PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving County Fair - Nov 18 2015

Rynetory2
11-18-15, 07:53 PM
Thanksgiving County Fair

Join us on Nov 18 at 2:30 PM PST to win great event prizes! This is an IOS event. Farm Story 2 version 2.0+. Your farm needs to be level 10 and above to participate. Your event will automatically starts on Nov 21 at 7:20 pm PST if you don't start it. It will end in 10 days, counting from the day it starts.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26123

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26124

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26127

Getting Started
This is a 10 days event. Day 1 starts at goal reset time or when you click start. Subsequent days start at game reset time, midnight PST. Complete all 10 days to win a Thankful Cat.

How to play
For each day, you will need to fulfill the required number acorns / X gem orders. E.g. Day 1, you need to fulfil orders of 75 gems. You can get acorns by buying the Fall Tree Boost or sending orders.

The 3 orders on your screen are like our deliveries. The acorns below each order indicate the gem value of the order. Orders with more acorns has a higher value than than those with lesser acorns; enabling you to progress and complete your goal day faster.

Get those farm items for your order either by buying or crafting and click deliver. Once delivered, you will get a new order immediately. If you discard the order, it takes 30 mins to refresh. You have 24 hours to fulfill the orders for the day, except for Day 1 depending when you start your fair.

If you fulfil your orders of the day earlier, the order screen will be lock and you have to wait for the next day to start. While you wait for next day, you can prepare the order items shown. When the new goal day starts at game reset time, your orders will be ready to go all at once.

Complete the orders each day to get the prize of the day and also eligibility to proceed to the next day. Your aim is to get to Day 10 which holds the grand prize Thankful Cat.

Event Prizes
Your event prizes may differ as event prizes are according to farm levels.

Day 1 requires 75 gems - Pilgrim Scarecrow / coins
Day 2 requires 150 gems - Pilgrim Cow (skin)
Day 3 requires 200 gems - Festive Bakery (skin)
Day 4 requires 250 gems - Rustic Tractor / 20 gems
Day 5 requires 250 gems - Pilgrim Chicken (skin)
Day 6 requires 300 gems - Festive Dairy (skin)
Day 7 requires 300 gems - Pilgrim Pig (skin)
Day 8 requires 400 gems - Pilgrim Sheep (skin)
Day 9 requires 501 gems - Festive Farmhouse (skin)
Day 10 requires 600 gems - Thankful Cat

Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar upon completion of each goal day. You need to purchase a cat bungalow for your Thankful Cat if you don't have one.

Turkeys & Turkey Crossing sign
You will see turkeys appearing randomly on your farm. Click on them to collect treats. They are kinda small so you will need to be of lookout for them. For those who bought the Turkey Crossing sign, you will get turkeys more frequently. The Turkey Crossing sign will become a decoration upon the completion of this event.

Tips:
(1) Before you submit your last order for the day, ensure that your new orders for the next day are doable. Refresh it till you get a doable order or an order with more acorns (to hasten your progress for the next day). Once you submit your last order for the day, your screen is lock, you can't refresh until the new day starts.

(2) Ensure your machines are free at each reset so you can craft the order items for the new day, if need be.

Note:
Using gems to speed through the days doesn't help if you speed up a few days in between. Unless you speed through all days, the game will force you back to the original 10 day schedule. So either speed through all goal days to the completion of your Day 10 or not at all. The last few days, usually the last 2 days, will be more challenging days. Thus if you want to speed, its best you do so then.

Have fun and Good luck Everyone! :)

Fall Tree Boost
To get more acorns, you can buy this Fall Tree and collect from it every 2 hours.
Note: Once you have completed your orders for the day, the trees are lock since you have acquired the required acorns for the day and extra acorns do not carry over to next goal day. You can start collecting from your tree at the next goal day.

When you purchase a Boost, you enable one of the Fall Trees in your event space. Scroll over to check it out and collect your Acorns! :)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26125

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26126

Rynetory2
11-18-15, 07:59 PM
Event pics

aviona0423
11-18-15, 08:44 PM
Is this like the Country Fair Pig that you can only get 1 prize a day?

Rynetory2
11-18-15, 08:59 PM
Is this like the Country Fair Pig that you can only get 1 prize a day?

Yes it is. You get your cat upon completing Day 10.

bss0226
11-18-15, 09:01 PM
Also, remember.... Do not use gems to speed up the days.... If you do so, you will have to wait the extra day before you get the next prize or have to speed up again with even more gems. Those that did this in the previous event were very disappointed and had to use tons of gems to complete or wait many days until their next goal was available.

aviona0423
11-18-15, 09:02 PM
Yes it is. You get your cat upon completing Day 10.

Oh yeah. Thanks! I just got my scarecrow! Haha. I have to wait for the next day for the next one.

3cala
11-18-15, 09:03 PM
Also, remember.... Do not use gems to speed up the days.... If you do so, you will have to wait the extra day before you get the next prize or have to speed up again with even more gems. Those that did this in the previous event were very disappointed and had to use tons of gems to complete or wait many days until their next goal was available.

Toto late, already wasted 5 :-/
I wanted to speed it up because this is going to be a difficult goal to complete

I have only seen the turkey once, on day 1

raissawinda
11-18-15, 09:08 PM
Event pics

awww finally an event rynetory2! :p

dizzle507
11-18-15, 09:28 PM

Was looking at my new items for sale, and saw this Turkey crossing sign. When you hit info it says that more turkeys will appear if you purchase it. I haven't seen any turkeys on the farm yet. Anyone seen one and can advise what they do???

alish00
11-18-15, 09:34 PM

Was looking at my new items for sale, and saw this Turkey crossing sign. When you hit info it says that more turkeys will appear if you purchase it. I haven't seen any turkeys on the farm yet. Anyone seen one and can advise what they do???

Dizzle I do not have the sign but have 1 turkey and got 2 quiches

Rynetory2
11-18-15, 09:37 PM
awww finally an event rynetory2! :p

Your dream came true! :)

dizzle507
11-18-15, 09:41 PM
My day 5 prize also appears to be gems, instead of a tractor

dizzle507
11-18-15, 09:43 PM
Dizzle I do not have the sign but have 1 turkey and got 2 quiches

thanks

Rynetory2
11-18-15, 09:51 PM
Event Information
The event info is posted on post #1. If I miss out anything, pls let me know. :)

For this event, I have decided not to include the gem value of the orders as I think most players dont count base on feedback from last fair event and the value varies according to levels. But if you do feel the need for it, pls request. I'll add in.

For players new to this delivery type event, pls read event info and post here if you have any questions. We have fellow players here to help.

Rynetory2
11-18-15, 09:59 PM
My day 5 prize also appears to be gems, instead of a tractor

Can you force shut your game and see if it remains gems after it starts? If its still gems, whats your FS2 version and farm level? Thanks.

dizzle507
11-18-15, 10:27 PM
Can you force shut your game and see if it remains gems after it starts? If its still gems, whats your FS2 version and farm level? Thanks.

