PDA

View Full Version : Best Gold dragon to buy

harobeda
11-28-15, 02:07 PM
I believe evolution times and food costs are the most important factors in buying a gold dragon. Even at the 800 gold/dragon price, if you get it up to a 10 it'll pay for itself in less than half a year. I looked in the dragon story wiki to get food amounts and evolving times, so hopefully they're correct. If so, here's the breakdown of each gold dragon:

Goldwing:
Food: 125+250+625+1500+3750+6250+15000+35000+62500= 125,000
Evolving Time: 27 hours

Sterling Silver:
Food: 100+200+500+1200+3000+5000+12000+28000+50000= 100,000
Evolving Time: 8 hours

Goldleaf:
Evolving Time: 22 hours

Treasure:
Evolving Time: 19 hours

Rose Gold:
Evolving Time: 21 hours

Gilded:
Evolving Time: 30 hours

Forbidden:
Food: 125+250+625+1500+3750+6250+15000+35000+62500 = 125,000
Evolving Time: 6 hours

White Gold:
Evolving Time: 21 hours

Midas:
Evolving Time: 36 hours

Stainglass:
Evolving Time: 26 hours

I'd say that Sterling Silver is the BEST buy, and Forbidden the next best. Now, for those who want to buy one, I wish that we all have a gold sale before/on Monday!

ecxtasy
11-28-15, 02:21 PM
If you are going to buy and they are on sale for limited time and you only have 1 nest I suggest you factor in hatching time.

harobeda
11-28-15, 02:39 PM
Hatching time should be the same as the evolving time. Times listed above are not cumulative.

The only hatching time and evolving time I've seen be different is Mercury and maybe a crafted dragon. But if you're getting more than one dragon, it's vital to consider hatching times, since you cannot put a purchased dragon in storage.

Although... My only accidental gold purchase was a couple of years ago and I bought the snowman dragon while dismissing the pop up ads... And that one went into my storage. Nowadays it goes straight to the nest.

harobeda
11-28-15, 02:52 PM
Also - treasure dragon gives +2 gold from a goal. The goldwing dragon's goal gives +1 gold if you also have the dragonride shrine.

DeeDe99
11-28-15, 02:54 PM
Thanks for this summary! My plan is to buy three, providing I can get all my ducks in a row: nests, Tales required breeding, another habitat.

Simdiva
11-28-15, 03:17 PM
I guess if one bought sterling first there is the potential to add another on the same nest later in the day

pernmagic
11-28-15, 03:28 PM
I guess if one bought sterling first there is the potential to add another on the same nest later in the day

Yup that should work for you unfortunately I already have that one but have stopped breeding to keep nests free for Monday , needs some planning timing wise at least I have homes for them just have to give priority for feeding them :)

ecxtasy
11-28-15, 04:54 PM
I screenshot this good info from last year's thread.

Hope it helps someone. Think best to go for expired and most expensive first. Gonna go look up link for old thread as some tremendous info in there as to strategy of buying which.

mylord7
11-28-15, 05:18 PM
I have almost 1300 gold and i was planning to buy 2 Gold Dragons, because i was thinking they would cost 600/each.
Now that they cost 800/each i will buy only one and i was thinking that the best buy is the Treasure Dragon or the Gilded Dragon which cost 2000 gold and so the discount is bigger (60%).
But i realised that probably we can buy even the expired ones (Midas Dragon and Stainglass Dragon) and i am thinking to buy one of them, although there will be actually no discount for them.

DeeDe99
11-28-15, 05:28 PM
As I understand it, the Treasure Terrace has no build time, so if anyone (like me) is in need of an additional Treasure Terrace, I suggest they hold off until the last minute in case these go on sale on Cyber Monday.

DeeDe99
11-28-15, 05:29 PM
Mylord7, why do you think there will be no discount for Midas and Stainglass? Asking because I rather like Stainglass.

devlinholics
11-28-15, 05:32 PM
Omg I forgot the habitat is 8million 0uch pretty hard for a lvl55 to raise that much... Unless I spend gold to buy silver that must be silly

hiabarara
11-28-15, 05:41 PM
I have almost 1300 gold and i was planning to buy 2 Gold Dragons, because i was thinking they would cost 600/each.
Now that they cost 800/each i will buy only one and i was thinking that the best buy is the Treasure Dragon or the Gilded Dragon which cost 2000 gold and so the discount is bigger (60%).
But i realised that probably we can buy even the expired ones (Midas Dragon and Stainglass Dragon) and i am thinking to buy one of them, although there will be actually no discount for them.

