PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update 2nd December 2015

LalaSmooth
11-28-15, 03:15 PM
It's nearly Christmas.
Wonder what update we'll be getting.
I am hoping for a Christmas sale :)

edit(KP)
Note: The update was a little different that the original blog photo. The santa chairs/tables and counters were not quite ready.

Here are the update items

http://40.media.tumblr.com/af5192f3a495e50896403ca24fecb798/tumblr_inline_nyr7dkdfvK1qm7yoc_540.pngWhat’s cracking? Nut-thing is going to stop the Nutcracker King from enjoying all the festivities happening in Bakery Story (https://www.facebook.com/bakerystory)!
Bring the North Pole to your Bakery with:

Polar Bear Pops food
North Polar Oven appliance
Elf Dolls decoration

http://i.imgur.com/cwSKtyz.png

http://i.imgur.com/85eM6vZ.png

geordieprogman
11-28-15, 04:14 PM
Christmas or winter stuff for me. I'm hoping for some sort of sale to make up for the terrible Black Friday sale as well.

pixiegamer
11-28-15, 05:02 PM
Christmas or winter stuff for me. I'm hoping for some sort of sale to make up for the terrible Black Friday sale as well.

Same. I'd much prefer a decent sale with more box prizes and past LTOs to any Christmas or winter stuff to be honest. However, due to the purge that S8 did earlier in the year, I recognize that there's barely any winter/Xmas stuff for newer players. A mix of both would be quite nice.

luincristiel
11-28-15, 08:03 PM
Same. I'd much prefer a decent sale with more box prizes and past LTOs to any Christmas or winter stuff to be honest. However, due to the purge that S8 did earlier in the year, I recognize that there's barely any winter/Xmas stuff for newer players. A mix of both would be quite nice.

Yes a winter sale like the fall sale would be great!
And I won't say no to LTOs and box prizes too, of course ;)

youki388
11-29-15, 06:33 AM
In total agreement with pixiegamer on the fact there is hardly any Xmas/winter deco for newer players. As I was unable to decorate my bakery or restaurant how I wanted for the festive season. Sure they have gingerbread windows and tiles on the Xmas version of BS but they are all for gems... with the windows being at 10 gems each!!! After losing 100 gems a few days ago, needless to say I am unable to afford these gem priced Xmas decorations.

youki388
11-29-15, 06:37 AM
Whoops, sorry the gingerbread windows are actually on RS Xmas version. Whilst the tiles are on the Xmas version of BS.

It would be great if S8 could make up for the rubbish BF sale by giving us a decent update this Wed with some nice festive deco and furniture as well as the 'epic' box prizes and LTO's :rolleyes: :p Its the least they can do to keep their customers happy after NO Halloween sale and a beyond poor BF sale! And if staff of S8 actually bother reading this forum, they will find that players are willing to spend real money on buying gems so long as the items in the update/sale are actually worth spending on ;) But to cater for all your customers it would be great if S8 can make most items coins rather than gem priced.

Cadeely
11-29-15, 07:20 AM
Since last year was wintery, I'm expecting all christmassy stuff. but yeah, I'd love a LTO on Gingerbread theme, idc how many coins, but just not gems. I spent them all for BF and accidental coin conversion (I hate that part)

aiyoosha
11-29-15, 08:56 AM
Whoops, sorry the gingerbread windows are actually on RS Xmas version. Whilst the tiles are on the Xmas version of BS.

It would be great if S8 could make up for the rubbish BF sale by giving us a decent update this Wed with some nice festive deco and furniture as well as the 'epic' box prizes and LTO's :rolleyes: :p Its the least they can do to keep their customers happy after NO Halloween sale and a beyond poor BF sale! And if staff of S8 actually bother reading this forum, they will find that players are willing to spend real money on buying gems so long as the items in the update/sale are actually worth spending on ;) But to cater for all your customers it would be great if S8 can make most items coins rather than gem priced.

what version of bs is it named? i really want those gingerbread tiles.

geordieprogman
11-29-15, 11:19 AM

They're in the Christmas 2012 version. They cost 3 gems each though. I really like them as well but that's too pricey for tiles. For me anyway.

LalaSmooth
11-29-15, 11:33 AM

They removed all the Christmas decorations in the 2012 version. Even if you install it, you'll only get the recipes that still remain, but everything else they have removed, even the boxes! :)

mergirl96
11-29-15, 01:08 PM
They removed all the Christmas decorations in the 2012 version. Even if you install it, you'll only get the recipes that still remain, but everything else they have removed, even the boxes! :)

Not everything is gone. Some tiles and wallpaper are left, along with a tiny amount of decorations, a counter or two, and 1 or 2 ovens. The recipes on the basic oven also remain.

geordieprogman
11-29-15, 01:23 PM

The gingerbread tiles are definitely still there. I checked it out for aiyoosha today on my wife's android tablet.

sleepygs
11-29-15, 01:30 PM
That's really unfair. This is my second holiday season and I don't have access to old versions of the game to get these items. I have just the Santa Workshop items... I picked up a few chairs in the big sale last year, but not ovens or tiles.

I say again: I'd be buying gems for the first time, and many at that, if I could redo my bakery in all gingerbread!!!

steelersbabyyy
11-29-15, 06:40 PM
idk after black friday i'm kinda bummed. isnt it time for goals? maybe a christmas goal

LalaSmooth
11-30-15, 02:13 AM
idk after black friday i'm kinda bummed. isnt it time for goals? maybe a christmas goal

Goals will be next Wednesday

aiyoosha
11-30-15, 08:55 AM
The gingerbread tiles are definitely still there. I checked it out for aiyoosha today on my wife's android tablet.

thank you for checking for me! ^_^ i got them XD

twospoons
11-30-15, 11:58 AM
Goals will be next Wednesday

or possibly this wednesday.

sweetpea6645
11-30-15, 06:51 PM
WooooooooooooooT.... I can't wait for xmas decorations!!

