PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Maps Requesting/Receiving

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 09:16 PM
Results of Tests:

For those who don't want to read through the whole series of posts, the results of testing the Map Requesting/Receiving process are:

Maps are received on the day of the request (Day 1) and the day after (Day 2)
No Maps are received on Day 3 (this is not to say they NEVER are, but certainly not dependable)
Maps are received, if they have been requested prior, while Expansions are in progress
The messages list in the news feed holds 10 each of two different message types

Questions as yet unanswered (need further testing) are:

Is the "day" reset to reset OR 24 hours from Request OR a rolling 24 hours?
Are all requests that are answered by neighbours ever delivered?

Based on this round of, admittedly elementary, testing and excluding the Arctic Isles factor or Cartographer, Map Quests, prizes or value pack items, for players facing 48 hour expansions and needing 60 maps per expansion, I tentatively recommend the following pattern:

Assume zero maps on hand at start of this pattern
Day 1 Reset time + 1 minute: send out request
Day 1 you will receive 20 maps, probably within the first 2 hours
Day 2 you will receive 20 maps, spread over perhaps 8 hours
Day 3 Reset time + 1 minute: Send out Request
Day 3 you will receive 20 maps - after about two hours you will have enough to start the expansion - I suggest WAIT
Day 4 you will receive 20 maps -
Day 5 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out request STOP PRESS: The request button disappears after 60 maps on hand, so need to rethink this! See latest info from Roguebee and Jagarjag.
Day 5 after sending out request, start expansion - this takes 2 days, during which time you cannot request more maps. Your balance of maps will be 20 after the expansion is started
Day 5 you will receive 20 maps
Day 6 You will receive 20 maps - you are back up to 60 maps and your expansion will complete on this day
Day 7 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out Request
Day 7 After sending out request, start the second expansion - you map balance is now zero
Day 7 you will receive 20 maps
Day 8 you will receive 20 maps
Day 9 Repeat Day 5 and so on

I say tentatively because I haven't done a full test run of this pattern yet, but as a proposal it fits the test results. Consider it yet to be proven.

Original First Post:

Does anyone know exactly how the routine works?

I know that we can receive 20 maps "per day" (or is it actually 21?) but is this per 24 hour cycle or 24 hours from reset time to reset time?

Is there a limit on how many map requests a player can respond to a day?

Do the requests expire after 48 hours and if so, when does that 48 hours start? Reset time or the time of the request?

The reason I ask is I respond to every map request I get from my neighbours, but I only sometimes seem to get the full 20 maps in the 24 hours after a request and I wonder if this has to do with the time I send the request - i.e. maybe by the time I send my request, being in a different time zone than many of my neighbours, they have already responded to 20 map requests and don't actually receive any more requests that day to respond to.

I sent out a request about 5 hours ago. I have received 10 maps, according to my news feed. Prior to that, I had not received a map for over two days, according to my News Feed. I had specifically delayed, trying to see if I could work out how the system works.

At other times, I have received 20 maps in the space of 30 minutes, when I used to send requests just after the reset time. However, I never receive maps on day 3 after a request, so to get 60 maps for one expansion I have to send out two requests timed more than two days apart.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something?

blackeneddove
11-19-15, 09:54 PM
Hmm... I feel ya. Idk - it is a bit confusing at times on how it works exactly. But whatever you're doing, I'm doing it the same way. It takes me about 4 days (estimate - sometimes longer because I forget to request them or just don't feel like clicking all those boxes...) just to get enough maps and clear one space of land. ����

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 10:22 PM
Glad it isn't just me, BlackenedDove. Was starting to think I was going daft!

PepperWoo
11-19-15, 10:25 PM
You could get 21 maps per day (reset to reset) if you ask Stormie only after 20 requests have been filled because if Stormie beats your neighbors and accepts your request before you've got 20, you won't get that extra piece since it will count towards the daily limit.

The requests expire after 7 days and I don't think there is a limit on how many requests a player can accept in a day, but one reason why less people accept leftover requests from the day/days before might be because they don't show up in the news feed at all times. There are instances where I would accept all my neighbor's requests at one go but then more would show up later after I've gifted gold to my exchange buddies and these are usually the ones that are days old.

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 10:35 PM
PepperWoo, I get new requests to respond to every time I log into the game. During a tournament that could be 10 times in one day (I always close the game after I've finished a session). I've never counted how many requests I Receive a day, but I will do so from reset time tonight.