This is exactly my dilemma right now :D I have the same train of thought as you. I'm not sure if I'll buy one of the usually more expensive ones or one of the expired ones.

Mylord7, why do you think there will be no discount for Midas and Stainglass? Asking because I rather like Stainglass.

Because the pop up says all dragons are 800 gold. And Midas and Stainglass are normally 800 gold anyway.

mylord7
11-28-15, 05:44 PM
As I understand it, the Treasure Terrace has no build time, so if anyone (like me) is in need of an additional Treasure Terrace, I suggest they hold off until the last minute in case these go on sale on Cyber Monday.
Yes, Treasure Terrace has no building time and is ready instantly after your purchase.

Because the buying price for these 2 dragons is 800 gold and the Cyber Offer for each dragon is 800 gold too.
So, there is no discount for them, but they are special ones because they are expired and we can't buy them whenever we want!

DeeDe99
11-28-15, 05:53 PM
Hiabarara & Mylord7 - thank you for the clarification! I didn't realise the normal price of those two, given they are expired and not in my Market. Maybe they will be reduced too in some way? Would seem odd to have all the others up to 60% off and those two not, but I guess OTOH if they were in the Market these days they would carry a 1,600 price tag, so bringing them back allows people to get all 10 possibly.

mylord7
11-28-15, 05:57 PM
This is exactly my dilemma right now :D I have the same train of thought as you. I'm not sure if I'll buy one of the usually more expensive ones or one of the expired ones.
I don't like these kind of trains, cause they **** my brain cells... :p

So, we have a new battle arena match, Expensive Ones Vs Expired Ones :D

And the winner tend to be the Expired Ones because of their rarity ;)
The Expensive Ones can be bought whenever we want, even in future offers, but we aren't sure if the Expired Ones will be also available in the future :confused:

mylord7
11-28-15, 06:01 PM
Would seem odd to have all the others up to 60% off and those two not, but I guess OTOH if they were in the Market these days they would carry a 1,600 price tag...
Well, as far as i know, the price tag was always 800 gold for these 2 dragons, even on time when they expired. But, last year the special offer was 600/each gold dragon and not 800 as this time, so there was a little discount for these expired dragons too.
Perhaps, in my opinion, they expired them, cause game owners changed their plans and decided that a normal price for a golden dragon is 1600 or more.
So, it was unfair to change the price for these 2 dragons, they expired them and made all the new gold dragons with new prices that fit to their needs.

hiabarara
11-28-15, 06:13 PM
I don't like these kind of trains, cause they **** my brain cells... :p

So, we have a new battle arena match, Expensive Ones Vs Expired Ones :D

And the winner tend to be the Expired Ones because of their rarity ;)
The Expensive Ones can be bought whenever we want, even in future offers, but we aren't sure if the Expired Ones will be also available in the future :confused:
You made me laugh :D
And again - I'm right there with you :) At the moment I think I'll buy Midas. It has the longer Incubation time and if there won't be another interesting dragon for me to buy then it'll be okay for my nest to be occupied this long.

mylord7
11-28-15, 06:47 PM
You made me laugh :D
And again - I'm right there with you :) At the moment I think I'll buy Midas. It has the longer Incubation time and if there won't be another interesting dragon for me to buy then it'll be okay for my nest to be occupied this long.
You are absolutely right and i totally agree with you! :)
There is no Battle Arena match, like Stainglass Dragon Vs Midas Dragon, cause Stainglass is fighting with Bashes and Magic, when Midas uses only Ultimate hits :p :D
Besides, i like the name "Midas" and it's design, more than the Stainglass' one :cool:

willow_12
11-28-15, 07:11 PM
I have never bought a dragon from the market before. Do they go into storage? There is absolutely no way I will be able to buy a treasure terrace before then, but I would like to buy 3 gold dragons. TIA

DeeDe99
11-28-15, 07:38 PM
I have never bought a dragon from the market before. Do they go into storage? There is absolutely no way I will be able to buy a treasure terrace before then, but I would like to buy 3 gold dragons. TIA

No, they do not go into Storage. You must have a nest available for any dragon you buy from the Market.

mylord7
11-28-15, 07:44 PM
When you buy a dragon it doesn't go to the storage but the egg of the dragon goes directly to your empty nest and starts the incubation.
So, you need to have an empty nest and of course an empty habitat when the incubation finishes.
If you want 3 gold dragons, you need more than 1 nest, otherwise you have to calculate the incubation time of each gold dragon to see which dragons fit to the time that the offer remains active.
A possible scenario would be: Sterling -> Forbidden and then whichever you prefer of the rest.

harobeda
11-28-15, 07:45 PM
I have 5 gold dragons currently. I just got enough gold to where I could buy 3 gold dragons OR I could buy prime chroma plus 2 gold dragons. I can't decide what to do, but I need to decide in the next couple of hours. Opinions?