Mslovesz
11-30-15, 07:34 PM
Ok so alot of people are asking for winter/chrismas sales. I think this is a good idea because think about all the other people who are very exited to decorate there bakery for chrismas but have no decor!! that is a bummer. as we all know it is very fun and festive to decorate our bakery but not as fun when there is nothing do decorate with 👌

thank you! BS & RS Id mslovesz

forensgrad23
11-30-15, 08:37 PM
I had 600 gems ready to spend for my first BF sale. I had no idea it was going to be such an epic fail. I expected at least a dozen Christmas items. It would be great if they'd do some kind of sale so those of us going thru our 1st Christmas have something to decorate with. I'd hate to come up on Christmas week & still be getting items to decorate with. That's how it usually goes. It would be nice to actually be able to enjoy the decorations for a few weeks!!!

LalaSmooth
11-30-15, 11:32 PM
or possibly this wednesday.

There are 8 days remaining on previous goals

shelbycatc
12-01-15, 09:14 AM
There are Gingerbread tiles in both RS & BS. RS has Gingerbread house on tiles & BS had a Star with tan background. You're right about the gems. :-( I only have a few at BS because they cost gems. And In RS only have 1 Gingerbread window.

deekathleen
12-01-15, 12:27 PM
I'm sure whatever we get will either be in a box or geared towards all the fabulously wealthy gem buying five year old girls who play this game.

pieandcream
12-01-15, 12:35 PM
I'm sure whatever we get will either be in a box or geared towards all the fabulously wealthy gem buying five year old girls who play this game.

lol.......(and then I remember the dino crate..........>.>)

LalaSmooth
12-01-15, 02:30 PM
I don't know if it will be goal week but I hope to see old Christmas items back in tomorrows update to make up for the rubbish black friday sale

twospoons
12-01-15, 03:34 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/badea6a906b38ef9d468fb9044a60691/tumblr_inline_nyp9uxQNBT1qm7yoc_540.png

What's cracking? Nut-thing is going to stop the Nutcracker King from enjoying all the festivities happening in Bakery Story!

Polar Bear Pops food
Elf Dolls decoration

twospoons
12-01-15, 03:37 PM
love it! cute food, great walls. the chairs & tables & floors i like too, but the walls & counters are my favorite of the basics. i even like all of the decor!

pieandcream
12-01-15, 03:39 PM
like it ^^

now we just need a large halloween and xmas sale and its perfect.

Bakerling
12-01-15, 03:40 PM
Oh I love the recipes in the North Polar Oven especially the Polar Bear Pops. look so cute

youki388
12-01-15, 03:43 PM
lol.......(and then I remember the dino crate..........>.>)

Lol, omgosh!... totally remember starting BS & RS during 3rd week Sept and thinking WTH was that!! :D It worries me that S8 designers actually thought players would like that??? :rolleyes:

dianeupside
12-01-15, 03:44 PM
Looks like it could possibly be goals......? But regardless it's an absolute adorable decor.

youki388
12-01-15, 03:47 PM
Twospoons - you got me going now! I hadn't known about the North Polar Oven... but now I soooooooooo want one! I agree with piesandcream we need a large Halloween & Xmas sale. S8 staff it is meant to be the season of goodwill... I hope you have some! ;)

youki388
12-01-15, 03:51 PM
The update looks great! Does anyone know if the chairs, tables and counters are past items or part of update? As I seriously need some Xmas furniture :)

ievuxia
12-01-15, 03:53 PM
What a nice surprise! I love everything, the decorations are too cute! :) Just hoping it won't be too gemmy.

CassieJo84
12-01-15, 03:54 PM
Cute! I hope the tables are for coins.

twospoons
The update looks great! Does anyone know if the chairs, tables and counters are past items or part of update? As I seriously need some Xmas furniture :)

as far as i know, all new! (except the dark wood floor) it's a more thorough update than we've had in a while, which is great. unless it actually is goals, then it's not more thorough, but i'd be okay with this being the goal.

pipipooh1977
NOPE! Looks like I'm going on vacation again....for another 3 weeks.....:mad:

CassieJo84
12-01-15, 03:56 PM
Also, in case today is the day that s8 decides to listen to us---PLEASE give us a massive holiday sale tomorrow/Friday both in RS & BS. :)

pixiegamer
12-01-15, 04:00 PM
This looks like a fuller update than the ones we regularly get. I see a new tile, wallpaper, wall decorations, floor decorations, tables, chairs, counter, and appliance. Anyone else think this might be goals?

Also, in case today is the day that s8 decides to listen to us---PLEASE give us a massive holiday sale tomorrow/Friday both in RS & BS. :)

Yes please!!

geordieprogman
12-01-15, 04:00 PM

It's all new, so just an update.

I like it. The tables look big. As if they are made for 2 chairs. Or are the just big because they are supposed to be santas fat belly? I really like that they match as well. It seems a long time since we've had tables and chairs that match. All of it is nice though. I'm pleasantly surprised!

youki388
12-01-15, 04:02 PM
There are Gingerbread tiles in both RS & BS. RS has Gingerbread house on tiles & BS had a Star with tan background. You're right about the gems. :-( I only have a few at BS because they cost gems. And In RS only have 1 Gingerbread window.

Hi dear, unfortunately on RS they don't have Gingerbread tiles for newer players. (I have the Xmas versions and newest versions of both games). I know I read somewhere on the forum that they were removed on Jan 20th or something like that. The ones in BS constantly taunt me, hehe!... as I refuse to spend 3 gems each on a tile! But yet they are so adorable I sometimes feel like I want to splurge lol :D

youki388
12-01-15, 04:05 PM
as far as i know, all new! (except the dark wood floor) it's a more thorough update than we've had in a while, which is great. unless it actually is goals, then it's not more thorough, but i'd be okay with this being the goal.