Interesting pointbre Stormie, thanks for the tip!

I don't understand why people would not accept old requests. What would be the reason?

PepperWoo
11-19-15, 10:58 PM
It's not that people wouldn't accept old requests, but maybe the one who requested it already hit the daily limit so fast that his/her other neighbors weren't able to accept them on the same day. The unaccepted requests will then be carried out to those neighbors next reset but like I said above, it doesn't always show up at least in my experience. Weird stuff this request thing. xD

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 11:12 PM
VERY weird!

lady_saphira
11-20-15, 05:06 AM
Just to add, I sent a request just last night to all my neighbors after not sending any requests for about 4-6 days (been too busy in my real life, lol) and was told not all my friends received requests because I had already sent them a request. But I've been sitting at 28 maps for several days now.

roguebee
11-20-15, 08:08 AM
No maps arrive while waiting for expansion to complete. Requests don't seem to sit in a queue. Otherwise, I would probably have 20-30 maps when my expansion is completed and I've waited a day to ask neighbors again.

konstantine820
11-20-15, 08:51 AM
No maps arrive while waiting for expansion to complete. Requests don't seem to sit in a queue. Otherwise, I would probably have 20-30 maps when my expansion is completed and I've waited a day to ask neighbors again.

If you haven't completely expanded your Arctic Isles, you can make requests while you have an expansion on the main island going, but I finished that long while ago..but I was doing that way back when

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 04:27 PM
I received a rush of maps just after the reset time last night. As per my first post, I'd sent the request out early in my morning, so probably around the half-way mark of the DS "day".

I was going to count how many requests I received from other players, but real life intervened and I got sidetracked - will try to do that today.

I'm pretty sure I got 20, looking at my maps on hand tally, but the interesting thing will be to see how many I get today.

I am pretty sure most of my neighbours respond to requests every day (there are one or two that I think have stopped playing, judging by their islands) which means I should (??) get another 20 after the reset tonight, based on the documentation - well, what little there is available.

Konstantine820 - yes, Simdiva made the same suggestion re the Artic Isles - I just want to get one island sorted! LOL

Roguebee - are you sure about that? In the past I have sent out a request just before expanding, when I've needed maybe 6 or 7, got the 6 or 7 and started expanding and certainly received more maps from that request while the expansion was in progress. Can't ask for any, of course. Something else for me to pay careful attention to.

roguebee
11-20-15, 09:07 PM
I'm fairly sure about that. However, I'll pay closer attention over the next week and report back my observations.

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 02:46 AM
Investigations continue.

After reset time I received no further maps. I waited 1 hour and 40 minutes, then sent out a new request a few minutes ago at 8:39 pm my time. Reset is 7 pm my time. Unfortunately I won't know if maps I receive now are from yesterday's request or today's, so not an ideal test, but I want to expand! Not waiting another 24 hours!!

If any of my neighbours read this, can you let me know when/if you get a request from me? I'll compare that with when I receive it from you.

My island name is Athena Realm.

I have been receiving requests all day, so it isn't a once a day thing.

Edit : received 5 maps within 10 minutes, so I think it was this request, not yesterday's. Timing too close to be mere co-incidence.

devlinholics
11-21-15, 05:34 AM
20maps a day within reset timing... This again depends on yr Neighbours... I restrict myself to 40neighbours... That is really all you ever need... 40 Neighbours there are already 3daily gold giving Neighbours...

Day 1
Request 20maps from yr active Neighbours FIRST... Once sent, request again or sent all to the remaining 20 Neighbours, 21-40 Neighbours will only receive the maps on the next reset day...

We cannot request maps once we expand which is very good I tell you why later... Expand should take 24hrs

Day2
Yr 21 to 40 Neighbours start to receive yr maps request from day1... My advice is wait or just expand if u did 24hrs wait... This day is very important request to yr NEIGHBOURS maps who sent you from news feed from within 24 hours or Neighbours who request maps since they are logging on... If you have 40 Neighbours like me means today ALL your Neighbours did recieve the request...

Remember if Neighbour number 18 never sent you maps because he or she is busy you sent a request means you have OVERRIDE yesterday request n lose 1map

Day3
This day onwards you should always have 40 maps if your Neighbours are logging in Everyday, n you are doing what I mention from day1

The danger comes in place when you start to have more than 40+ Neighbours as maps will start to spill over n it is really hard to keep track on new feed...

ndtrance
11-21-15, 06:50 AM
20maps a day within reset timing... This again depends on yr Neighbours... I restrict myself to 40neighbours... That is really all you ever need... 40 Neighbours there are already 3daily gold giving Neighbours...

