PDA

View Full Version : Three annoying messages - I have a hypothesis

DeeDe99
11-25-15, 05:00 PM
You know those three annoying messages we don't understand that we sometimes get?

The one when we give gold and it says we've already sent a gift to a neighbour today and we haven't

The one when we request maps and it says request sent but one of your neighbours didn't get it because you sent them a request earlier today

I think the first occurs when a late map request comes in and we accept that request then try to send gold later to the same person without realising we have already sent them a "gift".

I think the second error occurs when neighbours receive a late request from us and responds on the same day we send a new request - the system counts them as having received the old request that day, as in my other map testing thread where a neighbour got my request 22 hours later on the next DS day.

Just throwing these thoughts out there for consideration and perhaps as something to watch for. I can't prove it, but the hypothesis fits my experience.

The third one, shown below, received when trying to send gold to three neighbours at once from the Neighbour list screen, I have only a very theoretical explanation for, I just workaround it.

To avoid this I only ever send gold from the News Feed screen at reset time which means I do it before any other action like responding to map requests - but I also think this may be tied in with maps as well, it just isn't clear to me. In the early days when I sent gold from the neighbour list, after I'd responded to map requests, I got this a lot.

The system probably is working correctly, but the messages on the user interface need enhancing so the situation is made clear to the users.

214sed
11-25-15, 05:10 PM
Messages about the apps on strom8 are really annoying also. But they are needed for one thing. To make sure enough people buy them. But I think already enough people bought them. But recent update have to be spread also.

DeeDe99
11-25-15, 05:15 PM
Messages about the apps on strom8 are really annoying also. But they are needed for one thing. To make sure enough people buy them. But I think already enough people bought them. But recent update have to be spread also.

Do you mean pop-ups advertising other games? I don't get them, so I can't comment.

214sed
11-25-15, 05:19 PM
Solution: just buy the other Strom 8 games. Then, they wont come up at all. That's the end of your adds.

feonalily
11-25-15, 05:39 PM
I cannot STAND the gold error message. I get paranoid that the gold that I send out isn't being received

DeeDe99
11-25-15, 06:16 PM
I cannot STAND the gold error message. I get paranoid that the gold that I send out isn't being received

I can't either Feonalily. I had a very LONG dialogue with Support over it late August/early September. If it IS tied in with the maps, it explains why Support say it is working properly. I believe the message needs rewording to make clear the exact situation. As it is, it is confusing at the very least.

D_Raho
11-25-15, 08:36 PM
First and foremost, as someone with multiple accounts, I can help you rest easy and let you know that your gifts are sent properly as are your requests, even when that message shows up. Every account you clicked on will still get the gold you sent and the maps you request. I have tested this many times with more than 25 accounts(only 20 at a single time, of course).

Even if they have answered your old request(from the previous day), your new request for that day will still be processed and sit on the server in queue. They will get it the next day.(but for some reason, sometimes only after they have sent at least one gift. I have no explanation for that part. It doesn't matter if you've visited another neighbor or are loading it for the first time. You will have no requests and then you send a gift and the request shows up. I've noticed this behaviour across several S8/TL games)

I used to have this happen, and I found that if I click on 3 names, then exit the gift/request screen and go back in and select the lick normal I can avoid this entirely every time, personally...

freesiawoods
11-25-15, 09:04 PM
If I tick off a neighbors name then untick it it still registers as one of three gifts so I can't send to three. What I do is exit the list and start again. Ooh hard to verbalise it.

DeeDe99
11-25-15, 09:09 PM
Thanks for your input D_Raho, but I think I'm lost. I've read it twice and I still don't get it. No doubt makes perfect sense to you because you know where you are coming from, but I'm lost. Sorry.

Your last paragraph I got! I never tried exiting and going back in and clicking three again - what I did try was send two, exit and then go back in and send one - and that always worked and eliminated the third error above. But I don't use that screen to send gold at all any more, too frustrating/fiddly.

D_Raho
11-25-15, 11:13 PM
Nope! Sorry. I have no clue what I was trying to say or even talking about in the middle, there. I wrote up several responses to this topic over the course of 2-3 hours but kept getting distracted and called away for other things and starting over each time. The final post is an amalgamation of a few different posts smashed together and I have no idea what I was talking about.

