PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tales : Cursed Beauty : Nov 20, 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

kooky panda
11-17-15, 03:10 PM

http://40.media.tumblr.com/f2bf28835735affd2644d855abaf7fb1/tumblr_inline_nxzb2wimz91qm7yoc_540.png
Do you care for all your little dragons, no matter how odd-looking or foul tempered they are? Well, there?s one dragon whose cold heart needs your kind companionship. Complete the newest Dragon Tales to start your own fairy tale with the Beast Dragon in Dragon Story (https://www.facebook.com/DragonStoryApp)!

Chapters provided by 19sparkles96 (post 66)

"It was another dreary day in the dilapidated chateau. The Beast Dragon rumbled about, scratching the wooden bannisters as he passed by in boredom. Dust coated everything within the estate. The only sign of life were swaths of footprints caused by the Beast roaming about angrily."

CH 1

1- Plant Buffbeets x6 Skip 6 gold......................................Plant Buffbeets x5 Skip 5 gold
2- Harvest Buffbeets x6 Skip 6 gold..................................Harvest Buffbeets x5

Prize Beast Dragon Unlock early 5 gold..............................Beast Dragon Unlock early 1 gold

"The chateau once housed a beloved family of fair Lords and ladies, yet that was ages ago. The only known inhabitant that remained was the Beast Dragon. With large horns and piercing eyes, anyone who saw him would turn tail and run away. His looks were scary, but his personality was a far worse crime. Rude, brash, and arrogant, the Beast was quite the unlikeable dragon."

CH 2

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold...............Raise your Beast Dragon to level 3 Skip 3 gold
2- Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold.......................Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold

Prize 500 XP and 12,000 coins Unlock early 10 gold............500 XP and 8,000 coins Unlock early 5 gold

"From high up in the estate, the Beast Dragon caught a glimpse of movement in the rose gardens below. Between the violet-red rose bushes wandered the most gorgeous, brilliant dragon he ever laid his eyes on. Her every movement was precise and light, as if she were the clouds above. The Beast rushed through the manor to find the Beauty Dragon."

CH 3

1- Harvest Impruberries x15 Skip 15 gold.........................Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold
2- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold
3- Have a Noble Crystal Skip 10 gold.............................................. .................................................. ..................

Prize 10,000 Apples Unlock early 15 gold..........................5,000 Apples Unlock early 10 gold

CH 4

"As he tore through the unkempt keeps and corridors, the Beast Dragon passed a lone alcove and slowly stopped. The alcove stored just one item: a tall, ornate, mirror. A blanket was placed over its reflective surface years ago, now coated in dust. The Beast Dragon hesitated for a moment but slowly grabbed the cloth and removed the blanket. Staring back at himself, the Beast Dragon's ire grew and grew until he punched the mirror, shattering the reflection of himself into dozens of smaller splinters. How could anyone love such a hideous creature?"

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 7 Skip 7 gold...............Plant Pumpwings x6 Skip 4 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x2 Skip 55 gold.....................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 6 Skip 6 gold
3- Craft Fancy Flooring Skip 20 gold.................................Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold

Prize The Miserable Mirror (A decoration)..........................Miserable Mirror Unlock early 10 gold
Unlock early 20 gold

CH 5

"Sulking in the dark, the Beast Dragon's attention moved towards a small, violet-red, rose petal that fluttered through a broken window. It traveled through the air between beams of sunlight speckled with dust particles. Landing gingerly in the palm of his outstretched paw, the Beast crushed the delicate petal between his massive claws. The flowers in the garden below were a constant reminder of the individual who cursed him to this place and form ages ago. It was time to confront the Cursed Rose Dragon..."

1- Plant Firaples x5 Skip 5 gold........................................Plant Buffbeets x5 Skip 5 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x3 Skip 85 gold.....................Have (Buy) a Noble Crystal Skip 10 gold
3- Collect Runestones from Harvesting x60 Skip 40 gold.....Collect (Harvest) Runestones x70 Skip 45 gold
(2-3 Runestones per 1hr food)
4- Breed Beast Dragon with another dragon Skip 20 gold....Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold

Prize 12,000 Apples Unlock early 25 gold..........................8,000 Apples Unlock early 15 gold

CH 6

"Running rampant through the chateau, the Beast was on the hunt for the Cursed Rose Dragon. As he flew furiously through the estate, his memory raced with thoughts of the Cursed Rose. Once a loyal servant of his family, the Cursed Rose Dragon placed a spell on Beast, turning him into the large monstrosity he is now. He told the Beast that his heart and personality had turned twisted and arrogant, unlike when he was a loving child, and the only way to help him was to curse him. To break the curse, Beast would have to prove that his personality was beautiful enough for one to love, but how could he do that when he looked so hideous?"

1- Hatch a Life Dragon Skip 25 gold.................................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 8 Skip 8 gold
2- Complete Who Am I? Quest Skip 15 gold......................Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold
3- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 10 Skip 20 gold...........Hatch a Life Dragon Skip 25 gold
.................................................. ................................4- Craft Fancy Flooring Skip 10 gold

Prize 10 Mystic Maps Unlock early 30 gold.........................7 Mystic Maps Unlock early 15 gold

CH 7

"The search for the Cursed Rose Dragon seemed futile. No matter how fast or how hard he searched, he couldn't find his elusive nemesis. As he combed through the estate, Beast couldn't help but feel that he was being watched... no one was around, but the feeling of eyes lurking in the shadows couldn't be shaken. Discouraged and dejected, the Beast Dragon gave up his search. As he sulked in the garden, violet-red petals floated by in the breeze, and as if he appeared out of thin air, the Cursed Rose Dragon stood in plain sight, staring right at Beast "

1- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold................Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x4 Skip 105 gold...................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 9 Skip 29 gold
3- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 11 Skip 22 gold...........Have Resilient Roses x2 Skip 20 gold
4- Have Resilient Roses x2 Skip 45 gold.............................................. .................................................. ...............
(3 hr Crafting, uses 2 Cursed Petals & 1 Skeletal Key)

Prize The Cursed Rose Dragon Unlock early 35 gold............Cursed Rose Dragon Unlock early 20 gold

CH 8

"Beast lunged at the Cursed Rose Dragon only to crash through hundreds of petals. The Cursed Rose now stood where the Beast lept. The Beast roared in fury, but the Cursed Rose was unmoved. In fact, the Cursed Rose Dragon almost seemed to pity the Beast. It explained to the large dragon the curse wasn't meant to torture Beast, but to try and help him. To be loved by others starts on the inside, and the Beast Dragon clearly hasn't learned that yet. Cursed Rose glanced over Beast's shoulder, who then turned and saw the Beauty Dragon wandering through the gardens. If she would ever love the Beast, he would have to change his ways."

1- Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold.....Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold
2- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold................Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold
3- Collect Runestones from Harvesting x50 Skip 35 gold.....Have Resilient Roses x3 Skip 40 gold
4- Breed Beast Dragon with another dragon Skip 20 gold....

Prize 12,000 Apples Unlock early 45 gold..........................

CH 9

"To gain the attention of the Beauty Dragon, who was wandering around the estate, Beast figured he must first clean up the chateau. He spent hours dusting, sweeping, and rebuilding to get the manor in a respectable state. All these years of neglect had taken its toll on the grounds, but after some hard work the Beast was surprised to see how good everything could look. The chateau was no longer dreary and grey, but warm and inviting. Beast took particular care to polish up the ballroom as well. Once everything was cleaned, he brought the broken mirror into the ballroom and sat there, reflecting on who he had become."

1- Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 7 Skip 7 gold
2- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold
3- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 13 Skip 26 gold
4- Have Resilient Roses x4 Skip 99 gold
(Seems cumulative from the previously crafted 2)

Prize 10 gold Unlock early 50 gold

CH 10

"Joyous music played through the crisp air as the Beast Dragon danced to the steps of an ancient ballad. Humming to the music, eyes closed, a smile stretched across the Beast's face. He seemed to be in a world of his own, dancing through the ballroom until someone tapped him on the shoulder. His eyes shot open as he snapped back to reality by the visitor's interruption. Standing beside him was the Beauty Dragon, giggling to herself. The Beast Dragon blushed, having been caught dancing by himself. Before he turned in embarrassment, the Beauty grabbed him by the paw and pulled him to the center of the ballroom. There the two danced until the sun set on the restored chateau and blooming gardens. In the distance the Cursed Rose Dragon watched the two dancing in harmony and smiled. The Beast Dragon had finally become the the dragon he was meant to be "

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 15 Skip 195 gold
2- Collect Runestones x50 Skip 35 gold
3- Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 10 Skip 195 gold
4- Win Battle Arena Matches x5 Skip 135 gold

Prize Beauty Dragon

freshfunin2008
11-17-15, 03:36 PM
Thanks for advance notice Kooky. It is always appreciated.

lady_saphira
11-17-15, 07:54 PM
I knew I was saving up food for a reason, lol. Better get cracking. 60k saved up so far!

DeeDe99
11-17-15, 07:57 PM
Oh dear. Food. Oh my. I've been busy feeding up my dragons. I'd better start saving. I'll be starting this tales late, I can see that!

redstar177
11-17-15, 09:25 PM
I love this dragon!
...But I'm not excited for another DT. They come too quickly now. Give us a break!

Jrod333
11-17-15, 10:20 PM
Yeah I agree, I love this dragon too and I also agree they do need to give us a break from new dragons at least. They need to focus on more land in all directions, raise the habitat cap alot higher than just a few and for the love of God better crops.

lorentw
11-18-15, 04:57 AM
Yeah I agree, I love this dragon too and I also agree they do need to give us a break from new dragons at least. They need to focus on more land in all directions, raise the habitat cap alot higher than just a few and for the love of God better crops.

If they gave better crops less people would spend gold on the tales, on buying food, etc... The same with all the new dragons, people spend gold on the limited so they keep the times short and keep them realing in the money

Sandybellee
11-18-15, 06:10 AM
I don't like this one at all, which is good since I'm trying to level up some dragons. Hopefully this is the main prize so I can just skip it.

Jackiesq
11-18-15, 06:24 AM
I like Tales, but they come to fast! 1 every month is more then enough! We need time to feed our other dragons too. Also I think we need more things than dragons and some decorations. Give us the special habitat as price too as example. I like the food and gold prices!
And give us at least an 8th farm so we can produce more food. The ultrarare dragons from the tales and a lot of other dragons from battles are veryveryvery hungry specially if we go to level 15. Fruition dragon was a good idea, but it needs more food then it gives in years and it costs 1600 gold!

amerirish
11-18-15, 06:48 AM
I also would like to thank kookypanda for the advanced warning; at least I have some time to prepare! Although to have a DT at the same time as a tournament is pretty bold :( Love this dragon though.

caramellenina
11-18-15, 07:28 AM
Dragon Tales is a big money maker. That is the push. I've already filled up the few more habitat limits they gave us. I have one more space for this Tales and that's it. Please raise the habitat limit and please give us a chance to grow the dragons we worked so hard to acquire!

hiabarara
11-18-15, 08:09 AM
It looks cool. Thank God I expected a new Dragon Tales event and saved up some food. I'll probably still need another 100k food (during the last two events we needed a bit more than 200k food), but I managed it the last times. And even though I don't have that much time to play at the moment, I'm optimistic. It'll probably be one and a half week until it starts automatically, so that's a bit time to save food.

Let's hope for the best!

kooky panda
11-18-15, 08:48 AM
Oh dear. Food. Oh my. I've been busy feeding up my dragons. I'd better start saving. I'll be starting this tales late, I can see that!
Me Too! I have be feeding my Fruit Dragon!

cazile81
11-18-15, 12:34 PM
I hope there's a Beauty Dragon to tame the Beast

zyfazix
11-18-15, 12:42 PM
Ha, maybe Beast isn't even the nastiest one. I sure hope so

LunaC757
11-18-15, 12:57 PM
Shakespearean play perhaps, Taming of the Shrew? "Kaaaaaaaaaatherinnnnnnnnn!"

anaghasaki
11-18-15, 01:38 PM
Looking forward.. I better be prepared.. though I do have 2,79,000 food right now, my nest is extremely busy.. I am still trying for winter Lily and just got a cupcake fail.. with sweet tooth ready to be hatched.. and I do want winter Lily.. also want to try for ice queen..

lizzierose2
11-18-15, 01:40 PM
Too MANY EVENTS,,,,, k I absolutely love this game but really does anyone feel bit bombarded? It's absolutely impossible to raise up dragons we have and clear space get coin for habitats and try to breed new or old ones we really want and yes it's getting bit expensive. Sound we stat a thread on that cause it was very nice to get a heads up and a preview of up coming event but dang I have real kids and there's real prep n fun at my Real house for the holidays and MY favorite game is quickly falling by wayside no time to chat w neighbors or even do visits it's a battle just barely time to get on n off w minimal game business as there's so many events there's much much more game business. Ya it's time to choose and pick what events to participate in but that's not quite fair n hard. I guess if I had very very self sufficient island and huge huge stock pile of food would b easy but we are not all in that position even my longest played island has no food due to all new events and many many additions are barely hatched n few don't even have homes and that's. Well established 3yr old island! Anyway guess toss me in the pool of ohh super glad (I really am to have advanced notice) but darn I'm not going to be able to do the current tourney now if I'm to save and likely need to stop breeding as I've already no coin for clearing and need habitats as mine all full n I'm getting very discouraged. I've still got to follow up on some error made by Game like two dragon tales back!! There's 2 creation dragons in my storage and two charges stating Halloween that I didn't make I made purchases but later these two creation dragons I'd never want and that event I had lots of coin and food for everything so I must have emailed wrong people as I've still got charges and dragons in storage... So yup bit behind should be dealing with that 30$ish error ASAP vs participating and drowning in my continued new game ventures with each new DS event. I'm loosing time n money.

Guess I'm an adult so getting on n whinnying isn't helping I must just take care of family n home and put fun on the side it was more fun when there was breaks between events and I wasn't spending as much of my slush fund on a virtual... Quickly becoming Virtually impossible to play unless u've money game... Hope that's not too negative? I'm not that way I always try to be n say positive... Sorry but think I'm feeling bummed..about the too many events, impossible to get new cool dragons ect. likely my own fault feeling to invested to game no ones twisting my arm just feels like it.

DeeDe99
11-18-15, 05:13 PM

I've got mine up to lvl 5, but have been giving priority to Diamond (now 15) and Jigsaw (evolving to 10 as I type).