Yay! Thanks hun, was so hoping to get some Xmas furnishings to decorate with! Lets just hope they are for coins. As I only have 4 gems atm!

Edit - to say thanks too geordieprogman! And yessss I am pleasantly surprised too, especially after all the mismatch stuff we had in recent updates on RS & BS! :)

pieandcream
12-01-15, 04:06 PM
Lol, omgosh!... totally remember starting BS & RS during 3rd week Sept and thinking WTH was that!! :D It worries me that S8 designers actually thought players would like that??? :rolleyes:

yes! wasnt it a joke on the forum? BEFORE they brought it out...people were joking about what idiotic stuff storm 8 could use as crate ideas......and then they did >.<

lenasdinner
12-01-15, 04:07 PM

Chairs, tables,I think I saw them in someones bakery or restourant not very shure....but it would be so nice if we can get them now.I like them I want them!! I like everything in this update,cant wait tomorow!!!!

deekathleen
12-01-15, 04:11 PM
NOPE! Looks like I'm going on vacation again....for another 3 weeks.....:mad:

Don't forget to pack your sunscreen :)

orleansparish
12-01-15, 04:14 PM
Finally! I can get some xmas tables and chairs. Having a seasonal shop with fall chairs and xmas decor looks odd. I really need to stop selling my stuff for money when im low. I hope they arent for gems, they ill scream. I dont care if they finally gave me my 275, im not buying tables with them! Oh and great job doing it Tuesday morning...I wanted 2 forest bands and another gnome house.

And is it me or does those santa hat cupcakes look familiar? Not the first time ive seen something similar before. Overall I love everything and cant wait to make some gems and decorate with everything!

I also hope we get a xmas decor sale. How lame would it be to have the biggest holiday arrive and not have decor, like we did for fall?

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 04:14 PM
its a cute update, i really like the the bear and those elf things in the middle so cute ^_^

DragonWished
12-01-15, 04:16 PM
Looks very promising! Hope it's not too gemmy.

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 04:27 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/badea6a906b38ef9d468fb9044a60691/tumblr_inline_nyp9uxQNBT1qm7yoc_540.png

What's cracking? Nut-thing is going to stop the Nutcracker King from enjoying all the festivities happening in Bakery Story!

Polar Bear Pops food
Elf Dolls decoration

its a good update u kno no birfday boy and nice stuff but i wish they wouldve gave us a very nice xmassy door instead of a log cabin door

deekathleen
12-01-15, 04:33 PM
I like the reindeer wreath.

pixiegamer
12-01-15, 04:45 PM
its a good update u kno no birfday boy and nice stuff but i wish they wouldve gave us a very nice xmassy door instead of a log cabin door

That door is already in the game! It's the Lodge Door (4 gems) :)

214sed
12-01-15, 04:59 PM
I bet the update will come right about now according to UK( GMT) time.

Sebsmommy15
12-01-15, 05:21 PM
Can't wait! First Christmas on BS ever! I hope decor besides the displays don't cost gems nor the oven!

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 05:23 PM
That door is already in the game! It's the Lodge Door (4 gems) :)

yeh i kno thats why i said i wished they made us a more xmasy door instead of this door:(

214sed
12-01-15, 05:25 PM
yeh i kno thats why i said i wished they made us a more xmasy door instead of this door:(

Like a candy cane door? A reindeer door? OHH! Maybe a Santa door! :)

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 05:27 PM
Like a candy cane door? A reindeer door? OHH! Maybe a Santa door! :)

or a gingerbread door with a nice wreath on it with some xmas lights going around it! XD

214sed
12-01-15, 05:29 PM
Also an elves door would be great also.

twospoons
12-01-15, 05:31 PM
And is it me or does those santa hat cupcakes look familiar? Not the first time ive seen something similar before.

You're right, they're on one of the appliances i pulled out this weekend. santa's shop oven from last year (?). these are slightly messier looking than the previous version (drippy frosting), but basically the same thing.

i said this in RS a couple weeks ago too, but i do wish they'd put the food on the counters on better-looking serving dishes than sheet pans. the cake stand is fine, and the polar bear pop stand is really cute, but the cookie sheet is more of a working counter look than a display counter look to me.

Natasha_07
12-01-15, 05:45 PM
I like the wall reindeer most, I wonder if this will goals or maybe just regular.

pieandcream
12-01-15, 05:55 PM
I like the wall reindeer most, I wonder if this will goals or maybe just regular.

regular, just one oven

olcastle
12-01-15, 06:14 PM
And is it me or does those santa hat cupcakes look familiar? Not the first time ive seen something similar before.

Tables and chairs look familiar too, we had almost identical in RS.
http://blog.teamlava.com/post/105392526050/new-content-for-december-16-19-2014

deekathleen
12-01-15, 07:07 PM
The chairs in this one look tiny.

poopiepants79
12-01-15, 07:10 PM
Really, lol.. Those are the same tables restaurant story had, one year. Can't storm eight think of anything else. What the heck was up with the black Friday sale? That was the smallest list ever. This game has sucked, since storm eight took over!!!!

twospoons
12-01-15, 07:11 PM
regular, just one oven

that was my first thought too, but then i was trying to think of the last time they had chairs, tables, walls, floors and counters in an update that wasn't a goal and couldn't, so i thought that maybe they just didn't show the second appliance.

maybe it's not a goal, but is a new android version? oh well. find out tomorrow!

mergirl96
12-01-15, 07:28 PM
I really hope this isn't a goal. Thoses santa hat cupcakes are a grosser looking version of the cute ones we got in last year's goal. To be honest all the recipes bug me. Instead of bringing back the candy canes they took off they candy cane oven they gave us candy cane cookies. And I am so tired of the cake pops! The decor kinda bugs me too. It's not on the same level with the great decor of years past. The wallpaper and flooring are nice though.