Day 1
Request 20maps from yr active Neighbours FIRST... Once sent, request again or sent all to the remaining 20 Neighbours, 21-40 Neighbours will only receive the maps on the next reset day...

We cannot request maps once we expand which is very good I tell you why later... Expand should take 24hrs

Day2
Yr 21 to 40 Neighbours start to receive yr maps request from day1... My advice is wait or just expand if u did 24hrs wait... This day is very important request to yr NEIGHBOURS maps who sent you from news feed from within 24 hours or Neighbours who request maps since they are logging on... If you have 40 Neighbours like me means today ALL your Neighbours did recieve the request...

Remember if Neighbour number 18 never sent you maps because he or she is busy you sent a request means you have OVERRIDE yesterday request n lose 1map

Day3
This day onwards you should always have 40 maps if your Neighbours are logging in Everyday, n you are doing what I mention from day1

The danger comes in place when you start to have more than 40+ Neighbours as maps will start to spill over n it is really hard to keep track on new feed...

I have a somewhat similar system though I have way more neighbors and take more risks lol. Whenever I finish expanding I have anywhere between 30-50 maps on hand already because requests are sent even while you're expanding. It doesn't take more than a day or two for me to get enough maps to expand.

I don't know why people aren't getting map requests while they're expanding. I have other accounts that I send requests to and I can say for a fact that while I'm expanding on this one, I'm answering requests from my low level account.

devlinholics
11-21-15, 07:25 AM
I have a somewhat similar system though I have way more neighbors and take more risks lol. Whenever I finish expanding I have anywhere between 30-50 maps on hand already because requests are sent even while you're expanding. It doesn't take more than a day or two for me to get enough maps to expand.

I don't know why people aren't getting map requests while they're expanding. I have other accounts that I send requests to and I can say for a fact that while I'm expanding on this one, I'm answering requests from my low level account.

I forgot it works with crazy amount of Neighbours too but if time permits you can do this method... Everything remains as I mention from above but...

Day 1
After requesting 40 ACTIVE Neighbours sent request to 41~ 100 Neighbours remember this 41 to 60 Neighbours will recieve yr request day 3, 61-80 day 4, 81-100 day 5.

Day 2
Since 41~60 will never answer yr request so you can still sent request relying on news feed or Neighbours request...

Day 3
Your 41~60 WILL answer yr request so just beware sending request from here a list is needed, you need to section active Neighbours from not so active.. Remember the rule u lose 1 map if your Neighbour do not answer yr request n u resent again.

Day 4
Your 61~80 will answer yr request making a big mess on yr system so you have to make a list.

Of cause if all 100 are active Neighbours you are safe.... You can always send 20, 20, 20 , 20 20 daily from day 1 Everyday so you do not override the maps.... But sadly I do not have the time or find it too tedious to do all this

Edit: many Neighbours of mine mention this too no maps sent to them, because day 1 they sent request ALL, doing this will override random Neighbours meaning inactive Neighbours gt request day1 while active Neighbours recieve day3 than day2 request ALL, now active Neighbours instead of day2 gifting you will recieve day4

Of coz you recieve no maps so either u request 20 first than 20 when u have 40 Neighbours cap or make a list when you have a lot of Neighbours

zyfazix
11-21-15, 08:30 AM
After expanding finishes I usually have 34 maps waiting to be used for the next expansion. Currently on 132 neighbours but 50 of them haven't levelled up in a few weeks so I'm throwing those out with a few others who don't seem very active. Just to bring the number of neighbours down to a reasonable 60-something.

Normally I request maps every day until I have enough to expand. I'm not going to bother with any strategies for this since I'm not in a rush to unlock land. If I'm suddenly short on space I can remove some decor to open up room for 20 habitats

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 03:38 PM
Devlinholics, I am not sure I understand, but I think you are saying that if we send requests to 60 neighbours on Day 1, only 20 will receive those requests that day and the next 20 on day 2 and the next on day 3. Also an expansion now takes 48 hours and needs 60 maps at my level.

I'm kinda with zyfazix on this - I'm not going to implement any system to track maps, but I do want to understand how the system is supposed to work - and I am hearing some variation already on this thread.

I'm going to put my progress report in a separate post.

