PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update 2nd December 2015

LalaSmooth
11-27-15, 02:16 AM
What would you like to see in next weeks update?

Table 4 gems

Holiday party 22 gems
Cheery cart 9,000
Cozy fireplace 32,000

Glad the fireplace is for coins! And the 4x4 decor is not that expensive either... might get it if I still have room after redecorating for Xmas. xD

http://i.imgur.com/uVp2dd5.png

http://i.imgur.com/w93Y1qN.png

:p

fancyfeastone
11-27-15, 02:48 AM
Christmas stuff windows chairs tables wallpaper big tree with working lights but I must say I'm not holding my breath after this bf sale Christmas is my favorite time of year so hope they work really hard on this and make it nice

pixiegamer
11-27-15, 03:39 AM
A proper sale with at least 20 items on offer, taken directly from the player suggestion thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84346-Restaurant-Black-Friday-2015) about what they would like to see. Essentially, what Black Friday should have been. The current paltry offering of items won't last until the 2nd, so it would be a nice place to pick up and make amends.

ChefDona
11-28-15, 01:38 PM
Christmas stuff windows chairs tables wallpaper big tree with working lights but I must say I'm not holding my breath after this bf sale Christmas is my favorite time of year so hope they work really hard on this and make it nice

Yes,please, lots of choices for Christmas and winter walls,tables,flooring,etc. A chance for a whole new look!

214sed
11-28-15, 02:33 PM

Love too see something like this.

shidun
12-01-15, 07:20 AM
I would like to have Glass Wallpaper so we could see outside. And make a store front.

twospoons
12-01-15, 03:33 PM
finally.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/6d4a00b81525a4d28cb5c6f6724c29e4/tumblr_inline_nyp9weCpWN1qm7yoc_540.png

Don't catch a cold during this chilly Decembrrrrr! Stay toasty with a warm drink by the Cozy Fireplace in Restaurant Story!

Enjoy the holiday season with:

Holiday Party decoration
Candy Cane Float decoration
Candle Window wall decoration

pieandcream
12-01-15, 03:40 PM
if only it werent so cutesy..... :( then it would be awesome. storm 8, stop with the childish stuff.

twospoons
12-01-15, 03:41 PM
i like the tables a lot, and the windows and the balloon candy cane, but not the larger pieces. i'm not so personally into "living room" decorating. but hooray for a new appliance!

pieandcream
12-01-15, 03:44 PM
i like the tables a lot, and the windows and the balloon candy cane, but not the larger pieces. i'm not so personally into "living room" decorating. but hooray for a new appliance!

same XD the larger pieces are too cutesy for me....cute like reindeer and the tea party stuff is fine....just the people looking all like that....urrgh....no thanks.

pipipooh1977
12-01-15, 03:52 PM
Uuuuuggggghhhh......! NOPE! Vacation time again.....

pixiegamer
12-01-15, 03:57 PM
I don't really understand why the boy in the larger decoration is wearing a birthday hat, but I love this update overall :) Can't wait to use those windows.

I just wish the people had different skin tones :( Storm8's artists' skin color palette seems to consist solely of beige and off-beige.

CassieJo84
12-01-15, 03:59 PM
Eh, it's okay. Is that snowy wallpaper new?

deekathleen
12-01-15, 04:03 PM
Yeah way to childish and will probably cost a ton of gems.

Yes why is that kid wearing a party hat????

Can we please have something a little more mature

LalaSmooth
12-01-15, 04:06 PM
Omfg give me that fireplace!!!!!!!!!

ImmortalLunchbox
12-01-15, 04:09 PM
My favorites are the fireplace and the adorable sleigh counters! :)

lenasdinner
12-01-15, 04:16 PM
wallpaper is an old one. starry sky and snowy scene cost 1 gem. sleigh counter is and old to 15.000 coins.

deekathleen
12-01-15, 04:16 PM
My favorites are the fireplace and the adorable sleigh counters! :)

The sleigh counters are already available, they are not new.

