PDA

View Full Version : Value Pack: Unicorn Dragon Nov. 13, 2015

amerirish
11-13-15, 12:06 PM
25,000 apples
Unicorn Dragon
Diamond Fields (habitat)

(I just could not resist so I bought one! On the nest now :D )

feonalily
11-13-15, 12:24 PM
Is this a good deal? how often do diamonds go in value packs?

irishbaker3
11-13-15, 12:29 PM
Ive been trying for this dragon forever!!!! I just need a gold sale and Ms. Unicorn is all mine!!!!

belarica
11-13-15, 12:31 PM
Ive been trying for this dragon forever!!!! I just need a gold sale and Ms. Unicorn is all mine!!!!

Why do you need a gold sale???

irishbaker3
11-13-15, 12:34 PM
Why do you need a gold sale???

Lol I just realized that!!!! Haha my brain is gone. :rolleyes: Thankfully its friday! Thanks for saving me from buying gold too!

amerirish
11-13-15, 12:36 PM
Is this a good deal? how often do diamonds go in value packs?

Very, very rarely.

Hawk1
11-13-15, 12:45 PM
I couldn't resist, plus breeding anything new hasn't been happening on my island. The last "new" dragon that I bred was Sour Candy, not one Halloween dragon except what I got during events.

feonalily
11-13-15, 12:50 PM
Very, very rarely.

looks like i'm buying this dragon too lol. cheers!

pernmagic
11-13-15, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=amerirish;

(I just could not resist so I bought one! On the nest now :D )[/QUOTE]
Same here..... I'm fed up with the endless fails she is on the nest :) :)

owa411
11-13-15, 01:10 PM
Thank god it takes a whole week to buy. :)

tengoambre123
11-13-15, 02:37 PM
I'm going to be thinking longgggg and hard on this (but something tells me I'm definitely buying :) )

caramellenina
11-13-15, 02:53 PM
I did too, been trying to breed but good deal so it's on my nest! Yay! :o

Passera
11-13-15, 05:01 PM
Fortunately or unfortunately, not sure which, I am not able to purchase value packs or gold for that matter pressing on the value pack icon does absolutely nothing and there is just dragon mother when I try to get gold too bad I don't encounter this on the buy apples section lol guess I'll have to keep trying to breed this

DeeDe99
11-13-15, 06:44 PM
I've thought long and hard about this and drooled over Pernmagic's nest where the egg is twinkling in the sunlight, whispering "Go on, you know you want to...."

There is also a free boosted breeding weekend and I am trying for Winter Lily. So, Cupcake and Infinity will spend the weekend on the breeding den and if I don't get Unicorn as a Winter Lily fail, I'll buy the value pack. Makes sense to me........ I think......

devlinholics
11-13-15, 07:02 PM
I've thought long and hard about this and drooled over Pernmagic's nest where the egg is twinkling in the sunlight, whispering "Go on, you know you want to...."

There is also a free boosted breeding weekend and I am trying for Winter Lily. So, Cupcake and Infinity will spend the weekend on the breeding den and if I don't get Unicorn as a Winter Lily fail, I'll buy the value pack. Makes sense to me........ I think......

I am also trying for winter lily, now yr advice on fail makes sense, 7days to get Unicon. If I buy this pack n breed unicon n green/white will it be better than I am breeding the tales princess pink,black,white n green dragon. I dun have any pink dragon.

Is unicon that hard to breed? I about to finish my first diamond tomorrow

lady_saphira
11-13-15, 07:57 PM
I am also trying for winter lily, now yr advice on fail makes sense, 7days to get Unicon. If I buy this pack n breed unicon n green/white will it be better than I am breeding the tales princess pink,black,white n green dragon. I dun have any pink dragon.

I believe unicorn is the most elusive of the diamonds for most people...

DeeDe99
11-13-15, 08:00 PM

If I understand correctly, you are using Spirit Queen to get your pink in the mix because she is the only dragon you have with pink? Pink behaves strangely when in a parent (as do the other "mixed" colours). If pink is NOT the only colour in the mix it can split into red and white but if it splits pink is no longer in the "gene pool" at all. A risk we all take! I think I've got that right - very confusing because if both parents are only pink, red and white get added to the possibilities.

Anyway, the more colours you have in the parents, the more possible offspring, so presumably the odds are less of getting your desired outcome. So on that basis, yes, Unicorn and say Jigsaw give 26 possible offspring. Spirit Queen and Forest give 90 possible offspring.

persezabar
11-13-15, 09:40 PM
I have my Unicorn with diamond temple in the first try breeding virtue & diamond.

