PDA

View Full Version : Christmas update?

labsandboxers
11-30-15, 05:41 AM
I'm wondering if it is time to bring out my pile of gifts to get ready for this weeks possible update

cyndora
11-30-15, 09:04 AM
i was wondering where everyone got these huge xmas trees, they are so nice looking. i did not get the barons tent because i dont like the fact that it remains on your board....but is that where people are getting it?

white tipped trees, or snow covered lawn, or xmas lights on the castle would be super cool for the holiday.

dragoniakingdom
11-30-15, 09:10 AM
i was wondering where everyone got these huge xmas trees, they are so nice looking. i did not get the barons tent because i dont like the fact that it remains on your board....but is that where people are getting it?

white tipped trees, or snow covered lawn, or xmas lights on the castle would be super cool for the holiday.

The Xmas tree's could be purchased last year. Some for in game cash & others for gems. I would assume that they will be back this year also.

rulerofjennyville
11-30-15, 02:33 PM
Are we expecting the Christmas goal to be this early? I was under the impression it would start around the 12. Not sure where I goth that impression from. Do we have any idea what it will be? I've given up on my three goals and my
wizard school as my buildings and animals are barely dropping anything but coins and am trying to expand and save up for that instead. Does anyone have advice on what I should be trying to collect?

ShibuyaCloth
11-30-15, 03:39 PM
Yes bring them on!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/UG/CastleStory-100-ClassicChristmasTree.png

rulerofjennyville
11-30-15, 03:42 PM
Yes bring them on!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/UG/CastleStory-100-ClassicChristmasTree.png

:D:D:D Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll require you to have a lot of - whatever that is your adventures keep dropping. I should do the same with my countless scarecrows.

cyndora
12-03-15, 03:17 PM
hahahaha that looks fantastic!

i think i have two of those , i am assuming the other ones are larger and from tent?

coolssp
12-06-15, 11:46 AM
Can't believe but Christmas is just around the corner, so can we expect some fabulous quests and sale? I for one am really looking forward to new and great (not like the essence pond debacle) quests.

jbfps116
12-06-15, 09:15 PM
Hopefully over this lull in game missions the team is crafting something truly festive for the holiday!

olcastle
12-06-15, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately it looks like just another World Event: "Get ready to craft up a storm in December, and try to collect 8 NEW, exclusive items for your kingdom!" Get ready to collect every 3 hours.

rulerofjennyville
12-07-15, 04:52 AM
Unfortunately it looks like just another World Event: "Get ready to craft up a storm in December, and try to collect 8 NEW, exclusive items for your kingdom!" Get ready to collect every 3 hours.

Oh, forget that - they'd better not do a collect every three hours. I'm still mad over the wedding carriage. They made me
collect every 4 hours saying it would be an advantage and I would get that wedding carriage quicker. Well, I was snowed in and I had all the supplies I needed so I did it - completed the ridiculous goal and it did absolutely nothing. I was still short three lace and now I have to gather hard-to-get items and do the trade and I just get rose petals for it - so jumping through the hoops made absolutely no different. Timed goals are bad enough - timed goals where we're clicking every few hours to complete the goals make me just decide not to bother with the challenge in the first place. And enough of these make me decide to give up on this and all storm 8 games entirely. Their people need to rethink the timed goals - the ones where the animals are dressed in turkey costumes was cute and fun and doable. The Halloween one with the candy where you got little in exchange for a lot just made everyone angry.

danzplace
12-07-15, 03:17 PM
So, let's think about this. If the challenge is to collect every three hours, what could it be? A crop? Cocoa is every three hours...

rulerofjennyville
12-07-15, 05:32 PM
So, let's think about this. If the challenge is to collect every three hours, what could it be? A crop? Cocoa is every three hours...

It would be something like the holiday felt. Something you can't save up because you don't already have it. And it wouldn't be collect every three hours - it would be something like collect 12 times in 23 hours to get an advantage.

danzplace
12-07-15, 05:33 PM
Agreed. But what has a three hour collection time to trigger the felt? The markets take 22.

parlski
12-08-15, 04:25 PM
I bought over 350 trees last year with plans of chopping one per day. I completely forgot about them and have been chopping like mad lately.
I'm down to about 60. ish.

tigarlilyvol
12-08-15, 05:09 PM
I bought over 350 trees last year with plans of chopping one per day. I completely forgot about them and have been chopping like mad lately.
I'm down to about 60. ish.

