PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Cruise Ship Event

patayita
11-19-15, 03:19 PM
A Thanksgiving Cruise Ship has pulled into town! :D

Complete all the orders in 10 days and Timmy the Turkey will
visit your Restaurant and teach you a NEW recipe that rewards gems!

Timmy the Turkey is suppose to visit every 6-10 hours.
26195 26196 26198

Day 1: 75 gems
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 2: 150 gems
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 3: 200 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 4: 250 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 5: 250 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 8: 400 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 9: 500 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 10: 600 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

tengoambre123
11-19-15, 03:28 PM
Time to put my chairs away, empty my pantry, and get the 3 and 4 coin dishes cooking :)

lehcar1
11-19-15, 03:31 PM
If I pay 100 gems for "more orders" will that apply to future cruise events? :confused:

txangel1109
11-19-15, 03:36 PM
I'm assuming this will be a 10 day cruise, so if I wait til tomorrow I will finish next Sunday! Ready!!

patayita
11-19-15, 03:37 PM
If I pay 100 gems for "more orders" will that apply to future cruise events? :confused:
It did not apply in the previous cruise events, so I do not think it will this time either :/

lehcar1
11-19-15, 03:43 PM
It did not apply in the previous cruise events, so I do not think it will this time either :/

Pass... thanks!!!

kooky panda
11-19-15, 03:45 PM
No, it will only apply to this event.

nakedbard
11-19-15, 03:46 PM
I keep tapping on the turkey but it just tells me the cruise ship has departed. Stay tuned for future events. i've even restarted the game. what gives?

had to leave Restaurant Story 2 Halloween and go into the non-Halloween version to get it to play.

Melanie930
11-19-15, 03:50 PM
I keep tapping on the turkey but it just tells me the cruise ship has departed. Stay tuned for future events. i've even restarted the game. what gives?

I had same issue with Halloween version, but regular version worked when I switched

fenixx7
11-19-15, 03:52 PM
Having the same issue with Timmy the Turkey as naked bard and my level is high enough. Hope that cruise ship is coming back!!

fenixx7
11-19-15, 03:54 PM
Turkey cruise up and running in Halloween!!

Melanie930
11-19-15, 03:56 PM
Do you keep game progress in Halloween when you switch to regular version?

Yes, you can delete Halloween version.
Day 1 of cruise needs 75 gems
Finished a 1 coin item = 3 gems and a 2 coin item = 12 gems so far

patayita
11-19-15, 04:05 PM
There is also two time-limited recipes: Cheese Dip and Garlic Hasselback Potatoes.

catfoodie
11-19-15, 04:20 PM
Ugh just in the morning I upgraded my veggie store to level 6 and now have 27k coins :mad: Glad that first 5 days is usually easy so will have to keep my chairs and sell food to gain some money back!
I'm excited for little fox doe, they are my favourite animals, and fireplace looks good too!

C2hWF
11-19-15, 04:25 PM
Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
Cheese Dip

hungryres
11-19-15, 05:37 PM
Curious which receipts would u choose to stockup? There are so many dishes snd not enough counter

ghjvcucjb
11-19-15, 06:09 PM
Ugh just in the morning I upgraded my veggie store to level 6 and now have 27k coins :mad: Glad that first 5 days is usually easy so will have to keep my chairs and sell food to gain some money back!
I'm excited for little fox doe, they are my favourite animals, and fireplace looks good too!

I just upgraded my seafood to level 5 this morning too

ghjvcucjb
11-19-15, 06:12 PM
Timmy is so adorbs! But a new event only after another event ended a day ago and a cruise/fair event in FS2, I'm thinking I'm going to have to choose between the two

JED000
11-19-15, 06:19 PM
When is the "automatic " start date for this event? Is it possible to start after Thanksgiving ? Thanks!

chrissydid
11-19-15, 06:56 PM
I notice the 2 new recipes, garlic potatoes and cheese something, are on a 14 day countdown for me. I have not started the cruise yet, but I imagine the recipes coincide.

infinitelove19
11-19-15, 08:06 PM
When is the "automatic " start date for this event? Is it possible to start after Thanksgiving ? Thanks!

We usually have about 4-5 days before the event auto-starts.
Not sure if one of the mods can give us a concrete date?

007war
11-19-15, 08:17 PM
This is an awful time for an event. Visitors, travel plans. What is the prize?

Kirrawynne
11-19-15, 08:24 PM
Well, is t this nice. ANOTHER event. I don't want to start it yet but I can't get into my game unless I hit the "Get Started" button. Really??? Now I'm being forced to start when I don't want to? Horrible time to have a cruise going due to the upcoming holiday. The toughest days will be during the holiday weekend.

Wonderful planning. Thanks for another great event. <rolls eyes>

infinitelove19
11-19-15, 08:50 PM
This is an awful time for an event. Visitors, travel plans. What is the prize?

The prizes can be seen in the back corner. My favourite is that cute red fox! The final prize is the character, dressed as a turkey, who will visit, drop pumpkins (I think) with which we will make the new recipe on the celebration oven & it will drop gems. Much like the final prize in previous events. Along the way we'll get other decorations, some coins, some helping hands and so forth.

I am a fan of cruises and can't wait to get that fox!! :-)

Kirrawynne
11-19-15, 08:56 PM
Is there a reason why I can't play my game unless I hit the "Get Started" button first? Did this happen to everyone? (doesn't sound that way given what I've read here.)

I've force closed my game, tried opening the holiday version and I'm still bring forced to start the event of I want to play the game.

nmishii
11-19-15, 09:07 PM
Is there a reason why I can't play my game unless I hit the "Get Started" button first? Did this happen to everyone? (doesn't sound that way given what I've read here.)

I've force closed my game, tried opening the holiday version and I'm still bring forced to start the event of I want to play the game.

I don't believe it starts until you hit the Start button on the right. I also don't want to start the event for a few days as I don't have time to spend the 4 day Thanksgiving holiday trying to finish this. I hit the Get Started button so I could play and won't hit the Start button yet. I don't see any recipes or ingredients with the cruise ship icon so it hasn't started yet.

Kirrawynne
11-19-15, 09:14 PM
I don't believe it starts until you hit the Start button on the right. I also don't want to start the event for a few days as I don't have time to spend the 4 day Thanksgiving holiday trying to finish this. I hit the Get Started button so I could play and won't hit the Start button yet. I don't see any recipes or ingredients with the cruise ship icon so it hasn't started yet.