I have Rainbow Sentinel, so I don't really "need" chroma for battles. And as long as he's breedable, I could get chroma once I level up a couple more dragons.... Decisions!

AwesomeChefDad
11-28-15, 08:03 PM
I think 800 is too much for these, I think 600 is an ok deal, but 800 means half a year payback, that isnt a good return at all. I have 8 of them, was considering finishing what I didnt have but at 800 cost I dont know.

ecxtasy
11-28-15, 08:22 PM
800 does seem like a lot but in the end if you like the game then it is nice to support the developers.

I like that they give alot of free gold via downloading games weekly. I tend to keep away from gold traps. When accumaling a fair bit of gold I spend it before I can get trapped!

At the end of the day nobody is being forced to buy gold. The game can be played absolutely free with no gold purchases. Just need a huge amount of patience.

I enjoy playing the game. People buy x box games for so much more. Or watch a film at the cinema. The Popcorn drink and snacks cost more than these dragons let alone the movie lol. If it's entertaining enjoy yourself and treat yourself for entertainment.

willow_12
11-28-15, 08:40 PM
Thank you everyone for replying, I should have read the thread more carefully as I realise someone answered my question earlier on. :-p Right, I'd better start collecting coins then and hope I have enough to buy the habitat by Monday. Thanks for the tip on it completing immediately. I have two nests so at least I can buy 2. I'm thinking goldleaf ( I battled an epic one recently and fell in love) and rose gold.

DeeDe99
11-28-15, 08:45 PM
Ecxtasy - agree wholeheartedly. Very well said.

devlinholics
11-28-15, 09:19 PM
I am curious over one thing since this is my first gold dragon lol

Do you all buy dragons that is expire? From what I read there are 2 I believe...As yr first dragon?

Buy dragon that is cheaper to feed or short evolve time like silver, as yr first dragon?

Buy dragon that is the most expensive in market value 2000 but we get at 800 flat as your first dragon?

Buy dragon regardless of everything above but you just love the design of that dragon because it is yr first dragon lol

I am the person who goes for design n artwork of dragons regardless of rarity when I play DS, just curious since all gold dragons are 800flat lol

Edit: I love the design of forbidden sadly many of my Neighbours disagree n told me to get silver first

redstar177
11-28-15, 09:27 PM
I am curious over one thing since this is my first gold dragon lol

Do you all buy dragons that is expire? From what I read there are 2 I believe...As yr first dragon?

Buy dragon that is cheaper to feed or short evolve time like silver, as yr first dragon?

Buy dragon that is the most expensive in market value 2000 but we get at 800 flat as your first dragon?

Buy dragon regardless of everything above but you just love the design of that dragon because it is yr first dragon lol

I am the person who goes for design n artwork of dragons regardless of rarity when I play DS, just curious since all gold dragons are 800flat lol

Edit: I love the design of forbidden sadly many of my Neighbours disagree n told me to get silver first

I have enough gold saved to get 3 dragons, all of which I will buy based on my favorite designs. First, I will get Stainglass, because I have always envied it on other's islands, and as an Android user, this will be my first opportunity to get one :o
Next, I will probably get Treasure and either Goldleaf or Gilded, because they are my next favorites (after Forbidden and White Gold, whom I have already).

Although Sterling Silver is a very smart choice (due to low evolution/incubation time and food costs), I just don't like it as much. So I am basing my decision off of looks entirely.

I hate Goldwing (aka Chicken Wing), so won't consider it. On a related note, I also wish I could trade my Rose Gold for a different gold dragon, I think she looks like one of those science diagrams of a body's musculature...gross.

krissy5000
11-28-15, 10:05 PM
As of today I can afford 1, and I'm going by design as well. I'm choosing between Gilded and Forbidden (I have White and Rose Gold already) and was leaning towards Gilded as it's a higher discount. But the hatching/evolution times have me leaning more towards Forbidden now.

roguebee
11-28-15, 10:15 PM
Thank you everyone for replying, I should have read the thread more carefully as I realise someone answered my question earlier on. :-p Right, I'd better start collecting coins then and hope I have enough to buy the habitat by Monday. Thanks for the tip on it completing immediately. I have two nests so at least I can buy 2. I'm thinking goldleaf ( I battled an epic one recently and fell in love) and rose gold.