Sorry to anyone else that tried to make sense of that.

DeeDe99
11-26-15, 12:00 AM
D_Raho oh thank goodness! I know written communication can be fraught with miscommunication, but I really was stumped! I feel much better now! :D

zyfazix
11-26-15, 02:05 AM
I think the first message when sending gold appears when the receiving neighbour has already gotten three gold from other players that day. Despite the message I think they still get the gold though

The second message seems to appear when requesting maps after sending gold to neighbours, which could mean you have to choose between sending gold or requesting maps. Perhaps it's possible to request a map after the neighbour accepts the gold gift?

The third is something I consider ill-constructed. Because it cancels the tick and comes up when you haven't confirmed sending the gold yet

mylord7
11-26-15, 11:22 AM
1) The first message consists of 2 parts:
a) ...you have already sent them a gift
b) ...they have already received the max number of gifts today
The max number of received golds per day for every player are 20.
So, even if it's not your mistake and you haven't already sent gold to the chosen neighbors, one of these 3 chosen neighbors has already reached the max number of received golds from other neighbors earlier than you and it's impossible to receive your gift or anyone's else gift for this specific day.
If 2 of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "Your gift has been sent. But 2 of your friends did not receive the gift..."
If all of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "We were unable to send gift to your friends..." or something like that.

2) The second message is something that i haven't figured out why it's happening. You have a good point about it and perhaps that's the reason it happens.

3) The third message i think it's a bug! It's an old ios bug that we never had it in android too until 7-8 months ago.
When teamlava decided to upgrade the android version of the game so that it will be almost similar with the ios one, the bug appeared to the android players too.
So, until it's been fixed to both of the platforms, "solution" to this problem is the one posted by D_Raho.
You choose 3 random neighbors from the gift list (i always choose the first 3) without pressing the send button, you wait 2-3 secs for the error message to appear, you choose "X" to close the message and then you go back (exit) to the previous/first tab by choosing the upper left arrow. After that, you can enter the neighbors' list again and this time you can choose 3 neighbors you want and send them your gold without any annoying error message ;)

hiabarara
11-26-15, 11:35 AM
1) The first message consists of 2 parts:
a) ...you have already sent them a gift
b) ...they have already received the max number of gifts today
The max number of received golds per day for every player are 20.
So, even if it's not your mistake and you haven't already sent gold to the chosen neighbors, one of these 3 chosen neighbors has already reached the max number of received golds from other neighbors earlier than you and it's impossible to receive your gift or anyone's else gift for this specific day.
If 2 of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "Your gift has been sent. But 2 of your friends did not receive the gift..."
If all of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "We were unable to send gift to your friends..." or something like that.
Just to add my two cents - I'm not sure if this is always true because I usually send gold shortly after the reset (12 am PST). A couple of times during the last weeks I sent gold less than five minutes after the reset time and already some of my neighbours couldn't receive gold. Is it really possible that 20 people were faster than me? Multiple times, different people. It seems weird to me.

I mean normally I would agree with you guys. You get the message if you have already sent them gold or if they already received the 20 gold. But maybe it could also be a bug/glitch sometimes? shrugs

DeeDe99
11-26-15, 01:12 PM
Hiabarara, yes, I do the same. Usually about 30 seconds past reset time as reset is 7pm in my world.

Mylord7, thank you for explaining re the 20 - I entirely left that out, didn't I? Dug @ me! It is statistically possible some of my neighbours received 20 already, but I'm leaning slightly Hiabarara's way I think.

Either way, the messages need to be enhanced so they are meaningful and describe the situation correctly.

Yes I too think the third is a bug.

Bastiaan0
11-26-15, 02:11 PM
It's a weird bug, really. I found out you only get the message about the gold if you tap a 'gift back' button in the news feed and try to tick two more boxes in the neighbour list. But it's not that bad, you can still send gold to a third neigbour, either via the news feed or the neighbour list.
If you tapped the 'gift back' button in the news feed, you can also untick the first box, then if the tick reappears by itself, it's fine to tick two other boxes. So somehow it generates a double tick.
It also happens sometimes while requesting maps, I figure it also generates double ticks. I don't mind, I don't care too much if I'll get 2 maps less. Someday I'll be expanded to the max anyway.

mylord7
11-28-15, 10:37 AM
Just to add my two cents - I'm not sure if this is always true because I usually send gold shortly after the reset (12 am PST). A couple of times during the last weeks I sent gold less than five minutes after the reset time and already some of my neighbours couldn't receive gold. Is it really possible that 20 people were faster than me? Multiple times, different people. It seems weird to me.

