PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 11/19 Update (iOS only) - Thankful Mystery Dinner EXPIRED

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

zaccy678
11-29-15, 12:25 AM
Yes you can only get 20/21 back per day. Ooh, hard decision! Can you afford to skip both?

I realised the wool/rope required is going to trip me up anyway... My 4 little sheep just couldn't keep up with the demand!

Never mind...

SpiritWind00
11-29-15, 12:29 AM
I realised the wool/rope required is going to trip me up anyway... My 4 little sheep just couldn't keep up with the demand!

Never mind...
Oh bother! The horse track also drops rope and the horse shed drops wool. :) here's to next time hey. Meet me at the tavern and I'll buy the drinks.

zaccy678
11-29-15, 12:33 AM
Oh bother! The horse track also drops rope and the horse shed drops wool. :) here's to next time hey. Meet me at the tavern and I'll buy the drinks.

Lol, you're on!

EBJW
11-29-15, 01:30 AM

Don't forget the stables for wool!

Is that worth a glas of wine as well? (red, please!) ;)

absolutely! Anytime... :) SW

seascape9
11-29-15, 04:10 AM
Okay, so I used 20 gems to skip ahead a day to get to the next chapter. I had to get 15 magnifiers and thanks to my neighbors I did and I had all the other stuff. So when I finished that chapter I had all the stuff ready for the next chapter and it is making me wait 48 hours for the next chapter!!! Ridiculous!! Moral of the story . . . don't waste your gems trying to get ahead. Did I miss something???

pinocchiossss
11-29-15, 04:19 AM
Yeah ~~I finished this goal finally ! As I started it late, I use a lot of gems to completed it .... Can anyone tell me what the sapphire use for ? I got two in my inventory , but can't put it out in the kingdom

orchidchick
11-29-15, 05:10 AM
well it doesn't look good for me, I've got 45 minutes left and for some reason only one magnifier from one neighbor (not even Stormie) in the last 12+ hours, even though I collected the first 15 in only a few hours. I used about 400 gems and have 48 or so left to hopefully make up for my shortfall of 2 apple pies but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. This has been the biggest let down to date and if I don't experience a "miracle" in the next half hour then I'm done, time to move on finally and quit the game. I'm a little heartbroken, I've been playing for at least 4 years and this was the one game I held onto mostly because things didn't used to be timed. Now I'm experiencing stress from this game which is the opposite from why I play. Cross your fingers for me...
Peace out✌

orchidchick
11-29-15, 05:24 AM
Tick....tick....under 20 minutes with only 3 magnifiers....it feels like a slow death....

orchidchick
11-29-15, 05:42 AM
Well that's all folks....I didn't make it, I tried hard but since it came down to relying on my neighbors, it was completely out of my control. It's been fun but I guess it's time to move on.

anne202b
11-29-15, 06:58 AM
In 9 houres you will start chapter 5 and you will have 4 days to finish the goal.
24 hours for every chapter you still have: 1 day for chapter 5, 1 day for chapter 6, 1 day for chapter 7 and 1 day for chapter 8.

If you craft what you need and let the conservatories ready, you need only 2 minutes to complete chapter 6 and 8.
For chapter 5 and 7, choose wisely your neighbours and you will be done in few hours.

Thanks, Indryia. It makes more sense now that you've explained it. I appreciate your reply. :)

Sandybellee
11-29-15, 07:03 AM
well it doesn't look good for me, I've got 45 minutes left and for some reason only one magnifier from one neighbor (not even Stormie) in the last 12+ hours, even though I collected the first 15 in only a few hours. I used about 400 gems and have 48 or so left to hopefully make up for my shortfall of 2 apple pies but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. This has been the biggest let down to date and if I don't experience a "miracle" in the next half hour then I'm done, time to move on finally and quit the game. I'm a little heartbroken, I've been playing for at least 4 years and this was the one game I held onto mostly because things didn't used to be timed. Now I'm experiencing stress from this game which is the opposite from why I play. Cross your fingers for me...
Peace out✌

Skipping the Apple pies is 64 gems. Good luck on finishing! I hope you make it.

Edit: just now saw you other post - sorry you didn't make it. :(

anne202b
11-29-15, 07:09 AM
Well that's all folks....I didn't make it, I tried hard but since it came down to relying on my neighbors, it was completely out of my control. It's been fun but I guess it's time to move on.

