PDA

View Full Version : New Mining dragon : Abyssal dragon (ends 1-12-16)

Clark_Wayne
11-24-15, 03:35 PM
new Mining dragon : Abyss Dragon (not abyssal :D)
super rare black-red

Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&p=953851&viewfull=1#post953851)

Ends on 1-12-16

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27601&d=1452278471 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27601&d=1452278471)

DeeDe99
11-24-15, 03:42 PM
Hurray! I am SO OVER waiting for the new mining dragon, I thought we'd never see the back of Garnet, lovely as it is, but got it ages ago and all my bombs have been going into the munitions graveyard for weeks!

I can mine again! YAY! :)

owa411
11-24-15, 04:03 PM
Not complaining, but again a black/red combo??

DeeDe99
11-24-15, 04:05 PM
Not complaining, but again a black/red combo??

Last 3 as follows, I believe, were not black/red:

Crystal Super Rare Y Gemstone Purple Blue
Azurite Super Rare Y Black Blue Purple
Garnet Super Rare y Gemstone Red

Black seems to be everywhere lately, but I think that may be in response to the players complaining black has been hard to get.

On the other hand, there has also been a lot of "pretty" dragons lately (Ice Queen, Prime Chroma, Winter Lily, Beauty to name a few)

belarica
11-24-15, 04:56 PM
Yay, and it's my favorite body type :)

Simdiva
11-24-15, 05:09 PM
Not upset to see another black. I am sure I can two and I have an amber waiting to evolve that I plan on trading which between the two will give bpneed the blacks I need for the final black crafting; tigers eye. I didn't do great with my 36 bombs, only scored 76 pieces but at least no misses and I got a lot of food.

roguebee
11-24-15, 05:44 PM
Off to a fair start, 54 pieces for 25 bombs.

divanightclub
11-24-15, 06:27 PM
I currently have a total of 64 pieces, ( 52 from the 25 that I saved and 12 more from poison that was already waiting patiently after evolving)

DeeDe99
11-24-15, 11:55 PM
72 pieces with plenty of evolutions looming. Aiming for two of this one so I can trade one for a large onyx.

hiabarara
11-25-15, 08:53 AM
I come across new bugs everyday, wow.

So I had 25 bombs and the first three rounds went perfectly smooth, but then suddenly the next round showed me a mine that had holes in it from my previous round. I just used my bombs anyway and I could even use my bombs where the old holes were.

The next round showed me the old and new holes.

Then the loading symbol appeared and after some time it resetted everything. I got all my bombs back, but it's still weird because I just started the game.

Never heard of that bug before.

amerirish
11-25-15, 09:10 AM

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Black Red
Habitat: Black Sands, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 45
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 17 hours
Exp Gained: 1,740

DeeDe99
11-25-15, 11:08 AM

So I had 25 bombs and the first three rounds went perfectly smooth, but then suddenly the next round showed me a mine that had holes in it from my previous round. I just used my bombs anyway and I could even use my bombs where the old holes were.

Then the loading symbol appeared and after some time it resetted everything. I got all my bombs back, but it's still weird because I just started the game.

That really sounds like a bad connection, not a bug. The not refreshing display, your bomb count resetting - that's connection. Are you in wi-fi? Did your router spontaneously reset?

zyfazix
11-25-15, 11:12 AM
D'awwww, the adult form is so cute

Definitely going to try to get two of these for a fourth large onyx to craft a Jade Dragon

hiabarara
11-25-15, 11:14 AM
That really sounds like a bad connection, not a bug. The not refreshing display, your bomb count resetting - that's connection. Are you in wi-fi? Did your router spontaneously reset?

I always use Wi-Fi, but I was at the computer during that time and never once did my tabs stop loading or anything. I also just checked my router history and no disconnect there.

I mean it's not that huge of a problem. I got my bombs back and I can use the mine as usual, but I just never saw something like this before :D

freshfunin2008
11-25-15, 11:33 AM

I would say that is a bug.

DeeDe99
11-25-15, 11:35 AM
I always use Wi-Fi, but I was at the computer during that time and never once did my tabs stop loading or anything. I also just checked my router history and no disconnect there.

I mean it's not that huge of a problem. I got my bombs back and I can use the mine as usual, but I just never saw something like this before :D

Me either! Will keep my eye out though!

DeeDe99
11-25-15, 11:38 AM
I would say that is a bug.