Thank you for your response. I was afraid if I hit it, the event would start and I'm with you. If I do this, it can wait until after the holiday.

ghjvcucjb
11-20-15, 01:30 AM
Thank you for your response. I was afraid if I hit it, the event would start and I'm with you. If I do this, it can wait until after the holiday.

Just a thought. I would verify how long you have to start. In previous cruises you only had about 4 days before the event auto started. If that's the case again, your game would automatically start a few days before the holiday, which I think from what you've stated would not be good for you. That's the reason why I started it immediately, so I can get the bulk of it done before the 4 day weekend.

ghjvcucjb
11-20-15, 01:31 AM
We usually have about 4-5 days before the event auto-starts.
Not sure if one of the mods can give us a concrete date?

Im curious too, although I've already started. Usually the event length and final end date is given in the game but I've been looking and can't find any info.

Raycharlesgarter
11-20-15, 04:54 AM
So far the food for the cruise has been
Cheese fondue
Ginger tea
Fried ice cream
Baked salmon
Sugar cookies
10 apples
10 cucumbers
Prime rib
Lobster bisque
Chicken broccoli casserole
Chicken noodle soup
Strawberry short cake
Pink lemonade
Surf and turf
10 cucumbers
Salmon sushi

TimeForACuppaTea
11-20-15, 05:24 AM
Is the fox one of the prizes? It's adorable but insanely expensive.

patayita
11-20-15, 05:46 AM
Is the fox one of the prizes? It's adorable but insanely expensive.

Yes, the fox is the prize of day 9 :)

patayita
11-20-15, 06:28 AM
I am so annoyed!!! Started the Cruise today but day 2 is already unlocked and I have 9 days left. All my orders require potatoes and I have 15 gems left to finish day 1 but the only thing I have ready is stew. If I send it away I will lose 30 gems.. Not a good start for me :(

dollydaydreams1
11-20-15, 06:45 AM
Can someone post the prizes please? I can't start the cruise for a few days but I'm itching to know what we'll get :)

chrissydid
11-20-15, 07:59 AM
I am so annoyed!!! Started the Cruise today but day 2 is already unlocked and I have 9 days left. All my orders require potatoes and I have 15 gems left to finish day 1 but the only thing I have ready is stew. If I send it away I will lose 30 gems.. Not a good start for me :(

Oh no! I wanted to start tomorrow, but if the days are already unlocked, I'm wasting time

transberry
11-20-15, 09:44 AM
So far the food for the cruise has been
Cheese fondue
Ginger tea
Fried ice cream
Baked salmon
Sugar cookies
10 apples
10 cucumbers
Prime rib
Lobster bisque
Chicken broccoli casserole

Most must be on oven I don't have

Can't make ginger tea, fried ice cream, or prime rib

nmishii
11-20-15, 10:02 AM

I've started the cruise late a couple of times to better fit my schedule and it always started on Day 1. This isn't good if they've changed that. I'll start tomorrow since the first days are easier to finish. The last two days are the hardest for me and I didn't want those days to be Black Friday and Saturday.

nmishii
11-20-15, 10:05 AM
Most must be on oven I don't have

Can't make ginger tea, fried ice cream, or prime rib

The orders are based on your level. For example Fried ice cream is available at level 50 so if you will only see it if you are at least level 50.

ghjvcucjb
11-20-15, 08:52 PM

Oh no! I wanted to start tomorrow, but if the days are already unlocked, I'm wasting time
This is what I was afraid of in my other two posts. Usually the event says it's from this date to this date and you have 10 days to complete once activated. However this time around there was no event date range given. At least the first few days aren't to hard if you fall behind, it starts to become impossible once you hit day 7 to catch up if your a few days behind. Especially without gems and quick serves

dalexxx
11-20-15, 11:24 PM
anything you cook should be atleast 3 stars for the deep fryer. (should be 4 IMO).

still the fried chicken I cooked had 2 coins only ::/

sassylis
11-21-15, 01:29 AM
I started yesterday morning so just over 24 hours ago and my day 3 is already open 😳!! Thankfully the first few days are easy so I can do relatively quickly but it does mess with my end dates as like them to both be Sat/Sun but will now be Fri/Sat so not great as can't play all day when at work 🤐! xx

Day 3
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems

Not had any 3-4 coins yet!!

nuiathiel
11-21-15, 03:16 AM
Hey all,

I have a quick question. I've never managed to finish one of these cruise events (I usually fall behind on day 8 or so).

How many gems does the recipe give you normally? Is it worth getting one of those helper stoves?

Thanks

Chaotarch
11-21-15, 03:33 AM
How many gems does the recipe give you normally? Is it worth getting one of those helper stoves?

the Beef Wellington / British Voyage drops 1 - 3 gems if its ready; not per cook or per serve!
helper stoves = no; only for the actuall cruise event.
if you have enough gems or would invest, buy more stoves:rolleyes:

infinitelove19
11-21-15, 03:57 AM
I started yesterday morning so just over 24 hours ago and my day 3 is already open ��!! Thankfully the first few days are easy so I can do relatively quickly but it does mess with my end dates as like them to both be Sat/Sun but will now be Fri/Sat so not great as can't play all day when at work ��! xx

Day 3
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems

Not had any 3-4 coins yet!!

You are the second person having issues with this... but also wondering if there is any way you started *just* before the new day starts? (Midnight PAcific Standard Time). If you did, day 2 would unlock almost immediately, and then day 3 would unlock 24 hours later. (((edited to add: Based on when you posted, this may be what happened)))

If not, there is something fishy going on in S8/TL land, and even if not "started" by the user, it seems like the game might be "started" inside itself.

Has anyone started late, and does NOT currently have day 3 unlocked? (Sure hope so!)

tromalyt
11-21-15, 04:02 AM
I already mastered the cheese sauce recipe. :D I have three burner and I keep cooking cheese sauce.

I also bought a helper. I gives me one cruise coin per hour. It helps but not that much. As Chaotarch says, I got better return from buying a third commercial burner for 100 gems. (the black burner, I am playing the Spanish version, I don't know the original names.)

Oh, and the beef wellington and other gem recipes, Usually I got 1 or 2 gems but occasionally I got 15 gems for cooking them.

sassylis
11-21-15, 04:42 AM
You are the second person having issues with this... but also wondering if there is any way you started *just* before the new day starts? (Midnight PAcific Standard Time). If you did, day 2 would unlock almost immediately, and then day 3 would unlock 24 hours later. (((edited to add: Based on when you posted, this may be what happened)))

If not, there is something fishy going on in S8/TL land, and even if not "started" by the user, it seems like the game might be "started" inside itself.

