PDA

View Full Version : Deleting items from pantry

spydre1
11-11-15, 09:16 AM
Please help! I've deleted items from my pantry before. As recently as last night, when I opened the pantry, there would be an "x" next to items where I could delete them, or there was some way to allow me to delete them. Today, I can't delete anything. Not parts, not thank you notes, not food (and it previously let me delete food, as well). I'm at a point where I need to get rid of at least one two things out of my pantry, and I know just the thing to delete, but I can't. I need one more part to expand my pantry, and I'm short on gems to make it happen.

But TL; DR version, through last night, I could delete items in my pantry. Now I can't. Can someone please, please, please help me? It would be nice if a dev or moderator responded. TIA

clarontinalisa
11-11-15, 09:26 AM
I am in the same position. Can't delete from pantry. Help I am stuck!

spydre1
11-11-15, 10:25 AM
Logged into the game again, was able to delete something. Walked away and my game went to standby, came back and can't delete anything - and I still need to delete something because I purchased one too many of something, and had just enough slots in my pantry for the 9 items needed to make the tiramisu.
AGH!

spydre1
11-11-15, 11:07 AM
NEW UPDATE: For me, it seems, I regain the lost ability to delete items after giving it some time. This time after about 20 minutes between game log ins, I came back into game and was able to delete from the pantry again. I didn't check to see if I retained the ability to delete after deleting one item, though.

kooky panda
11-11-15, 02:33 PM
You will need to be 90% or more full before the option to delete items will appear.

Scribbles138
11-11-15, 06:52 PM
If I click on the X to delete something, will it delete one of the item or all of them? My storage is full of thank you notes and upgrade items, but not enough to an increase. I'm finding I can only hold about seven actual food items out of the 50 spots.

DrP4ever
11-11-15, 08:37 PM
If I click on the X to delete something, will it delete one of the item or all of them? My storage is full of thank you notes and upgrade items, but not enough to an increase. I'm finding I can only hold about seven actual food items out of the 50 spots.

It deletes every single one. Say you have 12 sugar, need space for 3 lemons so you figure you'll delete 3 sugar. Nope. Deleting makes ALL your sugar go away. Not cool!

meme1098
11-12-15, 03:05 PM
It deletes every single one. Say you have 12 sugar, need space for 3 lemons so you figure you'll delete 3 sugar. Nope. Deleting makes ALL your sugar go away. Not cool!

This is my predicament exactly! My pantry's full but I'm not gonna delete all of 1 item to continue! You should be able to delete the number you want

ginourmous
11-15-15, 12:54 AM
What kind of [] is that that you have to delete ALL of the same item. I am invaded by thank you note but i surely don't want to delete ALLof them ionku want to get like 10 out. This needs to be fixed. Makes no sense at all

mcmaster40
11-15-15, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=spydre1;1204568]Please help! I've deleted items from my pantry before. As recently as last night, when I opened the pantry, there would be an "x" next to items where I could delete them, or there was some way to allow me to delete them. Today, I can't delete anything. Not parts, not thank you notes, not food (and it previously let me delete food, as well). I'm at a point where I need to get rid of at least one two things out of my pantry, and I know just the thing to delete, but I can't. I need one more part

Unfortunate you have to fill 100% to get to delete then you have to delete all of an item. I just deleted 26 thank you notes!!

kooky panda
11-15-15, 01:37 PM
Please help! I've deleted items from my pantry before. As recently as last night, when I opened the pantry, there would be an "x" next to items where I could delete them, or there was some way to allow me to delete them. Today, I can't delete anything. Not parts, not thank you notes, not food (and it previously let me delete food, as well). I'm at a point where I need to get rid of at least one two things out of my pantry, and I know just the thing to delete, but I can't. I need one more part

Unfortunate you have to fill 100% to get to delete then you have to delete all of an item. I just deleted 26 thank you notes!!
You should be able to delete when you are at least 90% full.

ginourmous
11-15-15, 07:56 PM
Having to delete all of a certain item is ridiculous. I want to get some of those thank you cards out but not ALL OF THEM. Then I have this idiot guy sitting at the table refusing to leave until I click the THANK YOU NOTE. But I don't want more notes. This is not a good way to handle the pantry. ALl other games I play you can delete items in the pantry and you decide how many of the item you want to trash, never have to trash all of them. So, I guess this dude with the hat that looks like a lumberjack will stay in my bakery for ever now since I can't click it or I'll run out of space in the pantry. Please fix this issue!!!!

blackeneddove
11-18-15, 01:31 PM
What kind of [] is that that you have to delete ALL of the same item. I am invaded by thank you note but i surely don't want to delete ALLof them ionku want to get like 10 out. This needs to be fixed. Makes no sense at all

Agree. It's totally annoying :(

blackeneddove
11-18-15, 01:32 PM
Having to delete all of a certain item is ridiculous. I want to get some of those thank you cards out but not ALL OF THEM. Then I have this idiot guy sitting at the table refusing to leave until I click the THANK YOU NOTE. But I don't want more notes. This is not a good way to handle the pantry. ALl other games I play you can delete items in the pantry and you decide how many of the item you want to trash, never have to trash all of them. So, I guess this dude with the hat that looks like a lumberjack will stay in my bakery for ever now since I can't click it or I'll run out of space in the pantry. Please fix this issue!!!!

