PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 11/26 Food Shelter

Pages : 1 [2]

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 06:19 AM
Um... There are seven days to complete this and I finished in less than 12 hours without needing to gem speed anything? (I am level 47 and ever since the beginning have had the strategy to keep my kitchens stocked with the ingredients to make at least 3x of each feast just in case I'm called upon to craft one)... Still, am I missing something?? Are there more steps?? If not, this is great!! Especially after spending ages collecting and trading in fertilizer for Sir Daisy who drops... (Drumroll, please) horse hair, and is no more useful than my coin horses, AND worked like crazy on gummy worms and dirt sundaes for an orphanage that drops... (mor drumroll) coins, AND a grand prize pond that drops...(the crowd goes wild!!) one bucket of water, which is less than I get from my coin ponds!
So if it's really over, this was a great event!!! Crafting a handfull of feasts I'll use for adventures and ending up with 10 gem rewards and a new food dropping building... Do more of these, S8! (Except maybe with not so many bugs in the rollout ��)

Well, I was scrolling back through the page but I think you just answered my question. Which is what happens after the potluck feasts? Does a new level open that you have to complete or is that it? According to you that's it I suppose. I don't see the divine feast anywhere in my kitchen - was I supposed to have one? And what was I supposed to do with it?

jbfps116
11-27-15, 07:01 AM
hmm.. short and sweet mission. new little building. wonder what's next? maybe a community christmas event?

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 07:03 AM
hmm.. short and sweet mission. new little building. wonder what's next? maybe a community christmas event?

Which is what we needed after the last labor intensive one. So I'm happy. I'd like a few weeks in between events to give me a chance to rebuild.

sircatalot
11-27-15, 07:17 AM
Don't know why, but I only got 1 offering from the Spicy feast. Also got 1 from Hearty and Simple Feasts. This will take a while. Wonder if it is because I already unlocked the building before the bug was fixed.

AnniePMH
11-27-15, 08:19 AM
Well, I was scrolling back through the page but I think you just answered my question. Which is what happens after the potluck feasts? Does a new level open that you have to complete or is that it? According to you that's it I suppose. I don't see the divine feast anywhere in my kitchen - was I supposed to have one? And what was I supposed to do with it?

No more goals this update after turning in the potluck feast, and placing the shelter. There was no divine feast. I guess we must ask Sourp4tch what S8 meant by that...:):rolleyes:

Korlcek
11-27-15, 08:35 AM
Divine feast was for adventure Ascend Mount Despair

vednir
11-27-15, 08:39 AM
I dug into some of the back threads. The Divine Feast was removed in an update in 2013 along with the silver platter (which is now back) as well as the royal stew (still removed). There was brief talk back then about it coming back but as you can see it has not returned since then. The game guide was quoted in its prior form which shows the Divine Feast along with some other trivia in this post here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread&p=452456&viewfull=1#post452456).

It's doubtful that the divine feast will make a return with this update as it would simply be a dead end (like the breakfast buffet currently is). What it does speak to however is some of the workings of S8 which we can wildly speculate on.

1. No original designer/programmer that worked on Castle Story in 2013 and had involvement with the Divine Feast is still working on the game or for S8 as this mistake would have been easily caught by that person.
2. The Divine Feast was never removed from whatever database S8 used to generate this update with a list of available feasts which was hurriedly put together and neither QCed nor beta tested before being released.
3. The new/current designers/programmers do not reach back even to the winter bakery which is only a year old. This building appears to be obsolete in their eyes while the kitchen camp is new and therefore eligible for inclusion in this current update. It suggests a similar fate for future special releases such as the kitchen camp.
4. There was sufficient blowback from the wedding alicorn debacle that they've realized it's better for the game's economy to just leave poorly QCed mistakes in play. This includes allowing the placement of the food shelter up front and adjusting the update goals accordingly (adding a gem reward) instead of removing the item already in play. I'd suggest this offers proof that sufficient numbers of their player base quit or stopped paying that the powers that be took note in some monthly report and prevented further removal of accidentally released items.
5. The game's economy is insufficient to dedicate sufficient programming time to it. While it still places second in the S8 forum right under Dragon Story which suggests its general importance to the S8 revenue stream you'll note that the next 4 games are all 2nd versions (Farm Story 2, Restaurant Story 2, Bakery Story 2, Dragon Story 2) of previously highly successful games. It's inevitable that at some point in time, perhaps after their fiscal year closes a second edition of Castle Story will be released and we'll see even less programming time dedicated to this game.