Anyone else notice that on the blog they changed the tables and chairs to the boring regular ones already in the game? I wonder if we're actually getting the santa ones.

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 07:32 PM
I really hope this isn't a goal. Thoses santa hat cupcakes are a grosser looking version of the cute ones we got in last year's goal. To be honest all the recipes bug me. Instead of bringing back the candy canes they took off they candy cane oven they gave us candy cane cookies. And I am so tired of the cake pops! The decor kinda bugs me too. It's not on the same level with the great decor of years past. The wallpaper and flooring are nice though.

Anyone else notice that on the blog they changed the tables and chairs to the boring regular ones already in the game? I wonder if we're actually getting the santa ones.

omg i just saw that now,, why are they changed?!

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 07:34 PM

Polar Bear Pops food
Elf Dolls decoration

http://i.imgur.com/d4ajgyW.png

CassieJo84
12-01-15, 07:37 PM
Wow, that's strange. Wonder what that could mean.

steelersbabyyy
12-01-15, 08:16 PM

they better come out with those santa chairs! i love them!

sleepygs
12-01-15, 08:17 PM
What? Those were fun looking tables! Please tell me maybe they are quickly resizing them as they looked a little large and they've been having that problem lately. (It's like the program they draw on isn't in sync with the game or something.) I don't even care if they are recycled from RS, I don't like that game and don't play it, so it's all new to me!

rocketsmama
12-01-15, 08:39 PM
Nothing says Christmas like a reindeer head mounted on the wall.....:p

luincristiel
12-01-15, 08:42 PM
Nothing says Christmas like a reindeer head mounted on the wall.....:p

I was a little taken away by that as well.
Would be a little odd if the same bakery has the dancing reindeers from prior years ;)

teammaggie
12-01-15, 08:51 PM
I can't believe they took those tables and chairs away. Maybe they were meant for a different update this month. As long as we end up getting them at some point, that's fine with me.

ImmortalLunchbox
12-01-15, 08:58 PM
Maybe they took away the tables and chairs because we were too happy with this update! :p

deekathleen
12-01-15, 09:11 PM
Oh man I was waiting for the tables and chairs. I need a winter christmas fix. I have a huge sad empty area in my restaurant and bakery.

Splinterelle
12-01-15, 10:30 PM
So I guess I'm not seeing this because I'm on android? Which one do I need to download this time?

sleepygs
12-01-15, 11:37 PM
So I guess I'm not seeing this because I'm on android? Which one do I need to download this time?
It's not released yet for anyone. We get previews the day before. iOS and Android update at the same time.

kristin5399
12-02-15, 12:39 AM
Finally some xmas stuff XD. I started playing in January and missed all of it last year. I would still love some windows with a Christmas scene outside tho.

kristin5399
12-02-15, 12:41 AM
I can't believe they took those tables and chairs away. Maybe they were meant for a different update this month. As long as we end up getting them at some point, that's fine with me.

I really hope they still release those tables and chairs...they are so cute!

youki388
12-02-15, 01:16 AM
Oh no! I badly need some Xmas furniture & deco, else how are (newer) players meant to decorate their bakeries for the festive season?!!! Unless they are saving it for the goals next week. I think goals are usually the second week of each month.

cheriegamer8
12-02-15, 01:30 AM
Yes, I don't understand why the Christmas decor is so slow in being introduced. By the time the goals get to the players, we'll be so involved in real life Christmas preparations we'll have to forego hearty participation, and it's the one Holiday I love the most!

CassieJo84
12-02-15, 07:13 AM
Yeah, it bugs me that they wait so long to roll out holiday/seasonal decor. I would like to decorate before the holiday/season starts, not 2 days before it's over.

deekathleen
12-02-15, 08:20 AM
This stuff is cute if you already have Christmas decorations from other years. Not so great if you really don't have anything already. This stuff is more filler than stuff that can be used to create a nice Christmas display.

CassieJo84
12-02-15, 08:27 AM
This stuff is cute if you already have Christmas decorations from other years. Not so great if you really don't have anything already. This stuff is more filler than stuff that can be used to create a nice Christmas display.

Exactly :(

WHICH is why I'm hoping for a big sale today or Friday (plz s8!)

taoyingying
12-02-15, 08:38 AM

I'm so confused... Are we going to get the santa table and chair or not? Those are actually my favorite of this update! I don't play RS so I really don't care if they are recycled.
Everything else in this update are very good too though, love the counter and nutcracker king :o

LadyEna
12-02-15, 09:58 AM
Hoping we get those Santa tables & chairs!
I do like everything so far.

Yep still wanting an X-Mas door.

ojapple96
12-02-15, 10:39 AM
Hoping we get those Santa tables & chairs!
I do like everything so far.

Yep still wanting an X-Mas door.

I have a white Christmas door with a green wreath for 12 gems in my wall decor tab - if I recall correctly that was offered last year at this time. Maybe newer players don't have that in their tab?

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 11:13 AM
s8 can i work with u guys in bakery story team n give u some ideas please XD

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:01 PM
its out everyone! and guess wat?!!! no chairs or tables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ievuxia
12-02-15, 12:05 PM
Hooray the bear and elves are for coins!!! But no chairs, tables, counters and the tiles are so expensive urghh!! :/

dianeupside
12-02-15, 12:05 PM
Bummed out no tbls/chrs, and tiles 5 gems each..... can't do a whole floor that way, or any part of my floor for that price!

Natasha_07
12-02-15, 12:12 PM
Can someone please tell me how much the reindeer and nutcracker cost ?

Thanks!

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:13 PM
Can someone please tell me how much the reindeer and nutcracker cost ?

