PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts regarding coin value and dragons

Simdiva
11-23-15, 03:43 AM
I have been reading a lot of complaints from players regarding the coin output on the dragons for the tales except for the final dragon and wanted to mention just a couple of things.

First, these dragons are essentially gifts just like in world events. None of those dragons are typically great coin producers except for on occasion, the final personal achievement at epic but even that is not like a dragon at tournament. They are certainly no fire giant for example. The best dragon I ever received at a world event for coin production was probably Lollipop. It is certainly not in the earnings range of any champion I have won, but I have never seen anyone complain about its coin production.

So why do people complain about the coin rates and having to feed the Tales dragons? I suspect they just do not want to part with that precious food and have a lot of dragons in line. Hate to say this but there is an easy solution if you are severely hard up for food. First, try to just plant crops on a more regular basis. Once you reach about level 50 doing the expensive crops all the time should be no issue. If you are at home all day you can easily produce 40000 to 50000 a day. If not, I agree the task is a bit tougher but this game is meant to be played full time as are all games. If you cannot do that, then you will need to find ways to manage your time or buy food if need be. I have bought food at times and never regretted the purchase when I wanted to raise certain dragons quickly. My first champion and lollipop are prime examples. Secondly be selective about who you feed. Again it's about choices. You cannot feed every single dragon to epic. I have tons of dragons sitting st seven. I have the strategy of taking my best fighters up and leaving the rest behind. As a rule that tends to be the tales dragons at this point plus a few select others. I focus on diamonds, mining dragons, and the occasional tournament dragon. I have nine champions and yes most are epic now but they took a long time to get there. I have four waiting in the wings now to complete and I want to take one more to fifteen as well as another diamond to fifteen. However because I am doing tales they will all have to wait another month unless I buy food. That is my choice and yes, I grow 50000 minimum every day.

Second, most of us at higher levels (over 100) have enough dragons that make good coin that we don't worry about the coin output on dragons. We have diamonds etc for that.

If you are so concerned about not having enough coin to finish an event, then perhaps it's too early in the game for you to be doing the event. I skipped the first tales for this reason as I could not keep up, no matter what I did. I got moonlight (also very poor coin output) and I was happy with that. You cannot always have the best prize even tho we may feel a bit of dissapointment. This game is about choices as someone else pointed out earlier today. When the changes were made in tournaments to allow us to have dragons up to level 15, it was an exciting announcement. However the tournaments seemingly became much tougher. Most of us that have been around believe that happened with the Frostfire or Flamerail tournament. I stopped playing in arena at that point until I got a diamond to fifteen and a champ to twelve. I resumed and worked very hard to get the champ to fifteen and the tournaments are now actually enjoyable to me. I will not say they are less difficult, but at least they are achievable. Others have managed at much lower levels and without diamonds and champs but I find them useful for some rounds. If anyone follows my results they will be aware I use champs for less than half the rounds but that is getting off topic already. I was trying to illustrate that I had made a choice to not compete for a period of time.

I hope I have made some clear points and not completely muddied the waters as I sometimes tend to when I am tired like now. Sift thru and take what's useful and toss out the rest. Perhaps you have better ideas for food and coin management for the lower levels. If so I am sure they would love to know.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 04:08 AM
Well put, Sim.

Edited Jan 8, 2016 to add:

One other point about Tales dragons I only recently noticed - most of them are actually quite cheap to feed. For example, compare Beast and and Glitter. At level 14 to get to 15, Beast is only 99,000 while Glitter is 217,500. Cursed Rose also only 99,000 while Sugar Skull is 149,000.

As for your 50,000 food production a day, all I can say is WOW! During the Beauty Tales I produced 24,500 a day and that was enough (I accumulated a bit of a bank first, not sure exactly how much, about 100,000 if I recall).

pernmagic
11-26-15, 08:22 AM
Perfectly explained Sim :)

mystctattoo
01-07-16, 07:08 PM
I have been reading a lot of complaints from players regarding the coin output on the dragons for the tales except for the final dragon and wanted to mention just a couple of things.

First, these dragons are essentially gifts just like in world events. None of those dragons are typically great coin producers except for on occasion, the final personal achievement at epic but even that is not like a dragon at tournament. They are certainly no fire giant for example. The best dragon I ever received at a world event for coin production was probably Lollipop. It is certainly not in the earnings range of any champion I have won, but I have never seen anyone complain about its coin production.

So why do people complain about the coin rates and having to feed the Tales dragons? I suspect they just do not want to part with that precious food and have a lot of dragons in line. Hate to say this but there is an easy solution if you are severely hard up for food. First, try to just plant crops on a more regular basis. Once you reach about level 50 doing the expensive crops all the time should be no issue. If you are at home all day you can easily produce 40000 to 50000 a day. If not, I agree the task is a bit tougher but this game is meant to be played full time as are all games. If you cannot do that, then you will need to find ways to manage your time or buy food if need be. I have bought food at times and never regretted the purchase when I wanted to raise certain dragons quickly. My first champion and lollipop are prime examples. Secondly be selective about who you feed. Again it's about choices. You cannot feed every single dragon to epic. I have tons of dragons sitting st seven. I have the strategy of taking my best fighters up and leaving the rest behind. As a rule that tends to be the tales dragons at this point plus a few select others. I focus on diamonds, mining dragons, and the occasional tournament dragon. I have nine champions and yes most are epic now but they took a long time to get there. I have four waiting in the wings now to complete and I want to take one more to fifteen as well as another diamond to fifteen. However because I am doing tales they will all have to wait another month unless I buy food. That is my choice and yes, I grow 50000 minimum every day.