DeeDe99
11-18-15, 05:16 PM
Looking forward.. I better be prepared.. though I do have 2,79,000 food right now, my nest is extremely busy.. I am still trying for winter Lily and just got a cupcake fail.. with sweet tooth ready to be hatched.. and I do want winter Lily.. also want to try for ice queen..

Can you just confirm how much food? If that is 2 million plus then I am extremely jealous. If it is just 200K plus I am still jealous.

anaghasaki
11-19-15, 03:23 AM
Can you just confirm how much food? If that is 2 million plus then I am extremely jealous. If it is just 200K plus I am still jealous.

I am not much comfortable with the million system.. I get confused.. any way I have exactly 284,664 food right now.. don't be jealous.. I haven't fed any of my dragons for past 1 month, neither did I take part in the last tales due to my exams.. but I do plant the 20 hour crop every day without fail.. anyway the food won't last long.. I have lots and lots of dragons to feed..

owa411
11-19-15, 06:37 AM

What kind of jealous is 500k?? ;)

anitaps01
11-19-15, 09:59 AM
Oh nooo..I thought we had more time until next DT, so I just used a crapload of
food to get my Diamond to level 15.. ��

amerirish
11-19-15, 11:33 AM
Does anyone remember or have notes about how much food was needed last time we had a DT? Like kooky, I've been feeding my Fruit dragon so I only have about 87k apples. Thanks :)

lenasdinner
11-19-15, 11:56 AM
Does anyone remember or have notes about how much food was needed last time we had a DT? Like kooky, I've been feeding my Fruit dragon so I only have about 87k apples. Thanks :)
I think about 215,000.someone told me when last event was.i had the same question,because I needed some food to evolve other dragons so I could trade them.I was afraid that I wount have enough for that event.but it was ok with me.now I'm good with food for now.I plant like a mad man diamonds every 5 hour.

lenasdinner
11-19-15, 12:04 PM
Forget to tell you.if you plant all the time big numbers of food during the tale you can menage to get enough food till the end.last time I started with 70k and I had enough food.same thing was about tale before.I even had les food and i menage to end the tale like that. Just plant food every time when your farms are free.

anitaps01
11-19-15, 12:30 PM
I grow Rushrooms instead of Diamondates. It takes a little more effort, you have to check in every hour- but in 5 hours you get double amount of food.. i only grow Diamondates overnight, and when I'm working.

amerirish
11-19-15, 12:40 PM
Thanks lenasdinner :) good to have a ballpark idea of how much I'll need :)

anitaps01: I only plant Rushrooms & Diamondates too. But I plant the 5 hour crops while I'm working & sleeping.

ndtrance
11-19-15, 02:55 PM
During tourneys and when I'm working on collecting crafting parts, I grow Rushrooms. Otherwise I just grow Diamondates. I was trying to hit 1,000,000 food but I'm not going to make it there yet with the event.

It would be nice if for the quest portions we could receive food rewards again. Maple was phenomenal at bringing home food when he was questing. That along with food rewards really help make a difference.

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 02:58 PM
Oh nooo..I thought we had more time until next DT, so I just used a crapload of
food to get my Diamond to level 15.. ��

I did too. and Jigsaw to 10

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 02:59 PM
During tourneys and when I'm working on collecting crafting parts, I grow Rushrooms. Otherwise I just grow Diamondates. I was trying to hit 1,000,000 food but I'm not going to make it there yet with the event.

It would be nice if for the quest portions we could receive food rewards again. Maple was phenomenal at bringing home food when he was questing. That along with food rewards really help make a difference.

The most food I have ever got (aside from Maple's quests) was 500. mostly I get coins. Same with the maps quest, I usually get coins.

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 05:51 PM
What kind of jealous is 500k?? ;)

The "you and I are not on speaking terms" kind of jealous. I am a lowly level 100 and having just caved in and bought the Unicorn Value Pack I now have a whole 59,301 apples on hand. I'll be right for the Tales, I had food left over last time, which was great, invested it in Ms Diamond's elevation to the dizzy heights of level 15.

redstar177
11-19-15, 06:26 PM

YES. I was SO disappointed in the last tales that there was no good food quest :(
Magic dragon hardly brings back anything at all

lenasdinner
11-20-15, 11:14 AM
Kooky Panda... is this going to be on original dragon story version or still on Halloween version?

owa411
11-20-15, 11:38 AM
He's the first prize dragon after planting and collecting 6 buffbeets!! Yayyy :)

hiabarara
11-20-15, 11:42 AM
Ughh, why do they put hair on dragons? Ice Queen has such ridiculous hair as well. I'll try my best to finish this Dragon Tales, but the Cursed Beauty dragon isn't something I really want. The first two dragons are okay, though.

mbyte68
11-20-15, 11:47 AM

me 3 lol fed my diamond to 13 :D

19sparkles96
11-20-15, 11:48 AM
Standing by

feonalily
11-20-15, 11:49 AM
I like the hair on dragons and I LOVE this pink dragon. Ugh im a sucker for cute/pretty dragons. I was planning on skipping this tales but not anymore haha

hiabarara
11-20-15, 11:55 AM
Here's the picture btw:

edit: Someone already did the math and apparently we'll need ~ 203.000 food to feed the two dragons (Beast Dragon to level 13 and Cursed Rose Dragon to level 10).

belarica
11-20-15, 12:03 PM
I like the hair on dragons and I LOVE this pink dragon. Ugh im a sucker for cute/pretty dragons. I was planning on skipping this tales but not anymore haha

I think the hair is okay too, very excited for the beauty dragon :)

Anaboe
11-20-15, 12:15 PM
The "you and I are not on speaking terms" kind of jealous. I am a lowly level 100 and having just caved in and bought the Unicorn Value Pack I now have a whole 59,301 apples on hand. I'll be right for the Tales, I had food left over last time, which was great, invested it in Ms Diamond's elevation to the dizzy heights of level 15.

Lol, I envy you a little too: you can breed so many new dragons! And you need to work for tournaments and Dragon Tales! It's been months for me sinds I bred a dragon I didn't already have. And winning a tournament is easy now...
I just hit lvl 190 today, have over 450 unique dragons (countless epic, +/- 10 lvl 15) - and 2,205,294 food. No, that's no typing error.

The Unicorn Valuepack is a good buy: I bought my first Dragon in a valuepack, because I couldn't breed one at all.

Day 1
Act 1: plant 6 Buffbeats

Just planted 1-hour crops, so it'll have to wait :)

hiabarara
11-20-15, 12:21 PM
I just hit lvl 190 today, have over 450 unique dragons (countless epic, +/- 10 lvl 15) - and 2,205,294 food. No, that's no typing error.
Wait, what!? I never saw anyone having more than 500k food. Whoa! But why don't you just feed all your dragons to level 10? Or if they are, then you could feed them to level 15. I mean that seems better than just keeping the food and doing nothing with it. Or do you have some kind of secret plan? :D

Jewelnan
11-20-15, 12:54 PM
on no,green,green ,green. It must be a sin to b sooooooo jealous of so many people.I mean,u have actual stored food,diamond epics and cash,everyone of u. Can't even breed 1 diamond,save food,forget it.ipsne on cash too :-\ so sad . Maybe 1 day :-D

rasike
11-20-15, 01:00 PM
I have 1,462,660 food at the moment. I am saving food and gold since March for gold giving dragons (they are available for me since then; I'm playing on android). I hope there will be a sale of them on Black Friday. The maximum food I had was 1,600,000. I stop feeding my dragons if I reach 1,000,000 food. So the food was not a problem for me during all three DT events I had.

Anaboe
11-20-15, 01:27 PM
Day 1
Act 1 of 2: plant 6 Buffbeats (3 minutes)
Act 2 of 2: harvest 6 Buffbeats (3 minutes)

Reward: Beast Dragon, 5 hour. Rare, Purple-Blue.

Easy first day :)

Lunaticus
11-20-15, 01:34 PM
Wowzaaaaa Anaboe! Awesome! 2M+ apples is so far fetch for me. Cant resist feeding my dragons. I haven't even reached 200k. 😂

zyfazix
11-20-15, 01:35 PM
The Beast and Cursed Rose dragons look great. I won't go wasting food after getting those though (that Beauty dragon looks like a rapunzel that fell in a bucket of pink paint)

Anaboe
11-20-15, 01:38 PM
Wait, what!? I never saw anyone having more than 500k food. Whoa! But why don't you just feed all your dragons to level 10? Or if they are, then you could feed them to level 15. I mean that seems better than just keeping the food and doing nothing with it. Or do you have some kind of secret plan? :D
First of all, I NEVER want to have to stress over food during Dragon Tales, so I have a minimum of 500k food.

Second, raising 1 Champion from lvl 10 to lvl 14 already costs insane amount of foods. Let alone raising all good fighters and Prime Parents to lvl 15.

Third, I never breed any eggs I get. I have over 125 unique dragons in storage. This due to the limit on space and habitats. I don't need to breed any eggs, because I already have the best fighters in the arena.

Fourth, all unique bred or crafted dragons are fed to lvl 7. There's no need whatsoever to raise them to lvl 10. Back in the days, before my lvl 15 Rainbow Sentinel, Jade, Champions, Diamond and Infinity, Crusader an Quetzal, there was need to lvl some dragons to lvl 10, because then they had better odds in the Arena, but now, those 7 lvl 15 dragons have far better odds than any other dragon.

But remember, I also began as a lvl 1 player, on Android. With no gold, with no food, with no coins. And no, I didn't put a lot of gold in it: I once bought (by accident) 2.000 gold (+/- 30 euro, on sale) and once the Diamond-dragon on Valuepack. (And yes, I also steped in a goldtrap, once that even costs me 1,000 gold). I NEVER bought more then this. It's all about patience, tactics, choices, and playing carefully.

newzealander
11-20-15, 03:36 PM
First of all, I NEVER want to have to stress over food during Dragon Tales, so I have a minimum of 500k food.

Second, raising 1 Champion from lvl 10 to lvl 14 already costs insane amount of foods. Let alone raising all good fighters and Prime Parents to lvl 15.

Third, I never breed any eggs I get. I have over 125 unique dragons in storage. This due to the limit on space and habitats. I don't need to breed any eggs, because I already have the best fighters in the arena.

Fourth, all unique bred or crafted dragons are fed to lvl 7. There's no need whatsoever to raise them to lvl 10. Back in the days, before my lvl 15 Rainbow Sentinel, Jade, Champions, Diamond and Infinity, Crusader an Quetzal, there was need to lvl some dragons to lvl 10, because then they had better odds in the Arena, but now, those 7 lvl 15 dragons have far better odds than any other dragon.

But remember, I also began as a lvl 1 player, on Android. With no gold, with no food, with no coins. And no, I didn't put a lot of gold in it: I once bought (by accident) 2.000 gold (+/- 30 euro, on sale) and once the Diamond-dragon on Valuepack. (And yes, I also steped in a goldtrap, once that even costs me 1,000 gold). I NEVER bought more then this. It's all about patience, tactics, choices, and playing carefully.
Thanks, Anaboe, for being so honest, and giving us all hope. It's all do-able....it just takes time! (Although, I wouldn't say no to a quicker crop growing option!)

ileeas
11-20-15, 03:51 PM
Well I'm sure this will be another one that I won't be able to finish, I always start really great but once I get to where you need to win battles I fall behind. So not sure if I should try to finish the tournament(not that I can win all 30 tournament battles either) or if I should just leave it so that I have weaker dragons to fight. Although it seems that I often I can't even win a battle with the level 1-3 dragons. My strongest dragon is a level 13 champion. I also wish they would have some of the fancy habitats as prizes, I have 20 dragons in storage that I have no time or habitats to put them in. Yes I'm being a whiner but some of these quests are not set up for people who have real jobs( or families)

Jewelnan
11-20-15, 04:01 PM
As someone else said in one of the forums....remember its just s game.....I keep forgetting that lol. Sorry guys . can I just plead for a diamond dragon ;-)

freshfunin2008
11-20-15, 04:09 PM
Well I'm sure this will be another one that I won't be able to finish, I always start really great but once I get to where you need to win battles I fall behind. So not sure if I should try to finish the tournament(not that I can win all 30 tournament battles either) or if I should just leave it so that I have weaker dragons to fight. Although it seems that I often I can't even win a battle with the level 1-3 dragons. My strongest dragon is a level 13 champion. I also wish they would have some of the fancy habitats as prizes, I have 20 dragons in storage that I have no time or habitats to put them in. Yes I'm being a whiner but some of these quests are not set up for people who have real jobs( or families)

Tournament ends Sunday. It should not affect your Tales event if you start the tales today.

freshfunin2008
11-20-15, 04:12 PM
I only have about 150k food but I should be ok. I just have to remember to plant 1 hr crops vs 5 hr to build up over the weekend when I have some extra time for TV

LocalNews
11-20-15, 04:32 PM
FYI. The Beast Dragon takes 5 hours on the nest. You get it after finishing Act One. I have mine on the nest now so I will be ready in the morning.

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 04:40 PM
Lol, I envy you a little too: you can breed so many new dragons! And you need to work for tournaments and Dragon Tales! It's been months for me sinds I bred a dragon I didn't already have. And winning a tournament is easy now...

Don't be so sure Anaboe. I haven't bred a new dragon for ages and I had three Mists on my three nests all at once a couple of days ago! I am selling Rainbows and trading Cupcakes (I remember striving to get Cupcake when she was released, now I get her as fails). The last two tournaments have been pretty good (Dueler gave me a battle royal though) and the Tales just need a bit of planning.

My biggest issue? SPACE!! Expanding takes SO LONG! I've even got the food production sort of down to a routine that works for me now - I finished the last Tales with excess food - in fact my required daily production figure was negative with three days to go! LOL

Now, I certainly do not have countless epic dragons. ONE solitary Level 15 and about 21 between levels 10 and 12. I cannot breed Winter Lily or Ice Queen for the life of me. I already have 8 diamonds, but I bought the Value Pack because I decided there is nothing wrong with bringing in new breeding stock when said stock seemingly can't be bred from the existing genetic pool! LOL

owa411
11-20-15, 04:54 PM
You're my hero!! [], that's a lot of food 

devlinholics
11-20-15, 05:33 PM
I am so happy I can skip this tales event the final prize is really not appealing to me n, I like cute dragons but not Barbie type dragon range... Sorry no offense to players who like this dragon

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 05:57 PM
I'm wondering if we get to use the Haunted Runestones finally - maybe to craft that clock?

lindseyny
11-20-15, 05:59 PM
I'm torn! I love the second dragon, and I SHOULD love the Cursed Beauty since I love most, if not all, of the pink dragons. I'm not sure about it, though. I'm gonna go as far as I can without stressing over it.

lindseyny
11-20-15, 06:00 PM
I'm wondering if we get to use the Haunted Runestones finally - maybe to craft that clock?