Has anyone started late, and does NOT currently have day 3 unlocked? (Sure hope so!)

Ah yes you're probably right, I did it either just before or just after 7am UK time. I'm not having much luck today as keep getting 1 and 2 coin dishes so could take a while!! I hope it improves as days go by! xx

Rynetory2
11-21-15, 05:00 AM

I think its most likely when players started. I tested on my game and the days unlocked as it did in previous cruises.

lorettasapron
11-21-15, 07:50 AM

I only started today and everything's in order - currently on day 1.

Ah yes you're probably right, I did it either just before or just after 7am UK time.

Reset time is at 8am in the UK. So your first day essentially lasted around an hour before the cruise moved on to day 2.

nuiathiel
11-21-15, 08:05 AM
the Beef Wellington / British Voyage drops 1 - 3 gems if its ready; not per cook or per serve!

Thanks for the answer! I guess I won't be spending my precious gems hehe :cool:

nmishii
11-21-15, 09:23 AM
I also started today and everything is normal. I'm happy to be finishing Monday after Thanksgiving rather than on Saturday of a 4 day holiday. I wanted to wait one more day but the 14 day goal was counting down and I wasn't sure what those steps are and wanted enough time to complete the goal.

Kirrawynne
11-21-15, 04:40 PM

I have the recipes for the beef Wellington, the baked Alaska, and the wedding cake. They drop 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 gems per cook. That's what I've gotten at least.

The hula girl is pretty cool because she drops coins, fast serves, and gems. I can't really remember if I've seen her drop 10 but I know she drops 5 since that's what she just gave me. ��

Kirrawynne
11-21-15, 04:58 PM
I went ahead and started today. Got two four coiners right off the bat. Since I have time, I might go ahead and see how far I can get with recipes on just one slot and hold on to the four coiners for when I need them most. I've got some time to **** for the next few days so we'll see how it goes!!!

ma1921
11-21-15, 10:32 PM
What a joke! My Day 1 lasted only an hour. I was wondering was it game bud until now I realize there is daylight savings time in Nov while here we dun switch....LOL

Chaotarch
11-22-15, 04:07 AM
I have the recipes for the beef Wellington, the baked Alaska, and the wedding cake. They drop 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 gems per cook. That's what I've gotten at least.
sadly started with the british voyage, so only have beef wellington:(
and dont get more then 3 gems...but good to know:rolleyes:
sry, mean not per cook, per chef:eek:

The hula girl is pretty cool because she drops coins, fast serves, and gems. I can't really remember if I've seen her drop 10 but I know she drops 5 since that's what she just gave me. ��

... hope that cruise would be receycled...

wazka1
11-22-15, 05:36 AM
I've only ever received 1 gem from the baked Alaska :confused: looks like I'm missing out..

tromalyt
11-22-15, 07:35 AM

I got 15 gems for the beef Wellington again.

Chaotarch
11-22-15, 08:25 AM
I got 15 gems for the beef Wellington again.

omg:cool:
not in the germanversion...:mad: and i am close to the 3rd star...

Kirrawynne
11-22-15, 10:32 AM
I'll have to pay closer attention to how many drop from each recipe. Don't get me wrong; I usually get one but it's always nice to get more.

On a different note, my day two didn't unlock as soon as I finished day one. I was a little disappointed to be honest.

Happy cooking!!

fantaloonastic
11-22-15, 10:41 AM
I'm having only 1 and 2 coin dishes today it seems, slow going today but meanwhile I'm cooking 4 coin dishes to stack up so its not all bad.

What is bad however, is that I HAVENT HAD A SINGLE GINGER IN 4 DAYS. I'm hoping that complaining helps.

214sed
11-22-15, 10:43 AM
Im sorry, but Im not participating. Too many orders to do. If you made it very easy at first, would do it.

sassylis
11-22-15, 11:07 AM
Hi all...another slow day with only one 4 coins and couple of 3 coin dishes with remainder being 1 and 2 coin but am nearly finished and trying to line up some 4 coin for tomorrow as I'm back to work so can't play during the day xx

Day 4 - 250
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

fantaloonastic
11-22-15, 05:35 PM
About to finish for today, have a 3 and 4 coin already at the ready for next day, fingers crossed the new dish will be 3+ coins

daeanaira
11-22-15, 08:58 PM
Hi all...another slow day with only one 4 coins and couple of 3 coin dishes with remainder being 1 and 2 coin but am nearly finished and trying to line up some 4 coin for tomorrow as I'm back to work so can't play during the day xx

Day 4 - 250
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

I'm on day 3 and a 4 coin meal is only worth 45 points. That's bogus.

Also, why is fried ice cream only worth 3 coins?? It takes 3h to make it and you need 2 batters and TEN creams. That is too much just to be worth 3 coins.

patayita
11-23-15, 06:46 AM
How is it going for you all? Quiet in here :/

I just started my fifth day, 190 gems til I am done :) Collecting bacon, making antipasto platter and lobster sandwich at the moment.

fatbearsecondary
11-23-15, 07:39 AM

I just started my fifth day, 190 gems til I am done :) Collecting bacon, making antipasto platter and lobster sandwich at the moment.

It looks like, so far, the day requirements are all the same as previous cruise events. So, if you want to know what's coming, I'd advise looking at the previous cruise threads (like this one: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85711-Ghost-Pirate-Cruise-Ship-Event ) Obviously we can't know for sure that it will be the same but the last several cruises have all been identical, so...

And I know it's shouting into the void, but it would be nice to know, especially with the holidays coming up, when this event is going to start automatically. I'm trying to put it off as long as possible to have the holiday land on easier days, but it would be great to know what date the cruise will auto start so people can plan around it.

catfoodie
11-23-15, 08:55 AM
For me cruise event going as usual:> Almost done day 5, got 4 coins dishes from previous day and got few things that was on my counter. So only have 30 gems to go!

sassylis
11-23-15, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=daeanaira;1210404]I'm on day 3 and a 4 coin meal is only worth 45 points. That's bogus.

