PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted game ads?????(Android users mainly)

myharleycat
11-17-15, 05:06 PM
Feel free to put this where appropriate, since I wasn't thnx. Here's my question probably for android players as I don't notice this on my apple device. I keep getting unwanted ads while in the middle of my clicking while playing n cooking etc. For their other games that I don't care to play. Is there another way of stopping this other than downloading n unwanted game?! Tried that they just pop up a different one. This gets annoyingly when trying to accomplish my tasks thnx.

deekathleen
11-17-15, 05:30 PM
Yes constantly. What's worse is I can't even download the games just to even make them stop.

twospoons
11-17-15, 08:02 PM
i downloaded BS2 on my tablet (for gems), but opened & played it through both accounts i have. now that i'm back to playing my baby account on my phone (easier than logging in & out constantly i feel), i'm still getting constant pop ups! i guess they're reading my device and not my account. so now it's all yeah, i know BS2 is available. i played it, i hated it, i'm done. stop telling me about it!

Rynetory2
11-17-15, 08:56 PM
i downloaded BS2 on my tablet (for gems), but opened & played it through both accounts i have. now that i'm back to playing my baby account on my phone (easier than logging in & out constantly i feel), i'm still getting constant pop ups! i guess they're reading my device and not my account. so now it's all yeah, i know BS2 is available. i played it, i hated it, i'm done. stop telling me about it!

S8 is investigating this matter and asked if we can try this and see if it works? Thanks.

1. Delete Bakery Story 2 and reinstall it.
2. Start your Restuarant Story and see if you still get the popups.

deekathleen
11-17-15, 09:00 PM
S8 is investigating this matter and asked if we can try this and see if it works? Thanks.

What about those of us with android tablets who get a not compatible with your device message?

Rynetory2
11-17-15, 09:03 PM
What about those of us with android tablets who get a not compatible with your device message?

Whats your device and what game are you trying to download?

deekathleen
11-17-15, 09:08 PM
Whats your device and what game are you trying to download?

The last three ones, I believe they were bs2, whatever the fairytale fantasy one was and some frozen or polar one. They pop up during my game and show up on the goal clip board and Google play store says not compatible. Then I'm stuck with two weeks of constant pop ups.

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 3 lite that is updated.

Thanks

Rynetory2
11-17-15, 09:12 PM
The last three ones, I believe they were bs2, whatever the fairytale fantasy one was and some frozen or polar one. They pop up during my game and show up on the goal clip board and Google play store says not compatible. Then I'm stuck with two weeks of constant pop ups.

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 3 lite that is updated.

Thanks

I'll check and get back to you on this. You're welcome.

deekathleen
11-18-15, 09:40 AM
I'll check and get back to you on this. You're welcome.

twospoons
11-18-15, 12:23 PM

actually, now that the bubble mania goal has been released, i'm getting popups for that and don't see BS2 ones anymore. so it fixed itself before i could try it!

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 02:27 AM
actually, now that the bubble mania goal has been released, i'm getting popups for that and don't see BS2 ones anymore. so it fixed itself before i could try it!

Good to hear that! Fyi its reading device and not account. So if it happens again, download on your other devices too. Thanks.

I'm very sorry, deekathleen, there's no solution for your issue at this point. :(

twospoons
11-19-15, 03:47 AM
Good to hear that! Fyi its reading device and not account. So if it happens again, download on your other devices too. Thanks.

Okay, I figured that was the problem. My phone's just so old that I haven't got enough free memory to download new games--I'll have to delete castle story I guess. Thanks for info!

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 03:54 AM
Okay, I figured that was the problem. My phone's just so old that I haven't got enough free memory to download new games--I'll have to delete castle story I guess. Thanks for info!

You're most welcome. :)

deekathleen
11-19-15, 05:01 AM

I'm very sorry, deekathleen, there's no solution for your issue at this point. :(

Thanks for looking into it.
Did they give any reason why some of these games work on some android devices and not others?

Rynetory2
11-19-15, 05:27 AM
Thanks for looking into it.
Did they give any reason why some of these games work on some android devices and not others?

You're most welcome. Nope. Perhaps you like to send an email to support@storm8.com stating your devices and the games you are interested in. That way, they help you with specific questions. :)

deekathleen
11-19-15, 05:35 AM
You're most welcome. Nope. Perhaps you like to send an email to support@storm8.com stating your devies and the games you are interested in. That way, they help you with specific questions. :)

Thanks. I'm not so much interested in the games as I am in not having annoying pop ups constantly. [] Thanks for finding out what you could though.

chubilis
11-25-15, 11:37 AM
My sister and I are getting this horrible pop ups all the time! Whenever we enter the game, just play for a few seconds and they appear. Close the game, start again and there they are. It's getting horribly annoying!!!

Plus I haven't even gotten the goal to download those games for gems, I'm only getting all those pop ups out of the blue!! It's horrible, please check it!

PS: we're having this "attack of pop ups", as we call it, both in RS and in BS.

deekathleen
11-25-15, 11:52 AM
PS: we're having this "attack of pop ups", as we call it, both in RS and in BS.

Join the club, and can't even download the games to get rid of them. Been dealing with it for months now.

sunshinecity477
11-25-15, 04:51 PM
And it's not just android devices, it's Apple devices, too

chubilis
11-30-15, 10:13 AM
Any word on it? Because it's too annoying to keep playing at a normal pace!

freesiawoods
12-01-15, 12:30 AM
Bad news is that now I get popups even for games I've already downloaded! Argh!

deekathleen
12-01-15, 06:57 AM
Yeah the pop ups are out of control. Yeah one pop up is enough, don't need a pop up in the game every five minutes.

pieandcream
12-01-15, 11:22 AM
storm 8...no gems no download.....

chubilis
12-07-15, 07:24 AM
And they keep being silent, which only adds to our frustration! Still no words on it?

Natasha_07
12-07-15, 08:13 AM
Too much pop-up in all my games, in the middle of playing and every time I logging it happens.
Plus I cannot install the games, as I already played them, so stop spamming me. Thank you!

They should offer games depending on each player, say if you already played one then you don't get the add and it gives you a pop-up for a completely new game which you haven't played.

sashacatonline
09-08-16, 12:48 PM
Storm 8 support PLEASE LISTEN. POP UPS HAVE RUINED BAKERY STORY. CONTINUOUS NON STOP TEN MINUTES OF POP UPS Every time you try to play bakery story. After all the old goal and donload more games i don't want (because i do not want more pop ups) , bakery story stops responding. Can clear cache, uninstall reinstall restart phone, try a different brand new pone , same thing. Each time a new goal is added, it runs thru every pop up old goal ever issued, whether completed or not. Storm 8 please fix the program and respond to users requests to stop the pop ups.