PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story install pop up

edd2309
11-14-15, 09:07 PM
Keep getting a pop up to install Castle Story every time i open dragon story and periodically if i have the game open for awhile on android. How do I get rid of this without installing the game? I would install it but there is no quest for it, just the pop up

edit(KP)

Unfortunately, if the game has been deleted from the device or you're playing on another account that doesn't have progress in the game, you will be receiving the popups.

redstar177
11-14-15, 10:56 PM
Keep getting a pop up to install Castle Story every time i open dragon story and periodically if i have the game open for awhile on android. How do I get rid of this without installing the game? I would install it but there is no quest for it, just the pop up

I am having the same problem. I already installed and played the game when it was first available (I have since uninstalled), but now I am getting the pop up repeatedly. I don't have a quest though, so I don't want to install if there is no gold reward

DeeDe99
11-14-15, 11:44 PM
I got a goal on my Android. Installed, played, received the reward. Plus the second reward for reaching level 6. I think the third one I'll skip - it is too slow and boring.

Did I get a pop-up? I can't remember, I suppose I did.

kooky panda
11-15-15, 10:34 AM
You will not be able to get of this without installing and playing the game. It is a timed quest so you will need to wait for it to expire.

I am having the same problem. I already installed and played the game when it was first available (I have since uninstalled), but now I am getting the pop up repeatedly. I don't have a quest though, so I don't want to install if there is no gold reward

You will not be able to get of this without installing and playing the game. It is a timed quest so you will need to wait for it to expire.

hiabarara
11-15-15, 10:58 AM

So we won't be able to get rid of it for the next 19 days? I get this annoying pop-up multiple times a day. That's just great.
Hopefully it won't be like this for every game goal. (I can't even play Castle Story to get rid of it because the game crashes after two minutes.)

redstar177
11-15-15, 11:46 AM

Kooky, the problem I have is I already downloaded and played the game months ago. Usually, I do not get pop ups for games I've already played and completed the quests for. Additionally, I don't have the timed quest- just the pop up.

edd2309
11-15-15, 11:56 AM

We. Are. Not. Getting. The. Quest. Do you understand?

kooky panda
11-15-15, 01:34 PM
Kooky, the problem I have is I already downloaded and played the game months ago. Usually, I do not get pop ups for games I've already played and completed the quests for. Additionally, I don't have the timed quest- just the pop up.
Oh gotcha! So not quest in goal book, just the pop up to download.
I will report this over.

redstar177
11-15-15, 10:17 PM
Oh gotcha! So not quest in goal book, just the pop up to download.
I will report this over.

Thank you Kooky! :)

kooky panda
11-16-15, 11:48 AM

Can you delete and re -download bakery story 2 , then restart your Dragon game to see if this will stop the pop up?

edd2309
11-17-15, 03:34 PM
Can you delete and re -download bakery story 2 , then restart your Dragon game to see if this will stop the pop up?

The castle story pop up got replaced by a Bubble Mania pop up...

Still no quest to go with the pop up.

kooky panda
11-17-15, 03:50 PM
The castle story pop up got replaced by a Bubble Mania pop up...

Still no quest to go with the pop up.
Oh no! Can you try downloading bubble mania then restart your dragon game to see if this pop goes away(and no more show up!)

edd2309
11-17-15, 09:29 PM
Oh no! Can you try downloading bubble mania then restart your dragon game to see if this pop goes away(and no more show up!)

... Downloaded Bubble Mania, restarted dragon story, deleted bubble mania. The Castle Story pop up came back... This game already has too many pop ups every time I open it. This is ridiculous

Jackiesq
11-18-15, 05:52 AM
Same problems here! If I install a game an other pop-up shows up. I can't install them all without deleting an other. And they show up very often! No goals to get gold, because I already played this games (I understand that), but please stop this annoying pop-ups...

zyfazix
11-18-15, 06:32 AM
Sometimes they come up twice while playing. I understand that they're trying to promote other games but goals + double pop-ups (yes, I sometimes click one away and it comes back minutes later) + balloon is simply absurd. Last month there was the Fantasy Forest Story pop-ups I simply could not get rid of because I couldn't install the app.
Tone it down Storm8. We already know about your other apps and choose not to play them

DeeDe99
11-18-15, 01:00 PM
I am not having this problem on Android and since reading this thread I've been in a few times as a little test.

I did download Castle Story about a week or more ago when prompted, but I'm not getting any pop-ups or anything.

Just adding info.

delimiah
11-19-15, 01:31 AM
I've downloaded Castle story when this pop-up which I've played and deleted long time ago. As there's no gold rewards, I deleted it again and now the pop - up is back! It's really annoying! Same with bubble mania.
Give me some gold if u(storm8) want to be this annoying!

