PDA

View Full Version : Don't be angry, hatch dragons instead!

sugarteddys
11-30-15, 08:14 AM
here is why i love this game, despite all its "flaws"

1-the technicalities and excitement, and unexpectedness of breeding. i have found i love researching and planning, be it food or breeding a certain dragon, or expansion plans, i love it all \o/

2-the prizes you get for nothing, like tales, spin to win, tournaments, world events etc. this game is about breeding (or buying) so all these are just bonuses, that we should appreciate. i remember i hadn't updated my DS app, and didn't have any of the new features for android, so trust me, its a lot more interesting now.

3-THE COMMUNITY. i love you all :P <3

4-THE CHALLENGE. i was a very passionate player in 'bakery story' but once i hit about level 55, i quit (soon finding dragon story). reason being, i had 8 million coins, i had no desire to do anything on that game, since even after buying decor i liked, and decorating my bakery how i liked etc etc, its quests are very repititive, with just changes in theme, THINGS ROT, and theres just nothing to get excited about after you get to a high level. like i said before, i LOVE planning for this game. admittedly im on vacation now, so i have more time, but even during exams, its what i used to destress, and i love how it keeps my mind active, and is something that you can analyse and plan for.

ok SO, unless you're someone who has 500+ dragons there is no reason for you to get upset over the difficulty level of the game/tales etc. there has GOT TO BE A DIFFERENCE between players who play all the time and people who dont, people who spend gold/money and people who dont, players on level 150+ and players on level 55. missing the beauty dragon isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of dragons for you unless you have the 500-600 other dragons, which obviously hardly anyone does. i love how this game challenges you, and isn't like bakery story where almost everything is availible to you after a certain amount of coins and level, it keeps on changing and twisting, releasing dragons, limited dragons etc.

if you DONT get the beauty dragon due to your low level or lack of food, or lack of time to play, dont stress, CHILL. aim for something else, like all the pink hybrids (what i want personally :P) or just expanding more, or collecting money, or getting all dragons out of storage or anything you want. ITS A GAME, if you're getting angry like its the purpose of your life, then PLAY LIKE ITS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LIFE and i can almost guarentee you will win the beauty dragon. if you prioritize your life over the game, then get to a new level in your life and dont be mad about the game prizes you miss out on.

disclaimer : this isnt for the people who had glitches and have lost their gold due to misclick etc. yes i posted this on the wiki too, but just thought id post it here too :p

JMThrive
11-30-15, 11:13 AM
There is a difference between being "difficult" and impossible. This quest requires 347,420 food. 342,960 for Beast + 38,460 for Cursed Rose - 34,000 received as reward = 347,420. If you were a newbie and jumped right in that would require you to get 34,742 fire apples a day which would require 17 rounds of Rushrooms per day. If you had the stamina you could just do 9 hours of Upgrapes. If you used Diamondates it would require 62 crops of those at 5 hours each which would be 310 hours, but you only have 10 days which is 240 hours, which leaves you 70 hours short. So if you started right away and didn't have any food saved up it is impossible unless you spend gold.

Let's say you waited until 11/24 to start, that would give you an additional 4 days to farm which would be 96 hours which would give you a 26 hours extra. But that is only if you can log in every 5 hours to harvest and then replant. Which for most of us with lives in the real world an impossibility.

So I think that is what the real issue issue. Yes make it difficult, but don't make it impossible unless you devote your life to playing the game every 5 hours over 14 days.

Thanks to members of this board that posted a heads up about the upcoming event days before it was released so that I was able to save up enough food prior to starting so that I could finish this event

Simdiva
11-30-15, 11:27 AM
Sugar teddy made a great post, don't spoil it by saying things are impossible. They are not impossible for everyone and that was his point. I was able to accomplish the food goal thru hard work even tho I started with only about 20000 food. I guess that means That sometimes I play as this is my life. And personally, that is also why I love this game, the constant challenge.
I quit restaurant story for very similar reasons to teddy.
The only thing I find that can make it stressful is actually some of the constant complaining and lava bashing that often happens. Even when a person hits a gold trap, there are ways to avoid them and even tho I hit one a few days ago it was the first time and reminded me to be more careful. Not such a bad thing. Thanks sugar teddy for putting the focus where it should be.

JMThrive
11-30-15, 11:48 AM
You can sugar coat it all you want, but I am not spoiling anything for anybody. I am pointing our the realities of this event. Having to log in harvest and replant every 5 hours over 14 days is impossible for most and is definitely not fun for the vast majority.

DeeDe99
11-30-15, 12:25 PM
Well said SugarTeddys. I strongly recommend that if the structure and strategy of the game don't suit people, then they find a game that does. Not every game available is going to suit everyone.

If the game isn't suitable for people, they shouldn't try to get it changed to suit them because that will spoil it for the players who like it just the way it is. Many, many of us like it the way it is.

This is really the only game I play because it is the only one I like enough to keep playing.

Are there improvements I'd like to see? Sure, but they are around usability such as improved terror message text, not around the basic underlying design of the game.

