PDA

View Full Version : To TL: Important questions about Treasure animals sale

ogreve
11-29-15, 03:40 PM
Dear Elsa, Regina and/or Kooky Panda:

One of the FFS players got a push notification that said the following:

Every treasure animal will be on 60% sale on Monday! It's your last chance to get all of them!

There are a few things that I would like to ask (surely on behalf of all of the FFS players here), so we can all choose wisely when the sale goes live:

1) Does the last sentence in the above push notification mean that indeed one or more of the Treasure animals will expire after tomorrow's sale? If so, which one(s)?

2) Will it be possible to breed the Prize Pony during the sale period? If so, is the formula then still: Fennec Shox + Sea Horse and as alternative two Crystal Unicorns?

3) Can you please obtain a precise end time of the sale?

Thanks a lot in advance, the exact prices etc. will be seen tomorrow so I don't have any questions about those, but the above three questions are crucial for deciding what to do tomorrow...

LonePudding
11-29-15, 07:48 PM
I was also a bit thrown by the last sentence... I still have no treasure animals, wasn't planning on buying any. I was still hoping I'd "stumble" across a money badger through breeding but it seems like that may no longer be a possibility :(

31aug2002
11-29-15, 11:27 PM
To add to Ogreve's questions, when it says 30 nov what does it mean
Is the start time at 12 midnight or is it the regular update time . I have still not been able to figure this one out. Even the Black Friday sale started way later that it was supposed to. Many of us diehard fans and players of this game try to work things out at work and home so that we can devote some time to the game and not miss out on any good opportunities to get some good deals.
It would really be great if these events came with a timer on them like your value pack does or the gem sale does. That way we would know precisely how much time we have to buy or try for a thing we want.

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 03:25 AM
Still no sale. I guess it will be the regular update time again. So this sale may be very short. A timer would be great! I don't have a gem sale either so there's no general gem sale for everyone for this.

Scribbles138
11-30-15, 12:31 PM
The pop up that I just got states that all treasure animals will leave the market December 1. All are on sale for 600 gems.

ogreve
11-30-15, 12:43 PM
It makes me real sad that ALL of the Treasure animals will be discontinued!
I had made it my agenda to buy two Crystal Unicorns this week so I could breed for them with that formula too. I already bought one of them and wanted to buy the other one close before the end of the sale.
Now that Treasure will be discontinued there's little point in buying a second unicorn and I may not do that. This is really, really sad. I only have a Golden Retriever and a Prize Pony and had wanted to get 2 of each animal. I never even could try for the Treasure Toucan as I never managed to get an Ocean Owl.
I do have a gem sale now, but I only have 208
Gems so it's going to be very expensive to buy a Treasure Toucan and a Money Badger. It's even going to be more expensive than I like to just buy one of them.
This has got to be one of the most disappointing actions by TL ever. I'm *REALLY* upset that all of them are going to be discontinued and with such short advance notice! If they had announced it one month in advance it would have been a different story, but this breaks my heart.
Why oh why did they make that call???

It looks then like I'll not buy that second unicorn that I so badly wanted to buy either...:(
This is a SAD day for the forest, and here I was, hoping that as of today the Prize Pony would become permanent.

TL: *please* reconsider this decision!

calvinxx
11-30-15, 12:45 PM

I'm kind of shocked at such a bold move! I wonder why on earth they are retiring an entire element? I wonder if this means new treasure animals will come in the future or if this is it. Thank god I was able to breed the main 3 on my own and I purchased the Prize Pony so I have them all.

Silverrain1
11-30-15, 12:50 PM
I just noticed that the pop up said all treasure animals will leave the market on...(then I missed the date cos I accidentally closed it) but it definitely said all leaving

Silverrain1
11-30-15, 12:52 PM
Sorry just noticed you guys had all ready said that. I don't know what to do. I don't ever buy animals and I don't have any treasure animals

Scribbles138
11-30-15, 12:56 PM
Well I bought a Prize Pony when it first came out, and I had intended to buy at least the badger today, and possibly more, had I been given a gem sale. But now I've got no gem sale and only 390 gems, so I won't be buying anything. I'm quite irked with this "awesome sale" we had all been hoping for...to me, it's fallen a little flat.

saucysammis
11-30-15, 01:11 PM
Well, there are possibilities here:

1. No more treasure elements - just as the trio elements all are only one time attainable, treasure becomes something you had to be there for.