I forced quit, and it's still gems. I'm level 37, couple 100 away from 38, playing on iphone. Don't see any updates available in App Store. I don't mind, I'll take the gems, hope it's 1000:D

Ah, saw this after I clicked on the locked link, it's only 20

Rynetory2
11-18-15, 10:32 PM
I forced quit, and it's still gems. I'm level 37, couple 100 away from 38, playing on iphone. Don't see any updates available in App Store. I don't mind, I'll take the gems, hope it's 1000:D

The latest update is FS2 2.1. I'll check on this issue and get back. Thanks for your feedback. Good luck with your event. :)

generalmadness
11-18-15, 11:50 PM
I got a pair of cheeses from one turkey, then what looked like a yellow dart from the dart game from the second.

generalmadness
11-19-15, 12:27 AM
Has anyone bought the Turkey Crossing sign? It seems to me that the turkey is showing up less frequently than the Cupid or ghost visitors did. I have only gotten two of them, so it's hard to know if the sign would be worth it.

What have you guys gotten from the turkey?

aviona0423
11-19-15, 12:49 AM
I have yet to see a turkey.. 😩😩😩

howardsend
11-19-15, 05:00 AM
I have gotten a dart and a ticket so far. Didn't know I should be looking for turkeys, so not sure how often they show up. Stumbled across them while moving between things.

dizzle507
11-19-15, 05:58 AM
aviona0423 (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?186316-aviona0423)
http://forums.storm8.com/images/statusicon/user-offline.png
Host(ess)Join DateSep 2015Posts27

I have yet to see a turkey.. ������

Me either........oh well

tuffyjkitten
11-19-15, 06:03 AM
My prizes are different too....I have gems and no tractor. Level 35.

I saw a turkey this morning...he gave me 100 coins.

FurnasFarms
11-19-15, 08:17 AM
I think the turkey is like the ghost in the Halloween event that randomly appeared where there was empty space. I got a balloon ticket! I'm going to fill up my farm to see if I can spot him more easily.

driver1711
11-19-15, 10:25 AM
I think the turkey is like the ghost in the Halloween event that randomly appeared where there was empty space. I got a balloon ticket! I'm going to fill up my farm to see if I can spot him more easily.If those are balloon tickets, where do they go? I think I have collected two. I have not expanded to the balloon yet. I am level 60.

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 10:49 AM
If those are balloon tickets, where do they go? I think I have collected two. I have not expanded to the balloon yet. I am level 60.

You will only be able to see/redeem these tickets at the balloon site. See this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71572-Hot-Air-Balloon-(iOS-only)) for more info. You can see the screens on first page.

alish00
11-19-15, 12:12 PM
I got a few darts from the turkeys do I have to use them before time runs out and the balloons refill or will they just add to the 3 free i get? Thanks

jed1066
11-19-15, 01:04 PM
I got the turkey crossing sign I have seen about 6 turkeys today mainly when butterfly, mole and otter appear I got a yellow dart , ticket for hot air balloon , 2 biscuits and 2 cheese . I play two farms in my (big farm )level 60 I got a tractor for day 4 but in my (little farm) L37 I got gems for day 4 . I play on iphone5s for my little farm .
Is this because I'm on different levels for the game

jed1066
11-19-15, 01:11 PM
Just checked I'm on 2.1 version of farmstory2 and 9.1 software on both devices

TeabytheSea3
11-19-15, 01:16 PM
I am sorry to ask the same question again, but I don't fully understand how the fall tree boost works. I actually purchased it yesterday thinking it was a tree to place on my farm...like the extra gem ice cream truck or the extra gem witches house. So when I logged in today to do the second day's event, there was an acorn over one of the event area trees. I clicked on the acorn & my meter filled to 12% for my orders filled today. Is this because I purchased the boost? Will I get an advantage every day of the event? Again, I'm sorry to ask again, but my game crashed last night & I had no way of knowing what the boost gave me. Also, I had purchased it after I had already filled the first day's worth of orders. I just want to understand what I spent those gems on. Thanks again. :)

alish00
11-19-15, 01:18 PM
I was wondering that myself tea.. If I spent all those gems for nothing...:confused:

TeabytheSea3
11-19-15, 01:43 PM
I was wondering that myself tea.. If I spent all those gems for nothing...:confused:

I'm glad I'm not alone in not understanding this. I actually clicked on it by mistake when it popped up.

goldendj9
11-19-15, 01:50 PM
Anyone know what the payout for the different acorn levels are?

Trying to find out what 5 acorns gives you on days 1&2.

tan29573
11-19-15, 02:01 PM
Anyone know what the payout for the different acorn levels are?

Trying to find out what 5 acorns gives you on days 1&2.

A 5 acorn delivery filled up 60% of the meter for me on day 1.

shedenh
11-19-15, 02:52 PM
I am sorry to ask the same question again, but I don't fully understand how the fall tree boost works. I actually purchased it yesterday thinking it was a tree to place on my farm...like the extra gem ice cream truck or the extra gem witches house. So when I logged in today to do the second day's event, there was an acorn over one of the event area trees. I clicked on the acorn & my meter filled to 12% for my orders filled today. Is this because I purchased the boost? Will I get an advantage every day of the event? Again, I'm sorry to ask again, but my game crashed last night & I had no way of knowing what the boost gave me. Also, I had purchased it after I had already filled the first day's worth of orders. I just want to understand what I spent those gems on. Thanks again. :)
You collect from the tree every 2 hours.

TeabytheSea3
11-19-15, 03:53 PM
You collect from the tree every 2 hours.

Really? I have not seen anything like that available all day on my farm. The 2 trees that are part of the Thanksgiving County Fair set up have had nothing over them all day except first thing this morning when part 2 went live. When I tap on either tree, they are asking if I want to get ahead by spending 10 gems to do so. I'm thinking my boost did not work like it should have, but I don't know for sure.

Lenkapon
11-19-15, 05:30 PM
So ... I'm a low level player and the prizes appeared different. The day1 is 2000 coins and day 5 is gems instead of a tractor.

travelingtraveler
11-19-15, 06:27 PM
I got a few darts from the turkeys do I have to use them before time runs out and the balloons refill or will they just add to the 3 free i get? Thanks

The darts do not rollover. I got a dart and when the tree house reset my extra dart was gone

Rainstorms45
11-19-15, 06:45 PM
How do u get this? I have no mention of this on my game..... im level 15

PookieBear50
11-19-15, 06:46 PM
Pardon me for asking, but what exactly is the role of the turkeys in this event? During the Halloween event we got upgrade parts or candies from the ghost, but that doesn't exactly apply in this event. Are they just to provide us with random prizes (so far I've gotten one dart--lost, like travelingtraveler's, one ruby, and 2 quiche)?

alish00
11-19-15, 07:28 PM
The darts do not rollover. I got a dart and when the tree house reset my extra dart was gone

Thanks.. I just noticed I lost 2.. Will use them right away next time!!:(

ghjvcucjb
11-19-15, 08:40 PM
Activated the event today but am unable to get the bonus tree. Please advise me on how to get it before it goes up in price. Also, have not seen one turkey yet. Am I doing something wrong? TIA

3cala
11-19-15, 10:15 PM
A 5 acorn delivery filled up 60% of the meter for me on day 1.

The acorn doesn't do anything for me

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 10:19 PM

If you have more than 3 darts, they carry over to the next day but you do not get 3 free darts.
If you have 3 or less darts, you get 3 free darts every new day.

You can check the Tree House thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71565-iOS-Pipers-Tree-House-Game/page54) for more info and if you have more questions regarding darts or tree house, you can post more questions there. Thanks.

How do u get this? I have no mention of this on my game..... im level 15

I am checking on this. But basing on previous events, you need to be of levels 16-19, varying for each event. IMHO If you are very close to level 16, you may like try to level up in the mean time. Good luck.