Thanks!

nutcracker is 24 gems,, reindeer is 16,000 coins

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:16 PM
Bummed out no tbls/chrs, and tiles 5 gems each..... can't do a whole floor that way, or any part of my floor for that price!

n i thought 3 gems was too high for those gingerbread tiles, boy was i wrong

ojapple96
12-02-15, 12:20 PM
New oven is for coins but pretty steep $65,000 each anyone know recipes and times for the North Pole oven?

taoyingying
12-02-15, 12:21 PM
its out everyone! and guess wat?!!! no chairs or tables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Why why why?! I can do without the table (though its reaaaaaly cute), but the chair? It's easily one of the best chair released this year! I want it so badly Oo>_<oO

Natasha_07
12-02-15, 12:23 PM
nutcracker is 24 gems,, reindeer is 16,000 coins

Thanks, 24 gems ? I'm gonna drop, at least the wall guy is cheap.

bluefoxcrystal
12-02-15, 12:23 PM
The chair n table might be the goal stuff next week ^^ maybe that's why they removed it.

taoyingying
12-02-15, 12:24 PM
BTW, where is the counter? I can't find the new counter either?!

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:25 PM
What? Why why why?! I can do without the table (though its reaaaaaly cute), but the chair? It's easily one of the best chair released this year! I want it so badly Oo>_<oO

i kno i really wanted those chairs too! i was gonna put them with those one gift wrapped tables i got :(

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:25 PM
BTW, where is the counter? I can't find the new counter either?!

there isnt any of those either

taoyingying
12-02-15, 12:28 PM
there isnt any of those either

Well, no table, chair, and counter... I'm guessing those will be released as goal items next week :p

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:31 PM
Well, no table, chair, and counter... I'm guessing those will be released as goal items next week :p

it better lol i just made a thread in the bug part hopefully theyll let us kno for sure but cant count on that :(

orleansparish
12-02-15, 12:31 PM
I'm so confused... Are we going to get the santa table and chair or not? Those are actually my favorite of this update! I don't play RS so I really don't care if they are recycled.
Everything else in this update are very good too though, love the counter and nutcracker king :o

When did they change the tables and chairs?! Lame. I still need some. I sold all of my old ones. It's so rude to move seasonal items from old seasonal versions.

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:33 PM
When did they change the tables and chairs?! Lame. I still need some. I sold all of my old ones. It's so rude to move seasonal items from old seasonal versions.

hahaha i do the same thing. it is very rude :mad:

steelersbabyyy
12-02-15, 12:33 PM
UGH! i really wanted those tables!!!! :( i guess they're the tables next week for the goals

lenasdinner
12-02-15, 12:35 PM

I think those are old items

CassieJo84
12-02-15, 12:35 PM
Good catch, s8! You almost gave us a complete, full, cute update. Fixed that!

Lol @ 5 gems per tile....nope.

Glad that there are a couple of cute pieces for coins, though! :)

lenasdinner
12-02-15, 12:36 PM

why are you sellin your stuff?

PepperWoo
12-02-15, 12:37 PM
New oven is for coins but pretty steep $65,000 each anyone know recipes and times for the North Pole oven?

Bakerling
12-02-15, 12:41 PM

Wow you are fast. I manage to build 4 at the moment

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:41 PM
those are gonna take forever to master, not to mention the stove is so expensive too

LalaSmooth
12-02-15, 12:46 PM
those are gonna take forever to master, not to mention the stove is so expensive too

Yes and don't forget that we have 2 more appliances next week :)

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:49 PM
Yes and don't forget that we have 2 more appliances next week :)

yep omg these gonna have to wait until i get more rich next year

and yes the stuff left out now is for next weeks update, everyone was right

auroramom
12-02-15, 12:54 PM

Polar Bear Pops food
Elf Dolls decoration

So I was thinking the counters are new, but I don't see them. Are they a previously released counter that I don't have?

youki388
12-02-15, 12:55 PM
SOooo cheesed off at having no Xmas chairs & tables or counters for the festive season - thanks a bunch S8 lol. Am glad the wall reindeer, polar bear & elves are for coins. Will just have to be patient and wait till next Wed when the goals come out to finally get the festive furniture lol.

But 14k for wallpaper and 5 gems for tiles - u've gotta be kidding me! After buying the $65k oven, 3 wallpapers, 2 reindeers and the polar bear I only have $10k left. Will have to wait till some of my food sells before I can afford more deco... corr blimey no wonder we have to sell old stuff to get a bit of money to buy things! :D

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:57 PM
So I was thinking the counters are new, but I don't see them. Are they a previously released counter that I don't have?

next week

CassieJo84
12-02-15, 12:57 PM
SOooo cheesed off at having no Xmas chairs & tables or counters for the festive season - thanks a bunch S8 lol. Am glad the wall reindeer, polar bear & elves are for coins. Will just have to be patient and wait till next Wed when the goals come out to finally get the festive furniture lol.

But 14k for wallpaper and 5 gems for tiles - u've gotta be kidding me! After buying the $65k oven, 3 wallpapers, 2 reindeers and the polar bear I only have $10k left. Will have to wait till some of my food sells before I can afford more deco... corr blimey no wonder we have to sell old stuff to get a bit of money to buy things! :D

Careful! Make sure you have enough coins for goal next week :)

CassieJo84
12-02-15, 12:58 PM
I hope they do use those tables/chairs for goal so they will be for coins. Hopefully.

youki388
12-02-15, 01:00 PM

The counters are new in BS (I think). But they seem so similar to the 'frosty counter' in RS. As they are also light blue with a snowflake on. I think Aiyoosha can definitely go show/teach the design team a thing or two about 'creativity', instead of recycling old recipes and designs over and over again lol.

taoyingying
12-02-15, 01:03 PM
I don't quite understand... Why are you guys so short on coins? Do you trash a lot of food? I have over 2 million coins (after purchasing this update) so I don't even pay attention to the price tag of coin items :confused:

taoyingying
12-02-15, 01:05 PM
yep omg these gonna have to wait until i get more rich next year

and yes the stuff left out now is for next weeks update, everyone was right

You got confirmation from S8? Yay!!! I can definitely wait for one week! :D
Thanks for checking out for us!