coolssp
11-27-15, 08:40 AM
So, we have 7 days... Then the hoarder in me can make two potluck feasts... :)

ktorewqas
11-27-15, 09:37 AM
So, we have 7 days... Then the hoarder in me can make two potluck feasts... :)i am not a hoarder but still made two. I need the sweet feasts to go on desert adventures and the offering is by-product, so I waited patiently until I got enough offerings for another feast lol

M2013C
11-27-15, 09:52 AM
Something strange happened, I made 2 feast got the offerings. Then my goal to make 10 feast disappeared and the next goal came.

totalwasteoftime
11-27-15, 09:55 AM
So, we have 7 days... Then the hoarder in me can make two potluck feasts... :)

I would have made a second or at least gathered a few bonus "offerings" if I'd realized that was the last step! I have a turkey costume in inventory that I was too late to put on the sheep so I didn't want to risk the deadline... guess I had plenty of time!

totalwasteoftime
11-27-15, 10:01 AM
I think it's 7 days long because the event also takes into account for the lower level players who might not have all the ingredients of a feast ready... and for someone who just made it to level 17, they can only do simple feast and hearty feast. Not spicy and sweet feast available to them yet.

Please correct me if my math below is wrong. But for a lower level player to craft a feast from scratch, it takes a lot of time so 7 days is actually more reasonable. And the time below doesn't even account for time / energies needed to harvest the ingredients.

Simple feast, with one kitchen, would take 6 hours to craft
Grit: 30 minutes x 2 = 1 hour
Bread: 2 hours x 2 = 4 hours
Simple feast = 1 hour

Hearty feast, with one kitchen, would take 11.5 hours to craft
Hearty stew = 2 hours
Pasta = 1 hour
Noodles = 30 minutes
Flour: 30 minutes x 2 = 1 hour
Breaded fish = 1 hour
Bread: 2 hours x 2 = 4 hours
Hearty feast = 2 hours

(I'm done crafting the Potluck feast too in just 8 hours, with "normal" offering drops. I'm just collecting for souvenir now.)

After the mystery dinner with 6 trips to the market which I had to gem skip or that would have taken all 7 days for me (at level 47) I couldn't see how a lower level player could have gotten through that one so I wasn't expecting it to go so quick!

stargaze91
11-27-15, 10:06 AM
Strange , but for people who started after the bug fix , 1 sweet feast gives 45 plus offerings..I had one already so I got 44 and a black flag

And I stupidly collected my second potluck feast ( inv became full) ,so I thought I wouldn't be able to craft a third ,hence hoard 2 feasts . BUT ,if you do that, you can still hoard 2 .After serving the feast, Just don't place the food shelter., crafting is still available that way..now I'm crafting another potluck feast yippee

kellbell710
11-27-15, 10:11 AM
Something strange happened, I made 2 feast got the offerings. Then my goal to make 10 feast disappeared and the next goal came.

I thought the very same thing happened to me, Then I read the first post in this thread and saw that it said - Gather 10 Offerings. :)

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 10:18 AM
So what do you get for the final prize? I was one who got the food shelter in the glitch.

meme1098
11-27-15, 10:19 AM
So what do you get for the final prize? I was one who got the food shelter in the glitch.

If you got the shelter right away, you got your prize.

carebear8724
11-27-15, 10:20 AM
Hey everyone I just looked at the first page again and Sourp4tch has added info on each adventure. So save your feasts and stock up on everything else needed for adventures. I'm thinking this is gonna be our next goal.

