PDA

View Full Version : Christmas sale maybe ?

kiwi445
11-27-15, 01:00 PM
Since we only got 5 items for black friday which i don't really mind because i was happy to get two items that i have wanted. Can we have more Christmas items? not sure if there will be a Christmas goals but it would be nice to get Christmas items from 2012/2013.

chocolat_89
12-17-15, 04:55 AM
The sale we had last year (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76334-Christmas-Sale!) was great! Hopefully we can get another one this year.

steelersbabyyy
12-17-15, 09:47 AM

this was the christmas sale we had last year!! I really really hope s8 gives us another christmas sale this year.

rocketsmama
12-17-15, 01:07 PM
Given the fact we didn't have a BF sale, I'm not expecting a Christmas one either. However, I could be wrong, but not getting my hopes up.

ojapple96
12-17-15, 01:40 PM

this was the christmas sale we had last year!! I really really hope s8 gives us another christmas sale this year.

Bummer I was thinking the title meant there was one, I looked over the items and was thinking, WOW same as last years offering LOL! Scrolled down and read you were wishful thinking - I'm guessing the lump of coal and bah humbug from this months goal was a clue that we are all on the naughty list and not going to be on the receiving end of any type of sale.........

214sed
12-17-15, 02:13 PM
I didn't see any about that.

PepperWoo
12-17-15, 02:28 PM
Man, I read the title and thought that there's an actual ongoing sale. Then I started to freak out cause I just exited my game and didn't see anything.

Natasha_07
12-17-15, 02:35 PM
Man, I read the title and thought that there's an actual ongoing sale. Then I started to freak out cause I just exited my game and didn't see anything.

Same! I was like we got a sale same time like last year. But was NOT excited just curious...:rolleyes:

monstertop
12-17-15, 02:53 PM
I want to be hopeful, but from what's been happening, I guess I shouldn't be...

kooky panda
12-17-15, 02:57 PM
I edited the title to prevent any further confusion. :D

PepperWoo
12-17-15, 03:07 PM
I edited the title to prevent any further confusion. :D

Thanks Kooky. Could you also maybe extend to those with higher power our desire for a sale? Folks over here are in dire need of some holiday spirit! ;)

kooky panda
12-17-15, 03:28 PM
Thanks Kooky. Could you also maybe extend to those with higher power our desire for a sale? Folks over here are in dire need of some holiday spirit! ;)
Will do!!

rockyarca
12-17-15, 09:38 PM
Please give us some Christmas sale this time for we dont have a halloween sale and the black friday sale was not enough

kaelynrosecake
12-18-15, 12:49 AM
i hope we get a sale with some romantic items hehe...i'm a sucker for romance~

pixiegamer
12-18-15, 02:18 AM
Anyone want to start posting wish lists? After Black Friday's letdown, I'm not too optimistic, but in case someone at Storm8 happens to be reading this:

-Coffee Break (1st place prize, Donut Box)
-Sundae Sofa (LTO from a long time ago)
-Fall Breads (2nd place, Fall Crate)
-Fruit Basket (4th place, Spring Basket 2011)

Please and thank you :)

Edit: It's come to my attention that the 'Banana Split Couch' is actually called the 'Sundae Sofa'. Would still be great to see it again :)

Lenkapon
12-18-15, 02:33 AM
I really don't expect anything for this Christmas sale since the BF sale came out... *sigh*
Just hoping there WILL BE A CHRISTMAS SALE.

deekathleen
12-18-15, 03:26 AM
I'm guessing if there is not one by today there is not going to be one.

carabellexo
12-18-15, 03:44 AM
I remember last years Christmas sale was the 18th and the sale didn't appear until evening, when the updates are released on a Wednesday. So maybe making us wait until later again.

geordieprogman
12-18-15, 03:52 AM
I'm guessing if there is not one by today there is not going to be one.

I remember last years Christmas sale was the 18th and the sale didn't appear until evening, when the updates are released on a Wednesday. So maybe making us wait until later again.

Yeah I agree. Last years was 7pm GMT. So we should know in just over 8 hours. I'd love one but wouldn't be surprised in the least if we got nothing. You just never know now with storm8.

LalaSmooth
12-18-15, 04:44 AM
I don't think we would get one considering it's 1 week until Christmas.
If we was to have a sale - it might be 7pm tonight (GMT time) or Wednesday but I can't see that we'll get one :(

BOOOOOOOO!!