youki388
12-02-15, 01:05 PM
Careful! Make sure you have enough coins for goal next week :)

Lol, thx CassieJo84 ;) I will defo start saving up. Better go make loadsa blueberry buckle/candy cookies & liberty cookies tonight and for the rest of the week lol (seeing as they earn more than RVC do!). I only have 4 gems so defo not getting those '5 gems' tiles! Will have to buy the $15k green snowflake ones (from the old Xmas version). These is turning out to be mega expensive lol.

ojapple96
12-02-15, 01:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cwSKtyz.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/85eM6vZ.png

Many thanks you rock!!!

twospoons
12-02-15, 01:10 PM
i'm happy with this update, though sympathetic to those who don't have previous holiday content to fall back on. it's great that most of the decor is for coins, especially the wallpaper i liked. and we have an early teaser for next week!

that tile price is ridiculous though. really hoping they have a previous stuff sale, because i want more of all the old holiday tiles.

I don't quite understand... Why are you guys so short on coins? Do you trash a lot of food? I have over 2 million coins (after purchasing this update) so I don't even pay attention to the price tag of coin items :confused:

people who expand for coins tend to worry about that more, i think, since those expansions are soooo expensive. personally, i'm with you, but i don't expand.

youki388
12-02-15, 01:22 PM

Lol, no way!... I never throw away food as its money down the drain! But being a fairly new player I spent most of my money on expansion. (it will be a while before the next expansion tho, as I need 6 million!!!). Its taken me just over 2 months to reach level 46. So am scrimping like mad coz when u keep buying new appliances & deco I find all my money goes super quick! For example I had a horrible time last week when I lost 100gems (don't ask me about it, as still miffed by those stupid traps/pop ups). Sure I got 1 million coins for it, but that quickly went as soon as I brought 4-6 each of a few goal appliances, walls, tiles & floor deco.

Not sure why Aiyoosha is poor tho, lol. Probably for the same reasons as me - keeps buying new appliances & deco all the time! Some of us women can't stop shopping hehe! :p

214sed
12-02-15, 02:00 PM
Little bit6 disaponinted. Both Resturant and Bakery story were not loading for 2 to 3 time. Finally it worked.

pieandcream
12-02-15, 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=youki388;1216584Probably for the same reasons as me - keeps buying new appliances & deco all the time! Some of us women can't stop shopping hehe! :p[/QUOTE]

i found only spending on essentials helps. its hard when u're just starting but as long as you 1) dont overbuy ovens (some people buy 8+, i usually go for 4-6 tops) and 2) refrain from buying all new decor, it works out well.
most decor stays for a while, so no need to stock up on everything just cause it came out + quite a few designs arent that good anyway. maybe im just picky XD

Mslovesz
12-02-15, 02:12 PM
so are we going to be getting tables & chairs??

Mslovesz
12-02-15, 02:12 PM
yea I have over 2 million coins too

Mslovesz
12-02-15, 02:13 PM
Yea I agree with you i have over 2 million coins too. for some People it might be harder because alot of things are getting more expensive such as the new oven. 👌😜👏💓👍

taoyingying
12-02-15, 02:23 PM
Lol, no way!... I never throw away food as its money down the drain! But being a fairly new player I spent most of my money on expansion. (it will be a while before the next expansion tho, as I need 6 million!!!). Its taken me just over 2 months to reach level 46. So am scrimping like mad coz when u keep buying new appliances & deco I find all my money goes super quick! For example I had a horrible time last week when I lost 100gems (don't ask me about it, as still miffed by those stupid traps/pop ups). Sure I got 1 million coins for it, but that quickly went as soon as I brought 4-6 each of a few goal appliances, walls, tiles & floor deco.

Not sure why Aiyoosha is poor tho, lol. Probably for the same reasons as me - keeps buying new appliances & deco all the time! Some of us women can't stop shopping hehe! :p

I need to correct myself, I actually have 20 mil coins, not 2 mil :p

Yeah I feel your pain on the expansion. I was not a new player but I wasn't there during those glorious old days when expansion only cost half as now. My last expansion was for 20 million coins. After the expansion and purchasing wall/floor to cover those extra tiles, I was broke like a joke. Then the goal just conveniently started and I couldn't afford anything. Have to wait for a few days selling leftover food before I can work on goals.
That's what bent me and I actually spent gems for the next upgrade. Now my bakery is not the largest, but same as twospoons, I stopped expanding :rolleyes:

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 02:34 PM

loooool im poor cuz i do expansions and omg they are so expensive! i only have 6 million right now and my next expansion is the 12million one :rolleyes: plus i keep buying ovens hahahaha gotta make those gems!

DragonWished
12-02-15, 02:54 PM
The tables and chairs are old design ... I got a few last year at RS. It would be nice to see them on a sale again there. If I recall correctly, the tables were for gems.

UGH! i really wanted those tables!!!! :( i guess they're the tables next week for the goals

Mslovesz
12-02-15, 02:54 PM
loooool im poor cuz i do expansions and omg they are so expensive! i only have 6 million right now and my next expansion is the 12million one :rolleyes: plus i keep buying ovens hahahaha gotta make those gems!

haha you guys make me sound poor 😂 I have over 2 mil coin & I need 4 mil to expand

ievuxia
12-02-15, 02:57 PM
The tables and chairs are old. It would be nice to see them on a sale. If I recall correctly, the tables were for gems.

Are you sure you're not confusing these ones with RS ones? Because they're sooo similar.

DragonWished
12-02-15, 03:05 PM
I fixed my post. Having trouble with keyboard apparently, whole words keep dropping off.

But, no not confused, just making observation about rerun of design. The chairs in the teaser are much smaller than the ones at RS.

Are you sure you're not confusing these ones with RS ones? Because they're sooo similar.