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 04:17 PM
finally.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/6d4a00b81525a4d28cb5c6f6724c29e4/tumblr_inline_nyp9weCpWN1qm7yoc_540.png

Don't catch a cold during this chilly Decembrrrrr! Stay toasty with a warm drink by the Cozy Fireplace in Restaurant Story!

Enjoy the holiday season with:

Holiday Party decoration
Candy Cane Float decoration
Candle Window wall decoration

i like it its so cute but why is the boy wearing a birthday hat?? s8!!!!!!!!!... its chrimbas time not birfday time

i really like the fireplace and windows everything is so nice

lauraleighashby
12-01-15, 04:18 PM
Love the tables and the windows. Would love the fireplace, too, if the kids weren't attached to it.

DragonWished
12-01-15, 04:20 PM
He was a Christmas baby. ;)

i like it its so cute but why is the boy wearing a birthday hat?? s8!!!!!!!!!... its chrimbas time not birfday time

i really like the fireplace and windows everything is so nice

Nice looking update. Looking forward to it.

orleansparish
12-01-15, 04:23 PM
I LOVE those tables! The chairs are horribly matched with them. They look like deck chairs for some type of cruise ship.

Please dont let them be for gems. (probably will)

Itll take me a month to build 6 appliances, because they always need the same parts!

aiyoosha
12-01-15, 04:25 PM
He was a Christmas baby. ;)

Nice looking update. Looking forward to it.

hahaha, i dont like this fan fic :P

now neighbors no gifts at reset until oven comes out... ive been going to sleep early so i wont gift tonight anyway lol

orleansparish
12-01-15, 04:31 PM
I would like to have Glass Wallpaper so we could see outside. And make a store front.

Ive always thought of that too! The ability for a second floor and being able to see the outside of our shops. Decorating and everything. A slight play on how home design story was.

youki388
12-01-15, 04:35 PM
Yep, deekathleen is correct as the counters are not new. I have them from the Xmas version of RS (and I am a fairly new player!).

Hmmm, not so keen on this update as too kiddyish for me. I prefer the BS one. Surely I ain't the only one who finds it annoying that there are no new or matching Xmas walls and tiles to decorate their place with? My RS is already decorated with both walls shown in the update pic (coz they are gems, I can't afford to do more than one wall lol).

On a more positive note - I do like the tables and fireplace (reminds me of my kids on Xmas day :) ). Just why oh why could they not do matching chairs for the tables???!!! It seems to be a reoccurring (and very annoying trait of recent updates - that walls & tiles don't match or chairs & tables not matching... or worse all furnishings not matching lol ;) ).

Thanks twospoons for being on the ball and providing us with the RS & BS update pics so soon - its greatly appreciated by all :)

214sed
12-01-15, 04:56 PM
If there was an iceburger, it would probably be very cold.

CassieJo84
12-01-15, 04:56 PM
Give us a big fat Christmas sale this week, PLEASE.

214sed
12-01-15, 04:57 PM
I dobut there will be any Christmas sale because they already had one on Black Firday which had no ovens on sale.:(

twospoons
12-01-15, 05:25 PM
Would love the fireplace, too, if the kids weren't attached to it.

agreed.

I LOVE those tables! The chairs are horribly matched with them. They look like deck chairs for some type of cruise ship.

i'm hoping the backs of the chairs are pretty, although the whole wreath/ribbon/whatever on the back of an otherwise plain chair has been pretty thoroughly covered by s8 at this point.

Thanks twospoons for being on the ball and providing us with the RS & BS update pics so soon - its greatly appreciated by all :)

you're all welcome!

I dobut there will be any Christmas sale because they already had one on Black Firday which had no ovens on sale.:(

i'm still hoping. they had such a nice fall sale this year. i'd say "and they can't ignore christmas, one of the most potentially profitable holidays!" but that's what i said about halloween, so obviously i don't know what i'm talking about.