Natasha_07
12-18-15, 06:43 AM
Hello! :)

So, if the gang is considering doing a sale I would like Santa grotto, garden cake and bunny cake.

geordieprogman
12-18-15, 07:55 AM
And all the reindeer please. Oh and the water garden as well please. Thanking you in anticipation :)

LalaSmooth
12-18-15, 07:59 AM
How about a surprise like unlocking the seasonal recipes at the back of the cookbook and I am not getting too excited about this sale as I have a feeling nothing will appear in the game (apart from a game goal one)

deekathleen
12-18-15, 10:35 AM
There will either be no sale, or if there is one, they will choose which items without ever looking at the forums.

feonalily
12-18-15, 12:26 PM
I just want the reindeer

geordieprogman
12-18-15, 12:33 PM
Well looks like no Christmas sale! I don't know why we are surprised anymore. :(

deekathleen
12-18-15, 01:38 PM
Well looks like no Christmas sale! I don't know why we are surprised anymore. :(

I know right, unreal.
Thanks for letting us know how much you care about your customers s8.

LalaSmooth
12-18-15, 02:16 PM
Thanks s8. Are you really destroying this game?

aiyoosha
12-18-15, 02:32 PM
ill repeat s8 hates us no xmas sale at all no ltos nothing! so forget us right?!

LalaSmooth
12-18-15, 02:40 PM
ill repeat s8 hates us no xmas sale at all no ltos nothing! so forget us right?!

I might quit soon.

pixiegamer
12-19-15, 12:43 AM
PLEASE.

I'd love to see Christmas items from 2012/2013 return (those reindeer! The floor decorations! Ornament Stools!), but also some box prizes and past LTOs thrown in would be great, like the mix we got in the Christmas sale last year. I'd personally love to see the Coffee Break and Banana Split Couch on sale!

Really hope we get one this year.

pieandcream
12-19-15, 02:38 AM
How about a surprise like unlocking the seasonal recipes at the back of the cookbook and I am not getting too excited about this sale as I have a feeling nothing will appear in the game (apart from a game goal one)

they might not even post an update for xmas this week hahaha, cause its xmas and they're busy XD

kristin5399
12-19-15, 03:45 AM
It will most likely be a crate this Wednesday.

pieandcream
12-19-15, 04:44 AM

agreed. no sale but crate with kiddie design >.>

rockyarca
12-19-15, 05:53 AM
No halloween sale then limited black friday sale now no christmas sale storm8 had forsaken the original players of their games in favor of bs2 and rs2 so sad we felt abandoned

LalaSmooth
12-19-15, 08:34 AM
agreed. no sale but crate with kiddie design >.>

Oh what a nice way to treat players for Christmas - a CRATE that will probably have items with lights thrown over it.

steelersbabyyy
12-19-15, 10:54 AM

it will be a crate this week since restaurant story had one last week. i created this thread as a hope to get items for christmas since black friday was so bad. i'm starting to really lose interest in the game and i've been playing it for years.

deekathleen
12-20-15, 08:32 AM
My Christmas sale suggestion would have been to HAVE ONE. Blah.

taoyingying
12-21-15, 10:52 AM
Maybe we will get a Christmas "sale" with 5 items. You know, a new tradition since this black friday ;)

larissa2k
12-22-15, 10:06 AM
Why are they not doing sales do they have a problem with making more money.

itsbiianca
12-22-15, 01:47 PM
I've probably spent well over a thousand dollars on this game the past three years. I was willing to spend more money this holiday season, between Halloween, Black Friday, and the Christmas sale. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm more than likely going to quit the game. And no, I will not be moving to bakery story 2. That game is unbelievablely ugly. Thanks for previous few years, the game has been really fun. But this past year has been disappoint after disappointment.

Bakerling
12-22-15, 05:17 PM

So, if the gang is considering doing a sale I would like Santa grotto, garden cake and bunny cake.

And all the reindeer please. Oh and the water garden as well please. Thanking you in anticipation :)

I agree too. I like those items for sales again.

steelersbabyyy
12-23-15, 10:09 AM

i want santas grotto and garden cake SO bad!!

njbhugjjgnj
12-23-15, 05:06 PM
If there is a sale...a MEGA sale,I'll eat mah big toe ����

kaelynrosecake
12-24-15, 12:07 AM
i was frantically buying the crates for pastery hub, candy carousel & cotton candy machine already have everything else from those 2 crates and it would really make my day to see at least one of those 2 1st prizes on sale!

i actually like the new crate and bought one and got the snow kittens. i like them! but i am out of gems and not sure if i'll buy any more soon, maybe just for a sale.

pieandcream
12-24-15, 02:07 AM
(...) I was willing to spend more money this holiday season, (...). To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm more than likely going to quit the game. And no, I will not be moving to bakery story 2. That game is unbelievablely ugly. Thanks for previous few years, the game has been really fun. But this past year has been disappoint after disappointment.

i believe this will apply to many people, myself included.
it might be a good idea if people write this sorta stuff into the feedback section, since as kookie stated, they are more likely to see it there. same for fashion story and restaurant story. (already got 2015 review thread in bs and rs story going)

LalaSmooth
12-24-15, 06:23 PM
I wonder if they'll release the sale at 8am GMT time tomorrow?

deekathleen
12-24-15, 07:31 PM
I wonder if they'll release the sale at 8am GMT time tomorrow?