I was wondering the same thing!

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 06:10 PM
For those of us NOT at Anaboe's dizzy elevated heights with millions of apples, like me sitting on a lowly 76,000 here is my food production routine if it helps anyone. As I said above, I ended up "in credit" last tales, food to spare.

My food production routine, if it helps anyone, is as follows:

7 am Plant 4 x Diamondates + 3 x Pumpwings = 3,875

12 pm Rinse and repeat = 3,875

5 pm Rinse and repeat = 3,875

10 pm plant Eliteleeks x 7 = 2,275

Total for 24 hours is 13,900. Total for 10 days 139,000

Plus there should be some food prizes and maybe a food quest.

I'm not planting 7 farms of Diamondates because I am saving coins for a Treasure Terrace.

Passera
11-20-15, 06:17 PM
Does anyone here know by when we need to start? Next week is a very very busy time for me and this will determine whether or not I do this thank you in advance !

blackeneddove
11-20-15, 06:53 PM
For those of us NOT at Anaboe's dizzy elevated heights with millions of apples, like me sitting on a lowly 76,000 here is my food production routine if it helps anyone. As I said above, I ended up "in credit" last tales, food to spare.

My food production routine, if it helps anyone, is as follows:

7 am Plant 4 x Diamondates + 3 x Pumpwings = 3,875

12 pm Rinse and repeat = 3,875

5 pm Rinse and repeat = 3,875

10 pm plant Eliteleeks x 7 = 2,275

Total for 24 hours is 13,900. Total for 10 days 139,000

Plus there should be some food prizes and maybe a food quest.

I'm not planting 7 farms of Diamondates because I am saving coins for a Treasure Terrace.

Why not plant Rushrooms while you're battling? During tourneys when I try to battle every hour (and any other time I know I will be able to check my game more frequently, I plant Rushrooms.

300 food/hr + 7 farms = 2100/food/hr (182,000 coins)

Of course I can't always check my game every hour & when I know I can't or anticipate not being able to, then I will plant Diamondates. Especially at bedtime, I always plant them. :)

When I have a bit of time to **** & am visiting nbrs, I plant Upgrapes.

100 food/10 minutes + 7 farms = 700 food per 10 minutes. (56,000 coins every 10 minutes)

Over the course of an hour, you could have 4200 food, (336,000 coins/hr) if you were to plant Upgrapes in all 7 farms every 10 minutes.

I've tried before, but I'm not that good lol - I've maybe gotten 3 or 4 rounds of Upgrapes in in an hour while visiting nbrs. (So like, I'd say my average is 2100 in 30 minutes, the same amount I would get for an hour of Rushrooms, but for less coins at 168,000 total for the 30 minutes)

I do this every day that I plan to visit my friends, which is most days, and I try to limit myself to 30 minutes because I don't have a lot of time these days. Every once in a while, I can visit for longer, which will yield in a larger harvest of Upgrapes. (more time = more Upgrapes :) )

Of course this way isn't feasible for everyone, especially if you're saving for a Treasure Terrace. And it's not the most time-effective. But it works in a pinch when you need food fast & you have a bit of time to ****. :)

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 06:59 PM
Because I've finished battling and also the Rushrooms deplete my coins too fast. I got caught doing that a week or two ago (forgot to do the calcs first, just planted ad infinitum!)

Sure, it rakes in the food, but I have other things I need those coins for - so it is a balancing act between producing food and saving for habitats (Treasure Terrace at the moment) and expansions - they are expensive these days!!! 336,000 coins per hour is more than my dragons earn per hour, so if I do that too much I go backwards! My dragons earn 120,626 per hour and that doesn't take into account the coins lost when the habitats fill up and aren't collected.

I do adapt as necessary if in a pinch, but the above is my regular routine, which so far has worked for me at my level and with work and school etc etc. When I'm working, there are just not enough hours in the day as I only get about 4 hours between work and sleep.

19sparkles96
11-20-15, 10:42 PM
As COMPLETED in BOTH my games on iPad Mini 4

............................IOS LEVEL 198............................................... ...........IOS LEVEL 53........................................

"It was another dreary day in the dilapidated chateau. The Beast Dragon rumbled about, scratching the wooden bannisters as he passed by in boredom. Dust coated everything within the estate. The only sign of life were swaths of footprints caused by the Beast roaming about angrily."

CH 1

1- Plant Buffbeets x6 Skip 6 gold......................................Plant Buffbeets x5 Skip 5 gold
2- Harvest Buffbeets x6 Skip 6 gold..................................Harvest Buffbeets x5

Prize Beast Dragon Unlock early 5 gold..............................Beast Dragon Unlock early 1 gold

"The chateau once housed a beloved family of fair Lords and ladies, yet that was ages ago. The only known inhabitant that remained was the Beast Dragon. With large horns and piercing eyes, anyone who saw him would turn tail and run away. His looks were scary, but his personality was a far worse crime. Rude, brash, and arrogant, the Beast was quite the unlikeable dragon."

CH 2

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold...............Raise your Beast Dragon to level 3 Skip 3 gold
2- Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold.......................Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold

Prize 500 XP and 12,000 coins Unlock early 10 gold............500 XP and 8,000 coins Unlock early 5 gold

"From high up in the estate, the Beast Dragon caught a glimpse of movement in the rose gardens below. Between the violet-red rose bushes wandered the most gorgeous, brilliant dragon he ever laid his eyes on. Her every movement was precise and light, as if she were the clouds above. The Beast rushed through the manor to find the Beauty Dragon."

CH 3

1- Harvest Impruberries x15 Skip 15 gold.........................Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold
2- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold
3- Have a Noble Crystal Skip 10 gold.............................................. .................................................. ..................

Prize 10,000 Apples Unlock early 15 gold..........................5,000 Apples Unlock early 10 gold

CH 4

"As he tore through the unkempt keeps and corridors, the Beast Dragon passed a lone alcove and slowly stopped. The alcove stored just one item: a tall, ornate, mirror. A blanket was placed over its reflective surface years ago, now coated in dust. The Beast Dragon hesitated for a moment but slowly grabbed the cloth and removed the blanket. Staring back at himself, the Beast Dragon's ire grew and grew until he punched the mirror, shattering the reflection of himself into dozens of smaller splinters. How could anyone love such a hideous creature?"

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 7 Skip 7 gold...............Plant Pumpwings x6 Skip 4 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x2 Skip 55 gold.....................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 6 Skip 6 gold
3- Craft Fancy Flooring Skip 20 gold.................................Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold

Prize The Miserable Mirror (A decoration)..........................Miserable Mirror Unlock early 10 gold
Unlock early 20 gold

CH 5

"Sulking in the dark, the Beast Dragon's attention moved towards a small, violet-red, rose petal that fluttered through a broken window. It traveled through the air between beams of sunlight speckled with dust particles. Landing gingerly in the palm of his outstretched paw, the Beast crushed the delicate petal between his massive claws. The flowers in the garden below were a constant reminder of the individual who cursed him to this place and form ages ago. It was time to confront the Cursed Rose Dragon..."

1- Plant Firaples x5 Skip 5 gold........................................Plant Buffbeets x5 Skip 5 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x3 Skip 85 gold.....................Have (Buy) a Noble Crystal Skip 10 gold
3- Collect Runestones from Harvesting x60 Skip 40 gold.....Collect (Harvest) Runestones x70 Skip 45 gold
(2-3 Runestones per 1hr food)
4- Breed Beast Dragon with another dragon Skip 20 gold....Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold

Prize 12,000 Apples Unlock early 25 gold..........................8,000 Apples Unlock early 15 gold

CH 6

"Running rampant through the chateau, the Beast was on the hunt for the Cursed Rose Dragon. As he flew furiously through the estate, his memory raced with thoughts of the Cursed Rose. Once a loyal servant of his family, the Cursed Rose Dragon placed a spell on Beast, turning him into the large monstrosity he is now. He told the Beast that his heart and personality had turned twisted and arrogant, unlike when he was a loving child, and the only way to help him was to curse him. To break the curse, Beast would have to prove that his personality was beautiful enough for one to love, but how could he do that when he looked so hideous?"

1- Hatch a Life Dragon Skip 25 gold.................................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 8 Skip 8 gold
2- Complete Who Am I? Quest Skip 15 gold......................Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold
3- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 10 Skip 20 gold...........Hatch a Life Dragon Skip 25 gold
.................................................. ................................4- Craft Fancy Flooring Skip 10 gold

Prize 10 Mystic Maps Unlock early 30 gold.........................7 Mystic Maps Unlock early 15 gold

CH 7

"The search for the Cursed Rose Dragon seemed futile. No matter how fast or how hard he searched, he couldn't find his elusive nemesis. As he combed through the estate, Beast couldn't help but feel that he was being watched... no one was around, but the feeling of eyes lurking in the shadows couldn't be shaken. Discouraged and dejected, the Beast Dragon gave up his search. As he sulked in the garden, violet-red petals floated by in the breeze, and as if he appeared out of thin air, the Cursed Rose Dragon stood in plain sight, staring right at Beast "

1- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold................Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x4 Skip 105 gold...................Raise your Beast Dragon to level 9 Skip 29 gold
3- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 11 Skip 22 gold...........Have Resilient Roses x2 Skip 20 gold
4- Have Resilient Roses x2 Skip 45 gold.............................................. .................................................. ...............
(3 hr Crafting, uses 2 Cursed Petals & 1 Skeletal Key)

Prize The Cursed Rose Dragon Unlock early 35 gold............Cursed Rose Dragon Unlock early 20 gold

CH 8

"Beast lunged at the Cursed Rose Dragon only to crash through hundreds of petals. The Cursed Rose now stood where the Beast lept. The Beast roared in fury, but the Cursed Rose was unmoved. In fact, the Cursed Rose Dragon almost seemed to pity the Beast. It explained to the large dragon the curse wasn't meant to torture Beast, but to try and help him. To be loved by others starts on the inside, and the Beast Dragon clearly hasn't learned that yet. Cursed Rose glanced over Beast's shoulder, who then turned and saw the Beauty Dragon wandering through the gardens. If she would ever love the Beast, he would have to change his ways."

1- Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold.....Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold
2- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold................Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold
3- Collect Runestones from Harvesting x50 Skip 35 gold.....Have Resilient Roses x3 Skip 40 gold

Prize 12,000 Apples Unlock early 45 gold..........................10,000 Apples Unlock early 20 gold

CH 9

"To gain the attention of the Beauty Dragon, who was wandering around the estate, Beast figured he must first clean up the chateau. He spent hours dusting, sweeping, and rebuilding to get the manor in a respectable state. All these years of neglect had taken its toll on the grounds, but after some hard work the Beast was surprised to see how good everything could look. The chateau was no longer dreary and grey, but warm and inviting. Beast took particular care to polish up the ballroom as well. Once everything was cleaned, he brought the broken mirror into the ballroom and sat there, reflecting on who he had become."

1- Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 7 Skip 7 gold.....Plant Impruberries x6 Skip 10 gold
2- Complete Your Own Good Quest Skip 15 gold................Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 6 Skip 6 gold
3- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 13 Skip 26 gold...........Raise your Beast Dragon to level 10 Skip 40 gold
4- Have Resilient Roses x4 Skip 99 gold............................Collect Runestones x60 Skip 40 gold

Prize 10 gold Unlock early 50 gold....................................10 gold Unlock early 25 gold

CH 10

"Joyous music played through the crisp air as the Beast Dragon danced to the steps of an ancient ballad. Humming to the music, eyes closed, a smile stretched across the Beast's face. He seemed to be in a world of his own, dancing through the ballroom until someone tapped him on the shoulder. His eyes shot open as he snapped back to reality by the visitor's interruption. Standing beside him was the Beauty Dragon, giggling to herself. The Beast Dragon blushed, having been caught dancing by himself. Before he turned in embarrassment, the Beauty grabbed him by the paw and pulled him to the center of the ballroom. There the two danced until the sun set on the restored chateau and blooming gardens. In the distance the Cursed Rose Dragon watched the two dancing in harmony and smiled. The Beast Dragon had finally become the the dragon he was meant to be "

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 15 Skip 195 gold.........Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold
2- Collect Runestones x50 Skip 35 gold............................Raise Cursed Rose Dragon to level 9 Skip 95 gold
3- Raise Cursed Rose Dragon to level 10 Skip 195 gold......Have Resilient Roses x5 Skip 95 gold
4- Win Battle Arena Matches x5 Skip 135 gold..................(Includes previous Roses) Only 3 Acts

Prize Beauty Dragon............................................ ..........Prize Beauty Dragon

added to post 1(KP)

lenasdinner
11-20-15, 11:26 PM
Does anyone here know by when we need to start? Next week is a very very busy time for me and this will determine whether or not I do this thank you in advance !

Until 11.24. Thats thusday.but you can start even 3 or 4 days later and finish 4 chapters in all one day.no pushing days with gold.depends what kind of act you need to do.you can finish 3-4 chapters in one day.
When you reach day that said to wait hours for next day you are on track and finish the next chapters one for each day until the end.
I played my first event like that and finished at time.

Simdiva
11-21-15, 04:17 AM
Wow I often get 1200 food from the food quest and won't even consider a map quest lol. At this point I am actually glad they took away the quest for gold as it appears the quest for crops has been much improved. Nice trade off at least to me. I know, flames will be licking at my heels lol

hiabarara
11-21-15, 04:21 AM
Wow I often get 1200 food from the food quest and won't even consider a map quest lol. At this point I am actually glad they took away the quest for gold as it appears the quest for crops has been much improved. Nice trade off at least to me. I know, flames will be licking at my heels lol

Pretty sure you're only lucky :b I got 5.000 food (or something similar) two times during the last two months and I've never have seen that amount before. But besides that I usually get 3.000 coins. I'll get 125 food or 500 food every three or four days if I'm lucky.

belbar22
11-21-15, 04:28 AM
IOS Level 197 on iPad mini 4

CH 1

1- Plant Buffbeets x6 Skip 6 gold
2- Harvest Buffbeets x6 Skip 6 gold

Prize Beast Dragon Unlock early 5 gold

CH 2

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 4 Skip 4 gold
2- Complete Who am I? Quest Skip 15 gold

Prize 500 XP and 12,000 coins Unlock early 10 gold

CH 3

1- Harvest Impruberries x15 Skip 15 gold
3- Have a Noble Crystal Skip 10 gold

Prize 10,000 Apples Unlock early 15 gold

CH 4

1- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 7 Skip 7 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x2 Skip 55 gold
3- Craft Fancy Flooring Skip 20 gold

Prize The Miserable Mirror (A decoration) Unlock early 20 gold

CH 5

1- Plant Firaples x5 Skip 5 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x3 Skip 85 gold
3- Collect Runestones from Harvesting x60 Skip 40 gold
4- Breed Beast Dragon with another dragon Skip 20 gold

Prize 12,000 Apples Unlock lock early 25 gold

CH 6

1- Hatch a Life Dragon Skip 25 gold
2- Complete Who Am I? Quest Skip 15 gold
3-

Thanks for this. Hatch a life dragon!!! You could spend days trying to breed a life dragon. Am I missing something?

hiabarara
11-21-15, 04:46 AM
Thanks for this. Hatch a life dragon!!! You could spend days trying to breed a life dragon. Am I missing something?