I didn't get any 4 coin dishes on day 3 so I can't say what they were but the 1, 2 and 3 coins were that same as day 4 xx

sassylis
11-23-15, 11:32 AM

I had a good day, just as well really as was at work today, I got lucky with all my orders being stacked so am refreshing to line up ready for tomorrow. Hope your days gone ok xx

fantaloonastic
11-23-15, 06:55 PM
Today was a breeze compared to yesterday, was done within two hours! Just about to start a new round of prep dishes for tomorrow

sassylis
11-24-15, 01:11 AM
Today was a breeze compared to yesterday, was done within two hours! Just about to start a new round of prep dishes for tomorrow

Yay well done...I did day 6 in 1 minute this morning as all my requests were from stacked dishes and 3-4 coins!! Now prepping for tomorrow! 😀

Day 6 - 300 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

mermaidzen
11-24-15, 01:41 AM
Does anyone know if we will have a goal to master the 2 new recipes as I am working on that at same time as cooking loads. Also which is better stockpiling lobster or to cook dishes with them. I can only collect 3 at a time in my fish shop

ellyse99
11-24-15, 02:17 AM
Does anyone know if we will have a goal to master the 2 new recipes as I am working on that at same time as cooking loads. Also which is better stockpiling lobster or to cook dishes with them. I can only collect 3 at a time in my fish shop

I haven't seen a goal to master them yet. I feel that stockpiling ingredients is better, unless you already know what dishes are going to be asked for. Otherwise you run the risk of wasting ingredients on unnecessary dishes.

C2hWF
11-24-15, 03:27 AM
Day 6: 300 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

catfoodie
11-24-15, 09:07 AM
I usually prepare dishes with lobster such as lobster sandwich, lobster Thermidor and lobster bisque. All of them take a while to cook and I just stockpile them! I can collect 4 of them at a time so I rely on street market to get more. Sometimes it takes few days to cook double amount for each dish :>

mermaidzen
11-25-15, 01:11 AM
That's want I was thinking got over 1000 of most of them. Got 2 chairs open so can still get bit of money and all my counters are full to busting lol

chrissydid
11-27-15, 05:53 AM
Does anyone know gem worth for 3 & 4 coins on day 8?

Angelymer9
11-27-15, 05:57 AM
found my answer in the openings post

fantaloonastic
11-27-15, 09:53 AM
Down to 295 for today, finishing 2 two coin dishes in 25 minutes and crossing my fingers for some good new ones!

fantaloonastic
11-27-15, 10:54 AM
New dishes both 1 coin, this isn't what I had in mind!

hungryres
11-27-15, 10:53 PM
Almost near the end of 9th day, bummer i was not quite available to play yesterday , mobile data also seem to fail me. And i kept getting only 1, 2 coin order....
Worse still, same order kept coming back, chesse fondue, yogurt parfait , n sugar heavy receipt ...

C2hWF
11-28-15, 02:26 AM
Mini Pumpkin Pies

fantaloonastic
11-28-15, 06:23 AM
Almost there, 310 gems to go with 19 hours left on the clock. It all seems so easy now that I figured out to remove chairs :D

chrissydid
11-28-15, 06:47 AM
A Thanksgiving Cruise Ship has pulled into town! :D

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

FYI
I am on day 9, both my day 8 and 9 gem/coin counts have differed from this.

day 8 was:
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coin = 17
3 coin = 40
4 coin = 69

so far day 9 has matched 1 and 2 coins. don't know 3 or 4

gogo0811
11-28-15, 06:56 AM
I just completed the event and sure enough within a few minutes I had timmy the turkey visit. But she just sat and ate at the restaurant...there was nothing to tap on...timmy the turkey visited and left!!! Somethings not right. The task was to tap on timmy but i cant tap...someone please help! Anyone else with the same problem?

anqsia
11-28-15, 07:25 AM
when i finished the event and he came to the restaurant i tapped him twice, the first time he wanted water, and then he gave me the recipe and one pumpkin. but i have a different problem, it's been four hours since he first came and no there is no sign of him. How often does Timmy visits?.

randic78
11-28-15, 08:54 AM
Nothing appeared over his head like the other visitors but I tapped on him twice anyway and the 2nd time he did give me one pumpkin and the recipe. It's been about 5 hours for me and I haven't seen him again. Curious as to how often he visits too.

anqsia
11-28-15, 09:04 AM
he just showed up. it appears that he is coming every six hours. :)

hullrach
11-28-15, 12:45 PM
How do you know which dishes are 1 coin, 2 coins etc?

GC5410
11-28-15, 12:50 PM
Nothing appeared over his head like the other visitors but I tapped on him twice anyway and the 2nd time he did give me one pumpkin and the recipe. It's been about 5 hours for me and I haven't seen him again. Curious as to how often he visits too.

he just showed up. it appears that he is coming every six hours. :)

I finished about 2 hours ago and have seen him twice since then - once when I first finished (when I didn't manage to click on him properly) and second time was a few minutes ago (when I managed to click on him and unlock the new recipe).

jenni4439
11-28-15, 12:58 PM
Where do I get pumpkins??? I finished the cruise, Timmy arrived gave me one pumpkin and the recipe, but I can't figure out where to get the pumpkins to complete the order.

Please help!

Complete all the orders in 10 days and Timmy the Turkey will
visit your Restaurant and teach you a NEW recipe that rewards gems!

26195 26196 26198

Day 1: 75 gems
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 2: 150 gems
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 3: 200 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 4: 250 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 5: 250 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems[/QUOTE]

jenni4439
11-28-15, 01:00 PM
Are you able to get the pumpkins needed for the recipe? When he's in my restaurant there's nothing over his head, I just click on him. I received one pumpkin for the mini pumpkins recipe and can't figure out how to get more. Something doesn't seem right!

catfoodie
11-28-15, 01:21 PM
So on the last day all my food disappeared :rolleyes: managed to go down to 270 gems with around 10 hours to go. I think I'll make it regardless with the help of bunch quick serves lol. Will see how it will go :>

007war
11-28-15, 01:28 PM
I have the same issue. Visit, eats and nothing appears over his head.

anqsia
11-28-15, 01:29 PM
you get them from Timmy. he visits your restaurant every few hours and give you pumpkins. but unlike the other NPC's , nothing appears on his head (i think it's a glitch), so you need to tap on him to get the pumpkin. he is a permanent NPC (so i know from previous cruise events) so he will come every day.
hope it helps. : )

gogo0811
11-28-15, 02:01 PM
I finished about 2 hours ago and have seen him twice since then - once when I first finished (when I didn't manage to click on him properly) and second time was a few minutes ago (when I managed to click on him and unlock the new recipe).