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 04:06 PM
As reported last night (well it was MY last night, you, dear reader, may have been having your morning coffee) I waited for 1 hour and 40 minutes after the daily reset before I sent a new map request. I received no maps between the daily reset and sending my request. My news feed was telling me I had not received a map for 2 days, but I don't think that is correct. I even changed the time zone on my device to Los Angeles to see if that made a difference to what the news feed was telling me, but it didn't.

At the point in time I sent the request I had 35 maps on hand, needing 60 for the desired expansion.

At 8:39 I sent out the request (excluding Stormie), within 10 minutes I'd received 5 maps. I also deliberately reset Cartographer so I would NOT get a map.

By 9:59 I had 56 maps, meaning I had received 21 maps. What is interesting is my News Feed only reported 10 maps received.

Just after 10:00 I sent a map request to Stormie.

I waited a bit, but when there was no change to my map count, I started an expansion, paying gold for the remaining 4 maps. I did this deliberately as doing so cleared my map balance to zero making testing a little cleaner.

After that I received two more notifications in my news feed that neighbours had sent maps, one from Stormie.

Interestingly, a neighbour who said she sent a map, I have NOT received a notification from at all yet - is she one of the missing 10 notifications? I don't think so as we were chatting after I had started the expansion so I think she is a pending one.

The news feed holds 20 messages of two types: the "A friend responded to your request" messages and the "Someone visited your dragons" message.

Based on my receiving 20 maps but only 10 messages, it would seem the news feed can hold only 10 messages of each type. Perhaps I did get 20 messages, but they overwrote each other too quickly for me to see all 20 (the maps did come in all in a rush and I wasn't expecting to have to catch them before they were overwritten by new messages).

My plan at this point is to speed up the expansion just before reset time today. This will allow me to determine the following:

Did I receive maps while expanding? NDtrance and I say yes, others say no.

Will I receive more maps from the previous day's request? I am confident the answer to that is yes, I will, it is Day 3 I am more interested in. So I will have to wait another 24 hours before sending another request.

devlinholics
11-21-15, 05:00 PM
U
Devlinholics, I am not sure I understand, but I think you are saying that if we send requests to 60 neighbours on Day 1, only 20 will receive those requests that day and the next 20 on day 2 and the next on day 3. Also an expansion now takes 48 hours and needs 60 maps at my level.

I'm kinda with zyfazix on this - I'm not going to implement any system to track maps, but I do want to understand how the system is supposed to work - and I am hearing some variation already on this thread.

I'm going to put my progress report in a separate post.

Ok imagine player a, b n c are all yr daily Neighbours...

Day1 you request ALL... This puts random in the requesting n yes only 20 maps on reset time. 60 Neighbours so player a & b is on day 2 while player c is day 3...

Day2 at the START of reset u request ALL again... Instead of player a & b should sent yr request today it is over written to tomorrow day 3 n player c now overrides to day 4

Day3 at the start u request all again n so on... The rule I mention if players do not sent u maps n u request it u lose maps...

So instead of request ALL....... request 20 Neighbours who are active so we all recieve day1 than 20 Neighbours for day2 n yr semi active day 3...
Day 2
request TO ONLY from your new feed within 24 hours, or players who request maps from you (if they are yr 1~40 Neighbours) n of coz active. I cap myself 40 Neighbours so I dun have to worry about list only in actives...

Btw DD99 I have not seen yr request in days, try request me today at reset timing in your first 20

Edit: i recieve maps at expanding

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 05:16 PM
U

Btw DD99 I have not seen yr request in days, try request me today at reset timing in your first 20

I won't be requesting maps this reset - that is part of my test plan - however you were in my request I sent so let's see if you see my request after the next reset. Would be good to know!

As for your Days 3 and 4 and so on - that is my whole point really - I NEVER receive maps after the second day, despite sending requests to all 177 neighbours. The most I ever get from one request is 40 maps. This testing will confirm or not.

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 03:12 AM
Following on from my previous detail, I did as planned and sped up the expansion just before the reset time. I checked how many maps I had at that point: two - the two received just after I had started the expansion, one from a neighbour and the second from Stormie. That had taken me to receiving a total of 23 maps.

After the daily reset I received no more maps until 24 hours after I'd sent the request. It would seem the 24 hours is based on the time the request is sent, not the daily reset 24 hours. However I can't guarantee that, as the time between the daily reset and my sending the original request yesterday was just over 1.5 hours - not a long time. There could be a routine set to run to "catch up" the overflow maps for all I know.