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 10:23 AM

Weren't we supposed to get some extra gems too?

twinkletoes12348

Five gems, if you already got the food shelter.

meme1098
Hey everyone I just looked at the first page again and Sourp4tch has added info on each adventure. So save your feasts and stock up on everything else needed for adventures. I'm thinking this is gonna be our next goal.

Someone requested that, and SpiritWind obliged by editing the post.

spchstew
11-27-15, 10:38 AM

I got my shelter early, but still got the 5 gems at the end.

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 10:44 AM
I got my shelter early, but still got the 5 gems at the end.

And since there's quest goals being put up we're also thinking that this isn't the end of this quest after all? There's more if we finish?

twinkletoes12348
11-27-15, 11:11 AM
Just collected from my Food Shelter. It dropped coins and 1 sugar.

LadyFencer
11-27-15, 11:24 AM
Thank you for another doable quest! This was a nice respite from the repetitive collecting and giving. I'm thankful!

ktorewqas
11-27-15, 11:55 AM
Just collected from my Food Shelter. It dropped coins and 1 sugar.i got an Ivy's hot sauce.

sunnygirl634
11-27-15, 11:56 AM
First drop for me was 1 bread.

AnniePMH
11-27-15, 12:04 PM
Just collected from my Food Shelter. It dropped coins and 1 sugar.

Me too, lol. Sugar (tried to drop...), 15 coins and 1 or 2 xp:rolleyes:

ktorewqas
11-27-15, 12:05 PM
Me too, lol. 1 sugar (tried to drop...), 15 coins and 1 or 2 xp:rolleyes:lmao ... I guess it tried very hard to drop lol

AnniePMH
11-27-15, 12:10 PM
lmao ... I guess it tried very hard to drop lol

Yep, it waved a little flag and everything. It gets credits for trying, I'm not picky, lol:p

Indryia
11-27-15, 12:15 PM
For me it was a flour, but I am max on.

stanglady1
11-27-15, 12:18 PM
cool, I got noodles. exactly the one item missing for another spicy feast :)

anissada
11-27-15, 12:25 PM
I do mind. I've bought it, it's mine now. Let's stop the stealing at last... especially on Thanksgiving.

totally agree.. no more walicorn debacles to be repeated...

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 12:36 PM
totally agree.. no more walicorn debacles to be repeated...

What was the walicorn debacle?

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 12:47 PM
Oh, and I just got a fried fish out of my shelter. So I'm happy. I still haven't finished the quest but I'm trying - I want the five gems too.

M2013C
11-27-15, 12:59 PM
I thought the very same thing happened to me, Then I read the first post in this thread and saw that it said - Gather 10 Offerings. :)

Thanks

starcontrol
11-27-15, 01:04 PM
I dug into some of the back threads. The Divine Feast was removed in an update in 2013 along with the silver platter (which is now back) as well as the royal stew (still removed). There was brief talk back then about it coming back but as you can see it has not returned since then. The game guide was quoted in its prior form which shows the Divine Feast along with some other trivia in this post here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread&p=452456&viewfull=1#post452456).

It's doubtful that the divine feast will make a return with this update as it would simply be a dead end (like the breakfast buffet currently is). What it does speak to however is some of the workings of S8 which we can wildly speculate on.

1. No original designer/programmer that worked on Castle Story in 2013 and had involvement with the Divine Feast is still working on the game or for S8 as this mistake would have been easily caught by that person.o
2. The Divine Feast was never removed from whatever database S8 used to generate this update with a list of available feasts which was hurriedly put together and neither QCed nor beta tested before being released.
3. The new/current designers/programmers do not reach back even to the winter bakery which is only a year old. This building appears to be obsolete in their eyes while the kitchen camp is new and therefore eligible for inclusion in this current update. It suggests a similar fate for future special releases such as the kitchen camp.
4. There was sufficient blowback from the wedding alicorn debacle that they've realized it's better for the game's economy to just leave poorly QCed mistakes in play. This includes allowing the placement of the food shelter up front and adjusting the update goals accordingly (adding a gem reward) instead of removing the item already in play. I'd suggest this offers proof that sufficient numbers of their player base quit or stopped paying that the powers that be took note in some monthly report and prevented further removal of accidentally released items.
5. The game's economy is insufficient to dedicate sufficient programming time to it. While it still places second in the S8 forum right under Dragon Story which suggests its general importance to the S8 revenue stream you'll note that the next 4 games are all 2nd versions (Farm Story 2, Restaurant Story 2, Bakery Story 2, Dragon Story 2) of previously highly successful games. It's inevitable that at some point in time, perhaps after their fiscal year closes a second edition of Castle Story will be released and we'll see even less programming time dedicated to this game.
6. No game developer actually plays the game or they would have known that the Divine feast is not available. This also explains the frequent "hiccups" when a new quest comes out. This could also explain why they thought the Essence Pool was an adequate reward for making us log in hourly for three weeks.