Second, most of us at higher levels (over 100) have enough dragons that make good coin that we don't worry about the coin output on dragons. We have diamonds etc for that.

If you are so concerned about not having enough coin to finish an event, then perhaps it's too early in the game for you to be doing the event. I skipped the first tales for this reason as I could not keep up, no matter what I did. I got moonlight (also very poor coin output) and I was happy with that. You cannot always have the best prize even tho we may feel a bit of dissapointment. This game is about choices as someone else pointed out earlier today. When the changes were made in tournaments to allow us to have dragons up to level 15, it was an exciting announcement. However the tournaments seemingly became much tougher. Most of us that have been around believe that happened with the Frostfire or Flamerail tournament. I stopped playing in arena at that point until I got a diamond to fifteen and a champ to twelve. I resumed and worked very hard to get the champ to fifteen and the tournaments are now actually enjoyable to me. I will not say they are less difficult, but at least they are achievable. Others have managed at much lower levels and without diamonds and champs but I find them useful for some rounds. If anyone follows my results they will be aware I use champs for less than half the rounds but that is getting off topic already. I was trying to illustrate that I had made a choice to not compete for a period of time.

I hope I have made some clear points and not completely muddied the waters as I sometimes tend to when I am tired like now. Sift thru and take what's useful and toss out the rest. Perhaps you have better ideas for food and coin management for the lower levels. If so I am sure they would love to know.

When I first started playing this game I was playing on an Android so I didn't even know what a Tales was. Also like you said wait. I may have waited too long to do my first tournament it was Chariot and if I get too stuck like the last 2 I just bow out. Like you said it's really all about choices. I have 3 islands all over 100 and I don't worry about planting the expensive crops and I did miss out on Beauty because of a death in the family and not having anywhere near enough time to plant or harvest the food I was able to plant. I will admit there are a few that still sting like Beauty and Flametail I could not get past Jester of all things lol. I also choose to feed up my battle worthy dragons first and I will admit especially on my smallest island I still have a lot on level 3. I'm like a hoarder lol I keep them all like the 10 Lucks I have no use for. I was just going through my biggest island today doing a little clean up. They really don't help you make money anyway because the habitats can only hold so much but at almost 100mil I don't need any money anyway. This has really run long but even though I do complain because I do believe that TL is being quite greedy right now we do have that choice to participate or not and this is the first Champ I decided to stop fighting for since I did my first battle but this one doesn't sting lol

hiabarara
01-07-16, 07:56 PM
Once you reach about level 50 doing the expensive crops all the time should be no issue. If you are at home all day you can easily produce 40000 to 50000 a day. [...] That is my choice and yes, I grow 50000 minimum every day. A bit off topic, but how do you do this? Do you only plant Upgrapes? And how much time do you spend doing this? My daily food income is not bad at all, but yours is a dream!

DeeDe99
01-07-16, 08:14 PM
A bit off topic, but how do you do this? Do you only plant Upgrapes? And how much time do you spend doing this? My daily food income is not bad at all, but yours is a dream!

A quick calc tells me if you did Upgrapes every 10 minutes every hour for 12 hours on 7 farms, the production would be 50,400. I don't think, in all honesty, there are too many people who could realistically plant every 10 minutes for 12 hours. I certainly couldn't and I'm unemployed!

The most I can do is 4 runs of Diamondates and 1, MAYBE 2 runs of Rushrooms, so 24,500 or 26,600 a day. I did try doing Upgrapes once - didn't make even 1 hour, it bored me to tears!

Like you, would love to know Sim's secret!

hiabarara
01-08-16, 07:07 AM
A quick calc tells me if you did Upgrapes every 10 minutes every hour for 12 hours on 7 farms, the production would be 50,400. I don't think, in all honesty, there are too many people who could realistically plant every 10 minutes for 12 hours. I certainly couldn't and I'm unemployed!

The most I can do is 4 runs of Diamondates and 1, MAYBE 2 runs of Rushrooms, so 24,500 or 26,600 a day. I did try doing Upgrapes once - didn't make even 1 hour, it bored me to tears!

Like you, would love to know Sim's secret!

Thank you for calculating it :D I was writing that post just before I fell asleep, so no time for math :D

I tried doing Upgrapes as well, but it's annoying to click on every single farm and swipe once and click again. You only need to plant Upgrapes four times every hour and you'll already have more food than you would have if you only planted Rushrooms. But I'm so lazy :( I only ever plant Rushrooms and when I go to work/bed I'll plant Diamondates. On my days off my food income is between 20.000 and 27.000. So at least we two are on the same page :D

Simdiva
01-08-16, 11:30 AM
A bit off topic, but how do you do this? Do you only plant Upgrapes? And how much time do you spend doing this? My daily food income is not bad at all, but yours is a dream!

Yes mainly upgrapes when I can, otherwise rushrooms all the time unless I'm as,rep then it would be the dates but even when I nap I try to do rushrooms unless I think I will grout first least four hours since I can catch up with upgrades in about two hours. But I do primarily the grapes, I just pop in every ten minutes or so and it adds up very fast :D. I don't get bored as I'm usually doing something else. I guess I am just highly motivated at times lol.