I have also collected 1 map from Cartographer and I now have a map count of 5, so that all tallies, 2 from after the expansion was triggered, 1 from Cartographer and 2 from the "new" 24 hours.

I have not yet seen a notification from the neighbour I mentioned yesterday, but will keep my eye on the messages. The difficulty with that is now is bedtime (almost) and it is clear now the news feed stores 10 of each type of the two different messages, so if I do receive another 18 maps while I am asleep, I won't see the names of the first 8.

I watched the news feed behaviour today and 10 map messages from yesterday stayed, while the visit messages updated with the latest 10 as new visitors arrived.

Once I got the two maps just now, the two oldest map messages dropped off the list (EnchantedG, you were the first one to drop off! :D)

I have seen it written somewhere that the second day the maps arrive in drips and drabs, so I'll check in the morning when I get up and see what my balance is then.

In summary it seems:

Yes, we receive maps while an expansion is in progress
The "day" is 24 hours from the time the request is sent
The messages in the news feed are 10 of each, managed separately

I'd like to test that again with a greater number of hours between the daily reset and the sending of the request, as I don't feel 1.5 hours was a sufficient difference as noted above, but I really want to wait to see if there are any maps at all that arrive on day 3.

On a slightly unrelated note - the expansion cost 400,000 then 800,000 to clear the land - the mining expansion at 1 million would have been cheaper! And no maps required!

pernmagic
11-22-15, 03:42 AM
Dee..... I haven't received any map request s from you for about 4 days if that helps your info gathering ...... I check every time I access the game during the day

Also in regards to your last sentence about the land mine I've found the last 2/3 days I'm not getting food only coins, don't know if that's just me or not which is pain as I depend on this mine for extra food just wondering if the game strategy has been changed by TL but will keep a close eye on just what I receive with the pieces ..... I only use the land mine once at a time as I am careful not to close the mine on the last piece I've 340 odd pieces stored now

Edit ..... Just used the land mine and received 1100 of food so scrap the above paragraph ..... I know it's random so must have had a few days of no allocation and now have some :) life !

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 04:12 AM
Hi Pernmagic, you are the second person who says they've not received a request from me, yet I included all neighbours.

Thanks for that information, it is helpful. Another neighbour responded to the request, but have not seen a message yet. They seem to be arriving 2 per hour today, which is interesting.

Re the mining, I had a couple of days with little food too, but it was good today.

Dragosle
11-22-15, 04:22 AM
Well, I actually doesn't much about how many maps I receive a day. If I don't have enough then I'll just keep asking my neighbor.

Onto the topic, the routine of request-to-send-an-item (that's include the map) of the day start at reset time and end exactly 24 hours after that. That's mean you can to ask any (or all) of your neighbor for map once a day per neighbor.

But since the neighbor can choose to except your request anytime they wish, if they fail to response to your request on that day, it will continue show up on the following days. And since each player can only response to 1 request from 1 neighbor a day, if you send them new request on the next day with the older request haven't been answered, the newer request will usually take priority (I say this because I have seen some requests from my neighbors that shown it was from about 4 or 5 days ago, although I always accepting them when I see they popped up and I always checking my game multiple times a day). Older request will still show up after all of the newer request had been answered, if they haven't expired.

Also maybe if you've already hit the daily limit, then the neighbor who got the map-request and haven't answered it will have the request preserver to later day, aka it's not showing up for them on that day.

The expiration time of a request I believe is 7 days, same as receiving gift and inviting new neighbor.

Note: From my experiences, the notice systems of the game isn't correctly show all that how many and which neighbor answering your request of the day.

jagarjag
11-22-15, 04:32 AM
I have a theory: not 100 % sure about it. I used to play rs, bs and fs before and the reqs there always worked like this: Ur requests r place/item specific. I can't explain it without example. Say you have 50 maps in hand and need 60 for the expansion. When u want to send out requests u have to click on a specific land area. Say you have x, y and z as possible expansion plot. You send ur requests to all ur nbrs from x. Now u needed only 10 maps for the expansion. If u expand x as soon as u have recieved those 10 maps, then the rest of the maps goes lost. Ur nbrs will still be getting ur requests but the maps will not come to ur storage..they just goes up in air...but if u sent reqs from X but after getting the missing 10 maps expand Y or Z, then ur maps will be gathering in ur storage.

I always do so:send req from a plot but expand another. Don't know if i could explain myself...but ya...that's my believe that if TL maintains the same gameplay routines: then request items r plot/item specific.