Thanks all. I tried clicking on Timmy (indeed nothing appears that i could click on but i clicked on timmy anyways) and got the pumpkin and also unlocked the recipe. Thanks!

gogo0811
11-28-15, 02:04 PM
you get them from Timmy. he visits your restaurant every few hours and give you pumpkins. but unlike the other NPC's , nothing appears on his head (i think it's a glitch), so you need to tap on him to get the pumpkin. he is a permanent NPC (so i know from previous cruise events) so he will come every day.
hope it helps. : )

Indeed. Nothing appeared over his head. I click cked like you said and it worked! Thanks!

tuffyjkitten
11-28-15, 04:07 PM
Well with 9 hours left in the event I just collected my fox. Took sooooooo long to get the orders filled because everything require the salad bar or seafood I have not unlocked yet. Got stuck with all 1 and 2 star orders. Oh well....I got all the cool prizes! Not even going to try to do the last day in that little time after it took more than a day and a half to do day 9.

namelessforevermore
11-28-15, 07:22 PM
ok so ive completed the thanksgiving cruise ship. now its dissapearred and i cant find timmy the turkey to tap on??? how do i get the new recipe and the gems????????

val2696
11-28-15, 07:27 PM
just as other posters have said - I, too, an experiencing the glitch where the new character doesn't have an icon above his head to tap. guess I'll just have to be more observant of my customers until this gets fixed.

namelessforevermore
11-28-15, 07:36 PM
ok so ive completed the thanksgiving cruise ship. now its dissapearred and i cant find timmy the turkey to tap on??? how do i get the new recipe and the gems???????

MysticOrchid
11-28-15, 07:48 PM
Yeah, the Turkey costume guy is buggy.

But thankfully I finished the event. Out of all days, I kept getting 2 coin dishes and thought I wasn't going to able to win aha

kooky panda
11-28-15, 08:44 PM
ok so ive completed the thanksgiving cruise ship. now its dissapearred and i cant find timmy the turkey to tap on??? how do i get the new recipe and the gems???????
Force close your game and Timmy should then enter your restaurant. Tap on him and you will unlock the recipe.

clothespeg
11-28-15, 08:46 PM
Where is Timmy ? Have received 2 pumpkins. 1 on completion of event and the other when he last visited and the last was what I would call a fluke. Nothing appears above Timmy's head. This was a challenging event for me. Hope this glitch is fixed very soon !!! VERY SOON !

clothespeg
11-28-15, 08:51 PM
Followed your instructions Kooky and it worked. Timmy has appeared. Thanks

kooky panda
11-28-15, 08:52 PM
I will report over that Timmy does not have the icon over his head to collect.

PikaSquirrel
11-28-15, 10:54 PM
We're looking into this. You can still tap on Timmy and he will help you learn the new recipe and also give you a Pumpkin.

PikaSquirrel
11-28-15, 11:07 PM
This has been fixed, you should see the Pumpkin icon over Timmy's head now to tap on. :)

lehcar1
11-28-15, 11:17 PM
I want to cry -- these events get harder and harder. There is less than two hours left and doubt I'll get the fox. And, this cruise requires dishes I haven't even unlocked yet. Why did I even try...

MysticOrchid
11-29-15, 12:28 AM
How often does he Visit? I'm waiting for his second visit and it's already been like 4 hours or so. I need 3 more pumpkins to finish the quest.... Uhh this is lame and I've already foreclosed the game plenty of times.

lehcar1
11-29-15, 01:00 AM
I want to cry -- these events get harder and harder. There is less than two hours left and doubt I'll get the fox. And, this cruise requires dishes I haven't even unlocked yet. Why did I even try...

No fox. I will break my phone now. GJ to those who completed it. Goodbye

fantaloonastic
11-29-15, 01:41 AM
No fox. I will break my phone now. GJ to those who completed it. Goodbye

Have you read all the tips and tricks for cruises? I was never able to finish them and got so frustrated but I've finished the last two with ease. Just by removing the chairs so no food gets sold and by cooking the dishes that take longest and earn 4 coins. I also refresh dishes right before finishing the day so the new day starts with 2 4 coin dishes I can than make sure are ready and waiting. Good luck next cruise, im sure you'll finish it and get all the cool prizes!

clothespeg
11-29-15, 02:02 AM
For some reason Timmy is not visiting at all now. I have collected 3 pumpkins in 24 hours ! I have shut my phone down and reopened game and still no Timmy (although doing this earlier, he did appear) Please fix this into ASAP

tiggerstorm8
11-29-15, 04:15 AM
Just completed the cruise and had Timmy the turkey visit tapped on his head which opened the recipe and got 1 pumpkin. I was wondering how often the pumpkins arrive with Timmy

lehcar1
11-29-15, 04:36 AM
Have you read all the tips and tricks for cruises? I was never able to finish them and got so frustrated but I've finished the last two with ease. Just by removing the chairs so no food gets sold and by cooking the dishes that take longest and earn 4 coins. I also refresh dishes right before finishing the day so the new day starts with 2 4 coin dishes I can than make sure are ready and waiting. Good luck next cruise, im sure you'll finish it and get all the cool prizes!

I've completed one cruise before -- before with fewer stock and without having to not sell any food. The problem for me this time was opening the fruit shop too early, so some of the orders were for ingredients and recipes that I've yet to unlock. I spent a lot of time on this too... Such a disappointment, for me at least. But, thank you, hopefully the next cruise event is less frustrating. :/

Rynetory2
11-29-15, 08:44 AM
I've completed one cruise before -- before with fewer stock and without having to not sell any food. The problem for me this time was opening the fruit shop too early, so some of the orders were for ingredients and recipes that I've yet to unlock. I spent a lot of time on this too... Such a disappointment, for me at least. But, thank you, hopefully the next cruise event is less frustrating. :/

Hang in there. You arent alone on this. :) I can totally relate how frustrating it is for you; I was in the exact situation as you during one of the past cruises. I opened the shop just before the cruise started, big mistake on my part. With insufficient coins to open ingredients nor time to learn the recipes and the cruise kept asking for those recipes which I had yet to learn, I struggled through it having spent most of the time refreshing. Ok, lesson learnt. After the cruise, I earned as much as I could and learned the recipes. When the next cruise came, it was easier. Do read the tips in the cruise guide as Fantaloonastic suggested, it had been very helpful. Hope you feel better after reading this. Believe me, it does get better. Good luck. :)

schlautje
11-29-15, 09:15 AM
I was one coin away from completing the cruise, but I wasn't able to cook the last order. I was out of quick serves...
I want to cry now

cherrycolafreak
11-29-15, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know if you will always get gems from cooking from the new recipe?
Or is there a limit?

I don't know how this works. I've never finished an event that offered gems at the end.
I'm guessing it's from cooking?

