem timer and Storybook steps but I will definitely speed the rest of the breeding at some point tonight.
I got 10 gems by hatching Reckless Roc but those won't help too much. I'm hoping to get a gem sale tomorrow but by that time I will already be behind on the storybook if I don't manage to get a Firefox by some miracle when breeding Frostfang with a dark-fire animal tonight.

@ogreve: The habitats look gorgeous together on the blue shelf!

I would think hard before speeding things up. From my perspective S8 has set up Chapters 6 & 7 as catch-up Chapters if you fall behind. With some planning, both can be completed in one day by planning out the harvesting steps. In addition, Chapters 9 & 10 are exercises in planning your harvesting assuming you have an empty Evolution Flower and plenty of food.

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 08:30 AM
This morning went well. I harvested my overnight crops and planted Aurora Apples to complete Chapter 7 Act 1. Removed my level 15 Money Badger from the Evolution Flower and put the Toy Elephant into the Flower.

I guess I missed that there was a 3rd Act to Chapter 7 but had I noticed before, I am not sure I would have done anything different. I just removed my Toy Elephant from the Evolution Flower at level 4 which completed Act 2. I fed my Toy Elephant through level 9 and put it back in the Flower. Now I have the rest of the day (16+ hours) to collect 50 oddball buttons.

I have a Frightingale in the nest scheduled to hatch in about 8.5 hours. Last night, I bred a Turtisle and it is in the Breeding Den waiting for Chapter 8. I'll have to do some thinking on whether to move it to the nest when I can or if it is a good time to get an egg out of storage.

So far so good. I hope things are going as well for everyone else.

Sandybellee
12-07-15, 08:33 AM
I would think hard before speeding things up. From my perspective S8 has set up Chapters 6 & 7 as catch-up Chapters if you fall behind. With some planning, both can be completed in one day by planning out the harvesting steps. In addition, Chapters 9 & 10 are exercises in planning your harvesting assuming you have an empty Evolution Flower and plenty of food.

Thanks so much! I will take another look at all the steps. Right now I'm at 5.1: breed Frostfang with another animal and then I need the Firefox. So breeding luck will have a big effect on how I can proceed.
At the moment I have about 13 hours of breeding + 45 hours of hatching left for the gem animal. The breeding would end in the middle of the night, so I want to get the egg on the nest before going to sleep.
It's really good to know chapters 6 and 7 can be completed in one day! That gives me more options. :)

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 08:44 AM
Thanks so much! I will take another look at all the steps. Right now I'm at 5.1: breed Frostfang with another animal and then I need the Firefox. So breeding luck will have a big effect on how I can proceed.
At the moment I have about 13 hours of breeding + 45 hours of hatching left for the gem animal. The breeding would end in the middle of the night, so I want to get the egg on the nest before going to sleep.
It's really good to know chapters 6 and 7 can be completed in one day! That gives me more options. :)

You are welcome, the Breed the Firefox and Breed a Turtisle are the two wildcard tasks in this Storybook and I had some very good luck with both. Although I figure breeding a FireFox as part of Breed Frostfang with another animal has a less that 1 in 3 chance to get a Firefox, I managed to get a Firefox by breeding a Firefox with the Frostfang. I bred a Turstile on the first try last night and it's sitting in my Breeding Den right now waiting for Chapter 8 to start tomorrow. If you are waiting for a gem animal to clear the nest anyway, then the long times of Electric/Dark fails will not impact you much if you happen to get one trying to get a Firefox while breeding with a Frostfang. It is might be worth a shot.

Good Luck.

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 08:50 AM
In case anyone was wondering if the collection rate of Oddball buttons varied between Chapters 6 & 7 I received 2 Oddball Buttons for each hour of harvesting time each time.

ogreve
12-07-15, 08:55 AM
Well, well, well… …look what the cat dragged in… :P

It looks like I’ve just created an interesting new challenge for myself. :P
I was having some fun with my Crystal Unicorn + Pyro Pony to see how many bombs I would get on average from the 1 hour breedings, as well as this way having a ‘clear nest’ to easily work with for overnight hatchings. The main aim of this breeding combination is of course clear: a MUCH desired Ruby Razorback, and then on my 10th attempt with this breeding combination I got just that! I had never expected to get one this soon! WOW! Massively cool! :)

Of course this happened only a few hours after I bought the Winter Wonderland habitat this morning, but… again, I’m not complaining, much rather: I’m cheering! :D

Now, I am a bit short on gems for speeding all of it away, nor do I want to do this. This is an excellent outcome but it does cause some logistics juggling that I’ll have to do.

Firstly, I just finished the Storybook’s Day 7 acts, and I only need the nest for one more thing: hatching a Turtisle (step 8.2).
With some planning, I should be able to postpone that step quite a bit (not 90 hours though). I’m going to have to wrap my head around some ways of making some of my agendas meet. One of those agendas used to be to hatch my animals from storage. Lately expansions have come so slowly though that I have largely let go of that agenda, and I’m now only “conservatively hatching” animals into my forest.