2. Only the "past/current" treasure animals become no longer attainable and new ones are released periodically.

3. A new element that releases gems appears. Of course this possibility could happen in conjunction with the other two possibilities.

4. Decor that generates gems appear. Let's face it, it is the habitat that generates the gems once an animal is in it.

5. We start getting gems for leveling up and for evolving creatures. (Only for one edition of each creature prob'ly)

6. Gem giving items disappear completely

The pattern I've noticed is that gem sales come out before there is something desirable to spend them on. Sometimes a gem sale comes out during the tail end of the desirable item.

So there is opportunity to buy a stock of gems without knowing what you'd use them for and hope you can restrain yourself from blowing them on the little things before something you really want comes along. When that thing does come along it will not come with a gem sale. Maybe. Players must then decide if they want to buy gems at a premium and get the item, or wait to see if a magical sale pops up.

Speaking of pop ups I just got one advertising 60% off which is different than 600 gems apiece. Some animals are a better deal at 600 than 60%. I better go.

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 01:33 PM
I wish someone from S8 would explain to us what is going on. Like I wrote on the BF sales thread, this makes me feel like there's no future for this game and they must be in dire straits to take away animals that give us one gem per day.

I don't feel comfortable using any more real money on the game because this feels like the end for it is near.

kuppikahvia
11-30-15, 01:34 PM
What a disappointing series of events, right when most of us were anticipating a wonderful week of sales and opportunity, not only the various gem sales fell way shorter then hoped by many, not only the habitats were down "only" 50% like they had been before, but now... now this...
Let me recap: with little to no warning, a whole element is being taken away, and the most precious one on top of that, remaining available for just one day? I am speechless at how bad this move is.
(an oldschool player with no tresure animals despite playing since day one)

flowless
11-30-15, 02:00 PM
Is this the end of this game ?

It's a weird move and makes thing they want squeeze as much money as they can before we have fantasy 2

sweetdeda
11-30-15, 04:05 PM
I wish someone from S8 would explain to us what is going on. Like I wrote on the BF sales thread, this makes me feel like there's no future for this game and they must be in dire straits to take away animals that give us one gem per day.

I don't feel comfortable using any more real money on the game because this feels like the end for it is near.
I am so with you on this. Just seems like they are making very bad decisions. I can't even imagine why they would do this, the one gem a day doesn't even compare to all the gems used to try to speed breed these animals. No sense at all, none. Bad move and with only 1 day warning.... Bad move.

Listal
11-30-15, 05:49 PM
While the Treasure animals are on sale, can we breed them? Are they all leaving for good!!?///

saucysammis
11-30-15, 05:54 PM
I have an empty treasure habitat. I tapped it. The pop up menu that appears when I tap most habitats shows me the animals, the money, etc. the pop up icon of the treasure habitat offers me the option to add an egg. If I tap the icon it takes me to the creatures. If I then tap a creature it shows me the info and the price and the button to tap and buy. Has anyone tried this way of getting the treasure animals? If you tap does it immediately buy the animal or do you get asked if you are sure? Or does it tell you to clear the nest? Wish I had tried it before.....maybe my nest would be free... Or do I want a duplicate treasure animal?

JeffW60
11-30-15, 06:34 PM
A move like this would lead you to believe the end might be near. I started playing this game about a month ago and have spent a little money on it but I won't spend any more until we are given some reassurances that this game will continue. So far only silence.

JeffW60
11-30-15, 09:52 PM
And the apparent end of these animals?

This seems very strange to me. And it is my experience that when strange things like this begin happening, the end is near. I hope I am wrong. But the silence by admins on the matter is very discouraging. All that needs said is 'relax, we're not going anywhere', but......silence.

I'm fairly new to the game and had be*** spending some cash, but won't spend any more until some assurances are given that the game is safe.

JeffW60
11-30-15, 10:10 PM
Lots of discussion but unfortunately nothing to alleviate concerns.

sweetdeda
12-01-15, 04:36 AM
Why aren't the mods responding? 4 threads all basically about the gem animals yet they haven't even combined them. One mod, I think Kooky, responded that there isn't. FFS2, yet no reassurance. They were active yesterday I checked their profiles. But no response. Am I the only one that finds this odd?