twinkletoes12348
11-27-15, 01:14 PM
6. No game developer actually plays the game or they would have known that the Divine feast is not available. This also explains the frequent "hiccups" when a new quest comes out. This could also explain why they thought the Essence Pool was an adequate reward for making us log in hourly for three weeks.

The essence pool debacle sucked, but--bugs aside--I feel like they really came through for us on the whole Thanksgiving events thing. Plus I enjoyed having a shot at all those turkey animals. And not many game developers would have been working to fix bugs on Thanksgiving day, so I'm pretty impressed (and thankful).

danzplace
11-27-15, 01:17 PM
I received breaded fish with my first collection. Thanks for the new building!

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 01:49 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Seriously? I had seven points left to go for my potluck so I spent the morning making a Hearty Feast feast to finish it up. Only to come up one short - now I have to gather all the ingredients to make a simple feast to make it up. Blerg - at least I'm not trying to beat a clock. And I've already got my food shelter so I'm just going for the five extra gems.

BahSunFarms
11-27-15, 02:01 PM
First drop - 1 ice cream.

ninasidstorm8
11-27-15, 02:05 PM
First Drop - Ivy's Hot Sauce

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 02:54 PM
So - I am still waiting to get my last point but I have my food shelter. Are we done with this quest, then? Can we start sending knights out with the feasts we made for it?

ETA on a side note, my last quest dropped a multicolor hedge and it has a timer on it - what does it drop?

PinkEquinox
11-27-15, 03:03 PM
So - I am still waiting to get my last point but I have my food shelter. Are we done with this quest, then? Can we start sending knights out with the feasts we made for it?

ETA on a side note, my last quest dropped a multicolor hedge and it has a timer on it - what does it drop?

Yes You're done and can use your feast. The hedge drops 5 petals of assorted colors every 4 hours.

Jinc4
11-27-15, 03:11 PM

I got a multicoloured hedge recently - they are well worth having, after a while you will be maxed out on petals, which frees up space if you don't want as many plants around.

ShibuyaCloth
11-27-15, 03:19 PM
Item of th day:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50501.png_2v_31020.png
Offering
Info: Fresh food made in preparation of the kingdom's biggest feast ever!
Type: Material
Source: Event
Requirements: 15 gems
Found: By crafting any feast
Used for: Potluck Feast
Events: Food Shelter
Goals: Plenty To Go Around
Cap: 45
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86784-Castle-Story-11-26-Food-Shelter

CLOVERKAITO
11-27-15, 03:20 PM
My first drop from the food shelter is a loaf of bread.

I also have two potluck feast crafted (one still in kitchen not collected). Now collecting Offerings for a third one before I serve my first one :rolleyes:

Side note: Finally my rather useless knights brought back a second burning amber after over a year... Now finally I can hatch one of my 8 dragon eggs lol.

CLOVERKAITO
11-27-15, 03:26 PM
Strange , but for people who started after the bug fix , 1 sweet feast gives 45 plus offerings..I had one already so I got 44 and a black flag

And I stupidly collected my second potluck feast ( inv became full) ,so I thought I wouldn't be able to craft a third ,hence hoard 2 feasts . BUT ,if you do that, you can still hoard 2 .After serving the feast, Just don't place the food shelter., crafting is still available that way..now I'm crafting another potluck feast yippee

Pretty sure for sweet feast it's 50 Offerings for the "after bug fix" group. I collected a sweet feast this morning and it was 25 for me.