I mean normally I would agree with you guys. You get the message if you have already sent them gold or if they already received the 20 gold. But maybe it could also be a bug/glitch sometimes? shrugs

Hiabarara, yes, I do the same. Usually about 30 seconds past reset time as reset is 7pm in my world.
If you are sending the gold so quick after the reset time, then we probably have another bug/glitch.
I hadn't figured it out till now that i read your posts, cause the reset time in my place is in the morning and i always send my gifts about 5 hours later, when it's possible for someone to be already full.
I will ask some friends/neighbors, which send their gold right after the reset time, if they have the same error message as you.

ciarjen
11-29-15, 03:31 AM

I have a couple of accounts that I use just to gift gold and I get this message error all time with them, even after reset and even when I know the receiving account has not received any gold. And there are no map requests involved either.

It's a glitch which appeared some months ago. It would be nice if it was fixed.

czarboy
01-14-16, 12:48 PM
Gold and maps or lotus flowers should ALL be separate gifts. So you're saying if I ok a map that means I can't send gold to that person That's just not right! And if that's the case then the "gift box" icon should not appear on their homepage. if these developers are so smart as to make so many different dragons and so many different islands and movements of the dragons then they can figure this one out. They just don't want to.

Lurker2
01-14-16, 01:12 PM
You know those three annoying messages we don't understand that we sometimes get?

The one when we give gold and it says we've already sent a gift to a neighbour today and we haven't

The one when we request maps and it says request sent but one of your neighbours didn't get it because you sent them a request earlier today

I think the first occurs when a late map request comes in and we accept that request then try to send gold later to the same person without realising we have already sent them a "gift".

I think the second error occurs when neighbours receive a late request from us and responds on the same day we send a new request - the system counts them as having received the old request that day, as in my other map testing thread where a neighbour got my request 22 hours later on the next DS day.

Just throwing these thoughts out there for consideration and perhaps as something to watch for. I can't prove it, but the hypothesis fits my experience.

The third one, shown below, received when trying to send gold to three neighbours at once from the Neighbour list screen, I have only a very theoretical explanation for, I just workaround it.

To avoid this I only ever send gold from the News Feed screen at reset time which means I do it before any other action like responding to map requests - but I also think this may be tied in with maps as well, it just isn't clear to me. In the early days when I sent gold from the neighbour list, after I'd responded to map requests, I got this a lot.

The system probably is working correctly, but the messages on the user interface need enhancing so the situation is made clear to the users.

The first two messages happen when you put a checkmark next to a neighbor's name, either deliberately or accidentally clear the checkmark, and checkmark the name again.

The server detects the first checkmark, doesn't detect the checkmark being cleared, and counts the second checkmark as an attempt to send a second gold or map to that neighbor.

The third message appears after adding two more checkmarks when gifting back or when you check three names when gifting. It's a badly worded message telling you that you can only send that item to a maximum of three people per day.

lady_saphira
01-14-16, 09:21 PM
Then maybe someone can explain this... The last time I sent map requests was over a week ago. I got up to having an extra 40 after I did my expansion and have been sitting at 40 for a week now. No expansions, no new maps coming in and no requests sent. Today, I sent all my requests but got the message that 2 of my neighbors had already responded to my request. Over a week, no new maps, but still got the message...

lady_saphira
01-14-16, 09:25 PM
The first two messages happen when you put a checkmark next to a neighbor's name, either deliberately or accidentally clear the checkmark, and checkmark the name again.

The server detects the first checkmark, doesn't detect the checkmark being cleared, and counts the second checkmark as an attempt to send a second gold or map to that neighbor.

The third message appears after adding two more checkmarks when gifting back or when you check three names when gifting. It's a badly worded message telling you that you can only send that item to a maximum of three people per day.

Okay, I posted before I read this. That would explain my issue because that happened to me as I was checking boxes. I ended up unchecking a few and had to recheck.

