PDA

View Full Version : ONE Habitat or THREE?? What would you do? Suggestions/Opinions needed

blackeneddove
11-30-15, 04:52 PM
Ok, I thought I would see if I could get some advice.

I've been eyeing the Ballroom habitat for a week now, but it just dawned on me: I have just enough gold to buy THREE smaller habitats (which hold 3 dragons each) or ONE habitat that holds 4 dragons.

Kinda seems like a no-brainer to buy 3 habitats instead of one, but I'm torn. (I'm a Big fan of Beauty & the Beast :o)

What would you do? Any advice/suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated! :)

mayday2001
11-30-15, 05:27 PM
If u are level 140 you will soon get to the point where u may be short on space or habitats. I would buy the 4 dragon one and buy smaller ones with coins for now. Once u reach level 175 and up you will be glad to have that extra room.

blackeneddove
11-30-15, 05:31 PM
If u are level 140 you will soon get to the point where u may be short on space or habitats. I would buy the 4 dragon one and buy smaller ones with coins for now. Once u reach level 175 and up you will be glad to have that extra room.

Thanks for the suggestion! That is a good point you've made. :)

devlinholics
11-30-15, 05:54 PM
I do not think I am giving opinion since I am pretty new only lvl50+ but I just say what if it was me

I would just go for design first this is the most important for me ... Because it will never grow old or bored for a Long time but that is me...

Take winter lily for example... I love the dragon a lot although it is just rare... Ice queen is Super rare n limited n only 300gold.... I like ice queen but I love winter lily... If winter lily is limited n at 300gold, during the last day of breeding if I cannot get I would just purchase it for 300gold if by any means if it is worth it or affordable to me. ( do remember if I am patience I can wait for it to launch again or maybe it is availed in future as a spinning wheel prize)

Habitats since it is always available... But it is just a matter of you get it now for 250gold or 500gold in future or just wait for another sale again in future

Hope that helps

DeeDe99
11-30-15, 06:16 PM
I know that feeling - I was debating about buying a second or two smaller ones. I've set up a Dragon Tales area on my island and put all the Dragon Tales (that I have done) habitats and dragons together. I'm into themes - I have Mr & Mr Lotus together, the Starlight, Nightlight and Blue Moon together etc etc

Anyway, I'd say if you are a big Beauty and the Beast fan, buy the habitat. It might not come back, at least not for a long time, and you will regret that you didn't get it.

If you just need habitat space, I'm with Mayday - buy the cheap coin ones as a temporary solution, but spend gold on habitats you REALLY want and like.

blackeneddove
11-30-15, 09:04 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions & time you took to reply to me! I really appreciate it. :)

DeeDe99 - I'm into themes, too. I once had 5 justice dragons from a bout of trying to breed unicorn & I decided to keep them all & name them after members of the Justice League. lol :D That is... until I needed space & had to sell some. :eek:

I'm not quite at the running-out-of-space-stage yet, but I do feel like I don't have enough room just because expanding takes forever.

I will probably just get the ballroom habitat, even if I can't finish the tales (which will make me sad). Actually, I may wait to see if I finish, then decide to buy - except the other habitats will be off sale by then... *sigh*

Oh well. Idk what i'm gonna do. I know I will be more likely to buy smaller habitats in the future for 200 gold/ea, versus getting a larger habitat for 500 gold... EVER. That's just too much gold for me to spend on a habitat. I'll never do it. lol. Half-price I can do. Full price? "Fuhgeddaboudit.":cool:

sugarteddys
12-01-15, 04:35 AM
girrllllll, if you have some gold to spare, and coins to spare, grow expensive food and buy a bit of it that you cant grow fast enough, and BAM! beauty and the beast collection complete! good luck! :cool: :o

amalsaba
12-01-15, 05:25 AM
I do not think I am giving opinion since I am pretty new only lvl50+ but I just say what if it was me

I would just go for design first this is the most important for me ... Because it will never grow old or bored for a Long time but that is me...

Take winter lily for example... I love the dragon a lot although it is just rare... Ice queen is Super rare n limited n only 300gold.... I like ice queen but I love winter lily... If winter lily is limited n at 300gold, during the last day of breeding if I cannot get I would just purchase it for 300gold if by any means if it is worth it or affordable to me. ( do remember if I am patience I can wait for it to launch again or maybe it is availed in future as a spinning wheel prize)

Habitats since it is always available... But it is just a matter of you get it now for 250gold or 500gold in future or just wait for another sale again in future

Hope that helps
I bred both ice queen and winter lily in no time!

belarica
12-01-15, 10:10 AM
I bought the ballroom, I only buy habitats that hold 4 dragons

blackeneddove
12-01-15, 11:20 AM
girrllllll, if you have some gold to spare, and coins to spare, grow expensive food and buy a bit of it that you cant grow fast enough, and BAM! beauty and the beast collection complete! good luck! :cool: :o

LOL! You're so funny sugarteddys ;) Thanks for the luck!

blackeneddove
12-01-15, 11:24 AM
I bought the ballroom, I only buy habitats that hold 4 dragons

Congrats! Did you get to finish the tale, too? I'm struggling with having enough food :(

blackeneddove
12-01-15, 11:26 AM
I bred both ice queen and winter lily in no time!

Wow! Congratuations, amalsaba! :) I managed to breed Ice Queen (got lucky!!:cool:) But have been trying super hard for Winter Lily and no luck. :( Not to get too off topic of this thread (not that it will matter in 5 minutes anyway) but do you remember who you used for your Winter Lily?

Simdiva
12-01-15, 11:46 AM
I used to buy those smaller habitats for decorative reasons and have six if the storm habitats on my island and a few others. I felt they were better coin wise as well but now that I have all the dawn trees done, that's no longer an issue and besides with all my diamonds I'm taking in millions a day. I'm not too concerned about space and expansions seem to go fairly quick but I am concerned about the eventual habitat limit. For that reason, I now only purchase the tales habitats and the themed habitats during world events if they hold four dragons. I did make an exception and purchased a candy land for lollipop and bubblegum so I could move primo to the sugar habitat for better coin and delete one of the big rainbow habitats which I don't care much for anyhow. Agin, I try to theme everything as much as possible. Watch I will need it next week and have to spend that million again lol. Anyhow I think you get the drift that most of us are on.