PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tales : Cursed Beauty : Nov 20, 2015

Pages : 1 2 [3]

xxxe
11-29-15, 08:53 PM
This is the first tales I won't be completing. The holidays caused me to miss a lot of time. I'm happy with getting Cursed Rose though! Very pretty dragon. I'm also glad I won't have to depleat my food supply raising Beast to level 15. I'm working on getting Rainbow Sentenial to 15 and I need the extra food.

stevenlee2905
11-29-15, 10:42 PM
I didn't understand how can I had 5 acts (one extra act) instead of 4 acts in each chapter from chapter 7 to 9? The last fifth act were all the same for each chapter which were instruct to plant buffbeets 6 times. I wonder if this happened to anyone else. The last act of chapter 9 to plant buffbeets 6 times were quite annoying because from the beginning I knew that we only have 4 acts in chapter 9 so I planned to plant Diamondates earlier to prepare for harvesting runestones in act 2 chapter 10, but this seems to ruin everything as I ran out of time and golds and still have 5 rounds match to go, sigh... I have to harvest my well-growth Diamondates and planned those buffbeets 6 times which made me have to plant another Diamondates for another 5 hours, another 5 battles, and I only have 4 more hours to spare, seriously? My first failure in Dragon tales after the first tale.

Ps. In this situation, I need help from my neighbours to send me gold urgently to skip the fifth act of chapter 9 in order to keep my well-growth Diamondates for runestones in second act of chapter 10 (to avoid another 5 hours planting time) and also need gold to speed up 5 battles in last act of chapter 10. 4 hours left... :( This is the only way if I want to win the last prize and I hope opponents of 5 battles in chapter 10 are all easy to pass, if not, I won't get the last prize...

catpaladin
11-29-15, 11:14 PM
This is the first Dragon Tales I'm not able to complete. I came up about 100000 food short. I got the Cursed Rose to L10 and the Beast to L14 only to find I was shockingly out of food. I wish I had been paying closer attention and I wouldn't have used gems the few times I did. I guess the Holiday took more time away from this than I thought.

Simdiva
11-29-15, 11:20 PM
Well I am now food poor, just emptied my food coffers into the beast lol. Thankfully have a bit of time to rebuild for the gold dragons and Xmas. Upgrapes did it this time. Next time I should start on more than 20000 food, should be a tad easier.

amuletmoon
11-29-15, 11:40 PM
I'm 60k food short and out of time to battle without using gold (which I wouldn't mind doing if I had the food). I have an extra Cursed Rose. Wish I could trade her for Beauty... :'(

Simdiva
11-29-15, 11:47 PM
Well I am now food poor, just emptied my food coffers into the beast lol. Thankfully have a bit of time to rebuild for the gold dragons and Xmas. Upgrapes did it this time. Next time I should start on more than 20000 food, should be a tad easier. Just the battles left now. Oops duplicate post, sorry about that.

EnchantedG
11-30-15, 12:49 AM
Oh Boy!!! atleast i tried! No coins, no food!!!! hence i call it quits after ch. 8 ! this would be my first tales to be left incomplete. Sad.......

my food calculation below for anyone interested!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26473&d=1448869766 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26473&d=1448869766)

sam204
11-30-15, 02:51 AM
Oh Boy!!! atleast i tried! No coins, no food!!!! hence i call it quits after ch. 8 ! this would be my first tales to be left incomplete. Sad.......

Heyyy, Really Excellent Work ! So Handy and Useful data compiled for ready reference !

Sandybellee
11-30-15, 04:29 AM
Now that boosted breeding is over, I'm giving this tales another shot trying to breed Life. Come on! It must be possible! First try: 6 hours. Sigh...

Edit: and now I got another 8 hour timer! And these are with Fire and Forest.

groovyedwin
11-30-15, 04:33 AM
Chapter 7 has 5 acts instead of the 4 listed on page 1.

Jennerwein1
11-30-15, 05:12 AM

Great spreadsheet ! Took a screenshot to save for later reference. Thanks! I just plant diamond dates 3 to 4 times a day. My dragons make enough coins to keep that going, unless I have a major purchase to make. Right now cursed rose is evolving. Hopefully I get lucky in the battles with 19 hours to go.

EnchantedG
11-30-15, 05:37 AM
Heyyy, Really Excellent Work ! So Handy and Useful data compiled for ready reference !

Thank you Sam :)

EnchantedG
11-30-15, 05:37 AM
Great spreadsheet ! Took a screenshot to save for later reference. Thanks! I just plant diamond dates 3 to 4 times a day. My dragons make enough coins to keep that going, unless I have a major purchase to make. Right now cursed rose is evolving. Hopefully I get lucky in the battles with 19 hours to go.

Thanks you Jennerwein1, Wish you all the Best Hun :)

TheRamtops
11-30-15, 06:52 AM
We did it! But barely thanks to the huge amount of food needed and FIVE battles. Thankfully the last day was a Sunday so we were able to take turns in planting ten minute food virtually all day!
We then spent two lots of 12 gold to ultimate two battles we didn't look like winning after two hits.

We made some poor judgements, we should have fed the Beast Dragon to level 15 first then used the food needed to gain the Runestones to feed Rosie. But we'd fed Rosie ages before so we didn't have to evolve her on the last day.

Next time we won't start right away but will have a few days storing food.

Does anyone know what we can do with the Runestones from the last couple of events?

Adoretu
11-30-15, 06:52 AM
I'm not spending all of that gold again. This is ridiculous! There is no way I'd have enough time to plant enough crops to level these dragons to 15 and 10. Right now the one is at level 13, and unless I sit on the game all day long harvesting crops every 30sec, I will never have enough to raise the level in time and even if I sat on the game all day and did that, I haven't done the math, but I suspect I'd be way below enough crops with my 7 upgraded farms. I have no clue how the lower level people would even get a little bit close to the end when I can't at level 141. I've been trying to level up the dragon the entire time too... either they need to make it 15 days and not 10 days, give us bigger crop outputs that may cost more or something, or lower the goals. This is beyond too much for anyone to do without spending tons of gold. 10 days are just not enough.

utili68
11-30-15, 07:03 AM
The same here....in the morning I had 5 acts in chapter 7...
But now it is really funny.... Android 4 acts, iOS 5 acts

utili68
11-30-15, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=stevenlee2905;1215054]I didn't understand how can I had 5 acts (one extra act) instead of 4 acts in each chapter from chapter 7 to 9? The last fifth act were all the same for each chapter which were instruct to plant buffbeets 6 times. I wonder if this happened to anyone else. The last act of chapter 9 to plant buffbeets 6 times were quite annoying because from the beginning I knew that we only have 4 acts in chapter 9 so I planned to plant Diamondates earlier to prepare for harvesting runestones in act 2 chapter 10, but this seems to ruin everything as I ran out of time and golds and still have 5 rounds match to go, sigh... I have to harvest my well-growth Diamondates and planned those buffbeets 6 times which made me have to plant another Diamondates for another 5 hours, another 5 battles, and I only have 4 more hours to spare, seriously?