Pardon me for asking, but what exactly is the role of the turkeys in this event? During the Halloween event we got upgrade parts or candies from the ghost, but that doesn't exactly apply in this event. Are they just to provide us with random prizes (so far I've gotten one dart--lost, like travelingtraveler's, one ruby, and 2 quiche)?

I'm checking on this. But my guess is S8 is giving us Thanksgiving treats (coins, crafts, tree house darts, balloon tickets) during this event to help. We can use those items if/when our orders ask for it or use the coins to buy items. As for darts and balloon tickets, they are good for tree house and balloon prizes.

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 10:36 PM
Really? I have not seen anything like that available all day on my farm. The 2 trees that are part of the Thanksgiving County Fair set up have had nothing over them all day except first thing this morning when part 2 went live. When I tap on either tree, they are asking if I want to get ahead by spending 10 gems to do so. I'm thinking my boost did not work like it should have, but I don't know for sure.

Try collecting from your acorn tree when new goal day starts. Collect the same way you did previously. You can collect every 2 hours. The acorns collected from the tree helps to fufill the number of required acorns for each goal day. Delivering those orders also gives you acorns. Hope this helps.

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 11:16 PM
Activated the event today but am unable to get the bonus tree. Please advise me on how to get it before it goes up in price. Also, have not seen one turkey yet. Am I doing something wrong? TIA

Can you click on the acorn tree on your fair space? You should be able to purchase the acorn tree. Thanks.

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 11:16 PM
For those wondering why their event prizes are different from others, do note that the prizes are according to your farm level.

ghjvcucjb
11-20-15, 12:08 AM
Can you click on the acorn tree on your fair space? You should be able to purchase the acorn tree. Thanks.

When I click on them, they say done for the day. My new day starts in an hour and a half (10:30 pm ugh) so will try it then. Thanks

Can someone explain the turkeys to me? I have yet to see one

jed1066
11-20-15, 12:57 AM
I have won 4 darts so far 1 yesterday before reset time it didn't show on counter before reset so I thought it was in collection box ,2 after reset time which only one showed I now has 4 prizes revealed (3 free darts 1 won )I just won another dart nothing showed again in treehouse . When I see the turkey I pop him and I win a dart go to the treehouse no dart . I still have 13 hours to go till reset time.
Is this a fault pls?

Rynetory2
11-20-15, 01:37 AM
I have won 4 darts so far 1 yesterday before reset time it didn't show on counter before reset so I thought it was in collection box ,2 after reset time which only one showed I now has 4 prizes revealed (3 free darts 1 won )I just won another dart nothing showed again in treehouse . When I see the turkey I pop him and I win a dart go to the treehouse no dart . I still have 13 hours to go till reset time.
Is this a fault pls?

Sorry about that! You should be able to see the last dart you won from the turkey in your tree house. Can you force shut your game, start and see if it counted? Sometimes the dart appears slower if connection is poor.

FYI
If you have more than 3 darts, they carry over to the next reset but you do not get 3 free darts.
If you have 3 or less darts, you get 3 free darts every new reset.

To add:

Is there anyone else getting darts and not counted in tree house?

raissawinda
11-20-15, 03:09 AM
i've been playing for 3 days and only 1 turkey i have seen so far. he gave me two corn cakes. how many times does he actually pop up at our farm every day? i wish to receive darts and other stuff too. :)

jed1066
11-20-15, 05:52 AM
Sorry about that! You should be able to see the last dart you won from the turkey in your tree house. Can you force shut your game, start and see if it counted? Sometimes the dart appears slower if connection is poor.

FYI
If you have more than 3 darts, they carry over to the next reset but you do not get 3 free darts.
If you have 3 or less darts, you get 3 free darts every new reset.

To add:

Is there anyone else getting darts and not counted in tree house?
I have force closed the game but the dart still hasn't shown I still have 8 hours left until day reset

Rynetory2
11-20-15, 06:29 AM
I have force closed the game but the dart still hasn't shown I still have 8 hours left until day reset

Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

jed1066
11-20-15, 08:28 AM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

Thankyou just emailed them now and got a ticket number ��

RobsAngel91214
11-20-15, 08:54 AM
Does anyone have a ring and earrings to sell me?? I need them to complete today. Been watching the newspaper but can't find any :(

RobsAngel91214
11-20-15, 09:12 AM
Also my day 4 prize is gems just like others have said I have no tractor. I'm Level 28. Also haven't seen any turkey. Do they pop up when the butterflies do like the ghosts did??

eucom
11-20-15, 10:09 AM
I have 3 devices......haven't seen a turkey yet. As for the boost tree, I've only been able to collect 2 times and it was a day between the collection not 2 hours. I only purchased (by accident) it on one device. I don't think I'll get it for the others. It might be helpful at the end, but Not now.

ghjvcucjb
11-20-15, 10:30 AM
BE AWARE EVERYONE: started the event yesterday and finished in a few hours. Decided to buy the boost at 50% off before the offer expired but the game wouldn't allow me to buy stating I was finished for the day. My second day opened at 10 pm last night and allowed me to buy the boost tree. I was able to collect once then finished my second day out. I no longer am able to collect from my boost tree. If states I'm done for the day. NO 2 hour collecting for me. Waste of gems. If you want to keep collecting from the tree do NOT finish for the day. Save your last turn in just before your new day opens or you'll be out of luck

[] If a tree says collect every two hours then you should be able to collect every two hours!

noemata
11-20-15, 10:47 AM
If anyone is looking for that elusive turkey, this is what it looks like....happy hunting!!! :)

ghjvcucjb
11-20-15, 11:13 AM
So what is being done about the bonus tree that doesn't give bonuses that we've spent gems on?

Rynetory2
11-20-15, 11:17 AM
BE AWARE EVERYONE: started the event yesterday and finished in a few hours. Decided to buy the boost at 50% off before the offer expired but the game wouldn't allow me to buy stating I was finished for the day. My second day opened at 10 pm last night and allowed me to buy the boost tree. I was able to collect once then finished my second day out. I no longer am able to collect from my boost tree. If states I'm done for the day. NO 2 hour collecting for me. Waste of gems. If you want to keep collecting from the tree do NOT finish for the day. Save your last turn in just before your new day opens or you'll be out of luck

[] If a tree says collect every two hours then you should be able to collect every two hours!

I think you already knew that any extra acorns gained will not be carried over to the next day. So even if the game allows you to collect after you have completed your day, theres no point in doing so since you have completed it. The Fall Tree Boost is helpful when one has difficulties sending orders to complete the day. Since we are in the early days of event, the acorns required are lesser. It gets tougher towards the end, so it may be more useful for you then. :)

ghjvcucjb
11-20-15, 11:33 AM
I think you already knew that any extra acorns gained will not be carried over to the next day. So even if the game allows you to collect after you have completed your day, theres no point in doing so since you have completed it. The Fall Tree Boost is helpful when one has difficulties sending orders to complete the day. Since we are in the early days of event, the acorns required are lesser. It gets tougher towards the end, so it may be more useful for you then. :)
That's presumptuous of you to think I know anything about an event that just started. So there's no confusion 1. No I didn't know acorns don't carry over. The advertisement stated collecting from the BONUS tree every two hours with no contingencies attached. Unless otherwise specified, how would we know? 2. No I don't even know what acorns carrying over to the next day is in regards to 3. I have no idea how this has anything to do with whether or not you can collect from the bonus tree every two hours or not. 4. All of this should be made clear in the description, including that collecting stops once a day is closed out.

