PDA

View Full Version : What's the Secret?

Jnny2good
11-22-15, 10:53 PM
What's the secrete to keeping your chairs full of customers. At any given time, 6-8 of my chairs are empty. (I have 21 on the floor) I noticed after I redecorated, all of my chairs were full, but that effect only lasted a few days. Do I really need to redecorate every few days to keep customers streaming in? How many pieces need to change? I've changed one or two pieces and didn't notice an improvement.

Chaotarch
11-23-15, 03:32 AM
What's the secrete to keeping your chairs full of customers. At any given time, 6-8 of my chairs are empty. (I have 21 on the floor) I noticed after I redecorated, all of my chairs were full, but that effect only lasted a few days. Do I really need to redecorate every few days to keep customers streaming in? How many pieces need to change? I've changed one or two pieces and didn't notice an improvement.

not sure if there is any secret:confused:
i have 20 chairs and 5-10 are empty too.
not found out yet the perfect decorate for a order - sit down - serve - go with less empty chairs...:rolleyes:

Jnny2good
11-24-15, 09:16 AM
Oy, what a bad typo.

Chaotarch
11-24-15, 09:53 PM
Oy, what a bad typo.

ok, you are right. very bad typo, sry. but i am sure you know what i mean...
lol, btw with all that socialmedia-migration-internetslang-melange today, typo is dead.:rolleyes:

back to topic:
you or someone else have the perfect layout now? ( where to place the door, chairs, appliance, etc )
pls post a pic.

ellyse99
11-25-15, 02:01 AM
Chairs are always full at lower levels but not when you're at max, I notice.

dollydaydreams1
11-25-15, 04:07 PM
I'm on level 37 and expansion 8. I noticed that when my host point was closer to the door I would have several empty seats (maybe one or two spaces away). I played around with the distance until I was fully seated. Also, I block my serving counters with tables/host point on one side and stoves/kitchen equipment on the other, to stop the waiters from holding things up. And the bonus of having no waiters is that food appears instantly at a table when someone sits down.
Sorry if this is old info, I've only been playing for 2 months so still fairly new to this game :)

kenvindeptrai
11-25-15, 04:54 PM
Set up table near the door, block the counters, block also the greeter(customers find seat by theirself, dont need to go to the greeter).
Before this time, I didnt block the greeter :30 mins , I got 3000
Now every 30min: 4500.( depends on your food with spice or not)
This ways doesn't fill all of your table but increase your revenue🤗🤗

Jnny2good
01-31-16, 06:14 PM
Hi, been a while since I visited the forums. I played around with a bunch of different configurations and observed the behavior of the customers, host and servers. When I blocked the host, i kept getting a stuttering game and a bunch of resets. Not good. Similar when I blocked all the counters. While making my observations, I realized I asked the wrong question; it's not "how can maximize customers at tables," it's "how can I get my customers in and fed as fast as possible. S8 actually gives you a measurement tool for that. If your customer gets a smiley face over his head when he gets up from the table, then you did good on service speed. So your goal should be for every customer to get the smiley face.

Here's some of what I found out.

If customers cross paths coming and leaving, the incoming customer gets delayed getting to his seat. Servers will also be delayed by crossing paths with other servers or customers.
Servers attach themselves to a particular set of counters and will return to them to get more food, no matter if there are other counters that are closer.
If there are more servers than exposed counters, servers will stack up at a counter and wait to get food.
If a crowd forms at the hostess station, incoming customers can be delayed by the customers in line.
Walking distance for customers and servers impacts serving speed.

So my first solution was to make a bullpen of the servers and put them inside a circle of tables, so their paths never crossed and the servers would only make short trips. I put only enough counters inside the bullpen for the number of servers I had. I also moved the hostess station right next to the door, so there could never be a queue of people waiting in line. RS handles the path conflict between the customer at the hostess station and the exiting customer well, so there is never a delay. I also made the walkways two tiles wide and gave the customers multiple paths to get to their tables to cut down on conflicts. I moved the tables closer to the door to cut down on walking time.

More improvements later in my next post. Here is a screen shot of my bullpen configuration:

yummy_bistro
01-31-16, 07:04 PM
interesting threads, I am hving exact same problem

the customers are delayed as waiters trying to serve food

sometimes they drop food to empty table lol

catfoodie
01-31-16, 07:10 PM
Does it actually influencing income or anything like that? Just wondering :>
I never pay attention to my customers, I know my food being sold out over the night so during the day I just cook bunch of stuff to be sold out at night lol.
So I'm just interested what's the point of specific layout in this game

Chaotarch
02-01-16, 05:51 AM
ok, played around too:rolleyes: and use alientechnologie to serve and cook ( without a greeter doesnt work for me )...
almost happy with my new restaurant.
the numbers mean the order the customers sitdown. i never saw more then 15.
customers from the rightside ( red circle ) dont cross others while they get out or sit down.
occusionally crowds go out from the leftside and greeter, but okay.
all customers get out with a smile.

juliedelaney
02-01-16, 09:58 AM
I notice if I try to block the counters (with tables) my food won't be served at all and my customers will just sit there. Can someone post a pic as to what they are talking about and also where the host is?? Thanks!!

dollydaydreams1
02-01-16, 11:07 AM
I notice if I try to block the counters (with tables) my food won't be served at all and my customers will just sit there. Can someone post a pic as to what they are talking about and also where the host is?? Thanks!!

You have to make sure your counters are blocked on every side because if waiters are 'stuck' in your kitchen area then food won't appear on the tables.
The host is the man with the desk/stand in front of him. If you block him on all sides too then your customers will just sit themselves.