You could harvest only 1 farm and plant/harvest 6 times a buffbeat ....it takes 18 minutes but you save the Diamondates :-)

devlinholics
11-30-15, 08:30 AM
I have no clue how the lower level people would even get a little bit close to the end when I can't at level 141. I've been trying to level up the dragon the entire time too... either they need to make it 15 days and not 10 days, give us bigger crop outputs that may cost more or something, or lower the goals. This is beyond too much for anyone to do without spending tons of gold. 10 days are just not enough.

Sorry to hear that... Lower lvl have different goals lvl31 below, just need to lvl beast dragon to lvl 10 as final goal n rose to lvl4

I am lvl57 so I just need beast lvl10 n the other dragon to lvl9 if I want Barbie

stevenlee2905
11-30-15, 08:47 AM
You could harvest only 1 farm and plant/harvest 6 times a buffbeat ....it takes 18 minutes but you save the Diamondates :-)

Hey, what a great brilliant idea, if u told me earlier then I would absolutely use this trick and wouldn't lost my last 6 golds, lol... :D Anyway thanks for ur idea, will try to applicate it if there's same task again in the next tales. Good luck for ur remaining chapters. :)

groovyedwin
11-30-15, 09:42 AM
The same here....in the morning I had 5 acts in chapter 7...
But now it is really funny.... Android 4 acts, iOS 5 acts

5th act was plant 6 crops of buffbeats.

Android 5 acts.

Level 152.

jacksusa
11-30-15, 10:00 AM
I'm not spending all of that gold again. This is ridiculous! There is no way I'd have enough time to plant enough crops to level these dragons to 15 and 10. Right now the one is at level 13, and unless I sit on the game all day long harvesting crops every 30sec, I will never have enough to raise the level in time and even if I sat on the game all day and did that, I haven't done the math, but I suspect I'd be way below enough crops with my 7 upgraded farms. I have no clue how the lower level people would even get a little bit close to the end when I can't at level 141. I've been trying to level up the dragon the entire time too... either they need to make it 15 days and not 10 days, give us bigger crop outputs that may cost more or something, or lower the goals. This is beyond too much for anyone to do without spending tons of gold. 10 days are just not enough.

I'm on the last day and simply will not have enough food. I'm sad not to finish, but I just don't care for the Beauty dragon enough to spend the gold I have saved up. Good luck to everyone and thanks so much to those who have helped us know what tasks awaited.

stashlova
11-30-15, 10:15 AM
Had to spend 200 gold on food in order to complete these tales. I figure she is worth that price. Won all 5 battles on the first try. Good luck to those still trying.

utili68
11-30-15, 10:22 AM
5th act was plant 6 crops of buffbeats.

Android 5 acts.

Level 152.

I had 4 acts in chapter 7.... but it was my lowerlevel account (lev53) on android ....this could be the reason ;-)26478

cazile81
11-30-15, 10:43 AM
If it helps, I used the Mines to accumulate food and found that Mining for land was getting me 500 to 1000 apples when found. Although, I still needed to buy some food to complete the first act, what I got from the mines did help. Besides the dynamite was collecting dust anyway so why not. I guess I should have resisted from feeding all of my gold type dragons prior to the event.

saghaven
11-30-15, 10:47 AM
Yep, this was the first event I didn't finish. I actually chose not to do so. That was just way too much food to try to get the dragon to level 15. Level 13 should have been enough. It took a lot just to get it there then get the other to level 10. I didn't love the final dragon enough to go through the hassle of trying to get it. I hope they don't decide the dragons to level 15 is a good idea going forward.

groovyedwin
11-30-15, 12:55 PM
If it helps, I used the Mines to accumulate food and found that Mining for land was getting me 500 to 1000 apples when found. Although, I still needed to buy some food to complete the first act, what I got from the mines did help. Besides the dynamite was collecting dust anyway so why not. I guess I should have resisted from feeding all of my gold type dragons prior to the event.

Keep in mine to not do the last expansion from mining with dynamite. If you do the right side of the mine closes off.

The dynamite mining gives more apples. The bomb mining gives apples just in small amounts.

1985Leonie
11-30-15, 12:58 PM
And how do we see which one is the last expansion?

Simdiva
11-30-15, 01:19 PM
And how do we see which one is the last expansion?

You have twenty, so if you count you can tell. Don't do the final one. I am on the 18th now so have one left before I have to stop. Can post a photo but this is the wrong thread so have sent you a private.

I finished a few minutes ago. Usually the final battles for me are hard for some reason but today they were a breeze. Beauty is now in storage until I can get the gold dragons off the nest which I guess is going to take a bit as I have three on and plan to get a couple more.

groovyedwin
11-30-15, 01:45 PM
Sorry about linking to helpful information.

[removed third party link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links)]

freshfunin2008
11-30-15, 01:46 PM
I am glad this is over. I have it but I am completely out of food. I had to do a lot of 1 hr crops during the day and I had to send magic out for food as often as I could and I had to use all my bombs on both sides of the mine to get as much food as I could to complete. What a pain. You might as well start saving food for the next tales in 2 to 3 weeks. LOL

Furnitureman
11-30-15, 02:10 PM
All too true. I have about eight dragons at the top of a very long waiting list that were put on hold for the Tales. *sigh* I guess the cuties don't have to eat till January.

lnztrekfan
11-30-15, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=EnchantedG;1215086]Oh Boy!!! atleast i tried! No coins, no food!!!! hence i call it quits after ch. 8 ! this would be my first tales to be left incomplete. Sad.......