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 04:53 AM
Why aren't the mods responding? 4 threads all basically about the gem animals yet they haven't even combined them. One mod, I think Kooky, responded that there isn't. FFS2, yet no reassurance. They were active yesterday I checked their profiles. But no response. Am I the only one that finds this odd?

You're definitely not alone. This whole thing is very, very odd. Maybe today's update gives us answers. If not, I just don't know what to think...
What a start to the holiday season!

ogreve
12-01-15, 05:05 AM

No.
Such "combined coincidence" indicates "deliberate intent". Trust me, they'll have seen our pleas alright, but they are intentionally not responding. Maybe they're not allowed to from "upper management". I would almost dare to bet my left arm on NO official statement being made at least BEFORE the current sale ends and/or today's update has come.
This CAN be a positive thing, or a negative thing. The negative side would be that we're being plainly ignored. I like to think (and sincerely hope!) that such will not be the case. The positive side could be that perhaps with tonight's update or soon after we'll get something special and that they aren't responding now so as not to give anything away prematurely.

I really hope that the latter is the case, and frankly, the concensus over here among the die-hard fans seems to be that if TL does NOT come up with anything really special today or soon after, that a lot of trust in the game and TL will be gone. That would really be a pity.

I'm not a DS player, but can anyone who is perhaps tell if something like an equivalent of the removal of FFS' Treasure animals has ever been done in DS, and if so, if something else of equivalent "value" has been given in return soon after?

Of course the bold statement of the removal of the Treasure animals has now got all of us speculating as to what future remains for FFS. My personal guesses:
1) Discontinuation. I think this is doubtful, an Android version was only just released and so far we have been getting more content than we can handle twice a week.
2) FFS2: I kinda really hope that that will NOT happen. I like FFS and the so carefully crafted forest and I don't really want to "have to" do that all over again.
3) Replacement for Treasure: this can be good or bad news. Everything stands or falls with "what" that replacement could be. Some of the best case scenarios would be to get new Treasure animals, a new permanently breedable element and/or Rune-giving animals. These could be very acceptable moves, if done properly.
4) "Free gem minimisation strategy": that would be really lame. The Treasure animals will have cost most of us more gems than we'll ever get back from them, either through people having bought them at high gem costs, or through having spent a lot of gems on speeding for them. Surely some kind of reward for those people in terms of a few free gems per day is not too much to ask.

I really hope this will (eventually) be a "positive thing" (i.e. for example option 3) and not a negative one (like options 1, 2 and 4). If options 1 and 2 are looming on the horizon it makes absolutely no sense to remove the Treasure animals, as FFS would then be entirely discontinued anyway, so why remove Treasure from it.

To speak out everyone's fear: option 4 may be the real reason. If so, I would find that very lame.

Now, as the saying goes: "expect the worst, hope for the best", or in this case: "expect option 4, hope for option 3".

Maybe with tonight's update we'll know a lot more. I really hope so, as they've put my decision to buy a second Crystal Unicorn value pack in the balance by completely torpedoing my main reason for wanting to get two Crystal Unicorn: better breeding options at TREASURE animals....

ninasidstorm8
12-01-15, 08:14 AM
No.
Such "combined coincidence" indicates "deliberate intent". Trust me, they'll have seen our pleas alright, but they are intentionally not responding. Maybe they're not allowed to from "upper management". I would almost dare to bet my left arm on NO official statement being made at least BEFORE the current sale ends and/or today's update has come.
This CAN be a positive thing, or a negative thing. The negative side would be that we're being plainly ignored. I like to think (and sincerely hope!) that such will not be the case. The positive side could be that perhaps with tonight's update or soon after we'll get something special and that they aren't responding now so as not to give anything away prematurely.

I really hope that the latter is the case, and frankly, the concensus over here among the die-hard fans seems to be that if TL does NOT come up with anything really special today or soon after, that a lot of trust in the game and TL will be gone. That would really be a pity.

I'm not a DS player, but can anyone who is perhaps tell if something like an equivalent of the removal of FFS' Treasure animals has ever been done in DS, and if so, if something else of equivalent "value" has been given in return soon after?