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 04:13 PM
Hi Dragolse and Jagarjag

I don't think the requests are plot specific in DS - I just request from wherever and often change my mind at the last minute before expanding. I've never noticed any difference, but perhaps that is because I am being very non-specific when I request/expand. I'll pay more attention in future. :)

Dragolse I'm not sure your description is exactly the way DS works, please see my next testing update for slight variations we have detected.

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 04:27 PM
Following on from Test Results: Day 2 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86606-Mystic-Maps-Requesting-Receiving&p=1210012&viewfull=1#post1210012) now, midway between daily resets, I have 23 maps on hand, which is correct according to the results so far and confirms I received 20 maps on Day 2 of the life of the initial request.

I still have not seen a message from the neighbor who responded to the request on Day 1, but it could have been overwritten by others as I slept.

Another neighbor has confirmed she received my request on Day 2, as a 22 hour old request, about 1 hour AFTER the daily reset. She took particular note because of this testing. The 22 hours is about right given they don't work in half-hour time blocks.

What this means is she did not get the request until Day 2. Somehow the system is delaying sending requests. Note that Pernmagic, above, states she hasn't seen a request from me in days. Is PernMagic being reserved by the system for Day 3, I wonder?

What I can't work out is how the system decides which requests to delay.

I hit the Request button - at that point I have received NO maps although I have a limit of 20 I can receive. So, does the system send out the first 20 and then wait to see if all are responded to? If Yes, don't send any more, if No, send out another batch?

I noticed on Day 2 I would get two, then an hour later another two. Clearly there would be timing differences as I have neighbours all over the world, they wake and sleep and play at different times.

So I got 20 maps on Day 2. Now to keep sitting on my hands for Day 3! It is Day 3 I am really interested in, because I always got maps on Day 2, it was after that I felt I wasn't getting anything.

Dragosle, I am not sure I can wait a whole 7 days to see if I get 177 maps from the initial request! Let's see how we go at today's reset - or 1.5 hours after the reset.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 04:13 AM
Well into Day 3 now and not a map in sight. Will see if any received when I wake up, but so far it seems maps only on Day of Request and the day after, well, with any reliability, anyway. It could be a rolling 24 hours - we shall see.

Will update/edit this in the morning when I have (any) more information.

Edit: Have summarised the results back at the start of the thread to save new readers wading through all the posts if they don't want to. I have also included a pattern of requesting/expanding, based on the findings.

For those following along, please click back to Page 1 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86606-Mystic-Maps-Requesting-Receiving&p=1208769&viewfull=1#post1208769).

No maps were received on Day 3 up to 12 hours into the new DS day. At that point I sent out a new request, as I have expansions to do, you know! I need maps!

Hope it may have all helped someone.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:09 PM
I have updated the first post as well to save people reading all the posts if they do not feel inclined. This is for those who, like me, automatically go to the last page of anything they are following.

The results of testing the Map Requesting/Receiving process are given below:

Maps are received on the day of the request (Day 1) and the day after (Day 2)
No Maps are received on Day 3 (this is not to say they NEVER are, but certainly not dependable)
Maps are received, if they have been requested prior, while Expansions are in progress
The messages list in the news feed holds 10 each of two different message types

Questions as yet unanswered (need further testing) are:

Is the "day" reset to reset OR 24 hours from Request OR a rolling 24 hours?
Are all requests that are answered by neighbours ever delivered?

Based on this round of, admittedly elementary, testing and excluding the Arctic Isles factor or Cartographer, Map Quests, prizes or value pack items, for players facing 48 hour expansions and needing 60 maps per expansion, I tentatively recommend the following pattern:

Assume zero maps on hand at start of this pattern
Day 1 Reset time + 1 minute: send out request
Day 1 you will receive 20 maps, probably within the first 2 hours
Day 2 you will receive 20 maps, spread over perhaps 8 hours
Day 3 Reset time + 1 minute: Send out Request
Day 3 you will receive 20 maps - after about two hours you will have enough to start the expansion - I suggest WAIT
Day 4 you will receive 20 maps -
Day 5 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out request STOP PRESS: The request button disappears after 60 maps on hand, so need to rethink this! See latest info from Roguebee and Jagarjag.
Day 5 after sending out request, start expansion - this takes 2 days, during which time you cannot request more maps. Your balance of maps will be 20 after the expansion is started
Day 5 you will receive 20 maps
Day 6 You will receive 20 maps - you are back up to 60 maps and your expansion will complete on this day
Day 7 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out Request
Day 7 After sending out request, start the second expansion - you map balance is now zero
Day 7 you will receive 20 maps
Day 8 you will receive 20 maps
Day 9 Repeat Day 5 and so on