Natasha_07
12-01-15, 05:49 PM
OMG!!! Those windows and that fireplace, I love those 2! :)

Give us a Christmas sale, this is the season of holiday cheer!

ChefDona
12-01-15, 08:07 PM
The sleigh counters are already available, they are not new.

The sleigh counters are not available to me..I hope we can get them.

deekathleen
12-01-15, 09:06 PM
The sleigh counters are not available to me..I hope we can get them.

On mine they are right after the caramel apple goal counters.

ChefDona
12-01-15, 10:12 PM
On mine they are right after the caramel apple goal counters.

You're right..I found them.Thank you,thank you.

deekathleen
12-02-15, 05:07 AM
You're right..I found them.Thank you,thank you.

You're welcome, glad you found them :)

ImmortalLunchbox
12-02-15, 07:57 AM
Oh wow. I just checked and I have them too. LOL

My statement still stands that they and the fireplace are the cutest on the teaser pic though. :p

LadyEna
12-02-15, 10:43 AM
Love the tables! Chairs look like those in RS2.
Decorations are cute.

Is that a new wallpaper?

phatzs
12-02-15, 10:51 AM
When do they release the new stuff?

alicee11
12-02-15, 10:54 AM
Is it a goal time already?

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 11:15 AM
Is it a goal time already?

not yet still got about 30 mins or so to go....

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 11:47 AM
its out everyone

Natasha_07
12-02-15, 11:48 AM
Table 4 gems

Holiday party 22 gems
Cheery cart 9,000
Cozy fireplace 32,000

ievuxia
12-02-15, 11:53 AM
Ugh yeah, of course, the tables just had to be expensive... :/

LalaSmooth
12-02-15, 12:00 PM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/JasEllaOx/Screenshot_2015-12-02-18-57-42_zpsfbcxbyke.png (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/JasEllaOx/media/Screenshot_2015-12-02-18-57-42_zpsfbcxbyke.png.html)

Here are the recipes :)

LalaSmooth
I just had to buy the fireplace. I'm very surprised it wasn't for gems

PepperWoo
Glad the fireplace is for coins! And the 4x4 decor is not that expensive either... might get it if I still have room after redecorating for Xmas. xD

http://i.imgur.com/uVp2dd5.png

http://i.imgur.com/w93Y1qN.png

Ooops Lala beat me to it :p

DragonWished
12-02-15, 12:06 PM
Cheery cart looks tiny. Scale issues again?

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 12:12 PM
thx for pics girls! ^_^ love u guys

CassieJo84
12-02-15, 12:24 PM
yeah, it's super tiny.

orleansparish
12-02-15, 12:28 PM
Naturally, the super pretty tables I really want costs gems!

The recipes are pretty...well the pretzels and walnuts. Still too low quantiles. Been blocking my door again to stock up on food.

Wasting space cooking old mastered recipes to stay open while I cook for gems. I miss the old days when we didn't need the same parts every week.

twospoons
12-02-15, 12:57 PM
another table for the specialty collection! (i buy two and try and put them somewhere where they look important.)

agree with orleansparish on the quantities, but i don't mind the repeating parts. makes it easy to gift when there's no new ovens out.

youki388
12-02-15, 01:10 PM
another table for the specialty collection! (i buy two and try and put them somewhere where they look important.)

Lol, that's exactly what I do... I usually get 2 or 3 of the gemmed tables as I can't afford to use up anymore of my 'precious' gems. And then try stick them somewhere half decent lol ;) Am so hoping that goals next week will have some Xmas wallpaper for coins, as its getting ridiculous!!!

AliSweet876
12-02-15, 01:45 PM

yeah, it's super tiny.

Disappointed. It's so cute too!

KingdomMagicD
12-02-15, 02:03 PM
Love the tables and the windows. Would love the fireplace, too, if the kids weren't attached to it.