Of course the bold statement of the removal of the Treasure animals has now got all of us speculating as to what future remains for FFS. My personal guesses:
1) Discontinuation. I think this is doubtful, an Android version was only just released and so far we have been getting more content than we can handle twice a week.
2) FFS2: I kinda really hope that that will NOT happen. I like FFS and the so carefully crafted forest and I don't really want to "have to" do that all over again.
3) Replacement for Treasure: this can be good or bad news. Everything stands or falls with "what" that replacement could be. Some of the best case scenarios would be to get new Treasure animals, a new permanently breedable element and/or Rune-giving animals. These could be very acceptable moves, if done properly.
4) "Free gem minimisation strategy": that would be really lame. The Treasure animals will have cost most of us more gems than we'll ever get back from them, either through people having bought them at high gem costs, or through having spent a lot of gems on speeding for them. Surely some kind of reward for those people in terms of a few free gems per day is not too much to ask.

I really hope this will (eventually) be a "positive thing" (i.e. for example option 3) and not a negative one (like options 1, 2 and 4). If options 1 and 2 are looming on the horizon it makes absolutely no sense to remove the Treasure animals, as FFS would then be entirely discontinued anyway, so why remove Treasure from it.

To speak out everyone's fear: option 4 may be the real reason. If so, I would find that very lame.

Now, as the saying goes: "expect the worst, hope for the best", or in this case: "expect option 4, hope for option 3".

Maybe with tonight's update we'll know a lot more. I really hope so, as they've put my decision to buy a second Crystal Unicorn value pack in the balance by completely torpedoing my main reason for wanting to get two Crystal Unicorn: better breeding options at TREASURE animals....

I have played Dragon Story as well for the last 1 1/2 years. The equivalent of Treasure animals in that game give up to 5 gold (equivalent of gems) per day and cannot be bred, only purchased with gold. Every couple months one will go on sale for 600 gold. For Cyber Monday, they were all on sale for 800 gold which the community has taken as the new sales price. There is no indication they will be removed permanently though some have been retired in the past and are on sale now. I have not heard of anything equivalent to eliminating the Treasure animals happening before I started playing DS.

kooky panda
12-01-15, 08:39 AM
Guys I wish I had all the answers you are seeking, but I only have limited information.
I can confirm that the treasure animals will be leaving the market after the sale. You will no longer be able to purchase them.

I have not seen or hear of any plans for a Fantasy 2 game being released. This is a rumor started by some members.

Just because storm 8 removes animals, items, etc from games does not mean that the game is being discontinued.

What will happen now?? I wish I knew, but I do feel confident that storm 8 has some great future plans for Fantasy Story!

++ merged some common threads++

skeexix
12-01-15, 09:52 AM
Doesn't make me feel confident when the reply references a completely different game; "gold dragons", oy!

kooky panda
12-01-15, 10:05 AM
Doesn't make me feel confident when the reply references a completely different game; "gold dragons", oy!
Sorry about the confusion! Sometimes moderating between games, gets a panda a little confused!! :o

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/cellspics/Moving%20Pictures/Emoticons/Animals/Panda/thpandanani.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/cellspics/media/Moving%20Pictures/Emoticons/Animals/Panda/thpandanani.gif.html)

saucysammis
12-01-15, 10:26 AM
What to do what to do. I know the discussion has been mostly about the pain of not being able to breed for these particular treasures anymore, but is there room here to contemplate How I use this last hour? Do I use my last stock of gems to get a duplicate treasure toucan to balance the asthetic of the treasure collection? Do I hold out with the idea that as soon as they are removed another treasure will become available but limited?

The toucan is the only one I have successfully bred. I bought the retriever on sale with saved gems as I didn't even have a gold lion at the time and no guarantee I'd get one. I missed the money badger and have been breeding madly for it. I bought the pony on sale in its first release with bought gems because it was limited and I had no success breeding....now I bought ahead sale gems and was able to acquire the badger.....

I Do believe new things are coming, and new treasure animals. I do. I just keep looking at my forest and hoping the next treasure animal is a bird type, but then I think I could arrange the toucan as a centerpiece of them and will I be sorry to have two taking up space if another type is released.

Now I'm ranting over here and the game timer is ticking away the minutes. I may have made my choice....heh heh thanks for listening.