If it was a bug, wouldn't we all have the same problem? A program bug would be consistent, I would think. I'm still going with Comms based on the description. Lost packet or two, roll-back.

zyfazix
11-26-15, 11:39 AM
84 pieces from 35 bombs. Expected date of crafting is December 5th

Simdiva
11-26-15, 12:21 PM

It could still be a connection issue with your isp dropping between storm 8. Very unlikely to be a bug or it would have been happening before this on all mining screens. I suppose it could be viral if you are on android but I don't know much about android other than I had one a couple years ago and didn't like it so traded it for a mini lol

Bastiaan0
11-26-15, 01:54 PM
Now at 61 shards from 26 bombs and 5 bombs in store.
Also I am going for 2 of these because of the large onyx :)

DeeDe99
11-26-15, 03:35 PM
62 shards on hand now. 400 (for two) is a long way away, but need that Onyx!

amalsaba
11-26-15, 03:53 PM
Last 3 as follows, I believe, were not black/red:

Crystal Super Rare Y Gemstone Purple Blue
Azurite Super Rare Y Black Blue Purple
Garnet Super Rare y Gemstone Red

Black seems to be everywhere lately, but I think that may be in response to the players complaining black has been hard to get.

On the other hand, there has also been a lot of "pretty" dragons lately (Ice Queen, Prime Chroma, Winter Lily, Beauty to name a few)

I agree with you Deedee
Lots of beautiful new dragons. Lots of black hybrids. Now I need to mine hard to get 2 of this beauty. I wanna trade one for a large black gem.

Kitty631
11-26-15, 10:22 PM
I have a new bug, nothing I do produces bombs!! Since finishing the Garnet dragon I've hatched 5 eggs but I still have only got my left-over 3 bombs from Garnet? I'm playing on an Android if that matters. I sent an email to the address in the FAQs but no response yet (since 3am ).

DeeDe99
11-26-15, 10:47 PM
It is the Evolution Temple that gives bombs.

The Breeding Den gives dynamite.

Hatching eggs gives neither.

Simdiva
11-29-15, 08:58 AM
Doubt I will keep the first one of these as I already gphave lots of black red. If I get two which is like, I will keep the second. I would rather have tge gem to craft tigers eye. I am in the oricess of trading Amber now for the other gem.

DeeDe99
11-29-15, 06:40 PM
I was going for two on the basis of getting the Onyx for a crafting dragon, but now I have two Cursed Rose dragons, so one may go for an Onyx.

Half way to the first anyway, with an Infinity, a Unicorn and heaps of others waiting to be evolved.

diner2u
11-29-15, 11:29 PM

It's happened to me a few times and it always resets itself. Luckily, I don't lose bombs. It can be frustrating cuz maybe I collected 10 pieces then it resets and when I do it again maybe I only find 5 pieces :/

When it happens to me eventually the lil Dragon comes up saying "processing" so my dumb WiFi is losing its connection even though I see I am still connected. I take it as a connection issue.

lenasdinner
11-30-15, 02:46 AM
I have a new bug, nothing I do produces bombs!! Since finishing the Garnet dragon I've hatched 5 eggs but I still have only got my left-over 3 bombs from Garnet? I'm playing on an Android if that matters. I sent an email to the address in the FAQs but no response yet (since 3am ).

evolution tample gives you bombs.so when you evolve dragons you get bombs. I get only explosives when I breed dragons. I'm on android too.

hungryres
11-30-15, 03:36 AM
sorry if this has been asked before, is there a upper limit how many bomb storage can hold?
i see the storage count kept at 25 for a long time, and i have keep evolving dragons all the time but the bomb count did not grow.

DeeDe99
11-30-15, 03:52 AM
sorry if this has been asked before, is there a upper limit how many bomb storage can hold?
i see the storage count kept at 25 for a long time, and i have keep evolving dragons all the time but the bomb count did not grow.

25 is the limit. You need to use some if you want to save any more from your temple.

divanightclub
12-01-15, 03:42 PM
101 pieces for me now... 99 more to go... Glad I'm at least 1/2 way there!

DeeDe99
12-02-15, 12:43 AM
132 pieces. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favourite dragons.

persezabar
12-05-15, 05:41 AM
Now 197 pieces. :-)

DeeDe99
12-05-15, 04:19 PM
and....................now crafting! WOO HOO!!

Sandybellee
12-06-15, 10:22 AM
I've been very lazy about mining for this one... I guess I should mine for it, craft it and trade it even though I don't want it on my island. I wish we would have got something light and beautiful to mine for in December.

divanightclub
12-06-15, 12:37 PM
156 pieces for me, 44 more to go before crafting mine...

belarica
12-06-15, 05:44 PM
Just started crafting

Simdiva
12-06-15, 09:27 PM
Now crafting, this is the final piece I need to do my final black dragon, Tigers Eye, not keeping the first one as I don't need another red black, however will likely end up with a second and have nothing to trade it for. Have already sold off the second garnet and the second sweet tooth, I just do not need duplicates!

DeeDe99
12-06-15, 11:00 PM
But Simdiva, Abyss is BEAUTIFUL!

Think of Avalanche rushing down an Abyss, both of them on a Stormy Summit..... ;)

Get with the fantasy! :) :)

persezabar
12-07-15, 01:24 AM
This beautiful egg is on my nest 🎆

DeeDe99
12-07-15, 01:31 AM
This beautiful egg is on my nest ��

Congrats! I still have 2 hours and 45 minutes of crafting to go.