LOL! Ditto! You took the words right out of my mouth - thanks for saving me a post. :D

Doesn't he realize he's loitering & we have other paying customers who need to sit down?? ha ha
It's almost stalker-ish... ("take this Thank you note, or else...") :D

ginrae22
11-18-15, 01:35 PM
Seriously ?! we can't even delete items by choice? Come on. I guess I will be deleting this game. At least in RS2 you can not only delete items in storage at any time but you can ACTUALLY CHOOSE HOW MANY ITEMS TO DELETE. I literally am stuck. I cannot bake anything and no I'm not going to delete the parts that you obviously rarely ever can acquire to upgrade the pantry or to expand things. I'm so disappointed with the way these brand new games are designed. Ugh.

fatbearsecondary
11-18-15, 03:05 PM
You will need to be 90% or more full before the option to delete items will appear.

Um... Why? Srsly, why why why with so many of these UI decision being made. Why can't I delete when I want to, why is it triggered at 90%, and how, short of coming to the forums, am I supposed to know this information? Why is it not possible to figure out how to play the game from within the game?

teddybear195993
11-20-15, 06:52 PM
NEW UPDATE: For me, it seems, I regain the lost ability to delete items after giving it some time. This time after about 20 minutes between game log ins, I came back into game and was able to delete from the pantry again. I didn't check to see if I retained the ability to delete after deleting one item, though.

I am stuck as well and I don't have any jems to go any further I thought a pantry was for food not for thank you notes and other building items they should give us a storage cabinet to keep them in then you would be able to play the game

tigeress2474
11-20-15, 10:31 PM
Love how "Kooky Panda" only replies about "you need to be 90% full before you can delete" but doesn't say anything like TL IS LOOKING INTO LETTING YOU DELETE A FEW ITEMS AT A TIME LIKE IN RS2. Just saying!

MrsBlenkensop
11-21-15, 11:04 AM
i do love having Liam hanging around, though. lol.

kooky panda
11-21-15, 11:57 AM
Love how "Kooky Panda" only replies about "you need to be 90% full before you can delete" but doesn't say anything like TL IS LOOKING INTO LETTING YOU DELETE A FEW ITEMS AT A TIME LIKE IN RS2. Just saying!

It has been posted on some of the threads that this is a new game and future changes will be coming. I am hoping this will be one of the changes, but of course I do not like to post my personal guesses and provide any false hope.

Since I am not staff, future changes and updates are normally not provided to me.

When I do happen to get information I try to get to your guys as soon as I can.
All of the requests from players for changes for this new game are being passed on to the BS2 team by the community managers and the moderators.

Auntie65
11-23-15, 11:31 AM
It's obvious Liam has a major crush, need some of those notes gone or I'm deleting game

twinmommy03
11-24-15, 08:19 AM
I just don't understand why we don't have a separate food pantry and tool box, like we have in RS2. Why is there no continuity between games, especially on these basic game play items?

mamareader02
11-24-15, 03:23 PM
I just don't understand why we don't have a separate food pantry and tool box, like we have in RS2. Why is there no continuity between games, especially on these basic game play items?

Yeah,not having seperate storages,like they do in RS2 has left me to ignore game for bout a week,will play,but if that's the way TL wants to be(trying to get us to "gem" more storage space),then forget this game.the push to gem more and more things in EVERY TL games in getting ridiculous,events ang goals that can't possibly be finished without gemming ,smh,not the same ol TL I started with bout 5 years ago.

mamareader02
12-09-15, 10:10 AM
TL,is this an issue you're going to fix?i actually want to play this game,but NOT going to buy gems just to make more space in pantry because you don't have seperate storages,I WILL buy gems for items I want-not something I'm forced to do in order to actually play game

marriedtogary
01-04-16, 04:32 PM
Im in same boat. Why arent all pantries same across all games with pantries? I got notice saying pantry full with only option to increase pantry. I want to delete xmas stuff as i wont complete challenge (thats another issue i have but wont go there here!) but not able to. Ridiculous!

ap1386
01-05-16, 02:48 PM
Because Storm 8 is full of incompetent useless people who can't fix most of the issues with this game and do nothing but say "we are unable to _____" over and over.