I say tentatively because I haven't done a full test run of this pattern yet, but as a proposal it fits the test results. Consider it yet to be proven.

roguebee
11-23-15, 03:32 PM
DeeDee, I have one small problem with your test pattern... After I collect 60 or more mystic maps, the option to request more maps is gone and all I can do is expand. At least that's how it works for me.

jagarjag
11-23-15, 03:44 PM
DeeDee, you do have one small problem in your test pattern... After you collect 60 or more mystic maps, the option to request more maps is gone and all you can do is expand. At least that's how my copy works.

Ditto above. But great work nonetheless. It seems though there r more questions than answers. Not taking away any credit from you Dee, i realise this is as far as we will ever get. I wish any mod or TL- tech would answer these...but i don't see that happening..

roguebee
11-23-15, 03:48 PM
I didn't realize while editing a post, the original is still online. Learn something new every day.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:49 PM
DeeDee, I have one small problem with your test pattern... After I collect 60 or more mystic maps, the option to request more maps is gone and all I can do is expand. At least that's how it works for me.

Thanks Roguebee! Great information! I never got to 66 maps, I'm always desperate for 60!

Will have think how we can work around that. What about the levels before this when you needed 64 maps? Do you remember? I'm sure we could request those last 4 back then.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:51 PM
Ditto above. But great work nonetheless. It seems though there r more questions than answers. Not taking any credit from you Dee, i realise this is as far as we will ever get. I wish any mod or TL- tech would answer these...but i don't see that happening..

Thank you Jagarjag. It is hard to work stuff out when there is little documentation to go on and each step is new territory, plus I can only slow down my own expansions so much.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:57 PM
I have edited both patterns to reflect your findings, Roguebee and Jagarjag. Trying to find the best way to minimise wait time between expansions.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 04:21 PM
I sent out a request this morning about 12 hours into the DS day (was the Day 3, was receiving no maps). I now have 44 maps, so will see how long it takes after reset this evening to get the Day 2 map delivery of this request. This may give us a solution. I hope.

belbar22
11-23-15, 04:39 PM
I go to the ice isles and request from there and always get 60 over 3 days so along with cartographers maps I can expand as soon as my previous one is done. I sometimes request twice if map count is under 32.

anaghasaki
11-24-15, 07:57 AM
I don't know why but I always receive 20 maps only after I request them that very day.. not second or third day.. though I request from all of my 100 neighbours every day.. but I think jagarjag is right about the place of request.. I think once or twice I have experienced that but didn't notice it until now.. I usually request and expand the same plot.. but once or twice I have changed my mind at the last minute..

jagarjag
11-24-15, 09:38 AM
I go to the ice isles and request from there and always get 60 over 3 days so along with cartographers maps I can expand as soon as my previous one is done. I sometimes request twice if map count is under 32.

This rather confirms my theory that reqs. are place-specific. Belbar is requesting from arctic isles and expanding in the main land. And as long as you do have a change of mind: there is no problem. As long as you wait with the expansion till you get back all your daily quota of maps- there is no problem either. You will only notice the issue when you expand the same plot from which u sent reqs before all the maps have come back. Then...the rest of the reqs. goes lost. I don't know if I could explain correctly, but here is the concrete suggestion:: Send your request from one plot but always expand another one.

DeeDe99
11-24-15, 04:18 PM
Jagarjag - NOW I get what you mean - let me rephrase to see if I am understanding correctly.

You are proposing that if you request from a particular plot, get the needed (say) 5 or 6 maps you are waiting on, meaning there are still 14 or 15 to come for that day and that specific request, if you expand as soon as those 5 or 6 are received from the same plot you requested from, you never get those other 14 or 15 maps from that request.

If, on the other hand, you request from a different plot than you expand from, the other 15 or 16 maps will be received while the expansion is in progress.

Have I understood correctly? VERY interesting! As I said somewhere earlier, I just request from wherever and then later expand more often than not from a completely different plot (sometimes change my mine five times LOL) so I would probably never have noticed this at all.