There are a few animals I really want in the forest though, so I shall focus on those. One of them would obviously be my second Crystal Unicorn. Had it not been for the Storybook, I would probably have chosen that one, but at this time I’m not sure yet when I’m going to have to do some speeding of the Ruby Razorback breeding/hatching, so I don’t want to run into the situation where I may have to clear a long breeding AND a long hatching. So, as much as I would have liked to do so, the Crystal Unicorn will have to wait.

For starters I then selected to hatch my freshly won North Polarbear as I think it’s a beauty and will go really nicely in the Winter Wonderland habitat. After that one hatches (conveniently tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m., the time I normally get up) I’ll have to put in “something else”, be it the Ruby Razorback already, or something else.

I did some thinking and partial math.
I have a level 10 Turtisle, so I COULD skip step 8.2 ("hatch a Turtisle”) for 25 gems and give that up to 25 feedings. Not enough for ALL of the Storybook steps (which require 18 + 12 = 30 feedings), so whatever I do, I shall have to get another Turtisle anyway, and I think that’s best done as early as possible.

The crucial moment that I can’t get past without speeding something is step 10.2. Fortunately, that step is towards the end, so with very careful planning it CAN be postponed, but care must be taken. My Toy Elephant is currently evolving to level 10 and it can go to epic level right after that, gaining precious time for the remaining acts, including the very last one. The step to collect the 50 wishlists can largely be taken care of with a single Rune Prunes advance planting, IF it’s 2 wishlists per hour growing time.

Hmmm. I would like to hatch some more animals, like the Rock Candy Rhino (17h) and/or maybe even the Fluffy (16h) or Thankfowl (18h) too.
But… I may stick with only hatching the North Polarbear now and speed the breeding of the Ruby somewhat, breed the Emerald Dragon with my Frostfang (or with a nature-water animal) and try to get the Turtisle early in the den. A long fail could then be “accomodated for”, with a chance 45 hours fail requiring a small gem acquisition and any other fail by simply sitting it out.
This sounds smart, as that way I get to enjoy seeing the Ruby egg for a while on the nest and can speed the remainder of that away as late as possible, so as to not endanger the Storybook, yet saving as many precious gems as possible.

Incidentally, this morning my food stock just reached the 300K amount, so I already fed my Crystal Unicorn to the point where it only needs to be evolved to become an epic. It looks like the perfect time to do that is when the Ruby egg goes to the nest and then to use two Turtisles for the feeding steps instead of needing a baby one to evolve.

Wow, my forest is in overdrive today! :P

saucysammis
12-07-15, 09:28 AM
Ha Haaaaaaaaa ! A game that makes you think! Or not. Congratulations on your ruby razorback. The only gem animal I've bred is the unicorn and that was last March. I guess I better step it up. Also congrats on the habitat. I have mine inbetween two grand gem habitats (bought on a sale and one being empty for six months, the first having been empty for a few months also)

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 09:41 AM
Well, well, well… …look what the cat dragged in… :P

It looks like I’ve just created an interesting new challenge for myself. :P
I was having some fun with my Crystal Unicorn + Pyro Pony to see how many bombs I would get on average from the 1 hour breedings, as well as this way having a ‘clear nest’ to easily work with for overnight hatchings. The main aim of this breeding combination is of course clear: a MUCH desired Ruby Razorback, and then on my 10th attempt with this breeding combination I got just that! I had never expected to get one this soon! WOW! Massively cool! :)

Of course this happened only a few hours after I bought the Winter Wonderland habitat this morning, but… again, I’m not complaining, much rather: I’m cheering! :D

Now, I am a bit short on gems for speeding all of it away, nor do I want to do this. This is an excellent outcome but it does cause some logistics juggling that I’ll have to do.

Wow, my forest is in overdrive today! :P

Congratulations on getting it so quickly, I am at 190 unsuccessful tries for a Gem Hybrid , so it's quite an accomplishment. It's a shame you don't have a spare baby Turtisle around. I am sure you will be able to figure out a way to complete the Storybook Adventure as well.

Good Luck.