I'm so sorry you didn't make it. :( I, too, am wondering why it's so hard getting these magnifying glasses. ?? If you've been playing 4 years, I'm sure you have lots of neighbors. Something's strange here in the woods. I'm sending you an invite right now...I play daily and 'do' reply to requests. Good luck in future quests. :)

***I, too, need magnifying glasses. Only 5 replies in about 6 hrs. :( If you're my neighbor...please help. Thanks. xo

roguebee
11-29-15, 07:57 AM
I'm still cleaning out my queue of neighbor requests and it's been at least 2 days since I finished the quest. (I received a sweet feast from the table this morning.) Hopefully, I learned my lesson on handling neighbor requests when there are multiple requests in a single event.

ktorewqas
11-29-15, 08:30 AM
My lesson: send out requests to about 30-40 active neighbors only, wait patiently. The excessive requests should be cleared within 2 days. Then next request task should be easy. I asked for magnifying glasses on Monday and I got two cherry blossom (for the turkey pig tasks) which I sent out the requests out few days earlier, very strange :confused:

Indryia
11-29-15, 09:59 AM
Thanks, Indryia. It makes more sense now that you've explained it. I appreciate your reply. :)

My pleasure.
I sent you an invite. Feel free to send requests.

Lyzau
11-29-15, 10:26 AM
well it doesn't look good for me, I've got 45 minutes left and for some reason only one magnifier from one neighbor (not even Stormie) in the last 12+ hours, even though I collected the first 15 in only a few hours.

I'm really sorry you didn't make it. Something similar happened to me, the counter just wouldn't go up in the quest log, and I thought it was odd as friends were responding to my request. I force closed the app every time this happened and found that upon restarting, the counter had suddenly filled up! I know it's water under the bridge now but next time, don't just blindly trust the quest book counter, and restart the app if you feel the counter isn't ticking.

anne202b
11-29-15, 10:31 AM
My pleasure.
I sent you an invite. Feel free to send requests.

I clicked on the invite request but can't remember the name of your kingdom...

Indryia
11-29-15, 10:34 AM
I clicked on the invite request but can't remember the name of your kingdom...

Secret Garden

anne202b
11-29-15, 11:19 AM
Thanks again, Indryia! Sent a request for the mag glass. Two more to go!!! :)

Indryia
11-29-15, 11:30 AM

Done ! :)

dragoniakingdom
11-29-15, 11:53 AM

Anne if your still on the forums,send me a neighbour request if you wish. Am about to get to bed,but will wait a little to see if I can get those glasses sent to you.

Kingdom name same as shown on here.

hogwart97
11-29-15, 11:59 AM
I'm not understanding this goal. How am I supposed to get Wicked Witches Masque?

meme1098
11-29-15, 12:01 PM
I'm not understanding this goal.

What are you having problems with?

You can always refer to post #2 on the first page to see the goals in each Chapter.

anne202b
11-29-15, 12:03 PM
Done ! :)

Thank you, thank you!!! I'm waiting for Chapt. 6 now. :) Off to decorate the house!

anne202b
11-29-15, 12:05 PM
Anne if your still on the forums,send me a neighbour request if you wish. Am about to get to bed,but will wait a little to see if I can get those glasses sent to you.

Kingdom name same as shown on here.
Thanks, Dragonia. Accepted your request but am done with the glasses. It's always great to have new neighbors...especially those who are active in the game and on the boards. :)

hogwart97
11-29-15, 12:27 PM
26465It hasn't shown goals in days. Everyday I login it invites me to the goal, but there's nothing there, and my table only drops 50 coins.

hogwart97
11-29-15, 12:31 PM
Ok it seems after looking through all the photos I got stuck on the gold nuggets, I remember that, I tried for three days and received no nuggets so I guess the goal expired and I can't go on

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 03:38 AM
I've been stuck on just 2 magnifiers for an hour now in chapter 5. Would it be a problem further on in chapter 7 if I requested magnifiers from all of my neighbors now?

SpiritWind00
11-30-15, 03:42 AM
I've been stuck on just 2 magnifiers for an hour now in chapter 5. Would it be a problem further on in chapter 7 if I requested magnifiers from all of my neighbors now?

no, do it now, but maybe target who you send to... not everyone.

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 03:53 AM
no, do it now, but maybe target who you send to... not everyone.

Ok, thanks! :)

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 05:09 AM
And I got all 15 magnifiers! Yay! I love my neighbors! Thank you all! :)

tuffyjkitten
11-30-15, 08:46 AM
The smaller number of items to request from neighbors was quite helpful. Also I started several days late in order to craft everything ahead of time so each day took me only a few minutes (except request days of course). I love the forum. :D

marykidd
11-30-15, 10:02 AM
During this quest line, I didn't receive any troll tokens? were we supposed to receive any?