Keep in mind that you don't have to have the habitat when you buy the dragons, if don't mind having your nests tied up while saving up the last few coins.

pernmagic
11-29-15, 01:56 AM
800 does seem like a lot but in the end if you like the game then it is nice to support the developers.

I like that they give alot of free gold via downloading games weekly. I tend to keep away from gold traps. When accumaling a fair bit of gold I spend it before I can get trapped!

At the end of the day nobody is being forced to buy gold. The game can be played absolutely free with no gold purchases. Just need a huge amount of patience.

I enjoy playing the game. People buy x box games for so much more. Or watch a film at the cinema. The Popcorn drink and snacks cost more than these dragons let alone the movie lol. If it's entertaining enjoy yourself and treat yourself for entertainment.

Well said there I totally agree, I used to play Xbox games plus many more and can be very expensive ..... With dragon story we have a choice how we play and pay ..... Some of us have been playing 2 years and more and understand patience to get what we need or want ...... TL is a business and ok there are glitches but it's a complicated world wide game and the mods do what they can to sort out problems and they did tell us to watch for Friday AND Monday for sales and they have come up trumps with offers ......
So let's just enjoy buying what we can afford and enjoy using it to the best :)

pernmagic
11-29-15, 02:00 AM
Keep in mind that you don't have to have the habitat when you buy the dragons, if don't mind having your nests tied up while saving up the last few coins.
Again well said I have decided to forfeit the boosted breed to keep nests free for Monday ...... Life is a choice we don't have to do everything at once :)

zyfazix
11-29-15, 05:02 AM
I'll only buy one dragon this sale, still have to choose out of three I like, Goldleaf, Stainglass and Sterling Silver. Leaning towards Stainglass because it's expired. By the time the next Gold Dragon sale is around I'll probably have enough to buy another dragon, maybe two. I could buy 250 gold and get two dragons but this game is just not worth to €7 to €10 right now

lady_saphira
11-29-15, 06:15 AM
I'll be buying 2...out of the ones available, I only really care for sterling silver, treasure & gold leaf... Which 2 to buy? I already have white gold. The others, I'm not really fond of. I'll but them eventually, but for now, I'm going to buy based on design. As they all have the same gold output, the only deciding factor is food cost really since I have 2 nests. Such hard decisions!

hoffm1179
11-29-15, 07:31 AM
What doesn't make any sense to me is why would they limit the amount of Treasure Terraces you can have on your island? I have 5 gold dragons, each in their own habitat to maximize gold with minimum collection times. It appears that 5 is the max, as I have the dreaded "limit reached" grayed out block over the habitat in my market. You would think they would allow you to buy as many as you wanted, as that means you are spending good for the dragons that will inhabit that habitat... No?

hiabarara
11-29-15, 07:48 AM
What doesn't make any sense to me is why would they limit the amount of Treasure Terraces you can have on your island? I have 5 gold dragons, each in their own habitat to maximize gold with minimum collection times. It appears that 5 is the max, as I have the dreaded "limit reached" grayed out block over the habitat in my market. You would think they would allow you to buy as many as you wanted, as that means you are spending good for the dragons that will inhabit that habitat... No?

Yes, 5 of those habitats is the maximum. And the reason for that is probably that they don't want you to get this gold too easily. With all 10 Gold dragons you could get 50 gold a day and apparently they don't like that :rolleyes:

roguebee
11-29-15, 08:04 AM

Answered my question before I could even ask. I thought it made more sense to have 1 dragon per habitat since coins are not a problem on the account. Didn't realize that 5 habitats were the limit.

AwesomeChefDad
11-29-15, 09:13 AM
I bet they will give another terrace tomorrow, but lets see.