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 02:11 AM
I always get gold rewards. Something very different between my experience and yours by the sound of it.

Jackiesq
11-19-15, 03:42 AM
@Deede99 Have you got a pop up from a game you played already for the gold rewards? That's when the problems starts. A few weeks ago we don't get a pop up on the ID's if we had played the game, now we get pop-ups (sometimes every 10 minutes) for a game to install, but we don't get the goal, so no gold because we already got that months ago. After installing the game it's gone, but another pop up from another game shows every time. So We must install all the games again and again if S8 promote it for the newer S8-players... :-(

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 04:01 AM
Hi Jackie, no, no pop ups like that at all. I only ever download the games when prompted and only to get the rewards. Got the rewards, a couple I've played to get the second reward, no pop ups, no problems at all. Honestly. I don't even think I got an initial pop up, just the little icon on the side of the screen.

Oh, and yes, I had/have goals. They just sit there until I achieve them or disappear if I don't. No reminders or anything.

I first downloaded DS in August this year, just before all the extra land was released, so I'm a newer player if that is any help.

Jackiesq
11-19-15, 04:42 AM
You can't miss the new pop-ups they are filling the hole screen! But only from the games I played all the 3 goals after installing them. I played other games before I started DS (about 6 months ago now), yes because of a goal to get some keys, or what it was like gold in DS... This goals are most of the time for a month or so, after that it's out of the list goals for DS.

Jackiesq
11-19-15, 08:53 AM
Kooky/S8
I have done everything now to check. The pop-up of a game don't shows up (so far) if the game is installed on my device. Deleting will bring it back! Last pop-up now is from Bakery Story 2! That was a new game for me and I finished the last quest last week I think... Deleted it after that. This means all games that has a limited quest at the moment must on your device. Otherwise I get nearly every 10 minutes a pop-up during planting upgrapes... That means at least 4 games, I don't play! Also needed normal DS and Halloween version, because some things can't be done in normal, some not in Halloween. Most devices haven't a capacity to place them all and the more is on your device the slower it will be, so more crashes if you play DS. :-/
Don't have to say that this must be changed, I think...

kooky panda
11-19-15, 11:59 AM
Kooky/S8
I have done everything now to check. The pop-up of a game don't shows up (so far) if the game is installed on my device. Deleting will bring it back! Last pop-up now is from Bakery Story 2! That was a new game for me and I finished the last quest last week I think... Deleted it after that. This means all games that has a limited quest at the moment must on your device. Otherwise I get nearly every 10 minutes a pop-up during planting upgrapes... That means at least 4 games, I don't play! Also needed normal DS and Halloween version, because some things can't be done in normal, some not in Halloween. Most devices haven't a capacity to place them all and the more is on your device the slower it will be, so more crashes if you play DS. :-/
Don't have to say that this must be changed, I think...
Unfortunately, if the game has been deleted from the device or you're playing on another account that doesn't have progress in the game, you will be receiving the popups.:(

9krm
11-19-15, 12:36 PM
I keep getting the Castle Story pop up too, even though I already have it on my phone as my daughter plays it. Very annoying!

redstar177
11-19-15, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately, if the game has been deleted from the device or you're playing on another account that doesn't have progress in the game, you will be receiving the popups.:(
But i do not have 2 accounts, and i keep getting bubble mania pop ups. This account, redstar177, cleared 60 or so levels for the gold before i deleted it. So why am i still getting the pop ups? I think thus is a system wide issue, not user end

Jackiesq
11-19-15, 01:16 PM
2nd id I play on an other device, so that isn't it! If S8 don't changes it it will **** DS! I can't play DS with all the pop-ups 100 times everyday and I can't have all S8 games installed on my device! And I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Natasha_07
11-19-15, 01:41 PM
I was getting the one for castle, I'm now getting a pop-up for bubble several times a day whenever I open a story game. It's so annoying that I have actually played this to a high level long ago and I keep getting the stupid, useless add.

I don't mind gem offers at all, I'm actually glad when I do get them but this is just unacceptable since there's no reward coming from these pop-ups, it's just spamming.

edd2309
11-21-15, 05:05 PM

So you're saying these pop ups are permanent now? How is this a problem now all of a sudden? The pop ups for your other bad games never showed up unless there was a quest. Why is it bugged now?

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 05:19 PM
But i do not have 2 accounts, and i keep getting bubble mania pop ups. This account, redstar177, cleared 60 or so levels for the gold before i deleted it. So why am i still getting the pop ups? I think thus is a system wide issue, not user end

If it were system wide, I'd have the same problem. I don't. It is certainly very curious.