CaymanTurtle
11-30-15, 12:15 PM
I just got my first lot of 15 magnifiers. Now I'm at the second request for magnifiers but can't ask my neighbors since I already asked them for help today. So does this mean I can't continue the quest unless I use gems? It ends in 1 hour and 18 minutes.

Really wishing I hadn't started this event.

Indryia
11-30-15, 12:21 PM
I just got my first lot of 15 magnifiers. Now I'm at the second request for magnifiers but can't ask my neighbors since I already asked them for help today. So does this mean I can't continue the quest unless I use gems? It ends in 1 hour and 18 minutes.

Really wishing I hadn't started this event.

Do you have less than 20 neighbours ?

CaymanTurtle
11-30-15, 12:29 PM
Do you have less than 20 neighbours ?

No, I have 40.

Indryia
11-30-15, 12:35 PM
No, I have 40.

You can send requests one time per day and you will receive 20 + Stormie.
Try force close your game, maybe they didnt update yet.
If you dont have your requests, well, maybe your neighbours need some more time to answer ... and to go on , I guess you need to skip with gems

Indryia
11-30-15, 12:48 PM
I sent you an invite. You can send a request.

anurulz
11-30-15, 02:00 PM
Got a sweet feast from the mystery table...Yayee!!!

raaver
11-30-15, 02:09 PM
OK, so I'm at lvl3 and cost to upgrade to lvl 4 is 100gems (10 witch drinks). What will the gem cost be to get to lvl 5? Thx.

Rob

Indryia
11-30-15, 02:14 PM
OK, so I'm at lvl3 and cost to upgrade to lvl 4 is 100gems (10 witch drinks). What will the gem cost be to get to lvl 5? Thx.

Rob

You will get the witch drinks in the end of chapter 4.

You have all the details in post 1 first page of this thread.

If your goal expired, lvl 5 table: 15 Fancy Beam, 6 Builder's Paste, 8 Enchanter's Essence, 10 Unhappy King's Pastry, so I guess another 100 gems for pastries.

raaver
11-30-15, 02:19 PM
Sounds plausible. 150g more to go...

riverly
11-30-15, 04:27 PM

Robif you are still on the timed chapters, there is no reason to skip with gems.

Gardienn
11-30-15, 07:29 PM
My table gave me a mercury feast. I'm pretty happy with that.

GoodyTwoShoes2
11-30-15, 09:06 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't make it. :( I, too, am wondering why it's so hard getting these magnifying glasses. ?? If you've been playing 4 years, I'm sure you have lots of neighbors. Something's strange here in the woods. I'm sending you an invite right now...I play daily and 'do' reply to requests. Good luck in future quests. :)

***I, too, need magnifying glasses. Only 5 replies in about 6 hrs. :( If you're my neighbor...please help. Thanks. xo

I too play daily and have for a few years now, I check my requests every couple of hours. It is VERY strange how I have checked and there are no new requests and I will go visit someone or delete an old message on my wall and SUDDENLY, I have new requests to respond to AND I have ALL the items I had requested and been waiting on FOREVER! I have found the same thing with Restaurant and Bakery. Somehow visiting or deleting a message seems to refresh everything and suddenly I can move ahead. I also have quite a lot of neighbors but I keep track of who asks me for things, who gifts me, who visits me and those are the people I make my requests to. I also learned not to ask everyone, for 15 items, I send 20 to 25 requests and wait awhile. Sometimes I go visit those people who usually respond but have not so I can see if they are currently playing, if anything is written on their wall, etc. Just thought I would add my learning experiences (the hard way) My best neighbors are the ones I found on this forum!!!

GoodyTwoShoes2
11-30-15, 09:08 PM
Oh yes, I also go visit the 1st and 2nd responder and leave a message on their wall thanking them for their quick response! :)

LauraGSJK
12-01-15, 01:48 AM
During this quest line, I didn't receive any troll tokens? were we supposed to receive any?