And if I were giving advice, the Sterling Silver is the smartest decision, it was the fastest evolve and lowest food dragon.

rasike
11-29-15, 11:55 AM
I was going to buy 3 gold giving dragons if they were 600 gold each. Now I only can get two. I need 250 more gold for the third one. I decided to get Treasure dragon first because I like it's design and it costs 2,000 and I will get 2 gold for the quest then. The second dragon I will buy will be Stainglass or Midas because they are expired. I am not sure about the third one. I like the design of the Goldleaf best. I have 20% gold sale now. I wonder if there will be a gold sale on Monday or I should get the extra gold today.

mylord7
11-29-15, 12:52 PM
I bet they will give another terrace tomorrow, but lets see.
I don't think that they will give another terrace. All the dragons remain 10, which fit to the limited 5 terraces.
Perhaps, the terraces will cost less tomorrow, but we don't know for sure.
According to the history of the game, they will give a new terrace, when they give a new Gold Dragon, the 11th one.

Hawk1
11-29-15, 01:54 PM
Sterling Silver and Stainedglass will be roaming my island tomorrow, Treasure will have to wait for another day since it would wipe out the last of my gold and I'm ok with that. Choices :)

Since I will only buy gold when I have a gold sale I want to have enough gold if there is anything on sale @ Christmas that I need/want.

luckyaa7
11-29-15, 01:57 PM
I hope there is a gold sale so I can buy one tomorrow...

Hawk1
11-29-15, 02:02 PM
I hope there is a gold sale so I can buy one tomorrow...

I hope you have a gold sale, it's odd how some get more sales than others. No rhyme or reason as far as I can tell why sales happen every week for some and almost never for others. I've spent money on multiple S8 games over the years and in some games everyone had the same sales, but DS not so much :(

devlinholics
11-29-15, 05:51 PM
Need advice guys.... I am lvl55 I have enough gold for my first dragon.... I can afford 2 more if I am willing to buy gold But the 8mill habitat is really not $$$ well spend...

It is too hard for me to get 8million in time... My income even if I dun plant anything, stop expansion, dun do battles maybe for straight 3 weeks or 1month I get around that figure... I am not even close to 2million or 1.5mill atm...

It is pretty stupid to buy gold to get 10million silver from market it cost me 1000gold even more expensive than the discount gold dragon... I could afford my first gold dragon or maybe spend gold to get 3total but that means I need additional 2k gold just for their habitat...

I have 2nest seriously I dun intend to get 3nest it is not fully utilise if I get the 3rd nest... If I store 1 nest with gold dragon it is like parking it for 1month lol

Any advice?? Tks in advance

DeeDe99
11-29-15, 06:27 PM
Hi Devlinholics, no real advice from me on this one. I don't think I could have done it at level 55. Remember you don't have to have the habitat straight away, but having an egg sitting on your nest for a month would be difficult.

What I would do is this. I'd wait and see if the habitats are on sale as well. There is talk they went for 2 million last year, but may not be that low this year based on the price comparison of other items. One habitat would allow you to get two gold dragons. If you had 250 gold for 5 million coins (assuming the habitat is reduced to 5 million coins or less) then it would be worthwhile I think. The habitat only takes 2 dragons, not 3.

If the habitats aren't on sale, then maybe you have to wait until you are a little higher level and can accumulate the coins. It won't take long, you will get there quickly. Maybe by Christmas and there has also been talk of gold dragons on sale at CHristmas, so maybe you aim for that?

DeeDe99
11-29-15, 06:34 PM
OK, I'm set. Now just waiting for the sale to happen.

Well, ALMOST set - I have a second Knight dragon about to need a nest, which was not my plan at all. Night Imp will hatch before I need nests, so I will have two nests free and will have to decide whether to speed up the Knight incubation if I want to third.

Despite being level 103, like Devlinholics above, I have a habitat problem though. I have 8,609,195 coins and if I buy two or three gold dragons I will need a second Treasure Terrace. If I have to pay 8 million coins, I will be BROKE! Expansions cost me an arm and a leg now, let alone those darn trees that cost 800,000 to clear after the expansion. Decisions, decisions.

I could just buy 1 dragon now and hope for more on sale at Christmas time, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

All I have to do is make a darn decision!!

hoffm1179
11-29-15, 07:29 PM
Yes, 5 of those habitats is the maximum. And the reason for that is probably that they don't want you to get this gold too easily. With all 10 Gold dragons you could get 50 gold a day and apparently they don't like that :rolleyes:

Yes, but how much gold do you need to spend to get those 10 dragons to earn that 50 gold/day? Even if you get ALL 10 at 800 gold/each, that's 8000 gold. Just to break even, you would have to collect from all 5 habitats twice a day, since they max out at 5 gold/day, for 160 days.