Don't think that'd work (not placing the shelter and keep crafting) for the "before bug fix" group since we already have the shelter...

So I'm just leaving one potluck feast in my kitchen while I hoard souvenir offerings, and using my winter bakery to craft chocolates and sundaes. There are still around 6 days for me to do that... :rolleyes:

macdonald
11-27-15, 03:26 PM
My first collection was breaded fish from food shelter.

Mylania
11-27-15, 03:42 PM
My first collection was breaded fish from food shelter.

Mine too

meme1098
11-27-15, 03:46 PM
Pretty sure for sweet feast it's 50 Offerings for the "after bug fix" group. I collected a sweet feast this morning and it was 25 for me.

Don't think that'd work (not placing the shelter and keep crafting) for the "before bug fix" group since we already have the shelter...

So I'm just leaving one potluck feast in my kitchen while I hoard souvenir offerings, and using my winter bakery to craft chocolates and sundaes. There are still around 6 days for me to do that... :rolleyes:

I collected the potluck feast but didn't serve it so the goal is still in the book while I can still use both my kitchens for cooking more feasts.

CLOVERKAITO
11-27-15, 04:11 PM
I collected the potluck feast but didn't serve it so the goal is still in the book while I can still use both my kitchens for cooking more feasts.

Yes, but I'm trying to get TWO souvenir potluck feasts. I don't want to risk triggering the black flag of death when I collect the third feast so that's why I'm letting it sit in the kitchen while I craft for souvenir offerings. I already collected my two souvenir potluck feasts so it says "FULL" in my kitchen and I can't craft more. After I serve one of them for the next step then I'll collect it so that I know for sure it won't trigger the black flag :)

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 04:14 PM
Yes, but I'm trying to get TWO souvenir potluck feasts. I don't want to risk triggering the black flag of death when I collect the third feast so that's why I'm letting it sit in the kitchen while I craft for souvenir offerings. I already collected my two souvenir potluck feasts so it says "FULL" in my kitchen and I can't craft more.

What would be the advantage of an extra potluck feast? What do you do with them?

CLOVERKAITO
11-27-15, 04:17 PM
What would be the advantage of an extra potluck feast? What do you do with them?

They do nothing except to fulfill my hoarder spirit.

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 04:19 PM
They do nothing except to fulfill my hoarder spirit.

OK. Thought I was missing something with this quest. I'm still trying to get my first one - they give me the points in dribs and drabs.

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 04:27 PM
So does anyone know if this is it for the Christmas quests or are we getting another one? This was kind of short.

twinkletoes12348
11-27-15, 05:30 PM
So does anyone know if this is it for the Christmas quests or are we getting another one? This was kind of short.

We just did Thanksgiving quests, not Christmas quests. So yeah, I'd say so. There's almost a month to go ...

mreames
11-27-15, 05:32 PM

Actually, this was a Thanksgiving quest. Christmas goals will be sometime in December, I'm sure. ;)

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 05:32 PM
We just did Thanksgiving quests, not Christmas quests. So yeah, I'd say so. There's almost a month to go ...

I know they don't redo quests but I keep hoping for that reindeer stable. And the love shack come valentines' day.

ktorewqas
11-27-15, 06:15 PM
I know they don't redo quests but I keep hoping for that reindeer stable. And the love shack come valentines' day.they redo some quests, like pink alicorn, summer gazebo, glimmerbat and the turkey animals

Liloze
11-27-15, 06:19 PM
My First collection from the food Shelter : Ivy Hot sauce today.
I do hope it will give ready feasts as well.
I really like the building, it is cute :)

rulerofjennyville
11-27-15, 06:49 PM
they redo some quests, like pink alicorn, summer gazebo, glimmerbat and the turkey animals
I have all of those but the pink alicorn. Maybe they'll redo it too.

midgetsocks
11-27-15, 07:45 PM
Just got the shelter. Please let it drop more than flour lol.

And tks for gems too.

