PDA

View Full Version : 'Disaster' feature

noemata
11-13-15, 03:24 AM
I'd like to suggest a new 'disaster' feature to be added to this game where a player's farm encounters a random 'disaster', e.g. a fox that has disturbed the farm animals perhaps removing a farm animal from the land, thieves that have stolen farm animals or broken equipment so that production on some machines are halved for a set time. Also, as a possible safeguard against these disasters, farmers could buy some form of insurance policy / tokens which protects their farms for a set time.

PookieBear50
11-13-15, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure I'd be sold on a disaster feature. We went to a lot of trouble to design our farms, and then to have to expend more coins and/or gems to restore things? I'd hate to do that.

On the other hand...if the restoration happened on its own, like within 12-24 hours, with production only halved as you suggest, then I could go along with it...IF there were an added incentive to be had during those lost production times. For example, an option to make certain limited-time recipes (due to limited resources), such as special-order soups (that would be ordered by plane/train for invisible clean-up crews). Or, perhaps, as we aid in the clean-up (random piles of trash and rubbish which need to be tapped on to clear), we uncover various other items that we can use (tools, expansion papers, etc.), like with the Junk Piles we clear.

If those were possibilities following a disaster, I would be supportive.

Not sure I agree with the insurance policy at all, though.

noemata
11-13-15, 03:21 PM
I made this suggestion based on being at max level (60) for some time and the 'daily grind' is just tending crops, factories, hot air balloon and train etc. It may 'spice' things up in the game if one of my cows had to be taken away (somehow) so I would have to replace it or perhaps some crops get destroyed by flood so you would have to replant. As with some other S8 games, once on max level....game coins increase.......:D

olcastle
11-16-15, 02:13 PM
I already have a permanent disaster on my farm. I can't craft anything peacefully without reversing back and trying again because many of my machines are always full (and I don't remember which machines are full!) and max cap is still not fixed.

noemata
11-16-15, 04:14 PM
I already have a permanent disaster on my farm. I can't craft anything peacefully without reversing back and trying again because many of my machines are always full (and I don't remember which machines are full!) and max cap is still not fixed.

Sounds to me that your "disaster" may be to do with your device syncing with the server? Perhaps you could contact S8 support about this?

olcastle
11-16-15, 06:02 PM
Sounds to me that your "disaster" may be to do with your device syncing with the server? Perhaps you could contact S8 support about this?

It's a known bug from v.1.9 with machines capacity.

noemata
11-17-15, 01:13 AM
It's a known bug from v.1.9 with machines capacity.

If you're having issues with a 'known bug' which has something to do with the machine's capacity, please try the "Bugs & Issues" section of this forum.

olcastle
11-17-15, 01:25 AM
If you're having issues with a 'known bug' which has something to do with the machine's capacity, please try the "Bugs & Issues" section of this forum.

Many players tried , but no one succeeded lol

Rynetory2
11-17-15, 03:01 AM

Collect crafts from your machines and you wont have this reverse issue. Make sure you have sufficient barn space before you collect.

The advantage of collecting from your machines frees you the hassle and rush to empty the stockpile of crafts from your machines during an event whereby the goal needs you to craft and give special event items (assuming if you participate in events).

olcastle
11-17-15, 03:59 AM
I skipped the last event exactly for this reason - I didn't want to empty my machines. I'm more interested in sending trains so there's clear advantage for me to keep my machines full. If I keep machines full I know for sure how many items inside, otherwise I might not remember.
Also, some high level machines with long cooking time and rare stuff are never involved in events so there's no advantage at all to empty them. I don't play much anymore so I want to have nice stock all the time and don't run out of stuff unexpectedly (happened before because I've thought I had more). This gameplay was perfect for me before v1.9.

Rynetory2
11-17-15, 04:16 AM
I skipped the last event exactly for this reason - I didn't want to empty my machines. I'm more interested in sending trains so there's clear advantage for me to keep my machines full. If I keep machines full I know for sure how many items inside, otherwise I might not remember.
Also, some high level machines with long cooking time and rare stuff are never involved in events so there's no advantage at all to empty them. I don't play much anymore so I want to have nice stock all the time and don't run out of stuff unexpectedly (happened before because I've thought I had more). This gameplay was perfect for me before v1.9.

Sorry that you had to miss that event out. The only solution (at the moment) to reverse issue is clear crafts. Sorry i will stop here now so that discussion can return to the original topic. If you like to discuss further, you can set your own thread or put in your suggestions in the suggestions threads. Have fun with your trains. :)

Rynetory2
11-17-15, 04:18 AM
As a daily player at max level for a very long time, I have enough coins, gems and resources (tools, papers) to purchase insurance policies or repurchase destroyed farm items or land. But putting myself in the shoes of these players, I hope this disaster feature will not be too much a burden to them...

1. Lower level players - They need lots of coins to buy those buildings etc as they level up. Will they be able to withstand regular disaster hits? Inability to restore their farm will affect their basic farm play or participations in events.

2. Non daily/regular players - Depending on the frequency of the hits and extend of the damage, will these players find their farms completely destroyed during their absence? Not everyone can afford the time to play regularly. Even the regular players take vacations or be away from farms to attend to real life matters.

3. Players who spend effort in decorating their farms - I dont but I had seen beautiful farms and I know some players stated on the forum they do put in special effort. Will these players feel their all efforts wasted?

Personally I am neutral with this. Just putting my 2 cents worth of thoughts and for S8 to take in consideration of all level players.

noemata
11-17-15, 04:58 AM
As a daily player at max level for a very long time, I have enough coins, gems and resources (tools, papers) to purchase insurance policies or repurchase destroyed farm items or land. But putting myself in the shoes of these players, I hope this disaster feature will not be too much a burden to them...

1. Lower level players - They need lots of coins to buy those buildings etc as they level up. Will they be able to withstand regular disaster hits? Inability to restore their farm will affect their basic farm play or participations in events.

2. Non daily/regular players - Depending on the frequency of the hits and extend of the damage, will these players find their farms completely destroyed during their absence? Not everyone can afford the time to play regularly. Even the regular players take vacations or be away from farms to attend to real life matters.

3. Players who spend effort in decorating their farms - I dont but I had seen beautiful farms and I know some players stated on the forum they do put in special effort. Will these players feel their all efforts wasted?

Personally I am neutral with this. Just putting my 2 cents worth of thoughts and for S8 to take in consideration of all level players.

Thanks for getting back to topic Rynetory2....

For this feature to work best in the game and to be fair to the lower levels still working their farms, I would let this feature kick-in on a certain period after reaching level 60 (say a few months). This feature really wouldn't affect any farm design as farm animals that may disappear belong inside a 'pen'; crops getting destroyed (that can easily be replaced); halving production on machines for a set time. When this feature is running, insurance policies can be bought for a few days, weeks or months to cover from these disasters in the form of game coins or tokens. On top of this there could be a daily report that pops up in your farm to say that your insurance covered your farm from any make-believe disaster that may have happened. On the flip-side, if you hadn't bought insurance this report could tell you what the consequences have been.