I really love those windows and the white chairs with the red ribbon on them! once the chairs are turned there is design on the backs also!! the fireplace is great!! Isn't the boy reading a story to the girl...the night before Christmas maybe...? LOVE IT!! The boy wearing a party hat remind me of a New Years Eve party with Christmas tree and Santa hats still out from Christmas so it works!

Mslovesz
12-02-15, 02:20 PM
the goal is not bad... just disappointed because the tables are 5 gems....

aiyoosha
12-02-15, 02:38 PM
Lol, that's exactly what I do... I usually get 2 or 3 of the gemmed tables as I can't afford to use up anymore of my 'precious' gems. And then try stick them somewhere half decent lol ;) Am so hoping that goals next week will have some Xmas wallpaper for coins, as its getting ridiculous!!!

i do same thing too haha

ievuxia
12-02-15, 02:41 PM
the goal is not bad... just disappointed because the tables are 5 gems....

It's not a goal, it's a regular update. And the tables are 4gems each.

youki388
12-02-15, 03:49 PM
Hi Kooky, if you are by any chance reading this. Is there anyway you can find out if they can modify/correct the size of the 'cheery cart' as I brought 2 of them. They are adorable but look tiny against the rest of my decor and sleigh counters. Thanks :)

PS: The chef's kitchen also seems much smaller too. As the chefs are definitely smaller than the customers and other floor deco (such as the busboy and treats trolley).

kooky panda
12-02-15, 03:51 PM
Hi Kooky, if you are by any chance reading this. Is there anyway you can find out if they can modify/correct the size of the 'cherry cart' as I brought 2 of them. They are adorable but look tiny against the rest of my decor and sleigh counters. Thanks :)
It is pretty tiny!
I will check on this.

FrozenTurtle
12-02-15, 05:19 PM
Hi Kooky, if you are by any chance reading this. Is there anyway you can find out if they can modify/correct the size of the 'cherry cart' as I brought 2 of them. They are adorable but look tiny against the rest of my decor and sleigh counters. Thanks :)

This is the intended size as it should be able to be "used" by the wait staff. As a decoration, it may look small, but it should be similar in size to a table.

deekathleen
12-02-15, 06:25 PM
This is the intended size as it should be able to be "used" by the wait staff. As a decoration, it may look small, but it should be similar in size to a table.

The couple in front of the fireplace is out of proportion, compared to the celebration party. The sofa is larger than the fireplace.

deekathleen
12-02-15, 06:43 PM
At first I liked this update, now not so much. Everything (as is getting to be the norm lately) is horribly out of proportion, sad.
Getting tired of wasting money on this stuff.

ievuxia
12-04-15, 04:16 AM
No sale this week.. :/ I barely have some winter deco, can't decorate for winter/Christmas..

CassieJo84
12-04-15, 08:14 AM
No sale this week.. :/ I barely have some winter deco, can't decorate for winter/Christmas..

I think when they gave us a fall sale, it was on a Friday afternoon...hopefully we get one today, as I am also unable to decorate for the holidays!

deekathleen
12-04-15, 08:40 AM
Me either. I already stuck the ridiculous waste of money birthday Christmas scene in storage, bad buy on my part.

ievuxia
12-04-15, 01:54 PM
I think when they gave us a fall sale, it was on a Friday afternoon...hopefully we get one today, as I am also unable to decorate for the holidays!

Eh, no sale anyway, same as in BS..