You would think that S8 would want you to buy as many gold dragons as you want/can, which means unlimited gold habitats...

devlinholics
11-29-15, 08:20 PM
Yes, but how much gold do you need to spend to get those 10 dragons to earn that 50 gold/day? Even if you get ALL 10 at 800 gold/each, that's 8000 gold. Just to break even, you would have to collect from all 5 habitats twice a day, since they max out at 5 gold/day, for 160 days.

You would think that S8 would want you to buy as many gold dragons as you want/can, which means unlimited gold habitats...

One thing I do not like is you cannot get the second gold dragon lol, I accept that we can only have 10x gold dragon... But seriously I would like all 10x forbidden breeding instead of 10x different gold dragons

DeeDe99
11-29-15, 08:36 PM

There has to be a limit because allowing players to have gold producing dragons cuts their future revenue stream from those players, yet the costs of providing the game to those same players continues unabated into the future. No business plans to go out of business.

I think the gold dragons are a nice "thank you" to long term players as they never have to buy gold again. 160 days is a pretty good break even really. After all, there is little else we buy in life, especially entertainment related, that pays for itself at all. Not that we can turn unused gold into real dollars, but it does mean we can utilise the features never paying another cent of real money.

pernmagic
11-30-15, 01:08 AM

If this helps you, four of mine are L7 and give 4 gold a day , one is L10 and gives 5 ..... Because of the food necessary to raise the four higher I've been content for now just to keep them giving four a day ..... It does build up your free gold till I can feed them up .... Good luck :)

pernmagic
11-30-15, 01:44 AM
OK, I'm set. Now just waiting for the sale to happen.

Well, ALMOST set - I have a second Knight dragon about to need a nest, which was not my plan at all. Night Imp will hatch before I need nests, so I will have two nests free and will have to decide whether to speed up the Knight incubation if I want to third.

Despite being level 103, like Devlinholics above, I have a habitat problem though. I have 8,609,195 coins and if I buy two or three gold dragons I will need a second Treasure Terrace. If I have to pay 8 million coins, I will be BROKE! Expansions cost me an arm and a leg now, let alone those darn trees that cost 800,000 to clear after the expansion. Decisions, decisions.

I could just buy 1 dragon now and hope for more on sale at Christmas time, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

All I have to do is make a darn decision!!

Dee I know you enjoy the decorations on your island but if you put some in storage to free up some space for a while you will have space for your extra habitats ..... I would like to put decorations on mine but need the space more .....

DeeDe99
11-30-15, 02:37 AM
Dee I know you enjoy the decorations on your island but if you put some in storage to free up some space for a while you will have space for your extra habitats ..... I would like to put decorations on mine but need the space more .....

I know, I know - LOL! If I have to I will. I could fit about another 4 or 5 I think. Plus I have enough land mined to do a couple more of those, coins permitting.

Just waiting for the sale to start.......... :cool:

orleansparish
11-30-15, 02:48 AM
I wouldn't let food be the reason I don't buy one dragon over another. Rarity and how often one goes on sale should be the decision. Gold wing was the most expensive of them all and only went on sale once if I'm not mistaken. Last year. Which is when I finally bought him. Midas isn't always brought out either. So id choose one of those too.

As far as people talking about how many days you have to collect to get your gold back, big deal! I play everyday and collected my gold everyday and made my money back tenfold. You can't look at it as a one year thing. Oh it'll take this many days in one year to make the gold spent back. You have to be proactive and say, wow I can earn such and such amount of gold EVERY year, by getting them to epic and collecting. It's quite simple.

I don't have a boatload of food right now. Only around 160,000. I'll keep planting and taking turns feeding the 2nd and 3rd to level 4, then 7 and then epic. I look at it as every time a habitat comes or thr stable goes on sale or the useless diamond temple, I won't have to purchase gold every again. And since last year I hadn't. That's a pretty convincing reason to get them, IF you are someone who buys gold regularly. Otherwise one gold dragon really won't make much of a difference.

pernmagic
11-30-15, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't let food be the reason I don't buy one dragon over another. Rarity and how often one goes on sale should be the decision. Gold wing was the most expensive of them all and only went on sale once if I'm not mistaken. Last year. Which is when I finally bought him. Midas isn't always brought out either. So id choose one of those too.