What sale?

LalaSmooth
12-25-15, 01:20 AM
Oh come on. Not even a sale!!!

CuteTali
12-25-15, 04:52 AM
Question: Where are all the xmas sales??

CuteTali
12-25-15, 04:58 AM
*** Please add a holiday sale for fashion, bakery1 and restaurant1 games ***

I am tired of my favourite games suffering because of all the new games this company keeps coming out with. This is the last straw for me, I am on my last open account I have left that I haven't quit playing. If no special holidays sales this time, I am going to delete all the newer games from this brand. Before they had these newer games, we used to have all kinds of amazing sales on the 3 original best games mentioned above.

steelersbabyyy
12-25-15, 01:28 PM
i guess we're not getting a christmas sale. so disappointed. s8 has made this game so bad. i've spend so much money on this game too and would definitely spend more if they had a christmas sale.

darklightningbolt
12-25-15, 03:58 PM
I can't belive that Storm 8 doesn't give us the Christmas sale we used to have! What happened?? I was waiting for this and i reserved all my gems to spend them in christmas...This is soo rare because the balck friday was a lame and this christmas they didn't put anything on sale. I think that they are trying to push us to change to Bakery story 2 and i don't want to, first i spend a lot of money the last 3 years and second i don't like the new game! This is not fair!!!!

Jackets23
12-25-15, 04:45 PM
Bah humbug S8! No Christmas sales for Fashion Story.No effort is put into this game anymore.All the updates are lackluster! I have spent $100's of dollars on this game & it's not even worth my effort to play anymore.Half of my nbrs have stopped playing because of the updates they have been giving.More will stop playing if S8 don't start putting more effort & giving sales like they always have in the past.

filochick1982
12-25-15, 05:52 PM
Not surprised at all at this lack of Christmas sale. My prediction is that there will be less and less updates in 2016 while this game dies a slow death because they want people to play the BS2 game now. No one who plays BS likes that BS2 game so I'm guessing that they're only hoping for new players that haven't played BS to get on board as they have nothing to compare BS2 to. They'll just end up with a whole new generation of BS2 players, while old BS players will move on to other non-S8 games. I already have. I've not bought gems for weeks, and don't plan to anytime soon if this trend continues.

deekathleen
12-25-15, 08:56 PM
.......nevermind..........

But I agree with the above post.

Rynetory2
12-25-15, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, the discussion is going off topic (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?22953-Renewed-Enforcing-of-TL-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-(1-16-12)). Pls keep to the topic of Christmas sale when posting. Thanks.

To add: This post was addressed to an off topic post earlier and had been corrected by OP. Thanks.

minidemon88
12-26-15, 02:58 AM
We're on their naughty list, so no x'mas sale for us. Nada!

And I haven't been buying any gems for several months. No reason to buy gems since I saved up plenty due to the numerous boring updates and lame bfs. Now no x'mas sale even. You just gotta applause S8 for doing this. They don't need our money and are helping us to save our real money. Ha! :rolleyes: Sooner or later, most of the long-term players will quit the games and jump over to other games instead. XD

kaelynrosecake
12-27-15, 08:38 AM
has there been any sales since storm8 took over? i'm new and only saw the black friday sale so i don't have the history...

Rynetory2
12-27-15, 08:43 AM
There had been several sales. Welcome to the game. Hope you are having fun. :)

kaelynrosecake
12-27-15, 09:48 AM
Thank you! I'm enjoying myself a lot and can't believe I didn't know about the game sooner!

If there haven't been many sales I'd have assumed each company has its own way of doing things, but since there have been there can be hope for the future that we could have sales!

luincristiel
12-28-15, 06:11 AM
It would be nice if someone from S8 clarifies why we don't have a sale for Halloween and Christmas. We had an awesome fall sale (and Valentines sale and St Patrick sale and Easter sale) so I thought seasonal/ festive sales are becoming a norm. IMO sales in story 1 games should be easy and shouldn't affect marketing/ sales effort for story 2 games (no new designs required, right?) The only reason I can think of is that they've earned enough this year and don't want to make next year's sales target harder... ;)

sls0991
12-28-15, 03:32 PM
It would be nice if someone from S8 clarifies why we don't have a sale for Halloween and Christmas. We had an awesome fall sale (and Valentines sale and St Patrick sale and Easter sale) so I thought seasonal/ festive sales are becoming a norm. IMO sales in story 1 games should be easy and shouldn't affect marketing/ sales effort for story 2 games (no new designs required, right?) The only reason I can think of is that they've earned enough this year and don't want to make next year's sales target harder... ;)

You might be on to something luincristiel, but if S8 is doing this (with no explanations or apologies either) for that reason, it is really freaking lame!