AWESOME!!!! Thank you so very much for putting this together!! I also took a screen shot for future reference! This is so much help!!!:)

*I had a 5th act on chapter 7 as well to plant buffbeats. I think I'm stopping after getting my second dragon, I do have nearly 200,000 apples but don't want to waste them all on leveling up Beast dragon. The second dragon is cute though! :) best of luck to everyone still trying to complete!

motox20
11-30-15, 02:49 PM
This time the Dragon Tales event went way too far. Forcing us to hatch a Life Dragon?? Seriously???? I had to breed 4 times before I finally got the COMMON dragon so I could move on to the next act - 2 wilds and a landworm to total 18 hours wasted trying to get a stupid, common life on the 4th try!!!! A day behind from that point, nice going TeamLava, way to handicap your players in a timed event. THEN you require us to use 342,960 in FOOD just to raise the Beast up to a 15, on top of the 38,460 to raise the Cursed Rose to a 10 - totaling a whopping 381,420 in FOOD to finish JUST those two (2)!!!!!! Come on Team Lava! You only allow us to get 800 for $75,000 every five (5) hours - way too low for that price by the way!!! That is excessively high, especially for a TIMED EVENT! NEXT you handicap us in the Battle Arena by consistent loses, requiring an hour cool down before the next battle - a loss of 10 additional hours - in a TIMED EVENT!! Clearly you do NOT care a wit about your players and seem to actually WANT us to quit playing completely. I will NOT finish this Tales event, I simply do NOT have enough food to meet the requirements (and I do NOT have time to use any tricks like "Upgrapes" do to WORK) - much less the time required to continuously lose in the Battle Arena no matter which dragon I choose to fight - it is designed to fail you several times before you get through it (unless you happen to be a favorite of the programmers at Team Lava of course). As a minister I do NOT have any extra money to spend on a game, I'm lucky to make ends meet at all (and no, unless you're a Catholic Priest no one pays your housing, food, medical care, utilities bills except you!). How kind of you to frustrate your players and make clear that you want nothing but hard cash from them. You should take a few business classes and learn how to treat people, instead of trying to FORCE people to pay for a "free" game! I'm disgusted by this whole thing.

This! In a nutshell this DT event had some stupidly ridiculous requirements, the sheer amount of food needed was enough for me to call it quits after getting the Cursed Rose Dragon, and costing 195 gold to skip leveling Beast to 15, not to mention requiring hatching a specific dragon....I can't speak for others but I'm getting the impression that they're purposely making it too difficult so that we're forced to buy gold if we want the grand prize dragon..... If that trend continues, I'll quickly lose interest in DS and move on to another game that won't dangle the stuff we really want in front of us and say "well if you want it you gotta spend $20+ to get it" I hope they realize they set the bar too high and bring it back down next time. At least the Beauty Dragon is fairly ugly so it wasn't too disappointing.

cazile81
11-30-15, 03:28 PM
Keep in mine to not do the last expansion from mining with dynamite. If you do the right side of the mine closes off.

The dynamite mining gives more apples. The bomb mining gives apples just in small amounts.

That's absolutely true😊 You just have to keep leaving and re-entering the mines as tedious as it may be without expanding the island.

Hawk1
11-30-15, 03:38 PM
The only way to finish Tales is if you have 100,000 + food at the start, like many others planting Rushrooms every hour or spending hours planting Upgrapes is not doable. I was lucky enough to have a lot of food @ the start (hopefully the dragons expecting said food will forgive me) and I finished Tales today. I also suggest starting Tales on the last possible start date if you do not have much food as it will give you time to plant as much as you can fit into your schedule. Sometimes it's better to skip an event instead of stressing because there's always an event these days @ DS. Don't let someone suggest you should quit and quite frankly I don't mind people venting here, thought this was where we were supposed to be able to talk about DS and that includes the good and bad.

Now if only I could breed a new dragon ( last NEW dragon was Sour Candy in October) :(

ozigal
11-30-15, 04:35 PM
Am I glad that's done and dusted. I finished up having to throw gold at the Beast to skip from lvl 13 to 15. All I have seemed to have done these past few days is click and collect, click and collect and still fell short in the food dept. it's ok to say plant the diamondates but one needs also a great many coins to do that., because they sure eat up the funds.
Now to be strong and not enter the next DT but save food as I would imagine S8 will probably continue with the raise dragon to lvl 15.
Happy to have completed now best I do some real click and collect shopping or my grandson will divorce me if I don't do the Santa shopping. Don't oh I bought a gold dragon will wash with him .Happy Days to all

freshfunin2008
11-30-15, 04:49 PM
Tales is a huge money maker and you will see it again in 2 to 3 weeks. Start saving your food now or skip the next Tales. Don't feed those newly bought gold dragons or any of the other ones you have because we all know that next time you could need upwards of 400k apples to finish the next tale. Of course everyone does as they wish and we all have different priorities but it is hard to complain about it. I just want an event to go off with out all the glitches. Fix the glitches if you are going to soak us for speeding up with gold etc etc etc. This last event had way too many glitches.

DeeDe99
11-30-15, 05:13 PM
The day this Tales was announced I had about 584 apples on hand and I also got caught up in the panic that swept the Forum about Level 15. Between then and when I started the first Chapter, I accumulated 120,000 food. I haven't done Chapter 9 yet, Beast is still Level 12 and I need less than 24,000 food to complete the Tales - in other words, 4 crops of Diamondates and I'm good to finish. Yes, Diamondates use coin, but at Level 100 my dragons earn 3.2 million a day so spending 1.25 million on food a day wasn't an issue. I have used no gold to skip or speed up.

I said the last Tales was a little too easy and in reality this Tales wasn't at all difficult. We can safely say level 100 is the middle of the pack given we now have levels up to 200.

Personally, I hope the next one is a bit more of a challenge. Level 15 will be here to stay, I am sure, so be prepared for it.

I thought the requirement to Hatch a Life dragon was the potentially most difficult part so I kept an egg, from a fail on a nest for 6 days, until it was needed. I would recommend Storm 8 re-think requiring a particular dragon to be bred for future Tales as the player has no control the result of a breeding pair. However I remember the Art Gala when I was very new and there was a requirement to breed a Night dragon - I didn't have one and was lucky to actually breed one on the first day so I had one in time. Storm 8 probably thought everyone, irrespective of level, has a Fire and a Forest. Unfortunately Life didn't pop out for a few people first try.