Lol I forgot about mine until last week, I had 75 down to 49 now. Chop a few each day. Wonder how many others got them and forgot they had them?

SpiritWind00
12-08-15, 07:04 PM
I've been reminiscing in the thread about the Christmas Trees that were released last 2 years and came across this post from arli111. It made me smile then and it did again, so I'm posting here especially for you.

Hi everyone, I have one more type of Christmas tree:p:cool:

rulerofjennyville
12-09-15, 06:20 AM
I'd like the reindeer stable. Or they could do a santa's workshop that gave off random rare items along with everyday items.

PrincessCupOButter
12-09-15, 02:10 PM
I'm wondering if it will be a re-release of the kingdom inn. I don't have that building, I started playing after that quest. But it used to be available in the market for gems. I looked for it during the Black Friday sale and it was gone.

rulerofjennyville
12-09-15, 05:06 PM
:mad::mad::mad: Just no more stupid hoops. I'm still mad I actually clicked every 4 hours for a 24 hour period to meet the Wedding Carriage timed goal and it didn't make a bit of difference - I still don't have it because I'm not getting any lace at all, just rose petals. I won't even bother to try if they're going to do that to us.

twinkletoes12348
12-09-15, 05:23 PM
:mad::mad::mad: Just no more stupid hoops. I'm still mad I actually clicked every 4 hours for a 24 hour period to meet the Wedding Carriage timed goal and it didn't make a bit of difference - I still don't have it because I'm not getting any lace at all, just rose petals. I won't even bother to try if they're going to do that to us.

I recently finished that one. And it made plenty of difference to me. The four-hourly thing was an opportunity to get the decorations faster and for fewer resources.

coolssp
12-10-15, 12:21 AM
No news on what inventory items we should stockpile yet... I'm afraid to do any trades as last time I became low on living wood...

rulerofjennyville
12-10-15, 04:52 AM
No news on what inventory items we should stockpile yet... I'm afraid to do any trades as last time I became low on living wood...

I'd just make sure your inventory doesn't dip below 50. We don't even know if they are going to do a Christmas event and the Halloween one was such a bust it might not be worth participating in. We're awfully close to Christmas for a big one - the Thanksgiving one took longer than this with the downtime as I recall.

ShibuyaCloth
12-10-15, 07:36 AM
On this account I just produce stuff to consume a bit of base ressouces all the time. I end up with a good stock, enough to be not too stressed by a timed event.

On my primary... I have maxed out on pretty much everything.

mreames
12-10-15, 09:58 AM

I didnt really have a reason but I made a stock of all of the dyes, especially red. Lol but they may end up with no use whatsoever. Lol

meme1098
12-10-15, 01:03 PM
The thread closed on me & couldn't post ???? Now both are closed...lol

Anyway...No Community Event !!! Just can't deal with the continued tap, tap, mindless tapping. Not at this time of the year, please!!!

Want a storyline update. Maybe Sabina & *whats his name* announce an addition to their family & now need to build an abode for their growing family. :D.

SpiritWind00
12-10-15, 01:09 PM
Just opened it! Refresh screens.

rulerofjennyville
12-12-15, 05:52 PM
I recently finished that one. And it made plenty of difference to me. The four-hourly thing was an opportunity to get the decorations faster and for fewer resources.

Not to me. I now have enough of the other items for two carriages - and I keep getting more. I don't get any lace. So there was no point to jump through those ridiculous hoops.

OlivesEatery
12-21-15, 03:36 AM
I have 2 piles of gifts. I seem to remember that they dropped things last Christmas? Is this correct & if so does anybody know if they will do the same this Christmas?

SpiritWind00
12-21-15, 03:52 AM
Yes, piles of gifts could be chopped for items last year. Storm8 do not release info about upcoming storylines or events. So, I'm sorry I can't answer your question! :) Thanks for the question though ;););););)

HistoryGirl7
12-23-15, 03:46 AM
Was really hoping for Xmas trees again :/

mreames
12-23-15, 10:36 AM
Bah humbug.

burritosprings
12-23-15, 11:37 AM
Old Christmas traditions would have it that a tree was gotten and setup on EVE of Christmas Day. 24th is a Thursday and is generally an update day so......... ^

rulerofjennyville
12-23-15, 05:17 PM
Old Christmas traditions would have it that a tree was gotten and setup on EVE of Christmas Day. 24th is a Thursday and is generally an update day so......... ^

I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.

mreames
12-23-15, 06:58 PM
I'm not holding my breath either... It's more likely they went on vacation.

I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.