55lee55
11-27-15, 07:58 PM
My First collection from the food Shelter : Ivy Hot sauce today.
I do hope it will give ready feasts as well.
I really like the building, it is cute :)

I got one flour on my first collection. Sort of disappointing and I don't hold any hopes for a feast from this. I guess we have different definitions of what cute is. I don't think much of the building or the theme. Somehow, the whole idea of the orphanage for Halloween and now this. To me it seems to be a depressing way to head into the winter holiday season. I find the direction this game is taking lately to be quite creepy.

What are we getting for Christmas? I really hope we aren't going with a homeless shelter or worse. Guess it doesn't matter what we want because the story is already written.

I suppose it might be too much to hope for a festive and celebratory Christmas this year. Maybe next year then? I just want to get the holidays done and over with in my kingdom.

gracelinda
11-27-15, 08:27 PM
Had 8 feasts completed just completed another feast and quest counter went from 8 to 7 feasts. Soooo sad

totalwasteoftime
11-27-15, 11:38 PM
they redo some quests, like pink alicorn, summer gazebo, glimmerbat and the turkey animals

Let's hope the developers are going to take a well deserved vacation and opt to redo some of those quests instead of making new ones :)

hlndragon1
11-27-15, 11:44 PM
I only did simple feasts after the bug was fixed. In this game I got 42 offerings after making 8 simple feasts and in my other game 45 offerings after making 8 simple feasts. I'm level 50 on both games.

First collection was a bowl of noodles.

anissada
11-28-15, 01:41 AM
well... i crafted a sweet feast in ivy's bakery and did not get any offerings? is that right?

just not fair as it did cost me me ingredients

ShibuyaCloth
11-28-15, 01:55 AM
well... i crafted a sweet feast in ivy's bakery and did not get any offerings? is that right?

Read post #1!

CLOVERKAITO
11-28-15, 02:18 AM

You meant winter bakery?

Anyhow yes post one does say only kitchen and cooking camp drops offerings.

anissada
11-28-15, 03:00 AM
You meant winter bakery?

Anyhow yes post one does say only kitchen and cooking camp drops offerings.

yes, i did read.. but i got the name mixed up somehow.
anyway, most players do NOT even know there is a form, so i think it's happening to more than me.
does not seem right that a feast is not rewarded with offerings because you craft it in a different bakery as it is on the list there too. and sweet feast costs a lot more of ingredients, crafting and time than other feasts!

spchstew
11-28-15, 04:15 AM
Just got the shelter. Please let it drop more than flour lol.

And tks for gems too.

My first drop was a fish dinner. At least it wasn't flour ; )

anissada
11-28-15, 04:41 AM
does the potluck feast also drop offerings ?

Jinc4
11-28-15, 05:44 AM
mine didn't

ShibuyaCloth
11-28-15, 07:21 AM
Last item of the event:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50502.png_2v_31020.png
Potluck Feast
Info: A massive feast to serve all the kingdom's people!
Type: Material
Source: Event
Crafted in: Kitchen
Requirements: 40 Offering
Events: Food Shelter
Goals: Happy Feasting
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Cap: 2 (3)
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86784-Castle-Story-11-26-Food-Shelter

kimberly0822
11-28-15, 09:00 AM
That new table also drops offerings. I got 4

CleoHotel
11-28-15, 09:37 AM
I collected a hearty feast about 8 hours ago and just collect ed a sweet feast but they are not showing the points for the potluck feast - I haven't received any since th feast day - I might have missed more but didn't realise there was a problem. Help please?

twinkletoes12348
11-28-15, 09:38 AM

My first drop was sugar. The second one was ... flour.

:D

rulerofjennyville
11-28-15, 10:25 AM
My first drop from my table was a sweet feast.

nukesters2
11-28-15, 11:09 AM
I know they don't redo quests but I keep hoping for that reindeer stable. And the love shack come valentines' day.

I was lucky to get the pink alicorn, summer gazebo, glimmerbat, and turkey animals all on re release! so I am hoping with all my might, all I want for christmas....is the love shack to be re released!! the reindeer stable would be pretty awesome too!! :) maybe if we all hope and think about it hard enough it will happen!
Also, I got 3 offerings when I collected from my mystery table.