Level 15 is now an integral part of the game, so getting one dragon to 15 during such an event is reasonable in my view.

I am sorry some people didn't get to the end. My only advice is "plan the work, work the plan". I'm thinking of going in blind next Tales as having the chapter laid out beforehand makes it too easy. The element of surprise each day should make it more difficult. The only problem for me is the daily reset happens at 7 pm my time, which does make timing crucial. I like to sleep.

I am planning to continue the Diamondates four times a day permanently now, although I will drop the 1 crop of Rushrooms unless I have a specific need. During the early levels I divided my coins into three equal buckets: one third for food production, one for expansion/development and tried to save the other third for future development. As I got to higher levels and coins were no longer an issue and therefore food was easy to produce, I let that control slide and slipped in my regular food production routine. I'm not going to let that happen again. My aim is to be sitting on 250,000 food before the next Tales starts so if I have a day or two where I can't access the game 5 times in 24 hours all is not lost.

Mind you, I am about to buy a second Treasure Terrace and that is going to send my coin balance into a deep dive. So I might need a week to regroup - but that's because of buying Gold type dragons, not the Tales.

All I hope now is the Arena doesn't decide to be bothersome in Chapter 10! Since I started the Tales I've climbed to level 103 and will likely be level 104 or 105 when I do Chapter 10. I have noticed the opponents getting progressively more difficult since Level 100. While this is to be expected, it doesn't work in my favour right at this moment.

Congratulations to those who have finished, commiserations to those who didn't (best wishes for next time) and good luck to those of us on the final steps of the journey.

Afterthought: I should add I don't have a family. I very much doubt if I was still running kids to netball practice and music lessons and cooking dinners that I would find it easy. In fact I probably wouldn't be playing at all. But this game keeps me sane in a what has been a very tough year.

busybee222
11-30-15, 06:24 PM
Is it just me or someone else also prompted extra act in chapter 7?
After act4: have 2 resillient roses, I was asked to plant 5 x 3 mins crops which of course I already planted 20 hrs pears just before it prompted!

random59
11-30-15, 06:36 PM
After act4: have 2 resillient roses, I was asked to plant 5 x 3 mins crops which of course I already planted 20 hrs pears just before it prompted!

I got one but don't think it was Chapter 7 thought is was chapter 8 and I had to plant beets again as the last part of the chapter thought it was a bit weird but wasn't a biggy, would have been upset about your ordeal though!

busybee222
11-30-15, 06:52 PM
I got one but don't think it was Chapter 7 thought is was chapter 8 and I had to plant beets again as the last part of the chapter thought it was a bit weird but wasn't a biggy, would have been upset about your ordeal though!

Sound like this is random? Not very fair to my view, because of this I will have a hard time to get 2 gold dragons as planned...sigh.... What a way to trap the player!

feonalily
11-30-15, 08:08 PM
I like how the only people saying this event was reasonable are the ones with a buttload of time and/or level 100+.

Well what about the players in between level 50-100? I've been planting food and questing for food since the SAME DAY the last dragon tales ended so don't sit here and tell me I didn't plan properly or I should just stop complaining and dont do the tales. I'm ANNOYED that I've been feverishly planting crops to prepare for this tales and it still wasn't enough. There needs to be another tier that requires less food for lvls 50-100.

freesiawoods
11-30-15, 08:17 PM
I like how the only people saying this event was reasonable are the ones with a buttload of time and/or level 100+.

Well what about the players in between level 50-100? I've been planting food and questing for food since the SAME DAY the last dragon tales ended so don't sit here and tell me I didn't plan properly or I should just stop complaining and dont do the tales. I'm ANNOYED that I've been feverishly planting crops to prepare for this tales and it still wasn't enough. There needs to be another tier that requires less food for lvls 50-100.

I'm level 150 and I plant diamondates all the time whatever event is on or not. Still I am doubtful I will finish the tales. I have read those comments and just ignore them. For those of us who find it too hard, it is too hard. A bit of complaining that doesn't get out of hand will perhaps help S8 to see the situation. I think the previous tales requiring levelling to 13 and 7 were much more reasonable. But anyway, we can always decide whether to quit!

blackeneddove
11-30-15, 08:54 PM
I'm level 150 and I plant diamondates all the time whatever event is on or not. Still I am doubtful I will finish the tales. I have read those comments and just ignore them. For those of us who find it too hard, it is too hard. A bit of complaining that doesn't get out of hand will perhaps help S8 to see the situation. I think the previous tales requiring levelling to 13 and 7 were much more reasonable. But anyway, we can always decide whether to quit!

Agree with this, totally. I only have 2 dragons to level 15, that I chose to level because I wanted to. Being forced to level a certain dragon to 15 just to win a prize is NOT cool. Yes, I want the prize dragon & I am going to try, but it's hard enough for me to level dragons that I want up to 15. It's even harder to level dragons I don't want up to 15. lol... Level 13 in the previous tales was hard enough, but at least then it was "doable" only because of the skip option for minimal gold. I'm not skipping an act for as much gold as it costs to buy a dragon or a habitat from the market. 200 to skip is just not cool. Besides, for 200 gold you could almost buy as much food as you needed to skip anyway (and maybe that's their point - either way, to me it's pointless).

This tale has been very challenging, and I wouldn't be surprised that they did it this way intentionally to sell Beauty in a "value pack" soon after the tales end. But TL shouldn't be surprised when people don't buy her because I've heard many say they didn't like her that much anyway. lol

(Personally, I would really like to have her & hope I can finish - but am debating using ALL that food just for Beast)

theone2001
11-30-15, 08:58 PM

You are not the only one. I had just finished my resillient roses and expected the chapter 7 to end when there was a pop up for 6 buffbeets. Fortunately my current crop will finish in 30 min.

ahomeforme
11-30-15, 09:33 PM
What is this? For the 4 battles in Chapter 7, I met Infinity, Astromancer, and then Infinity again?!?

dachshundlover11
11-30-15, 10:17 PM
What is this? For the 4 battles in Chapter 7, I met Infinity, Astromancer, and then Infinity again?!?