Since I can't seem to get a direct answer I'm going to presume what is being said to me is what I stated in my previous post, the bonus tree only works as long as your day is still open.

Rynetory2
11-20-15, 11:59 AM
That's presumptuous of you to think I know anything about an event that just started. So there's no confusion 1. No I didn't know acorns don't carry over. The advertisement stated collecting from the BONUS tree every two hours with no contingencies attached. Unless otherwise specified, how would we know? 2. No I don't even know what acorns carrying over to the next day is in regards to 3. I have no idea how this has anything to do with whether or not you can collect from the bonus tree every two hours or not. 4. All of this should be made clear in the description, including that collecting stops once a day is closed out.

Since I can't seem to get a direct answer I'm going to presume what is being said to me is what I stated in my previous post, the bonus tree only works as long as your day is still open.

Both of us had a forum discussion on whether the gem values were carried over, you posted that they didnt. That was why I said I think you already knew. I found our discussion posts from the County Fair event thread.

As for your feedback on the advertisement, I'll pass along your feedback to the team. Thanks. Good luck with your event. :)

Then let's hope it stays that way. It makes things much easier. I'll find out tonight when my new day opens up. I loaded a 5 ribbon item to finish out the day but only needed a few gems. So hopefully when the new day unlocks for me, the progress bar will already have something filled.It's worth rechecking again. My Day 2 progress bar started at 100% although I had surplus from previous. Thanks.

I can confirm that the extra gem value does NOT carry over to the next day. That means that if your progress bar only has a few gems left to finish and you load a high blue ribbon item(s) you will lose out on the extra value. It's only important if you are finding it hard to get items like truffle pizzas and you don't want to waste them on only 7 more gems to finish out the day.

alish00
11-20-15, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have a ring and earrings to sell me?? I need them to complete today. Been watching the newspaper but can't find any :(

Still need these I have plenty.. Id alish00 ....farm name is Limeys farm

alish00
11-20-15, 07:27 PM
Dang it lost another dart.. Hit the turkey right before I went into the tree house.. Lost 3 already.. Have to be a better way with those?!? They shouldn't dissappear like that from the treehouse..:mad:

raissawinda
11-20-15, 09:08 PM
Dang it lost another dart.. Hit the turkey right before I went into the tree house.. Lost 3 already.. Have to be a better way with those?!? They shouldn't dissappear like that from the treehouse..:mad:

use those darts right away in my opinion. i read something about those darts in this thread, they will not be carried over to the next day. different thing when you purchase darts from the tree itself, excess darts will be carried over to the next day but 3 free darts we usually get from the tree will not be added to our excess darts if they are more than 3.

lnztrekfan
11-20-15, 09:37 PM
Can anyone tell me when this event has to be started by? I have a ten day cruise in restaurant story and a ten day dragon tales event and it is all going on at the same time. I'm trying to coordinate so that my last and hardest days aren't all on the same day. Thank you in advance for your response. :)

minidemon88
11-21-15, 01:31 AM
They released some of the prizes from last year Thanksgiving event. This is what I saw on sales directly in the market on my android device. Get it fast if you want! Note the timer. :)

Pilgrim Dog
Pilgrim Cat
Autumn Planter: 50 gems
Potted Sunflower: 50 gems
Lucas's Float: 150 gems
Fall Parade Stage: 100 gems
Piper's Float: 150 gems
Pilgrim Planter: 30 gems
Fall Parade Bikes: 100 gems

Sorry, I maxed out on my dogs and cats so couldn't see the prices for both. =x iOS didn't get this but a value pack offer instead. No direct sale available for us. Bleh! The autumn planter and potter sunflower is something new which I've not seen before.

minidemon88
11-21-15, 01:45 AM
I bet someone caught the turkey and roasted it! As it rarely appear on my farm. =.=" You know the turkey crossing sign is cute, but not 100 gems cute though. I may probably consider getting one for fun, if it's half price. Lol xD

As for the free dart drop from the turkey, it's best to use it straightaway before your tree house game reset. That's how I missed out on one of the free dart, my tree house game reset and then it's gone.

Rynetory2
11-21-15, 03:33 AM
Can anyone tell me when this event has to be started by? I have a ten day cruise in restaurant story and a ten day dragon tales event and it is all going on at the same time. I'm trying to coordinate so that my last and hardest days aren't all on the same day. Thank you in advance for your response. :)

I am not sure when this event ends as I didnt get the popup notification. I started all my events (FS2 and other stories) 1 day apart so they wouldnt end on the same day. Perhaps you like to do with 1 or 2 days apart, depending how many stories you have. Hope this helps.

Rynetory2
11-21-15, 03:37 AM
Update on Turkeys

The turkeys are part of this event whereby they give us treats to help. They are kinda small so we need to be of lookout for them. For those who bought the Turkey Crossing sign, you will get turkeys more frequently. The Turkey Crossing sign will become a decoration upon the completion of this event.

Have fun spotting your turkeys! :)

I missed out the gem values for Day 2 and 3, if anyone has info, please post. Thanks.

Event Prizes

Day 2 requires ? gems - Pilgrim Cow (skin)
Day 3 requires ? gems - Festive Bakery (skin)

generalmadness
11-21-15, 01:30 PM
Turkey, turkey,
Where you lurky?
Bought the sign,
So where is mine?
Farmers take heed,
Turkey can't read!

sloebear
11-21-15, 01:57 PM
Just wondering - what level does a player need to be in order to get the tractor instead of gems? My friend wants the tractor but he is only level 35. Even so, needing to be higher than level 35 just for a decoration seems a little odd.

Also, it says the tractor is worth 85 gems, yet if you aren't high enough level you only get 20 gems for it? That doesn't seem at all fair to me :(

raissawinda
11-21-15, 04:04 PM
Turkey, turkey,
Where you lurky?
Bought the sign,
So where is mine?
Farmers take heed,
Turkey can't read!

LOL i am not good at making poem, but i really wish to catch a turkey anytime soon too. perhaps the turkey will pop up more frequently in two or three days before this event ends just to help us finish the more difficult deliveries. stay positive (in desperation on finding the turkey) :cool:

k6tchr
11-21-15, 04:08 PM
Mine also are counting in the treehouse. I have gotten two already and neither showed up.

bss0226
11-21-15, 05:52 PM

Use them, they'll disappear when game refreshes if you have 3 or less darts

alish00
11-21-15, 07:30 PM
Use them, they'll disappear when game refreshes if you have 3 or less darts

Thanks. I didn't the first 2 but the third I did but my treehouse must have reset so it didn't carry over.. If I see a turkey I go into my treehouse first if it's going to be about the time it resets...

PookieBear50
11-21-15, 09:05 PM
Just a question...was the Fall Cottage that appears in the Event area a decoration from one of last year's events? Or are some players having it show up as a prize but not others (like some are showing gems instead of the Rustic Tractor)?

Rynetory2
11-22-15, 01:06 AM

RobsAngel91214
11-22-15, 09:15 AM
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but there is a glitch in both my restaurant story 2 and this game that keep kicking me out when I click the event areas to send deliveries. I just lost 4 catfish that I purchased and have lost about 200-300 coins as well. That's just on Farm Story. On Restaurant Story 2 I have to start over cooking food I already had started sometimes even have to re-purchase ingredients. It's getting really frustrating. Please help. :(

Rynetory2
11-22-15, 09:54 AM
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but there is a glitch in both my restaurant story 2 and this game that keep kicking me out when I click the event areas to send deliveries. I just lost 4 catfish that I purchased and have lost about 200-300 coins as well. That's just on Farm Story. On Restaurant Story 2 I have to start over cooking food I already had started sometimes even have to re-purchase ingredients. It's getting really frustrating. Please help. :(

Sorry about that. Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your games.