Chaotarch
11-29-15, 11:02 AM
For some reason Timmy is not visiting at all now. I have collected 3 pumpkins in 24 hours ! I have shut my phone down and reopened game and still no Timmy (although doing this earlier, he did appear) Please fix this into ASAP

lol, waiting since 4h30min for Timmy aka Timmy the SHY or the Invisible Turkey...

Chaotarch
11-29-15, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know if you will always get gems from cooking from the new recipe?
Or is there a limit?

I don't know how this works. I've never finished an event that offered gems at the end.
I'm guessing it's from cooking?

no limit known:rolleyes:

cherrycolafreak
11-29-15, 11:43 AM
no limit known:rolleyes:

That would be nice.

There has been at least one other event where you got gems from a new recipe, right? I didn't finish that one so I don't know.

For anyone who did, do you receive a gem/or gems each time after you cook it?

Can someone please explain how it works? Thanks.

Chaotarch
11-29-15, 12:00 PM
That would be nice.

There has been at least one other event where you got gems from a new recipe, right? I didn't finish that one so I don't know.

For anyone who did, do you receive a gem/or gems each time after you cook it?

Can someone please explain how it works? Thanks.

you get the gems together with the blue-exp-stars,
personally i get from the Beef Wellington 1-3 gems; other player reported 5 or 10...:mad:
from my first Mini Pumpkin Pies i got 1 gem...:(

ChelseaChickX
11-29-15, 12:07 PM
Are you able to get the pumpkins needed for the recipe? When he's in my restaurant there's nothing over his head, I just click on him. I received one pumpkin for the mini pumpkins recipe and can't figure out how to get more. Something doesn't seem right!

Timmy the Turkey has a pumpkin over his head. Delete game then reinstall. It worked for me!

kooky panda
11-29-15, 12:09 PM
This has been fixed . You should now see a pumpkin over his head. You will get a pumpkin when he enters your game. It will take a while to get all the pumpkins you need for the recipe.

vickyville14
11-29-15, 12:14 PM

OMG - I almost always go to the forum for advice and I didn't . I never knew this; I have been crazy frustrated. Thanks for explaining! I can't find a "tips and tricks for cruises". Where is it?

catfoodie
11-29-15, 12:41 PM
OMG - I almost always go to the forum for advice and I didn't . I never knew this; I have been crazy frustrated. Thanks for explaining! I can't find a "tips and tricks for cruises". Where is it?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide
I think this guide have pretty much everything

vickyville14
11-29-15, 12:48 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide
I think this guide have pretty much everything

Thanks so much, I just couldn't find it. Maybe I will finally finish the next cruise. I never thought about putting away chairs!

Chaotarch
11-29-15, 12:50 PM
lol, waiting since 4h30min for Timmy aka Timmy the SHY or the Invisible Turkey...

can someone confirm 6h( 15min )? not sure about the 15min...:confused:

delunaboyz3
11-29-15, 01:31 PM
I've only received 2 pumpkins ... How do you get them?

catfoodie
11-29-15, 02:05 PM
Thanks so much, I just couldn't find it. Maybe I will finally finish the next cruise. I never thought about putting away chairs!
I personally think you can finish it! :> yes, I do always turn around chairs so people can't sit on them leaving only 1 table so people still can get food, but it sells really slow. So stacking 4/3 coin dishes definately helps. Although sometimes food dissappear randomly and you just get coins for it. It happened to me this time although I was in luck all previous events! So it's definately worth a shot. Just focus on unlocking as much recipes/indridients as possible til next cruise event, this way you can precook or horde ingridients and won't have to refresh orders a lot!

catfoodie
11-29-15, 02:06 PM
I've only received 2 pumpkins ... How do you get them?
Timmy suppose to visit your restaraunt few times a day and each time he drops 1 or more pumpkins. So when you have 4 pumpkins you can make a recipe!

dollydaydreams1
11-29-15, 02:17 PM
Eek. Last day and still not finished... I'm about 3/4 way through with 12hrs to go, so fingers crossed!

lnztrekfan
11-29-15, 05:39 PM
New goal popped up. That Ship Has Sailed. Has anyone mastered these new recipes? Do you get any reward other than plaque?

chrissydid
11-29-15, 05:45 PM
Can anyone post what Timmy looks like in the shop? He came in and unlocked the recipe as soon as the cruise finished, but I haven't seen him again. Rather, I haven't seen anyone with the pumpkin over his head all day so I don't know if I'm missing him or not.

catfoodie
11-29-15, 06:52 PM
New goal popped up. That Ship Has Sailed. Has anyone mastered these new recipes? Do you get any reward other than plaque?
Well this goal doesn't ask you to master the recipes, just cook them few times. I mastered garlic hassleback potatoes but still have to cook them 6 times to get this wallpaper. And when I mastered the recipe I only got plaque.

Xialio
11-29-15, 07:11 PM
yeah mi the same, already mastered both recipies, but if mi remembers right, completing the first quest on this new cruise lol gives u almost 2 star mastery on both recipies......but can't 100% remmy how many serves for each star

Xialio
11-29-15, 07:16 PM
Can anyone post what Timmy looks like in the shop? He came in and unlocked the recipe as soon as the cruise finished, but I haven't seen him again. Rather, I haven't seen anyone with the pumpkin over his head all day so I don't know if I'm missing him or not.

mi has noticed he doesn't always have the pumpkin over his head......not sure if it's coz mi not updated something or it's a known bug, but if u see him u won't miss him......he really is a giant turkey lol :) clicking on him still gives a pumpkin

catfoodie
11-29-15, 08:33 PM
As Xialio said he is just a giant turkey :rolleyes:
Here is the picture:
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26470 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26470)

LadyEna
11-29-15, 09:54 PM
Well got the fox. Last three days of event were low point recipes! I had stocked on high point ones.
Oh well!

MysticOrchid
11-29-15, 11:22 PM
Dev Team needs to REDUCE the time he visits to drop pumpkins. At this rate, I am only getting 1 pumpkin every 24 hours.

Why would you guys even make it like this?
Is it a slap in the face to make us buy gems to buy pumpkins? I've gladly supported, but this is just too much.

catfoodie
11-30-15, 12:20 AM
Dev Team needs to REDUCE the time he visits to drop pumpkins. At this rate, I am only getting 1 pumpkin every 24 hours.