Are you going for 2? I have two Sweet Tooth and will have to sell one, they are rather useless really. About to get a second Night Imp, hope they can be traded.

I like this Abyss dragon, could even keep two of this.

persezabar
12-07-15, 05:23 AM
Congrats! I still have 2 hours and 45 minutes of crafting to go.

Are you going for 2? I have two Sweet Tooth and will have to sell one, they are rather useless really. About to get a second Night Imp, hope they can be traded.

I like this Abyss dragon, could even keep two of this.

I'll probably have another one, because I already have 23 bombs, but I hope that, this time I get mostly more than one piece.

Good luck DeeDee if you go as you gather for another one!

hungryres
12-07-15, 09:07 PM
25 is the limit. You need to use some if you want to save any more from your temple.

thank you for answering.
guess i have been missing out on at least two mining dragons then.

since other material in storage seemed to have upper limit of 99, i thought it was the same for bomb and dynamite as well. :p

Simdiva
12-08-15, 02:27 AM
But Simdiva, Aboyss is BEAUTIFUL!

Think of Avalanche rushing down an Abyss, both of them on a Stormy Summit..... ;)

Get with the fantasy! :) :)
Don't worry there will be another, I'm already up to 36 arts again I always get two of the mining dragons and could likely get three if I tried but I don't like to sit and do two hour breeding of air and evolve them all. I ditch most of my fails lol.

pernmagic
12-08-15, 03:49 AM
At last .... Dragon crafting .... :)

Bastiaan0
12-08-15, 09:52 AM
Started crafting yesterday :)
Will definitely go for a second, I want that large onyx.
Should be possible, evolving gold giving dragons is very good for the bomb count ;)

amerirish
12-08-15, 11:28 AM
Up to 134 pieces now, mainly thanks to my pretty new Unicorn :D

Simdiva
12-11-15, 02:33 AM
Just traded off the first one and my final black dragon tigers eye is now crafting, glad to get that over with. For some reason been getting gobs of bombs so will have a second in no tie. Still not done my first night imp as I took a bit of a battle break but need to get busy on redoing my Color chart to make it reflect what I am using and be a bit more extensive than what usually posted. Hope to include magic and possibly rarity factors although my rarity beliefs are different from mist as I feel team lava changed the rules or game with the ultras.

divanightclub
12-11-15, 09:48 AM
Finally... I'm crafting mine now...

DeeDe99
12-13-15, 03:11 PM
109 pieces towards my second one. This is going very slowly, I can't seem to get a good pieces per bomb return at the moment at all.

blueangel826
12-14-15, 02:00 PM
Do we have an end date for this one yet? Hope it's at least one more week or longer!

roguebee
12-14-15, 02:46 PM
Wait for tomorrow's updates. If no announcement, then you have another week.

DeeDe99
12-14-15, 04:48 PM
Wait for tomorrow's updates. If no announcement, then you have another week.

I just started crafting my second Night Imp in case there is an announcement re this one. I still need 67 pieces for a second Abyss, feels like I may not make it.

freshfunin2008
12-14-15, 05:28 PM
the start date is in the title and we have always gotten at least 28 days. Sometimes more. That said.... we should have this one at least until the 22nd.

MaribouMay
12-14-15, 07:32 PM
the start date is in the title and we have always gotten at least 28 days. Sometimes more. That said.... we should have this one at least until the 22nd.

That is my guess too, especially since the next update day is Friday the 25th. I doubt there will be much new introduced on Christmas day.

hiabarara
12-19-15, 07:01 AM
I already have nearly 100 pieces for a second one, just because I don't want to waste any bombs (Sunrise fails are giving me quite a few bombs). I'm considering to go for a second Abyss dragon and to trade it... I just wish we knew for sure how long we'll have D:

persezabar
12-19-15, 10:41 AM
Just another 6 pieces and I got the second Abyssal...go,go,go!

DeeDe99
12-19-15, 11:58 AM
Just another 6 pieces and I got the second Abyssal...go,go,go!

I need 3 pieces for a second, with Present on the evolution temple! Should be crafting later today! Then one Jade dragon coming up! :)

persezabar
12-19-15, 04:08 PM
Great job DeeDe!! I have in ET Gold dragon and tomorrow have pieces for crafing Abyssal.

DeeDe99
12-19-15, 10:28 PM
Thanks Persezabar! Crafting now! This one is to be traded for the black onyx. As soon as this is on the nest, Jade starts crafting. I will need one more large black stone for the Onyx Dragon and two more for the other hybrid. Had to choose: Tiger's Eye, Onyx or Jade first......

stefen35
12-21-15, 05:12 PM
10 more pieces :)

DeeDe99
12-21-15, 05:15 PM
10 more pieces :)

You'll make that no worries Stefen! Abyss is lovely.

stefen35
12-21-15, 05:16 PM
You'll make that no worries Stefen! Abyss is lovely.

yup im pretty sure ;)

stefen35
12-21-15, 10:55 PM
craft it now :)

belarica
12-24-15, 06:36 AM
Just started crafting my second :) I made it, phew!

lenasdinner
12-24-15, 09:27 AM
if I known that this mine dragon will take this long would start for second one.now to start I belive its really late.

delimiah
12-26-15, 08:10 PM
Anybody knows when this will expire?

hiabarara
12-27-15, 05:24 AM
Anybody knows when this will expire?