No, no troll tokens for the Mystery Dinner event. To my knowledge, we only get the tokens during the monster hunt (I think that's what it's called)

I hope that helped. :)

sammiuk
12-01-15, 04:30 AM
I too have been waiting in the mag glasses request round 2 I have two accounts and neither of those fulfilled request are showing up on either account so I know there's a glitch somewhere happening. Not ideal when it's a timed event and it's not working properly

marykidd
12-01-15, 01:21 PM
No, no troll tokens for the Mystery Dinner event. To my knowledge, we only get the tokens during the monster hunt (I think that's what it's called)

I hope that helped. :)

Yes! that answered my question! Thank You for letting me know :)

rulerofjennyville
12-01-15, 03:36 PM
This prize was really worth it to me. I've been getting spicy, sweet and mercury feasts ( I think that's what the troll feast is called) and getting a lot of prizes off the adventures.

garysafb3
12-01-15, 03:51 PM
I too have been waiting in the mag glasses request round 2 I have two accounts and neither of those fulfilled request are showing up on either account so I know there's a glitch somewhere happening. Not ideal when it's a timed event and it's not working properly

Same thing is happening to me. I have 1 more reset to get 5 more glasses. Took 2 days to get 10. It's going to come down to the wire for me to complete. I wish they wouldn't put visiting neighbors multiple times on the same quest.

DeeDeeBird70
12-01-15, 06:57 PM
One thing to keep in mind when requesting from neighbors is where they are living. The time zone you are in and when you make the requests can greatly affect when they see it and can respond. I live near Los Angeles and I'm in Pacific Standard Time, the same as Storm 8. I had opened my first chapter at about 12:45 am. I wanted as much time as possible as I expected the chapters to open at midnight each night. Surprisingly, the chapters opened at 12:45 am. With my first round of 15 magnifiers, I sent out 21 selected requests to my most active neighbors. I got one almost immediately from a neighbor in New Zealand, the rest I had in the next 12 hours. This morning at 12:50 am I sent out for the second set of 15. I don't know where everyone lives but many are in earlier time zones. I had enough when I opened my game at about 10:00 am. Didn't even have to bother Stormy. A while ago I did take the time to go to each neighbor and note if they had or were working on a fairly current event. I probably deleted a third of the list, accumulated over two years.

A huge thank you to my awesome neighbors. ������

jessiefromshimerville
12-01-15, 08:24 PM
I find shutting my tablet off and turning back on fixes the glitch and my neighbor requests come through

Huldadottir
12-02-15, 05:40 AM
In the second post there are the goals.... But not for the last chapter, can anyone tell me the last goals? I am now in the last day, but unfortunately have to go nearly the whole day to a wifi-free zone. So i would love to be prepared.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 05:57 AM
In the second post there are the goals.... But not for the last chapter, can anyone tell me the last goals? I am now in the last day, but unfortunately have to go nearly the whole day to a wifi-free zone. So i would love to be prepared.

The goals are there for chapter 8 on page 1. They are:

Serve 8 apple pies
Visit the conservatory 2 times
Upgrade the table to level 5

Table upgrade requires: 15 fancy beams, 6 builder's paste, 8 enchanter's essence, 10 pastries (you get the pastries as reward from the previous step).

Good luck! :)

littelprincess0313
12-02-15, 11:28 AM
So I really finished the storybook in all 4 accounts even in my baby lv 22. i really hope that the time consuming work is worth it ;)

Smooch1esPlace
12-02-15, 12:55 PM
The masks were never made available to me at level 4. The 8 days are up, should I simply forget about this challenge at this point, ie. Store my dinner table for good?

raaver
12-02-15, 01:29 PM
I'm putting gems into the table to get it to lvl5. However, that might take me a while. Few gems a day will eventually get me meals :)

Rob

SpiritWind00
12-02-15, 06:31 PM
The masks were never made available to me at level 4. The 8 days are up, should I simply forget about this challenge at this point, ie. Store my dinner table for good?

If you have completed the first 3 goals, then you would have received the masks in a pop up box. You only get the masks after you've done all 3 goals. Given there are still a few chapters left and you have 2 neighbour requests to make, deciding whether to store it now or keep going is up to you. You have to use gems to complete the table when the event timer expires.

Chapter 4:
Goal 1 give 6 Golden Nugget (skip 60g)
Goal 2 give 5 Light Armor (skip 15g)
Goal 3 give 5 Longswords (skip 15g)

Lize07
12-02-15, 07:06 PM
I have 1 day left and I'm stuck at 5 magnifying glasses. I and the request to all my neighbors, only got 5. I just read about choosing neighbors. Won't it sent to all of them?

SpiritWind00
12-02-15, 07:18 PM
I have 1 day left and I'm stuck at 5 magnifying glasses. I and the request to all my neighbors, only got 5. I just read about choosing neighbors. Won't it sent to all of them?

If you can, send it to everyone! or if you know those online, target them. Be mindful though that there are limits to receiving requests back and it also depends on when you sent out your last request. good luck!!! :)

Lize07
12-02-15, 07:43 PM
If you can, send it to everyone! or if you know those online, target them. Be mindful though that there are limits to receiving requests back and it also depends on when you sent out your last request. good luck!!! :)

I have send the requests 12 hours ago. I have no other quests going on. What is the max requests I can receive back?