Is it a slap in the face to make us buy gems to buy pumpkins? I've gladly supported, but this is just too much.
Well I don't think you suppose to make this recipe every day, plus it only needs 4 pumpkins and he also might drop more than one pumpkin at once. So I don't think it's that bad

transberry
11-30-15, 01:10 AM
Another cruise I can't finish and I've spent the last 4 days consistently making recipes

Had 20 counters full of food that it rarely asked

So tired of working so hard for nothing

MysticOrchid
11-30-15, 01:36 AM
Well I don't think you suppose to make this recipe every day, plus it only needs 4 pumpkins and he also might drop more than one pumpkin at once. So I don't think it's that bad

I want to Master it? So at the rate they drop, it'll take me more then a month.

tara21264
11-30-15, 02:36 AM

This is the first cruise, I ever finished, but now I have lots of issues. First, Jimmy only showed up twice the last two days. So I thought, updating the game would bring an effort.
But now I even get a task to finish three steps of the cruise, 0/3...
Of course, step 1 was done already, and for that no ships to fill, but as mentioned above, it shows 0/3
I have the recipe, but cannot cook it, if Jimmy won't show up 😒
Anyone else with the same glitch?

Scratte717
11-30-15, 04:21 AM
This is the first cruise, I ever finished, but now I have lots of issues. First, Jimmy only showed up twice the last two days. So I thought, updating the game would bring an effort.
Of course, step 1 was done already, and for that no ships to fill, but as mentioned above, it shows 0/3
I have the recipe, but cannot cook it, if Jimmy won't show up ��

After finishing cruise I switched from Haloween version to usual one and similar glitch for me. Now I have 2 goals - the old "All aboard..." And new one "Complete the cruise"
Though - it seems that old goal does not cause any problems in game so far. Timmy is coming, but very seldom. But that is by design I am afraid. 3 pumpkins collected so far

cquinn32
11-30-15, 06:24 AM
Timmy just dropped 4 pumpkins for me this morning!!

catfoodie
11-30-15, 09:05 AM
I want to Master it? So at the rate they drop, it'll take me more then a month.
Well I understand that but at the same time it's gem rewarding recipe. I'm pretty sure all gem recipes designed so you can make them every few days. If you want to master them ASAP then yes, you will have to pay but I don't think it's that unfair. :>

chrissydid
11-30-15, 09:49 AM
I have the recipe, but cannot cook it, if Jimmy won't show up 😒

I have this same glitch!! I completed the cruise in Halloween edition, but Timmy won't show up. So I dl the original and the exact same thing happened. I'm pretty disappointed. I've switched back to the Halloween ed for now until this is resolved.

I posted over in the bugs section with screen grabs, but no response...

simbalot
11-30-15, 09:58 AM
This is the first cruise I've completed and I THANK everyone for all the advice posted. I couldn't have done it without this discussion board!

I do have one quick question...Since I have the recipe will Timmy keep visiting indefinitely or will we have a time limit to master/use the recipe?

catfoodie
11-30-15, 10:12 AM
This is the first cruise I've completed and I THANK everyone for all the advice posted. I couldn't have done it without this discussion board!

I do have one quick question...Since I have the recipe will Timmy keep visiting indefinitely or will we have a time limit to master/use the recipe?
As long as you get the recipe and cook it at least once Timmy going to be permanent as well as recipe so you don't have to rush to master it! So don't worry!

patayita
11-30-15, 12:53 PM
I am at level 45 but still I have not managed to complete a cruise. I am doing my best and play whenever I can, but I never succeed. So disappointed :(

tara21264
11-30-15, 02:22 PM
Cool, thanks catfoodie for this useful hint. I realized that Jimmy came back despite the glitch described above. However I thought, we would have just a few days to cook the new recipe. So, now, I don't need to worry anymore...
@ Patayita: it was the same for me, level 46 now. Also this time I wouldn't have succeeded, if I had not used a handful (around 25) of gems plus 80 helping hands. The last two days are really embarrassing, lots of 2 coin recipes. If then you cannot get into the game very often, you loose. I know your frustration very well!
But don't give up, once you will succeed!!!

kooky panda
11-30-15, 03:35 PM
After finishing cruise I switched from Haloween version to usual one and similar glitch for me. Now I have 2 goals - the old "All aboard..." And new one "Complete the cruise"
Though - it seems that old goal does not cause any problems in game so far. Timmy is coming, but very seldom. But that is by design I am afraid. 3 pumpkins collected so far

I have the recipe, but cannot cook it, if Jimmy won't show up 

I have this same glitch!! I completed the cruise in Halloween edition, but Timmy won't show up. So I dl the original and the exact same thing happened. I'm pretty disappointed. I've switched back to the Halloween ed for now until this is resolved.

I posted over in the bugs section with screen grabs, but no response...

This has been reported.

See current thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86946-Turkey-Cruise-reset)

gracelinda
11-30-15, 06:36 PM
I hardly see Tim turkey. Only have 3 pumpkins... Still can not make the new recipe. It's been a day since I finished the cruise. The pumpkins are too rare for all the effort to complete the cruse quest.

blaud
12-01-15, 07:30 AM
I hardly see Tim turkey. Only have 3 pumpkins... Still can not make the new recipe. It's been a day since I finished the cruise. The pumpkins are too rare for all the effort to complete the cruse quest.
Today I tap on him and it gave me 4 pumpkins. I think he is visiting every 6 hours or so. And the amount of pumpkin he gives is pure luck.

blaud
12-01-15, 07:31 AM
This has been reported.

See current thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86946-Turkey-Cruise-reset)

My quick serves option is not working.

blaud
12-01-15, 07:34 AM
This has been reported.

Cool, thanks catfoodie for this useful hint. I realized that Jimmy came back despite the glitch described above. However I thought, we would have just a few days to cook the new recipe. So, now, I don't need to worry anymore...
@ Patayita: it was the same for me, level 46 now. Also this time I wouldn't have succeeded, if I had not used a handful (around 25) of gems plus 80 helping hands. The last two days are really embarrassing, lots of 2 coin recipes. If then you cannot get into the game very often, you loose. I know your frustration very well!
But don't give up, once you will succeed!!!
Do you know what to do if my quick serve doesn't work?

chrissydid
12-01-15, 08:10 PM
As Xialio said he is just a giant turkey :rolleyes:
Here is the picture:
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26470 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26470)
Thank you!

Is he supposed to give gems? Or just pumpkins? Can anyone explain what finishing the cruise to earn gems actually meant? I finished cruise and have mastered at least to level 1 the new recipes-not pumpkin recipe. Though I have not gotten pumpkins to make recipe, it looks like that gives coins... Where do the gems come from?

catfoodie
12-01-15, 08:32 PM
Thank you!