SugarTeddys, I love the planning part too. Having a smooth Dragon Tales run is great fun to achieve!

sugarteddys
11-30-15, 01:17 PM
JMThrive, yes it was the most difficult tale for me so far, BUT i decided when last tales ended (Which were also hard for me since i was on a low level) that i would save food, and wouldn't mind losing month long savings on a single dragon. but thats just me, who anticipates a tale and prepares, because im a noob that cannot grow food fast enough or dont have enough coins to, and as DeeDee has mentioned before me, its the decisions you make. You will complete the tales because of the heads up, as most of us, even though you called it impossible, which just shows that it WAS possible. and if i DO play 5 hours and spend gold every day i shouldn't deserve the beauty dragon more than the dude who plays 5 minutes every day? and the tales have been made easier and more doable for lower levels, so even a newbie CAN complete them, IF they CHOOSE to put in the time and effort.. or as always, MONEY :p :D

Simdiva thank you! this game is definitely my life while im on vacation (and sometimes when im not) :D i once accidentally speed-ed up pumpwings or something, and just quit the game and restarted my wifi, and all was well, but apart from that i find if my device isn't lagging, theres not many ways to fall into a gold trap, unless you're on the marketplace with an empty nest!

DeeDe99 same! thanks! it actually makes me feel safe about choosing business as my future field for university because i like managing it and such, and get to play around on excel :D

edd2309
11-30-15, 03:39 PM
Dont be angry, hatch the same common dragons over and over again instead!

belarica
11-30-15, 04:02 PM
Dont be angry, hatch the same common dragons over and over again instead!

I don't mind getting common dragons, it makes getting the one I really want that much sweeter when I finally do.

JMThrive
11-30-15, 05:08 PM
JMThrive, yes it was the most difficult tale for me so far, BUT i decided when last tales ended (Which were also hard for me since i was on a low level) that i would save food, and wouldn't mind losing month long savings on a single dragon. but thats just me, who anticipates a tale and prepares, because im a noob that cannot grow food fast enough or dont have enough coins to, and as DeeDee has mentioned before me, its the decisions you make. You will complete the tales because of the heads up, as most of us, even though you called it impossible, which just shows that it WAS possible. and if i DO play 5 hours and spend gold every day i shouldn't deserve the beauty dragon more than the dude who plays 5 minutes every day? and the tales have been made easier and more doable for lower levels, so even a newbie CAN complete them, IF they CHOOSE to put in the time and effort.. or as always, MONEY :p :D

Simdiva thank you! this game is definitely my life while im on vacation (and sometimes when im not) :D i once accidentally speed-ed up pumpwings or something, and just quit the game and restarted my wifi, and all was well, but apart from that i find if my device isn't lagging, theres not many ways to fall into a gold trap, unless you're on the marketplace with an empty nest!

DeeDe99 same! thanks! it actually makes me feel safe about choosing business as my future field for university because i like managing it and such, and get to play around on excel :D

As someone going into business you need to realize that not only is DS a game, but also a business. We do not have to spend our hard earned money on this game, but we choose to do so and as a result expect the game makers to be responsive to us. If honest feedback cannot be put forth, then we will keep getting the same stuff. Blithely telling every to just accept it is not doing anyone any good.

devlinholics
11-30-15, 11:04 PM
As someone going into business you need to realize that not only is DS a game, but also a business. We do not have to spend our hard earned money on this game, but we choose to do so and as a result expect the game makers to be responsive to us. If honest feedback cannot be put forth, then we will keep getting the same stuff. Blithely telling every to just accept it is not doing anyone any good.

I will be honest, S8 is really being kind, there are really tons of games out there, if players thought DS is taxing or greedy or even challenging wait till you hear what other developers has done.

Imagine..... DT became (if s8 put this in, I will compete lol)

Everything remains the same final prize: ultra rare dragon
Only the FIRST 10 players who complete or hatch ultra rare from DT will get 1x CHAMPION DIAMOND DRAGON

This champion diamond CANNOT be bought in market or will ever be in spinning wheel it is only reward to player who first complete DT. It will only appear in DT events.

You be surprise now how many players are going to complete DT of 10days in a few mins when launch lol... That will make a new mark or end game goals instead of collecting all diamonds dragon or 10x gold dragon for most.... Most will complain who does not lol

So every new DT S8 will have a major increase of revenue because players hope to get the TOP 10... Many players will delete DT lol or give up DT events but earning from the few market of players competing

Few years back I played ROB trust me they behave like that, even I spent $$$ ON EVERY event I could not even get the end prize... After 1 n half years of spending n no life seriously... I delete this game n move on...

If you are willing to spend $$ on gold say $99.99 a month you can almost feel godly in DS for every event n every event seems effortless lol not many of us are working class or willing to do that even if they could...

sugarteddys
12-01-15, 02:44 AM
edd2309 ive found that when i keep my breeding pair constant for a while, i can get more dragons out of it, but new combos almost always result in a common in the first try or 2 :P

JMThrive i know that its a business, but tbh ive never paid a dime for it, and still enjoy it immensely. there are faults in the game, like no confirmation button on purchases and such, but overall, the difficulty of the game is what lures people into it. ofcourse you are entitled to giving feedback and suggestions, but i doubt they'll change the structure of the game for us :P and the few times ive ever emailed them about glitches and not getting free gold, they've not responded with anything useful, so they USUALLY dont try and make things easier for us, or sometimes even fair.. BUT since its free, and i can still have almost everything someone who pays can, just slower, im happy :3

devlinholics EXACTLY, its basically free, no monthly subscription, im pretty happy with what im getting for 0 money. AND many people who leave the game now and then are people who dont pay, and therefore dont make any difference to the revenue of Dragon Story.