DeeDe99
11-24-15, 04:19 PM

I'm thinking I am going to HAVE to go to the Isles. *sigh*

jagarjag
11-24-15, 04:32 PM
Jagarjag - NOW I get what you mean - let me rephrase to see if I am understanding correctly.

You are proposing that if you request from a particular plot, get the needed (say) 5 or 6 maps you are waiting on, meaning there are still 14 or 15 to come for that day and that specific request, if you expand as soon as those 5 or 6 are received from the same plot you requested from, you never get those other 14 or 15 maps from that request.

If, on the other hand, you request from a different plot than you expand from, the other 15 or 16 maps will be received while the expansion is in progress.

Have I understood correctly? VERY interesting! As I said somewhere earlier, I just request from wherever and then later expand more often than not from a completely different plot (sometimes change my mine five times LOL) so I would probably never have noticed this at all.

Yesss...could'nt have put it clearer myself...that's what I had been trying to tell and I am pretty sure it is true. Glad u got it.

roguebee
11-24-15, 05:38 PM
I'm thinking I am going to HAVE to go to the Isles. *sigh*

I've come to the same conclusion.

DeeDe99
11-29-15, 06:49 PM
For those that are following along, obviously Dragon Tales has been the focus lately, however I have managed to hatch an Ice Age dragon and opened up the Arctic Isles.

I can't say it helps a lot, really. Because once you have more than 8 maps you can't request from there either.

What I did manage to do was request from the Arctic Isles immediately after I started an expansion on the main island which used all my maps on hand. However, I did not get 20 maps over three days, same as always I got maps on days one and two only after the request. So when the expansion was finished I still needed to ask for more maps from the main island - and wait.

I haven't yet found a way to consistently be able to have maps on hand to start a fresh expansion as soon as one is finished. Obviously if I expanded more in the Arctic Isles so I would need more than 8 maps for the next expansion, it might be workable every now and then, but I am focused on my main island right now and really not ready to expand in the Arctic Isles.

I am wondering if those players who are sure they get maps for three days are also players who only need to evolve twice - if there was a change at some point like the evolution change that wasn't grandfathered.

DeeDe99
04-04-16, 05:37 PM
Has anyone noticed we seem to be RECEIVING maps for more days since the last update (iOS)? I am getting maps over more days now than I was before. It seems to be there has been a change.

On a side note, the app is now crashing more again too when visiting high level neighbours - it was better for a short while, now bad again.

random59
04-04-16, 06:23 PM
Has anyone noticed we seem to be RECEIVING maps for more days since the last update (iOS)? I am getting maps over more days now than I was before. It seems to be there has been a change.

On a side note, the app is now crashing more again too when visiting high level neighbours - it was better for a short while, now bad again.

Apparently we are able to receive 25 gifts per day so I take that includes maps, no one from support has commented on this.

OVer the years have sent numerous tickets to support re crashing. The response is, it is your device causing this to happen, lol. Last year a neighbour of mine bought the new iPhone 6 and her game is still constantly crashing and was also told it was her device causing this.

DeeDe99
04-04-16, 10:36 PM
Random59, it isn't the number of maps so much as the number of days they are being received. I never used to get maps for more than two days after a request - now they are still coming in days later. Of course, I could be imagining things, but I pretty sure I'm not. Mind you, both changes could have been made at once - increase to 25 plus longer delivery time.

As for the crashing, I determined quite some time ago there is a graphics handling issue on at least some devices - mine included (iPad Air 2). It handles parks up to around level 100, any level over that, it crashes after one or two visits. For a few weeks prior to the release of the current version, there was a definite improvement, but it is back to crashing again. However I also updated the OS, so where the cause lies is indeterminant! LOL

random59
04-05-16, 12:16 AM
Random59, it isn't the number of maps so much as the number of days they are being received. I never used to get maps for more than two days after a request - now they are still coming in days later. Of course, I could be imagining things, but I pretty sure I'm not. Mind you, both changes could have been made at once - increase to 25 plus longer delivery time.

As for the crashing, I determined quite some time ago there is a graphics handling issue on at least some devices - mine included (iPad Air 2). It handles parks up to around level 100, any level over that, it crashes after one or two visits. For a few weeks prior to the release of the current version, there was a definite improvement, but it is back to crashing again. However I also updated the OS, so where the cause lies is indeterminant! LOL
I don't know what they are doing but I had been getting maps 5 days later, maybe players aren't checking the map requests! I have also noticed that some of neighbours seem to request daily and other requests I receive are up to 5 days old!