PDA

View Full Version : Selling buildings but still can't build more

Seriously700
11-20-15, 06:22 AM
Last week I apparently hit my limit on town buildings and had to sell a farmhouse to make room for another market.

This week, I wanted to build yet another market. Of course, I got the meaningless "level up" message even though I'm level 50. I sold another farmhouse, but still got the message that I need to level up. So I sold another farmhouse, and I'm still not able to build my 6th market.

So how many farmhouses do I have to sell to be able to build another market? Is 3 the magic number? Maybe 4? How does that math work? Is this a glitch? I've seen others writing about this in recent events, having to sell multiple buildings to make room for 1 new one. It doesn't make sense.

It's typically stated that you can have a total of 43 town buildings, but either a normal count of buildings does not determine the limit or there is a glitch in the programming. Please advise.

Additionally, S8, can you change the "level up" message to accurately reflect that in these circumstances, you can't buy an extra building because you've hit the game limit on that type of building.

vihgjh
11-20-15, 07:27 AM
Last week I apparently hit my limit on town buildings and had to sell a farmhouse to make room for another market.

This week, I wanted to build yet another market. Of course, I got the meaningless "level up" message even though I'm level 50. I sold another farmhouse, but still got the message that I need to level up. So I sold another farmhouse, and I'm still not able to build my 6th market.

So how many farmhouses do I have to sell to be able to build another market? Is 3 the magic number? Maybe 4? How does that math work? Is this a glitch? I've seen others writing about this in recent events, having to sell multiple buildings to make room for 1 new one. It doesn't make sense.

It's typically stated that you can have a total of 43 town buildings, but either a normal count of buildings does not determine the limit or there is a glitch in the programming. Please advise.

Additionally, S8, can you change the "level up" message to accurately reflect that in these circumstances, you can't buy an extra building because you've hit the game limit on that type of building.

I sold 2 cottages and I was allowed to buy additional markets and now I'm up to 6 markets, try that.

Beeville99
11-20-15, 09:16 AM
I'm also level 50.
I sold four or five cottages (sorry, can't remember which), then sold four farmhouses, and I still couldn't buy a fifth Marketplace.
It's too late to help me on the current timed goal, but I'd like some clarification for future goals and events.

Seriously700
11-20-15, 10:26 AM
I'm also level 50.
I sold four or five cottages (sorry, can't remember which), then sold four farmhouses, and I still couldn't buy a fifth Marketplace.
It's too late to help me on the current timed goal, but I'd like some clarification for future goals and events.

Wow, that's crazy! I really hope someone from S8 can give us an explanation for this. It just doesn't make any sense.

SpiritWind00
11-20-15, 04:09 PM
Because of the building requirements, it's not a replace 1 for 1 arrangement. I had to sell a couple to repurchase. From memory, we went through all of this a few events back (with cottages). It would be helpful if the caps were raised though across all building types.

Beeville99
11-20-15, 10:09 PM
Because of the building requirements, it's not a replace 1 for 1 arrangement. I had to sell a couple to repurchase. From memory, we went through all of this a few events back (with cottages). It would be helpful if the caps were raised though across all building types.

I don't mind if the caps stay the same. I just want some hint as to the formula. How many cottages and farm houses equal a marketplace, etc.

Seriously700
11-21-15, 06:06 AM
I don't mind if the caps stay the same. I just want some hint as to the formula. How many cottages and farm houses equal a marketplace, etc.

Me too.

I thought we were allowed a certain total number of town buildings. I recall 43 but I'm not sure. But clearly it's more complicated than a specific number. Last week I was able to get a new market by selling 1 farmhouse. This week I sold 2 farmhouses, nothing. Then sold a cottage and that worked. Of course, I have no idea if I could have gotten away with keeping my farmhouses and just selling the cottage. And that's nothing compared to beeville having to sell 8 or 9 buildings!