I actually thought we would get the notification on Friday, but nope. Thank God because that means I can finish my second one in time :D (15 pieces missing)
I can't say for sure, but I think we'll get the pop up next week. So I guess it'll end next Friday or on 4th January.

harobeda
12-27-15, 07:38 PM
I've crafted 2 dragons and have 44 pieces towards a third. Plus 20 bombs left to use. I'm past ready for this one to expire. Hopefully we'll get a notification about it soon. Then I'll put in my 48 hour evolving of Prime Eternal right before the new one hits! Give me a head start on the next one.... Even though I probably won't need a head start.

DeeDe99
12-27-15, 07:40 PM
If I'd known it was going to be around this long, I'd have gone for three. Infinity is about to finish evolving and those bombs are going into the great black cyber sky.

TwinkleTwiny
12-28-15, 03:56 AM
I miss 73pieces before crafting my second one, I hope I will make it ! How many pieces do you usually get with one bomb?

Bastiaan0
12-28-15, 05:12 AM
I miss 73pieces before crafting my second one, I hope I will make it ! How many pieces do you usually get with one bomb?

My avarage is about 2,2 pieces per bomb (and dynamite, too).
Just put my second Abyss in the trading portal, now one more large Emerald (spare Devil is evolving) and a Nether Dust and I can craft Jade :)
Abyss is now #1 in my pieces-found-per-dragon-list with 457 shards. That will be even more because I've got 16 bombs waiting and this dragon will expire next friday at earliest, I don't want to miss any possible food income.

Simdiva
12-28-15, 02:51 PM
I traded my Firestone to craft tigers eye, all the gemstones done now except for quarts just need one large pink or evolve the endless virtues I got recently NOT. the send is now crafting and will keep of course. Hoping it stays long enough that I can get 25 bombs stored and one of my diamonds cooked lol.

hiabarara
12-29-15, 04:19 AM
And I'm crafting my second one :o I have one or two other duplicates of mining dragons and I kept them (because they were Gemstone dragons and I don't have many of them yet), but I'm seriously considering to trade this one... I can use that large Onyx just as much as everyone else.

freshfunin2008
12-29-15, 03:27 PM
This one has been with us 5 weeks. Did TL forget to term this one????? Let's get a new kid in there.

roguebee
12-29-15, 06:28 PM
Last year in the mine, they left Fire Opal for 5 weeks over the Christmas/New Year holidays and in the Arena, Battlecaster was there for 39 days.

Simdiva
12-30-15, 01:43 PM
Heck I would not mind seeing fire opal come back. I have more room now anyhow. So much for the 300 goal, I just did some serious culling of rare dragons that I will never use.

amalsaba
12-30-15, 02:59 PM
This one has been with us 5 weeks. Did TL forget to term this one????? Let's get a new kid in there.

Agree. I just crafted my second one and there's no sign of when it will expire.

DeeDe99
12-30-15, 04:51 PM
I'm kicking myself - I should have gone for a third!

TwinkleTwiny
01-01-16, 03:38 AM
Just crafted my second one :D

belarica
01-01-16, 08:52 AM
I'm kicking myself - I should have gone for a third!

Right?? I wish I would have now too!

Bastiaan0
01-01-16, 12:17 PM
I'd need 57 more for a third, got a real good bomb boost from evolving 9 treasure dragons to level 7 :)
That would mean (theoratically) 26 bombs, if this dragon expires next tuesday that's going to be very tight. Not that I really need a third, but wouldn't mind that large onyx either. I still need to craft Tiger's Eye...

DeeDe99
01-01-16, 01:33 PM
Same here Bastiaan0, could have used it for Tiger's Eye.

roguebee
01-01-16, 05:06 PM
Interesting, I didn't see an announcement that the dragon was retiring on Tuesday.

D_Raho
01-01-16, 06:00 PM
Interesting, I didn't see an announcement that the dragon was retiring on Tuesday.
IIndeed, all signs point to it being next Friday at th absolute earliest. So I will be going for a third, I think.

Bastiaan0
01-02-16, 04:33 AM
IIndeed, all signs point to it being next Friday at th absolute earliest. So I will be going for a third, I think.

The timer is usually shown 72 hours prior to expiring, so it still could be tuesday. Guess we'll find out later today (10:30 am PST)...

persezabar
01-02-16, 05:05 AM
I'm going to collect the third. For now I have 125 pieces.