If you have further questions pertaining to this issue, pls post in current thread: Constant crashing after turkey event started (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86667-Constant-crashing-after-turkey-event-started&p=1210154#post1210154). Thanks.

JojoMoonflower
11-22-15, 02:57 PM
I am on level 26 of FS2 Sweet Retreat version 2.1.9.1. I haven't received any notification of this event. Is there anything I can do so that I can participate? Thanks.

kooky panda
11-22-15, 03:07 PM
I am on level 26 of FS2 Sweet Retreat version 2.1.9.1. I haven't received any notification of this event. Is there anything I can do so that I can participate? Thanks.
You are currently playing on an outdated version.(1.9.1) Please download the regular Farm 2 game. Version 2.1.

JojoMoonflower
11-22-15, 03:26 PM
You are currently playing on an outdated version.(1.9.1) Please download the regular Farm 2 game. Version 2.1.

Ok will do it. Thanks for quick response.

PookieBear50
11-22-15, 04:07 PM
Just a heads-up...if you have hearts floating above your machines because your visitors tapped them, but you can't find the usual minimum of 5 hearts, try checking any building with acorns floating over them. If they're sparkling, it is because THOSE are the buildings that got tapped, only because of the acorn, the heart doesn't show up.

Rynetory2
11-23-15, 01:02 AM

Em_storm
11-23-15, 07:34 AM
Turkey, turkey,
Where you lurky?
Bought the sign,
So where is mine?
Farmers take heed,
Turkey can't read!

That explains it, lol!

When the turkey did happen by yesterday evening, he dropped a pink ticket. It looked like an admission ticket but pink. I didn't have time to grab a screen shot. It doesn't show up in my inventory and I have no clue what it would be for. Thoughts, anyone?

Rynetory2
11-23-15, 07:55 AM
That explains it, lol!

When the turkey did happen by yesterday evening, he dropped a pink ticket. It looked like an admission ticket but pink. I didn't have time to grab a screen shot. It doesn't show up in my inventory and I have no clue what it would be for. Thoughts, anyone?

The pink ticket is a balloon ticket. You can see it on your balloon screen. However, if you have not expanded to the balloon yet, you won't be able to see it. You can check the Hot Air Balloon (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71572-Hot-Air-Balloon-(iOS-only)) thread for more information on balloon.

Em_storm
11-23-15, 08:02 AM
The pink ticket is a balloon ticket. You can see it on your balloon screen. However, if you have not expanded to the balloon yet, you won't be able to see it. You can check the Hot Air Balloon (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71572-Hot-Air-Balloon-(iOS-only)) thread for more information on balloon.

Thank you!! I have not yet expanded there, so that explains it.

Annica5
11-23-15, 09:25 AM
The hens are cute in their bonnets but 2 out of 8 became invisible, just their shadows on the ground show that they're still there. Would have guessed they ran away and joined the turkey otherwise, as he is also invisible. Isn't he? ;)

dizzle507
11-23-15, 09:28 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like these are taking more orders to complete, than the country fair event? It seems like I have been turning in a lot of more orders and it takes forever for the meter to fill, than it did with country fair.

Mitzi111
11-23-15, 07:32 PM
Thanks. I didn't the first 2 but the third I did but my treehouse must have reset so it didn't carry over.. If I see a turkey I go into my treehouse first if it's going to be about the time it resets...

OH NO I won 3 darts and 'thought' I was saving them. UGH they are gone. ?

alish00
11-23-15, 07:33 PM
OH NO I won 3 darts and 'thought' I was saving them. UGH they are gone. ?

If UR treehouse reset yes they R gone... Use them asap.. And if it's close to the time of reset go into the treehouse before hitting that wild turkey!!

shedenh
11-23-15, 07:57 PM
Did anybody else get a notice on the Turkey crossing bringing Turkey every 5 min. If this is true I might get it. Can anyone verify this?

jed1066
11-24-15, 12:06 AM
Yes I got the pop up , I have the turkey crossing sign but I have not seen a turkey today , so they are definitely not appearing every 5 minutes or even when the butterflies, otter and mole appear .

Rynetory2
11-24-15, 01:14 AM

Mitzi111
11-24-15, 05:24 AM
If UR treehouse reset yes they R gone... Use them asap.. And if it's close to the time of reset go into the treehouse before hitting that wild turkey!!

thx 4 info alish00 I will be careful from now on. just hate that I lost 3 darts. : (

shedenh
11-24-15, 08:31 AM
Yes I got the pop up , I have the turkey crossing sign but I have not seen a turkey today , so they are definitely not appearing every 5 minutes or even when the butterflies, otter and mole appear .

Well guess that is false advertising . Unless he hides really well!

jed1066
11-24-15, 10:01 AM
Well guess that is false advertising . Unless he hides really well!

I have lots of open spaces on my farms , when the butterflies, otter and mole appear I look inch by inch over my farms 3-4 times still no Turkey found

generalmadness
11-24-15, 12:32 PM
That little effer is definitely not showing up every five minutes. Definitely less frequent than the ghost appears with the crystal ball.

alish00
11-24-15, 03:34 PM
thx 4 info alish00 I will be careful from now on. just hate that I lost 3 darts. : (

U and me both Mitzi!!:(

chibigigi
11-24-15, 04:17 PM
The turkey crossing sign is total bogus. I shelled out the 100 gems and got nothing. Never saw a turkey let alone every 5 minutes. This game is a constant disappointment. When it says you can win up to 100 of something I have never won more than one. I suppose I should have known better but was hoping for the best with this 100 gem investment.

alish00
11-24-15, 05:53 PM
Anyone had this happen... I put my pilgrim skin on the pigs and 2 of them disappeared from the pen?!?

Never mind restarted and they came back....

Rynetory2
11-25-15, 01:03 AM

Em_storm
11-25-15, 04:06 AM
The turkeys are showing up more frequently now. Thanks, S8! I guess that turkey literacy program really paid off...

generalmadness
11-25-15, 12:12 PM
Regarding the loss of darts: what I am doing is keeping them all, because I am not interested in most of the prizes. So, instead of using them as they come up, I just let them roll over from day to day. I don't get my daily three darts at reset, but I currently have 7 darts, and I plan to keep hitting up Mr. Turkey Lurky and saving the darts I get from him until there is a prize I actually care about, and then I will use them.

Mitzi111
11-25-15, 02:53 PM
Regarding the loss of darts: what I am doing is keeping them all, because I am not interested in most of the prizes. So, instead of using them as they come up, I just let them roll over from day to day. I don't get my daily three darts at reset, but I currently have 7 darts, and I plan to keep hitting up Mr. Turkey Lurky and saving the darts I get from him until there is a prize I actually care about, and then I will use them.

Ahhh.... good plan. If only I had known at the beginning of the event that the darts disappear at 'reset' of treehouse. : (

raissawinda
11-25-15, 06:35 PM
The turkeys are showing up more frequently now. Thanks, S8! I guess that turkey literacy program really paid off...

yes, i catch at least one turkey on my farm every day. sometimes two. thank you Stormie! :)

PookieBear50
11-25-15, 09:57 PM

That was a strategy I never thought of. Darn, and the event's nearly over. Oh, well...if a similar event occurs, I'll keep this in mind.