CeleryGrapes
12-02-15, 03:13 PM
I started playing during Thanksgiving goals in November 2014 - so just a little over a year ago. It took me about 10 months approximately to make level 99 just plinking away at it. Once I mastered RVC I haven't baked it since. The two main keys in my opinion to saving up a hoard is to not over expand (I'm currently 15 x 18) and to not spend it as fast as you make it. Be patient. I currently have 27,924,607 coins. I rarely buy more than 3-4 of each appliance and always complete the goals with plenty of time to spare. I'm not worried about mastering the recipes as soon as possible...I'll get there eventually. I try to use the economical tiles in bulk and use the more expensive tiles as accents. I don't buy a lot of stuff for gems...I think I've bought 2-3 crates in the past year. I have some great neighbors and I admire some of the wonderful gem d?cor in their bakeries when I visit. I might buy the next expansion for 8 million coins this month and then again maybe not...I kinda like having a hoard!! :D

kooky panda
12-02-15, 03:23 PM
so are we going to be getting tables & chairs??
The tables/chairs shown on the original blog photo were not quite ready, so they did have to change these.

Updated photo

http://41.media.tumblr.com/87d49c29b4a40a4e68b0ed1b3badd52e/tumblr_inline_nypiodRWJo1qm7yoc_540.png

youki388
12-02-15, 03:39 PM
Exactly! After the expansion & buying wallpaper/tiles etc I am totally broke taoyingying! :D So am having to wait for food to sell for some funds. After the goals next Wed I will be able to start saving up again properly. I am gonna leave expanding till Feb/Mar at least (so I can recuperate some profit lol). Woah! 20 mil... I can't wait till the day I ever earn that much! :)

youki388
12-02-15, 03:40 PM
Thank you for the advice piesandcream. Thing is I already follow most of it lol. As I am being careful not to overbuy by only sticking to 4-6 of each (whilst some like the candy oven I only get 2 of). I've been quite good... as I didn't like a lot of the recent updates anyways (e.g the pilgrim update I didn't buy anything apart from 3 of the ovens since the walls n deco was plain ugly IMO). So your definitely not picky! :p I just find a lot of recent updates lacklustre compared to the TL designs. I even refrained from the Halloween goals as I found the 2 goal ovens ugly and the goal prizes/decor too kiddish lol.

What I am spending on is all the older designs/deco & furnishings. I have stored most of my purchases away (just in case S8 remove anything seasonal in Jan). Oh that's where all my money went!... I was worried they will remove all the Halloween/thanksgiving stuff so brought 4-6 of candy cauldron, headstone, cornucopia, etc as well as some walls/tiles/tables/chairs & counters in the old Halloween version (such as the mummy & spooky walls & coffin counters) as u never know if they might suddenly remove those items too!! $70-90k per counter was crazy lol. So only got 2 of them! :D

youki388
12-02-15, 03:42 PM
The tables/chairs shown on the original blog photo were not quite ready, so they did have to change these.

Updated photo

http://41.media.tumblr.com/87d49c29b4a40a4e68b0ed1b3badd52e/tumblr_inline_nypiodRWJo1qm7yoc_540.png

Thanks for looking into it Kooky :) Can you also find out if it was same with the counters? Thank you.

kooky panda
12-02-15, 04:40 PM
Thanks for looking into it Kooky :) Can you also find out if it was same with the counters? Thank you.
Sorry the counters have also been delayed.

New Blog photo

http://40.media.tumblr.com/af5192f3a495e50896403ca24fecb798/tumblr_inline_nyr7dkdfvK1qm7yoc_540.pngWhat?s cracking? Nut-thing is going to stop the Nutcracker King from enjoying all the festivities happening in Bakery Story (https://www.facebook.com/bakerystory)!

Polar Bear Pops food
Elf Dolls decoration

214sed
12-02-15, 05:20 PM
I just wish before Christmas there was a more size of Expansion.:(

orleansparish
12-03-15, 12:13 AM
why are you sellin your stuff?

I'm level 99 and have a fully expanded shop. I'm someone who will buy up to 12 appliances to master and am always Decorating. It gets expensive. Especially with those 90,000 green tables I love. And with appliances being super over priced, I ran out of money last year during the Xmas goals. And then again when we had all that Valentine stuff on sale. I sold my seasonal stuff not expecting them to remove it again.

Right now I have under 4 million coins but will not go under 3 million, since I'm done buying tiles. I don't do RVC since I'm always cooking and mastering old stuff.

orleansparish
12-03-15, 12:16 AM

What level are you? This is what happened to me during the Xmas goals last year. I couldn't even do them on my smaller account. I could only afford 2 of those super expensive stoves and couldn't finish in time. I was so annoyed because I loved that elf kitchen. Try to see if you can get your neighbors to send you food. Get it for free, while you cook and sell your own! Because I have a feeling next weeks items will be expensive too.

Right now I have 4 new ovens. But after I master my green juice and citrine tea, I'll probably buy four to six more.

orleansparish
12-03-15, 12:20 AM
I need to correct myself, I actually have 20 mil coins, not 2 mil :p

Yeah I feel your pain on the expansion. I was not a new player but I wasn't there during those glorious old days when expansion only cost half as now. My last expansion was for 20 million coins. After the expansion and purchasing wall/floor to cover those extra tiles, I was broke like a joke. Then the goal just conveniently started and I couldn't afford anything. Have to wait for a few days selling leftover food before I can work on goals.
That's what bent me and I actually spent gems for the next upgrade. Now my bakery is not the largest, but same as twospoons, I stopped expanding :rolleyes:

Gosh! 20 million?! The LAST time I had so many coins were before the prices were doubled. I used gems to expand, since I was a few coins short of the 10 million expansion and used the coins to buy tables and chairs. I got up to maybe 6 million last winter but again used it on decor when I fully expanded again this year. I'm sure I'll be able to save once I'm done mastering and buying appliances but I don't have the patience to master things using less than 8 ovens. It's tedious and I want gems more than I do coins.