Bouncey51
01-02-16, 01:57 PM
I dont know if anyone has this Problem.
My game always breaks down after one time clearing the mine. Sometimes when i try for the second one and while i am bombing, my game breaks down and i lost a bomb with or without a stone or land.
Maybe u can imagine how many bombs i lost without a win coz my game broke Down.
i have the normal version of dragon story (android for galaxy tab) Special versions are always slow slower the slowest game ever and with only half of thr graphics.
i hope someone understood me

zyfazix
01-02-16, 02:05 PM
I dont know if anyone has this Problem.
My game always breaks down after one time clearing the mine. Sometimes when i try for the second one and while i am bombing, my game breaks down and i lost a bomb with or without a stone or land.
Maybe u can imagine how many bombs i lost without a win coz my game broke Down.
i have the normal version of dragon story (android for galaxy tab) Special versions are always slow slower the slowest game ever and with only half of thr graphics.
i hope someone understood me

It's a known problem with this game. Restarting the device often helps for a while, ranging from a few hours to a few days. It definitely doesn't solve it but I can usually use five bombs until I have to force close and reload the app.
(but we all know that issues like these shouldn't actually be happening unless you're playing on something really old like my mum's Galaxy Fame)

D_Raho
01-02-16, 03:19 PM
The timer is usually shown 72 hours prior to expiring, so it still could be tuesday. Guess we'll find out later today (10:30 am PST)...
The game updates on Tuesdays and Fridays. I can't recall ever seeing a Saturday update. But I'm sure someone will correct me if it has happened. But in my experience, if the game updates on a Tuesday and says the Dragon expires it will be on that Friday, in approximately 72 hours. But when the Dragon expires on a Tuesday, like the Azurite and Garnet Dragons just did, it tells you on the Friday update and it shows about 96 hours in the mines.

Bastiaan0
01-02-16, 04:31 PM
Guess I must have missed that 96 hour timer :confused:
But it definetly looks like I'm going to make it to the third without spending gold, incredible :cool:

PepperWoo
01-02-16, 07:45 PM
Dang it, really could've gone for a third had I known this will be available for so long! I've been wasting bombs after having crafted my second for about 2+ weeks now because I didn't want extra pieces in my storage... but now I'm pulling my hair out. Don't really need black gems anymore but it's nice to have a couple extras just in case they introduce a new one in the future. Oh well..

catholicahafan
01-03-16, 12:32 AM
How long until we get to mine for a new Dragon?

Bastiaan0
01-03-16, 03:48 AM
Dang it, really could've gone for a third had I known this will be available for so long! I've been wasting bombs after having crafted my second for about 2+ weeks now because I didn't want extra pieces in my storage... but now I'm pulling my hair out. Don't really need black gems anymore but it's nice to have a couple extras just in case they introduce a new one in the future. Oh well..

I never waste bombs, I always keep on mining for the food :D

How long until we get to mine for a new Dragon?

At least till friday. And it should be friday, this dragon is here too long by now.

freshfunin2008
01-04-16, 03:29 PM
Let's get a new one in here. Has TL forgotten about this one? It has been here about 2 weeks too long. lol

zyfazix
01-04-16, 04:43 PM
If they don't put a new one in here soon I might go for a second abyss after all :|

Clark_Wayne
01-04-16, 05:24 PM
i already had my 2nd abyss 2 weeks ago ! i don't want to start a 3rd :eek:
1st time the mining dragon stayed so long ! (except for the 1st one platinum)
normally we should have a new 2 weeks ago !
can't wait resume evolving my dragons :eek:

hiabarara
01-04-16, 05:35 PM
i already had my 2nd abyss 2 weeks ago ! i don't want to start a 3rd :eek:
1st time the mining dragon stayed so long ! (except for the 1st one platinum)
normally we should have a new 2 weeks ago !
can't wait resume evolving my dragons :eek:

Do you seriously stop evolving your dragons to save bombs? But that seems like such a waste :eek: I always have so many dragons in my Evolution Temple queue that I simply can't afford it to let it be idle.

DeeDe99
01-04-16, 05:44 PM
Do you seriously stop evolving your dragons to save bombs? But that seems like such a waste :eek: I always have so many dragons in my Evolution Temple queue that I simply can't afford it to let it be idle.

Ditto!!! The bomb supply is endless on my island. 67 waiting at level 3 and another 24 waiting at level 6 plus 5 waiting at level 9.

Clark_Wayne
01-05-16, 01:03 AM

Ditto!!! The bomb supply is endless on my island. 67 waiting at level 3 and another 24 waiting at level 6 plus 5 waiting at level 9.

most of my dragons are lvl 10 , those who are still lvl 7-9 need to much food to lvl10 and i want to save the food for the dragons i want to lvl15
i don't have much luck with breeding dragons recently : lots of common dragons and i don't trade them, only rare or super rare so i need to spare the bombs to the future mining dragons.
some dragons won't never evolve because i really dislike the epic form (thankgiving, boo, spider,...) when their baby form is so lovely
so my waiting list for evolution is getting shorter after each mining dragon :D

i don't need gems, spell scrolls, nether dust because i got already all the crafting dragons (remember gemstone dragons can not be traded) and i can craft scrolls and dust whenever i want : lots of small and large gems of all colors :D
besides max food you get from the mining dragons is 500 apples when mining for island part can give 1000 apples

DeeDe99
01-05-16, 01:35 AM
Clark, can I send some of mine over to your island so you can evolve them for me? :D

You can keep the bombs!