You could use Fire and Forest with 7 possible outcomes. Life would be the only common dragon and Dino would have the longest time with 12 hours. But still. It could take you more than one day if you're not lucky, that's true. Especially because not everyone has all day long to try. That sucks :/

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 04:50 AM
You could use Fire and Forest with 7 possible outcomes. Life would be the only common dragon and Dino would have the longest time with 12 hours. But still. It could take you more than one day if you're not lucky, that's true. Especially because not everyone has all day long to try. That sucks :/

If you have more than one nest, start trying now, if you get one just leave it until needed. An egg costs 50 gold from the market, cheaper to skip for 25. If we already have a life dragon, will it automatically credit for that task? Might we need it later in the Tales? Hmmmmmmm

19sparkles96
11-21-15, 05:25 AM
Just updated my Act chart on page 7, post #66.

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 05:34 AM

Sparkles, were you credited for already having a Life Dragon? I'm sure you have one!

zyfazix
11-21-15, 05:39 AM
"Hatch a Life Dragon" sounds like "Get lucky or spend gold trying"

I remember during the Art Gala you could spend 10 gold and not have to feed your Splatter dragon after reaching level 10. In Humble Harvest you needed 51 gold to skip feeding after Level 10 and in Haunt on Hex Hill it increased further to a 72 Gold. This is not a trend I want to continue.

19sparkles96
11-21-15, 05:52 AM
Sparkles, were you credited for already having a Life Dragon? I'm sure you have one!

No, you have to hatch a new one.

hiabarara
11-21-15, 05:56 AM
"Hatch a Life Dragon" sounds like "Get lucky or spend gold trying"

I remember during the Art Gala you could spend 10 gold and not have to feed your Splatter dragon after reaching level 10. In Humble Harvest you needed 51 gold to skip feeding after Level 10 and in Haunt on Hex Hill it increased further to a 72 Gold. This is not a trend I want to continue.

Don't get your hopes up. The Dragon Tales event is probably one of the most profit-producing events in Dragon Story. I'm absolutely not surprised they let us pay more and more gold for it. (I'm amazed we still "only" have to use 200k food. I was about 100% sure they would increase this number as well to make it more difficult.)
But actually seeing now how expensive it gets every time... Whoa.

JMThrive
11-21-15, 07:13 AM
It is "Hatch" not "Breed" meaning we can leave an egg on the nest until we need it?

lenasdinner
11-21-15, 08:34 AM
It is "Hatch" not "Breed" meaning we can leave an egg on the nest until we need it?

Yes right.is that mean that you have to hatch it right after that act start.or it can be allready on the nest??? Will try both ways breed it ad leave on nest or breed it when act start.to see what will work. Still dont know how smart that will be......will see on day 6.

lenasdinner
11-21-15, 08:46 AM
I was wondering the same thing!
Maybe when we collect 100 or 200 we can use them to craft a new dragon foe event or somewhere.allways something new ....we will see .I dont think we are collectin them just like that for fun.

BiteMe111
11-21-15, 10:42 AM
Could someone tell me what materials we will need for crafting Fancy Flooring and whatever else needs crafting? I'm crafting the Garnet dragon, so I can't check. Last time, we needed to send on a quest several times to get all the materials and the time before we needed blue stones, so I'd like to be prepared.

BiteMe111
11-21-15, 10:50 AM
Could someone tell me what materials we will need for crafting Fancy Flooring and whatever else needs crafting? I'm crafting the Garnet dragon, so I can't check. Last time, we needed to send on a quest several times to get all the materials and the time before we needed blue stones, so I'd like to be prepared.

Never mind, forgot I could check it on my baby account. You need a golden key, I'm guessing that's what you get from the second quest. To craft a "resilient rose" (which looks like a hedge), you need one of these keys and two of the rose bud things you get in the first quest. Time to start sending my dragon on both quests to collect some of these.

redstar177
11-21-15, 11:22 AM
Ughh, why do they put hair on dragons? Ice Queen has such ridiculous hair as well. I'll try my best to finish this Dragon Tales, but the Cursed Beauty dragon isn't something I really want. The first two dragons are okay, though.

Agreed. I won't be trying very hard in this Tales. A pink/white dragon with hair?! No thanks, not worth the food to get. I will probably stop the tales before getting her. Pink/white hasn't been great in the arena, and I already have all the other dragons with that combo.

I think the Beauty Dragon is ugly lol. If she didn't have the hair, she would be amazing though! Just completely ruins the whole look for me.

redstar177
11-21-15, 12:14 PM
Also, why in the world are these dragons not FAIRY TALE HYBRIDS?! It is obvious that they were all derived from the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. So why not make them hybrids of that underused type? I would try my very hardest to get these dragons if they were Fairy Tale types, but with their basic and common colors, I won't even try to finish the event (and save my food in the process!)

belarica
11-21-15, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm breeding a life dragon (or balloon) I will just leave it on a nest until it's needed :)

rasike
11-21-15, 01:48 PM
Oh no! Ch.10 act 1. is "Raise your Beast Dragon to level 15"! :eek: I wonder how much food we will need for that.

lenasdinner
11-21-15, 01:50 PM
Oh no! Ch.10 act 1. is "Raise your Beast Dragon to level 15"! :eek: I wonder how much food we will need for that.

WHAAAT ???? this is to much!!

hiabarara
11-21-15, 01:52 PM

Are you serious!? That's a bit more than 300.000 food to raise Beast Dragon from level 10 to level 15.
If that's true then I'll definitely not finish this event. I don't want the last dragon that much.

feonalily
11-21-15, 01:53 PM

Holy cow thats way too much food :(
how much to skip?

rado_nik
11-21-15, 02:02 PM
1. Beast dragon from lvl 1 to lvl 15 - 342 960 food
2. Cursed Rose dragon from lvl 1 to lvl 10 - 38 460 food
3. rewards: 22 000 food
4. TOTAL: 359 420 food required

Bastiaan0
11-21-15, 02:32 PM

That's............. ridiculously insane :mad:
Theoratically I should be able to do this, as I am now at 238815 apples. But if this is true, I won't.
I wonder what would happen next Tales if nobody finishes these, like S8 would've created a dragon no-one has to show...

belarica
11-21-15, 02:54 PM
Holy cow thats way too much food :(
how much to skip?

195 to skip. I will have enough food but my husband won't be able to finish. Kinda pissed off, regretting spending money for the unicorn value pack now.

feonalily
11-21-15, 03:03 PM
195 to skip. I will have enough food but my husband won't be able to finish. Kinda pissed off, regretting spending money for the unicorn value pack now.

Too much gold. Looks like im out of this tales too

19sparkles96
11-21-15, 03:25 PM

Sandybellee
11-21-15, 03:28 PM

Yeah, no way I would spend that many apples on this even if I had that many to spend!!! I'll definitely pass on this tales to feed the dragons I want to feed.

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 04:18 PM
deleted my original text here - I just read back - so it IS level 15 this time? Time to recalculate my food requirements! Are we sure this isn't a transcription error?

On reflection, I can't say I am surprised, really. Players begged to go to higher levels and got Level 15 available. Ultimately this would become the target for Dragon Tales as a result.

I much more surprised about the "hatch a Life Dragon" task to be honest. That is just odd because of the unpredictability of breeding. Plus those with only one next will be at a disadvantage as the day before Beast has to be bred with another dragon.

Juggling this and one nest could be difficult with work, school, family - real life obligations.

I'd need to produce nearly 26,000 apples a day. Not sure I can afford that!

381,420 Total both
100,000 On Hand
(22,000) Prizes to come
259,420 Need to produce
10 Days remaining
25,942 Produce per day

feonalily
11-21-15, 04:50 PM
deleted my original text here - I just read back - so it IS level 15 this time? Time to recalculate my food requirements! Are we sure this isn't a transcription error?

On reflection, I can't say I am surprised, really. Players begged to go to higher levels and got Level 15 available. Ultimately this would become the target for Dragon Tales as a result.

I much more surprised about the "hatch a Life Dragon" task to be honest. That is just odd because of the unpredictability of breeding. Plus those with only one next will be at a disadvantage as the day before Beast has to be bred with another dragon.

Juggling this and one nest could be difficult with work, school, family - real life obligations.

I'd need to produce nearly 26,000 apples a day. Not sure I can afford that!

381,420 Total both
100,000 On Hand
(22,000) Prizes to come
259,420 Need to produce
10 Days remaining
25,942 Produce per day

I REEEEAAALLLY hope its an error but I doubt it. Really wanted that beauty lol

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 04:57 PM
I REEEEAAALLLY hope its an error but I doubt it. Really wanted that beauty lol

Yes, I hope it is a typo too!

I've just worked out how I can produce 26,000 a day and it makes a SERIOUS dent in my working capital (i.e. coins).

I am sure the lower level players will have different goals - it may well be that there are three tiers of tasks this time - do we know that yet?

After all, the Billionnaires keep complaining they have nothing to spend their coins on, we just got level increases to 200 - maybe part of that is making Tales more challenging for the highest level players. I have to admit even I at (then) less than 100 found the last Tales quite easy. Quite a few others said the same thing.

I've got a couple more days to stock pile food - I'll give it a whirl and see how I go, but I am not letting my working capital drop too low and I don't spend gold on Tales unless the spend is negated by a gold prize (I did that in one of them, forget which one, may have been Art Gala).

lauraleighashby
11-21-15, 05:34 PM
I try to have 200K food stockpiled for Tales, but didn't expect one so soon. Would like to have the final dragon with the ultra rare rating, but like the second dragon better. Only started with 130K food this time so will just see how far I get. Already trying to breed a Life dragon because I don't want to spend 50gold for one.

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 05:42 PM
That's............. ridiculously insane :mad:
Theoratically I should be able to do this, as I am now at 238815 apples. But if this is true, I won't.
I wonder what would happen next Tales if nobody finishes these, like S8 would've created a dragon no-one has to show...

Bastiaan0 there are players with food balances of a million plus. Those high level players will do it easily. Mid-range players will be the ones that struggle.

Just like in real life - the middle class always cop it!

jaymieb2
11-21-15, 07:41 PM
With unexpectedly long incubation times on the nest and in the evolution chamber - as well as difficulty winning battles, the last Tale was very challenging for me. I ended up spending a pretty penny - far more than I planned - between the tournament and the Tale.
:-(

I am close to done with this tournament, but I don't think I will get the final prize in this Tale. :-(

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 07:56 PM
I try to have 200K food stockpiled for Tales, but didn't expect one so soon. Would like to have the final dragon with the ultra rare rating, but like the second dragon better. Only started with 130K food this time so will just see how far I get. Already trying to breed a Life dragon because I don't want to spend 50gold for one.

I did the same re the Life dragon and got it first try, so it will sit on the nest for the next 7 or 8 days!

hon3ycomb
11-21-15, 07:57 PM

Yes. The reason why I'm starting this a bit late is because I wanna breed these dragons (Ice Queen in particular since it's here for a limited time). I've also saved up 25 bombs and I ain't wasting them on another Garnet for sure.

minicooper11
11-21-15, 09:50 PM
Warning for the uninformed:

A dragon you receive from dragon tales that has the in game classification as ultra rare behaves the same way as any unbreedable dragon in the battle arena. This means your brand new Beauty dragon that you spent 360k food to acquire is the exact same thing as cotton candy or any other unbreedable pink/white dragon and hence is not even as strong as a super rare! :eek:

If you've got a thing for pretty pink dragons with blonde hair then go for it :rolleyes: If not then maybe it might be a good idea to pass on this absurd attempt to get you to waste a very valuable amount of food and I'm sure in a lot of cases gold. Save your food for champions, diamonds, and super rares. Just my two cents.... Happy breeding

jaymieb2
11-21-15, 10:08 PM
Yes. The reason why I'm starting this a bit late is because I wanna breed these dragons (Ice Queen in particular since it's here for a limited time). I've also saved up 25 bombs and I ain't wasting them on another Garnet for sure.

Um... isn't the Garnet Dragon here until the 24th? I don't want to use my precious bombs toward parts of a dragon that I will never craft, but I also don't want to lose out on the apple and coin benefits from mining, either. I will try to maintain my bomb level at 18 until the 24th... then let my total creep towards the maximum. Going to make every bomb count toward food for this Tale, and every coin count towards a Treasure Trove if a Gold Dragon is offered for Black Friday. :-)

Good luck with the Ice Queen! I have a very difficult time breeding dragons with three attributes...
Jaymie :-)

newzealander
11-21-15, 10:11 PM

A dragon you receive from dragon tales that has the in game classification as ultra rare behaves the same way as any unbreedable dragon in the battle arena. This means your brand new Beauty dragon that you spent 360k food to acquire is the exact same thing as cotton candy or any other unbreedable pink/white dragon and hence is not even as strong as a super rare! :eek:

If you've got a thing for pretty pink dragons with blonde hair then go for it :rolleyes: If not then maybe it might be a good idea to pass on this absurd attempt to get you to waste a very valuable amount of food and I'm sure in a lot of cases gold. Save your food for champions, diamonds, and super rares. Just my two cents.... Happy breeding

Agreed. If we don't take a stand and make it clear to S8 that targets like this are just not worth it to us, they will keep them coming. Remember that for every one of us on this forum that is outraged by this, there will be at least as many that use gold to buy the necessary food, so this is a big earner for them. We just need to make sure we send them a message that this is not what we want, and that we won't keep caving in and taking part.

For this set of Tales: I'm out.