I have the same problem. I've spent all day battling the first dragon of 4. Thankfully this happened as I will never invest too much in these events in the future. It's quite ridiculous.

kat8rose
11-30-15, 11:33 PM
You have twenty, so if you count you can tell. Don't do the final one. I am on the 18th now so have one left before I have to stop. Can post a photo but this is the wrong thread so have sent you a private.

I finished a few minutes ago. Usually the final battles for me are hard for some reason but today they were a breeze. Beauty is now in storage until I can get the gold dragons off the nest which I guess is going to take a bit as I have three on and plan to get a couple more.

We now have 40, mining expansions on droid and iOS.... Search forum for topic, think it is sticky, to verify pls.

ahomeforme
12-01-15, 01:27 AM
Don't think I'd be able to get Beauty even though I have enough food. 1 day 23 hours left and I'm still at Chapter 7 battling. All because of trying to hatch Life.

theone2001
12-01-15, 02:39 AM

I have the same problem. I've spent all day battling the first dragon of 4. Thankfully this happened as I will never invest too much in these events in the future. It's quite ridiculous.

I had similar problems. I am wondering what is going on with the arena. I usually try to time the battles with Dragon Tales when there is not a tournament. That way if I need to it only cost 12 gold instead of 30 for ultimate. I usually do not do well with the battles but recently I have gotten several dragons to level 10 so I do a little better. When I have done the arena in the past I would get level 10, 11, 12, and 13 consecutively and then it would repeat 10, 11, 12 and 13. I don't remember having level 14 in the arena before. With the chapter that had 4 battle rounds for Dragon Tales I had level 14, 12, 14 then 12 again. I had to use ultimate on one of them. I hope this does not continue. Because how am I suppose to get all the Pan Flute pieces for the dragon? I have only managed to craft 1 dragon from pieces collected from arena or tournaments.

Please note when I mention arena I am talking about battles when there is no tournament going on.

hungryres
12-01-15, 03:13 AM
unexpectedly i got act 5 for day 7 (planting work)
and as i only expected 4 acts and thought i will be able to get 2nd dragon after crafting two rose display thing, i got all my farm occupied for at least another three to four hours (working in the afternoon, still cannot leave work yet)
i already had evolution temple planned accordingly before, this unexpected act to plant stuff will mess up my schedule :(

devlinholics
12-01-15, 03:16 AM

Sorry you did not complete mate... But a few of my Low level Neighbours did it sad to say... Yes it require us to pay attention once you start DT for almost 10days... From wt I know DT is difficult for almost all esp high levels... My preview of this DT

Level 31 below require lvl 10 beast n lvl4 rose... To get Barbie

You might think it is easy even you went in with 0apples just plant 3.2k 5hrs x 7farms, we will get it with spare apples. Sorry all it is difficult for them because they dun have 7farms n they might not even have ALL 30k farms n even 3.2k every farm they are struggling because their dragons are not capable to produce that income yet... They are spending time on 1hour crop n 30secs Apple... They have magic dragons to aid them but do remember they have not unlock mines yet.... They are not glue to 24/7 farming or say impossible but they spend time after work planting to earn their Barbie.

I am level 55 when I start this DT so I assume level 33 - 79 my Barbie comes if I have level 10beast n lvl9 rose.

I started with less than 1k apples, I have no intention to finish DT or getting rose I just want to earn the 20k+ apples n stop at chapter5 I believe to feed my desire dragons. I admit I am lucky, with 1x 5k apples n 2x 8k apples from magic quest during DT I use around 20k+ Apples to epic my diamond during DT. I have not touch the 20k+ apples from DT. I never change my farming I only farm 7x3.2k 5hrs every day if I am busy or not I should farm 2 ~ 4times a day... I mine whenever I can so there are some apples aid there... N of coz Magic quest when I am not sending beast to quest.

I finish DT with 23hours to spare, a big thanks for those going in n letting us know what is in front. The hardest was really the life dragon n 3hours quest from beast I always log in same with 5 hours farming lol but again I am lucky because MOST of my winter lily fails are life dragon I have trade 4x life dragon FYI during DT 2 more life dragon in my stable waiting for trade so total DT I have 6x life dragon

My Neighbour enter DT at Lvl80 this is harsh guys beast lvl15 n rose lvl10 to get Barbie...

He knows DT is starting in a few days so he change his schedule to start DT LATE.... He enter DT with 100k food, his schedule is 7x 75k 5hr food n in between 10mins food when he visit Neighbours or available... He is not even at chapter 8 I believe... But his beast is already at lvl14 now still farming for his last lvl of beast.

Overall is it impossible, sorry it is not but if DT starts n you can log in once or maybe 3times in a day sorry but I have to tell you just skip DT before you even play. We might think Low level are having a free pass but from what I explain they are not...

Yes there are some glitches in the rose dragons sorry about that, my lvl80 Neighbour was caught by it. He has lost 1day for it, but he did not whine but concentrate to lvl up his beast to 15 coz he knows once it fix he can lvl up rose to lvl10 easily but worry more on beast level14 to15 he is still farming as we speak.

We all spent effort n time on DT sorry if you think we are playing 24/7, my Neighbours are all working class. We just log in more than you n yes we have social life n family. If we cannot make it for Barbie, we just stop n save our apples for our desire dragons or next DT

There will always be better dragons in future

Congrats to all who got our Barbie n sorry for those who gave up or felt not worth it for Barbie. Let us all hope for a better looking ultra rare DT next

kittymur
12-01-15, 04:37 AM
It's hardest tales we ever had. I used so much food for lvl one useless dragon. I was gathering these food for month or so. I guess next time I would not waste it for that.

freesiawoods
12-01-15, 06:33 AM
Maybe Kooky can update the first post for the extra act 5 in chapters 7 and 9 please?

I think I will officially give up and save what's left of my food. I simply started with too little food. It's very tough keeping my evo chamber going for the mining and yet trying to stockpile food. Guess I'll be more picky what dragons I really want from now on.

Funny thing is, I play four accounts and the battles have all gone super smoothly during these tales. That was a big surprise.

hiabarara
12-01-15, 07:41 AM
Finally got Cursed Rose a couple hours ago. It took me a few hours longer because I mistook the two Resilient Roses in chapter 7 with two Cursed Petals. But right at the beginning I decided I wouldn't go for Cursed Beauty anyway, so it doesn't matter that it took a day longer. I reached my goal, so yay for me :3

owa411
12-01-15, 07:43 AM
We all spent effort n time on DT sorry if you think we are playing 24/7, my Neighbours are all working class. We just log in more than you n yes we have social life n family. If we cannot make it for Barbie, we just stop n save our apples for our desire dragons or next DT

I'm not one of your neighbors (working class too with social life), but I totally agree with you. And that is exactly what I did: I quit after cursed rose dragon. "Barbie" wasn't worth it. There will be better dragons in the future worth spending my time and food to.