ThynaSmith
12-07-15, 10:38 AM
I completely agree with you, ogreve! I love the artwork for this game, which is the main reason is my favorite game, hehe. I guess that's why I didn't get so into Dragon Story... their art is not really top notch as this one is, imo.

orleansparish
12-07-15, 10:59 AM
Here the remaining tasks:

Chapter 8 (3 Acts)

1. Raise your Toy Elephant to level 7. (Skip: 17Gem20px)
2. Hatch a Turtisle. (Skip: Gem20px)
3. Raise your Jingle Shells to level 15. (Skip: Gem20px)
Prize:

Chapter 9 (4 Acts)

1. Plant 5 Aura Apples. (Skip: 15Gem20px)
2. Raise your Toy Elephant to level 10. (Skip: 20Gem20px)
3. Collect 40 Wonderous Wishlist from Harvesting. (Skip: 40Gem20px)
4. Feed your Turtisle 18 times. (Skip: 36Gem20px)
Prize:

Chapter 10 (4 Acts)

1. Harvest 5 Misfigs. (Skip: 20Gem20px)
2. Feed your Turtisle 12 times. (Skip: 24Gem20px)
3. Collect 50 Wonderous Wishlist from Harvesting. (Skip: 60Gem20px)
4. Raise your Toy Elephant to level 15. (Skip: 195Gem20px)
Prize: 1 Rocking Horse

Thanks for confirming Chapter 8 for me. I just saw Turtle on the front page. I think I'm doing. Good. I just put my jingle shells in to get to level 14. My toy elephant is level 10 already. I'm about to start trying to breed a turtisle. Which stinks because I'm STILL trying to breed a treent. While I'm waiting for it to start I'll plant some more five hour crops to replenish my food stock. I'm down to around 40000.

I think the thing that messes people up with these types of events is the feedings needed. I always plant food and try not to go below 100000 ever, as it helps. Especially knowing we will get these things every month. And I really want that rocking horse! It's sad because dragon is played much more than this game and their lousy *****ing with the battle odds have kept me from not finishing the last two or three like these. I refuse to use gold anymore.

I just need to work on my breeding, because it stinks again and I need more space. Right now I have 18 animals in storage just bursting to get out and play with the others. I have so many habitats I can still buy and the money to purchase them or upgrade but lack space.

Good luck everyone!

ogreve
12-07-15, 02:01 PM
Can anyone tell me if the "Wonderous Wishlist" items are 2 per growing hour, or only 1?
I think I've got most of the strategy for handling the Ruby worked out but the above is key information for backtracking the absolute deadlines for speeding, etc.

Sandybellee
12-07-15, 05:16 PM
Well, this couldn't have gone any better considering the circumstances! The 45-hour timer turned out to be Citrine Peregrine, a new gem hybrid for me, and I bred Frostfang with Dusky and got a 9-hour Firefox timer, so chapter 5 completes when I move that egg to the nest! Yay! :)

ThynaSmith
12-07-15, 05:19 PM
Well, this couldn't have gone any better considering the circumstances! The 45-hour timer turned out to be Citrine Peregrine, a new gem hybrid for me, and I bred Frostfang with Dusky and got a 9-hour Firefox timer, so chapter 5 completes when I move that egg to the nest! Yay! :)

That's just soooooo cool, Sandybellee! Congratulations on your new ultra rare!!

ThynaSmith
12-07-15, 05:22 PM
I thought I had gotten an Onyx Ox while trying for the Firefox, but it's actually a Bansheep. One of the ugliest animals, in my opinion, lol, but it's cool nonetheless, since it's a creature I didn't have before. I got the Firefox in my second attempt, by the way.

Sandybellee
12-07-15, 05:22 PM
That's just soooooo cool, Sandybellee! Congratulations on your new ultra rare!!

Thank you, Thyna! :) Now I just need to calculate if I need to speed the egg off the nest and by how many hours. But that will have to wait until tomorrow - now I'm off to sleep! What a way to end the day! :)

Glad you got the Firefox! I also got a Bansheep a little while ago. Always good to get new animals - and I actually find it pretty cute (at least as a baby and a juvenile).

ninasidstorm8
12-07-15, 05:38 PM

Congratulations, I am glad to hear it worked out for you. Hopefully the rest of the Storybook Adventure will go as well.

Gweenykay
12-08-15, 12:07 AM
Turtisle is my sticking point. Now a third 11hr fail after a 14hr Chilly Goat. All my Black Friday gems are disappearing in speeding for nothing, (I have all the fail animals)! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh so frustrating!

woowoo69
12-08-15, 12:23 AM
With just under an hour to go for the start of day 8 I have a turtisle in the nest and another in the den both bred with turtisle and pandaffodill. My existing turtisle is level 4 so will get fed and the two newbies will be sold. Jingle shells and toy elephant are both epic so the only think I need to concentrate on to the end is planting and harvesting. I was lucky to have stockpiled 240k food and still have 70k. I don't have a crystal unicorn yet. I had one on my old account which I got quite easily but nothing on this one. I have done a first with this storybook and bought the habitat, my first gem habitat.

Gweenykay
12-08-15, 12:30 AM
I'll try that combo next for Turtisle! Then we need to replenish our stocks to feed the rocking horse!

catfoodie
12-08-15, 12:48 AM
Does anyone knows how much food needed to rise Toy Elephant to level 15?