Heleckie
11-21-15, 10:18 PM
I received a dragon to raise to level 4 and now that egg is gone and no dragon. Im told to wait 5 hours for the next chapter. Has that happened to anyone?

random59
11-21-15, 10:25 PM
Totally agree, such a waste of food for a dragon, not falling into that trap. I know that some people will spend gold to buy the extra food but maybe if enough players give up on the Tale half through the Tale it may send TL a message!

mylilstina
11-21-15, 10:36 PM
Thanks so much to all of the experienced players for the information in these forums. I definitely do not need to be using precious food for a Dragon that is not going to be very beneficial. We newer players would be lost without your input

bozotc19
11-21-15, 10:45 PM
TeamLava can kiss my butt. This is impossible to achieve without either entering with 150000 apples or spending cash. I can't imagine why they would piss off the people who pay their salaries. I am so close to calling it quits with this bs they keep shoving at us. There is no chance I will complete this quest as it is laid out. If I continue to play this game.....I will spend my apples on something else besides a worthless beast dragon. Shame on you, TL!

devlinholics
11-21-15, 10:48 PM
I am not a fan for design for the ultra rare Barbie dragon.... Have a few question since I think I just do it for the food quest 22k apples is a lot...
Question
1)What elements is the first dragon? Just black?
2) what elements is the second dragon?
3) can 22k apples be enough to level first dragon to lvl 11?

Thanks if any1 knows the answer

Edit: I only have 15k apples I rather use it to lvl up my desire dragons please MORE dragon tales events giving Barbie ultra rare so I can skip n not be stressful for 2weeks n lvl my desire dragons :p

bozotc19
11-21-15, 10:49 PM
Yeah, count me out of this nonsense. I just regret spending my apples to level up the stupid beast dragon to level 10.....if I had only known! I appreciate the info this forum has given....because I quit!

Hannah396
11-21-15, 11:15 PM
Any info on goals for Day 3?

Dragosle
11-21-15, 11:19 PM
"Beauty and the Beast" of Dragon Story confirmed. I wonder if we're gonna get "A Christmas Carol" of DS when Christmas come this year.

Also see many say that Beauty dragon look like a Barbie but I myself quite not really see her like that (despite she's indeed pink and blonded :p ). I quite like her actually and I can't really wait to get her with Beast in the Ballroom huehuehue... :cool:

The only think I don't like about this Tales is the food to feed the first 2 dragons is too high, and there's no food quest either :(

I am not a fan for design for the ultra rare Barbie dragon.... Have a few question since I think I just do it for the food quest 22k apples is a lot...
Question
1)What elements is the first dragon? Just black?
2) what elements is the second dragon?
3) can 22k apples be enough to level first dragon to lvl 11?

Thanks if any1 knows the answer

Edit: I only have 15k apples I rather use it to lvl up my desire dragons please MORE dragon tales events giving Barbie ultra rare so I can skip n not be stressful for 2weeks n lvl my desire dragons :p

You can check for the answer at the wikia page of Dragon Story. Sorry but I'm a bit lazy to scroll around the page to get all the info right now.

A bit on the food matter though, you'll need about 60k of apples to get the first 2 Dragons (Beast and Cursed Rose) from lv7 to lv10 alone. So 22k is (and far) not enough!

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 11:42 PM
Any info on goals for Day 3?

See the first page of this thread.

Jewelnan
11-21-15, 11:46 PM
Read all the posts and decided I wont go for end dragon. Thanks everyone for the heads up before I rush blindly in:-\ Would much rather level up a gold dragon I have which is starving . Thanks again :-)

555KC555
11-22-15, 12:11 AM
What is Nobel cristal and how do I get it?

kimandamelia
11-22-15, 12:24 AM
I wish they'd stop making the Noble Crystal part of the acts, we always have 50 people asking the same questions every time when all they have to is read the first post.

I am not thrilled with having to level a dragon to 15 and will not buy food or pay gold to pass. If I am able to grow enough, I will do it, but only if I grow it. This is reminding me of the gem ovens released in Bakery and Restaurant, everyone threw a fit. Things have really changed since teamlava is out....

Iloveasherbuns
11-22-15, 12:42 AM
You would think they would let you have a habitat for every dragon they offer, otherwise, what's the point?

Dragosle
11-22-15, 01:11 AM
You would think they would let you have a habitat for every dragon they offer, otherwise, what's the point?

They did actually! It's just not free... not anymore :(

Bonniedalton
11-22-15, 01:30 AM
I much more surprised about the "hatch a Life Dragon" task to be honest. That is just odd because of the unpredictability of breeding[/QUOTE]

It's odd that team lava has upped this challenge so soon. I barely made the last tales and I had more food. I'm not going to stress on getting the end dragon. It's too much.

I already had a life dragon egg so I'm going to wait until I need it on the tale to hatch. Murphy's law dictates if you need life dragon that's not what you'll breed.

rado_nik
11-22-15, 03:08 AM
Right now I see so Chapter 8 have food for reward

1. Beast dragon from lvl 1 to lvl 15 ---------- 342 960 food
2. Cursed Rose dragon from lvl 1 to lvl 10 -- 38 460 food
3. rewards: (10 000 + 12 000 + 12 000) ---- 34 000 food
4. -------------------------------------- TOTAL: 347 420 food required

zyfazix
11-22-15, 03:38 AM
These tasks are bull****, try finding your head and screwing it back on your body Storm8

I do really like the design of the Cursed Rose dragon so I will bring that to my island as main prize for this tales

bakerystoe
11-22-15, 03:50 AM
We need food to do this! plz Add some more farms but u need to minimize the farm! it's need to get smaller so we can easily to put it in a smal place!

jawi1994
11-22-15, 04:09 AM
Everything else seems fine. I have the hardext time winning arena battles

hiabarara
11-22-15, 04:10 AM
TeamLava can kiss my butt. This is impossible to achieve without either entering with 150000 apples or spending cash. I can't imagine why they would piss off the people who pay their salaries. I am so close to calling it quits with this bs they keep shoving at us. There is no chance I will complete this quest as it is laid out. If I continue to play this game.....I will spend my apples on something else besides a worthless beast dragon. Shame on you, TL!

These tasks are bull****, try finding your head and screwing it back on your body Storm8

I do really like the design of the Cursed Rose dragon so I will bring that to my island as main prize for this tales

I agree with you all. And maybe all the mods are asleep right now because yesterday I wrote that it would be a huge "Screw you" to S8 if we wouldn't participate to get that unbelievably expensive dragon and then my post got deleted :rolleyes: So I'll just quote your posts because obviously I'm not alone with my opinion!

And I didn't know about this! I had some hope that it would be actually "ultra rare" (as advertised). I never tried them in the arena, though. Why the heck would you call it "ultra rare" if it doesn't have the same effect in the arena as Diamond? sigh

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 04:16 AM
Hiabarara, that applies to all non-breedables including the Champions. A rare and super rare Champion have the same mathematical rarity rating in the Arena, according to the experts. It is only one variable in the battle formula, so take that into consideration too.

Jewelnan
11-22-15, 04:30 AM
I have put two of these prize dragons in arena nearly always loose. When u face them in arena did first wonder if u can beat them to win said dragon,why would u want/need it. But now I am much more soffisticated lol:-)

Bastiaan0
11-22-15, 04:32 AM
I agree with you all. And maybe all the mods are asleep right now because yesterday I wrote that it would be a huge "Screw you" to S8 if we wouldn't participate to get that unbelievably expensive dragon and then my post got deleted :rolleyes: So I'll just quote your posts because obviously I'm not alone with my opinion!

And I didn't know about this! I had some hope that it would be actually "ultra rare" (as advertised). I never tried them in the arena, though. Why the heck would you call it "ultra rare" if it doesn't have the same effect in the arena as Diamond? sigh
That was a reaction to my previous post, merely putting my exact thoughts to words! So, indeed, be careful how you describe you frustrations!

Another thing on the final ultra rare dragon: I just found out that Spirit Queen (final prize from previous tales) is not tradable, despite the normal colors (black-pink-white). I guess it will be the same for Beauty.

cinnamoncheesecake
11-22-15, 04:36 AM
I agree...love the Tales but a bigger break to take care of/feed/evolve our existing dragons would be nice...
It would be cool if we could feed a couple of our neighbors dragons during visits, even if it were one apple to 3 different dragons per visit/day. That would probably help motivate players to interact with their neighbors more too. Or maybe have a "request help from neighbors" option to help feed your dragons when they reach level 10 that we can click every 24 hours.

hiabarara
11-22-15, 04:42 AM
Hiabarara, that applies to all non-breedables including the Champions. A rare and super rare Champion have the same mathematical rarity rating in the Arena, according to the experts. It is only one variable in the battle formula, so take that into consideration too.
Ah, okay. I never knew that! But I always had the feeling my Super Rare Champion had better results than my Rare Champion. Apparently it's just random again :D But I learned something new here.

That was a reaction to my previous post, merely putting my exact thoughts to words! So, indeed, be careful how you describe you frustrations!

Another thing on the final ultra rare dragon: I just found out that Spirit Queen (final prize from previous tales) is not tradable, despite the normal colors (black-pink-white). I guess it will be the same for Beauty.
For a second I thought I didn't send the message or my internet connection went off, but you saw it, so I'm not crazy :D Yeah, I might need to calm down a bit. I'm just so frustrated because that game is actually so much fun and I really like to play it, so of course I want to keep playing it. But when it gets more and more impossible to play it without spending money then I'll lose my interest in it. And that sucks because I spent so much time every day with this game :/ It would be a shame to abandon it suddenly.

Dragosle
11-22-15, 04:43 AM

Because rarity also decide what you will get if you trade the dragon. Also maybe 'cause "Ultra" sound better than "Super" for S8.

But seriously, who would wanna trade a dragon that you have to go through all the trouble and food-spending-spree to get? It's sad but that how it goes with the Arena :(

hiabarara
11-22-15, 04:46 AM
Because rarity also decide what you will get if you trade the dragon.

But seriously, who would wanna trade a dragon that you have to go through all the trouble and food-spending-spree to get? It's sad but that how it goes with the Arena :(
That's the first point. But the second one is that you can't even trade them apparently. Look what Bastiaan0 just wrote:

cinnamoncheesecake
11-22-15, 04:47 AM
I'm new to this forum and not quite sure how but my last post was supposed to be for the conversations about the tales and ways to get more food..etc

hiabarara
11-22-15, 05:07 AM
I'm new to this forum and not quite sure how but my last post was supposed to be for the conversations about the tales and ways to get more food..etc

This is the conversation about the Tales, so I think you're in the correct thread :)
And I really do like your idea. Not sure how efficient it would be to feed one apple, but it might help to actually be active and communicate with your neighbours. If you can choose which dragon you want to feed then it would be quite cool. I like that idea :)

cinnamoncheesecake
11-22-15, 05:16 AM
This is the conversation about the Tales, so I think you're in the correct thread :)
And I really do like your idea. Not sure how efficient it would be to feed one apple, but it might help to actually be active and communicate with your neighbours. If you can choose which dragon you want to feed then it would be quite cool. I like that idea :)

More apples would be great! I was trying to keep my request reasonable so it would be considered Lol

Jennerwein1
11-22-15, 05:36 AM
I always keep between 300k and 400k food (right now I have 520k or so), because I only plant diamond dates, several times a day, and having only 1 Evolution Temple severely limits my ability to evolve my dragons up. Hint hint!!!! It is always full. The tournaments are too frustrating, almost as bad as FFS, which I finally deleted.
And Thank You to everybody for the heads up info. ������

belbar22
11-22-15, 06:29 AM
I have no intention of feeding beast to L15 so will just stop after 1 get the first two dragons. I normally love the challenge of completing the tales events but TL have just ruined it. Very disappointing. Hope this is not going to be the norm for all future events.

Betsy0923
11-22-15, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know how many coins/hr you get from the Beast and the Cursed Rose dragons? I am limited in space for another habitat because I keep running into the 800k plants every time I try to expand. Grrrrrr! I have stopped breeding for now until I can earn enough to clear another area. I was thinking I might just get the two dragons and not even try for the Beauty because I won't have enough food, if it looks worthwhile.

jaymieb2
11-22-15, 07:44 AM
You also can't trade Lotus... I was very disappointed when I found that out! :-(

Jaymie

Bastiaan0
11-22-15, 08:00 AM
Because rarity also decide what you will get if you trade the dragon. Also maybe 'cause "Ultra" sound better than "Super" for S8.

I'm not going to trade it, it's just that it is different from other trades. Don't know about Autumn, never got that. Nouveau is a rainbow hybrid and therefore not tradable. The only other ultra rares are the diamond family, they can be traded (or at least the 8 species I have).

Does anyone know how many coins/hr you get from the Beast and the Cursed Rose dragons? I am limited in space for another habitat because I keep running into the 800k plants every time I try to expand. Grrrrrr! I have stopped breeding for now until I can earn enough to clear another area. I was thinking I might just get the two dragons and not even try for the Beauty because I won't have enough food, if it looks worthwhile.
Beast will give 652 coins/hour at level 10, don't know about level 15. Haven't got Cursed Rose yet, but usually the first two dragons in a tale are (very) bad coin givers. I think that is also a reason people are not very eager to feed these dragons to high levels.

hiabarara
11-22-15, 08:01 AM

Beast Dragon level 10 = 652 coins/hour
I don't know about Cursed Rose Dragon, but I took a look at Harvest, Comic and Ghost Armor (the second prizes from the last Dragon Tales events) and I guess Cursed Rose level 10 will give you ~ 1.200 coins/hour.

devlinholics
11-22-15, 08:03 AM

Sadly, the only way to earn from DT is just stop when u finish total 22k apples, lvl up beast to just lvl7, u earn a free dragon n GAIN 15k+ apples so you can level your desire dragons....

But if you want to get the second dragon so call Super rare, yr beast needs to lvl to 11 which depletes extra 50k+ or more apples including yr 22k apples reward. Beast lvl10 earns 600+ per hour, 1000+ for the second dragon...

Remember ghost Armour from last event? Super rare but still useless in battles

There will always be new dragons or better dragons in future, u never know in maybe few years this Barbie dragon might be in the spinning wheel lol... I think dun stress ourselves too much or spend $$ on gold unless you really love this dragon....your game your choice

feonalily
11-22-15, 10:00 AM
Can a mod verify if the food cost for this tales is correct?