Rynetory2
11-25-15, 10:16 PM
That was a strategy I never thought of. Darn, and the event's nearly over. Oh, well...if a similar event occurs, I'll keep this in mind.

I was trying to hint when I posted this earlier.. next time I'll "hint" louder lol. :D

If you have more than 3 darts, they carry over to the next day but you do not get 3 free darts.
If you have 3 or less darts, you get 3 free darts every new day.

KadeeDid
11-25-15, 10:21 PM
Toto late, already wasted 5 :-/
I wanted to speed it up because this is going to be a difficult goal to complete

I have only seen the turkey once, on day 1

4 days left and I have yet to see a turkey.

Rynetory2
11-25-15, 10:25 PM
4 days left and I have yet to see a turkey.

Try force shut and restarting game. The turkeys are tiny and appear for a short while, so you really need to look. It's even more difficult to see on farms which are more clustered or with much activities. They tend to hide behind trees and machines. My turkey is playing hide and seek lol. Hope this helps.

Rynetory2
11-26-15, 01:05 AM

Alida2014
11-26-15, 05:53 AM
I'm from Germany and unfortunately my English is not so good :(

I've a question: how can you more than once to get the pilgrims chickens? On some farms I've seen it.

shedenh
11-26-15, 01:58 PM
I'm from Germany and unfortunately my English is not so good :(

I've a question: how can you more than once to get the pilgrims chickens? On some farms I've seen it.

You need to click on the chicken pens separate for the paint to show up then just click on it again for the skin to show again.

liliyah007
11-26-15, 02:24 PM
If you don't finish your orders by the end of the day does it carry over.?Or do you lose out? I'm stuck at 62% and the shop is failing me!!!

Rynetory2
11-26-15, 07:19 PM
If you don't finish your orders by the end of the day does it carry over.?Or do you lose out? I'm stuck at 62% and the shop is failing me!!!

You can continue sending your current goal day orders even to the next goal day. But that means you have shorter time for the remainging goal days. The number of acorns increases with each goal day, so try to catch up as much as you can so you can have a full day for your last goal day. Good luck.

Rynetory2
11-27-15, 01:08 AM
Event Prizes

Day 2 requires 150 gems - Pilgrim Cow (skin)
Day 3 requires 200 gems - Festive Bakery (skin)
Day 10 requires 600 gems - Thankful Cat

Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar upon completion of each goal day. You need to purchase a cat bungalow for your Thankful Cat if you don't have one. Congrats.

Alida2014
11-27-15, 05:29 AM
You need to click on the chicken pens separate for the paint to show up then just click on it again for the skin to show again.

Thank you :)

Mitzi111
11-27-15, 06:48 AM
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar upon completion of each goal day. You need to purchase a cat bungalow for your Thankful Cat if you don't have one. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

Will a previously purchased bungalow work even if I have used it with a different cat?

raissawinda
11-27-15, 07:25 AM
Will a previously purchased bungalow work even if I have used it with a different cat?

do you mean joining your thankful cat with the others?

thank you Stormie for throwing such a great event, i love the adorable thankful cat, she's happily joining and playing with my other pets.
i love the black friday sale for the buildings, now i can craft recipes i could not do before with my new buildings. :o
and good luck for the farmers who are still doing deliveries. i am selling my excess stuff. :)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! ;)

Mitzi111
11-27-15, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=raissawinda;1213407]do you mean joining your thankful cat with the others?

Looks like you are using 1 bungalow for 3 or more cats?

Rynetory2
11-27-15, 08:22 AM

Yes, you can house your Thankful Cat with other cats in the same bungalow if there is space, max of 3 cats. Otherwise, you will need to buy another bungalow. Congrats. :)

Mitzi111
11-27-15, 09:57 AM
Yes, you can house your Thankful Cat with other cats in the same bungalow if there is space, max of 3 cats. Otherwise, you will need to buy another bungalow. Congrats. :)

Hooray! Thanks for the info. I only have 1 other cat. : )

Mitzi111
11-27-15, 07:01 PM
Question: once we get the Thankful Kitty, then is the game over and we won't see the 'wondering turkey' again? I actually had that turkey pop up over 30 times in the past 10 days (lots of prizes...yay!), but haven't seen him since I won kitty. Just curious ?

raissawinda
11-27-15, 07:10 PM
Question: once we get the Thankful Kitty, then is the game over and we won't see the 'wondering turkey' again? I actually had that turkey pop up over 30 times in the past 10 days (lots of prizes...yay!), but haven't seen him since I won kitty. Just curious ?

i earned one hot air balloon ticket and a quiche recently (from two turkeys) even though i have won the thankful cat yesterday. the event is still on going i guess, just a few hours left... correct me if i'm wrong :)

Mitzi111
11-27-15, 07:25 PM
i earned one hot air balloon ticket and a quiche recently (from two turkeys) even though i have won the thankful cat yesterday. the event is still on going i guess, just a few hours left... correct me if i'm wrong :)

ok thx I did see that turkey probably 30+ times! but suddenly he isn't showing up. I was just curious. Also, I can't tell when the event is over because once you win the cat, the timer disappears *I think

Rynetory2
11-27-15, 07:31 PM

I'm still seeing turkey although the event is over for me. Wish my turkey shows more often, 30 times?! Lucky you. The automatic start date of this event was Nov 21 7:20pm PST, therefore I think the turkeys will show till Dec 1 which is the last day of event for everyone.

Mitzi111
11-27-15, 07:51 PM
I'm still seeing turkey although the event is over for me. Wish my turkey shows more often, 30 times?! Lucky you. The automatic start date of this event was Nov 21 7:20pm PST, therefore I think the turkeys will show till Dec 1 which is the last day of event for everyone.

Yes, I started playing immediately. My farm has lots of open space so I could see the turkey! He showed up several times per day. I'm only guessing it was 3 times per day (seemed more?) BUT Haven't seen him once since kitty. �� I will keep searching though

Rynetory2
11-27-15, 07:56 PM
Yes, I started playing immediately. My farm has lots of open space so I could see the turkey! He showed up several times per day. I'm only guessing it was 3 times per day (seemed more?) BUT Haven't seen him once since kitty. �� I will keep searching though

I have a sneaky turkey which hides behind my trees lol. Keep searching. Grab as many as you can before it ends. Those darts and balloon tickets are really handy. I'm accumulating my darts. Have fun and good luck!

generalmadness
11-27-15, 08:06 PM
I have a sneaky turkey which hides behind my trees lol. Keep searching. Grab as many as you can before it ends. Those darts and balloon tickets are really handy. I'm accumulating my darts. Have fun and good luck!

It might be an illusion, but it seems like I have had the same prize on offer for a while. Like a couple of days? I will let you know tomorrow!

Rynetory2
11-27-15, 08:11 PM
It might be an illusion, but it seems like I have had the same prize on offer for a while. Like a couple of days? I will let you know tomorrow!

Umm what price are you referring? The tree house? I had the same for two days then it changed. But I'll keep an eye too. Thanks for info.

generalmadness
11-27-15, 10:05 PM
Tree house, yes! Thanks!

bexiboo2
11-28-15, 06:50 AM
I thought the turkey would keep visiting my farm until the end of the event, but I've not seen it lately.