HafloMopsy
12-01-15, 08:19 AM
I also found a second Cursed rose dragon in my storage. 😊 Even in my other dragon story account which I never finished.

ahomeforme
12-01-15, 08:40 AM
I had similar problems. I am wondering what is going on with the arena. I usually try to time the battles with Dragon Tales when there is not a tournament. That way if I need to it only cost 12 gold instead of 30 for ultimate. I usually do not do well with the battles but recently I have gotten several dragons to level 10 so I do a little better. When I have done the arena in the past I would get level 10, 11, 12, and 13 consecutively and then it would repeat 10, 11, 12 and 13. I don't remember having level 14 in the arena before. With the chapter that had 4 battle rounds for Dragon Tales I had level 14, 12, 14 then 12 again. I had to use ultimate on one of them. I hope this does not continue. Because how am I suppose to get all the Pan Flute pieces for the dragon? I have only managed to craft 1 dragon from pieces collected from arena or tournaments.

Please note when I mention arena I am talking about battles when there is no tournament going on.

On the contrary, I usually time my tales to coincide with tourney to ensure winning battles easier. You see, my 10th day will be in another 16 hours, which is a Wednesday, which is normally the start of a regular tourney if there is one. I am supposed to meet level 1-2 opponents to settle my 5 battles in Chapter 10. Alas I'm still stuck on battles in Chapter 7 because of trying to hatch Life with fails. Btw, I now don't bother to win tourney dragons anymore, normally I can only make it to round 24-25. I only battle to collect crafting pieces.

viridium
12-01-15, 08:49 AM
Now i got the beauty but a glitch also gifted me another curse rose look!!
:D26494 Maybe you got the same 26494

hiabarara
12-01-15, 09:05 AM
I also found a second Cursed rose dragon in my storage. 😊 Even in my other dragon story account which I never finished.

I thought only the ones who finished it got a second dragon. I don't have a second one D:

tengoambre123
12-01-15, 11:51 AM
I didn't finish but I see a sneaky little second Cursed Rose Dragon in my storage :) :D

owa411
12-01-15, 12:02 PM
I don't see the second one in the thumbs....

owa411
12-01-15, 12:03 PM
I thought only the ones who finished it got a second dragon. I don't have a second one D:

I feel left out too, I only got 1 😩

marcatwolf
12-01-15, 02:54 PM
I got two cursed rose dragons too. What should I do with the 2nd one, can I trade it?

lady_saphira
12-01-15, 03:06 PM
I feel left out too, I only got 1 😩

I also only got 1...

Hawk1
12-01-15, 04:25 PM
I got two cursed rose dragons too. What should I do with the 2nd one, can I trade it?

I traded mine

kooky panda
12-01-15, 06:16 PM
Actually I just reached Chapter 7 and there is also Act 5 to plant buffbeets. This step isn't listed in either the first post of this thread. I don't remember if my other account which is ahead, had this act to complete. I do wish S8 would publish an official guide to the events, to remove such uncertainty.

Edit: Apparently this and maybe other steps have just been added!!! What is S8 doing?

Sorry for the delay, but I did find out that these steps were added as part of the fix for the Cursed Dragon issue.

jjblueyes
12-01-15, 11:01 PM
Sim, I was just pointing out the unbreedable category is not as "bad" as was being suggested by a previous poster. There is considerable over-reaction happening around the place, I think.

Players asked for higher level dragons, more player levels, etc etc. these changes are granted, then when used in game play, many then complain. Of course, not all players asked for those changes and not all complain, but I think you get my drift.

I remember a bit of a hullabaloo when it was required to raise dragons to 13 in Tales. Next time around no-one batted an eyelid.

Not everyone wanted higher levels. I don't like it. That's just me. I think people's feelings are their feelings. Over reaction to you, is others reality. I think there's also much over reactions to people's posts when they are unhappy. Lots of pointing out that things are not as bad as they think is just as frustrating to people who really are struggling with issues. Someone who's been playing for years & years are going to have a different experience then someone newer to the game. I think there is extremes on both sides. Some people are so angry that there's nothing positive about the game, then there's the rah, rah rah's that are just as extreme.
People spending real money, spending real life time, and invested a lot of emotions into a game are going to express real frustrations when they feel things are wrong. I see people upset. There are things that I see in this game that have changed so much over the years...some good and some not so good.
Just how I feel. This tales has been difficult for many people. That's their experience.

Hawk1
12-02-15, 12:35 AM
Not everyone wanted higher levels. I don't like it. That's just me. I think people's feelings are their feelings. Over reaction to you, is others reality. I think there's also much over reactions to people's posts when they are unhappy. Lots of pointing out that things are not as bad as they think is just as frustrating to people who really are struggling with issues. Someone who's been playing for years & years are going to have a different experience then someone newer to the game. I think there is extremes on both sides. Some people are so angry that there's nothing positive about the game, then there's the rah, rah rah's that are just as extreme.
People spending real money, spending real life time, and invested a lot of emotions into a game are going to express real frustrations when they feel things are wrong. I see people upset. There are things that I see in this game that have changed so much over the years...some good and some not so good.
Just how I feel. This tales has been difficult for many people. That's their experience.

Good post JJ

blackeneddove
12-02-15, 12:41 AM

So eloquently put, my friend! Nicely said! Perfect points & observations.

theone2001
12-02-15, 02:18 AM

I agree. Well stated!

jaymieb2
12-02-15, 02:40 AM
I never have enough food, gold or time to complete these quests, but I am always thrilled if I can add the first two dragons in every story to my stable. I have Beast and Cursed Rose and am grateful I got this far. I don't need to get Beauty to be happy with my accomplishments...I guess I am just easy to please:)

I started this Tale with 150K apples, and I chose to stop after raising Beast to level 11 and Cursed Rose to level 10. When I stopped, I had 200K apples. I could have pushed on and made it thru, but it was more of a challenge than I wanted at that time.