Dragosle
11-22-15, 10:11 AM
That's the first point. But the second one is that you can't even trade them apparently. Look what Bastiaan0 just wrote:

Hmm, that's odd. Since I haven't take my Spirit Queen out of storage yet so I can't confirm this myself. But I do have the Time Travel (also a final prize from previous Dragon Tales and also Ultra Rare) out and it's tradeable like normal. Dunno if it was just a specific case for Spirit Queen (S8 do make some specific dragon untradeable despite that they should be tradeable following the game's logic).

Guess we'll see about Beauty case once I'm finish this Tales :p

19sparkles96
11-22-15, 11:29 AM
My Time Travel Dragon is tradeable, but not my Spirit Queen, Nouveau, Autumn, or Dark Crystal dragons.

Aaaaand, I just updated my Act chart on page 7, post #66.

I realize there are valid complaints about the tales, but the focus of this thread should be on completing them, for those who are trying to. I am doing my part to help those trying.

Zeffra
11-22-15, 11:53 AM
If you have more than one nest, start trying now, if you get one just leave it until needed. An egg costs 50 gold from the market, cheaper to skip for 25. If we already have a life dragon, will it automatically credit for that task? Might we need it later in the Tales? Hmmmmmmm

The last act before you hatch a life dragon is to breed the beast dragon though. I have a heck of a time remembering to not automatically clear any finished actions when doing something there. I clear quests too early by accident all the time.

Already having one never counts.

Simdiva
11-22-15, 02:21 PM
Sadly, the only way to earn from DT is just stop when u finish total 22k apples, lvl up beast to just lvl7, u earn a free dragon n GAIN 15k+ apples so you can level your desire dragons....

But if you want to get the second dragon so call Super rare, yr beast needs to lvl to 11 which depletes extra 50k+ or more apples including yr 22k apples reward. Beast lvl10 earns 600+ per hour, 1000+ for the second dragon...

. So
Remember ghost Armour from last event? Super rare but still useless in battles

There will always be new dragons or better dragons in future, u never know in maybe few years this Barbie dragon might be in the spinning wheel lol... I think dun stress ourselves too much or spend $$ on gold unless you really love this dragon....your game your choice

Beg to differ, first, I fail to see how any super rare is useless in battles. I have used ghost in battles and he has won. I take issue with that particular statement. Secondly, even tho these tales dragons may not be particularly great at giving coins, they are unbreedable which automatically enhances their value and their ability to fight. I will not say most, but many of us do not particularly care about the coin return. We have other dragons for that. The grand prize if you choose to obtain it certainly gives good coin but their has to be a cost involved for getting such a good prize. I'm not picking on you for whining but I find in general that people forget that this is first and foremost a game. And you don't always win the grand prize and nor are we entitled to if we are not willing to put both the effort or the $$ if we can't get the job done.

Simdiva
11-22-15, 02:32 PM

who actually wrote that guide tho, and have the rules been changed for the ultra rares because I've found them to be kicking butt in the ring, for examp,e scarecrow and autumn are the same colors. I sure as heck am going to take autumn into the ring before scarecrow.

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 03:34 PM
who actually wrote that guide tho, and have the rules been changed for the ultra rares because I've found them to be kicking butt in the ring, for examp,e scarecrow and autumn are the same colors. I sure as heck am going to take autumn into the ring before scarecrow.

Sim, I was just pointing out the unbreedable category is not as "bad" as was being suggested by a previous poster. There is considerable over-reaction happening around the place, I think.

Players asked for higher level dragons, more player levels, etc etc. these changes are granted, then when used in game play, many then complain. Of course, not all players asked for those changes and not all complain, but I think you get my drift.

I remember a bit of a hullabaloo when it was required to raise dragons to 13 in Tales. Next time around no-one batted an eyelid.

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 03:37 PM
My Time Travel Dragon is tradeable, but not my Spirit Queen, Nouveau, Autumn, or Dark Crystal dragons.

I realize there are valid complaints about the tales, but the focus of this thread should be on completing them, for those who are trying to. I am doing my part to help those trying.

Thank you Sparkles. A good reminder.

Simdiva
11-22-15, 03:40 PM
That's was exactly my point, sorry this was a response to Deedee.

jagarjag
11-22-15, 04:54 PM

19sparkles96: Just wanted to thank you for ur great efforts and updating of the lists. While I, too am frustrated and will probably not finish this quest, nonetheless you deserve a great applaud from all of us. Keep up the good work!!

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 05:44 PM
I've decided I will start these Tales tomorrow. I've made a choice between leveling up some young dragons (Champs, Winter Rose, Shadow) or committing to completing the Tales.

I have competing game priorities at the moment.

Black Friday sales are beckoning and I have objectives which hopefully will require the spending of 8,000,000 coins on a Treasure Terrace, so I don't want to let my coin balance drop below 8,000,000
I need coins to cover expansion costs (don't we all), about 1.2 million per expansion now
I need to spend 1,253,000 per day to produce enough food for the Tales
I want to level up Winter Rose and Shadow (and a LONG list of others)
I want, I want, I want.....

So I have to choose. This game is one, after all, of strategy, planning and choices.

I've chosen to do the Tales and prepare for Black Friday - the rest will have to wait. I can't do it all.

I've figured by adjusting my original/standard food production plan slightly I can produce the required food and still save about 1 million a day in coins providing I collect more frequently than normal.

The challenge! It is all a challenge!

chila1234
11-22-15, 06:41 PM
Where are the tasks for chapter 9 and 10?

deadpixel
11-22-15, 07:08 PM
1- Plant Firaples x5 Skip 5 gold
2- Win Battle Arena Matches x3 Skip 85 gold
3- Collect Runestones from Harvesting x60 Skip 40 gold (2-3 Runestones per 1hr food)
4- Breed Beast Dragon with another dragon Skip 20 gold

What a PIG!! Here he is looking for the love of his life and he goes out to have a fling before meeting her? :mad:

Too bad we have to raise him beyond Epic Form, I'd just rather leave him in Juvenile Form ... LOL! :D

_

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 07:17 PM
What a PIG!! Here he is looking for the love of his life and he goes out to have a fling before meeting her? :mad:

Too bad we have to raise him beyond Epic Form, I'd just rather leave him in Juvenile Form ... LOL! :D

_

You cracked me up!!! Thank you for lightening the mood around here!

Now you raise this issue, I'm not sure I want this dragon after all! :D :D

Actually, he has the fling BEFORE meeting her, it would be bad if he had it AFTER meeting her...... so maybe I'll give him a pass this one time..... :cool:

konstantine820
11-22-15, 08:02 PM
These take way too much time and are unrealistic unless you can dedicate 12-15 hours/day on your phone. I look fwd to tournaments and world events.

belarica
11-22-15, 08:06 PM
These take way too much time and are unrealistic unless you can dedicate 12-15 hours/day on your phone. I look fwd to tournaments and world events.

I'd say tournaments require more time a day than dragon tales

konstantine820
11-22-15, 08:10 PM

not if you have epic diamond and champ dragons :)

belarica
11-22-15, 08:12 PM

You still have to play once an hour, the tales steps can be finished pretty quickly.

jaymieb2
11-22-15, 08:19 PM

For me, tournaments take more time... especially the short duration tournaments. I spent about 4 minutes on day 1 of the tale... at the end of the tale, it is more like a tournament because you must return to battle opponents - win 5 battles, and then do 3-4 more things that take almost no time if you were able to plan ahead (thanks to this forum and the info that members so generously shared).

Jaymie :-)

DeeDe99
11-22-15, 08:20 PM

I agree. Tales is usually just a few minutes a day. Tournaments are once an hour, every hour.

Yes, in Tales you have to plant crops 4 times a day, but most players do that anyway to have enough food. Still just a few minutes a day.

waimanalokat
11-22-15, 10:39 PM
I find Tales a lot easier than tournaments. Tournaments require a minimum of 5 battles a day and I seldom complete them. I've finished every tale so far and only had to use a minimum of gold. Hoarding coins and food helps, I try to never get below a mil food and 200 mil coins.

L60Dragons
11-22-15, 11:06 PM
I agree. Tales is usually just a few minutes a day. Tournaments are once an hour, every hour.

Yes, in Tales you have to plant crops 4 times a day, but most players do that anyway to have enough food. Still just a few minutes a day.

Thanks for making me think! At level 193 I have the gold/food/coins etc. but I'm not playing this Dragon Tales. The dragons are not valuable and TL is really getting greedy. Also, In the las few months the coin screen keeps popping up. When I go to close it they charge me 1000 gold for 20,000,000 coins. I already have 960,000,000 coins so the last thing I need is coins. This has happened three times. I've been asking them to fix this but they do not acknowledge it as a problem that needs fixing.

lenasdinner
11-23-15, 02:06 AM
I am very disapointed at this moment.I will try to finish this,not so much for beauty dragon but for those runstones that we have to collect after we raise Beast to lvl15.we will probobly need them in the future for something.will be hard for me since I have only 240,000 of food and need I think 200,000 more to finish this.and at the and I will have 0 food for other dragons that I want to raise.I bearly made 2 champs at lvl 10 because of these tales.and I found a way to made it somehow,but now thay push the number even for more ,for double.and its more difficult.like thay dont make enough money.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 02:12 AM
Thanks for making me think! At level 193 I have the gold/food/coins etc. but I'm not playing this Dragon Tales. The dragons are not valuable and TL is really getting greedy. Also, In the las few months the coin screen keeps popping up. When I go to close it they charge me 1000 gold for 20,000,000 coins. I already have 960,000,000 coins so the last thing I need is coins. This has happened three times. I've been asking them to fix this but they do not acknowledge it as a problem that needs fixing.

How do you interpret this Dragon Tales that way? I don't see any money in it for them at all. Mind you, that is off topic for this thread.

As for the coin screen, perhaps try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Anaboe
11-23-15, 03:02 AM
Wow, a Life Dragon, AND raising your Beast to lvl 15 or pay 19x gold! I really don't know what I'll do: paying gold, or food. Since I make 25-30 gold a day, paying 19x gold doesn't seem so hard for me. And I'd really, really hate having worthless dragons in my lvl 11+ list: that list should only be for good fighters and prime parents!

But, I realise I'm very fortunate for having that choise, and most of my fellow players aren't. And I sure don't want to teach S8 the lesson that gold is easily spent in these Tales!

Not finishing is not an option to me... So I really don't know yet...

Jewelnan
11-23-15, 03:09 AM
Thanks again for focusing my thoughts and priorities. The food demands are too unrealistic for me. Why should I suddenly change my priorities because of a few dragons I never knew existed till a few days ago? So now I am gonna stop. Its called voting with my feet. :-)

zyfazix
11-23-15, 03:24 AM

This was before we knew what the tasks are for this Dragon Tales. If you want to keep your beast dragon at level 10 you'll have to spend 243 gold of which 195 is needed to skip the last step.
Since I only want the first two dragons I'll pay 22 gold to skip C7.3 (raise Beast to level 11) and go on to finish C8 to receive 12k food.

These two extra days will be useful to me because I start evolving an 18-hour dragon last night and forgot I have to raise the Beast dragon to level 4 for today's task >.<

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:58 AM
Heads up folks. I hear tell a level 53 player has different tasks in Chapter 4. I have no more detail at this stage, but keep your eyes peeled for differences.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 04:01 AM
This was before we knew what the tasks are for this Dragon Tales. If you want to keep your beast dragon at level 10 you'll have to spend 243 gold of which 195 is needed to skip the last step.
Since I only want the first two dragons I'll pay 22 gold to skip C7.3 (raise Beast to level 11) and go on to finish C8 to receive 12k food.

These two extra days will be useful to me because I start evolving an 18-hour dragon last night and forgot I have to raise the Beast dragon to level 4 for today's task >.<

It was 295 in Art Gala to skip feeding Comic to 10 though. 195 is actually a reduction.

Jewelnan
11-23-15, 04:59 AM
Still walking,cannot see them bringing out different tasks for people in the mid level range. If they were i am sure that they would have shouted if from the roof tops by now. If I am wrong will beg forgiveness while walking s tightrope with a monkey hitting me on the bottom.
Actually that sounds interesting in a weird way lol :-D

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 05:04 AM
Actually that sounds interesting in a weird way lol :-D

The visual was........I'd better not say, I'll stick to a G rating. :cool:

Oh and I have seen screens shots of the level 53. Keep the monkey warm..... :)

Jewelnan
11-23-15, 05:12 AM
May b selling tickets soon then just fed gold dragon to level 10

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 05:14 AM
Would you feed my two while you are at it please! The level 6 is particularly hungry.

Donnasadoptables
11-23-15, 05:41 AM
My Ch 3 only has 2 acts. The first is the complete the quest part. I'm level 57. And the reward as 5000 apples.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 05:58 AM
May b selling tickets soon then just fed gold dragon to level 10

My Ch 3 only has 2 acts. The first is the complete the quest part. I'm level 57

Jewelnan, artwork for tickets is in process now. :)

Donna, thank you for the update!

devlinholics
11-23-15, 06:58 AM
I am lvl52 rare class :p

Sorry but I will only update till chapter5 or till the quest where I gt the second food rewards.

Act 1-1 plant 4x 1hour food
Act 1-2 harvest 4x 1hr food
Reward: beast dragon ( 5hr hatching time)

Act 2-1 level beast dragon to lvl3, need total 100 apples ( yes we do not need to evolve)
Act 2-2 do 3hr quest with beast dragon
Reward: could not be bother

ninasidstorm8
11-23-15, 08:53 AM
I just finished Craft Fancy Flooring which is the 3rd Act of Chapter 4 but the game didn't give me credit for it until I forced closed the game and restarted.

zyfazix
11-23-15, 09:22 AM
It was 295 in Art Gala to skip feeding Comic to 10 though. 195 is actually a reduction.

I didn't count raising to level 10 because that level has been in the game for a very long time, doesn't require the noble crystal and does not require as much food as raising beyond level 10

deamon506
11-23-15, 09:31 AM
Anybody know why my events always start between 2-4 in the morning? It doesn't matter when I start the event, the next events always seem to unlock really early in the morning

hiabarara
11-23-15, 09:39 AM
Anybody know why my events always start between 2-4 in the morning? It doesn't matter when I start the event, the next events always seem to unlock really early in the morning

Pretty sure the event always starts the new day at 12 am MST. I started the event about two hours ago and it told me the next day starts in ~ 16 hours.