I guess one of my American friends visited my farm and cooked it for thanksgiving lol

Rynetory2
11-28-15, 08:02 AM
Last day of event and my girlfriend cannot win the cat...only have option to buy!?? Any ideas?

Here is what my partner was talking about earlier, I can't finish current quest

I have moved your posts to Bugs and Issues - Last Day Thanksgiving (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86867-Last-day-thanksgiving) for further discussion and follow up with S8. Please see my reply there. Thanks.

Mr_Flip_Flop
11-28-15, 08:09 AM
Ok thanks very much

ciarjen
11-28-15, 09:20 AM

I haven't seen one turkey yet and I have nearly finished the event. Any idea why? :confused:

Rynetory2
11-28-15, 09:48 AM
I haven't seen one turkey yet and I have nearly finished the event. Any idea why? :confused:

All turkeys had migrated from Farm Story 2 lol. Just kidding. :D

Do you mean you havent seen a turkey today or since beginning of event? I hope it isn't the latter! Try switch off and restart game. I tend to spot a turkey when I fresh get on game. It doesn't appear immediately but maybe a short while like say 15mins or so. Hope it works for you. Good luck.

Ps. These birds tend to hide, look behind trees or buildings. Wish my pet dogs hunt turkeys!

ciarjen
11-28-15, 12:38 PM
All turkeys had migrated from Farm Story 2 lol. Just kidding. :D

Do you mean you havent seen a turkey today or since beginning of event? I hope it isn't the latter! Try switch off and restart game. I tend to spot a turkey when I fresh get on game. It doesn't appear immediately but maybe a short while like say 15mins or so. Hope it works for you. Good luck.

Ps. These birds tend to hide, look behind trees or buildings. Wish my pet dogs hunt turkeys!

I have never seen a turkey and I have been playing this event for days. I'm just finishing the final prize today.

The ipad is switched off regularly. I have the latest version installed. I have space for all my animals to roam on my farm and I am getting plenty of butterflies, moles, otters. But not one turkey.

Maybe it is because I am in the Uk and we only do turkeys at Christmas :p

orleansparish
11-28-15, 01:43 PM
I finished this early yesterday. I found about six turkeys and for the most part got tickets for merriweathers thingy. Haven't checked that thing in ages.

tvxal3
11-28-15, 03:26 PM
If I purchase the turkey crossing sign. Will it keep giving me goodies forever?

Rynetory2
11-28-15, 09:03 PM
If I purchase the turkey crossing sign. Will it keep giving me goodies forever?

The Turkey Crossing sign becomes a decoration and the turkeys disappear from our farms after the event. Sorry they wont give you goodies forever since they are event items. Thanks.

Rynetory2
11-28-15, 09:21 PM
I have never seen a turkey and I have been playing this event for days. I'm just finishing the final prize today.

The ipad is switched off regularly. I have the latest version installed. I have space for all my animals to roam on my farm and I am getting plenty of butterflies, moles, otters. But not one turkey.

Maybe it is because I am in the Uk and we only do turkeys at Christmas :p

I just popped over for a neighbourly visit. I am guessing they could had hidden behind your bigger buildings and those near your mine. You might want to check those buildings and see if there is any empty spot behind. But since the event is nearing the end, I'm not sure if you want to go through the hassle of rearrangement. It is also difficult to spot them on a big farm if you are playing on a smaller screen. We need bigger turkeys lol. :D

ciarjen
11-29-15, 03:42 AM
I just popped over for a neighbourly visit. I am guessing they could had hidden behind your bigger buildings and those near your mine. You might want to check those buildings and see if there is any empty spot behind. But since the event is nearing the end, I'm not sure if you want to go through the hassle of rearrangement. It is also difficult to spot them on a big farm if you are playing on a smaller screen. We need bigger turkeys lol. :D

Thanks. Had a look behind buildings, still not found one turkey. I have finished the event now anyway so I am going to stop looking for them :)

noemata
11-29-15, 04:20 AM
I don't know about you guys/gals...
I would like the TURKEYS to remain on the farms like the moles and butterflies after this event is over!!! :rolleyes:

Mitzi111
11-29-15, 09:16 AM
I had a pop up the other day that said the event was over. ? but it isn't. ?? AND I am still seeing Mr. Turkey several times a day. (I do love that turkey! darts, pink tickets, LOTS of coins,... and cheese haha) So when does the event actually end?

Mitzi111
11-29-15, 11:46 AM
Also... someone PLEASE explain again why I'm losing my dart opportunity.? I don't reset the treehouse, it does it automatically, right? so here is my case: I got the dart from the turkey, went to treehouse, saw that it was all unpopped balloons, and only got my usualy 3 pops. What happened to that dart that I JUST got from Mr. Turkey??

Rynetory2
11-29-15, 10:48 PM
Also... someone PLEASE explain again why I'm losing my dart opportunity.? I don't reset the treehouse, it does it automatically, right? so here is my case: I got the dart from the turkey, went to treehouse, saw that it was all unpopped balloons, and only got my usualy 3 pops. What happened to that dart that I JUST got from Mr. Turkey??

I am sorry this happened. :( For loss of darts, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

transberry
11-30-15, 01:07 AM
Just crushed

It told me had 5 hours, I had 8% left which I could easy make stupid purple thing in crafty building I had spent all my money to get 3 days ago

And it stopped after only 3 hours

I easily could have finally completed one

My own cat is a silver tabby

And now nothing to show for hours of work the past week

So mad

I have yet to even get day 6 done on restaurant 2

Just wish I hadn't missed this cat

Jnny2good
11-30-15, 01:27 PM
All the darts that I found when my balloons were unpopped were lost. They were never credited to my total. Dumb bug or dumb programming?

PookieBear50
11-30-15, 02:35 PM
All the darts that I found when my balloons were unpopped were lost. They were never credited to my total. Dumb bug or dumb programming?

Let's see if I can explain this, because I still have all my unused darts.

1. Normally, you receive 3 free darts per 24-hour period.

2. If you received a dart from the turkey, it was added to your total, BUT in exchange, you did not receive one (or more) of the free darts you would normally receive. For example, if you started off with 0 darts, having used them all up, and then you got 1 from the turkey that you did not use immediately, after the Treehouse reset you would have the 1 that the turkey gave you and receive only 2 free darts. Likewise, if you had 2 from the turkey, you received only 1 free one, and if you had 3 (or more) from the turkey, you received no additional free darts.

Unless something has happened since I played this morning before work, I should still have 10 darts, all received (and unused) from the turkey. I haven't gotten any free darts since I started holding onto the turkey's darts.

Mitzi111
11-30-15, 05:51 PM
Let's see if I can explain this, because I still have all my unused darts.

1. Normally, you receive 3 free darts per 24-hour period.

2. If you received a dart from the turkey, it was added to your total, BUT in exchange, you did not receive one (or more) of the free darts you would normally receive. For example, if you started off with 0 darts, having used them all up, and then you got 1 from the turkey that you did not use immediately, after the Treehouse reset you would have the 1 that the turkey gave you and receive only 2 free darts. Likewise, if you had 2 from the turkey, you received only 1 free one, and if you had 3 (or more) from the turkey, you received no additional free darts.

Unless something has happened since I played this morning before work, I should still have 10 darts, all received (and unused) from the turkey. I haven't gotten any free darts since I started holding onto the turkey's darts.