Is he supposed to give gems? Or just pumpkins? Can anyone explain what finishing the cruise to earn gems actually meant? I finished cruise and have mastered at least to level 1 the new recipes-not pumpkin recipe. Though I have not gotten pumpkins to make recipe, it looks like that gives coins... Where do the gems come from?
If you completed the cruise event and you got Timmy, then you can make the recipe that requires pumpkins. It's not the 2 recipes that you can make on commercial range and diner stove(cheese dip and garlic hassleback potatoes). It's the recipe that you can find on celebration stove that require 4 pumpkins. Here is the pic of the recipe:

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26505 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26505)

Mini Pumpkin Pies drop some gems after you make them (along with some exp, coins and mastery star). So as you can see to make this recipe you need pumpkins from Timmy. When you get 4 you can make a recipe. He drops 1 or more pumpkins at once (it really depends how many he can drop, I think the range is 1-4pumpkins). So it might take couple of days to collect them. I'm not sure how much gems he drops though, so far I cooked it one time and got 1 gem, but the gem drop may vary. I'm also not sure how often he visits, some people said its once a day, some people said its every 6 hours, I personally didn't time it so can't say for sure, maybe other players have more info.

I just want to highlight that on the celebration stove the recipe only says that it gives coins. However, when you make it you suppose to drop some gems!

Hope it helps :>

Rynetory2
12-01-15, 09:21 PM
I am at level 45 but still I have not managed to complete a cruise. I am doing my best and play whenever I can, but I never succeed. So disappointed :(

Understand how you feel... :( I struggled through events until I further upgraded my shops and pantry, then it got better. The event guides and tips from members are very helpful. I hope you will succeed at the next event.

simbalot
12-02-15, 08:45 AM
As long as you get the recipe and cook it at least once Timmy going to be permanent as well as recipe so you don't have to rush to master it! So don't worry!

Thanks again. I can confirm that Timmy dropped 4 pumpkins for me this morning!

raythek14
12-02-15, 02:38 PM
I thought maybe Timmy comes every 6 hours so I set my timer. Nope! Still didn't show up. He's shown up a couple of times but not consistently. Please someone that represents the game tell us when he is supposed to show up. I'm not a rocket scientist but it seems to me by being so vague about his appearance, you are losing customers. Next cruise about half the people don't participate. Seems like a bad business move to me.

kooky panda
12-02-15, 02:56 PM
I thought maybe Timmy comes every 6 hours so I set my timer. Nope! Still didn't show up. He's shown up a couple of times but not consistently. Please someone that represents the game tell us when he is supposed to show up. I'm not a rocket scientist but it seems to me by being so vague about his appearance, you are losing customers. Next cruise about half the people don't participate. Seems like a bad business move to me.
I will try to find out when he is suppose to be coming.
I saw him around 6 am today and he has not been back since. (4 pm now).

kooky panda
12-02-15, 04:43 PM
Timmy the Turkey is suppose to visit every 6-10 hours.

MysticOrchid
12-02-15, 11:44 PM
This is the worse Cruise reward. 1 pumpkin in the long time limit is just a slap in the face.

Obviously TL wants you to buy gems and buy more pumpkins. I can only imagine the next Cruise reward....

catfoodie
12-03-15, 08:42 AM
This is the worse Cruise reward. 1 pumpkin in the long time limit is just a slap in the face.

Obviously TL wants you to buy gems and buy more pumpkins. I can only imagine the next Cruise reward....
Theoretically it should take you like 40 hours tops to get all 4 pumpkins in the worse case scenario where he visits once in 10 hours and drops 1 pumpkin. So it's not even 2 days... And he might drop more than 1 pumpkin at a time (1-4). So you can pretty much make gem rewarding receipt every 2 days or less. How this is bad? I just don't get it...

theywonttakeit
12-03-15, 09:46 AM
I thought I was all done with the cruise but it is telling me I need to complete Stage 6 but have no clue what I'm supposed to do. I have Timmy visiting regularly, have made a few of the pumpkin mini pies, cruise ship long gone with all ten stages completed. Only have six hours left to complete this mystery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

catfoodie
12-03-15, 11:16 AM
I thought I was all done with the cruise but it is telling me I need to complete Stage 6 but have no clue what I'm supposed to do. I have Timmy visiting regularly, have made a few of the pumpkin mini pies, cruise ship long gone with all ten stages completed. Only have six hours left to complete this mystery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Can you post a screenshot? If you have Timmy and made mini pies it suppose to be fine :confused:

FrozenTurtle
12-03-15, 11:24 AM

This can happen if you're accessing the Halloween version. Can you check your regular version to see if you have any issues with this? Thanks!

theywonttakeit
12-03-15, 11:50 AM
This can happen if you're accessing the Halloween version. Can you check your regular version to see if you have any issues with this? Thanks!

This regular game. Deleted Halloween version a couple of days ago. So, this basically a ghost quest and I can ignore it and hope it will ultimately give me my ten gems sometime in the future?

mimiamelia
12-03-15, 01:32 PM
I didn't think the longer wait time for Timmy was unreasonable, since the recipe only takes 4 pumpkin to cook. The last cruise I completed was Alfie the guard(?) or something like that, and even though he visits every 2 hours or so, each recipe needs 12 steak sauce. So if you compare the two, they are about the same.

AnniePMH
12-06-15, 08:23 AM
That's interesting, because my turkey guy visits after 6 hr - 6 hr 30 min. He only comes in after a force close in my game, not while playing continuously.

Edit: Referring to kooky's post about visits after 6 - 10 hrs, quote fell away...

chrissydid
12-06-15, 08:52 AM
Even though I completed the cruise I never received the gem rewards. Too bad as I work hard on them as alternative to buying gems which are so expensive. My cruise steps got stuck and showed me as not having completed level 1 even though I had finished and had the new recipe. (As posted in screen shots to error board) now Timmy comes once a day- first thing in the morning. He has never come more than once.

dollydaydreams1
12-06-15, 04:57 PM
Think that Timmy drops by twice a day in my restaurant. I'm not sure when my cruise ship set sail but I started the quest 2 days late to avoid the last (tough) days falling on the weekend when I'm at work. I've already managed to make Pumpkin Pies four times and collected 5 gems at least :D
I expect these gem recipes are really worth having once you collect a few.

phatzs
12-09-15, 11:16 AM
I'm late to this event but it still says I have 2 days left. Is this event still going on? I can't seem to be able to start on it.