Team Lava - Thank you for the opportunity to have additional unbreedable dragons! And thank you for extra Cursed Rose dragon! I think it is beautiful!

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 03:02 AM
Day 10 for me today. I'm on chapter 7 hoping to get Cursed Rose. Unfortunately the very first opponent is Dark Angel level 13. Have lost twice to it already.

I decided to buy the Bygone Ballroom (my first premium habitat!) as that along with the rose bushes was my favorite from this tales, so I'm pretty happy with the habitat and my soon to be 10 rose bushes even if I don't get Cursed Rose. :)

hiabarara
12-02-15, 05:02 AM
So no one knows why some people got two Cursed Rose dragons and some didn't? Because even some people who didn't finish the event got a second one. I feel left out and would like to have an explanation. Or at least an assumption.

vozier
12-02-15, 05:40 AM
Had to spend 200 gold on this event, because raising beats to lvl 15 is just TOO MUCH. If you want us to have that ammount of food in reserve (over 300 is my guess just for this event), yo should give us better farms with mor eexpensive but faster and more productive crops. I did not quite recover from last event to be bashed in the face with this nonsense..

Really lava, its too much, i cant even feed my breeded dragons if you push us this way.

Vozier

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 05:43 AM
So no one knows why some people got two Cursed Rose dragons and some didn't? Because even some people who didn't finish the event got a second one. I feel left out and would like to have an explanation. Or at least an assumption.

Since they added step 5 to chapters 7 and 9 to fix the problem, my guess is that whoever completes chapter 9 gets two Cursed Roses.

AliceWinter24
12-02-15, 06:01 AM
Since they added step 5 to chapters 7 and 9 to fix the problem, my guess is that whoever completes chapter 9 gets two Cursed Roses.

Maybe they just gave anyone who had reached a certain point in the tales an extra Cursed Rose, like a one time "giveaway", and everyone else doesn't get an extra? I have completed chapter 9 and do not have an extra.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 06:44 AM
Maybe they just gave anyone who had reached a certain point in the tales an extra Cursed Rose, like a one time "giveaway", and everyone else doesn't get an extra? I have completed chapter 9 and do not have an extra.

In that case that must be how they did it. You had to be beyond a certain point before the fix.

groovyedwin
12-02-15, 07:24 AM
Chapter 9 Act 5 - Plant Buffbeets x6

Act 4 may have required a different amount of resilient roses.

Sandybellee
12-02-15, 08:14 AM
Yay!!! I finished chapter 7 and got my Cursed Rose dragon! :)

xxangelmariexxx
12-02-15, 11:13 AM

I just checked my storage and I also got a 2nd Cursed Rose, wasnt there yesterday....I only played up to whatever stage it was to get the Cursed rose Dragon, so I didn't even complete it and had no intension's on doing so. But I wont complain but its not fair how some got a 2nd one and others didnt

rasike
12-02-15, 11:45 AM
I finished the tales yesterday and got the Beauty dragon. Now I checked my storage and found the second Cursed Rose dragon! I am sure it was not there two days ago.

freshfunin2008
12-02-15, 11:57 AM
I finished the tales yesterday and got the Beauty dragon. Now I checked my storage and found the second Cursed Rose dragon! I am sure it was not there two days ago.

On Thursday or Friday a glitch was fixed and some got that dragon a 2nd time.

DeeDe99
12-02-15, 02:19 PM
Finished last night. Beauty on the nest. Took Gilded Knight to level 11 as well.

Looking forward to the Christmas World Event. I think the World Event was a good choice of event type for Christmas, given how busy people are over that period.

theone2001
12-02-15, 02:34 PM
I have read what many have written about this tales and agree with you.

I just reached level 105 today. But the only reason my level is so high is because I plant a lot of dynamite(?) plants (5hr 75,000 coins for 800 apples) I do have some time on my hands and have only been playing for a few months. But I will not have enough apples to reach level 15 for beast.

When I saw that we had to raise Beast to level 15 I decided I would not go that far. Also this choice was made easier because I do not care for the look of beauty. I like the look of cursed rose better. Beauty is an ultra rare but because she is not breedable (can not breed to get her) it does not give you any advantage in the area. I don't understand this. If it is Ultra Rare it should be above Super Rare regardless.

Also now with the changes they have made to the battle arena I will not even try chapter 10. I will probable do a few low level rounds in the tournaments. The last tournament I battled one round 51 times and lost every time. I have a champion level 11. There were people posting that had Diamonds and they were losing 10 or more rounds with the diamond dragons. This is ridiculous. This does not make sense. The only reason I didn't stop before 51 battles was curiosity. And to me this shows something wrong/drastically changed with battle calculations. And now in the arena I am only getting level 12 or 14. I don't remember getting 14 before in the arena. It was levels 10, 11, 12 and 13. Then it would repeat.

I will go back to breeding dragons and raising them to level 10 or beyond. But minimum level 10. I have 4 above 10 and about 20 at level 10. I thought this was a good number for the arena. And it was for the last dragon that was crafted. It was the first time I was able to get all the pieces from battles in the arena or during tournaments. But these dragons are not enough anymore.

This is a game. It is suppose to be fun. I choose not to spend gold on ultimates. (I would do this before if I was close to the end of a tournament and it was a dragon I really liked. For the Dragon Tales if I only get 2 dragons for it, then that is what I get. I will not be able to get dragons from the pieces collected in tournaments. But I can usually get the one from mining. So I write these things off for awhile. Once I have more dragons leveled up, I will try again. This will help eliminate the stress in this game and put some of the joy back into it for me. It is all a matter of perspective.

BiteMe111
12-02-15, 03:24 PM
When does the event end? (it's already ended for me, so I don't know the official time) I'm assuming that's when the ability to send Beast on quests and craft event-specific decor will disappear from the menu, too? I love that purple flooring, have been busy the last couple of days crafting it for the Halloween part of my isle. Just when I thought I was done, I realized that the Treasure habitats are a bit smaller and that flooring would fit nicely between them. So I want to craft more, but will I have enough time?

theone2001
12-02-15, 03:40 PM
When does the event end? (it's already ended for me, so I don't know the official time) I'm assuming that's when the ability to send Beast on quests and craft event-specific decor will disappear from the menu, too? I love that purple flooring, have been busy the last couple of days crafting it for the Halloween part of my isle. Just when I thought I was done, I realized that the Treasure habitats are a bit smaller and that flooring would fit nicely between them. So I want to craft more, but will I have enough time?