20/21 back... But it also depends on how many other requests your neighbours have received as well as to whether yours went through. That's why 2-5 days later you still get entries in your news feed with requests. Try force closing or reinstalling the app to see if that helps push the numbers along. SW. :)

dipwid
12-02-15, 07:58 PM

I would go ahead and try to complete the table; a random feast every 2 days would be worth it as some feasts take longer to build (at least for me).

Lize07
12-02-15, 08:18 PM
I have force closing a few times. If I remove the game, won't all the information be removed too?
I think I'll just have to wait....

ignore the message about deleting data. You lose nothing as your game progress is stored in the S8 servers. SW

theone2001
12-02-15, 08:46 PM

Lize07 I will send you a neighbor request. I also am waiting for 2 more glasses/clues. accept me as a neighbor then send a request to me. and I will send one to you. thanks

littelprincess0313
12-02-15, 11:31 PM
Lize07 I will send you a neighbor request. I also am waiting for 2 more glasses/clues. accept me as a neighbor then send a request to me. and I will send one to you. thanks

Im gonna do the same from all my 4 accounts I hope that will help :)

CLOVERKAITO
12-03-15, 01:18 AM
For those who didn't finish the table, I think it's still worth it to slowly finish it (you'll have to gem through the special items that you can't craft) as it drops a feast every 2 days. The maximum amount of gems needed is 300 gems for the uncraftable items.

Sandybellee
12-03-15, 02:11 AM
Just finished the quest! Thank you so much to my neighbors and to everyone who shared the steps ahead! Definitely couldn't have made it without you. :)

If anyone still needs magnifiers feel free to add me. I respond to all requests I get as soon as possible.

rulerofjennyville
12-03-15, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lize07

They may have gotten them late. I woke up this morning to a whole bunch of magnifying glass requests. I hit on them all - hopefully they got their tables.

Smooch1esPlace
12-03-15, 12:31 PM
If you have completed the first 3 goals, then you would have received the masks in a pop up box. You only get the masks after you've done all 3 goals. Given there are still a few chapters left and you have 2 neighbour requests to make, deciding whether to store it now or keep going is up to you. You have to use gems to complete the table when the event timer expires.

Chapter 4:
Goal 1 give 6 Golden Nugget (skip 60g)
Goal 2 give 5 Light Armor (skip 15g)
Goal 3 give 5 Longswords (skip 15g)

I've completed all those goals. The only thing close to a pop up is a small icon which says "free item" that shows up under my goals book as my kingdom loads. However, it disappears once the kingdom is loaded and I am able to tap on things. Does that make sense?

meme1098
12-03-15, 01:17 PM
I've completed all those goals. The only thing close to a pop up is a small icon which says "free item" that shows up under my goals book as my kingdom loads. However, it disappears once the kingdom is loaded and I am able to tap on things. Does that make sense?

When you tap to upgrade, they're not showing the 10 masks?

SpiritWind00
12-03-15, 03:36 PM

When you tap to upgrade, they're not showing the 10 masks?
I'll keep an eye out for your response as the masques should be showing 'completed' when you click the upgrade button on the table. Can you post a picture of that screen if you can as well. Thanks. :)

Smooch1esPlace
12-04-15, 08:38 AM
I'll keep an eye out for your response as the masques should be showing 'completed' when you click the upgrade button on the table. Can you post a picture of that screen if you can as well. Thanks. :)

Because I can't figure out how to take a screen shot, I'll list.

When I click upgrade on my table:
7 fancy beam - completed
7 super glue - completed
40 wool - completed
Wicked Witches Masque 0/10

Current Goals:
If You Give A Horse a Skunkupie-Pie
Something There That Wasn't There Before

SpiritWind00
12-04-15, 09:42 PM
Because I can't figure out how to take a screen shot, I'll list.

When I click upgrade on my table:
7 fancy beam - completed
7 super glue - completed
40 wool - completed
Wicked Witches Masque 0/10

Current Goals:
If You Give A Horse a Skunkupie-Pie
Something There That Wasn't There Before
I've asked S8 to check your game. Has the timer expired? Could that be a reason you didn't get the masques?

Smooch1esPlace
12-05-15, 11:36 AM
I've asked S8 to check your game. Has the timer expired? Could that be a reason you didn't get the masques?

Yes. The timer has expired, but I seem to remember it not being expired yet when I was waiting for the masques. In the end, if it turns out that the masques never came because of the expiration, that is fine. Sorry to be such a nag. Thank you for all the help.