19sparkles96
11-23-15, 11:38 AM
Just updated my Act chart on page 7, post #66. And I'm working on adding the steps for mid level players. Luckily I'm on vacation this week since I type all this with my iPad.

anaghasaki
11-23-15, 12:06 PM
Read all the posts and decided I wont go for end dragon. Thanks everyone for the heads up before I rush blindly in:-\ Would much rather level up a gold dragon I have which is starving . Thanks again :-)

Same here.. will complete ch 8 and stop.. no use going any ahead of that..

hiabarara
11-23-15, 12:07 PM
Same here.. will complete ch 8 and stop.. no use going any ahead of that..

I started today and I'll definitely go the same way. Chapter 8 is the end for me as well.

Anaboe
11-23-15, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all your efforts, Sparkles! It really helps :)

For me, I think I quit feeding my beast after lvl 13, and skip the rest of the feeding with gold. Too bad I can't tell yet how expensive that is gonna be...

Simdiva
11-23-15, 12:42 PM
It's quite possible tho to get it done. I have now grown 150k just since starting plus leveled beast to nine. I am waiting for the mining to free up before taking him further. I will be quite happy to have a purple blue at fifteen since I have a red now. Then I can think about doing a white and yellow or perhaps next tales it will just be that way and I can start working on the prime dragons. I have most of the dragons I want for breeding anyhow except some elusive tricolours and three missing diamonds.

lizzierose2
11-23-15, 12:45 PM
Typo? Isn't 11/24 tomorrow? Tuesday?

Bastiaan0
11-23-15, 12:45 PM

CH 9

1- Raise your Cursed Rose Dragon to level 7 Skip 7 gold
3- Raise your Beast Dragon to level 13 Skip 26 gold
4- Have Resilient Roses x4 Skip 99 gold

Just updated my Act chart on page 7, post #66. And I'm working on adding the steps for mid level players. Luckily I'm on vacation this week since I type all this with my iPad.

As far as I'm concerned that's two big thumbs-up to you, one for typing out the complete tale (much better reading like this :)) and one for the effort to go all the way in these tales, thank you very much!

Saw your comment on chapter 9, looks like you can do the crafting in advance. I already have some fancy floorings crafted (they go very well with the treasure terrace, I'm going to craft as much as I can ;)), and finished chapter 4 right after I won two battles, didn't have to craft a new fancy flooring!

And yes, also for me these tales will come to an end after chapter 8. Will give me some extra time to breed that Life dragon, too.

Jennerwein1
11-23-15, 01:03 PM
Does "hatch life dragon " count if you sell straight from nest rather than placing in yet to be built habitat?

feonalily
11-23-15, 01:17 PM
Does "hatch life dragon " count if you sell straight from nest rather than placing in yet to be built habitat?

not sure but i'm gonna place mine just to be on the safe side. fire habitat is only 200c and i'll sell it afterwards

TheRamtops
11-23-15, 01:36 PM
Any advice on the best dragon to pair with Beast to get the shortest breeding time?

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 01:54 PM
Any advice on the best dragon to pair with Beast to get the shortest breeding time?

You can't escape the possibility of a 25 hour Penumbra, but I'm going with Night. Fewer possible results than most other options and most aren't too long

Bastiaan0
11-23-15, 02:27 PM
Breeding with Air can give some interesting results, like Rainbow, Cosmic, Peacock and Royal :)
I'll just use Olympus, like always during tales.
But whatever you choose, DO NOT use red, as it can give a 32 hour Titan!

19sparkles96
11-23-15, 02:31 PM

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 02:58 PM
Breeding with Air can give some interesting results, like Rainbow, Cosmic, Peacock and Royal :)
I'll just use Olympus, like always during tales.
But whatever you choose, DO NOT use red, as it can give a 32 hour Titan!

I forgot about Olympus - this is the first Tales I've actually had him - I remember you mentioning that before and I thought then "Must remember that".

Thanks for the reminder! I could do with an Olympus hybrid, he's a bit lonely all on his own.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:13 PM
I didn't count raising to level 10 because that level has been in the game for a very long time, doesn't require the noble crystal and does not require as much food as raising beyond level 10

You realise one day someone will post "I didn't count raising to level 15 because that level has been in the game for a very long time....." :cool:

Jennerwein1
11-23-15, 03:14 PM
not sure but i'm gonna place mine just to be on the safe side. fire habitat is only 200c and i'll sell it afterwards

Good idea. Thanks.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:14 PM
It's quite possible tho to get it done. I have now grown 150k just since starting plus leveled beast to nine. I am waiting for the mining to free up before taking him further. I will be quite happy to have a purple blue at fifteen since I have a red now. Then I can think about doing a white and yellow or perhaps next tales it will just be that way and I can start working on the prime dragons. I have most of the dragons I want for breeding anyhow except some elusive tricolours and three missing diamonds.

Plus looking at our discoveries to date re task variations, I think people who drop out might (and I DO say might) be dropping out unnecessarily. Only time will tell.

Anaboe
11-23-15, 03:38 PM
I'm on day 4, and start breeding for a Life Dragon (I have 3 nests, so keeping one occupied, ain't a bad thing). So far, I've bred a Tree frog (of which I have bred 5 in the last few days) and another 8-hour breeding. I don't speed with gold, but at this rate, I might be tempted to...

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 03:44 PM
I'm on day 4, and start breeding for a Life Dragon (I have 3 nests, so keeping one occupied, ain't a bad thing). So far, I've bred a Tree frog (of which I have bred 5 in the last few days) and another 8-hour breeding. I don't speed with gold, but at this rate, I might be tempted to...

Conversely, I've been breeding a heap of Life, so I just keep one egg sitting there until the next Life pops up, then I sell the first and let the 2nd incubate. Will keep doing same til Chpt 4 is done. Like you, three nests, so is OK.

lauraleighashby
11-23-15, 04:03 PM
Got a Wild fail with my first attempt at breeding a Life...success with the second try. Has been on the nest for over a day now. My biggest fear is that I wiil accidentally hatch it before I am supposed to.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 04:06 PM
Got a Wild fail with my first attempt at breeding a Life...success with the second try. Has been on the nest for over a day now. My biggest fear is that I wiil accidentally hatch it before I am supposed to.

You get a confirmation message if you accidentally hit the ready notification on the egg. If you do, just close the message with the little red X in the top right hand corner and the egg will stay on the nest.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 04:14 PM
I have never renamed any of my dragons but the default name of my Beast Dragon is Coral. This has to go. It just does NOT fit at all.

Is anyone aware of any issues experienced as a result of renaming?

JMThrive
11-23-15, 04:16 PM

I've had a Life dragon on one of my nests since Saturday. Never came close to tapping it.

feonalily
11-23-15, 04:21 PM
even if you tap it, you get a prompt to place it. there's no way you can accidentally hatch it lol

ozigal
11-23-15, 04:58 PM
I've had no probs when I have changed dragon's name dd99. I often change as I am a bit dopey what dragon is what.

I can't see myself finishing this tales..too much food required for my meagre supply. I seem to have coins and not much food or vickers versus. Clearing land is keeping me poor.

I have notice they have changed the dragon on offer in the current value pack..was a prime now a fire giant midway through. Is this the normal trend?

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 05:04 PM
I've had no probs when I have changed dragon's name dd99. I often change as I am a bit dopey what dragon is what.

I can't see myself finishing this tales..too much food required for my meagre supply. I seem to have coins and not much food or vickers versus. Clearing land is keeping me poor.

I have notice they have changed the dragon on offer in the current value pack..was a prime now a fire giant midway through. Is this the normal trend?

I just noticed that change in the Value Pack too. Very strange. There's been no thread about it either.

As for being food poor, what level are you? Seems this time higher levels than previous Tales are getting easier tasks, up to level 57 at least that we know of so far.

Thanks re the name change feedback!

ozigal
11-23-15, 05:27 PM
I just noticed that change in the Value Pack too. Very strange. There's been no thread about it either.

As for being food poor, what level are you? Seems this time higher levels than previous Tales are getting easier tasks, up to level 57 at least that we know of so far.

Thanks re the name change feedback!

I am in the nineties now..looking for food stamps lol
Yes real odd no one posted anything re the value pack..wondering if there was a lack of interest in it...sales weren't generated so S8 changed the dragon

[S8] Elsa
11-23-15, 05:32 PM
I am in the nineties now..looking for food stamps lol
Yes real odd no one posted anything re the value pack..wondering if there was a lack of interest in it...sales weren't generated so S8 changed the dragon

We're offering a new pack due to some players not being able to access Prime Dragons on older versions of the game. Since bundle packs are available to most players, we offered a different Dragon to accommodate all players who have bundle packs. :)

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 05:36 PM
Elsa;1210868']We're offering a new pack due to some players not being able to access Prime Dragons on older versions of the game. Since bundle packs are available to most players, we offered a different Dragon to accommodate all players who have bundle packs. :)

Excellent move! Thank you for the explanation.

ozigal
11-23-15, 06:12 PM
Elsa;1210868']We're offering a new pack due to some players not being able to access Prime Dragons on older versions of the game. Since bundle packs are available to most players, we offered a different Dragon to accommodate all players who have bundle packs. :)

Ty Elsa..I was hovering over the buy button so to speak and couldn't believe my eyes when I logged back in and saw a different dragon. Ty for the quick answer

Sumercarefree
11-23-15, 08:41 PM
Yes food cost can be expensive and time consuming.
Just collect whatever free dragons you get half way.
Do not over stress yourself.
I do the same thing for mining too.

nipkat
11-23-15, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know how many hours it takes to hatch & evolve the Cursed Beauty dragon? Just trying to plan my evolutions in advance, if possible. Thanks!

chuckyt888
11-23-15, 10:47 PM
I pre-crafted Fancy Flooring. When the quest to craft one came up and I tapped it, I didn't get credit. I also didn't get credit when I crafted a new Fancy Flooring. Can anyone else confirm if you have to initiate the crafting of it after you get the quest? Never had to do this before in previous Dragon Tales.

chuckyt888
11-23-15, 10:58 PM
Absolutely cannot believe the amount of gold/food required for this like everyone else. Unbelievable. Time for everyone to take a stand. LONG past due.

chuckyt888
11-23-15, 11:11 PM
I pre-crafted Fancy Flooring. When the quest to craft one came up and I tapped it, I didn't get credit. I also didn't get credit when I crafted a new Fancy Flooring. Can anyone else confirm if you have to initiate the crafting of it after you get the quest? Never had to do this before in previous Dragon Tales.

Found another in this thread with the same issue and others on the DS Wiki with the same issue. It's a confirmed bug. Have to restart the game and you get credit. So, I've wasted a key on another flooring.

Storm8/TL: How about fixing your code instead of trying to do everything you can to clean players out of gold and food for Dragon Tales? Or.... maybe this was an intentional bug.

EnchantedG
11-23-15, 11:40 PM

OMG!!! you are my GURU. I can never imagine not buying Gold and having so much Food (Touch wood) HOW HOW HOW????!!!! Hats off to you Man/Woman.

Count me in as one of your fans :) OMG Im in awe

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know how many hours it takes to hatch & evolve the Cursed Beauty dragon? Just trying to plan my evolutions in advance, if possible. Thanks!

I think you mean Cursed Rose Dragon. If so, 6 hours.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 11:54 PM
OMG!!! you are my GURU. I can never imagine not buying Gold and having so much Food (Touch wood) HOW HOW HOW????!!!! Hats off to you Man/Woman.

EnchantedG, I'm with Anaboe on this. Patience and planning. Strategy. I don't thing the Tales are that onerous, to be honest. The food production is working out well, Beast is actually quite cheap compared with other dragons around, to get to Level 15.

No, I don't have anywhere near 500k food - for now. But I certainly intend too.

The thing I like about Dragon Tales is doing them teaches me, as a player, good food production disciplines and planning of evolutions and so on that pays off for me in other aspects of the game.

I've now realised I can happily do Diamondates 4 times a day and still afford expansions. I expect to end this Tales with food left over, just like I did the last Tales.

All I have to decide now is which dragon I take to epic next. :)

EnchantedG
11-24-15, 12:26 AM
EnchantedG, I'm with Anaboe on this. Patience and planning. Strategy. I don't thing the Tales are that onerous, to be honest. The food production is working out well, Beast is actually quite cheap compared with other dragons around, to get to Level 15.

No, I don't have anywhere near 500k food - for now. But I certainly intend too.

The thing I like about Dragon Tales is doing them teaches me, as a player, good food production disciplines and planning of evolutions and so on that pays off for me in other aspects of the game.

I've now realised I can happily do Diamondates 4 times a day and still afford expansions. I expect to end this Tales with food left over, just like I did the last Tales.

All I have to decide now is which dragon I take to epic next. :)

Good strategy Deede99, for me at the moment i have 107K food, havent started the tales yet, im waiting for it to start on its own. But Girrrlllllll, the amount of food required is INSANE!!!!!!! i mean seriously! i really want my Diamond hybrids to be Epic, but at this rate i think all my dragons will remain where they are :(

Yes, i agree with you, this game does teach a lot, but seriously, we have LIFE to teach all this to us, the game can be FUN for a bit longer LOL.

i am already struggling with coins, just can never get more than i spend, ****! but i plan to plant Rushrooms which if i plant 17 hours a day on 7 farms in 10 days, i could have 357K, which should be more than enough to complete this tales, even if i start with 0, fortunately i hv 107K already. so like you i may finish with some food left :)

You know i was surprised to see this thread got sooo long in a couple days! LOL

Players, im sure TL has done some calculations and have given us realistic numbers, meaning the food required and life hatching etc. etc. are all doable Lets try before we quit

nipkat
11-24-15, 12:32 AM
I think you mean Cursed Rose Dragon. If so, 6 hours.

Yes, meant Cursed Rose... thanks!

newzealander
11-24-15, 01:53 AM
Absolutely cannot believe the amount of gold/food required for this like everyone else. Unbelievable. Time for everyone to take a stand. LONG past due.
Here, here. I just enough agree, and don't cave in and buy food.

Anaboe
11-24-15, 02:00 AM

Whoo there, you make me blush :o

It's just a matter of patience and tactics, choises and playing carefully.

So, now I've bred a Tree Frog, an Explorer, a Rose and another 8-hour dragon is on the nest... 4 rares in a row, and no commons? And TL/S8 says this game isn't rigged? Yeah, right...

Anaboe
11-24-15, 02:06 AM
EnchantedG, I'm with Anaboe on this. Patience and planning. Strategy. I don't thing the Tales are that onerous, to be honest.

Even tho I have more than enough food, I do think the food-demands in this tales is far too high. Since last Tales I've been producing food like I normally do (4 times 7 Diamondates a day) but I will end up with less food than I ended the last tales with... So that means that these tales cost more food than I have made since last tales... which is a bit ridiculous as far as I'm concerned...