DeeDe99
01-14-16, 09:46 PM
Lady_saphira, did you by any chance accept new neighbours before you sent the request?

I'm yet to be convinced of Lurker2's explanation, as I find most days the first checkmark in the left hand column unchecks when I click in the right hand column, and I recheck it, yet I don't necessarily receive the error message. Admittedly (@Lurker2) I wasn't thinking of that being the cause of the issue, so wasn't taking specific note, however I will from now on. Your explanation sounds plausible, most certainly, apart from the timing - you are suggesting the data interchange happens after each and every check: that seems to not fit with the rest of the timings.

roguebee
01-15-16, 09:29 AM
I did a map request this morning and purposely checked and unchecked the box for my other account, then checked it again after I had gone through the entire list. Sent requests and didn't get the message. This was done after accepting and returning 3 gold gifts. I'll keep experimenting over the next few days and see if I can create a repeatable pattern.

PS. The account had been waiting for an expansion to finish so there was no map requests returned for last couple of days.

lady_saphira
01-15-16, 04:10 PM
Lady_saphira, did you by any chance accept new neighbours before you sent the request?

I'm yet to be convinced of Lurker2's explanation, as I find most days the first checkmark in the left hand column unchecks when I click in the right hand column, and I recheck it, yet I don't necessarily receive the error message. Admittedly (@Lurker2) I wasn't thinking of that being the cause of the issue, so wasn't taking specific note, however I will from now on. Your explanation sounds plausible, most certainly, apart from the timing - you are suggesting the data interchange happens after each and every check: that seems to not fit with the rest of the timings.

No, Dee... I did have a new neighbor request but I did that several hours after the map request incident. Not a clue what's going on then...

zaccy678
01-16-16, 05:36 AM
I've tested Lurker2's theory twice now, deliberately not re-checking the boxes that un-checked themselves.

Both times - no message!! And I ALWAYS get the message!

Think you've cracked the puzzle Lurker2!!

Although, the mystery remains... Why do they uncheck themselves?? :confused:

blueangel826
01-16-16, 05:03 PM
Gold and maps or lotus flowers should ALL be separate gifts. So you're saying if I ok a map that means I can't send gold to that person That's just not right! And if that's the case then the "gift box" icon should not appear on their homepage. if these developers are so smart as to make so many different dragons and so many different islands and movements of the dragons then they can figure this one out. They just don't want to.
I'm a newbie compared to most of you, but we're all getting totally ripped off if gold, maps, & lotus are all considered equal & not the way it is intended or documented to be! Can a moderator or someone with authority come in on this to clarify this ENTIRE issue, please? !? Thanks!

roguebee
01-20-16, 09:13 AM
I've tested Lurker2's theory twice now, deliberately not re-checking the boxes that un-checked themselves.

Both times - no message!! And I ALWAYS get the message!

Think you've cracked the puzzle Lurker2!!

Although, the mystery remains... Why do they uncheck themselves?? :confused:

I would tend to agree. After playing around with this for close to a week on two accounts, the only time I've gotten the message was when the box unchecked itself and I rechecked it. So far, I haven't received the message for other actions.

DeeDe99
01-21-16, 01:19 AM
So, as Zaccy678 points out, we are left with the question of why does the box uncheck itself? I've notice this also happens in Castle Story and the same message results if the box is checked again. Very odd.

@Bk7553, I've not found satisfactory documentation at all. All I found was documentation about another game, with an addendum that Dragon Story was slightly different. Do you have a link to the documentation you are referring to? I'd love to read.

diner2u
01-21-16, 01:49 PM
I was getting them quite a bit in the beginning so my routine is when I open DS in the morning I accept my Gold then scroll to the bottom of my Gold list of people that I received from and I pick the last one to send Gold too. I do the last 3 individually so when it pops up that they didn't receive it I am not left wondering who it was.

2nd I answer map requests but I don't send to the ones I sent Gold to until later that evening.

3rd I request maps but usually not till the evening. And yes my #2 thru #4 person I check mark as soon as I start to scroll down they uncheck themselves so I just check them again and hit send.

It's now kinda of rare if I get any of those pop ups. Usually only if I didn't get on in the morning and didn't get on till late evening then I get a pop up.