Oh I am still so confused about saving the turkey darts. LOL So do you just stay away from the treehouse while you are collecting the darts? When I click on the treehouse, then I can only use the 'turkey' dart if my treehouse hasn't reset. If I open my treehouse and it has reset, then I only get 3 darts. So I am assuming that you don't tap and open the treehouse?? Also, where are your 10 turkey darts? Are they in your barn?

PookieBear50
11-30-15, 06:53 PM
Oh I am still so confused about saving the turkey darts. LOL So do you just stay away from the treehouse while you are collecting the darts? When I click on the treehouse, then I can only use the 'turkey' dart if my treehouse hasn't reset. If I open my treehouse and it has reset, then I only get 3 darts. So I am assuming that you don't tap and open the treehouse?? Also, where are your 10 turkey darts? Are they in your barn?

Let's try this again...

Normal situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, unless I buy more, that's all the darts I have for the day. I will need to wait a full 24 hours until the tree house resets, at which point I receive 3 more free darts.

Current situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, I can't do anything else. However, I tap on a turkey and receive a dart. I have two options: use the dart immediately, or hold onto it. I choose to hold onto it. In the course of the 24 hours, I receive 3 more darts from tapping turkeys, giving me 4 darts total. When the 24 hours end, I still have 4 darts. I did not lose any of the darts I received from the turkeys, but I also did not get the 3 free darts I normally get when the tree house resets. As the next 24-hour cycle continues, I get 2 more darts. I don't get any others, so when the tree house resets, I have 6 darts...again, I do not receive the 3 free darts.

I can check my total number of darts in the tree house; I do not need to avoid it. This way I can hold onto the darts until something appears in the tree house that I would especially like to get, such as a pet or a particular decoration (though more likely a pet). The darts do not take up space in the barn; they are waiting for me in the tree house.

Rynetory2
11-30-15, 09:04 PM
@Mitzi111

If you are trying to accumulate your darts, suggest you do this...

Step 1. Go to your tree house after reset - you will get 3 free darts and the timer starts counting down.
Step 2. Try to catch a turkey for a dart for the remaining 24 hrs.

If you don't get any darts from your turkeys after 23 hrs (or any time just before the tree house reset)
- Go and use all your darts (as unused darts will be gone after reset but you get 3 free darts after reset)
- Repeat Step 1 to try again.

If you get dart(s) from your turkeys during 23 hrs
- Go to your tree house. You will see 3 free darts + X turkey darts = Z (total number of darts which you now own).
- Do not use these darts if you wish to accumulate darts. You will see Z darts after the tree house resets. From this point onwards, you dont get 3 free darts at each reset.

Hope this helps.

Mitzi111
12-01-15, 01:32 AM
Uh
@Mitzi111

If you are trying to accumulate your darts, suggest you do this...

Step 1. Go to your tree house after reset - you will get 3 free darts and the timer starts counting down.
Step 2. Try to catch a turkey for a dart for the remaining 24 hrs.

If you don't get any darts from your turkeys after 23 hrs (or any time just before the tree house reset)
- Go and use all your darts (as unused darts will be gone after reset but you get 3 free darts after reset)
- Repeat Step 1 to try again.

If you get dart(s) from your turkeys during 23 hrs
- Go to your tree house. You will see 3 free darts + X turkey darts = Z (total number of darts which you now own).
- Do not use these darts if you wish to accumulate darts. You will see Z darts after the tree house resets. From this point onwards, you dont get 3 free darts at each reset.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I think I get it now, but wow that is a confusing combo of situations! And how would we have known how this works? I just assumed I won an extra dart with no stipulations on using it, hence losing 4 or 5 darts Before finally just using them as soon as I got them

Mitzi111
12-01-15, 01:37 AM
Let's try this again...

Normal situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, unless I buy more, that's all the darts I have for the day. I will need to wait a full 24 hours until the tree house resets, at which point I receive 3 more free darts.

Current situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, I can't do anything else. However, I tap on a turkey and receive a dart. I have two options: use the dart immediately, or hold onto it. I choose to hold onto it. In the course of the 24 hours, I receive 3 more darts from tapping turkeys, giving me 4 darts total. When the 24 hours end, I still have 4 darts. I did not lose any of the darts I received from the turkeys, but I also did not get the 3 free darts I normally get when the tree house resets. As the next 24-hour cycle continues, I get 2 more darts. I don't get any others, so when the tree house resets, I have 6 darts...again, I do not receive the 3 free darts.

I can check my total number of darts in the tree house; I do not need to avoid it. This way I can hold onto the darts until something appears in the tree house that I would especially like to get, such as a pet or a particular decoration (though more likely a pet). The darts do not take up space in the barn; they are waiting for me in the tree house.

aha! i see. thanks for this explanation. I wish I had understood this early on because Mr. Turkey gave me lots of darts. Oh well, I'll know for next time

Rynetory2
12-01-15, 08:31 AM
Uh

Thanks. I think I get it now, but wow that is a confusing combo of situations! And how would we have known how this works? I just assumed I won an extra dart with no stipulations on using it, hence losing 4 or 5 darts Before finally just using them as soon as I got them

I learnt the workings of the tree house from buying many prizes with purchased darts. For those who didn't, I suppose it would be tough to know..

Well, that's one purpose of this forum - it enables the FS2 community to share tips/advises with fellow farmers. Sometimes we learn new things, sometimes we give tips. We all can tap into each other's knowledge and learn from each other, and make the game easier. Many thanks to all who had contributed, past and present. :)

TeabytheSea3
12-01-15, 10:37 AM
I don't know about you guys/gals...
I would like the TURKEYS to remain on the farms like the moles and butterflies after this event is over!!! :rolleyes:

Me, too. I love having the turkey appear on the farm. It seems so fitting & he has given out some great gifts. I love the challenge in trying to find him, too!

PookieBear50
12-01-15, 08:03 PM
Me, too. I love having the turkey appear on the farm. It seems so fitting & he has given out some great gifts. I love the challenge in trying to find him, too!

Well, it looks like the Turkeys have disappeared along with the fairgrounds, and the option to buy the Turkey Crossing sign. Oh, well. Really, though, since some have roast turkey for Christmas as well as Thanksgiving, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to let the turkeys continue to roam around. However...

Since the turkeys ARE gone, perhaps another animal can replace it? Not for collections, like the moles, butterflies, and otters, but to drop random low-level prizes (and the occasional high one, like a dart). A wild pheasant might be believable (perhaps a partridge), or maybe a squirrel. But some animal that we can search for now and again.

Rynetory2
12-01-15, 09:00 PM
Here are a few suggestions to prepare for next event.

Not sure what type of event will the next event be but no harm preparing for it in the mean time..

earn coins (events always use up coins).
send trains to earn gems (in case the event needs items that cost gems).
stock up mining tools.

For some who have not done so, to do the following...
expand to the pond.
expand to the mine.
get at least 1 bait shop, 2 bait shops if possible.
get these buildings (kitchen, bakery, windmill, fryer, dairy, chocolatier, studio)
get 2 sheep pens.
get maximum number of orange trees allowed at your level.
to be at least level 16 to 19 to participate in events.

FYI new players: It's good to check event thread during an event when you are unsure of how to proceed with the event. You may also find great tips share by fellow farmers. The event information is usually posted on the first page of the event thread. Read the event information and if you have any questions, post in the event thread. We have players here who can help you.

Thanks to the continuous effort of all players who posted event information, we can share this information with each other instead of playing individually.

Happy Farming :)