31aug2002
12-01-15, 10:58 AM
So after a lot of thought and weighing my options , I went ahead and bought the money badger. I sped the last few hour of it to give myself a chance of doing some speed breeding with the Crystal Unicorns. Well I blew up close to 130 gems on it with nothing to show for it. :(:( . And now I have one Skyger in the nest and one in the den ... So now no more.
I will be happy with my 2 " bought " not bred treasure animals. Though I really wanted to get the treasure toucan too. But maybe it is not meant to be.

Silverrain1
12-01-15, 12:04 PM
Oh no no no no! Iv been so on the fence, will I, won't I buy a treasure animal. Iv never bought an animal and never planned to but after someone put i would make my gems back in 300 days I thought ok. Just once, but I didn't have enough gems or a sale on, so I spent 7.99 on 250 gems and when that registered all the treasure animals were gone!

ninasidstorm8
12-01-15, 12:09 PM
The animals are gone and their 3 spots have been removed from my album as well, now I only have 21 holes :)

saucysammis
12-01-15, 12:20 PM
Oh no no no no! Iv been so on the fence, will I, won't I buy a treasure animal. Iv never bought an animal and never planned to but after someone put i would make my gems back in 300 days I thought ok. Just once, but I didn't have enough gems or a sale on, so I spent 7.99 on 250 gems and when that registered all the treasure animals were gone!

Oh I'm so sorry for you! Something new and wonderful will come along that you will be glad you have those gems for.

Silverrain1
12-01-15, 12:28 PM
Oh I'm so sorry for you! Something new and wonderful will come along that you will be glad you have those gems for.
Thank you. I just can believe it! I don't know if it's a good or bad thing I didn't get it cos I dnt want to buy animals but because we couldn't breed them anymore it made a difference

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 12:47 PM

Oh no! That was me. Sorry you missed it! I'm sure there'll be something else to use those gems for. Who knows, we may even get a limited treasure animal for Christmas or New Year.

Silverrain1
12-01-15, 01:27 PM
Oh no! That was me. Sorry you missed it! I'm sure there'll be something else to use those gems for. Who knows, we may even get a limited treasure animal for Christmas or New Year.

That would be nice. Iv got not readied animals so it would have been nice to have gotten at least one. We will see what comes up later

RocioBM
12-01-15, 02:36 PM
I wish they come back someday. Hopefully this is not forever and maybe next year they will come back. Crossed fingers :)

Sandybellee
12-01-15, 03:25 PM
I wish they come back someday. Hopefully this is not forever and maybe next year they will come back. Crossed fingers :)

I hope so too! But in the meanwhile I just realized one very positive side to all this! Since there are no more treasure animals to breed for, the Armordillo can be taken behind the barn... Erm, sent to a beautiful farm somewhere to roam free. :D That frees up one spot for another animal! (I actually like the adult and epic forms of the Armordillo, but it can definitely go until I've expanded a lot more.)

Silverrain1
12-01-15, 04:24 PM
I hope so too! But in the meanwhile I just realized one very positive side to all this! Since there are no more treasure animals to breed for, the Armordillo can be taken behind the barn... Erm, sent to a beautiful farm somewhere to roam free. :D That frees up one spot for another animal! (I actually like the adult and epic forms of the Armordillo, but it can definitely go until I've expanded a lot more.)

Haha, your post really made me lol.
Poor armordillo! Not that we will be short of them tho!

fimofa
12-02-15, 01:25 AM
No.

I've been playing DS for years now. Just started to play FFS recently. Just for all of your information. This has been done for DS too way years back (don't know exactly when). In DS, all the Treasure type along with Treasure Terrace (equivalent to treasure trove) were gone for 2 to 3 days (without any prior notice) then came back with changes !

Change number 1. Treasure terrace can now hold only 5 gold per day (before the disappearance it could hold 10 per day)
Change number 2. Treasure terrace can now hold 2 dragons per habitat (Before that, it could only hold 1 per habitat)
We can only have 5 Treasure Terrace while Gold Type dragons are 10 in total.

There was no change in purchased items for example, the treasure terraces purchased before the changes can still hold 10 gold per day with 1 animal, but the new purchased were effected.

I now can say, this can be happen to FFS to. I just started to play this game. I'm at Level 18,so I'm not too familiar with Gem animals in this game.