DLL137
12-04-15, 01:59 PM
I love the table and chairs, the cheery cart is pretty as well - I love the colours of it (place it in the "back" of your restaurant to give scale!) the "float" is kinda neat and weird at the same time, I think 'balloon display' would be a better title though as its not a float in any sense, you can't drink it and it isn't like the other floats in the game! There's 2 I can think of for sure so......
The windows are very sweet and pretty again, I don't find it "cute" which is REALLY NICE! The big decorations...the kids at the fire place, it's ok, it's too cutesy though - your design team changed the way the people look - I don't know exactly how (or frankly even why) but it made them....like muppet babies..that's all I think of..the new stuff is like muppet babies cutesy and the old stuff was old skool muppet show tonight cool. When were they kids last? Do they have kids? I used to be a kid and I know lots and not a single one would pick up a violin or flute and start playing at what I'm expecting is their own birthday considering the birthday hat on only one of their heads..like I'm really not TRYING to be picky or nit picky it's just RIGHT THERE..the out of place pink and yellow floor lamp could have not been - it's unnecessary clutter and takes away from the awesome couch and beautiful tree.
I get it - you want to move in a different direction while still being forced to keep the essence of the game because it's that essence that keeps it being played. That's counter productive - and I believe if you just started going with the flow you would actually get excited about the future of what the game could be instead of i don't even know - I have no clue what the borg thinks or wants for this game in the future, I really hope they want to keep it around cuz it is really amazing and there are some ppl (like me) who don't like building castles and fighting armies or shoot 'em up games! I play 2 games. That's it...2...

deekathleen
12-04-15, 02:08 PM
I doubt we will get a big sale next week as goals are next week, aren't they? The week after that is Christmas. So I'm guessing no winter christmas items/ sale.

Natasha_07
12-04-15, 02:20 PM
I doubt we will get a big sale next week as goals are next week, aren't they? The week after that is Christmas. So I'm guessing no winter christmas items/ sale.

I held out hope for S8 since February until BF, that was the last one. For now I don't even care anymore, plus I honestly think that making threads or asking for what we'll like to see is a complete waste of time as they don't listen and they don't care. I feel like I put 3 years into these games and going to leave them soon because of complete boredom and lack of betterment from S8.

I don't think this is going to change anytime soon, as we've been going at this for almost a year with craziness across the story games.

Either they revamp the original games and put some spice into them or they're going to loose out a huge fan club of long time players, not all but a lot.

deekathleen
12-04-15, 05:22 PM
You are probably right, the two story games require gem purchases to continue in the game for the most part.

arwwam
12-05-15, 03:03 PM
Christmas lights, christmas trees, gingerbread man and woman, and a fun new goal :)

MimiWineBar
12-06-15, 07:12 AM
Where do I get Santa at the mall?

emimak14
12-06-15, 08:03 AM
I did not get the update this week. Any other android users experiencing this?

LalaSmooth
12-06-15, 09:33 AM
I did not get the update this week. Any other android users experiencing this?

Latest version is Royal Blues. If you don't have the content or oven then it's probably because you might to level up or not using the latest version :)

s3nsa
12-07-15, 06:20 PM
after integrating new items :-)
wasnt a big fan of the candy cane!

munee12
12-08-15, 09:51 PM
I want more christmas themed items I hope for games challenges lots of decorations please

youki388
12-09-15, 03:41 PM

Thanks for responding Frozenturtle, but if you take a look at my picture. It does look strange that a bottle of champagne (and the flutes) are smaller than a mug of hot cocoa! The carts are also way smaller than the candle tables, so really do indeed look tiny.

A normal cart (the wine cart) is also shown in the pic and that is normal size. Please also note that the chefs in the 'Chefs Station' are actually smaller than the customers and busboy too.

BTW while we are here, can you also ask S8 to rescale the snowy chairs in todays goal update please. As they are seriously tiny! Sorry, I am not trying to cause trouble... I am just merely stating the obvious. So it would be great if S8 rescale the cheery carts and new chairs for the millions of RS players out there. Thanks :)

PS: Kooky or Rynetory2 can you delete the repeated pics and resize it please. Its my first time uploading a pic to the forum and I messed up lol, sorry! :D

kooky panda
01-28-16, 01:44 PM
Sorry for the late response, but they are not able to update the images for the snowy chairs, but feedback has been sent to the team for future updates.