As far as people talking about how many days you have to collect to get your gold back, big deal! I play everyday and collected my gold everyday and made my money back tenfold. You can't look at it as a one year thing. Oh it'll take this many days in one year to make the gold spent back. You have to be proactive and say, wow I can earn such and such amount of gold EVERY year, by getting them to epic and collecting. It's quite simple.

I don't have a boatload of food right now. Only around 160,000. I'll keep planting and taking turns feeding the 2nd and 3rd to level 4, then 7 and then epic. I look at it as every time a habitat comes or thr stable goes on sale or the useless diamond temple, I won't have to purchase gold every again. And since last year I hadn't. That's a pretty convincing reason to get them, IF you are someone who buys gold regularly. Otherwise one gold dragon really won't make much of a difference.

Like it .... Wisdom of the long term player :)

harshika22
11-30-15, 03:00 AM
Hey, can any of you please tell me when exactly will the sale start? The pop up said 30th November but it hasn't started yet. Is there a specific time? Thanks in advance.

DeeDe99
11-30-15, 03:05 AM
Like it .... Wisdom of the long term player :)

My thought too!

fimofa
11-30-15, 06:31 AM
I've read through all this thread and now I've decided to purchase Midas & stainedglass as they are expired ones. I bought 1800+ Gold in Sale for 3 dragons. Didn't know that this time they'll be for 800 Gold. So now I'll stick to 2 dragons. Just waiting for the sale to start. Don't know, when it is going to start :(

luckyaa7
11-30-15, 11:38 AM
The sale is on but no gold sales... Ugh...

mylord7
11-30-15, 11:43 AM
I confirm it. The sale is on for 1 day!
I just bought the expired Midas Dragon :D
Unfortunately, there is no discount on the Treasure Terrace too, which has the same price as always (8.000.000 coins).

rasike
11-30-15, 11:50 AM
I was hoping to get a pop up about gold dragon sale, but I did not get it. But the dragons are on sale.
I just bought Midas and Goldwing. I'm glad I bought extra gold today morning with 20% discount for the third dragon. I do not have any gold sale now. I'm still thinking what the third dragon should be. Maybe Stainglass. My third nest is still busy with Island. I will probably speed up the hatching in a couple hours. It would be horrible to miss the third gold dragon.

freshfunin2008
11-30-15, 12:33 PM
With only 3 nests I could only buy 3 that I did not have. I have more gold... and I am tempted to speed treasure off the nest so I can buy 1 more today for 800. Not happy about @800 though. ALL my gold giving dragons in ALL my accounts were bought on sale for 600.

I feel I am being robbed here. LOL Good luck everyone.

Jennerwein1
11-30-15, 05:51 PM
I just bought Midas and Forbidden. Forbidden is only 6 hrs evolution time. So, hoping for a gold sale tomorrow, maybe I can get another one.
Also not happy with the 800 gold. Going back in the wiki, some sold initially for 300. Then last sale was 600. Dang, I wish my retirement accounts would do that well! :p

devlinholics
11-30-15, 06:00 PM
Going for forbidden lol my first gold dragon.... At level50+

I got 2 nest best thing my forbidden is staying in nest for months lol because till now I only save 1.5million.... The habitat cost 8million if I am lucky I see forbidden in 1month time :p

Edit: my gold is enough for 2x forbidden but to handicap myself for months without breeding is bored as hell... N sadly we cannot breed a same second gold dragon I am still browsing the gold dragon looks I kind of like rose gold but the epic stage becomes very ugly sad sad

freshfunin2008
12-01-15, 12:06 PM
I think Gilded and Treasure sell for 2000 and the others 1800 or 1600. I bought the ones that were 2000 @800 and also got midas and the other expired one.

pernmagic
12-05-15, 03:37 AM
Not quite off topic ....
Found the best timing to get max gold from gold dragons for me anyway

1 habitat with 2 X L10 gives 10 gold every 12 hrs plus 2 or 3 mins
4 habitats with 2 each L7 gives 8 gold at the same timing as above

So my gold reserves are slowly climbing :)

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 03:03 PM
I got my two habitats out of synch Pernmagic! Silly of me! Will resynch when the 4th finishes evolving to Lvl 7 in a few hours.

cocauina
12-05-15, 03:19 PM
I screenshot this good info from last year's thread.

Hope it helps someone. Think best to go for expired and most expensive first. Gonna go look up link for old thread as some tremendous info in there as to strategy of buying which.

I don't even know where the heck is that thread xD

That post needs to be uodated ahah