It ends 10 days from the day you started. This may be different for everyone as some wait and start later.
I am on day 9. I liked the purple flooring to. I'm putting it and the roses around the throne from last story book. I didn't plan ahead on the roses. So I am trying to complete that one.

Hawk1
12-02-15, 03:44 PM

I finished the other day and I'm still crafting fancy flooring, I'll probably quest and craft until the quest disappears.

lady_saphira
12-02-15, 04:11 PM
I started the event on the day it auto started, which is the last day and I have the rest of today until midnight California time, and my last day will be from midnight tonight until midnight tomorrow so I'm guessing that's the official ending time. Hope that helps.

BiteMe111
12-02-15, 04:34 PM
Thanks, guys. Yes, 10 days from when I started have passed and I can still craft it, so I was asking about the official end time, as it looks like they'll switch it off then for everyone, no matter when you started. Looks like I still have more than a day, should be enough. :)

groovyedwin
12-02-15, 07:47 PM
The last day to quest and craft the tales specific items is tomorrow.

groovyedwin
12-02-15, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know if page 1 is correct for the 10th day acts?

roguebee
12-02-15, 07:50 PM
If memory serves me right, the ability to go on the quests and craft the special items will end when the event is ended for everyone. The last day you could start the event was the 24th. Day 10 for someone who started the event then would be tomorrow, the 3rd. So you have somewhere around 27 hours to go.

LavaMagic
12-02-15, 09:20 PM
My acts have been so different from the first page. Can anyone tell me what the last act is if the game level is 53? Thanks!

D_Raho
12-02-15, 09:51 PM
My acts have been so different from the first page. Can anyone tell me what the last act is if the game level is 53? Thanks!

The great 19sparkles96 (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?159220-19sparkles96) has it in post #66. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86544-Dragon-Tales-Cursed-Beauty-Nov-20-2015&p=1209446&viewfull=1#post1209446)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86544-Dragon-Tales-Cursed-Beauty-Nov-20-2015&p=1209446&viewfull=1#post1209446

LavaMagic
12-02-15, 11:21 PM
The great 19sparkles96 (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?159220-19sparkles96) has it in post #66. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86544-Dragon-Tales-Cursed-Beauty-Nov-20-2015&p=1209446&viewfull=1#post1209446)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86544-Dragon-Tales-Cursed-Beauty-Nov-20-2015&p=1209446&viewfull=1#post1209446

Thank you so much! I am actually going to be able to finish!

stefen35
12-03-15, 12:11 AM
I being able to finish this DT events but i lost so many food :( but i wonder why i cant get new dragons recently 10 days already (only got the repeated dragon which i have already) i also didnt get any good prize from spin to win

theone2001
12-03-15, 01:55 AM
I just reached chapter 10 and will be calling it quits.

Raise Beast to level 15 or skip 195 gold

I don't have enough apples. 195 gold to skip Really? When you compare the cost to skip other feedings that are in the 20's then 195 is a bit ridiculous.

Well I did get 2 new dragons out of this.

I will not be spending Gold on the ballroom habitat
and no Gold will be spent on completing the last 5 battles. as I usually have to spend some gold on ultimate's to complete the battles.

For those able to complete this Dragon Tales congratulations!

ahomeforme
12-03-15, 03:00 AM
I completed chapter 9 with 3 hours left on the clock. First tale that I didn't finish.
Got 10 gold from chap.9, and with the 12 gold used to ultimate Infinity from chap.7 battles, I spent 2 gold in total for 2 dragons. :p

Lunaticus
12-03-15, 03:56 AM
Still at C7 with 21hrs to go. 😢

evys_mom
12-03-15, 06:08 AM
Well if I were to get a gold sale this morning I would buy and use to skip the raising to lvl 15. To me 195 is a good buy for the pretty Beauty, but I won't buy at full price especially when my primary island is having a gold sale currently. I really hope to see that sale pop up. Hint hint hint TL. hehe

AliceWinter24
12-03-15, 09:04 AM
I'm so jealous of everyone who got a second Cursed Rose, sad to be left out :(

hon3ycomb
12-03-15, 09:08 AM
I completed chapter 9 with 3 hours left on the clock. First tale that I didn't finish.
Got 10 gold from chap.9, and with the 12 gold used to ultimate Infinity from chap.7 battles, I spent 2 gold in total for 2 dragons. :p

Seems like I'm going to fail for the first time as well. I still need loads and loads of food to get that Beast dragon from 14 to 15, even if I bought some with the 80 gold I collected over the week, it won't be enough. And the 5 battle arena wins? I'd better have a good night's sleep instead.. :(

volissos
12-03-15, 04:04 PM
Just finished the Dragon Tales and got the Beauty dragon, but it seems unfair that some got a 2nd Cursed Rose and some didn't. Not all who started early got affected by the glitch but got one more any way -and bravo S8 for that. But why not the rest of us?

DeeDe99
12-04-15, 06:55 AM
Beast just had his first Arena contest. Against Prime Power level 14. Beast won, first hit was a crit.

nicsdragonisle
12-04-15, 08:29 AM
I being able to finish this DT events but i lost so many food :( but i wonder why i cant get new dragons recently 10 days already (only got the repeated dragon which i have already) i also didnt get any good prize from spin to win
I haven't won a dragon from a spin in the last 2 wheels, although I have gotten about 27 maps 😀

jacksusa
12-04-15, 09:40 PM
This is probably not the one to reply to this, but here I go. I'm not naive enough to believe we can all play this for free. But, can we all at least play for dollars, when we choose to? TL does not put in the effort that they do, to not make money. That is a given. I'm fine with that, of course, that's how they survive. We can't all play for free. I'm willing to spend real cash on the game, and have, please just don't trap me into it! This happens all the time, as you and the mods know! As I said, you have to have cash to run this game, but pls give us the option of actually choosing, or you might have folks that will decide to quit playing.

groovyedwin
12-05-15, 02:25 AM
Beast just had his first Arena contest. Against Prime Power level 14. Beast won, first hit was a crit.

Beast is a great tournament dragon. It will come in handy later in the tournment.