Totally understand now. Oh the luxury!

Clark_Wayne
01-05-16, 07:25 AM
Clark, can I send some of mine over to your island so you can evolve them for me? :D

You can keep the bombs!

Totally understand now. Oh the luxury!

this is an idea i like ! you can submit to TL/s8, though i don't think they will ever let us do LOL
but i totally understand your feelings about evolution temple : i remember the time when i got lots of dragons waiting for the temple LOL
with time you are becoming patient LOL

Bastiaan0
01-05-16, 12:35 PM

251 unique dragons minus 179 epics equals 72 dragons which are not epic...
11 gold givers at level 7, not to be fed very soon;
4 at level 3;
2 at level 6 (one is evolving);
1 hatching and
53 at level 9 waiting for apples and temple time.
Since I started this list (long time ago ;)), it is always growing...

Back to Abyss: Still no sign of expiration. Looks like TL/S8 either forgot or skipped changing this dragon in december :D
Anyway, I'm crafting my third Abyss right now :) And if we actually get double time on this I can make it to the fourth, I still need one more large Onyx...

As for me, I say, let the next dragon be a super rare pink hybrid. Quartz is the last gemstone dragon after Tiger's Eye for my island ;)

hiabarara
01-05-16, 12:44 PM
251 unique dragons minus 179 epics equals 72 dragons which are not epic...
11 gold givers at level 7, not to be fed very soon;
4 at level 3;
2 at level 6 (one is evolving);
1 hatching and
53 at level 9 waiting for apples and temple time.
Since I started this list (long time ago ;)), it is always growing...

Back to Abyss: Still no sign of expiration. Looks like TL/S8 either forgot or skipped changing this dragon in december :D
Anyway, I'm crafting my third Abyss right now :) And if we actually get double time on this I can make it to the fourth, I still need one more large Onyx...

As for me, I say, let the next dragon be a super rare pink hybrid. Quartz is the last gemstone dragon after Tiger's Eye for my island ;)

Oh God, you're right. I was waiting for a new Tournament or something and totally forgot about the mining dragon. So it'll still be there until at least next Tuesday, ughh.
But a new pink dragon would be amazing! I'm currently breeding for new pink dragons because I rarely get any.

zyfazix
01-05-16, 01:07 PM
So it is time to continue mining. Ugh, was hoping we'd be getting something new

DeeDe99
01-05-16, 04:25 PM
I'm going to try for a third. Will be tight, but may as well.

saghaven
01-05-16, 06:34 PM
Yeah when are they gonna end this? I've held back on evolving as I don't want to do it while just bombing for extra food and parts and then when I need more bombs for the new dragon I have none ready to evolve. It's been 6 weeks. Time for a new one.

persezabar
01-06-16, 12:20 AM
I craft the 3rd, without spending any gold.

Genko1
01-06-16, 09:05 AM
I am really happy that it is still here...because I haven`t crafted this dragon...I need 30 pieces more to do it... I don`t know how u did it...cause everytime when I evolve my dragons...I should wait 19 hours...just to receive 3 bombs... it is awful :(

hiabarara
01-06-16, 09:12 AM
I am really happy that it is still here...because I haven`t crafted this dragon...I need 30 pieces more to do it... I don`t know how u did it...cause everytime when I evolve my dragons...I should wait 19 hours...just to receive 3 bombs... it is awful :(

If your Evolution Temple is constantly busy, then it should be no problem. You should also take a look from time to time how many bombs you already have because the maximum is 25 bombs. Keep evolving, keep bombing and you should get there. I rarely use gold to speed up evolutions. Maybe you need to find a good mining strategy? I usually get ~ 3 pieces with every bomb (sometimes only 2 pieces, sometimes even 4).
When I started mining for the dragons I had a hard time as well. But with some practice you should easily get them, too :)

freshfunin2008
01-06-16, 11:00 AM
is there still no timer. I want a new dragon.

blueangel826
01-06-16, 12:10 PM
is there still no timer. I want a new dragon.
I agree! Have 2 & know if I start mining, I'll end up with pcs left in storage with all the others that can't be used.

clarity625
01-06-16, 12:32 PM
I just started crafting my second Abyss dragon. This is a first time I have actually managed to craft two mining dragons of the same type.
Good thing! I can use more onyxes to craft a Tiger's Eye dragon.