DeeDe99
11-13-15, 09:46 PM
I have my Unicorn with diamond temple in the first try breeding virtue & diamond.

Right at this moment I dislike you intensely! LOLOL Lucky you!

amalsaba
11-13-15, 10:24 PM

I have pretty lucky lately. I bred summer elf while trying for cauldron this week. And I tried for over a month when it came out with no avail. For the last few days I've been trying for the winter lily and I got pansy, flower and winter lily all this week. My combo is: hunter and black swan. Good luck. And Deedee, the value pack is valued at $30 on my account (which is unusual ) unless different players have different prices.

DeeDe99
11-13-15, 10:40 PM
amalsaba, I understand it depends where you are. Apple have increased the prices in Australia due to the current exchange rate. Not S8, Apple. Also in other countries. So we all see different prices.

Until recently, Apple hadn't distinguished between USD and AUD, so we paid the same.

Dcdonn
11-13-15, 11:10 PM
Oh I didn't have to think at all! Only clean my glasses to make certain that I had read correctly -// was it really the unicorn they were offering ??? And sure enough / YIPPEE!!!!
As to who asked about if this is worth it OR how often do they offer diamonds in these packages? I began playing early this year & this is only the third time I have seen a diamond dragon offered. And the unicorn is very very elusive as has been pointed out - I have hundreds of fails as do many others. Thank you S8!!!

stefen35
11-13-15, 11:30 PM
have two already from breeding lol

amalsaba
11-13-15, 11:37 PM

I have pretty lucky lately. I bred summer elf while trying for cauldron this week. And I tried for over a month when it came out with no avail. For the last few days I've been trying for the winter lily and I got pansy, flower and winter lily all this week. My combo is: hunter and black swan. Good luck. And Deedee, the value pack is valued at $30 on my account (which is unusual ) unless different players have different prices.

EnchantedG
11-14-15, 01:01 AM
I'm going to be thinking longgggg and hard on this (but something tells me I'm definitely buying :) )

DITTO :) im gonna wait until last hour and buy, lets see if i can hold myself that long LOL

lindseyny
11-14-15, 12:19 PM
To everyone who bought this: Where is the diamond habitat? I can't find it in my storage or on my island anywhere.

EDIT: Sneaky "ALL" label on storage. Found it!

LunaC757
11-14-15, 03:24 PM
Add another one who plans on buying the Unicorn package. When a unique dragon is offered, especially one notoriously "challenging" to breed, I'm not shy. It will also make a couple of "Grands" giddy with delight.

Dcdonn
11-14-15, 09:59 PM
Smiles - love you post about the 'grands' !!!! And I'm loving my new unicorn!! She was 'almost' worth the wait ....!
I'm still thrilled with S8 but I put down some funds this week that's for certain --/ I got most from the breeding but it's the food that ****s us ;)
Congrats to all who acquired Ms. U!

Mythdefied
11-15-15, 11:38 AM
I took one look at this, said heck yes! And bought it. It's my third diamond and all three were bought in value packs. I have no luck breeding these.

Dcdonn
11-15-15, 08:58 PM
Hi Mythdefied (love your user name!!) - I think I got all of the others by buying the diamond booster one week. Literally! But great getting the unicorn, heh? ����������

owa411
11-16-15, 09:04 AM
Couldn't resist anymore and bought the pack. Am so excited :)

Bastiaan0
11-16-15, 10:15 AM
Besides my 2 gold giving dragons, I never bought any dragon. Although tempting, I won't buy this one as well.
One day I'll breed it, just like the other 8 diamonds I now have. Currently breeding Gold and Neon 24/7, Unicorn is a possibility. Maybe I'll see that 36 hours breeding time one of these days...

LunaC757
11-16-15, 01:14 PM
*Sigh* Never give "Grands" an option... They're resorting to "Rock. Paper. Scissors." over Unicorn Dragon or Gold for Habitats.

The "Girl Grands" want to know if Unicorn Dragon is good in the Arena. They do not like to lose battles.

p.s. The "Boy Grands" are lobbying for Gold. They want more dragons... one dragon isn't going to cut it.

belarica
11-16-15, 02:04 PM
I bought it. I passed on the Angel value pack hoping to breed my first diamond but that will only happen when I finally give up. Unicorn is my favorite diamond type anyway :)

pernmagic
11-16-15, 03:25 PM
Couldn't resist anymore and bought the pack. Am so excited :)
Enjoy :)

EnchantedG
11-17-15, 12:22 AM
Me too..... just couldn't resist and bought it yesterday!! i think it was more of a perk me up buy. But, i don't regret it, since i've been trying to breed Gold Dragon since the start of free boosted breed and not getting anything but Air fails. So i guess this was a good decision to buy Unicorn, i don't see myself getting it via Breeding in a Zillion years!!!

mbyte68
11-18-15, 02:47 AM
del me

devlinholics
11-18-15, 03:29 AM
Ok just to make it clear because some1 told me about purchasing dragons... It might works for me because of these reason...