Now I play atleast 4 times a day (planting diamondates), but the food-demands, demands me I step it up, in playing atleast 8-12 times a day (planting the 1-hour crops as much as I can).

For me, the coins keep roling in (I have 464.669.454 coins and make more than I can spend, even while expanding as much as the maps allow me), but I think lots of people will have a problem with coins too.

So, when someone as me can't keep up with the food-demands... I think the demands are too high.

zyfazix
11-24-15, 02:32 AM
You realise one day someone will post "I didn't count raising to level 15 because that level has been in the game for a very long time....." :cool:

Perhaps, but hopefully by then there will be better food sources. And if we're lucky Storm8 might even realise dragon tales with such tasks aren't enjoyed by a lot of players :cool:

DeeDe99
11-24-15, 02:39 AM
Even tho I have more than enough food, I do think the food-demands in this tales is far too high. Since last Tales I've been producing food like I normally do (4 times 7 Diamondates a day) but I will end up with less food than I ended the last tales with... So that means that these tales cost more food than I have made since last tales... which is a bit ridiculous as far as I'm concerned...

Now I play atleast 4 times a day (planting diamondates), but the food-demands, demands me I step it up, in playing atleast 8-12 times a day (planting the 1-hour crops as much as I can).

For me, the coins keep roling in (I have 464.669.454 coins and make more than I can spend, even while expanding as much as the maps allow me), but I think lots of people will have a problem with coins too.

So, when someone as me can't keep up with the food-demands... I think the demands are too high.

I certainly don,t have your amount of coin, less than 10 mil I have!

I will end up with more food than I started with, as in before I deliberately started hoarding the day the Tales were announced. I am planting Diamondates 4 times a day (an increase from my usual 3) and Rushrooms once a day. That is producing 3,000 apples more a day than I need for the 10 days of the Tales.

These dragons are no more expensive to feed than Rose, Jigsaw or a host of other dragons and cheaper than some (Fireflower costs an arm and a leg to feed).

Level 15 is now part of the game, and it is certainly doable. Sure, I could use that same food to level up other dragons, but it is my choice to do that or the Tales. I choose the Tales because I enjoy them.

I'm not sure why you need to plant so much, am I missing something? In the first day or two I got swept up in the wave of panic about the food, but when I calculated it out, it wasn't as bad as first thought at all.

I certainly can understand lower level players would struggle, but they have different tasks, up to a higher level than in previous tales, it seems.

The game should get more difficult over time for each player, otherwise what are we playing for? Repetitiveness would be boring! :)

D_Raho
11-24-15, 02:40 AM
I always wait until the final possible day to start a Tales Event so I can have all the information to plan my strategies to effortlessly glide through to the end. And I am thankful for people like 19sparkles96 (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?159220-19sparkles96) who put in the work to tell us exactly what we need to do. This is very helpful to me.

Looking at the requirements for this Event, I am not going for the final dragon. Much like the last Tales Event with the Spirit Queen, I'm not exactly loving the final prize. But that Tales was still reasonable enough that I finished it anyway because it wasn't too costly and they keep putting the second Dragon deeper into the Event. Like a hand in poker, I was already priced in enough that it was smarter to just finish it. But this is far beyond what was previously asked of us and this is precisely what I warned my sister was going to happen. A growing trend to see what the players were willing to do and then up it each times and closer together in time. And that's fine. They can do whatever they please, obviously, and so can other players. But I personally choose not to. I'm at level 99 with 700K food and a decent chunk of Gold and Money, but I'm not going to spend a fair amount of any of that on this Tales Event. It's simply not worth it for what one would get in return, in my opinion. Raising a worthless(my opinion) Dragon to level 15 is something I am not at all willing to do. It's all cool, though. Plenty of other things to do in this game, and that's one of the things I love about it. Choices. We have a lot of them these days. I just choose not to waste time and resources on this Event. Too much Food to spend and far too much Gold to skip it, unlike the last three Tales Events.

Thanks but no thanks. For my money(and time) Beast Dragon isn't especially good for battling or coins and the Beauty Dragon isn't good for its battling or coins. Count me out. I hope they they fold with this particular trend instead of doubling down. Because I won't be paying them off for it, and I'm not bluffing.

DeeDe99
11-24-15, 02:41 AM
Good strategy Deede99, for me at the moment i have 107K food, havent started the tales yet, im waiting for it to start on its own. But Girrrlllllll, the amount of food required is INSANE!!!!!!! i mean seriously! i really want my Diamond hybrids to be Epic, but at this rate i think all my dragons will remain where they are :(

Yes, i agree with you, this game does teach a lot, but seriously, we have LIFE to teach all this to us, the game can be FUN for a bit longer LOL.

i am already struggling with coins, just can never get more than i spend, ****! but i plan to plant Rushrooms which if i plant 17 hours a day on 7 farms in 10 days, i could have 357K, which should be more than enough to complete this tales, even if i start with 0, fortunately i hv 107K already. so like you i may finish with some food left :)

You know i was surprised to see this thread got sooo long in a couple days! LOL

Players, im sure TL has done some calculations and have given us realistic numbers, meaning the food required and life hatching etc. etc. are all doable Lets try before we quit

Yep! I'm over the initial wave of panic, I reckon it is very doable!

D_Raho
11-24-15, 02:52 AM
I don't think most people feel its impossible. Just simply not at all worth it.

EnchantedG
11-24-15, 03:03 AM
I always wait until the final possible day to start a Tales Event so I can have all the information to plan my strategies to effortlessly glide through to the end. And I am thankful for people like 19sparkles96 (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?159220-19sparkles96) who put in the work to tell us exactly what we need to do. This is very helpful to me.

Looking at the requirements for this Event, I am not going for the final dragon. Much like the last Tales Event with the Spirit Queen, I'm not exactly loving the final prize. But that Tales was still reasonable enough that I finished it anyway because it wasn't too costly and they keep putting the second Dragon deeper into the Event. Like a hand in poker, I was already priced in enough that it was smarter to just finish it. But this is far beyond what was previously asked of us and this is precisely what I warned my sister was going to happen. A growing trend to see what the players were willing to do and then up it each times and closer together in time. And that's fine. They can do whatever they please, obviously, and so can other players. But I personally choose not to. I'm at level 99 with 700K food and a decent chunk of Gold and Money, but I'm not going to spend a fair amount of any of that on this Tales Event. It's simply not worth it for what one would get in return, in my opinion. Raising a worthless(my opinion) Dragon to level 15 is something I am not at all willing to do. It's all cool, though. Plenty of other things to do in this game, and that's one of the things I love about it. Choices. We have a lot of them these days. I just choose not to waste time and resources on this Event. Too much Food to spend and far too much Gold to skip it, unlike the last three Tales Events.

Thanks but no thanks. For my money(and time) Beast Dragon isn't especially good for battling or coins and the Beauty Dragon isn't good for its battling or coins. Count me out. I hope they they fold with this particular trend instead of doubling down. Because I won't be paying them off for it, and I'm not bluffing.

Yes D_Raho, agree with you all the way, and yes the Dragon is not worth raising level 15, but some of us like me Deede99 (im sure she'll agree) and many others are in it for the thrill, the challenge and to do what many think is not doable.

Worthless yes, but then isnt the whole world of Games worthless? it really doesn't matter if we raise a worthless dragon to level 15, but just think of the Challenge that you will overcome and get a sense of achievement!!??

After all whatever you choose im sure you'll be happy and also remember "Its just a Game" :)

D_Raho
11-24-15, 03:31 AM
Yes D_Raho, agree with you all the way, and yes the Dragon is not worth raising level 15, but some of us like me Deede99 (im sure she'll agree) and many others are in it for the thrill, the challenge and to do what many think is not doable.

Worthless yes, but then isnt the whole world of Games worthless? it really doesn't matter if we raise a worthless dragon to level 15, but just think of the Challenge that you will overcome and get a sense of achievement!!??

After all whatever you choose im sure you'll be happy and also remember "Its just a Game" :)

Context really does mean everything. But even taking my comments out of context as you have, I don't feel that games are worthless at all. The value games hold for me is that they are a lot of fun, thus worthy of some of my free time. A fun diversion from the day to day of normal life. Doing this Tales event is not challenging and will give me no sense of achievement at all. It isn't a difficult task. It is easily doable for me, just one that would bring me neither joy nor a sense of accomplishment. So pointless, for me. Not worth my time.

Also, I always find it odd when someone mentions that its just a game. As if anyone has forgotten this fact. One that I even mentioned in my post you quoted. I'm not sure what people are perceiving in the words of when they feel the need to say that. If it's a "joke" it isn't remotely amusing. Quite perplexing. Hmm... :p

PrincessCouture2014
11-24-15, 04:00 AM
what type of dragon is cursed rose dragon? and how much food do I need for beast to evolve to lvl 13? I found Maple very helpful in arena at lvl 13 I hope it will b too but the food requirement is whats putting me off. Not too much excited for final prize though.

hiabarara
11-24-15, 04:07 AM
what type of dragon is cursed rose dragon? and how much food do I need for beast to evolve to lvl 13? I found Maple very helpful in arena at lvl 13 I hope it will b too but the food requirement is whats putting me off. Not too much excited for final prize though.

Cursed Rose Dragon is black/white/red.
And you'll need 164.960 food to feed Beast Dragon from level 1 to level 13.

EnchantedG
11-24-15, 05:10 AM
Context really does mean everything. But even taking my comments out of context as you have, I don't feel that games are worthless at all. The value games hold for me is that they are a lot of fun, thus worthy of some of my free time. A fun diversion from the day to day of normal life. Doing this Tales event is not challenging and will give me no sense of achievement at all. It isn't a difficult task. It is easily doable for me, just one that would bring me neither joy nor a sense of accomplishment. So pointless, for me. Not worth my time.

Also, I always find it odd when someone mentions that its just a game. As if anyone has forgotten this fact. One that I even mentioned in my post you quoted. I'm not sure what people are perceiving in the words of when they feel the need to say that. If it's a "joke" it isn't remotely amusing. Quite perplexing. Hmm... :p

Ouch, my bad!! didnt take anything out of context, was just trying to encourage you! Sorry about that Buddy

Anaboe
11-24-15, 07:39 AM
So, now I've bred a Tree Frog, an Explorer, a Rose and another 8-hour dragon is on the nest... 4 rares in a row, and no commons? And TL/S8 says this game isn't rigged? Yeah, right...

Now the time has come to put the Beast Dragon with another dragon on the nest - and I still have 2 hours to go from the last fail... 4 Rares in a row... and not 1 common... Please, TL/S8, can you do this to me when I DON'T need a common?

Simdiva
11-24-15, 07:53 AM
If you consider something to be worthless, then why do it at all. And you might consider your sources of worthlessness. I do not believe those sources have ever confirmed those stats and at this point I have a difficult time believing that our unbreedable are worthless. In fact I believe they are not at all worthless. The best super rare I believe I have bred is divine which I know is coveted by many. Yes that dragon has been a decent dragon for battles in the past but not so much now. My unbreedables such as Maple, Banshee, the champions and yes the Ultra Rares have been doing better by far. I have the records to prove it. Just because a dragon does not pay particularly great coins does not make it worthless. You have coin dragons, pretty dragons, what I call beginner dragons and the battle dragons. Give me a good unbreedable any day of the week because they tend to be much better for battle, at least mine have been.

PrincessCouture2014
11-24-15, 12:25 PM
Cursed Rose Dragon is black/white/red.
And you'll need 164.960 food to feed Beast Dragon from level 1 to level 13.

oh in that case I think I'll pass.

amandathornburg
11-24-15, 01:08 PM
Is there a total food count needed for the whole event?

feonalily
11-24-15, 01:17 PM
Is there a total food count needed for the whole event?

apparently it's 381,420 total food

nipkat
11-24-15, 01:19 PM
Anyone have any idea what to breed with Beast for the shortest amount of time? I'm not sure how to calculate the possible combinations and can't find any discussion in the forums.

snowyglowy
11-24-15, 01:26 PM
Anyone can you help me please I'm stuck in battle against snowflakes 13 lvl? Ty

19sparkles96
11-24-15, 01:27 PM

waimanalokat
11-24-15, 01:42 PM
Anyone have any idea what to breed with Beast for the shortest amount of time? I'm not sure how to calculate the possible combinations and can't find any discussion in the forums.

I got a night. 23 hrs. Sigh. Should have bred with a diamond, that way even if I got a long time rare it'd be worth it. I put a life in the nest yesterday and beast is already a 10 so I just need the quest.

nipkat
11-24-15, 02:16 PM
I got a night. 23 hrs. Sigh. Should have bred with a diamond, that way even if I got a long time rare it'd be worth it. I put a life in the nest yesterday and beast is already a 10 so I just need the quest.

I thought about doing the same thing with a Diamond! But I bred with Forest and got 20 hours. Long sigh too, because if Beast was free in time, all I would need to do tomorrow is hatch my Life dragon I've saved for 3 days, then send Beast (at lvl 11 so I'm good with that part, too) on his 3 hour Quest. Collecting the Runestones took me so long, that with my new 20 hour breeding time, I won't be able to Quest until I'm well into driving to Grandma's for Thanksgiving on a long stretch of no cell phone coverage road... so sad!

Anaboe
11-24-15, 02:18 PM
I've bred Beast with Olympus, got a 10 hour.
Still don't have a Life dragon...

Simdiva
11-24-15, 02:35 PM
Think I'm going to breed with either air or Athena, my life has been ready for several days will be glad to clear the nest as I just put a night in one and chroma on the other so om really back logged for nest time, praying the breeding is a short time frame as I don't really want to use gold to clear. Spent a lot on chroma as it was but felt it was worth it for the combo. I have never managed tyedie and have always wanted a rainbow pink as well, to get it as a prime was too much to turn down.

LilliDee
11-24-15, 02:48 PM
I bred Beast with Night. I don't have a Diamond. I was really, really hoping for Celestial as I think that is the coolest dragon here. Of course I got 10 hrs., Coral, bleh. My island is stuck on common lately. For the last two weeks all I've been able to get are common dragons. Thus I've hatched four life dragons which was before I knew about the tales, of course. I've had a life waiting for three days to hatch. I keep having to remind myself NOT to hatch it. It's so weird how some, like myself, only get common, and others seem to only get Diamond etc. and can't get a Life dragon for nothing.

freshfunin2008
11-24-15, 02:52 PM
I put beast with light and got 8 hours. I am thinking metal but I am just glad it is a short time frame.