I wasn't trying for the second - I just keep evolving dragons constantly.
I have 105 dragons level 10-15 out of 435. That means 330 dragons still need to evolve (even if it is just to level 4 for trading).
Once I crafted the current mining dragon, I use enough bombs so I'll have 25 once the currently evolving dragon is done. I get some food, coins or extra crafting pieces in my storage, but what difference does it make if I have 28 or 156 extra pieces - unlike real storage, more pieces take up no more space than less.

nicsdragonisle
01-07-16, 11:21 AM
Averaging 3? Wow, I'm doing something wrong. I average slightly over 2. Just started crafting my 2nd on my 2nd island this morning, so I'm really happy about that. Any tips you can share?

If your Evolution Temple is constantly busy, then it should be no problem. You should also take a look from time to time how many bombs you already have because the maximum is 25 bombs. Keep evolving, keep bombing and you should get there. I rarely use gold to speed up evolutions. Maybe you need to find a good mining strategy? I usually get ~ 3 pieces with every bomb (sometimes only 2 pieces, sometimes even 4).
When I started mining for the dragons I had a hard time as well. But with some practice you should easily get them, too :)

kooky panda
01-07-16, 02:44 PM
Averaging 3? Wow, I'm doing something wrong. I average slightly over 2. Just started crafting my 2nd on my 2nd island this morning, so I'm really happy about that. Any tips you can share?
Check out this thread for some tips on mining.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&p=953851&viewfull=1#post953851

hiabarara
01-07-16, 05:24 PM

Check out this thread for some tips on mining.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&p=953851&viewfull=1#post953851
This is a really, really great post! I never knew this post existed, but that's exactly how I do it. Couldn't have written it better. It does sound pretty difficult to be honest, but it's an incredibly easy strategy.
nicsdragonisle, I hope the post will help you, too. If you practice a bit you'll get there, too :)

DeeDe99
01-07-16, 06:01 PM
This is a really, really great post! I never knew this post existed, but that's exactly how I do it. Couldn't have written it better. It does sound pretty difficult to be honest, but it's an incredibly easy strategy.
nicsdragonisle, I hope the post will help you, too. If you practice a bit you'll get there, too :)

I read that post ages ago and try really hard but you can guarantee I'll always need the 4.7 hits! Drives me nuts! I usually get two, sometimes 3, rarely 4 and rarely 0. So Nicsdragonisle, you are not alone!

I need to replicate the grid iPad size. That's what I need to do.

roguebee
01-07-16, 06:04 PM
DeeDee, make sure if you mine on different devices that you do a grid for each device. The grid does shift.

DeeDe99
01-07-16, 06:10 PM
Thanks Roguebee good point. I usually only mine on the iPad, although sometimes I think the S6 is easier. Of course it isn't really! No spreadsheet for mining, maybe that's my problem! ;)

roguebee
01-07-16, 09:04 PM
I learned the hard way. One would assume that it is the same grid for an iPad and an iPhone... wrong! That's why I posted those pics on the mining thread.

nicsdragonisle
01-08-16, 04:24 AM
Very helpful! As are the comments, thank you!! Answered a few of my lingering questions. And, I didn't realize iPad grid would be different -- though now that I think about it, I should have. Sometimes I wonder if a smack on the head would improve my thought processes... The one thing I tend to do - for better or worse, is tap a space directly near my prize hit before moving to the 'start' section. I've found about 25-30 % of the time, the 2nd piece is a 'near' or 'very close' to the 1st prize.
Im excited for the next mining dragon! I think I'll shoot for 2 straight away now that I know I can do it. Thanks everyone!!

hiabarara
01-08-16, 07:10 AM
Very helpful! As are the comments, thank you!! Answered a few of my lingering questions. And, I didn't realize iPad grid would be different -- though now that I think about it, I should have. Sometimes I wonder if a smack on the head would improve my thought processes... The one thing I tend to do - for better or worse, is tap a space directly near my prize hit before moving to the 'start' section. I've found about 25-30 % of the time, the 2nd piece is a 'near' or 'very close' to the 1st prize.
Im excited for the next mining dragon! I think I'll shoot for 2 straight away now that I know I can do it. Thanks everyone!!

I can absolutely confirm that. The next piece is pretty often near the old one. And I also tap there :D

nicsdragonisle
01-08-16, 11:33 AM
Countdown clock is on...4 days

hiabarara
01-08-16, 11:41 AM
It finally happened

zyfazix
01-08-16, 11:58 AM
Was about time for this one to go. 7 weeks total, 2.5 more than average. I guess this mean Festive Lights will also stay for a ridiculous time

Clark_Wayne
01-08-16, 12:13 PM
finally it is ending ! :)

DeeDe99
01-08-16, 12:45 PM
I just KNEW this would happen! LOL

I got two early on, stayed OUT of the mine so as not to accumulate pieces even though I could do with another Onyx. When it was STILL here earlier this week, I thought why not, mad late dash for a third. And I have Eternal in the evolution temple for another 36 hours and I am sitting on 90-something pieces. Can I get 110 before the 12th? This will be interesting!