The unicorn was in my storage n diamond habitat too... It did not go straight to the nest as mention... Reason might be because my both nest are full n my pathetic small island has no space lol

DeeDe99
11-18-15, 03:54 AM
Ok just to make it clear because some1 told me about purchasing dragons... It might works for me because of these reason...

The unicorn was in my storage n diamond habitat too... It did not go straight to the nest as mention... Reason might be because my both nest are full n my pathetic small island has no space lol

Devlinholics, when you buy Value Packs they always go to Storage. That is normal.

devlinholics
11-18-15, 04:26 AM
Devlinholics, when you buy Value Packs they always go to Storage. That is normal.

I remember very clearly someone told me it will go immediately to empty nest once purchase as past few days I really cannot afford having unicorn sitting for 36hrs when my other is hatching diamond 44hrs, need that spare sloth for winter lily fails many life dragon... So I delay purchasing this offer but no worries

DeeDe99
11-18-15, 04:33 AM
I remember very clearly someone told me it will go immediately to empty nest once purchase as past few days I really cannot afford having unicorn sitting for 36hrs when my other is hatching diamond 44hrs, need that spare sloth for winter lily fails many life dragon... So I delay purchasing this offer but no worries

When you purchase from the Market they go straight to the nest.

ozigal
11-18-15, 03:34 PM
I've just subscribed to S8 slush fund for the unicorn pack. Guess we gots to keep the 250 plus employees in work lol.I'm not addicted..I'm not addicted..lol

Simdiva
11-18-15, 03:51 PM

You are very very lucky I've had six temple never seen unicorn and I just bought it lol

Simdiva
11-18-15, 03:52 PM
When you purchase from the Market they go straight to the nest.

Value packs do not go to nest

Simdiva
11-18-15, 03:55 PM

You can feel free to get this, value packs go to storage anyhow, and yes it's very difficult to breed as a rule

DeeDe99
11-18-15, 04:24 PM

Yes, that was the issue, Devlinholics thought they did, thanks for confirming. Only from the Market.

What happens, come to think of it, if you buy from the market and all your nests are full? Do you just get the nests full message, or does it go to storage?

Simdiva
11-18-15, 04:28 PM
Yes you get nests full msg and you cannot purchase, I had the issue when I was buying my first treasure dragon I wanted it to go to storage but of course I couldn't do that

Team lava will be maki g buck on this pack lol

owa411
11-18-15, 05:39 PM
Mine is in storage actually...

DeeDe99
11-19-15, 04:42 PM
I caved in. I knew I would. Unicorn is now on the nest. I've broken my self-imposed rule of not buying breedables. Oh well, life is about flexibility and adaptation, right?

Jennerwein1
11-20-15, 04:11 AM
After reading all the posts here, I caved with 7hrs left on timer. Have only bought three other dragons (2 gold and 1 map).

DeeDe99
11-20-15, 05:17 AM
After reading all the posts here, I caved with 7hrs left on timer. Have only bought three other dragons (2 gold and 1 map).

Take comfort in the knowledge you are not alone. That's what I did.

Also, I come from a farming background. Nothing wrong with buying a good brood mare, you know! :)

sipland
11-20-15, 07:24 AM
Just tried one more attempt at Unicorn with Diamond x Virtue and got a 33 hr Virtue. Looking like I will buy this as well. The fails are too painful! (lol I shouldn't feel too bad about the money ... spent more than this on pizza last night!)

tengoambre123
11-20-15, 08:31 AM
i gave in and bought it and now my baby is on the nest :)

I wish a value pack like this had come along during the time i was trying desperately for a diamond, that would have made my life sooooo much easier

DeeDe99
11-21-15, 06:22 PM
Just tried one more attempt at Unicorn with Diamond x Virtue and got a 33 hr Virtue. Looking like I will buy this as well. The fails are too painful! (lol I shouldn't feel too bad about the money ... spent more than this on pizza last night!)

Good point about the pizza. :)

DeeDe99
11-27-15, 08:51 PM
Take comfort in the knowledge you are not alone. That's what I did.

Also, I come from a farming background. Nothing wrong with buying a good brood mare, you know! :)

There are, I have discovered, brood mares and then there are other brood mares.

First outing to the Breeding Den and young Ms Unicorn produces a Love dragon. Not exactly what I had in mind.