Being done with my flooring but needing to buy the new wallpaper and reindeers I should be fine. BUT if they do a huge Xmas sale next week I know I'll be broke again. This time however, I'm not selling nothing!

luincristiel
12-03-15, 01:34 AM
Gosh! 20 million?! The LAST time I had so many coins were before the prices were doubled. I used gems to expand, since I was a few coins short of the 10 million expansion and used the coins to buy tables and chairs. I got up to maybe 6 million last winter but again used it on decor when I fully expanded again this year. I'm sure I'll be able to save once I'm done mastering and buying appliances but I don't have the patience to master things using less than 8 ovens. It's tedious and I want gems more than I do coins.

Being done with my flooring but needing to buy the new wallpaper and reindeers I should be fine. BUT if they do a huge Xmas sale next week I know I'll be broke again. This time however, I'm not selling nothing!

Do you use the spoon feeding layout? It's ugly but very effective - I have around 33 million coins now and almost never have to worry about things priced in coins. And I got 2s of floor items, and at least 6 ovens, chairs and tables priced in coins. I also never used gems for expansions - my next will cost me 30m.

LalaSmooth
12-03-15, 02:43 AM
So the santa chair and tables were part of goals for next week? Oooooooooooh

youki388
12-03-15, 08:49 AM
What level are you? This is what happened to me during the Xmas goals last year. I couldn't even do them on my smaller account. I could only afford 2 of those super expensive stoves and couldn't finish in time. Right now I have 4 new ovens. But after I master my green juice and citrine tea, I'll probably buy four to six more.

Hiya orleansparish :) I am on level 46 on BS and lvl 50 on RS. With both games every time I manage to save some money I end up spending it all on deco, furnishings and appliances. Thanks for the advice hun. But I always end up with too much food on BS lol, as I've been mastering a lot of the shorter time recipes for the gems. I only have 2 of the new ovens too. But plan on getting 2 more next week (once my food has sold and I've got some profit). I think its more to do with self control - will most probably stop splurging once Xmas sales are over ;) :p

choconutmilk
12-03-15, 10:32 AM
Do you use the spoon feeding layout? It's ugly but very effective - I have around 33 million coins now and almost never have to worry about things priced in coins. And I got 2s of floor items, and at least 6 ovens, chairs and tables priced in coins. I also never used gems for expansions - my next will cost me 30m.
Spoon feeding layout? Can you explain it to me? I'm stuck with so many foods and very few coins. Wonder how you can have 33 millions? How long does it take to get to 33 millions? Hope you don't mind me asking 😁

aiyoosha
12-03-15, 11:46 AM

i want that layout please show me your ways i need more coins

kooky panda
12-03-15, 12:22 PM

Hey guys, the thread is getting off topic! Please start a new thread for this topic.
Thanks!

luincristiel
12-03-15, 07:48 PM
Hey guys, the thread is getting off topic! Please start a new thread for this topic.
Thanks!

Sorry Kooky.

For strategies on profit making please refer to what other players called "feeding pen layout" in this thread:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64688-Profits-and-Strategy

And just to stay on topic-
I like this week's update although I wish the oven were cheaper.
If we can have a Christmas sale that would be perfect :)

ievuxia
12-04-15, 04:11 AM
No sale this week.. :/

geordieprogman
12-04-15, 04:45 AM
No sale this week.. :/

It's often later on a Friday. It's usually 7pm GMT for me. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. :)

CassieJo84
12-04-15, 08:12 AM
I really hope we get a winter/Christmas sale today. :)

darko5
12-04-15, 08:53 AM
I really enjoyed this update!
The recipes are pretty and the items are cute and appealing!
Wished there were chairs and tables though:(

ievuxia
12-04-15, 09:05 AM
It's often later on a Friday. It's usually 7pm GMT for me. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. :)

Oh, you're right. I thought sales usually appear after reset, but I went to another thread to check when the last (fall) sale appeared and it was 7pm GMT for me too. So I guess sales appear at the same hour like usual updates. Thanks for correcting me! I can still hope for a sale today lol :)

deekathleen
12-04-15, 09:10 AM
Yes and just think if they gave the players what they were asking for they could get people to spend gems legit and not need gem traps.

I was also miffed that there was nothing for coins on the bf sale. There should be a nice mix of both gems and coin items.

geordieprogman
12-04-15, 09:48 AM
Oh, you're right. I thought sales usually appear after reset, but I went to another thread to check when the last (fall) sale appeared and it was 7pm GMT for me too. So I guess sales appear at the same hour like usual updates. Thanks for correcting me! I can still hope for a sale today lol :)

You are very welcome my friend. It's probably just wishful thinking anyway. At least at 7pm I'll be able to uncross my fingers lol

geordieprogman
12-04-15, 12:05 PM
Well 7pm and nowt there. Maybe next week! :(

deekathleen
12-04-15, 01:25 PM
Why did we even have a winter holiday suggestion thread???

ievuxia
12-04-15, 01:52 PM

Maybe they'll do a sale in the end of winter. Or in spring.. lol

Natasha_07
12-04-15, 02:22 PM

It's hopeless I tell you, hopeless.

214sed
12-04-15, 02:41 PM

I doubt it.

LalaSmooth
12-04-15, 03:21 PM

No sale here and it's 10pm GMT

forensgrad23
12-04-15, 04:13 PM
If they keep BS2 & RS2, I'll find new games. I hate the #2 version of the games!

bunnipowerz
12-05-15, 06:30 AM

I don't understand why we have any of those threads. Noone listens. :/ oh well, I'll still play for the time being, but I don't see myself playing for much longer. This last update was HORRIBLE and I won't even mention BF. We'll see what happens....

Mslovesz
12-05-15, 07:37 AM
Yeah so does anyone else find it weird that fall we have a sale but when we ask for it the most we dont..