Genko1
01-08-16, 01:01 PM
Finally I have got mine 1st Abyssal dragon :D :D :D .... I am so happy that it is lasting so long time :D :D Thanks that you wait for me :D :D :D I am pretty sure that it will be the same situation with the Festive Dragon...I have had 3 crafted till now...and 53 pieces in the storage...so may be I am gonna craft and the 4th...just to use them for trading :)

lindseyny
01-10-16, 01:38 PM
This is the first time I've ever been able to craft 2 of the mining dragons! Excited to trade for a large black gem, I don't have Onyx or Jade yet. I just recently crafted Tiger's Eye (chose him over Onyx, I think he's cuter).

MaribouMay
01-10-16, 03:16 PM

I find that to be true as well.

Hawk1
01-11-16, 10:17 AM
2nd Abyssal dragon is crafting now :)

Using grid for mining has made a huge difference, thank you.

Bastiaan0
01-12-16, 11:21 AM
I just KNEW this would happen! LOL

I got two early on, stayed OUT of the mine so as not to accumulate pieces even though I could do with another Onyx. When it was STILL here earlier this week, I thought why not, mad late dash for a third. And I have Eternal in the evolution temple for another 36 hours and I am sitting on 90-something pieces. Can I get 110 before the 12th? This will be interesting!

Well, did you make it? I managed to find a grand total of 649 pieces, thus crafting 3 Abyss' and trading two for that large Onyx.
Very curious what the next will be, I have 20 bombs waiting.

D_Raho
01-12-16, 11:36 AM
I ended up making three Abyss Dragons, but spent a little bit of Gold doing so. Not a waste, I suppose, considering I was able to evolve a couple of Dragons that have been waiting a long time for it.I was just too close to the third to not go for it.

amerirish
01-12-16, 12:06 PM
Hope we get something really really cool in the mine next :D

harobeda
01-12-16, 12:17 PM
How long until the next one releases? It seems like previously it was just a couple hours in between, but I don't remember for sure...

harobeda
01-12-16, 12:39 PM
Since the post says it posted at 10:35 pm, my guess is it'll be around 3 more hours? So 8:30 pm PST.

MaribouMay
01-12-16, 12:45 PM
As I recall, we usually get the new mining dragon mid to late afternoon Pacific time.

amerirish
01-12-16, 01:12 PM
Since the post says it posted at 10:35 pm, my guess is it'll be around 3 more hours? So 8:30 pm PST.

Yikes, I hope not because that's 11:30 PM EST! lol

IIRC it pops up around 5:00 PM EST

freshfunin2008
01-12-16, 01:50 PM
Finally we should see a new kid in here in about 1.5 hours give or take.

harobeda
01-12-16, 02:00 PM
Lol - I added the 3 instead of subtracting! I'm EST too - it's 5:30 for us, so that's 2:30 for them. Oops.

amerirish
01-12-16, 02:11 PM
LOL :D

I just got a pop up about a Crushed Idol (? I think) dragon in the mines but after force closing my mine area is oddly blank :confused:

DeeDe99
01-12-16, 02:19 PM
Well, did you make it? I managed to find a grand total of 649 pieces, thus crafting 3 Abyss' and trading two for that large Onyx.
Very curious what the next will be, I have 20 bombs waiting.

I should have started a couple of days earlier - I NEARLY made it, but was SO close in the end I spent 80 gold for 20 bombs - still a very cheap large Onyx! So yes, I got the third.

harobeda
01-12-16, 02:25 PM
LOL :D

I just got a pop up about a Crushed Idol (? I think) dragon in the mines but after force closing my mine area is oddly blank :confused:

Mine too!

nicsdragonisle
01-12-16, 02:38 PM
Me too...
@DeeDee-Well Done!

DeeDe99
01-12-16, 02:42 PM
Hi Nicsdragonisle - yes, if I'd known it was going to be around for so long, I'd have romped it in - but I stopped mining, waiting. Next Christmas I'll know! LOL. I notice D_Raho did the same.

mystctattoo
01-12-16, 03:06 PM
Blank mine for me as well and after crafting 2 of the Abyss while wasting many bombs waiting for it to end, could of had 3 and my Tiger's Eye or Jade, now I'm at 25 bombs on all of my islands with things due to come out!!! Did someone mess with TL's calendar?

Hawk1
01-12-16, 03:17 PM
Why did S8 bother with the pop up if they don't have the mining dragon ready? Sighhhhhh S8 stop teasing us :(

FlatFoot
01-12-16, 03:22 PM
Why did S8 bother with the pop up if they don't have the mining dragon ready? Sighhhhhh S8 stop teasing us :(

But this is going to be such a cool dragon ;]

D_Raho
01-12-16, 03:48 PM
Wow. It actually says 28 days in the mine. I hope this is a permanent feature. So we always know exactly how much time we have for mining and crafting. And the Dragon and parts both look awesome.