ClaresKingdom
11-28-15, 11:18 AM
Ok so I've prepared and served my potluck feast and ................. Nothing.........that's it! Or is it?

DeeDeeBird70
11-28-15, 11:30 AM
Ok so I've prepared and served my potluck feast and ................. Nothing.........that's it! Or is it?

It was supposed to be the Food Shelter and 5 gems. But if you got the building first before making the Potluck feast, you did get an extra 5 gems.

anissada
11-28-15, 01:43 PM

uhm.. and what about the glimmer bat and pinky and last week the turkey animals..
those are an old quests which were redone recently..

rulerofjennyville
11-28-15, 02:01 PM
uhm.. and what about the glimmer bat and pinky and last week the turkey animals..
those are an old quests which were redone recently..

I'd like pinky, too. Hopefully they'll decide to redo the other ones.

klaudysiak
11-28-15, 03:29 PM
Why in my game food shelter is not available to place in my kingdom ? I'm on 24 level and I get the goal with it but I can't place it. Why?

Dabag
11-28-15, 03:34 PM
Why in my game food shelter is not available to place in my kingdom ? I'm on 24 level and I get the goal with it but I can't place it. Why?

see post #2 of this update thread
You have do the goals to unlock the Food Shelter
(find in the Building Tab)

transberry
11-29-15, 01:18 PM
see post #2 of this update thread
You have do the goals to unlock the Food Shelter
(find in the Building Tab)

No matter what feast I do 3 offerings,

And even level 50 this is a difficult task making so many feasts

I'm never maxed on anything

Sandybellee
11-29-15, 03:22 PM
Just finished this and collected my 5 gems! This was a very reasonable quest with useful rewards (food shelter and the gems). :)

I already got the shelter at the beginning and it's given me flour, noodles and Ivy's hot sauce so far.

rst345
11-30-15, 11:18 AM

Noticed you have little need for flour; how? I am constantly making flour for bread & noodles for feasts. I have a level 5 windmill but it drops almost nothing. One flour in a month or two. Sadly missed out on the winter bakery. Is there something I am missing. Weary of making flour.

EsmeW2
11-30-15, 01:11 PM
Noticed you have little need for flour; how? I am constantly making flour for bread & noodles for feasts. I have a level 5 windmill but it drops almost nothing. One flour in a month or two. Sadly missed out on the winter bakery. Is there something I am missing. Weary of making flour.

Me too! I spend ages on it and then suddenly find it's all used up again. I'm happy for anything that drops flour or bread and I'd love to be maxed out on them, sadly the windmill is not a good source, but I just got some bread from the food shelter.

PrincessCupOButter
11-30-15, 09:24 PM

The dairy and egg trade is a pretty good source for flour and sugar. I also get grits and noodles from it fairly often. The added bonus is that it's one of the easiest ways to get trade permits. I do at least two of those trades per day and I haven't made sugar or flour in ages. (Always maxed) Also, if you can spend the gems, the harvest pergola drops food items as well.

Ps. If you were able to build the summer gazebo, it is another source for food items.

rst345
11-30-15, 10:42 PM
The dairy and egg trade is a pretty good source for flour and sugar. I also get grits and noodles from it fairly often. The added bonus is that it's one of the easiest ways to get trade permits. I do at least two of those trades per day and I haven't made sugar or flour in ages. (Always maxed) Also, if you can spend the gems, the harvest pergola drops food items as well.

Ps. If you were able to build the summer gazebo, it is another source for food items.
Thanks, I do have the gazebo( fab re-release S8) but I usually get sugar & lemonade there. Mm mm I will focus on the egg & dairy trade. It would be a joyous occasion to be maxed out on flour. Let the bells ring out!

the1goodcook
12-03-15, 11:10 AM
I went thru speed up too .. wasted gems Storm8 should extend the length of quest Due to Their Error

the1goodcook
12-03-15, 11:53 AM
So Because of Glitch I wasted 75 gems without the proper reward ..that stinks